User Reviews for Lurasidone

6.4

Summary of Lurasidone reviews 6.6 628 reviews

Reviews for Lurasidone

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Latuda for a limited time due to horrific side effects. I had no control of my legs and was nearly killed. I ended up in the hospital under the Neurology service for 5 days. I stopped Latuda and that helped a lot. It’s a dangerous drug."

Franko · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on 60mg for 5 years now and it is great for my schizoaffective and bipolar disorders. I just take celexa additionally for anxiety. It took a while to zero in on the right dosage for me. I had previously been on many antipsychotics. Very expensive until it goes generic"

Daviskel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 8, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on this medication for about seven months now and it has kept me stable. The only issue that I have is that my co-pay is too much so I will need to be transitioned over to a different medication. Right now I am receiving samples of 60 mg. Currently I am on four different meds to manage my bipolar. My pharmacologist wants me on a mono therapy but that just simply isn’t going to work."

Blackdog24 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 27, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It makes me feel horrible and have panic attacks. Also I gained a lot of weight on Latuda. I absolutely hate Latuda!"

Alex · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication latuda has done wonders for my bipolar disorder. It took about a month before I noticed the effects, but I have been stable for over two years now. The only issue I have is a bit of akathisia."

Maddog · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This stuff is HORRIBLE! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE I took Latuda for 5 weeks. I was in the hospital for bipolar disorder when I was put on this trash. Started at 40mg was bumped up to 80mg. I can not explain how horrible and awkward I felt. This terrible med needs to be taken off to the public. I ended up in such a dark, dark place on this. If you feel different PLEASE DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND WAIT TO CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! CALL ASAP. I would say more, but this is a public post. I have NEVER felt so horrible in my life. I'm 33 and been on psych meds for schizoaffective disorder since I was 14."

Reality88 · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I think comments on this site are rubbish. Notice how every comment is written. Perfectly worded and grammatically correct with commas in the right place. Oh did I forget to mention how many comments begin and end with quotes " ". "

Anonymous June 17, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hate hate hate hate this medication. I was on 20 mg and I felt ok. Made me very irritable so upped to 40 mg. Biggest mistake. I feel so sick. Severely depressed. I wasn't depressed. I'm in such pain. I cry a lot. I want to feel happy. It's a absolute nightmare for me. I lowered to 30 mg yesterday and I feel even sicker. I really don't know what to do. I'm so sad and I don't want anyone to go thru this. Every medication works different for everyone. I'm not saying this medication won't work for you. It might do wonders. This is just my bad experience Good luck"

Rocky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 17, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've tried so many different medications, and maybe it's just me, but Latuda is a miracle drug. It's been 6 months and no side effects whatsoever, but my hallucinations (auditory and visual) have stopped and I feel less depression. There's no anxiety and no weight gain (both are a big deal for me). I'm on 60mg a day and that seems to take care of my issues. If you're having side effects, check out what other meds you are taking; maybe there's a contraindication present. Also, start out at 20 and work your way up slowly. I am also on Prozac (yeah...I know...) but that's only because I have kids and I need to extra energy boost to get through the day (because toddlers). Don't give up on this medication, it's better than so many others."

Stac~ · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on Latuda for 5 years. It saved my life after strugging not to commit suicide every single day for over 7 years. I had to put out a great deal of effort not to blow my brains out. I had it all planned and thought about it constantly. Now, though I will tremble forever (I had whatever it’s called, the trembling), but I would gladly have this than the constant thoughts of suicide. When my doctor, during those years, would ask me if I felt suicidal I would always say no because I’ve been in a psychiatric hospital before and don’t ever want to go back. One day, I told him the truth. I was so depressed that I figured a hospital was better than my two little girls having to deal with my death. I can’t tell you what it’s done for my life and that of my girls and husband’s lives as well. I will be forever grateful for this drug."

Missy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was put on Latuda 20 mg and slowly went up to 60 mg. Let me start off by saying that I cannot stress enough how much this medication has changed my life! I have never felt so normal. I can see and think clearly. I did experience akathisia but was put on propranolol for a week and it went away. I feel like life is worth living now! Latuda has saved my life!"

