User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia 49 reviews 42 medications

6.9
Summary of Latuda reviews 363 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "After being on seroquel and then shortly zyprexa I was put on latuda 40 mg. It gave me a lot of anxiety and strong restless feelings so I dropped to 20 mg and it helped. I've since gone back up to 40 mg because 20 wasn't helping all my symptoms. It helps a lot with suicidal thoughts and negative obsessive thoughts and I've noticed I've lost weight on it. The anxiety can be kinda unbearable at times but in the overall scheme it seems to be worth it. I would go up to a higher dose but my insurance won't cover it. I take it at night with something to eat and if I do have uncomfortable feelings they go away within a couple hours. Overall I would say it's a pretty good med but be careful because it is pretty potent even at low doses."

Brian8511 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "my doctor gave me latuda because I wanted to stop zyprexa and seroquel because of the weight gain. She told me that latuda doesn't cause weight gain. I took 40mg and it seem to work pretty well it wasn't as great as zyprexa but it worked well........but I had to stop because even though my insurance covered the drugs, the copay cost me $500 which I obviously cannot afford. So am going cold turkey on everything.....why cant I just be normal?"

eliasadc (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug is very affective but the side effects are kinda crappy!!! I would get stiffness in my neck and spasms in my back that were hard to deal with."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication should not be being prescribed for Bipolar 2, a milder form of a different illness, called Biploar 1, for which this medication works very well. Folks, Doctors NEED to be using SCIENCE to treat illnesses, not giving out random prescriptions for 2+ medications for 1 illness. If your Doctor is not doing monthly blood tests AT LEAST to see how the medications are affecting your body chemistry and serotonin levels, then you need to fire the Doctor and find one who does do his/her job the right way, and who is good at the science part of the job. Every medication you take counteracts and interacts with the other medications and the foods and other things that you put into your body each day messing with the chemistry of your body"

AspirationsWScom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have type 2 BP along with many other things and I do say I love this RX. It helped me out for a very long time one of the first and few. However I did feel very dulled emotionally. I was on 140mg daily but any does lower did not work. I could not even cry unless something absolutely tragic (Ie. Death or someone I loved getting hurt) happened in my life. Also I hated having to take it with food. I constantly had an upset stomach as I could never seem to get eating and taking the med right. So all in all I took myself off from the med and the withdrawls from it were hell. For about two weeks I felt like I was dying. So as a conclusion; this med does work and work well if you like being a robot who vomits."

MissManicDepressive (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on it for 1.2 weeks. started at 20 and now up to 40 mg. I was so scared to try this medicine because unfortunately I have a side effect to just about every anti-psychotic except Seroquel. They tend to make my eyes roll back I can bring them down to look at you but then they stay stuck up. Not even Cogentin helps. I am so excited because this has not happened with the Latuda yet. I am down 6.4 pounds. And I feel great. My appetite is very curb. Unfortunately my first week I had a lot of anxiety. And one very bad day. But all of that has seemed to subside. My stomach has been upset... But I'm willing to take the bad... Because I'm getting so much good"

Stevie P (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Latuda is the first antipsychotic I've taken, and I have to say it works. Yeah nausea sets in if you don't eat with it but it's been pretty fine. Started with 20 MG for the past 6 months, and auditory hallucinations diminished at least 90%. Anxiety about 60% which is why I'm looking to up my dosage to 40mg along with upping my zoloft dosage to 100mg.But with any medicine there are side effects and diarrhea is an issue with this medication. So, with my uptake in dosage hopefully I'll be all the way me again."

Filthead (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have experienced some side effects otherwise I would rate this as a 10. Watch what you eat and pick the right time to take it. The first few days I had side effects that lasted for a few hours. After the side effects wore off, I felt amazing. I have Bipolar Depression that I feel is very bad. Most people think I am ok. However, there is so much going on in my head all the time. Latuda has helped me to feel good and stay focused. I am able to have more control over my life. I have tried different meds and this one has worked well for me. I have taken it and night, but switched to the day due to sleep issues. Sleep issues are better now."

