User Reviews for Latuda

Bipolar Disorder 6.4
Schizophrenia 6.4

Reviews for Latuda

Better Days! July 29, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Latuda is a mental Life saver for me and my Schizophrenia! It got rid of auditory hallucinations in 4 days no joke. Nausea and vomiting side effects.”

Weight gain will happen! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Latuda does it's job as described. I never felt icky when I started it, like some meds do to you. I really stayed on an even keel while taking it, but when I started gaining weight, I was a little concerned. But 2 months and 40lbs later, I was surprised and disappointed. No, my eating habits didn't change, my exercise routine was still the same and I Still kept gaining weight. In the end, I gained 60+lbs. I told my doc I couldn't keep taking Latuda, I couldn't afford to buy a bunch of new clothes! It took about 6 months, but all the weight I had gained, gone. Again, no change in eating or exercise routines. All I can say is beware.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

“20mg Latuda for 1 weeks, 40mg for 1 week for major depression. Came from Geodon and went right back to Geodon. Latuda gave me active/vivid borderline nightmare every single night. It made me more depressed than I have been in years. Traumatic memories that I haven't thought about in years came back out of nowhere without trigger! These episodes would happen 5-8 times randomly throughout the day constantly. I was cry and beggingto be able to get off it. Two weeks was too long on this drug. Be careful you all!”

Glennon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I am soooo happy that I gave in and tried this drug. I feel so much better, I even cleaned the house!!! I was so sick with racing thoughts snd cognitive issues, I am 51, and trying to hold a job. Latuda has kept me out of hospital. Best to take at night as there is a drowsy phase after dosing before the "straight ahead" as I call it phase, which is actually functioning well at job, chores, life...”

Jon Doe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 7, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “Latuda 80 mg made me so manic that I could not lay still in bed. I did not understand what was happening. I told the Dr and he tried to add more drugs. I rejected most of them as I felt worse or unable to function on them. I was not sleeping well and felt empty, emotionless, like a zombie After 7 months of this awfulness on 80 mg Latuda, I became manic and psychotic, developed extreme paranoia, was not sleeping and tried to end my life. Dr. switched me to Quatiapine and things got better. .”

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I might have bipolar, but I have definitely got bad depression that goes very low and very dark. I have been on everything and I get a little relief with a small does of Wellbutrin 100 mg, but anymore and I cry. I started taking Latuda and for the first three days it was great! I felt nauseous for two days, but day three was awesome! Then I realized I was not sleeping, so my doctor added trazodone. Even with the trazodone I could not sleep during the night, plus, the trazodone made me a zombie during the day! I quit the trazodone and changed the times of the Latuda to day and still couldn’t sleep! Last night I didn’t take anything and I finally slept Today I’ve felt nauseous all day! My doctor sent me message; “You hav a history of depression, let’s just stay on it and see.” Not sure what to do? I’m also hypothyroid, have got fibromyalgia and PTSD from the army. I just don’t know what to do?”

:/ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 2, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I was on Latuda for nearly a year, I was on 60mg dose. Starting this medication was a battle. I would have severe nausea but I would ignore it and take other meds for it. Recently though the side effects are only increasing and I no longer feel the same as I did a year ago.”

shura June 1, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder pretty young, and have been having voices and intense paranoia since I was 13. I didn't get proper treatment for it until I was 18 (teenage stupidity, and all that), and now I am on 120 mg of latuda, 500 mg of lamictal, and 900 mg of gabapentin and I finally feel some relief. I don't have voices anymore. I don't feel scared to go to bed because I think someone is going to kill me. I finally think that I'm a real person. This medication is a literal lifesaver. I have taken many antipsychotics, seroquel, zyprexa, risperadal, and abilify, as well as half a dozen antidepressants since I was a little kid, nothing has worked. I do not care though, as I finally can think clearly for the first time in my life. I have had some problems with anxiety during taking this med, but I was diagnosed with panic disorder + generalized anxiety disorder long ago. I have not experienced any negative side effects and I have gained no weight. In fact, I have lost 60 lbs”

Mcpherson01 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

“Latuda is the only drug out of allllllll of them to allow me to consistently sleep at the same time each night with no tolerance over time. I don't have schizophrenia or bipolar, I took it for insomnia and sleep maintenance”

Javontte040788 · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “It worked for some days the first time I tried it for my Schizoaffective disorder . Then I had severe anxiety when I upped the dose so I stopped. Tried the lower dose again 20 mg and caused panic attacks, hard breathing, severe anxiety. Not worth it for me I couldn't even think at all just anxiety and fear.”

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This was supposed to help me, but the only thing it did was make me worse. I don’t know why I even bothered! Big thumbs down ”

Nat · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 3, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I started taking Latuda a year ago for my bipolar type 1. I was so depressed, I was unable to do absolutely do anything that I stopped working and had horrible social anxiety. I started with 20mg and went as high as 60 mg. I am now stable with Latuda 40mg and 10mg of Prozac. I feel myself again. I know have the energy to do anything, my anxiety is gone, I can sleep, and I genuinely feel happy. The side effects I felt at first was restlessness and feeling extremely tired and subtle headaches. Now, I usually get tired within 2 hours. I sometimes get panic attacks every 3 months or so. I have lost weight on the medication and finally have energy to workout. I've lost 30 pounds since taking the medicine. Overall, this has worked for me.”