Struggling · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have only been on Latuda a short period of time, unfortunately I have to taper to off of it. It makes me feel very lightheaded and dizzy. I have difficulty sleeping and have developed bad insomnia. Like others mentioned in their reviews I feel flat not happy or sad. The reason I am weaning off of it is because I almost went to the ER last evening. My anxiety was through the roof, feels like you just want to jump out of your skin. Remember everyone is different and trying new medications is very complex. Always talk to your Doctor before taking or stopping a medicine. Good Luck to all who are suffering."

bflosenrab June 1, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "37 F - I am taking this drug “off-label” for major depressive disorder. Nothing worked previously & I’ve tried more medications & non-med treatments than I can count. This one has finally pulled me out of the gutter and it worked FAST - none of that “4-6 weeks” rubbish. I was buried in complete misery and had passive suicidal thoughts (wishing I wouldn’t wake up in the morning, wishing I had never been born). I was at the point where my providers were pushing me to go to a day outpatient program (IOP). Now, I still have to watch out for triggers that send my mood spiralling, but my anhedonia & “baseline” have improved and I am able to reframe negative thought patterns. Negative side effects - fatigue, but the weight gain has been the worst. I’ve gained over 10 pounds in 2 months. My psychiatrist has suggested metformin to address this. I’ve never been this heavy in my life. And this is on top of the 15 lbs I’ve gained from Zoloft and then Pristiq."

Taggily · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I love my Latuda!!!! Only medicine in 30 years that I could tell a difference in my schizoaffective disorder with in less than 2 weeks!!! First week on it I was duh-ed out. Which is unusual for me. I have a very high tolerance. 2nd week I was like a new person. I was like the real me. I felt good! I felt like the real me. Could not believe it!!! Latuda, thank you. I will be your spokes gal anytime. I tell everybody I love my latuda!!! Been on it now 7 months and still loving it. I take 60mg and its wonderful! Thanks!!!!"

miracle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed 15 years ago for bipolar I disorder. I was put on a very high dose of lamotrigine (450 mg) and lithium (1500-1800 mg). My memory was decimated and my thinking was dulled and I had other cognitive issues including ability to concentrate and pay attention. After 14 years on this regime, I sought another doctor's opinion. He cross-tapered Latuda (dosing up to 60 mg), and lowered the lithium from 1800 mg to zero! We did this over 6 months, very gradually. I am eternally grateful to my doctor. My mind became free again and most of my cognitive problems either diminished or went away entirely. What a great, life-changing decision. I wish you well on your path to healing. Never give up!!"

BP · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been for on Latuda over 2 months for bipolar mania and depression at a dose of 20mg taken at night help ensure sleep and really cleared up thoughts. No issues."

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only been on Latuda a couple of weeks and I'm noticing improvements in my depression that are bizarre, in a good way. Didn't do much at a dose 20mg but now at 40mg dose it really works - I feel LIKE THE KING OF THE WORLD. I can't explain it. I just want to jump for joy. Anyway, male, 6'5, 220 lbs. No akathesia yet like everyone talks about but if it happens I will just lower the dose. Excited about this med because the improvements in my extreme depression are miraculous. Medicaid covers it too--it is pretty expensive if you don't have good insurance."

bpetroni · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Started taking Latuda about 1 year ago for bipolar and never did its job as I never saw any positive effects. I did however have issues with the side effects of it knocking me out, tremors and muscle stiffness. The fact that it makes me want to sleep all day makes me very depressed. I also started having more than usual really dark thoughts. Started seeing a new doc and he is taking me off it but the withdrawals from Latuda are horrible."

zombie · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "For the first two weeks I felt an improvement of mood (I have bipolar). I am on Lamictal, Seroquel and Ativan for the occasional anxiety. I started out on 20 mgs then after two weeks went to 40 mg. Right at the three week mark that’s when I started to have extreme panic attacks, restlessness, and I felt out of my mind. I already suffer from hypomania, disassociation, and anxiety, and this medication exponentially increased it. I felt out of my mind and decided to quit cold turkey, which is kind of disheartening because I was desperate for a pill that would work for my severe depression and hypomania. Everything was intensified to the point. Voices in my head, panic attacks, anxiety over everything, and a complete loss of time and space. I wouldn’t recommend this drug to anyone with preexisting anxiety disorders."

