User Reviews for Lurasidone

Also known as: Latuda

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lurasidone.

Schizoaffective Disorder

Schizophrenia
6.5

Summary of Lurasidone reviews 7.7 506 reviews

Reviews for Lurasidone

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible. Made me nauseous headache dizzy off balance extreme fatigue irritable crying depressed shaking anxious"

Phoo December 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "No problems except for nervousness, but could be Pristiq med as well. No sex drive but optimistic things will clear up soon."

Hydeaway8767 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "At first I thought I had found a *miracle medicine* for my schitzoaffective disorder, as I was waking up early each morning with energy. Over time I noticed an increasingly strong yet underlying feeling of anxiety, which led me to have constant severe panic attacks. At one point I had to leave the mall as I had such a feeling of anxiety, terror and paranoia washing over me. If you are prone to anxiety or paranoia steer clear as you will likely feel out of control on this medication, especially at the doses above 10mg."

cobweb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this for depression-off label, added 20mg to my Paroxetine. It seemed to help greatly with the depression, but I had to quit after 7 weeks due to Akathisia and extreme dry mouth. Dry mouth was so bad, I begun to get sores on the inside of my lips. I’m nervous about not taking it, because it helped a lot. My Doctor upped my Paroxetine when I quit the Latuda - I've got my fingers crossed!"

JJ120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking 120 mg of Latuda nightly for two months. For years I have been struggling with bi polar depression and schizophrenia. I haven't experienced any mania or depression since beginning this medication. I have been level, happy, genuinely happy even, productive, social, and calm. I haven't had any auditory or visual occurrences in weeks either. The downsides for me are lack of sex drive and it's become difficult to acheive orgasm. Otherwise it's a great medication. I highly recommend it."

LisaMiel1979 December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda basically saved my life. I was suicidal and swung between severe depression and wild mania. I've been on 80 mgs for about 3 months now and the only side effects I've had were sleepiness ( which is good because I had raging insomnia) and some anxiety. Dr gave me a script for low does Xanax and Ive never felt better!"

LizH (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been 20 years trying different medications and combinations of them. As with any medicine review what works well for someone may have the opposite effect for another. Latuda has literally given me my life back with such debilitating depression I was starting to give up hope! I knew within one week of starting Latuda that I had found the right medication for me."

AranB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Depression and Anxiety. I started with 20mg-it increased my anxiety; I was unable to determine any effect on depression. In a month, the Dr increased my dosage to 40mg. It increased my anxiety; moreover it increased my blood pressure from 130/80 to 150/100! Long term effects of this medication are undetermined at this time. I want no part of this medication or the people that prescribed it. I’m trying to wean off of it. It’s a crying shame (no pun intended) that the medical community knows so little about this field-depression/anxiety-that affects so many millions of Americans! Get a grip doctors and Researchers..."

Anonymous November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I seriously love this Drug! I'm Schizo-affective. That is my only diagnosis. I've been on it for about a month now! 20 mg in the AM and I cut the next tab in Half, and take 10 mg at Bedtime! My ONLY problem is I have not been eating with it. It does take away my desire to eat. So this has been hard. With all the comments about eating 350 Calories, I will def start eating with it! I was on Haldol for about 8 Yrs. About 6 Months ago it started making me really depressed. I much prefer the Latuda. Keeps the hallucinations away. And the voices."

Sam_Adams_1981 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Latuda for a short period of time and I am curious if anyone has become super emotional on Latuda? I am bipolar and have been taking high doses of both Seroquel and Lamictal. My doctor didn't want to go any higher with either of the two and put me on a low dose of Latuda (20 mg.). I am so emotional. Way more than I normally am. I want to know if anyone else has had this issue and whether it tapered out? Thank you."

Buggaboo1000 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Love it , finally felt normal or what I think it means , only problem I have is the restless legs its much worse now that its been increased to 80mg , but I was fine on 60mg , my solution is to sponge my legs with cool water as it happens at night , helps a bit . Otherwise its the magic bullet for me."

Candyunicorn (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "The first few days were fine and my mood was stable, then I started getting really bad restless leg syndrome. Someone else on here said feeling mentally exhausted and restless at the same time and I also experienced that. It was a very strange, uncomfortable feeling. Once I actually got to sleep after the restless leg and other issue, I slept really well on this drug. I won't take it anymore because of the mental exhaustion/restlessness is unbearable."

justgivingareview November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Major side effects included sexual and erectile dysfunction, Impotence,"

Jaibir Sharma (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug was a terrible experience for me. It worsened my depression and anxiety symptoms but one of the most unbearable parts was the restless leg syndrome. I couldn't sleep. I would lay awake for hours with the craziest feeling in my legs. Brain fog. I slowly was weaning off and then quit cold turkey because I wanted this OUT of my system! All in all, do NOT recommend."

