User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Bipolar Disorder

"Developed memory loss, (MMSE 16/30) , developed total body neuralgia, developed instability, developed cogging (regitity of muscle tone), developed Parkinsonian symptoms,"

Ramfl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

"I'm on Latuda, the side effects are very irritating and scary! This time my RIGHT leg has that very unbearable (hard to explain) feeling, I fell asleep a lot at work, right in the middle of me writing something, I stumbled around and thinking it will be better if I took it at night, it WASN'T! I woke up at 1am, having EXTREME panic attacks, overthinking EVERYTHING and just have these terrible, horrifying thoughts! I got outta bed and slipped, fell down the stairs and hurt my arm and knee! I also drooled a lot and had no appetite for 3 months!! But on the other side, it makes me calmer/happier and confident about things, but I can't stand the side effects!!"

WORST SIDE EFFECTS!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"I've been on latuda for about two months. I had been taking Risperdal and Lamictal for years and while I was getting by I wasn't in such a great mood often. Shortly after taking this I noticed I felt much happier and my therapist and girlfriend both said I seem less inhibited and in a better mood. It's not like I'm manic and I don't feel like the happiness is some artificial shot in the arm. I'm perfectly lucid and at peace with things most of the time. That all being said I also have more frequent mood swings. The swings aren't as bad as when I'm off meds, but I do feel pretty down about 10 to 20 times a month with episodes lasting various amounts of time. I'm currently taking 20mg latuda and 300mg Lamictal."

Squeezins (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"I was diagnosed with bi polar in 12/28/2015.. It has been very hard from then until now. I first was on lithium it didn't work for me. I was still maniac. I switched doctors and was put on lithium. My doctor called it the Mercedes of meds.. So I went with it. It took 4 months to see a difference.. I had to takes meds faithfully. 9 months and Latuda has changed my life. I did gain weight. Now I'm working out on getting it off.."

Franchon January 6, 2017

"This has literally been a life saver. I tried to taper off it twice and my mood became very volatile, that resolved once I went back on it. Latuda in combination with lamotrigine has improved my quality of life immensely."

Winnebago (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

"I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 3.5 years ago. Initially, I took Lamictal and Saphris for one year. Saphris made me too drowsy too often, so now I take Lamictal and Latuda (60mg). I recommend taking Latuda at night with food. If I take it in the morning or during the day, I get very restless and can't still still or focus on anything. I have no problems if I take it right before bed with a snack."

Redrobin24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2016

"I started latuda after being on abilify since 2004. I was taken off abilify because I began vomiting every day and had severe rashes after being on the drug for about twelve years. Latuda is HORRIBLE! Mind you, I haven't actually had a serious psychiatrist sit down and actually understand my symptoms or who I am in about five years... seems as if that is non existent in my region or something now? I developed severe migraines on latuda, and have had more frequent seizures on this medication. The doctor I have seen ONE time this entire year doesn't want to work with me even though he even noticed I am extremely agitated and annoyed ALL the time on this medication. I used to be very calm and easy going; however, now everything irritates me."

BiPolarBareHart (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

"i have Bipolar type II and took it for a couple months and it left me feeling constantly on edge. i couldnt relax and watch a movie with my boyfriend or even just sit and read a book without feeling anxious. I don't know for sure if I have anxiety but it definitely made me very anxious. it didn't help my moods either cause I was constantly on edge and anything triggered an episode for me. but I know a few people it helped out, just not for me. one thing I will say is if you take it TAKE IT BEFORE BED WITH FOOD. taking with food helps your body absorb it, and taking it before bed helps with the anxious part for some."

Vickless (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

"None. I was prescribed this by my specialist as an alternative to lamotrigine for some unknown reason. I took a look at the side effects and decided it was incompatible with being able to work. After all, if I can't work, I can't afford treatment. "

parp123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

"This is the best medication I've taken for a mood stabilizer. It takes about 3 months to work at peak, but the benefits have been amazing. While some medications seem to drag you to feeling better, this one just nudges me. I feel as if My Real personality can show through. I'm stable and thinking more rationaly, without losing the ability to feel my emotions. Plus, I lost a few pounds."

LS1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

"Before starting Latuda, I was weepy and sad nearly all the time. I rarely slept well and just felt sad and sleepy all the time. Latuda changed my life. I am not sad and weepy anymore and I sleep great every night. This medicine is just what I had prayed for. I feel so normal now."

Sleepygirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

"16 years of bipolar1 all symptoms extremely difficult. Latter years mania faded to a all consuming depression.I fought it refusing to take antidepressants.it was to dark I gave in and tried Seroquel.it helped then I tried Latuda 20mg. helped immediately then to 40mg where I have been for 2 years,Thank and Praise God!!!"

Mot rednats (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

"I've been on Atudau for about 6 weeks now. I wanted an alternative to taking serequel as at 300mg it was starting to make me feel like "binge eating" due to severe appetite increase from 200mg to 300mg. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, no specific type, but I know I have rapid cycling Bipolar and I have experienced psychosis, I don't need a shrink to tell me this as I know how I feel, without sounding arrogant. I take 80mg of Latuda at night together with 500mg of Epilium. In the morning I take 10mg of Brintilix (anti-depressant) together with 500mg of Epilum. After suffering with Bipolar and mood disorders, I have finally found a medication which makes me feel "normal" and fits in with my personality. I definitely would recommend this"

Leesh! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

"Horrible, evil pill. Didn't realize it was causing me anxiety after being EPC for false statements, they put me on it in the hospital and I was like sure okay. They rapidly ramped me to 60mg, the anxiety/nervousness from it was intense, crippling and basically made me botch an easy in and out hearing where my family fully supported me - they weren't even allowed in to testify to the falseness of why I was EPC'd cause i shut down and said no contest to total BS. This drug is known for causing people to be violent. I can sort of see why it might do that. It's immensely powerful, and the "doctors" like to give out a needlessly high dose. The irony is, the doc I have now says I'm not even bipolar."

