User Reviews for Geodon to treat Autism

Geodon has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Autism. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Geodon Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Autism.

Reviews for Geodon

Austistic Angel · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2015

“My daughter has autism and ADHD, she has been extremely violent from a baby. Specialists had her on Risperdal which did help initially then they added different antidepressants and also Ritalin. Once she started on the Zeldox it was nothing short of a miracle for us. After a few weeks she is functioning like a "normal" child.. We cannot believe it. Even strangers come up to us to say how good our daughter is as they have seem her before. I know that there is no "cure" for autism but after years and years of animal like behaviour and violence I can honestly say its like a miracle for us. I just hope and pray that it lasts. She has experienced dystonia with it and we have reduced it, but its like it has flicked a switch on in her brain.”

Ohio Mom · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2015

“The doctor prescribed geodon 20mg at night for my 8 year old daughter. She has autism and a mood disorder. She has been on this medication for about a week and I am stopping it. She has became very agitated and restless. As of this evening she has become severely depressed and sobbing I over everything. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. I would never recommend this medication for any child.”

Jenna4160 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2017

“Low dose was very activating. Loved the energy and motivation. Wasn't enough to help with symptoms though. Increased dose was very sedating, but helped alot. I have aspergers, PTSD, social anxiety, and panic disorder. This med Increased libido, motivation, desire to socialize, ability to organize, moderately decreased depression but not very helpful for panic/anxiety. At any dose was unable to relax most of the time. I got a rash on my scalp and severe cystic acne on my face, shoulders and back that worsened as time went on so I discontinued.”

TC · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

“My 90 year old mother was recently given this drug because she objected to the five attempts to insert a mid-line catheter and now she has passed away. My 70 year old brother and I were talked to like dogs at the hospital where she died. I questioned the use of this drug because of my mothers well known and documented history of arrhythmia.”

WTD81 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 15, 2016

“When I started taking this medication 4 years ago, I knew right then that it would be nothing but a colossal detriment to my well-being. That is why I have been off this medication for the last 3 years, and I would not recommend this medication to anyone!”

Clarie February 23, 2021

“Geodon helps me have a great memory and that's about all it does. Tegretol made me angry I got off of that a while before I got on geodon and on this pill I'm still calm just like I was between pills. I love this memory pill.”

Noneofuourbumiz · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

“Made him more vicious like a wild animal”

Anonymous February 18, 2012

“It made me sick to my stomach, and very mean to people. I went back to Seroquel.”

Imteresad1 March 11, 2020

“My daughter seemed to be doing really well I mean a huge change and self control your irritability. but now we’re on our second month and we’ve had some pretty bad days.”

girlillinois May 28, 2011

“My daughter age 11 takes this and it has done wonders. It controls her moodiness and tantrums. Glad I tried this medicine.”

jenna 5280 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2012

“Many children with the autism diagnosis suffer from sleep disorders as well. Geodon in small doses is very effective in treating these disorders with minimal side effects.”

Mother of a son with Autism · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2017

“If you think Geodon is not working for the recipient, please Google "What you should eat when taking Geodon - Food and Geodon". Calorie intake is very important.”

Anonymous April 25, 2011

“This medication when given to my autistic child at age 8 made him so violent. Only took one dose.”

Embrel · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2017

“Lots of mental illness drugs are rubbish anyway. But this one made me poop about 3 times a day today. And I was sick for about 2 weeks on this. Stomach pain, nausea, joint pain and all that.”

Myob · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 10, 2017

“Caused me to have muscle spasms in my back”

Mattie0741 · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2021

“It significantly improved my feelings of rage, but I only lasted 3 weeks on it as it made me so tired I was falling asleep at uni, eating, talking, etc. all day long.”

Learn more about Autism