MelissaLW November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible medication! It caused me to have medication induced akathesia! I experienced extreme restlessness and uncontrollable tics in my mouth. My legs would continue to jump up and down while sitting! My psychiatrist initially placed me on propranolol to stop these side effects and worked initially. Then, he had to increase the dosage because it came back. Eventually, he had to take me off propranolol and place me on cogentin (Benzotropine mesylate). Cogentin is used for Parkinson’s disease. That’s how bad it got! Never again!"

WillnBryant November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "My Doctor added 20mg Latuda four weeks ago after prescribing 20mg Paxil two weeks earlier for my Depression and Anxiety . I was nervous about it, but the results have been great. My racing anxious thoughts stopped and my suicidal ideation also went away. I seem to have better energy and am more motivated. My life is greatly improving on this combo. My anxiety has been reduced by 90% also. I take both of these meds in the evening and sleep great. The only side effect I noticed was some vivid, crazy dreams the first 3 nights on the Latuda. I also have reduced libido but I suspect the Paxil for that."

JJ120 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was recently diagnosed bipolar type 2 with mostly depression episodes. I was before on citalopram for 6 months after burning out in April. Latuda has really helps with the mood swings, I'm much more happy, social and productive. It's effect is almost instant. I'm on 10mg and will up to 20mg soon. The only negative effect I've experienced with Latuda is brain fog. It's been challenging for me as I am a university student. With Citalopram I would get straight As, study long periods and memorize 200 pages in 2 days. With Latuda, I have trouble memorizing a paragraph. I also tend to forget stuff. Psychiatrist says it will get better with time. Even tho I enjoyed Citalopram, I had terrible side effects. With Latuda, none. I finally feel normal."

Titeeve (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Recently started taking Latuda. At first, I started with 40mgs 7 days ago. Now I am at 80mgs for the first day...overly excited with positive apprehension because I'm excited about the outcome.... I have a positive outlook..."

nardie (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "There were negatives about this drug and I even put off taking it. I ended up starting it and as far as I can tell I have/had no side effects, I felt better quickly, I feel different. My racing mind had come back a little, as seroquel kept racing thoughts under control, I'm all but weaned off seroquel. And Latuda is good. Its been months, since I started Latuda and I don’t have a worry about taking it."

Koalamaiden (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I love Latuda! I haven't felt this good in years. My Dr gave it to me for my depression. I really love how it gives me energy it also didnt take long to kick in. Problems I have with it: dead sex drive, vaginal problems, and anxiety. Make sure you take it at night so you can sleep through the anxiety. Literally take it right before you go to bed."

Elyse T October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was put on it the last time I was inpatient and they upped it too much too fast. I wound up being high off of it. When I got out of the hospital, my insurance wouldn't cover it, so I stopped cold turkey. I felt so much better once I got off of it."

quartzz22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Only been on it for a week and am feeling extremely miserable. It's hard to describe but the only effect it has had is a couple hours after I take it I get this unbearable mental discomfort where I feel both exhausted and restless at the same time. It's driving me crazy! Other than that, it's had no other effect, positive or negative."

EthLoRey (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've had excellent results for my PTSD. I've been on and off one time previously. Took away fight/ flight anxiety, suicidal ideation, insomnia, and dissociation In just days. I started on 40 this time. Only side effect is some fatigue. I take it at night. When I needed to discontinue it 6 months ago due to cost, I didn't have any side effects other than mild passing headache. I also have Bipolar 2, and I went into a happy, productive hypomania after discontinuation. Thought I felt better too. But 5 months later I crashed. So, Back on the Latuda"

LemonB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "This is worst drug i ever took prescribed for schizotypal personality disorder and major depression by one of my past psychiatrists. I don't even understand how this helps other people at all. The psychiatrist thought it might help me, according to her, it was because I mentioned "anger", which was very black & white of her , um hello...I have severe depression, yet she goes ahead & prescribes me an antipsychotic that shouldn't have been prescribed to someone with depression like me, so I go on a very low dose, after three days of walking like a zombie, barely able to keep my eyes open, agitated, worse depression, I developed convulsions when trying to sleep on the 3rd night, screaming, crying in pain, barely able to breath & was rushed to the hospital, given ativan to calm me down, stopped latuda entirely"

randomuser023 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It worked great at 40mg, I had some slight tongue swelling, just thought I needed caffeine because that solved the issue. We upped it to 80mg after 3 years of being on it. Had to go to the hospital for a severe allergic reaction. I kept taking it at 40 but even then the allergic reactions were mild but still happening. Accidentally took it twice within 8 hours and was again taken to the hospital. Some ingredient in there I'm allergic too."

AGV September 27, 2017