User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia
6.6

Summary of Latuda reviews 6.6 512 reviews

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "So far so good. I have been on this drug now for about three weeks. No adverse effects. Taking for Bipolar II. I am coming off of Clonazepam and started Latuda. Seems to be helping so far...I am a big believer in the Placebo effect. But I haven't had the nausea like some other people on here and so far not overly sleepy but not getting more anxiety with taking. Less, in fact. I was concerned about taking it originally because I had a bad effect from Lamictal. This one seems to be working well so far though."

LEOWife (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I started getting voices and hallucinations after I received stress at workplace. It impacted my normal reasoning and rational decision making at that time, my head was filled up with visuals and voices of my previous friends who were creating a racket in my head and controlling my body movements. I was hearing theories about how my family is in danger , buy property, police- government is tracking my activities, god and religion, demons, capitalism etc. I resigned from my job, could not find another one, could not get social security, became depressed, had nightmares, used to sleep a lot, had hypertension and high blood pressure, gave my newly married wife a really hard and distressing time. Psychologist gave Latuda,and the hallucinations and voices started diminishing over a period of 2-3 months, the dosage initially high at 160 mg then reduced to 120 mg, now 80 mg it has been 8-10 months . Medicine has a bit of drowsy side affect and impacted my cholesterol"

StressFromWorkplace (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "The first 2 weeks or so on 60mg I had terrible akathesia, I'd be on all fours pounding the ground trying not to scream because it was so bad. It got upped to 80mg and I started taking it as the last thing before going to bed, which helped. I'm almost 2 months in and am tapering off because its caused anxiety, its messed up my gait and I don't walk normally now, it makes me talk slow and slurred, I get random muscle jerks in my legs somewhat frequently, and it makes me feel absolutely apathetic about everything. I feel like my emotions are completely flat, I'm not sad but also not happy, just flat."

Mike (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda for 6 months and at first it seemed to help my bipolar symptoms but then I took a major turn two months later. I ended up back in jail because I went into full manic chaos. Going off on people threatening them, suicidal etc. I actually got worse than what I was when I first started. Never Again"

Nature’s choice (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I was not on it long enough, to say if it worked. I stopped taking it because I had a bad dream."

jhlfsdhljfds (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda calms me down. My psychiatrist upped my dosage from 10 to 20mg when I experienced a hypomanic episode, and then I was able to calm down and function. For me, it reduces anxiety, but I’ve noticed I become very forgetful. I also gained a lot of weight on it. I feel like it’s choosing the lesser of two evils, and I’d much rather mentally function with a few negative side effects. It’s made a world of difference in my ability to do every day tasks."

Emma (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I started on Latuda 40 mg and felt great. I had come off 17 years on zyprexa which had left me 25 kilos heavier and on the brink of diabetes. At 40 mg I had no side effects. Then I was put under a trauma and had a slight psychotic break. My dose was increased to 80 mg. When this happened I started having major vivid nightmares. Also huge anxiety. I got to the end of what I could take and read a review that said the nightmare lasts 1 month. I was at that so I persevered. They stopped. I have lost 19 kilos now and can function reasonably well. I can work part time, and am well during the day. My voices are now minimal. I can drive better. The only problem is the anxiety I get about 2 hours after having the tablet. I am now trying to manage that. I don’t know what side effects I will get over time , but I am now living a good life during the day. It was really really hard at first. The anxiety is there but I am trying to put into place strategy to manage it."

JaneyA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Was put on Latuda for a few months it was the worst thing I ever experienced I wasn't able to drive because I was constantly dizzy have been off of the medication for about 2 years or so and I still have uncontrollable muscle movements to the point people honestly think I am on street drugs. Along with that I have had extremely bad stomach issues and nobody can figure out why or how to control the stomach problems. I have spent time in the hospital being put though so many testings only to be right back to square 1 still no explanation and don't have a clue who to even go to for legal advice nor take legal action. Latuda has not only caused physical permanent issues but also suffering from the remarks made to and about me"

