User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Bipolar Disorder

"Well let me tell you about this so called latuda. I started it May 10 2017 20 mg once daily it is now June 7 I stopped cold turkey. I hated it first week lost my voice made my sugar go up, then week two bad muscle pain on right side, week 3 look out the panic attacks started running to ER every other day & bad rash. It might work for some but for me no I will NEVER EVER take this med again"

Bubbles72 June 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking Latuda now for approximately 6 weeks. I've noticed an increase in my desire to get up and move and overall wellness. I no longer think everyone is out to get me and actually enjoy going to work everyday. I had trouble falling asleep the first two weeks but that has subsided. One downfall is my blood pressure has been low (90/60) and has caused some light headedness. All in all if am also very blessed that my dr. introduced me to Latuda."

Ckeeter June 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Latuda has made me considerably moodier, over-reactive and mean, and EXTREMELY drowsy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Latuda is the fastest acting drug for bipolar depression I've experienced, without side effects. I was frankly dubious about ever finding anything that would work. Dr. prescribed it as an add on to Lamictal, which is a slow-acting drug. I took Latuda at 5 PM and the next day I was feeling noticeably better. On my 3rd day and I feel better than yesterday. If all goes well, this could be a miracle drug for me, even though it's too soon to know. It's been months after a mania episode that I've wind-down to a depressed state, that is not severe but has been constant, where I can't even remember the path to a thought pattern that isn't guilty, hopeless, or without pleasure. I've regained a peace of mind required to get therapeutic learned skills"

Friendly Ways May 20, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Did not help depression and caused involuntary facial expressions even after stopping. Permanent... raised sugar diabetic???"

Anonymous May 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on Latuda now for about a month. I've had no side effects and definitely feel much better. Haven't had any episodes and my depression has subsided. Couldn't be happier."

Nice Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am taking this for bipolar. I'm not taking it in any combination of other meds. So far I have had only good results. I was told it could have sedative affects but the opposite has been true with me. When I do fall asleep then I sleep just fine. Haven't experienced any weight gain. Latuda has helped me much more than anything else I have ever taken. I am a veteran and also have PTSD and it has even seemed to help with that. I recommend this drug, just give it a fair try. Some side affects diminish or go away over time."

Chaca35 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used Latuda for bipolar 2 depression for over a week. It was very expensive! I could feel a slight difference, more positive mood after a week, but nausea even after taking pill after a full large meal. The reason I stopped taking it was because two hours after taking the pill, I would fall asleep. Not just be tired but actually fall asleep at work. The naps I would take after taking the pill when at home were not fully rested, I would get chills, had to have layers of blankets for 3-4 hours. Then once I woke up I would feel fine but it would have ruined my sleep pattern for the night ahead. I think it will work well for someone who does wont experience those side effects. I would give it a try. Stay positive!"

MyFightSong (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have bipolar 2. Lamotrigene 400mg of lamotrigene has taken away anger and irritability. I was still crying over everything so my psychitrist put me on latuda 20 mg for 1 month. First week projectile vomiting every other day for a week. Saw no benefit. I was bumped to 40. Immediately I felt semi anxious. Day 5 almost had a panic attack out of the blue. This med is not right for me. It really scared me how anxious and panicky I became on 40 mg. I am stopping after I call my doctor."

Nugget1 May 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on 20mg at night. It helped to clear my head from severe manic and help get me closer to stable, but, I had read all the reviews so was familiar and was prepared for all side effects...except one. I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), which of course is very unpredictable and hard to control as it is. I normally have an episode once or twice a week. But within 2 weeks of taking latuda, I was having 4 to 6 major episodes a day. I called my Dr. and we agreed that it was best I stop it immediately and we would try something else. I do take another medication, so this was to just help bring me back up out of a severe manic until I am more stable."

SaraAshlie (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I consider this drug, which I've been on since 2012, the backbone of my psychiatric treatment, although my regimen also includes Lamictal and Wellbutrin. When I first took it I was shocked because the next day I went to the gym to work out, something I hadn't been able to do/enjoy in quite some time due to anhedonia. Initially as my doctor had me titrating up I experienced some TD at night, but that soon abated. Now, at 80 mg nightly, I still rely on this medication to keep me functional. It didn't put weight on me either. I had some issues with health insurance this year and was forced to go off of it and boy did I feel a difference. It really lifts my depression. Thank God I'm back on it again."

