User Reviews for Lurasidone

Also known as: Latuda

Learn more about Lurasidone.

Schizoaffective Disorder 20 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 51 reviews 42 medications

6.9
Summary of Lurasidone reviews 387 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Lurasidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "Please do not let my experience deter you! I was diagnosed with major depression disorder. (Never diagnosed or had any doctors mention anything about possible schizophrenia or bipolar disorder in my life.) Not too sure why the hospital doctor prescribed this in the first place, but I was so depressed and just wanted to feel better I was willing to try anything. I took 20mg everyday at dinner. (6-6:30pm). I was in bed by 8 or 9pm. Latuda kicked my butt. I was beyond tired. Other then the EXTREME fatigue, I had no noticeable side effects. I really hope this drug works for you. I am frustrated because the doctor prescribed a pill that is used for conditions I do not have. (Also taking 150mg of Desipramine and Modofinil 200mg in the AM)"

Chinooker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Before starting Latuda, I was weepy and sad nearly all the time. I rarely slept well and just felt sad and sleepy all the time. Latuda changed my life. I am not sad and weepy anymore and I sleep great every night. This medicine is just what I had prayed for. I feel so normal now."

Sleepygirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "16 years of bipolar1 all symptoms extremely difficult. Latter years mania faded to a all consuming depression.I fought it refusing to take antidepressants.it was to dark I gave in and tried Seroquel.it helped then I tried Latuda 20mg. helped immediately then to 40mg where I have been for 2 years,Thank and Praise God!!!"

Mot rednats (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Few days on it. Ability didn't work for me. Doctor has me on cogentin and Inderal for akathisia. Taking Trilafon also. Quiting Klonopin slowly, taking Adderall for sleep issues: hypersomnia. Taking Paxil bc it was good in the past(20years ago). Slightly hypomanic which is good for socializing but not for calm mind. Can't keep a calm mind, not hearing voices, but having a discussion with imaginary person in my head. Is this Pyschosis bc I would hate to get off AD(Paxil) which is great for social phobia"

GOODERSHOES (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Atudau for about 6 weeks now. I wanted an alternative to taking serequel as at 300mg it was starting to make me feel like "binge eating" due to severe appetite increase from 200mg to 300mg. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, no specific type, but I know I have rapid cycling Bipolar and I have experienced psychosis, I don't need a shrink to tell me this as I know how I feel, without sounding arrogant. I take 80mg of Latuda at night together with 500mg of Epilium. In the morning I take 10mg of Brintilix (anti-depressant) together with 500mg of Epilum. After suffering with Bipolar and mood disorders, I have finally found a medication which makes me feel "normal" and fits in with my personality. I definitely would recommend this"

Leesh! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "I have only been on latuda for a short period of time so far. I don't like that I've been twitching, I get so tired from latuda that I can't wake up the next day for hours (which is bad when you work) and also I have been unable to think about past memories that are sad. Idk how to explain it but I used to be able to think about my past sad memories and be upset and now on latuda, It feels I am unable to really hold on to the memory and think about it at all. Its like the drug doesn't let me get upset. I also have trouble thinking about things and analyzing them now."

CLAR527 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible, evil pill. Didn't realize it was causing me anxiety after being EPC for false statements, they put me on it in the hospital and I was like sure okay. They rapidly ramped me to 60mg, the anxiety/nervousness from it was intense, crippling and basically made me botch an easy in and out hearing where my family fully supported me - they weren't even allowed in to testify to the falseness of why I was EPC'd cause i shut down and said no contest to total BS. This drug is known for causing people to be violent. I can sort of see why it might do that. It's immensely powerful, and the "doctors" like to give out a needlessly high dose. The irony is, the doc I have now says I'm not even bipolar."