Apolar January 20, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Seroquel since 1997 and had gained a lot of weight. I also had the side effects of type 2 diabetes, high cholestoral, etc. from taking it so long. But Seroquel worked for me. So in an effort to loose weight and the "bad" side effects I switched to Latuda. Lutuda didn't do squat for me in the sleep department, so I ended up taking a half pill of Seroquel and a dose of Latuda. This worked well for about a year. I lost a ton of weight and my overall health improved. However, I slipped into a major depressive episode in less than a year and had to go back to the "tried and true" Seroquel. Feeling better, but gained back a lot of weight. Never thought a drug marketed for BP depression would make me depressed."

Bipolar since 95 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I recently started taking Latuda and couldn't be more please with it. For many years I have been struggling psychologically, have been on variety of different depression medication that offer no help or even worsen my symptoms. I been diagnosed with PTSD, Chronic Depression in 2008, and 2015 also diagnosed with Bipolar. I am quite disappointed that I wasn't introduced to Latuda earlier. Latuda has enhanced the quality of my life in so many great ways. Not only that I feel better and happier, I am a better mother and a girlfriend. Latuda not only help with Bipolar, but it addressed all my mental problems. I am finally able to feel normal and have a normal life!"

Nastasia R January 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Developed memory loss, (MMSE 16/30) , developed total body neuralgia, developed instability, developed cogging (regitity of muscle tone), developed Parkinsonian symptoms,"

Ramfl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm on Latuda, the side effects are very irritating and scary! This time my RIGHT leg has that very unbearable (hard to explain) feeling, I fell asleep a lot at work, right in the middle of me writing something, I stumbled around and thinking it will be better if I took it at night, it WASN'T! I woke up at 1am, having EXTREME panic attacks, overthinking EVERYTHING and just have these terrible, horrifying thoughts! I got outta bed and slipped, fell down the stairs and hurt my arm and knee! I also drooled a lot and had no appetite for 3 months!! But on the other side, it makes me calmer/happier and confident about things, but I can't stand the side effects!!"

WORST SIDE EFFECTS!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on latuda for about two months. I had been taking Risperdal and Lamictal for years and while I was getting by I wasn't in such a great mood often. Shortly after taking this I noticed I felt much happier and my therapist and girlfriend both said I seem less inhibited and in a better mood. It's not like I'm manic and I don't feel like the happiness is some artificial shot in the arm. I'm perfectly lucid and at peace with things most of the time. That all being said I also have more frequent mood swings. The swings aren't as bad as when I'm off meds, but I do feel pretty down about 10 to 20 times a month with episodes lasting various amounts of time. I'm currently taking 20mg latuda and 300mg Lamictal."

Squeezins (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bi polar in 12/28/2015.. It has been very hard from then until now. I first was on lithium it didn't work for me. I was still maniac. I switched doctors and was put on lithium. My doctor called it the Mercedes of meds.. So I went with it. It took 4 months to see a difference.. I had to takes meds faithfully. 9 months and Latuda has changed my life. I did gain weight. Now I'm working out on getting it off.."

Franchon January 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This has literally been a life saver. I tried to taper off it twice and my mood became very volatile, that resolved once I went back on it. Latuda in combination with lamotrigine has improved my quality of life immensely."

Winnebago (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 3.5 years ago. Initially, I took Lamictal and Saphris for one year. Saphris made me too drowsy too often, so now I take Lamictal and Latuda (60mg). I recommend taking Latuda at night with food. If I take it in the morning or during the day, I get very restless and can't still still or focus on anything. I have no problems if I take it right before bed with a snack."