Anonymous November 13, 2016

"I am 58 with diagnosis received over 15 years ago. I have tried several antidepressants and antianxiety medication with little if any relief. Upon expressing frustration with my doctor, it was suggested to try latuda. I am on day 8 of 20 mg. Almost immediately felt calmer, clearer thinking, interest in my forgorgotten enjoyments. I am in good health physically. So far, no signs of any side affects and no weight gain at all (I gain weight easily) and gained over 20 lbs over the years using celexa and other antidepressants. My diagnosis was changed after 14 years to bipolar 1 same doctor all these years. I was afraid of medicines but deep depression forced me to try again. I'm happy so far with latuda. Good luck and God bless."

Deerfeather November 12, 2016

"I am currently taking 80mg of Latuda (which I've been on for about 5 weeks now). I take this in conjunction with 500mg of Sodium Valproate, twice daily and 10mg of Brintillex (anti-depressant). I was diagnosed with Bipolar last year and have been battling to feel "normal" per se. The increase doses of Seroquel just made me want to binge eat as it increased my appetite when I was on 300mg. Latuda has helped me significantly........... No weird emotional feelings or thoughts. I feel comfortable in 'my own body', I feel content been 'on my own', relaxed and 'chilled'. The only downside is the cost as it is not covered on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme here in Australia (only for diagnosis of Schizophrenia); therefore it cost me $AUD150."

Leeshy (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

"This medicine has changed my life!! I have battled depression for years. Although my psychiatrist had me on more than 1 antidepressant I would still have days I would get up and be in a black hole. I never knew how long it would last - days or weeks. My diagnosis was Major Depressive Disorder - Reoccurring. I just couldn't understand with all the meds why I still struggled so much with the monster of depression. I talked to my psychiatrist about it and he started Latuda. The sky is bluer the grass is greener and I know what joy is!"

AMK1968 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

"I started Latuda 20mg 5 months ago with no results until a few weeks later, increasing dosage to 40mg. Felt pretty good, the depression & anxiety improved, but still not "balanced". 6 weeks ago, I increased my dosage of Wellbutrin from 150mg to 300mg and finally felt really good for a change! But now the past 3-4 wks, I feel I am in hypermania, as all the signs are there... I'm talking fast and a lot, making purchases online, which I don't normally do, and sleep is sketchy! Since I, like most, prefer mania over all other moods, I haven't contacted my therapist yet, because I know more changes to medications is imminent, before I crash and go into deep depression. One last try with Latuda, increasing the dosage to 80mg next week."

Mushy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

"I've taken a lot of medications. I was prescribed latuda and it wasnt a very good experience. I couldn't even sit down to watch a movie without feeling jittery and needing to be on the go. When it was bed time my legs were so restless I couldn't sleep. I would lay in bed kicking my legs non stop. I'll never take this again."

bnicoles (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

"Med change epilum to latuda over 8 weeks.. Ok, the change started off great, I'd been in bipolar depression for almost a year, after 2 days on latuda I was activated and over the moon happy, ok far far too happy. First day was like ecstasy. 2 months past and everything was fine, I'd come out of depression.. but the honeymoon took an abrupt ending when side effects / made it the most undesirable experience. Intense anxiety. dread, panic, restless legs, fear, suicidal thoughts (never had those before, ever) back to the doc, changed dosage and combinations a couple of times under his supervision but it didn't work. Went completely off it and back to my long time friends seroquel xr & epilum.."

Eat at Joes (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

"For me, latuda is the best drug available and so far I've lost 25lbs. My emotions are in check, paranoia and hallucinations are gone. I feel real and as close to normal than I've been in a really, really long time. Other than a slight tremor, I've noticed no other side effects I'd highly recommend trying this medication."

BP1 SEVERE W/PSYCHOSIS (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

"I've been taking Latuda for about 3 months now for Bipolar II disorder. At first, I started out at 20 mg, and gradually increased to 80 mg. I was in a deep depression, so even within weeks of taking Latuda, I didn't feel that much better. Once my doc switched me to 80 mg, I slowly started climbing out of my depression. It was a slow recovery, but it worked. I am now 80% depression-symptom free and I feel like I'm back to my old self. I am able to function much better at work and life in general. I had restlessness as a side-effect for some time, but it slowly went away. I usually take Latuda before bedtime and haven't experienced any other side effects."

BipolarGirl31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

"So tonight was my first 20mg Latuda at dinner and I was super afraid that akathesia (a restlessness from taking antipsychotic pills) would happen. But so far so good. I guess some people get it and some dont."

Riggiorachel (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

"The worst antipsychotic I've ever taken. I could barely walk and my rigidity was so bad my legs seized up totally."

Hutchings October 18, 2016

"I used to be at a mental state where everyday I would lie on my bed for about 3 hours because I didn't want to do anything. I had severe suicidal thoughts for 2 years and kept switching medications because they caused weight gain. After about a week of taking the medication my weight started dropping and my grades shot up to b's instead of c's. Now I'm doing great. I've never had higher grades and haven't felt this good for years. I'd really recommend it. I haven't had side effects yet and probably won't."

Psychotic Adolescent (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016