User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia
6.5

Summary of Latuda reviews 6.6 535 reviews

Reviews for Latuda

For Schizophrenia "My son was on Latuda for 2 years and he was very angry & violent on it. Horrible side effects so my warning is to Proceed with Great Caution or don't take at all."

Jack (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "The quiz "are you bipolar?" isn't useful at all It's simply addresses the manic side. Bipolar includes both manic and depressive and some of us live in the depressive side. Until the manufacture acknowledges BOTH sides of bipolar I would stay away from this medication"

Spit (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I've only been on this medication for a week but the side effects have worsened my condition (unknown form of schizophrenia/psychosis ) so much. My delusions are worse, they feel more real, voices are worse, I have a constant headache and I am unable to function."

hailz (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Was prescribed Latuda and told that 20 mg would be wasting both my and the doctors time. Started at 20 mg the first week and upped to 40 mg. Felt good, but thought I could feel better, so I asked to up the dosage to 80 mg. Huge mistake! The restlessness, pacing, severe insomnia, heart palpations, etc. I had slept 10 hours in a two week period and felt like I was crawling out of my skin while thinking really dark thought. I immediately started tapering my dose and saw the doctor on day three of withdrawal. She prescribed benztropine once a day and hydroxyzine three times day as needed. I'm still feeling not right and tapering again to 20 mgs. I cannot wait to get this out of my system."

Thumper (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "WOW. Latuda was an amazing drug for me. It made me feel completely normal. It was one of the most relieving feeling ever, it lifted me right out of my dark depression that I was in for months. The crying spells, self harm, anger, and my suicidal ideation is gone, now I actually want to live! It's a strange but welcome feeling. It is one of the very few antipsychotics that I don't feel chemically lobotimized on. Only problem is about 3 months in I started developing akathisia and it was interfering with my sleep, so I had to be taken off of it. We are trying another med with less risk but I like Latuda so much I think I might go back on it along with Cogentin to help the akathisia."

Robert (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda 40mg for 10 months and I felt it was effective for my mood swings, However, I began having intense anxiety. I’m talking paranoid, terrifying, nonstop anxiety. I had akathesia, and outrageous muscle twitches. I couldn’t eat, I lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks. I didn’t need to lose, btw. I finally tapered off, which was extremely difficult. It has been 6 months since I’ve stopped taking it and I am still having some side effects! Please do your research before taking this medication! It’s absolutely not worth losing your mind. The long term side effects are still unknown. I’m still trying to heal. I couldn’t even leave my house! So, just a heads up...if you’re going through this, you’re not alone! It does get a little better once you get away from it."

Daisy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on Latuda for about 2 months for my bipolar the first month was going great. Then as soon as my Doctor upped my dose I felt like I was loosing my mind. It wasn't even that high - 40 mg. I ended up at the ER so many nights with panic attacks, got hospitalized for 2 days for suicidal thoughts and severe anxiety. Literally 2 days after getting of the meds I stated to feel better. I would never wish my experience on anyone."

Rose23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm 40, and I have been going thru this all my life, I'm having GAD, Depression and Panic Attacks, I tried all out there, my first med was Lorazepam, and then all kind of SSRI, SNRI, I was stable for many years with SSIRs and then all started to grow in diff way, I became Bipolar Depression with Panic Attacks, started all sort of mood stabilizers in combination with SSRI, but it didn't work well, now on antipsychotic meds for depression and Pexeva 10 for OCD, Latuda 40 (less then 3 weeks now), also I'm taking mood stabilizer Trileptal 600 combination with Chlorpromazine 10, this mix helps me, and I'm more motivated and happy this days, I never put comments but I think to share it, and might help people, I love read comments myself thou, thank you and may all of you feel better soon!!!."

Nikita February 27, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on this medication after I had a psychotic manic episode on lithium. I take 80mg per day. Since I have been on this medication my mania is gone and I can live a normal life. I really like Latuda and highly recommend it to anyone else. It has made my life much better and I finally live mania free. Of course there are side effects but dealing with the illness was much worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "This may not be the best option for people with a psychotic diagnosis. I have bipolar 1, mixed, with psychotic features. (Along with OCD, ADHD, and PTSD). This medication made my psychotic symptoms so much worse. The hallucinations and delusions I experienced were out of control within days of taking this med."