Anonymous November 13, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I am currently 3 weeks into Latuda 20mg in combination with 75mg of Zoloft. I have MDD and BPD. My constant mood swings and irrational behavior was too much to keep up with. I found side effect wise it made me very sleepy and groggy. I went from taking it with breakfast (you must take it with at least 350cal) to taking it with dinner and that solved that problem. Sometimes it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth too. If you eat a probiotic yogurt that will combat that sensation. I don't have it as much as when I first started taking it. I have not gained nor lost weight but remained stagnant. I feel like I have been more like a road with a few bumps here and there in comparison to a road with a million pot holes."

djenehhhsoeebtg November 12, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am 58 with diagnosis received over 15 years ago. I have tried several antidepressants and antianxiety medication with little if any relief. Upon expressing frustration with my doctor, it was suggested to try latuda. I am on day 8 of 20 mg. Almost immediately felt calmer, clearer thinking, interest in my forgorgotten enjoyments. I am in good health physically. So far, no signs of any side affects and no weight gain at all (I gain weight easily) and gained over 20 lbs over the years using celexa and other antidepressants. My diagnosis was changed after 14 years to bipolar 1 same doctor all these years. I was afraid of medicines but deep depression forced me to try again. I'm happy so far with latuda. Good luck and God bless."

Deerfeather November 12, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am currently taking 80mg of Latuda (which I've been on for about 5 weeks now). I take this in conjunction with 500mg of Sodium Valproate, twice daily and 10mg of Brintillex (anti-depressant). I was diagnosed with Bipolar last year and have been battling to feel "normal" per se. The increase doses of Seroquel just made me want to binge eat as it increased my appetite when I was on 300mg. Latuda has helped me significantly........... No weird emotional feelings or thoughts. I feel comfortable in 'my own body', I feel content been 'on my own', relaxed and 'chilled'. The only downside is the cost as it is not covered on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme here in Australia (only for diagnosis of Schizophrenia); therefore it cost me $AUD150."

Leeshy (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine has changed my life!! I have battled depression for years. Although my psychiatrist had me on more than 1 antidepressant I would still have days I would get up and be in a black hole. I never knew how long it would last - days or weeks. My diagnosis was Major Depressive Disorder - Reoccurring. I just couldn't understand with all the meds why I still struggled so much with the monster of depression. I talked to my psychiatrist about it and he started Latuda. The sky is bluer the grass is greener and I know what joy is!"

AMK1968 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "you can go insane if you get off this drug cold-turkey and if your drinking/drugs inbetween you will end up at the hospital like me, i stopped using for 3 months now, the last few days have been a nightmare I was smoking weed while not taking latuda, and I had a depressive breakdown where i ended up in emergency twice in the past 4 days, i was so fatigued my eyes were shutting on their own and i thought i was going to die if i fall asleep, its a feeling of insanity dont mess around with this drug. Go step by step as your doctor tells you, overall the drug has its ups and downs some of the side effects are dreadfull, goodluck"

cylixir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started Latuda 20mg 5 months ago with no results until a few weeks later, increasing dosage to 40mg. Felt pretty good, the depression & anxiety improved, but still not "balanced". 6 weeks ago, I increased my dosage of Wellbutrin from 150mg to 300mg and finally felt really good for a change! But now the past 3-4 wks, I feel I am in hypermania, as all the signs are there... I'm talking fast and a lot, making purchases online, which I don't normally do, and sleep is sketchy! Since I, like most, prefer mania over all other moods, I haven't contacted my therapist yet, because I know more changes to medications is imminent, before I crash and go into deep depression. One last try with Latuda, increasing the dosage to 80mg next week."

Mushy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've taken a lot of medications. I was prescribed latuda and it wasnt a very good experience. I couldn't even sit down to watch a movie without feeling jittery and needing to be on the go. When it was bed time my legs were so restless I couldn't sleep. I would lay in bed kicking my legs non stop. I'll never take this again."

bnicoles (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Med change epilum to latuda over 8 weeks.. Ok, the change started off great, I'd been in bipolar depression for almost a year, after 2 days on latuda I was activated and over the moon happy, ok far far too happy. First day was like ecstasy. 2 months past and everything was fine, I'd come out of depression.. but the honeymoon took an abrupt ending when side effects / made it the most undesirable experience. Intense anxiety. dread, panic, restless legs, fear, suicidal thoughts (never had those before, ever) back to the doc, changed dosage and combinations a couple of times under his supervision but it didn't work. Went completely off it and back to my long time friends seroquel xr & epilum.."