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 11, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started taking Latuda about 8 months ago when I got diagnosed Bipolar in the hospital after a manic episode. Initially I felt very tired, numb, and had social anxiety. It has balanced me out and I haven't felt more stable in my life. No crazy anger outbursts, no suicidal ideations, or impulsivity. The only downsides are the side effects. I have pretty bad social anxiety and in the beginning I was so exhausted but now that has gone away, clenching of the jaw/teeth, shaky hands/head, I overheat. But the longer I take it the more the side effects lessen. Over all- I would take the side effects over the horrible mental illness."

Steve May 8, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I replaced my Seroquel with Latuda because the former wasn't working well any longer and I gained a lot of weight. I only lost a few pounds after the switch to 80mg of Latuda. So, my Doctor and I worked on a trial and error program with a combination of drugs. Here's what's working for me as of now: 20mg of Latuda (makes me drowsy and that's about it...so I take it at night), 400mg of Lamotrigine (can't think of any side-effects), and 0.5mg of Xanax every night. I've always had trouble sleeping so the combo of Latuda and Xanax takes care of that. The Xanax also helps with the anxiety I've always had, the Lamotrigine keeps the mania and some of the depression away, and the Latuda seems to take the rest of the depression away. I've been stable with this combination and lost another 11 lbs. The biggest downside-besides cost- is the drowsiness I have during the day. A 20 min nap helps with that."

Windy May 3, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Because of latuda I now have side effects of constant restlessness, I'm always sleepy, I have uncontrollable facial movements, teeth grinding, blinking excessively at times, very dizzy a lot of the time and lightheaded, lots of nausea vomiting, major loss of appetite, I lost 40 lbs, inability to keep still most of the time, agitation, blurred vision, no sex drive, confused, dry skin, stiff neck I can't turn all the way, twitching uncontrollably of my eyes mouth tongue face arms legs lips, my back is always sore, my anxiety attacks are worse, I'm hyperactive, I feel manic all the time, always feel nervous, I have tightening of my jaw and snapping and I even chipped a tooth, constant headaches back lower skull always tense, trouble collecting my words, weird jerking movements from my fingers toes arms legs face lips mouth tongue and eyes, unsure of what to do next, restless confused looking for something to do constantly, I always feel weak, sweating of my hands and feet. And it won't go away!!"

Backtonormal · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 1, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "My psychiatrist put me on Latuda to treat my condition. I started with a small dose and went up to a maximal dose. I was informed that the drug could cause side effects, such as extreme unrest when getting to sleep. After two months of use I started to feel horrible side effects. Feeling extremely vulnerable in social situations and anxiety. Often I experienced the worst nightmares through the nights while being/feeling fully awake. I had uncontrolled panic attacks and started to sweat heavily. Many unpleasant thoughts and even experiencing not being alone. Also physical abnormal behaviour in the face/mouth/tongue. This could last for many hours until I fell to sleep being totally exhausted. I never had such issues before. It happened mostly once a week. I always was afraid to go to sleep. For a long time I didn't suspect the drug being the trigger. But at the end I quit the drug for good, even so my doctor didn't recommend it. After I was off the drug everything went to normal again."

Mads · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Suffered from bi polar depression (what they say) my whole life, it gets worse with different experiences, mimicks things like ADHD, anxiety, etc (so they say). Started Latuda 5 days ago. First day felt great, day 2 felt great, day 3 I slept 1.5 hours after a 10 hour day then did another 10 hours. The restlessness was unbearable, tried different beds, couch, different positions, baths, I had this incredibly strong energy that was dying to explode in every part of my body. It made me cry, punch and scream in pillows. The next day I felt so tired and weak. I switched taking my 40mg from at night to in the morning, we will see how this works."

Alrighty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2019

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on 120 mg Latuda now for about a year. I really felt a difference right away, no more extreme lows with anger, no more mania with urges to do crazy things or act out. Feel very stable, but somewhat numb at times. It does kill any libido I had. No changes in weight. Restless legs though if I take it to early before bed, so I take as close to bedtime as possible to sleep through it. Overall great drug, best I’ve been on in the last 6 years. I recommend it myself."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)