User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia 52 reviews 42 medications

6.8
Summary of Latuda reviews 382 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "Very good medication. I tolerated it well. Makes me very relaxed, and calm mood. But tired and little motivation."

Mellowme11 April 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "The first week and a half was unbearable. Severe anxiety, depression, and crazy vivid nightmares... then it was like a light was switched on and everything felt great. I was just upped to 40mg a week ago today and now I am back to severe anxiety, depression, and vivid nightmares... I really hope this pulls through for me once again or I am going back down to 20mg. My relationship was blossoming now I feel we are struggling once more, I refuse to lose my happiness due to this mental disorder!"

Angiebobangie April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Took for one month in the midst of a deep depression (2 weeks at 20mg, then 2 weeks at 40mg). It flipped me into a mixed mania - even worse - so I discontinued it, but not before it jacked my weight up 15 lbs."

Gone Bananas (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Horrible drug! My doctor tried it as augmentation therapy for my depression, to take with my Trintellix. The starting baby dose of 20mg flew me over the edge in two weeks. I became angry, agitated, and very aggressive. A neighbor make me so angry coming out of our condo parking garage the wrong way that I later slit tires on his car. Not at all like me! Thank God he accepted payment for new tires and didn't press charges. Perhaps the nastiest med I have ever taken. And VERY expensive without good insurance."

Ratluvr (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on the medicine exactly 1 month for my Depression with severe anxiety . The first 3 weeks I was on 20mg, and the first week and a half was the absolute worst. Everything felt wrong, my relationship, my job, my whole life... but I have been feeling this way for quite some time... I also got very vivid dreams and nightmares. However after a week and a half (my boyfriend says this as well) it is like a light switched on inside my head and everything got better. Not fantastic but a whole lot better. Yeah there were issues in my life and my relationship has been rocky but I had optimism and felt love that I had not felt in a long time <3 5 days ago, I was increased to 40mg and here comes the absolute worst again... but this time I KNOW it will get better. Don't give up!"

Angiebobangie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on Latuda for a week and it made me way worse. Now that I'm off of it the depression is much worse."

Disappointed 2 April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Latuda {120mg.} made me VERY RESTLESS couldn't sit still for more than 5 seconds, didn't interact good with my other medications."

jacieintc April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "It has been working since going from 20mg to 40mg I am able to deal with stress better decreased rage. But I have noticed decreased appetite and decreased sex drive. Will be looking at adding other meds to bring up my mood. I still get depression symptoms throughout the week not all days. I am reluctant to increase my dosage to 60mg will try it out for a few more weeks have been on it for almost 3 months"

MommaK82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "My husband was recently diagnosed with being bipolar and psychologist up his latuda from 20 mg to 60mg and I feel like that is a huge jump."

Mead75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I started latuda last May for my schizophrenia. I developed schizophrenia when I was 16 (4 years ago) but after being on like 6 billion types of medications, this one seemed to work best..the side effects were the worst! I remember one experience clearly. I was on vacation at the beach last summer and I took a latuda pill before going out to eat with my family. It kicked in after 30 min time. All of a sudden, I began feeling extremely sleepy, dizzy, and I had EXTREME akathisia? So terrible, I couldn't explain it and to top it off, my heart was racing I was having a panic attack! In the restaurant! And at the same time I was sleepy as hell, but I kept my cool. My mum took me back to the hotel where I immediately fell asleep..terrible"

kyla9697 March 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Relieved symptoms of severe depression but caused terrible, debilitating dry eyes. I have mild dry eye disease under normal circumstances, and dry eyes are *not* listed as a side effect for Latuda. It got to the point though where I was unable to do anything because of my dry eye discomfort. I got severely tense and anxious, which kind of negated any positive effect from the Latuda. So, we stopped it, and my dry eyes went away."

Charlie Hondo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I took Latuda for about 5 months. First two weeks at 20mg - worked fine. Thought clearer, overall better mood. Two weeks later I was bumped up to 40mg - problems ensued. Severe restlessness (akathisia). Was then bumped up to 80mg, then 120, then down to 100... the akathisia became more unbearable at every dose. That, and my brain started feeling overly stimulated and my body gained this sense of underlying fear. Plus, I gained TERRIBLE anxiety. I can verify the anxiety stemmed from the Latuda because I forgot to take my meds one night and it was gone by the following morning. I'm giving Latuda a 6 because I know how it felt when it worked properly and I know it benefits many. Unfortunately, things just didn't work out for me big picture."

peterfancypants March 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm hoping my comments reaches out to those who like me gave up on medication time and time again as it affected their work outs. As a long distance runner and someone suffering from years of major PTSD and Anxiety, it was nearly impossible to have the stamina to run while on meds. I'd have to grin and bear the struggles of my PTSD without meds during my years of marathon training. Cymbalta and Latuda have been the perfect combination for me. Though Latuda is more for Bi-Polar, it has helped many people with PTSD, like myself. I have no weight gain and I have plenty of stamina to do my running. I'm so grateful to God and my doctor for finding the best program for me. If you're an athlete, help is out there."

SoCalPhilly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda was horrible in my case. I was so wound up I couldn't sleep or sit down. I had what felt like all day long panic and even a Xanax didn't stop it. I was sweating and hyperventilating and felt a constant choking sensation I think from panicking. This is my experience it may be someone else's miracle drug. It did ease the depression and mood swings but the side effects were not worth it. On the plus side I gave it a 3 because I was never hungry and dropped 20 pounds."