Angi October 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda for 2.5 years (depression/anxiety). After a year, I developed akathisia (feeling of inner restlessness and a compelling need to move). My symptoms: involuntary leg movement and finger twiddling, waves of restlessness. Sometimes the restlessness was so bad I had to scream into a pillow, and I self-injured several times. The screaming helped, the self-injury didn't. Because I was already taking Inderal, my psychiatrist tried adding L-DOPA. It didn't help. Finally I weaned off the Latuda. The restlessness and leg movements went away within 2 months. Three years later I still can't break the finger-twiddling habit. Trying to stop brings triggers restlessness. I also have an internal monologue of thoughts that started when I stopped Latuda. Unchecked, it causes me to gesture and make facial expressions. I cope my meditating daily and listening to a lot of audiobooks. I didn't know what akathisia was when it started happening to me, so I didn't know who to ask for help. I wish I had complained harder and sooner to my psychiatrist."

TwiddleDee October 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "After just a week or two starting this medicine my body shut down and was hospitalized. During the time of admitting into the emergency room I couldn't speak and had no contact information on me. They listed me as John doe and I began recovery. It's now on a list of allergic reactions for me. At the time I was given the diagnose of bipolar disorder and that lithium is the oldest, safest, and fix for bipolar disorder. Lithium works the best so why label latuda for it, when side affects or so high. Just concerned for other young men and women."

Mitmit (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Abilify for about five years along with my other psych meds for Bipolar II and was doing well. I had to go out on stress leave from my job and developed low grade depression. I had maxed out on my two antidepressants and Abilify so my doctor had me try Latuda. For the first week it seemed to lift my mood but in the middle of the second week I began experiencing what I thought were stomach flu symptoms. Those symptoms worsened until I ended up in the E.R. for GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease). Unfortunately I had to stop that and am now trying a different antipsychotic (Rexulti)."

Ace (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "After 2 weeks Latuda magically pulled me out of SEVERE bipolar depression. The depression significantly impaired my cognition but Latuda made my foggy, slow brain go back to normal! I was able to return to nursing school and get A's! Before Latuda I could barely survive in a low skill manual labor job. Only downfall is the anxious sensation that I get a couple hours after I take the medication. Fortunately, I take it at night and I'm able to sleep through those uneasy feelings."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Gained 30 lbs and felt drained all day. Been much better since I got off of it."

SE (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I hate latuda medication. I've been on this drug for about a year now. I started getting nauseous when I first started now I'm getting vomiting and diarrhea everyday getting worse. I've been and had blood tests and ultrasound on my stomach nothing physically wrong with me. I advise anyone considering on taking latuda should think twice of side effects like mine. This experience is so serious I can't believe they invented a medications which mucks up your physical health. Cheers."

Ally (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It's been great. I felt pure relief within days. Within weeks, I stopped feeling depressed, stopped having frequent negative thoughts and I've regained my energy. I am able to go to work and school without feeling exhausted. I was anorexic, I was severely underweight but it's been stabilizing since being on this drug. My appetite that left me because of the depression is now back. I am very satisfied (For those complaining about their increased weight on this drug; exercise more, eat less.) This is the best anti depressant I've been on so far"

AUDAX (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It makes me go off on these rage filled tangents and tantrums - that scare my family and me. But whenever I tell them the latuda makes me feel this way they ignore what I say and so does the pdoc. I am so depressed I have gained 20 lbs+ from taking it. I don't like this med but nobody listens to me."

Kaeh (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "HORRIBLE DRUG! Beware of the side effects. I have had severe tremors, restlessness, abnormal sweating... I feel like i've been living in another world. This has caused so much more anxiety than I had before as I don't even feel human. I can't sleep. My doctor instructed me to stop taking this med immediately! That my side effects are severe. FYI, was taking for Bipolar. This all happened in 8 days. I can't stand or sit still. Muscle weakness. Please be careful and take caution when beginning this med. Hope others have better luck than I did with this."

