User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Bipolar Disorder

"I started Latuda about a month ago so far I feel amazing. My negative thoughts (voices in my head) are not gone but more positive and not so attacking. I havnt had any erges in my body to yell scream or cry for no reason. I havnt yet to pop off quick like I did before I have no feeling to even be upset. I'm Feeling as if iv let go of all the bad energy I had inside me. A lot more tired and restless I'm sure I will get more use to it later but it's help me not wake up in a panic like I did everyday before. I would truly recommend to anyone who just wants to figure out who they truly are somone who wants consistency with there self If that makes sense? I love the person I am now and I hope to keep feeling this way. Good luck"

Anonymous August 17, 2016

"Latuda, mood stabilizer (trilleptal 300 twice daily) and anti depressant (Effexor 150 once in morning) have helped so much. I've felt like a Guinea pig the last two decades with different drugs and different Drs telling me conflicting things. The one thing they all agree on is I'm bi polar II, PTSD disorder and borderline personality. What they couldn't agree on is what to give me. I've been on more medications than I can count and the only one that ever has not only WORKED for me but has little to no ugly side effects (for me) has been this combination which was stumbled upon one of the many times I've been hospitalized for despression or suicide attempt. Ever since then Latuda has been a must in my daily life. 40mg once at night."

Nighttide August 6, 2016

"Just started taking Latuda 2 days ago. I may be psychologically thinking it's starting to work already. But I know it's just wishful thinking. Been on 20mg of Prozac, 100mg of Lamictal, .5mg Ativan & 100mg of trazadone for 15 years. Hopefully I can quit the Prozac altogather. Will see, very hopeful."

jakmak52 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

"I am 58 and was diagnosed with Bipolar II and ADHD. I'm currently on Latuda 20 mg, Lamictal 300 mg, Cymbalta 60 mg, and Vyvanse 40 mg per day. Before Latuda I would stay in bed for months and considered suicide. Within a week of starting it I was motivated, hopeful and energetic. I do experience significant restlessness, a weird anxiety and hyperventilating about 2 hrs after taking it--it also makes me drowsy-- so I eat about 8 pm, take it (you must take Latuda with at least 350 cal for proper absorption of the med) and go to bed about 10. It doesn't bother me while I'm asleep. Unfortunately, I have noticed a return of some depressive symptoms lately. I tried 40 mg, but the side effects are too severe. :("

Cricket822 July 23, 2016

"Been on latuda about 3 weeks now. The only down fall is staying asleep for the whole night. I go to bed around 10pm and i wake up about one hour later feeling restless. Doctor told me to take melitonin before bed. I'll see if that works. Also,like someone above my message said. My doctor ask me to go off the medication and notice the signs of depression again and see what the medication has been doing. So true. After 3 days off the medication,I notice my symptoms of anger and impulsiveness return, also my depression hitting hard again. So am going back on after today and staying on. Its finally a miracle that I can be symptoms free and no more racing thoughts. Thank you medicine. "

shanda819 July 15, 2016

"Been on latuda 20mg for almost 3 weeks now. I definitely notice a difference in my mood. I dont feel so heavy and down. Im glad to finally have some relief. I also notice that my anxiety is not as high and im not angry all the time. I hope things go up from here. Im very positive about this medicine."

Laney41 July 8, 2016

"This drug is AMAZING! My negativr thoughts and mood swings are a Thing of the past.. FINALLY! Ive been on prozac, cymbalta, and fetzima (last one made me manic).. This is finally the one that worked for me! No side effects as of yet on 20 mg for 3 weeks.. Give it a Try for stabilizing mood"

Cellis14 July 5, 2016

"I have recently been diagnosed BP 2. I spent years being depressed with one suicide attempt. I had been taking fluoxetine for 10+ years. When I finally went to a psychiatrist he took put me on Latuda and Lamictal. What a difference! My primary care asked me to go off the Latuda for a few days and I definitely noticed a difference for the worse. Latuda and Lamictal have saved my life, I am much more productive, motivated and happy."

Happy_now July 3, 2016

"I switched from Zyprexa to Latuda about 2 months ago. At first, I was having a little bit of trouble staying asleep. Now, I feel much more energized when I wake up. It keeps symptoms at bay. I was also able to lose almost 50 pounds (through diet and exercise). It is possible to lose weight on this drug as you are not constantly thinking about food and feeling sluggish. Definitely recommend for those looking for an alternative."

dmick (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

"Been on it for two months. Didn't notice a difference to three weeks taken it. Started sleeping through the night with vivid dreams, but my dreams are always vivid. Depression got bad, but seems to be letting up. My doctor wants me to take it in the morning, but I sleep most of the day, and feel like crap till the afternoon. Plus the restlessness during the day is miserable. On 40mg now, and going to start taking it at night. I can take it on an empty stomach with no problems. Will see what happens. Was seriously thinking of stop taken it, but reading these reviews really helped. That I wasn't the only one with some of these issues. I thank you all!! One last thing I'm Bipolar ll mixed manic, and people have notice that I'm calmer."

Happea June 26, 2016

"I started taking Latuda a month ago and it is the most debilitating drug I've ever hadi feel like I can't move or have any motivation to do anything. Ive also gained 20 pounds. Im absolutely miserable. Do not take this! It's not worth feeling like a slug all day."

tnh1837 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

"I've been on latuda 40mg for 1.5 years. In 2012 I was hospitalized after a manic episode - hallucinating and not eating or sleeping for 2 days. Hospitalized in 2014 for another manic episode. I was prescribed latuda 40 mg, haven't changed since then. I also started seeing a Christian therapist after my 2nd episode. I don't always take my latuda with food, and rarely after dinner (otherwise I get restless and anxious). But so far I have been healthy mentally, no manic episodes, no major depressive states. This year I have even lost 10-12lbs, but I'm very active now. I don't have a history of drug use, never been medicated before this, but family history of mental health issues."