Rachel April 3, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia about 20 years ago. Being a 19 year old girl and being forced to take medicines like, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Clopixol and sometimes two at once. The side effects were horrendous. Took away my sex drive completely, at the worst I put on over 40kg in 3 months, I lactated for many years, my periods stopped. My whole world stopped how could I ever had a boyfriend or get married while piling on so much weight, eating and sleeping with no sex drive and leaking boobs Antipsych meds especially back then were horrendous in terms of side effects. I started Latuda roughly 7 years ago, so at the age of about 31 and finally I have my sex drive back although I don't believe it will ever be the same, at least I am back in working order there, my boobs no longer leak, I've lost some weight, and I can feel again. Downfall I can lose my patience quickly and over react. I balance that with a low dose antidepressant as an add on”

Ms. Ransom MD · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 1, 2020

“On Latuda fro Psychosis & Tourette’s and it has allowed me to lose the 40 lbs that the 5 other types of antipsychotic medication made me gain. It doesn’t effect my prolactin level like all the other medications did either. This drug is amazing.”

STP0804 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 15, 2020

“I can't tell you how much this drug Latuda screwed up my life. I started taking it January 2019 for a mood disorder and by February I started getting severe severe akathisia that lasted for months. I could literally not sit still. I would get up at night and pace the floor crying. My mom just thought it was anxiety but I kept telling her that it was really severe. As night approached I would get severe anxiety and I still do now even off the medication. During August I also developed Tardive Dyskinsia. Before I would go to sleep, I would make these weird faces uncontrollably. Sometimes I would pull all-nighters and not take my meds because I didn’t want to take the medication. If I did I would just wake up at night, take a cold shower and drink 8 cups of coffee so I would be awake. I recently got off of it and I feel a lot better, although my nightly anxiety kicks in here and there. I just wish I never would have never taken this drug because it screwed up my mind. I do not recommend this to anyone”

Regrets · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “Friend was clinical depression, bipolar was out on this drug approximately 2 months ago. Seriously affected sleep. Committed suicide a week ago. Common doctors. Monitor your patients.”

KC Mike89 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I really don't know what to say. I've been on Latuda 40mg for two months and I don't see much of a difference between 40mg and 20mg. I tried a higher dose but I experience restlessness and anxiety. Now, I am so irritable and my panic attacks have return. I'm not sure what my doctor has in mind, but we are trying to control the panic attacks right now, and find a way to help me sleep throughout the night.”

Egg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “First major depression in 1980. Tried first psych med in 1991. Diagnosed bipolar. Taken over 30 meds for treatment resistant depression. Put on 40mg latuda in psych ward this last September. This med lifted a veil that had been obscuring who I was for decades. Overly emotional sometimes. Aware of new feelings and emotions. Desire intimacy from wife often. Have addressed a couple of serious character flaws I was oblivious to. Active and not in bed all day. Working on dose with psychiatrist still. Using lamictal for moods and gabapentin for anxiety. Latuda addressed the treatment resistant depression. I feel that once I clean up the wreckage of my past I can move on and begin a whole new life. I only have about 35 years left so I will make it count. Hard to believe that one little pill could do all of that.”

Author; Cynthia Blanchard February 19, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “Well it's been almost a week and starting to feel something”

Mackie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 14, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “This drug Latuda is awful. First its expensive. Then it doesn't even work. I have been on this drug trying to tolerate its side effects for 3 years. Maybe it worked a little at first but now it is just a myriad of side effects and SIX other drugs to try and do what the latuda is supposed to do.”

kate February 14, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I’ve had much trouble with medication in past and was finally diagnosed with treatment resistant bipolar. Latuda has seem to be the only medication to help me. Within days it improved my mood, I went from lying in bed for hours unable to move because I was so depressed to getting up early every morning and walking a few miles. I felt so lifted, and it was the greatest feeling. Unfortunately though after a few months it would just stop working, but when my dosage was upped I’d go back to feeling good again. It could be due to my treatment resistant, but that and weight gain are the only issues I’ve had with Latuda. Unfortunately I have gained a lot of weight on this medication, but I don’t struggle with depressive episodes, mood instability, or suicidal thoughts anymore.”

Kt · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “The first thing I want to say is that latuda totally works and it changed my life so much for the better. The second thing I will say is that it made me gain weight. I started putting the weight on as soon as I started taking it and altogether have put on about 50 lb.”

Toad · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I've been on Llatuda for about 5 days for bipolar (20mg). All I can say is that I have a myriad of issues, thyroid, fybromyalgia, bipolar, just to name a few. This medication works so well for me! I had tried so many of the other meds throughout my lifetime. This is one medication that I could quickly tell, was helping me a lot. I had severe apathy and could have cared less if I'd wake up in the morning. Now, I actually feel like getting some things done (usually I do not have enough time) I felt HOPELESS before this drug. It feels nice to get up again and start my day.”

Vanessa · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “My husband was diagnosed with bi-polar depression. Many other underlying issues over the years but was put on Latuda 3-4 weeks. Then he started hearing voices & committed suicide. He was so agitated on it. ”

Stine · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I have been on Latuda about 4 months now for major depression and it has changed my life! I struggled severely with suicidal thoughts and actions as well as self harm. Since getting on Latuda, my suicidal thoughts are completely gone. I think more rationally again, I don’t feel a need to harm or dislike myself, I finally feel like I have control of my illness. The only downside is the price, but thankfully I was able to get my insurance to help cover it. Also Latuda is known for lots of possible side effects. For me, I get severely nauseous if I take it after not eating enough. But it is definitely worth the benefits. Latuda is truly a miracle drug!!”