User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Schizophrenia

"I remember going into a deep depression where I didn't want to live anymore. Being from an african background it was hard to explain this to my family as they don't believe in things like depression. This made things a bit worse for me. I would have panic attacks at work and suffer from racing suicidal thoughts. One day I had a psychotic episode and ended up being sectioned for a month. I refused medication at first because of all the horrible stories. However, I gave in. I started on 20mg then it was upped to 74mg. This was the greatest decision of my life. I have never felt so happy and grateful for my life. I can laugh again without faking my emotions, i can eat again I can sleep again. This is a miracle drug!!!!"

Maddy23 June 28, 2016

"After years of thinking life was over and I would have to live with paranoia in public, voices in my head and uncomfortable horrific feelings for life I tried this and within a month it evenly spreaded what I was once missing in my head from being traumatized by the death of my grandpa. At first my tounge was numb and anxiety was high the next day after taking 40mg at night with food but taking serequel or hydroxzine every 6 hours frequently they coordinated perfect with each other and through out my experience I forgot about the thoughts, delusions, and was able to live my life care free as my psychosis being a bad memory"

Healing Process (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

"I have been taking this medication for 2 years now. First year, it worked like a wonder pill. Minimal side effects such as nausea and drowsiness after in jesting it. Some times I would have a feeling of impending doom like if my life was going to end after I took the pill. Later this medicine turned out horrible. I don't know what a night sleep is. It causes me severe insomnia. I feel always tired even after sleeping 15 hours. I'm suffering from a severe depression from this medicine. It makes me irritable and angry. It drains me of motivation. The only thing I can say good about this medicine, is that it has caused me no weight gain whatsoever. This medication drains me from being able to live life."

I love latuda June 19, 2016

"I was put on Latina by my doc along with my geodon. Couldn't eat anything or I threw up everything including my other meds I got extremely psychotic so once off it I felt a whole lot better with a small amount of seroquel added instead"

Katenator1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

"Horrific experience. Was only on it for 1 week (40mg). Muddled thoughts, numb tongue, restlessness, severe insomnia, nausea."

Nance34 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

"40mg for Schizoaffective Disorder: Somewhat improved my paranoia, insomnia and intrusive thoughts. However it made my body feel extremely tense and agitated. I can hardly describe how horrendous this feeling was, like every cell in my body was screaming, like I needed to physically explode. I would try to pace around to relieve it, but nothing worked, and I felt exhausted at the same time, so I would lie down, but the feeling was unbearable so I would get right back up again. It was maddening. My pdoc gave me a beta blocker to make it go away, but that didn't work. After a month on this med I just quit it cold turkey as I was terrified of it, felt like I could not handle one more night of feeling that way."

CakePop (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

"I put a 5/10 rating because I have just started taking Latuda 20mg. The only side effect I have noticed is feeling drowsier than usual. I am most likely going to give it 1-2 weeks before jumping to the conclusion that it doesn't work (as I was notorious for doing that after like 2 days of taking the medication). I am also taking Wellbutrin 300mg and Trazadone 50mg. I find I take Latuda after dinner or late snack as it does make me drowsy. However the Trazadone is like a miracle drug for me. Before I was taking it and when I took a break from it when I couldn't afford them at the time I had the most restless sleeps imaginable. Was skeptical about starting Latuda as I am also taking 2 other medications. But Psychiatrist said it was safe."

VickyTheVetAssistant March 17, 2016

"We have heard of the Latuda 20-40 mg restlessness/sense of muscle quiver being controlled by a small .5mg Benztropine daily dosage taken with the Latuda. Both were taken in evening as it seemed to help with sleep. I believe Benztropine may normally be given for Parkinson. This was suggested by an experienced Psychiatrist who reviewed medications looking for one that had the side effect to address and to help with the sense of muscle quiver."

Restlessness Solution (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

"Works great. Took away the voices I was hearing. I don't really experience side effects."

Mrs 7 December 7, 2015

"Needs to be taken with food. Worked well for about a year then It gave me random bouts of severe depression and fatigue. I think when I was taking this I had more homicidal thoughts. Thank GOD I don't suffer from these side effects anymore. I'll stick to my abilify."

AnonymousGal November 28, 2015

"I have been taking 60mg for Schitzoaffective disorder. Have come off Flupenthixol and am now coming off Seroquel. Best I've felt in years. Much happier. Delusions are gone, not hearing voices or misinterpretting things. I take it in the morning with food but have found when I drink Jamacian tea I throw up and have a swore stomach at night. Have switched to decafe tea with lemon juice."