Derp (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I started on Latuda 4-5 months ago for Bipolar Depression. I feel so much happier now. I used to get up, go to work, and then go to bed. I would stay in bed on my days off. After Latuda, I was able to get up and clean my house; I started going out with my friends again. It has been the only light at the end of the tunnel since 2012. The downsides include horrible, daily, all-day nausea. It is not controlled by Zofran. In the beginning, I would throw up unexpectedly--that has stopped. I do clench my jaw terribly and have very slight weird tongue movements. The tongue movements are pretty much controlled by taking benadryl at night with the Latuda. Initially, I took Latuda in the morning but it made me very, very tired to the point I was missing work. All in all, for me, the good outweighs the bad with this drug."

Jill (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda was one of the first drugs I was prescribed once I was diagnosed with Bipolar II. I took it along with Lamictal. I HATED the Latuda. I gave it six weeks before I had enough and I got my doctor to prescribe me something else. The Latuda gave me horrible akathisia. If you know what restless leg syndrome is like, just imagine it for your entire body AND your brain, all-day every day. I was miserable. I couldn't be out socially because it made me feel trapped and out of control to the point where I felt paralyzed by it all. I couldn't be at home by myself because it was all I could focus on. I began to just cry out of frustration."

Ia (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

"Mine was a horrible experience. I have schizoaffective disorder. I wanted to try this because of reported less side effects. Man was I wrong. 2 to 3 hours after taking it I was out of it - couldn't even drive home had to call my dad. I couldn't stop pacing when I got home. I was hearing my dad say crazy things that weren't even what he was saying. I was hallucinating and seeing things on my phone about death. I thought I was in another country. I had rapid heart rate. I would be very leery if your doctor prescribes this medicine. it may help some but this is the worst experience from a antipsychotic I've ever had. I only took one pill and was glad to never go back on this terrible drug."

user25 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda has been a game-changer for me. Yeah, I'm still a bit nuts but it's manageable. I can live life and find some joy in it. I'm getting so much accomplished, I'm taking care of myself. I'm making big moves in my life and finally doing the things I always wanted to do. This isn't just mania, this has been a long-term change. It makes me super hungry and I crave food all the time, but not as much as some of the other antipsychotics. I'm actually getting bariatric surgery just so I can hopefully finally beat antipsychotic weight gain. However, the 40mg dose I take initially made me incredibly sick when I took it. I had to split the dose in half and take it twice a day, but the sick feeling is completely gone."

PuggleSnuggle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was recently put on Latuda whilst an inpatient at a clinic to compliment my Lamotrigine/Seroquel mix, as apparently it has good evidence they work well together. I lasted just 1 week. I know Latuda can work wonders for some people. So don't let me turn you off trying it. Although for me it was terrible. No physical side-effects, only terrible emotional effects. I had extreme anxiety, restlessness, irritability and intense anger... also increased suicide ideology. I was completely out of character whilst on it and even felt "loopy"; It took a week to realise it was the Latuda causing it. As soon as I went off it, within 2 days of stopping, the emotional side-effects had subsided and I am back to normality with my Lamotrigine/Seroquel combo."

ComedyTragedy January 30, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I thought Latuda was ok until my legs started moving uncontrollably. The facial movements started a couple of months later. I've been off of it for a few weeks now and all of the movements have gotten worse. I rock when I'm sitting or standing because I can't stop moving. It's embarrassing, interferes with my sleep and I don't know if it'll ever go away."

Cassafrass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I was really excited about this med when I started on 40mg in the psych ward. I didn't feel any side affects and felt more hopeful. I've been on it for a month now on 60mg and the voices and delusions have gone way down, not entirely gone yet. The only problem I have is the anxiety, its a very intense nauseous anxiety that is worst about an hour or 2 after I take the latuda med with dinner. I thought I could deal with it but its gotten a bit worse? I feel it throughout the day now. I asked a doc yesterday for something to help with it and I got buspirone. It doesn't seem to help much. I'm really sad that I might have to find a new med as others I've tried have had worse side effects. I've tried zyprexa, risperidone and abilify. I want latuda to work so badly but am losing hope."

gargoyle (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve been on this meds since 2014 for my bipolar I disorder! I love it, it has worked wonders for me, and hasn’t given me any negative symptoms. I did gain weight when I first started taking it, but now my weight has stabilized out, and I’m back to where I should be! I actually didn’t know weight gain was a side effect until today. I love it, and take it at every night. It does make me hungry at night, but I ignore that urge. So beware of that. But for me, I would suggest taking it at night cause it makes me very tired. It keeps me stable and makes me not float off into the clouds. I know everyone responds differently to meds, but I would definitely give this one a shot! I’m on 80 mg, and am going to up my dose cause I do have spurts of hypomania every now and then. But that’s cause I’ve been on 80 mg for the past three years. In need of a med adjustment."