Sunflower1985 March 14, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "While some give high ratings, I cannot. Within a week of starting it, it gave me what seemed like full-day long panic attacks and I wept for hours. I would later find out it was akathisia which wreaked havoc on my anxiety and paranoia. Not for me!"

BiPolarExpress (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on latuda for two years. I increased the first time and slept like a baby (I had terrible insomnia and nightmares on 20 mg). I just increased my dose to 60 mg and now I'm back to waking up every single night at 3:00 am and feel wide awake. I also have very vivid dreams on this med. However, it controls my symptoms so well that I won't stop taking it. It is the only medication in its class that works for me. I miss sleeping well, but the benefits outweigh the risks for me. Just in case anyone is wondering, when it's combined with gabapentin at night, I have no trouble sleeping, so I'll definitely add that back into the mix."

Kawaw (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I generally suffer from bipolar, anxiety and some form of psychosis, the delusions from psychosis caused most of my anxiety and I had to be put on Wellbutrin, risperodone, and klonopin. With this medication my simptoms of psychosis are much better relieved and I was able to withdraw from using klonopin all the time to control my anxiety. I found what I needed."

Rafael21212199 March 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This med had saved my life!!! I was addicted to heroin and xanax trying to always self medicate the effects of bipolar. I tried so many meds and had so many dangerous side effects like a bad rash from lamictal and muscles locking up from 3 other meds and had to get rushed to the hospital to get Benadryl shots. Ever since I've been on this I feel like I did when I was a kid very free and level, no crazy obsessive thoughts or cravings. I have not had a drug craving at all, nor do I want anything to do with drugs bc now that my mind is clear and balanced I have no use for them . This med definitely is the main thing helping me stay sober and it saved me from myself and my thoughts!!!!!"

Jay-12-29-1990 February 28, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This is the best drug I have taken for bipolar. I took many drugs for bipolar and this one seems to be the only one to work. Zero side effect medication. It's like haldol, but without side affects. Take it, trust me. It's great for bipolar. Decreases your appetite, unlike other medication. You will lose weight and sleep well. Start off at a high dose, because lower doses don't affect you well enough. I'm 25 in June and definitely, highly, recommend this medication for anyone with any type of bipolar."

Jungrfau maria February 26, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on two AAPs for my bipolar. Zyprexa which handles my anger, and Latuda which helps my intrusive thoughts. I have only been on it for a little over a month. Was on 40mg, was convinced that it wasn't doing anything for me and told my psych I wanted to come off of it. She tapered me down to 20mg for a week and was supposed to stop after that. After reducing down to 20mg the intrusive thoughts returned. I went back to my old ways of blockading my front door out of fear of an intruder, and not leaving my apt at night (zero rational reasoning for my actions). Called my dr and went back up to 40mg as of today. Will not be quitting."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "After being on seroquel and then shortly zyprexa I was put on latuda 40 mg. It gave me a lot of anxiety and strong restless feelings so I dropped to 20 mg and it helped. I've since gone back up to 40 mg because 20 wasn't helping all my symptoms. It helps a lot with suicidal thoughts and negative obsessive thoughts and I've noticed I've lost weight on it. The anxiety can be kinda unbearable at times but in the overall scheme it seems to be worth it. I would go up to a higher dose but my insurance won't cover it. I take it at night with something to eat and if I do have uncomfortable feelings they go away within a couple hours. Overall I would say it's a pretty good med but be careful because it is pretty potent even at low doses."

Brian8511 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "my doctor gave me latuda because I wanted to stop zyprexa and seroquel because of the weight gain. She told me that latuda doesn't cause weight gain. I took 40mg and it seem to work pretty well it wasn't as great as zyprexa but it worked well........but I had to stop because even though my insurance covered the drugs, the copay cost me $500 which I obviously cannot afford. So am going cold turkey on everything.....why cant I just be normal?"

eliasadc (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug is very affective but the side effects are kinda crappy!!! I would get stiffness in my neck and spasms in my back that were hard to deal with."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication should not be being prescribed for Bipolar 2, a milder form of a different illness, called Biploar 1, for which this medication works very well. Folks, Doctors NEED to be using SCIENCE to treat illnesses, not giving out random prescriptions for 2+ medications for 1 illness. If your Doctor is not doing monthly blood tests AT LEAST to see how the medications are affecting your body chemistry and serotonin levels, then you need to fire the Doctor and find one who does do his/her job the right way, and who is good at the science part of the job. Every medication you take counteracts and interacts with the other medications and the foods and other things that you put into your body each day messing with the chemistry of your body"

AspirationsWScom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have type 2 BP along with many other things and I do say I love this RX. It helped me out for a very long time one of the first and few. However I did feel very dulled emotionally. I was on 140mg daily but any does lower did not work. I could not even cry unless something absolutely tragic (Ie. Death or someone I loved getting hurt) happened in my life. Also I hated having to take it with food. I constantly had an upset stomach as I could never seem to get eating and taking the med right. So all in all I took myself off from the med and the withdrawls from it were hell. For about two weeks I felt like I was dying. So as a conclusion; this med does work and work well if you like being a robot who vomits."

MissManicDepressive (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2017