User Reviews for Lurasidone

Also known as: Latuda

Learn more about Lurasidone.

Schizoaffective Disorder 20 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 52 reviews 42 medications

6.9
Summary of Lurasidone reviews 400 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Lurasidone

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I don't know what to say yet. I realized I may have been borderline when they informed it was possible during being hospitalized when I was 14, I believe it has lead to me be entirely miserable and out of control since I was 10. I'm 30 now, I've wasted 20 years of my life wishing for either salvation or death always. I would give anything to be in control of myself and to stop hurting those I love. I want more than anything to save my 10 year long relationship. I'm so good to him. I'm so bad to him. I'm four days in and feel nothing yet. I feel hopeless and do not think anything will ever work. I will rate a 7 so it doesn't unfairly throw off the ratings, but if Latuda does not work for me I wonder if my only option is to give up."

Sophia57 January 16, 2017

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Developed memory loss, (MMSE 16/30) , developed total body neuralgia, developed instability, developed cogging (regitity of muscle tone), developed Parkinsonian symptoms,"

Ramfl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm on Latuda, the side effects are very irritating and scary! This time my RIGHT leg has that very unbearable (hard to explain) feeling, I fell asleep a lot at work, right in the middle of me writing something, I stumbled around and thinking it will be better if I took it at night, it WASN'T! I woke up at 1am, having EXTREME panic attacks, overthinking EVERYTHING and just have these terrible, horrifying thoughts! I got outta bed and slipped, fell down the stairs and hurt my arm and knee! I also drooled a lot and had no appetite for 3 months!! But on the other side, it makes me calmer/happier and confident about things, but I can't stand the side effects!!"

WORST SIDE EFFECTS!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on latuda for about two months. I had been taking Risperdal and Lamictal for years and while I was getting by I wasn't in such a great mood often. Shortly after taking this I noticed I felt much happier and my therapist and girlfriend both said I seem less inhibited and in a better mood. It's not like I'm manic and I don't feel like the happiness is some artificial shot in the arm. I'm perfectly lucid and at peace with things most of the time. That all being said I also have more frequent mood swings. The swings aren't as bad as when I'm off meds, but I do feel pretty down about 10 to 20 times a month with episodes lasting various amounts of time. I'm currently taking 20mg latuda and 300mg Lamictal."

Squeezins (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with bi polar in 12/28/2015.. It has been very hard from then until now. I first was on lithium it didn't work for me. I was still maniac. I switched doctors and was put on lithium. My doctor called it the Mercedes of meds.. So I went with it. It took 4 months to see a difference.. I had to takes meds faithfully. 9 months and Latuda has changed my life. I did gain weight. Now I'm working out on getting it off.."

Franchon January 6, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "It started off with depression which then made me have a nervous breakdown. I experience acute psychosis and I was sectioned for 28 days. It was the worst experience of my life. I was then put on 74mg of lurasidone. It was the best decision of my life. I am happy again enjoying life and I am able to work again. I do not feel depressed at all or even an ounce of low mood. I started the meds in Febuary 2016-October 2016. I have been off the medication for 3 months and I am doing great my mood is stabile and I am on no medication. I came off cold turkey which I wouldn't recommend but I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. I would definitely recommend this medication. I didn't have any side effects except for a bit of restlessness at night."

Maddykins January 1, 2017

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This has literally been a life saver. I tried to taper off it twice and my mood became very volatile, that resolved once I went back on it. Latuda in combination with lamotrigine has improved my quality of life immensely."

Winnebago (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 3.5 years ago. Initially, I took Lamictal and Saphris for one year. Saphris made me too drowsy too often, so now I take Lamictal and Latuda (60mg). I recommend taking Latuda at night with food. If I take it in the morning or during the day, I get very restless and can't still still or focus on anything. I have no problems if I take it right before bed with a snack."

Redrobin24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started latuda after being on abilify since 2004. I was taken off abilify because I began vomiting every day and had severe rashes after being on the drug for about twelve years. Latuda is HORRIBLE! Mind you, I haven't actually had a serious psychiatrist sit down and actually understand my symptoms or who I am in about five years... seems as if that is non existent in my region or something now? I developed severe migraines on latuda, and have had more frequent seizures on this medication. The doctor I have seen ONE time this entire year doesn't want to work with me even though he even noticed I am extremely agitated and annoyed ALL the time on this medication. I used to be very calm and easy going; however, now everything irritates me."