EmmaParsons November 21, 2015

"After yrs on with a number of meds all these arguments in my head are starting to quite down some and starting to make sense 50 pounds later and completely isolated from the world feeling like I can make a reality check and at least have hope of a better and brighter day just checked out after an episode and hope they got it right finally. Started @40 and just ate and took my first 60... Feeling positive at least with sample packs"

confused November 3, 2015

"One day at work I felt an explosion in my head after that i thought that undercover cops were watching me following me couldn't sleep at all eventually had a psychotic break Checked in to Psycho ward released and prescribed Zyprexa. After gaining about 50 pounds and feeling like a zombie I tried latuda within a couple weeks started to feel better. I had much more energy sleeping a normal 6-8 hours wakeing up refreshed and ready to take on the day,confidence back able to go out in public.after a few months with an active life style all the weight i had gained on zyprexa fell off. normal again Great. Side Effects: memory loss,dry mouth. Dose:20 mg night"

Hip-Hop93sound (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2015

"After a casual conference with the people arguing in my head, we decided to give Latuda a try. My first 20mg pill went down my esophagus without any problems whatsoever. I have high hopes for this drug therapy. Blessed Be."

SillyWitch206 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

"I've only been on this medication for 2 days but at 60mg once daily it dries my mouth out terribly and my mind is blank when around people. Hoping to move down to 40mg and if that doesn't work 20mg, If my doctor lets me. Trying to get the right dose is so stressful."

MD00023 August 29, 2015

"I only started this yesterday and today I already can feel that things are easier to deal with!! I'm looking forward to feeling somewhat normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

"So far the med has me feeling terrible akasthia when I take it at night. Im switching from risperdone 2 mg to latuda 80 mg and I dread taking the pill at night because I know I'll feel like im jumping out of my skin"

Travis0908 July 18, 2015

"I took latuda with Lithum and ended up in the hospital for 2 months. I don't know if it was the mixture but I was doing all right on Lithum. When I Started Latuda I started to fell funny not myself. When I was in the hospital I lost movement in my body and I was going down hill fast. After about 4 weeks I started going the other way but I needed physical and occupational therapy to walk and move my arms plus my breathing was no good. This was the end on December and here it is June and still going though therapy. Not a good experience with Latuda."

mike 12345 June 9, 2015

"I take several meds for my mood disorder. It is difficult to truly evaluate the medication fully, but also I just started it one week ago. I am taking Latuda 40mg and I plan to ask the doctor to adjust it to 80mg. Some people experience restlessness which can be controlled with a sedative or congentin. I am still tapering off of Zyprexa and I am noticing some moodiness, but I also take Adderall which helps me concentrate and stay focus around people which is my biggest fear. I hope it works out for me as it does for others to."

JaniceUber May 2, 2015

"Just started it today. Doctor wants to stop the Haldol and taper off the Zyprexa. I also take something for ADD which helps the intrusive thoughts which then allows me to finally concentrate. No nausea as others have stated and just a mild sleepiness. See doctor in 2 weeks."

JUIN56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

"I have suffered for 8 years been hospitalized and tried many different meds with side effects varying and different levels of therapeutic results for my schizophrenia/bipolar disorders. A few months ago I had a severe schizophrenic episode was hospitalized and went from a high dose of Seroquel to a high dose of Abilify. Once home, I experienced severe muscle spasms, insane restlessness, and weight gain. I knew I could not tolerate the medication but I wasn't stable enough or even completely to a good baseline despite the high dose. My doc introduced me to Latuda and it was a miracle pill almost immediately. My weight continued to creep up on it but that is my only complaint. I take 20 mg with no nausea or side effects."

Annie T April 18, 2015

"My daughter is on this med she is 23. Her dr. Told her to take at dinner time 300 calories or more she eats about 6 or 7 because it makes her a little tried. But she still love doing things outdoors. I thank god for this med. It works for her."

C1ERRA March 15, 2015

"Since starting latuda at 20mg a day and now up to 120mg a day. My life has more balance and no depression. My only concern is my psychosis is still the same but my hallucinations have dropped off."

wintergaze March 8, 2015

"I am on day #10 of this medication and the side effects are very minimal although I am having trouble sleeping. My sleep patterns have been affected. I feel more energetic, as If I have to be doing something. My mind will not stop repeating the same thoughts, over and over again. I am also very hungry and have an increased appetite. It does however, cause me to think about things differently as I know what my general reaction to things would be, or have been in the past, but, it allows me time to think of an alternative besides being explosive. It has calmed me, and more than once, has helped me to cope with a situation differently and more calmly. Overall, I think I'm doing well so far. I plan to continue this medication for some time."

MrEndure (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

"My wife started getting non-stop dark and intrusive thoughts. Diagnosis was psychotic depression or atypical bipolar depression with psychotic features. She took Latuda for three weeks, and it simply didn't work at all. The only thing good I can say is that she didn't suffer any side effects. She went from 20mg to 60mg."

Beakybird (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014