Bovary (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2016

"Diagnosed with Bipolar II and Schizophrenia. At first this was the wonder drug. Now, as I'm 1 year into it, my daily functionality has significantly decreased. I take this with 50mg Vyvanse just to wake up enough to work. I can't verbally communicate any more, even with friends or my wife. It's affecting my work. My tongue clicks and my legs shake uncontrollably. No motivation. No emotional reactions except strong anger outbursts. I will sleep 18+ hrs a day if I can."

Anonymous in Indiana June 21, 2016

"I have been on latuda for 3-4 years at 40 mg. I also take celexa for my bipolar 1 disorder . The latuda has helped me feel better but the weight gain of 50 lbs I put on has depressed me to the point that I stopped taking latuda this week. So far I have just experienced some insomnia and racing thoughts. I pray that these symptoms will pass soon. I am looking into treating my bipolar1 with vitamins and minerals. If you have any suggestions or thoughts please share them. I am hoping to lose all the weight I gained. Thank you and God Bless."

J007 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2016

"I have Bipolar 1 and I started taking Latuda 20mg and didn't feel too much to begin with other than it was easier to get up in the morning, then I went up to 40mg and started really feeling amazing improvements. I used to suffer from extreme paranoid thoughts, had little cognitive ability, was constantly having panic attacks and felt extremely depressed, didn't sleep yet was barely awake during the day and was basically just sluggish and useless. On Latuda I can get up in the morning, I sleep at night, my paranoid thoughts a greatly reduced, my panic attacks have more than halved, I can actually think, I'm not too sleepy and depressed to look after myself and after two years of being disinterested in everything I feel enthusiastic again!"

A.Taylor June 15, 2016

"I have been on Latuda for over three years. My cycles are very rapid and this drug has saved my life. I take one 120mg pill at night. Wow what a difference. My mania is under control and I have less episodes of depression. Having a dual diagnosis I am very comfortable with this medication. I was on lithium for over 11 years and that worked well until I almost had kidney failure due to toxic drug levels. I would recommend Latuda to any bipolar client that is dealing stability and a once a day simple administration."

Sabitri June 13, 2016

"Worsted my situation, headache, difficulties to talk, suicidal, lethargic, SLOW and lost contact with reality. Worst drug I've ever took."

Urbain37 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

"Therapist thinks I have bipolar II. I was taking cymbalta, trazadone and klonopin. I am now only on 40mg of Latuda and klonopin. I feel like a zombie. I have no desire to speak when I'm with friends. I've found myself drooling sometimes, letting a small amount of drool drip out. Very embarrassing. I often find myself staring out into nothing. I have trouble keeping still most days. I have to take it with food or I will become very nauseous. Also I must take it before bed because it makes me drowsy. I don't like this medication. I used to be more full of life even if I was depressed under the surface. Now I'm just a bump on a log with nothing to say. Makes me sad about this."

Lost in space May 17, 2016

"Worked great for my 13 year old w schizoaffective disorder for 8 months, the only side effect was vomiting a few min after taking it at times. Zantac seemed to help for a while, but the vomiting became more frequent so ultimately he had to come off of it. It seemed to work well though with no restlessness, akasthesia, or any other side effects. He took it with lithium, so it might have been the combination that was too much for his stomach."

SS2016 May 14, 2016

"I am taking 750mg of Lithium and 450mg of amisulpride with 80mg of Latuida. I am reducing my amisulpride by 50mg every week until I eventually come off it. My mum has noticed that my face has become brighter using Latudia. I experience nausea sometimes with Latuda, I need to eat over 350 calories to not have nausea. I can't eat creamy foods with it, otherwise I vomit. I'm hoping I don't go manic and relapse when I fully come off amisulpride."

Ciko44 April 30, 2016

"I have been taking Latuda for two years. I take 10 onenight and 20mg the next night. I have no side effects and the drug works very well. My only complaint is that I feel very blah. Nothing excites me. I think I am taking too much. I am very sensitive to medicine. I am going to try only 10mg every night and see if that helps....otherwise a wonderful drug."

Snoyl April 25, 2016

"Latuda has saved my life. I have been on it for two years now and haven't had any bipolar symptoms in that time. I have Type I bipolar and prior to Latuda I had been suffering from severe mixed state, and very suicidal. I was starting to lose hope that I would ever get better. I have had a completely normal life for the past two years. I have had serious stress (huge events!) and have stayed stable through everything. This drug is a miracle. I haven't had any side effects that I can notice - I've got issues with short term memory, but I don't know if that is a function of the bipolar itself or the meds. It's always been an issue. And for me, it isn't crippling, I just lose details."

Stable at last (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2016

"I've been on latuda for now almost a year&what a difference it has made in my life! It keeps my mania& depression@ a minimum. It had also helped me with my irrational fears, O.C.D., & ruminations! Thanks to latuda I'm back to a lovely creature!"

lovely creature (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

"I started on 20 mg of latuda. I now take 80 mg at night after supper. I also take pristiq and lorazapam. I have been good for five Years on it. No bad side effects. I do go to bed and take the meds at the same every day."

barbata e brown April 17, 2016

"I have been taking latuda for around a year and a half. The problem is with this medicine is the akathisa, I started with 20 mg, I was prescribed cogentin, it helps, I seem to be good with the 20mg of latuda, I don't want to stop this medication it works good for me, I can't increase my med because of the akathisa, there are other medicines out there . I hope this helps others"

Ugeneus April 15, 2016