JEN (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "My doctor tried switching me from Zyprexa to Latuda due to concern about weight gain, diabetes and cholesterol. My psychiatrist thought that the side effects from Latuda would not be as bad. For the first three days, it was wonderful, I felt fine. After the second week of taking 20 mg, I had started throwing up violently and had diarrhea at the same time. The vomit was green bile in color. After that, my doctor took me off it,I still continued vomiting for another week. I had to go on a soft diet and still had stomach pain. I underwent an endoscopy, and several small ulcers and erosion was found in my stomach. My gastroenterologist believed that this may have been caused by the Latuda, as I did not have this problem before. To top it off, it's very expensive, even with insurance. I would not recommend."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "In 2016, 120mg worked great. Due to the expense I had to switch. Recently, in 2018, my new insurance covers the drug. I was warned Latuda had changed and may not work the same. I started on 20mg for 2mo. My energy was back and I felt better. It didn't help my impulse/rage, so the third month I was bumped to 40mg. 3 days later, a hour after taking my 40mg, I had the biggest panic attack in my life! I wasn't able to take care of myself let alone my daughter. My S/O had to leave work early to come home. I called the Dr but had to leave a message. I debated going to the ER but I read online to try Benadryl. After 4hrs of panic and not being able to function, the Benadryl calmed me down. When the Dr called back, she told me to go back to 20mgs. Although I wanted to be done with it, I stuck it out for another month waiting for today's appt. The Dr decided to wean me off to start vraylar next week. So bummed it didn't work out this time around. Definitely worth a chance though!"

Bummer (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda has been amazing at controlling my visual hallucinations. My mood is more stable and I feel better. The only dislike I have with this medication is that it completely kills your sex drive. For myself, the pros outweigh the con. I’ve definitely improved on this medication."

Dolly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I got on Latuda while I was pregnant with my daughter because what I was taking wasn't safe for a baby. I have to say, at first I thought it was great. It seemed to level me out and I did well for a while. Then things started to change drastically for me. I was noticing my anxiety was through the roof and I was constantly obsessing about things happening that were far from reality. This went on for a couple of years, until I reevaluated that my life turned upside down months after I started taking this drug. I had never been so far from reality and not present. This drug literally took life from me and made me lose myself. I am currently tapering off the drug and began something else and already feel these horrible effects tapering off. The paranoia that I felt was almost unbearable at times and it was the worst experience I have ever dealt with. I can't say that I don't recommend this to others, because we all react differently. But this medication definitely wasn't for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Hi. I'm 35 and took Latuda for two years. I was only diagnosed two years ago (I refused help for years), so it's the only one I've been on. I had amazing results! My whole life changed after living bipolar for so many years and being untreated. I had no idea it could make such a difference! I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and chose to get off of it at the beginning because it's a newer medicine. They've monitored me and I've done ok. Coming off of it wasn't too bad. They had me wean myself slowly. I did experience mild restless legs when I first got on it, but it passed. I took it at night because it made me sleep. I think everyone reacts to meds differently, but this one is it for me. My family even said it had been years since they had seen me happy and stable like that. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't have any adverse reactions, but I am a believer in this one and plan to get back on it after the baby is born. I hope all of you find what works!"

got my life back (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Latuda worked really good at controlling my schizophrenia for the 2 years I was on it, but I occasionally did hear some voices on it still at 80mg. Unfortunately it had some side effects on me that I didn't like - gained weight, lost libido, and slept 12-13 hours a day on it. So eventually the side effects just got to me and I changed to a different anti-psychotic. Now I'm on Rexulti and my voices have gone away completely and have no side effects. So I would say Latuda was an OK medication for me, could have been better, could have been worse."

Coryman616 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I know it is supposed to be a weight neutral drug, but that was not the case for me. I couldn't stop eating, even in the middle of the night, and rapidly put on 10 pounds in a month. I also had problems with restless legs and insomnia. It just wasn't the drug for me. I've stopped and switched to another med, and my appetite has already decreased after just a week."

User (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Great medication, should be noted that all of those who are suffering side effects such as nausea or akathisia are suffering needlessly as there are multiple medications which resolve those effects quickly and are not very taxing on the body. Zofran 30 minutes before taking medication for nausea cheap and effective just ask your doc for a script, plenty of people who take latuda use zofran in conjunction and do just fine. For akathisia either cogentin or propranolol will resolve it quickly and effectively with little side effects. I have used Latuda for over 3 years now and there is no better, highly recommend this med as nothing else has worked even close to as well and most importantly for those complaining about weight gain they must watch what they eat or workout as I have LOST tons of weight since the switch from Geodon to Latuda years ago and have kept it off."

John Parsons August 18, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...