User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Schizophrenia

"I started latuda last May for my schizophrenia. I developed schizophrenia when I was 16 (4 years ago) but after being on like 6 billion types of medications, this one seemed to work best..the side effects were the worst! I remember one experience clearly. I was on vacation at the beach last summer and I took a latuda pill before going out to eat with my family. It kicked in after 30 min time. All of a sudden, I began feeling extremely sleepy, dizzy, and I had EXTREME akathisia? So terrible, I couldn't explain it and to top it off, my heart was racing I was having a panic attack! In the restaurant! And at the same time I was sleepy as hell, but I kept my cool. My mum took me back to the hotel where I immediately fell asleep..terrible"

kyla9697 March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took Latuda for about 5 months. First two weeks at 20mg - worked fine. Thought clearer, overall better mood. Two weeks later I was bumped up to 40mg - problems ensued. Severe restlessness (akathisia). Was then bumped up to 80mg, then 120, then down to 100... the akathisia became more unbearable at every dose. That, and my brain started feeling overly stimulated and my body gained this sense of underlying fear. Plus, I gained TERRIBLE anxiety. I can verify the anxiety stemmed from the Latuda because I forgot to take my meds one night and it was gone by the following morning. I'm giving Latuda a 6 because I know how it felt when it worked properly and I know it benefits many. Unfortunately, things just didn't work out for me big picture."

peterfancypants March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I generally suffer from bipolar, anxiety and some form of psychosis, the delusions from psychosis caused most of my anxiety and I had to be put on Wellbutrin, risperodone, and klonopin. With this medication my simptoms of psychosis are much better relieved and I was able to withdraw from using klonopin all the time to control my anxiety. I found what I needed."

Rafael21212199 March 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking Latuda for schizoaffective for the past 14 months. I have been sleeping like a baby and have no delusions what so ever. BUT I have been very addicted to temptations. I have been drinking a lot more than usual and I gained a total of 20kg in these 14 months. My lifestyle is not helping either. I just feel empty, careless, disorganized and unhappy. I do not have motivation to even wash the dishes or dress up like I used to. I am ready to switch to another medication but this med is good for delusions. One of the severe side effects that I have experiences is I have been talking to myself. Repeating my thoughts out loud all day everyday."

artesianwater (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Few days on it. Ability didn't work for me. Doctor has me on cogentin and Inderal for akathisia. Taking Trilafon also. Quiting Klonopin slowly, taking Adderall for sleep issues: hypersomnia. Taking Paxil bc it was good in the past(20years ago). Slightly hypomanic which is good for socializing but not for calm mind. Can't keep a calm mind, not hearing voices, but having a discussion with imaginary person in my head. Is this Pyschosis bc I would hate to get off AD(Paxil) which is great for social phobia"

GOODERSHOES (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"you can go insane if you get off this drug cold-turkey and if your drinking/drugs inbetween you will end up at the hospital like me, i stopped using for 3 months now, the last few days have been a nightmare I was smoking weed while not taking latuda, and I had a depressive breakdown where i ended up in emergency twice in the past 4 days, i was so fatigued my eyes were shutting on their own and i thought i was going to die if i fall asleep, its a feeling of insanity dont mess around with this drug. Go step by step as your doctor tells you, overall the drug has its ups and downs some of the side effects are dreadfull, goodluck"

cylixir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"this medication gave me a bad reaction, it gave me restlessness in my legs and suicidal thoughts, i don't recommend this drug for me personally."

jodubz October 8, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was told that Latuda is a better tablet than taking my older tablet which is stelazine 10ml a day only side affect was that it made me tired all the time and I was sleeping that's all. So I'm now on 60ml a day I had side effects bad ones and worse thing happened tonight i have never in my life been so aggressive against my daughter and my husband ....never had I been like that on Stelazine ..never... My husband was in tears tonight because of my attitude and my aggressive behavior ...I didn't feel any remorse what so ever, definitely not a good tablet for me. I have both Schizophrenia and Bipolar and depression. I don't care how hard it is to get Stelazine but I'm going to go back on the stelazine its so much better for me and my family."

Nettie1963 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on Latuda 40 mg for six weeks. Doctor put me at 80 yesterday and the restlessness I experienced last night was unbearable. All day I haven't been able to stop moving my feet and legs. Called the doctor today and she said continue taking it and go to the emergency room if the symptoms get worse. PLEASE HELP. Does the restlessness go away !!?????"

Uj8514 September 15, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take been taking Latuda for year i have gone to 40mg up 80mg I can take 40mgs but it doesn't help and 80mgs makes me feel high and i hate that feeling and the voices don't stop or seeing shadows where people are wearing black gowns i still need more help i can't work because i feel like everybody talking about me all the time but worst thing is seeing things thats not really there"

Renee65 August 15, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Latuda has been a hero in my battle against schizophrenia. Aside from having to take with food and having trouble cooling off in hot weather I am very glad to have latuda. This drug makes it impossible for me to function acceptably in life due to side effects such as sedation and other cognitive issues. So I accept that gladly as it cures my schizophrenia. I take 120 mg each day. I try to save my pill as late in the day as I can but usually take it around one o clock. So I cannot function at a job acceptably and need help functioning at home occasionally but my schizophrenia is entirely in check for the most part."

