User Reviews for Aristada

Schizophrenia
3.5

Reviews for Aristada

Christiana · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · March 29, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “My daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression almost 2 years ago. They started her off on Abilify Maintena 300mg which helped her a lot, but it made her restless and didn’t stop the voices and she still had trouble thinking clearly because she was always tired but wired on it and had trouble sleeping properly. She was given a sample of Aristada one month and it was like a miracle, I felt like I had my happy daughter back. Then the NP gave her too high a dose, too soon and she struggled with suicidal thinking and feeling terrible for 4-6 weeks. That was terrible, but once we got her on the 441 mg dose she did really well. She is able to think more clearly on Aristada and sleep better which helps her voices to be not noticeable (better than when on the Maintena) she is constantly a bit nauseous which may or may not be a side effect. Aristada has a copay assistance program that helps cost to be reasonable.”

Daisy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 18, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Successful on Abilify maintena 300 mg for 5 years except flat affect and anxiety and inhibition. Switched to Aristada hoping to help negative symptoms. First month thought it was miracle drug...was able to smile, feel more emotion, go to gym daily (on abilify I felt fear going alone). Started feeling agitated slowly, then psychosis started on/off then full inpatient hospitalization for 2 weeks. Returning to Abilify. Why won’t NIMH reinvest in improved research? Find what was helping in Aristada and remove what wasn’t! I felt so close to feeling normal but psychosis can take my life away!!!”

Liz · April 30, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “I was coerced into taking an injection of Aristada at a psych ward. They don't tend to tell you it takes around nine months to get this drug out of your system after one single injection. The half-life (the amount of time it takes for half of the original dose of the drug to decrease by half) is around 57 days for Aristada. For Abilify Maintena, which is a different injectable of aripiprazole, the half-lives for the 300 mg and 400 mg dosages are about 30 and 46 days respectively. So, if you happen to experience terrible side effects on the injection, such as extreme akathisia, muscle damage indicators on a blood test, extreme hunger 24/7, rapid weight gain, and depression, don't expect the effects of this injections to just magically disappear after a no-show to a scheduled injection. They will continue to drag out and be overwhelming, only decreasing in intensity slowly, slowly. Nightmare.”

Kellzbellz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 20, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “In my experience with this it is more of a harm that I help. The side effects alone were worse than the initial schizophrenia / depression an inability to mentally function in a healthy way. I strongly advise anybody who has been taking or is about to take any injectable Aristada consider other options. Your physical health is compromised in a way that I have never felt off of any other kind of antidepressant mood stabilizer or schizophrenia medication. They never should have approved. The first month I thought it was a godsend now here I am seven months later and my involuntary muscle movements in my legs, continuous leg shaking and jumping. It also made the Suicidal Thoughts worse.”

Carley · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 2, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “My eyelids have started to twitch periodically. I haven't figured that one out yet. I have more physical health symptoms than mental health symptoms on this aristada indecio injection. I take 2.4 mL every 8 weeks. I still feel like this is too much! Plus the cost is over 2000$ a month. I want Abilify back. This drug has way to many side effects that lead to the affect on a short life expectancy. Sincerely, a concerned patient.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 6, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “I'm stressing out about this, and my next dose is due next week. I still don't think I have schizophrenia. This medication keeps making me gain weight. Every two months I get the 1064 mgs and gain 30 pounds right afterwards, Its also lowered my white blood cell count and all the vitamins. I don't know if the risks are worth the benefits, and I dont' know what the benefit is because I still don't think I have schizophrenia. I would rather smoke weed and take herbal supplements. Like is the health decline worth the mental exhaustion and Abilify makes you feel high. I'm thinking of switching to Wellbutrin.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 11, 2022

For Schizophrenia: “It lasted way too long, longer than two months for the 1064 mg. Side effects: Dizziness and constipation. Depression.”

Jane · September 11, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “I have used Aristada 441mg now for two years it has helped with voices and hallucinations I don’t hear them or see anymore I did experience weight gain and hand tremors I get injected once a month”

ericmiles · Taken for less than 1 month · November 11, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I have schizoaffective disorder, and THC makes me hallucinate, I heard CBD doesn't do that. So I really want to try this. Do I have to have a card or something?”

Shaytan · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 22, 2019

“I hate this injection!!! I was on Seroquel 300 mg and would like to go back. I'm restless and just lost for words. Aristada is the worst for my bipolar.”