BiPolarBareHart (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "i have Bipolar type II and took it for a couple months and it left me feeling constantly on edge. i couldnt relax and watch a movie with my boyfriend or even just sit and read a book without feeling anxious. I don't know for sure if I have anxiety but it definitely made me very anxious. it didn't help my moods either cause I was constantly on edge and anything triggered an episode for me. but I know a few people it helped out, just not for me. one thing I will say is if you take it TAKE IT BEFORE BED WITH FOOD. taking with food helps your body absorb it, and taking it before bed helps with the anxious part for some."

Vickless (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "None. I was prescribed this by my specialist as an alternative to lamotrigine for some unknown reason. I took a look at the side effects and decided it was incompatible with being able to work. After all, if I can't work, I can't afford treatment. "

parp123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This is the best medication I've taken for a mood stabilizer. It takes about 3 months to work at peak, but the benefits have been amazing. While some medications seem to drag you to feeling better, this one just nudges me. I feel as if My Real personality can show through. I'm stable and thinking more rationaly, without losing the ability to feel my emotions. Plus, I lost a few pounds."

LS1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been taking Latuda for schizoaffective for the past 14 months. I have been sleeping like a baby and have no delusions what so ever. BUT I have been very addicted to temptations. I have been drinking a lot more than usual and I gained a total of 20kg in these 14 months. My lifestyle is not helping either. I just feel empty, careless, disorganized and unhappy. I do not have motivation to even wash the dishes or dress up like I used to. I am ready to switch to another medication but this med is good for delusions. One of the severe side effects that I have experiences is I have been talking to myself. Repeating my thoughts out loud all day everyday."

artesianwater (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Please do not let my experience deter you! I was diagnosed with major depression disorder. (Never diagnosed or had any doctors mention anything about possible schizophrenia or bipolar disorder in my life.) Not too sure why the hospital doctor prescribed this in the first place, but I was so depressed and just wanted to feel better I was willing to try anything. I took 20mg everyday at dinner. (6-6:30pm). I was in bed by 8 or 9pm. Latuda kicked my butt. I was beyond tired. Other then the EXTREME fatigue, I had no noticeable side effects. I really hope this drug works for you. I am frustrated because the doctor prescribed a pill that is used for conditions I do not have. (Also taking 150mg of Desipramine and Modofinil 200mg in the AM)"

Chinooker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Before starting Latuda, I was weepy and sad nearly all the time. I rarely slept well and just felt sad and sleepy all the time. Latuda changed my life. I am not sad and weepy anymore and I sleep great every night. This medicine is just what I had prayed for. I feel so normal now."

Sleepygirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "16 years of bipolar1 all symptoms extremely difficult. Latter years mania faded to a all consuming depression.I fought it refusing to take antidepressants.it was to dark I gave in and tried Seroquel.it helped then I tried Latuda 20mg. helped immediately then to 40mg where I have been for 2 years,Thank and Praise God!!!"

Mot rednats (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Few days on it. Ability didn't work for me. Doctor has me on cogentin and Inderal for akathisia. Taking Trilafon also. Quiting Klonopin slowly, taking Adderall for sleep issues: hypersomnia. Taking Paxil bc it was good in the past(20years ago). Slightly hypomanic which is good for socializing but not for calm mind. Can't keep a calm mind, not hearing voices, but having a discussion with imaginary person in my head. Is this Pyschosis bc I would hate to get off AD(Paxil) which is great for social phobia"

GOODERSHOES (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Atudau for about 6 weeks now. I wanted an alternative to taking serequel as at 300mg it was starting to make me feel like "binge eating" due to severe appetite increase from 200mg to 300mg. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, no specific type, but I know I have rapid cycling Bipolar and I have experienced psychosis, I don't need a shrink to tell me this as I know how I feel, without sounding arrogant. I take 80mg of Latuda at night together with 500mg of Epilium. In the morning I take 10mg of Brintilix (anti-depressant) together with 500mg of Epilum. After suffering with Bipolar and mood disorders, I have finally found a medication which makes me feel "normal" and fits in with my personality. I definitely would recommend this"

Leesh! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "I have only been on latuda for a short period of time so far. I don't like that I've been twitching, I get so tired from latuda that I can't wake up the next day for hours (which is bad when you work) and also I have been unable to think about past memories that are sad. Idk how to explain it but I used to be able to think about my past sad memories and be upset and now on latuda, It feels I am unable to really hold on to the memory and think about it at all. Its like the drug doesn't let me get upset. I also have trouble thinking about things and analyzing them now."

