User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia
6.6

Summary of Latuda reviews 6.7 496 reviews

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "HORRIBLE DRUG! Beware of the side effects. I have had severe tremors, restlessness, abnormal sweating... I feel like i've been living in another world. This has caused so much more anxiety than I had before as I don't even feel human. I can't sleep. My doctor instructed me to stop taking this med immediately! That my side effects are severe. FYI, was taking for Bipolar. This all happened in 8 days. I can't stand or sit still. Muscle weakness. Please be careful and take caution when beginning this med. Hope others have better luck than I did with this."

JEN (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor tried switching me from Zyprexa to Latuda due to concern about weight gain, diabetes and cholesterol. My psychiatrist thought that the side effects from Latuda would not be as bad. For the first three days, it was wonderful, I felt fine. After the second week of taking 20 mg, I had started throwing up violently and had diarrhea at the same time. The vomit was green bile in color. After that, my doctor took me off it,I still continued vomiting for another week. I had to go on a soft diet and still had stomach pain. I underwent an endoscopy, and several small ulcers and erosion was found in my stomach. My gastroenterologist believed that this may have been caused by the Latuda, as I did not have this problem before. To top it off, it's very expensive, even with insurance. I would not recommend."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "In 2016, 120mg worked great. Due to the expense I had to switch. Recently, in 2018, my new insurance covers the drug. I was warned Latuda had changed and may not work the same. I started on 20mg for 2mo. My energy was back and I felt better. It didn't help my impulse/rage, so the third month I was bumped to 40mg. 3 days later, a hour after taking my 40mg, I had the biggest panic attack in my life! I wasn't able to take care of myself let alone my daughter. My S/O had to leave work early to come home. I called the Dr but had to leave a message. I debated going to the ER but I read online to try Benadryl. After 4hrs of panic and not being able to function, the Benadryl calmed me down. When the Dr called back, she told me to go back to 20mgs. Although I wanted to be done with it, I stuck it out for another month waiting for today's appt. The Dr decided to wean me off to start vraylar next week. So bummed it didn't work out this time around. Definitely worth a chance though!"

Bummer (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda has been amazing at controlling my visual hallucinations. My mood is more stable and I feel better. The only dislike I have with this medication is that it completely kills your sex drive. For myself, the pros outweigh the con. I’ve definitely improved on this medication."

Dolly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I got on Latuda while I was pregnant with my daughter because what I was taking wasn't safe for a baby. I have to say, at first I thought it was great. It seemed to level me out and I did well for a while. Then things started to change drastically for me. I was noticing my anxiety was through the roof and I was constantly obsessing about things happening that were far from reality. This went on for a couple of years, until I reevaluated that my life turned upside down months after I started taking this drug. I had never been so far from reality and not present. This drug literally took life from me and made me lose myself. I am currently tapering off the drug and began something else and already feel these horrible effects tapering off. The paranoia that I felt was almost unbearable at times and it was the worst experience I have ever dealt with. I can't say that I don't recommend this to others, because we all react differently. But this medication definitely wasn't for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Hi. I'm 35 and took Latuda for two years. I was only diagnosed two years ago (I refused help for years), so it's the only one I've been on. I had amazing results! My whole life changed after living bipolar for so many years and being untreated. I had no idea it could make such a difference! I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and chose to get off of it at the beginning because it's a newer medicine. They've monitored me and I've done ok. Coming off of it wasn't too bad. They had me wean myself slowly. I did experience mild restless legs when I first got on it, but it passed. I took it at night because it made me sleep. I think everyone reacts to meds differently, but this one is it for me. My family even said it had been years since they had seen me happy and stable like that. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't have any adverse reactions, but I am a believer in this one and plan to get back on it after the baby is born. I hope all of you find what works!"

got my life back (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Latuda worked really good at controlling my schizophrenia for the 2 years I was on it, but I occasionally did hear some voices on it still at 80mg. Unfortunately it had some side effects on me that I didn't like - gained weight, lost libido, and slept 12-13 hours a day on it. So eventually the side effects just got to me and I changed to a different anti-psychotic. Now I'm on Rexulti and my voices have gone away completely and have no side effects. So I would say Latuda was an OK medication for me, could have been better, could have been worse."