Eat at Joes (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "For me, latuda is the best drug available and so far I've lost 25lbs. My emotions are in check, paranoia and hallucinations are gone. I feel real and as close to normal than I've been in a really, really long time. Other than a slight tremor, I've noticed no other side effects I'd highly recommend trying this medication."

BP1 SEVERE W/PSYCHOSIS (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Latuda for about 3 months now for Bipolar II disorder. At first, I started out at 20 mg, and gradually increased to 80 mg. I was in a deep depression, so even within weeks of taking Latuda, I didn't feel that much better. Once my doc switched me to 80 mg, I slowly started climbing out of my depression. It was a slow recovery, but it worked. I am now 80% depression-symptom free and I feel like I'm back to my old self. I am able to function much better at work and life in general. I had restlessness as a side-effect for some time, but it slowly went away. I usually take Latuda before bedtime and haven't experienced any other side effects."

BipolarGirl31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was on this medication in the summer of 2013 and it made me do things I'd never dream of doing without taking it and made my life really magical although I was so paranoid that there was a serial killer in my basement cause my brother left the door open one day and then at the end of August when I was really stressed from university and not being prepared for going back and had these weird feelings I got a psychotic episode and it was one of my worst but I was thinking of going back on Latuda and Epival because before I was only on Latuda and Lamictal and took forever to raise it but I'm planning to be on 160 mg this time and I think I preferred it to Zeldox too."

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "So tonight was my first 20mg Latuda at dinner and I was super afraid that akathesia (a restlessness from taking antipsychotic pills) would happen. But so far so good. I guess some people get it and some dont."

Riggiorachel (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "The worst antipsychotic I've ever taken. I could barely walk and my rigidity was so bad my legs seized up totally."

Hutchings October 18, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I used to be at a mental state where everyday I would lie on my bed for about 3 hours because I didn't want to do anything. I had severe suicidal thoughts for 2 years and kept switching medications because they caused weight gain. After about a week of taking the medication my weight started dropping and my grades shot up to b's instead of c's. Now I'm doing great. I've never had higher grades and haven't felt this good for years. I'd really recommend it. I haven't had side effects yet and probably won't."

Psychotic Adolescent (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Started Latuda several months ago. I couldn't be happier. This medication is changing my life ( years of instability). Up to 80mg daily. The only side effect I notice is weight loss; which is fine by me."

Druidmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Have been taking Latuda for 6 months.Latuda is letting my nice self come out and be around people,be more social where as other meds dont really do anything.Without Latuda,I destroy relationships and am a very angry person.I dont like that about myself.Must take with 350 calories.For me,it doesnt make me sick.When I sleep I dont dream. Everyday I feel a little jittery until I take it. Major downside $50 per tablet not per bottle but I get it free from my provider. Highly recommend it to anyone suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder but everybody is different.Thank God for Latuda its really changed my life for the better! I still have bad days but they are just once in a while not everyday like they used to be."

Doctor what? (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "this medication gave me a bad reaction, it gave me restlessness in my legs and suicidal thoughts, i don't recommend this drug for me personally."

jodubz October 8, 2016

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I switched this from Ability and the difference is night and day - energized, happy and manic free. I follow the rules to a tee - take at night with a minimum 350 calories - I noticed some posts here reporting vomiting and ineffectiveness - it's not just about stomach upset - you MUST take the med on a full stomach or it wont be absorbed properly and will likely cause upset too - this is what my Doc tells me and he seems to be right"

Geekrevival October 6, 2016