Redrobin24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started latuda after being on abilify since 2004. I was taken off abilify because I began vomiting every day and had severe rashes after being on the drug for about twelve years. Latuda is HORRIBLE! Mind you, I haven't actually had a serious psychiatrist sit down and actually understand my symptoms or who I am in about five years... seems as if that is non existent in my region or something now? I developed severe migraines on latuda, and have had more frequent seizures on this medication. The doctor I have seen ONE time this entire year doesn't want to work with me even though he even noticed I am extremely agitated and annoyed ALL the time on this medication. I used to be very calm and easy going; however, now everything irritates me."

BiPolarBareHart (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "i have Bipolar type II and took it for a couple months and it left me feeling constantly on edge. i couldnt relax and watch a movie with my boyfriend or even just sit and read a book without feeling anxious. I don't know for sure if I have anxiety but it definitely made me very anxious. it didn't help my moods either cause I was constantly on edge and anything triggered an episode for me. but I know a few people it helped out, just not for me. one thing I will say is if you take it TAKE IT BEFORE BED WITH FOOD. taking with food helps your body absorb it, and taking it before bed helps with the anxious part for some."

Vickless (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "None. I was prescribed this by my specialist as an alternative to lamotrigine for some unknown reason. I took a look at the side effects and decided it was incompatible with being able to work. After all, if I can't work, I can't afford treatment. "

parp123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This is the best medication I've taken for a mood stabilizer. It takes about 3 months to work at peak, but the benefits have been amazing. While some medications seem to drag you to feeling better, this one just nudges me. I feel as if My Real personality can show through. I'm stable and thinking more rationaly, without losing the ability to feel my emotions. Plus, I lost a few pounds."

LS1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "I have been taking Latuda for schizoaffective for the past 14 months. I have been sleeping like a baby and have no delusions what so ever. BUT I have been very addicted to temptations. I have been drinking a lot more than usual and I gained a total of 20kg in these 14 months. My lifestyle is not helping either. I just feel empty, careless, disorganized and unhappy. I do not have motivation to even wash the dishes or dress up like I used to. I am ready to switch to another medication but this med is good for delusions. One of the severe side effects that I have experiences is I have been talking to myself. Repeating my thoughts out loud all day everyday."

artesianwater (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Before starting Latuda, I was weepy and sad nearly all the time. I rarely slept well and just felt sad and sleepy all the time. Latuda changed my life. I am not sad and weepy anymore and I sleep great every night. This medicine is just what I had prayed for. I feel so normal now."

Sleepygirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "16 years of bipolar1 all symptoms extremely difficult. Latter years mania faded to a all consuming depression.I fought it refusing to take antidepressants.it was to dark I gave in and tried Seroquel.it helped then I tried Latuda 20mg. helped immediately then to 40mg where I have been for 2 years,Thank and Praise God!!!"

Mot rednats (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "Few days on it. Ability didn't work for me. Doctor has me on cogentin and Inderal for akathisia. Taking Trilafon also. Quiting Klonopin slowly, taking Adderall for sleep issues: hypersomnia. Taking Paxil bc it was good in the past(20years ago). Slightly hypomanic which is good for socializing but not for calm mind. Can't keep a calm mind, not hearing voices, but having a discussion with imaginary person in my head. Is this Pyschosis bc I would hate to get off AD(Paxil) which is great for social phobia"

GOODERSHOES (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Atudau for about 6 weeks now. I wanted an alternative to taking serequel as at 300mg it was starting to make me feel like "binge eating" due to severe appetite increase from 200mg to 300mg. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, no specific type, but I know I have rapid cycling Bipolar and I have experienced psychosis, I don't need a shrink to tell me this as I know how I feel, without sounding arrogant. I take 80mg of Latuda at night together with 500mg of Epilium. In the morning I take 10mg of Brintilix (anti-depressant) together with 500mg of Epilum. After suffering with Bipolar and mood disorders, I have finally found a medication which makes me feel "normal" and fits in with my personality. I definitely would recommend this"

Leesh! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016