Coryman616 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I know it is supposed to be a weight neutral drug, but that was not the case for me. I couldn't stop eating, even in the middle of the night, and rapidly put on 10 pounds in a month. I also had problems with restless legs and insomnia. It just wasn't the drug for me. I've stopped and switched to another med, and my appetite has already decreased after just a week."

User (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Great medication, should be noted that all of those who are suffering side effects such as nausea or akathisia are suffering needlessly as there are multiple medications which resolve those effects quickly and are not very taxing on the body. Zofran 30 minutes before taking medication for nausea cheap and effective just ask your doc for a script, plenty of people who take latuda use zofran in conjunction and do just fine. For akathisia either cogentin or propranolol will resolve it quickly and effectively with little side effects. I have used Latuda for over 3 years now and there is no better, highly recommend this med as nothing else has worked even close to as well and most importantly for those complaining about weight gain they must watch what they eat or workout as I have LOST tons of weight since the switch from Geodon to Latuda years ago and have kept it off."

John Parsons August 18, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Best antipsychotic I've been on in regards to psychotic symptoms being treated and cognition returning to normal. The main catch was akathisia. An intense internal feeling of distress and inner tension mixed with objective motor restlessness. I bounced my legs constantly and felt tense. I was fine during the daytime but after I took it it was awful every night. My eyes would roll backwards from the emotional agony. I would feel frustrated and tense mostly every night. I had to take benadryl to cope with it. I would not recommend this if you're prone to akathisia. Good drug overall besides that."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug showed up on a genetic test as okay to take. I was only on a tiny dose (20mg) but it made me feel awesome—I slept really well, I was able to wake up feeling energized and refreshed in the morning, and I felt the need to make sure that my living space wasn’t messy and cluttered. Sadly, I started developing akathesia after about three months and I had to stop it. I tried to power through but it was unbearable to sit still, and once I stopped the symptoms went away after a couple of days."

Scandaboo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It did help to stabilize me. However, I gained 20 pounds within 3 weeks. The weight gain wasn’t worth it to me."

Raingurl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I took latuda for 2 weeks and had loss of appetite, anxiety, crying spells restless, had most quickly non stop racing thoughts like I was going mad losing my mind. I now am too afraid to try another medication but I know I need For a better quality of life."

Friend (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking latuda for one month and it me little motivation, I don't have any side effect and I can do work normally 90% of the time and 10% of the time I am feeling lazy"

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I was on seroquel for a long time, couldn't take the sleeping and weight gain. I switched to latuda. Nauseated after taking so now I take it late with a late dinner 350 calorie meal, no more nausea. I'm rather fatigued from it so I tend to drink coffee during day to keep me going. I'm loosing weight finally on it. Good antipsychotic, I use it for anxiety and depression along with Cymbalta and inderal in am. Lost 20 lbs. Zyprexa and seroquel were awful."

Salle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Have been taking Latuda for about a month with two increases, now at 60 mg for past 4 days. While it has been effective at pulling me out of most recent depressive episode, and seems to have decreased my chronic anxiety, I am now irritable and having trouble falling asleep at night. Also experienced 2 days of twitching eyelid. But last night I experienced the worst RLS episode of my life, don’t know if it qualifies as akinesia but it was severe and disturbing. Plan to decrease back down to 40 mg."

dopamania (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "The worst psych med I've ever taken. Totally debilitating. It made me want to sleep all the time. I had to leave work to sleep. I could hardly function."