Vaper August 12, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I remember going into a deep depression where I didn't want to live anymore. Being from an african background it was hard to explain this to my family as they don't believe in things like depression. This made things a bit worse for me. I would have panic attacks at work and suffer from racing suicidal thoughts. One day I had a psychotic episode and ended up being sectioned for a month. I refused medication at first because of all the horrible stories. However, I gave in. I started on 20mg then it was upped to 74mg. This was the greatest decision of my life. I have never felt so happy and grateful for my life. I can laugh again without faking my emotions, i can eat again I can sleep again. This is a miracle drug!!!!"

Maddy23 June 28, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After years of thinking life was over and I would have to live with paranoia in public, voices in my head and uncomfortable horrific feelings for life I tried this and within a month it evenly spreaded what I was once missing in my head from being traumatized by the death of my grandpa. At first my tounge was numb and anxiety was high the next day after taking 40mg at night with food but taking serequel or hydroxzine every 6 hours frequently they coordinated perfect with each other and through out my experience I forgot about the thoughts, delusions, and was able to live my life care free as my psychosis being a bad memory"

Healing Process (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this medication for 2 years now. First year, it worked like a wonder pill. Minimal side effects such as nausea and drowsiness after in jesting it. Some times I would have a feeling of impending doom like if my life was going to end after I took the pill. Later this medicine turned out horrible. I don't know what a night sleep is. It causes me severe insomnia. I feel always tired even after sleeping 15 hours. I'm suffering from a severe depression from this medicine. It makes me irritable and angry. It drains me of motivation. The only thing I can say good about this medicine, is that it has caused me no weight gain whatsoever. This medication drains me from being able to live life."

I love latuda June 19, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on Latina by my doc along with my geodon. Couldn't eat anything or I threw up everything including my other meds I got extremely psychotic so once off it I felt a whole lot better with a small amount of seroquel added instead"

Katenator1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrific experience. Was only on it for 1 week (40mg). Muddled thoughts, numb tongue, restlessness, severe insomnia, nausea."

Nance34 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"40mg for Schizoaffective Disorder: Somewhat improved my paranoia, insomnia and intrusive thoughts. However it made my body feel extremely tense and agitated. I can hardly describe how horrendous this feeling was, like every cell in my body was screaming, like I needed to physically explode. I would try to pace around to relieve it, but nothing worked, and I felt exhausted at the same time, so I would lie down, but the feeling was unbearable so I would get right back up again. It was maddening. My pdoc gave me a beta blocker to make it go away, but that didn't work. After a month on this med I just quit it cold turkey as I was terrified of it, felt like I could not handle one more night of feeling that way."

CakePop (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I put a 5/10 rating because I have just started taking Latuda 20mg. The only side effect I have noticed is feeling drowsier than usual. I am most likely going to give it 1-2 weeks before jumping to the conclusion that it doesn't work (as I was notorious for doing that after like 2 days of taking the medication). I am also taking Wellbutrin 300mg and Trazadone 50mg. I find I take Latuda after dinner or late snack as it does make me drowsy. However the Trazadone is like a miracle drug for me. Before I was taking it and when I took a break from it when I couldn't afford them at the time I had the most restless sleeps imaginable. Was skeptical about starting Latuda as I am also taking 2 other medications. But Psychiatrist said it was safe."

VickyTheVetAssistant March 17, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"We have heard of the Latuda 20-40 mg restlessness/sense of muscle quiver being controlled by a small .5mg Benztropine daily dosage taken with the Latuda. Both were taken in evening as it seemed to help with sleep. I believe Benztropine may normally be given for Parkinson. This was suggested by an experienced Psychiatrist who reviewed medications looking for one that had the side effect to address and to help with the sense of muscle quiver."

Restlessness Solution (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Works great. Took away the voices I was hearing. I don't really experience side effects."

Mrs 7 December 7, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Needs to be taken with food. Worked well for about a year then It gave me random bouts of severe depression and fatigue. I think when I was taking this I had more homicidal thoughts. Thank GOD I don't suffer from these side effects anymore. I'll stick to my abilify."

AnonymousGal November 28, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking 60mg for Schitzoaffective disorder. Have come off Flupenthixol and am now coming off Seroquel. Best I've felt in years. Much happier. Delusions are gone, not hearing voices or misinterpretting things. I take it in the morning with food but have found when I drink Jamacian tea I throw up and have a swore stomach at night. Have switched to decafe tea with lemon juice."

EmmaParsons November 21, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After yrs on with a number of meds all these arguments in my head are starting to quite down some and starting to make sense 50 pounds later and completely isolated from the world feeling like I can make a reality check and at least have hope of a better and brighter day just checked out after an episode and hope they got it right finally. Started @40 and just ate and took my first 60... Feeling positive at least with sample packs"

confused November 3, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One day at work I felt an explosion in my head after that i thought that undercover cops were watching me following me couldn't sleep at all eventually had a psychotic break Checked in to Psycho ward released and prescribed Zyprexa. After gaining about 50 pounds and feeling like a zombie I tried latuda within a couple weeks started to feel better. I had much more energy sleeping a normal 6-8 hours wakeing up refreshed and ready to take on the day,confidence back able to go out in public.after a few months with an active life style all the weight i had gained on zyprexa fell off. normal again Great. Side Effects: memory loss,dry mouth. Dose:20 mg night"

Hip-Hop93sound (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After a casual conference with the people arguing in my head, we decided to give Latuda a try. My first 20mg pill went down my esophagus without any problems whatsoever. I have high hopes for this drug therapy. Blessed Be."

SillyWitch206 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015