Bipolarcheer (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on latuda 2 weeks (20 mg) so I'm rating this medication based on short-term use. It's been wonderful so far. I've been on Lamictal + Neurontin for the past year and a half, and I was rapidly cycling instead of feeling genuinely stable or good. Latuda has really stabilized me. I feel "good" every day, if not really good/great. I have energy, but not manic/frenzied/restless. "Good mood" for me always carried the additional symptom of manic/tormenting agitation. I was afraid to take an antipsychotic because of the fear of weight gain. However, I have had no weight gain so far on Latuda. My appetite has been the same. I am also sleeping well. Latuda helps me fall asleep. No major side effects."

elf_1984 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on Latuda recently after switching from Zyprexa because Zyprexa made me extremely fatigued. Latuda doesn't make me as tired except for when I'm driving, when I feel like I'm about to fall asleep at the wheel and sometimes do close my eyes. In addition I'm hungrier than normal and even though I'm only eating 1,000 calories or less a day and am exercising at least 4 times a week I am not losing weight. I feel like I am suffering pointlessly for this. It hasn't helped my depression either. I am irritable a lot of the time and am still having mood swings. I think it may be time for me to quit meds for good. They haven't worked for anyone else in my family so why should they work for me? I need to get off of them."

Yeti3 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today is day 3 on Latuda. First night I had to take a xanax to go to sleep, day 2 I fell asleep in my own. Tonight I still have no symptoms. I'm feeling better after 3 days. I am highly sensitive to medication and was extremely frightened to start it. I'm very happy so far."

CKeeter (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very good medication. I tolerated it well. Makes me very relaxed, and calm mood. But tired and little motivation."

Mellowme11 April 22, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first week and a half was unbearable. Severe anxiety, depression, and crazy vivid nightmares... then it was like a light was switched on and everything felt great. I was just upped to 40mg a week ago today and now I am back to severe anxiety, depression, and vivid nightmares... I really hope this pulls through for me once again or I am going back down to 20mg. My relationship was blossoming now I feel we are struggling once more, I refuse to lose my happiness due to this mental disorder!"

Angiebobangie April 22, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took for one month in the midst of a deep depression (2 weeks at 20mg, then 2 weeks at 40mg). It flipped me into a mixed mania - even worse - so I discontinued it, but not before it jacked my weight up 15 lbs."

Gone Bananas (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrible drug! My doctor tried it as augmentation therapy for my depression, to take with my Trintellix. The starting baby dose of 20mg flew me over the edge in two weeks. I became angry, agitated, and very aggressive. A neighbor make me so angry coming out of our condo parking garage the wrong way that I later slit tires on his car. Not at all like me! Thank God he accepted payment for new tires and didn't press charges. Perhaps the nastiest med I have ever taken. And VERY expensive without good insurance."

Ratluvr (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on the medicine exactly 1 month for my Depression with severe anxiety . The first 3 weeks I was on 20mg, and the first week and a half was the absolute worst. Everything felt wrong, my relationship, my job, my whole life... but I have been feeling this way for quite some time... I also got very vivid dreams and nightmares. However after a week and a half (my boyfriend says this as well) it is like a light switched on inside my head and everything got better. Not fantastic but a whole lot better. Yeah there were issues in my life and my relationship has been rocky but I had optimism and felt love that I had not felt in a long time <3 5 days ago, I was increased to 40mg and here comes the absolute worst again... but this time I KNOW it will get better. Don't give up!"

Angiebobangie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on Latuda for a week and it made me way worse. Now that I'm off of it the depression is much worse."

Disappointed 2 April 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It has been working since going from 20mg to 40mg I am able to deal with stress better decreased rage. But I have noticed decreased appetite and decreased sex drive. Will be looking at adding other meds to bring up my mood. I still get depression symptoms throughout the week not all days. I am reluctant to increase my dosage to 60mg will try it out for a few more weeks have been on it for almost 3 months"

MommaK82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My husband was recently diagnosed with being bipolar and psychologist up his latuda from 20 mg to 60mg and I feel like that is a huge jump."

Mead75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Relieved symptoms of severe depression but caused terrible, debilitating dry eyes. I have mild dry eye disease under normal circumstances, and dry eyes are *not* listed as a side effect for Latuda. It got to the point though where I was unable to do anything because of my dry eye discomfort. I got severely tense and anxious, which kind of negated any positive effect from the Latuda. So, we stopped it, and my dry eyes went away."

Charlie Hondo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm hoping my comments reaches out to those who like me gave up on medication time and time again as it affected their work outs. As a long distance runner and someone suffering from years of major PTSD and Anxiety, it was nearly impossible to have the stamina to run while on meds. I'd have to grin and bear the struggles of my PTSD without meds during my years of marathon training. Cymbalta and Latuda have been the perfect combination for me. Though Latuda is more for Bi-Polar, it has helped many people with PTSD, like myself. I have no weight gain and I have plenty of stamina to do my running. I'm so grateful to God and my doctor for finding the best program for me. If you're an athlete, help is out there."

SoCalPhilly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2017

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Latuda was horrible in my case. I was so wound up I couldn't sleep or sit down. I had what felt like all day long panic and even a Xanax didn't stop it. I was sweating and hyperventilating and felt a constant choking sensation I think from panicking. This is my experience it may be someone else's miracle drug. It did ease the depression and mood swings but the side effects were not worth it. On the plus side I gave it a 3 because I was never hungry and dropped 20 pounds."

Sunflower1985 March 14, 2017