Emmylou January 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I always had problems tolerating latuda. When I started on 20mg it used to put me right to sleep, then when I was increased to 40mg I had the worst nausea, they had to split my dose so I could tolerate it. It seemed to work so I toughed it out. I got all the way up to 80mg and even tried 100mg but it made me vomit every time I took it. I’m currently tapering off of it because the nausea is unbearable now. The other thing I hate about it is the caloric requirement. It makes me so nauseous I don’t have an appetite and then have to force myself to eat 350 cals. Wasn’t worth it, glad to be getting off of it."

sweetxa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

For Schizophrenia "It works. I saw my thought patterns change, I was less angry, less paranoid. I always find a persons worst possible intentions and run with that as to why they act, that stopped happening. The crazier thoughts disappeared. I still felt depressed and unhappy and stuff, but started becoming more optimistic, REALISTICALLY, instead of "if you look left someone is going to give you a million dollars" or was "go get a damn job", stupid example but thoughts were more grounded in reality. HOWEVER, I started getting really bad anxiety. So bad I had to stop. Hopefully I can find a way with my doctor to manage the anxiety because everyone around me noticed I was a LOT easier to deal with. 40mg a day. If you have psychotic thoughts, try it. You may not notice a difference at first but you'll notice you become a lot more approachable and scare or emotionally hurt people a little less than you use to."

ErrorS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been diagnosed w/Major Depression w/ Mixed Features. anniversary reaction to 4 Major events /guess I finally had a breakdown ...I’ve always kept it “ together" as I am med phobic. I went into massive depression/ anxiety. My pdoc. been very patient w/me & really tried educate me on Latuda. It took 3 months for me to finally take medi with much conversation & her explanating benefits of “ sleep”. I’m 10mgs of Lexapro/ 20mgs Latuda w Food @ night @ I take 1mg of Xanax as needed.. since taking Latuda I don’t need use any Benzo. I’m calm through the day. I don’t feel depressed like I was, it was bad. I feel like I’m getting my life back in order again. It’s only been about 2,3 weeks. My Doc was very good about taking time to explain it’s not just for one condition & there are off label uses. If your doc suggests this MED, give it a shot,i t’s worth it, especially for MDD & Anxiety. Good luck out there "

Ocean34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking "Latuda" for 7 months now and its been really smooth. I take it for my Bi-polar, Severe Anxiety and Manic Depression. I usually have insomnia too, but I noticed I'm able to sleep better with this. And on a good note I haven't experienced any side effects from it. I'm able to socialize with others more and get things done in my daily life...which is really good."

FinaleMoFantasy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started the medication about 3 weeks ago and I just got increased to 40 mg and at first I was at 20mg. I constantly feel like I want to cry and I'm always so angry at every one for no reason. It's the worst feeling and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT. But everyone had their own opinions and it definitely works different on everyone"

Bip (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda has worked great for me. It is the only thing I've tried that has worked for my depression consistently. I do experience the RLS every now and again but I just make sure I take it when I'm really sleepy and sleep through it. I'm on 40 mg and I like that I'm on such a low dose with the results I'm getting. It helps to stabilize my moods and I don't go from one extreme to the other all the time. It might happen maybe 2x a month if that. I didn't experience any nausea and it doesn't make me drowsy but this is coming from a person that Ambien as no effect on. I've noticed its helped with my GAD as well. Between the Lyrica and the Latuda, my anxiety is very well in check. I do have mild bipolar and borderline and I'm sure that has something to do with how well this medication helps me, but it works. At least for me. I know everyones chemistry is different. Thankfully I have great insurance and it pays for all of it because it can be very pricey."

JtsQueen December 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "HORRIBLE!!! this drug made my body shake and my muscles tighten up to the point where my back is all knots. It has caused my breasts to swell up very badly. I stopped taking it about a month ago and I still cannot stop shaking. In the beginning I thought it was just my body adjusting to the drug but then the symptoms never went away. So I decided to get off it and the shaking continues. I did some research and this drug has caused permanent damage to people and there are some serious lawsuits against it in the works. I'm so shocked. I should've done my research before taking latuda - I feel so stupid. This is a dangerous drug and there is no telling if you’ll be one of the lucky ones or if you’ll get hit bad by it like most of us."

relllieee (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018