Mikey June 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I am bipolar 1 with IED (intermittent explosive disorder). I spent 47 years of my life on different anti depressants and antipsychotics, all to no avail. Finally after years of suffering, losing my job and having no coverage a state sponsored TN facility put me on Rexulti that gave me severe twitches so they switched me to Latuda. I wish I had found this drug as a teen/early adult as my life would have been more productive and less interference from my mood swings. I now have stable moods, increased energy and the depressive and negative thoughts are all but gone. No issues with side effects beside a few pounds of weight gain but with increased activity its been easier to lose. I would recommend this drug to anyone suffering from bipolar 1 or similar type disorders. I went from 20mg to 40mg after a few months and felt a little sleepier but after a week or so it levelled out again. Least side affects of anything I have ever had to take."

Sissy321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda has saved my life after only being on it for 2 weeks. It works by stabilizing moods, docs were putting me on anti depressants, none of which worked, then I met my savior doctor, he is a neuropsychologist- knew immediately after our consult, that latuda would work- it has. I am out of the darkness back into the light of life! Please do not hesitate if your doc wants to try you on it, get free samples, if possible, it begins working fast, no frustrating waiting game to see if it works. I love this drug. I am saved. A big thanks to my Doctor."

BEANZIE (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Was on Seroquel for bipolar I disorder, but was causing too much weight gain & high blood sugar levels so pdoc put me on Latuda 40 mg. Now my blood sugar levels are through the roof! Also pdoc says my kidneys aren't functioning well so have to go for more tests. The fatigue from the Latuda is unbearable & it is very difficult now to get any housework done. It's as if I don't care about anything any more. I gave the Latuda three stars as at least it seems to be controlling hypomania which has been my main trouble with the bipolar disorder. Have tried many different antipsychotics & they all seem to increase blood sugar levels & weight gain - eg, 30 lbs per year! At first, the Latuda was causing uncontrollable tongue movements (tardive dyskinesia) so pdoc said she'd like to try propranolol (high blood pressure drug). I said no to that as I didn't want to just mask the TD!"

Little One (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Currently transitioning to Latuda because Zyprexa's metabolic side effects were too much for me. So far, It's going well. I'm on 60 mg and I sleep, eat, and live pretty normally. My voices aren't completely gone but they're manageable. Decreased anxiety and depression. Aside from helping my schizoaffective disorder, it seems like my PTSD is under control as I have fewer freak outs and nightmares."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I was experiencing auditory hallucinations (voices), EXTREME paranoia and anxiety to the point where I couldn't leave the house, and bipolar depression. I never tried any medications before because I'd had bad experiences witnessing other people who had taken medication for bipolar depression and schizophrenia. I couldn't take it anymore and began taking Latuda 20mgs and it's a miracle drug. No more voices, depression, paranoia, anxiety, or fatigue immediately. I take it with dinner around 6:00pm everyday and it makes me tired but I get up full of energy at 5:00am every morning now (I used to be so tired I couldn't get up and get ready in the morning). Now I have energy and focus all day. My mood is even - calm and positive. I'm extremely focused and active now. I haven't experienced any side effects other than the tiredness in the evening after I take it. I haven't experienced any increased appetite or weight gain. My only concern is I'll be crushed if this stops working someday."

sad unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Schizophrenia "My wife took Latuda for her psychosis. At first, it was great because among the 5-6 anti-psychotics she have tried, none were effective at all on the auditory hallucinations. Only Latuda works (at 40 mg) in reducing the voices. However, the akathisia that came with it was so bad that she was unable to be in public places without people staring at her cause her legs were shaking constantly and vigorously. It badly affected her social life and we had no choice but to give it up."

Whyme (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "At first Latuda seemed to stabilise me, but I soon realised it was enhancing my hypomania and making it difficult to get to sleep. This ultimately led me to stop taking it."

bpd789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

"It's been near two months since my last review. I lowered the score and I'm getting off this drug. It worked for a while. My anxiety died down too. I realized I left out a thing or two out about Latuda. First off, all desire, affection, ability to love, and libido is still stone dead. Second, having to eat with it still gives me a 50% chance of feeling nauseous even if I do. Third, my creativity and ability to care for anything is very low. Ready to try something new. Like I said before, it can work for depression but the trade offs are not worth it imo. I want to feel again."

Shann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes