User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Schizophrenia

"Started on 10mg-increased to 20 then to 40. The blurry vision cleared up for the most part after a few months. Latuda definitely makes me feel better. Not 100%... but better. Having to take with 350 calories is difficult, especially before bed and the weight gain was pretty bad but then started taking calcium, magnesium, zinc and dropped the weight... weird... but it works. Just need to make sure the magnesium is maleate... others make me to tired."

Capri2002 September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on it about a month. I've lost all motivation to do anything other than sleep. I'm nervous all the time. I can't feel my left hand. I have nightmares every night. I've lost all desire to eat. My vision is blurry. My psychiatrist is of no use as he only works three hours a week since he's borrowed from another program and I have no way to get in touch with him. this is why I don't trust doctors."

CaffeineHermit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First off I would like to say none of these medications are effective to me, they have never helped me in any considerable way. I was diagnosed schizophrenic but for the most part it was the anxiety controlling my life, never the hallucinations. Every medication on the market besides two or three cause an enormous amount of weight gain and intolerable side effects with no legal recourse if encountered. The pharmaceutical industry has hired many attorneys and lobbyists to destroy all liability in the event of a potential hazardous or death inducing side effect for the most part. In California it is impossible to sue a doctor (psychiatrist) who commits malpractice due to the cap on awards. It's all snake oil but with actual side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Latuda for 5 weeks now first week 20 mg second week 40 mg the third week 80 mg the fourth week 120 mg 5th week 160 mg. Side effects of sedation, constipation. It has not started to uplift my mood I wonder how long will it take for it to motivate me. No increase in my appetite thank God."

Cotrina August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking 60 mg of Latuda nine days ago for schizoaffective disorder. After a few days, I felt much more positive, hopeful and cognitively clearer than I had while I took 60 mg of Geodon. However, in this short time I have decided that the side effects of Latuda are simply intolerable. I've had increased appetite; breast tenderness; and inability to have an orgasm. I'm going back to Geodon, but I'll be taking a reduced dose (40 mg). As much as I hate the anxiety and sedation involved with Geodon, those side effects are more manageable for me than the ones I've experienced with Latuda."

Latuda review (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this medication for nearly two years at the highest dose of 120mg for schizophrenia. It completely helped with my hallucinations and delusional thinking. I had been on 650mg of seroquel previous to starting Latuda and I would still hear voices. I take latuda with a snack at 8pm and I am ready for sleep between 930 - 10pm and sleep well through the night. My only complaint is that it does cause an increase in appetite and weight gain. At this present time I take 900mg lithium, 150mg luvox, 72mg concerta and Latuda dose has been lowered to 80mg. I have noticed that my appetite has decreased. Delusions and hallucinations have not returned."

Kay.tay July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Latuda now for about 1 ½ years because of Paranoid Schizophrenia. I am on the max dose of 120mg taken every night before bed. I have absolutely no side effects at all, tried ability before it, was hit with a wave of side effects, and then switched to Latuda as it was unbearable, been happy ever since with it. Also take 3-400mg of Seroquel daily and 4mg of Imozop(Benzo) before bed."

Nebbyr July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Diagnosed as bipolar with depression and severe anxiety years ago, however my reason for Latuda doesn't quite fit in the "bipolar" category, so I'm posting it here. I have been on another AAP (Zyprexa) for two years, but it doesn't cover all the bases for me. Got to the point where "paranoid thoughts" (as my Dr calls them) dominated a lot of my time. I was blockading my door, wouldn't leave my appartment after dark, etc. Dr added 40mg of Latuda to my cocktail. I don't know how long it took, but one night I realized thatI haven't been blocking the door. Sadly, I gained 15lbs in two months so I tried to quit the Latuda. As soon as I did, I went right back to paranoid me. I will have to deal with the weight (only side effect for me) to keep semi sane."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started latuda last May for my schizophrenia. I developed schizophrenia when I was 16 (4 years ago) but after being on like 6 billion types of medications, this one seemed to work best..the side effects were the worst! I remember one experience clearly. I was on vacation at the beach last summer and I took a latuda pill before going out to eat with my family. It kicked in after 30 min time. All of a sudden, I began feeling extremely sleepy, dizzy, and I had EXTREME akathisia? So terrible, I couldn't explain it and to top it off, my heart was racing I was having a panic attack! In the restaurant! And at the same time I was sleepy as hell, but I kept my cool. My mum took me back to the hotel where I immediately fell asleep..terrible"

kyla9697 March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Latuda for about 5 months. First two weeks at 20mg - worked fine. Thought clearer, overall better mood. Two weeks later I was bumped up to 40mg - problems ensued. Severe restlessness (akathisia). Was then bumped up to 80mg, then 120, then down to 100... the akathisia became more unbearable at every dose. That, and my brain started feeling overly stimulated and my body gained this sense of underlying fear. Plus, I gained TERRIBLE anxiety. I can verify the anxiety stemmed from the Latuda because I forgot to take my meds one night and it was gone by the following morning. I'm giving Latuda a 6 because I know how it felt when it worked properly and I know it benefits many. Unfortunately, things just didn't work out for me big picture."

peterfancypants March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I generally suffer from bipolar, anxiety and some form of psychosis, the delusions from psychosis caused most of my anxiety and I had to be put on Wellbutrin, risperodone, and klonopin. With this medication my simptoms of psychosis are much better relieved and I was able to withdraw from using klonopin all the time to control my anxiety. I found what I needed."

Rafael21212199 March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Latuda for schizoaffective for the past 14 months. I have been sleeping like a baby and have no delusions what so ever. BUT I have been very addicted to temptations. I have been drinking a lot more than usual and I gained a total of 20kg in these 14 months. My lifestyle is not helping either. I just feel empty, careless, disorganized and unhappy. I do not have motivation to even wash the dishes or dress up like I used to. I am ready to switch to another medication but this med is good for delusions. One of the severe side effects that I have experiences is I have been talking to myself. Repeating my thoughts out loud all day everyday."

artesianwater (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Few days on it. Ability didn't work for me. Doctor has me on cogentin and Inderal for akathisia. Taking Trilafon also. Quiting Klonopin slowly, taking Adderall for sleep issues: hypersomnia. Taking Paxil bc it was good in the past(20years ago). Slightly hypomanic which is good for socializing but not for calm mind. Can't keep a calm mind, not hearing voices, but having a discussion with imaginary person in my head. Is this Pyschosis bc I would hate to get off AD(Paxil) which is great for social phobia"

GOODERSHOES (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"you can go insane if you get off this drug cold-turkey and if your drinking/drugs inbetween you will end up at the hospital like me, i stopped using for 3 months now, the last few days have been a nightmare I was smoking weed while not taking latuda, and I had a depressive breakdown where i ended up in emergency twice in the past 4 days, i was so fatigued my eyes were shutting on their own and i thought i was going to die if i fall asleep, its a feeling of insanity dont mess around with this drug. Go step by step as your doctor tells you, overall the drug has its ups and downs some of the side effects are dreadfull, goodluck"

cylixir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"this medication gave me a bad reaction, it gave me restlessness in my legs and suicidal thoughts, i don't recommend this drug for me personally."

jodubz October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was told that Latuda is a better tablet than taking my older tablet which is stelazine 10ml a day only side affect was that it made me tired all the time and I was sleeping that's all. So I'm now on 60ml a day I had side effects bad ones and worse thing happened tonight i have never in my life been so aggressive against my daughter and my husband ....never had I been like that on Stelazine ..never... My husband was in tears tonight because of my attitude and my aggressive behavior ...I didn't feel any remorse what so ever, definitely not a good tablet for me. I have both Schizophrenia and Bipolar and depression. I don't care how hard it is to get Stelazine but I'm going to go back on the stelazine its so much better for me and my family."

Nettie1963 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Latuda 40 mg for six weeks. Doctor put me at 80 yesterday and the restlessness I experienced last night was unbearable. All day I haven't been able to stop moving my feet and legs. Called the doctor today and she said continue taking it and go to the emergency room if the symptoms get worse. PLEASE HELP. Does the restlessness go away !!?????"

Uj8514 September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take been taking Latuda for year i have gone to 40mg up 80mg I can take 40mgs but it doesn't help and 80mgs makes me feel high and i hate that feeling and the voices don't stop or seeing shadows where people are wearing black gowns i still need more help i can't work because i feel like everybody talking about me all the time but worst thing is seeing things thats not really there"

Renee65 August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Latuda has been a hero in my battle against schizophrenia. Aside from having to take with food and having trouble cooling off in hot weather I am very glad to have latuda. This drug makes it impossible for me to function acceptably in life due to side effects such as sedation and other cognitive issues. So I accept that gladly as it cures my schizophrenia. I take 120 mg each day. I try to save my pill as late in the day as I can but usually take it around one o clock. So I cannot function at a job acceptably and need help functioning at home occasionally but my schizophrenia is entirely in check for the most part."

Vaper August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I remember going into a deep depression where I didn't want to live anymore. Being from an african background it was hard to explain this to my family as they don't believe in things like depression. This made things a bit worse for me. I would have panic attacks at work and suffer from racing suicidal thoughts. One day I had a psychotic episode and ended up being sectioned for a month. I refused medication at first because of all the horrible stories. However, I gave in. I started on 20mg then it was upped to 74mg. This was the greatest decision of my life. I have never felt so happy and grateful for my life. I can laugh again without faking my emotions, i can eat again I can sleep again. This is a miracle drug!!!!"

Maddy23 June 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After years of thinking life was over and I would have to live with paranoia in public, voices in my head and uncomfortable horrific feelings for life I tried this and within a month it evenly spreaded what I was once missing in my head from being traumatized by the death of my grandpa. At first my tounge was numb and anxiety was high the next day after taking 40mg at night with food but taking serequel or hydroxzine every 6 hours frequently they coordinated perfect with each other and through out my experience I forgot about the thoughts, delusions, and was able to live my life care free as my psychosis being a bad memory"

Healing Process (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for 2 years now. First year, it worked like a wonder pill. Minimal side effects such as nausea and drowsiness after in jesting it. Some times I would have a feeling of impending doom like if my life was going to end after I took the pill. Later this medicine turned out horrible. I don't know what a night sleep is. It causes me severe insomnia. I feel always tired even after sleeping 15 hours. I'm suffering from a severe depression from this medicine. It makes me irritable and angry. It drains me of motivation. The only thing I can say good about this medicine, is that it has caused me no weight gain whatsoever. This medication drains me from being able to live life."

I love latuda June 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on Latina by my doc along with my geodon. Couldn't eat anything or I threw up everything including my other meds I got extremely psychotic so once off it I felt a whole lot better with a small amount of seroquel added instead"

Katenator1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrific experience. Was only on it for 1 week (40mg). Muddled thoughts, numb tongue, restlessness, severe insomnia, nausea."

Nance34 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"40mg for Schizoaffective Disorder: Somewhat improved my paranoia, insomnia and intrusive thoughts. However it made my body feel extremely tense and agitated. I can hardly describe how horrendous this feeling was, like every cell in my body was screaming, like I needed to physically explode. I would try to pace around to relieve it, but nothing worked, and I felt exhausted at the same time, so I would lie down, but the feeling was unbearable so I would get right back up again. It was maddening. My pdoc gave me a beta blocker to make it go away, but that didn't work. After a month on this med I just quit it cold turkey as I was terrified of it, felt like I could not handle one more night of feeling that way."

CakePop (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016