CLAR527 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible, evil pill. Didn't realize it was causing me anxiety after being EPC for false statements, they put me on it in the hospital and I was like sure okay. They rapidly ramped me to 60mg, the anxiety/nervousness from it was intense, crippling and basically made me botch an easy in and out hearing where my family fully supported me - they weren't even allowed in to testify to the falseness of why I was EPC'd cause i shut down and said no contest to total BS. This drug is known for causing people to be violent. I can sort of see why it might do that. It's immensely powerful, and the "doctors" like to give out a needlessly high dose. The irony is, the doc I have now says I'm not even bipolar."

Anonymous November 13, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I am currently 3 weeks into Latuda 20mg in combination with 75mg of Zoloft. I have MDD and BPD. My constant mood swings and irrational behavior was too much to keep up with. I found side effect wise it made me very sleepy and groggy. I went from taking it with breakfast (you must take it with at least 350cal) to taking it with dinner and that solved that problem. Sometimes it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth too. If you eat a probiotic yogurt that will combat that sensation. I don't have it as much as when I first started taking it. I have not gained nor lost weight but remained stagnant. I feel like I have been more like a road with a few bumps here and there in comparison to a road with a million pot holes."

djenehhhsoeebtg November 12, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am 58 with diagnosis received over 15 years ago. I have tried several antidepressants and antianxiety medication with little if any relief. Upon expressing frustration with my doctor, it was suggested to try latuda. I am on day 8 of 20 mg. Almost immediately felt calmer, clearer thinking, interest in my forgorgotten enjoyments. I am in good health physically. So far, no signs of any side affects and no weight gain at all (I gain weight easily) and gained over 20 lbs over the years using celexa and other antidepressants. My diagnosis was changed after 14 years to bipolar 1 same doctor all these years. I was afraid of medicines but deep depression forced me to try again. I'm happy so far with latuda. Good luck and God bless."

Deerfeather November 12, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am currently taking 80mg of Latuda (which I've been on for about 5 weeks now). I take this in conjunction with 500mg of Sodium Valproate, twice daily and 10mg of Brintillex (anti-depressant). I was diagnosed with Bipolar last year and have been battling to feel "normal" per se. The increase doses of Seroquel just made me want to binge eat as it increased my appetite when I was on 300mg. Latuda has helped me significantly........... No weird emotional feelings or thoughts. I feel comfortable in 'my own body', I feel content been 'on my own', relaxed and 'chilled'. The only downside is the cost as it is not covered on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme here in Australia (only for diagnosis of Schizophrenia); therefore it cost me $AUD150."

Leeshy (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine has changed my life!! I have battled depression for years. Although my psychiatrist had me on more than 1 antidepressant I would still have days I would get up and be in a black hole. I never knew how long it would last - days or weeks. My diagnosis was Major Depressive Disorder - Reoccurring. I just couldn't understand with all the meds why I still struggled so much with the monster of depression. I talked to my psychiatrist about it and he started Latuda. The sky is bluer the grass is greener and I know what joy is!"

AMK1968 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "you can go insane if you get off this drug cold-turkey and if your drinking/drugs inbetween you will end up at the hospital like me, i stopped using for 3 months now, the last few days have been a nightmare I was smoking weed while not taking latuda, and I had a depressive breakdown where i ended up in emergency twice in the past 4 days, i was so fatigued my eyes were shutting on their own and i thought i was going to die if i fall asleep, its a feeling of insanity dont mess around with this drug. Go step by step as your doctor tells you, overall the drug has its ups and downs some of the side effects are dreadfull, goodluck"

cylixir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2016