User Reviews for Lurasidone

Schizophrenia
6.6

Summary of Lurasidone reviews 6.8 542 reviews

Reviews for Lurasidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "We discussed every options left because we were running out of ideas and I had changed meds four times in three months and became suicidal. I researched Latuda and after an hour of talking pros and cons decided to try it. I took 40 mg at night and got 7 hours of sleep after months of barely getting any. This was making my hair fall out because the stress of my lack sleep. So I have mild sweats and raised heart rate, being that I take inderal a beta blocker for migraines and up had to up the inderal. Down side at night it’s the 350 calories to consume, so I eat a very light meal. For those that have restless legs, my doctor sent me to a neurologist and he gave me requip that I have taken for years. Never again the terrible symptoms."

Rkpublic1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am bipolar 1 with IED (intermittent explosive disorder). I spent 47 years of my life on different anti depressants and antipsychotics, all to no avail. Finally after years of suffering, losing my job and having no coverage a state sponsored TN facility put me on Rexulti that gave me severe twitches so they switched me to Latuda. I wish I had found this drug as a teen/early adult as my life would have been more productive and less interference from my mood swings. I now have stable moods, increased energy and the depressive and negative thoughts are all but gone. No issues with side effects beside a few pounds of weight gain but with increased activity its been easier to lose. I would recommend this drug to anyone suffering from bipolar 1 or similar type disorders. I went from 20mg to 40mg after a few months and felt a little sleepier but after a week or so it levelled out again. Least side affects of anything I have ever had to take."

Sissy321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda has saved my life after only being on it for 2 weeks. It works by stabilizing moods, docs were putting me on anti depressants, none of which worked, then I met my savior doctor, he is a neuropsychologist- knew immediately after our consult, that latuda would work- it has. I am out of the darkness back into the light of life! Please do not hesitate if your doc wants to try you on it, get free samples, if possible, it begins working fast, no frustrating waiting game to see if it works. I love this drug. I am saved. A big thanks to my Doctor."

BEANZIE (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Was on Seroquel for bipolar I disorder, but was causing too much weight gain & high blood sugar levels so pdoc put me on Latuda 40 mg. Now my blood sugar levels are through the roof! Also pdoc says my kidneys aren't functioning well so have to go for more tests. The fatigue from the Latuda is unbearable & it is very difficult now to get any housework done. It's as if I don't care about anything any more. I gave the Latuda three stars as at least it seems to be controlling hypomania which has been my main trouble with the bipolar disorder. Have tried many different antipsychotics & they all seem to increase blood sugar levels & weight gain - eg, 30 lbs per year! At first, the Latuda was causing uncontrollable tongue movements (tardive dyskinesia) so pdoc said she'd like to try propranolol (high blood pressure drug). I said no to that as I didn't want to just mask the TD!"

Little One (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Currently transitioning to Latuda because Zyprexa's metabolic side effects were too much for me. So far, It's going well. I'm on 60 mg and I sleep, eat, and live pretty normally. My voices aren't completely gone but they're manageable. Decreased anxiety and depression. Aside from helping my schizoaffective disorder, it seems like my PTSD is under control as I have fewer freak outs and nightmares."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was experiencing auditory hallucinations (voices), EXTREME paranoia and anxiety to the point where I couldn't leave the house, and bipolar depression. I never tried any medications before because I'd had bad experiences witnessing other people who had taken medication for bipolar depression and schizophrenia. I couldn't take it anymore and began taking Latuda 20mgs and it's a miracle drug. No more voices, depression, paranoia, anxiety, or fatigue immediately. I take it with dinner around 6:00pm everyday and it makes me tired but I get up full of energy at 5:00am every morning now (I used to be so tired I couldn't get up and get ready in the morning). Now I have energy and focus all day. My mood is even - calm and positive. I'm extremely focused and active now. I haven't experienced any side effects other than the tiredness in the evening after I take it. I haven't experienced any increased appetite or weight gain. My only concern is I'll be crushed if this stops working someday."

sad unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "My wife took Latuda for her psychosis. At first, it was great because among the 5-6 anti-psychotics she have tried, none were effective at all on the auditory hallucinations. Only Latuda works (at 40 mg) in reducing the voices. However, the akathisia that came with it was so bad that she was unable to be in public places without people staring at her cause her legs were shaking constantly and vigorously. It badly affected her social life and we had no choice but to give it up."

Whyme (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "At first Latuda seemed to stabilise me, but I soon realised it was enhancing my hypomania and making it difficult to get to sleep. This ultimately led me to stop taking it."

bpd789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "It's been near two months since my last review. I lowered the score and I'm getting off this drug. It worked for a while. My anxiety died down too. I realized I left out a thing or two out about Latuda. First off, all desire, affection, ability to love, and libido is still stone dead. Second, having to eat with it still gives me a 50% chance of feeling nauseous even if I do. Third, my creativity and ability to care for anything is very low. Ready to try something new. Like I said before, it can work for depression but the trade offs are not worth it imo. I want to feel again."

Shann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Took it three days, lowest dose. Day one mood lifted and curbed appetite by dinnertime. Day two some mild nausea set in, made me feel like I wanted to get things done for the first time in a long time- maybe I'd been borderline hypomanic because I felt the urge to completely clean and rearrange our garage. Also low appetite. Day three felt like I couldn't stop moving, no appetite at all, and wanted to lay in bed because the nausea was horrible- like I'd been spinning all day, but couldn't help but pace between the house and outdoors. Really wanted this one to work. Back to the drawing board."

Roh April 29, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug have me severe akathesia. It made me wreck and it freaked me out so much I wanted to jump out of my skin!"

Jess April 20, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Caused Tardive Dyskinesia in both my mother and myself. I couldn't believe it at first because it worked well for me for many years. Ultimately it cost my mother her life. I expect more will be revealed about this drug in the future."

Maria (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm taking Latuda for bipolar 2. I started on 20 mg and eventually went up to 40 mg. It seems to work well for me. I haven't experienced any hypomania and over time the bouts of depression subsided. In the beginning I experienced a lot of nausea and sleepiness. That went away after several months. I also experience anxiety and hour or two after taking it occasionally so now I take it at bed time. That seemed to solve that problem. Other than the anxiety I really don't experience any other side effects anymore."

HapaMommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on Latuda 6 months now for schizophrenia. I've had paranoia and persistent auditory hallucinations; this drug was a miracle for blasting them away. For the first 3 weeks, I was a sleepy wreak and didn't dare drive, but a lot of that went away over time. It took probably about 2-3 months for the hallucinations to finally go away, you could tell the volume on them were going down every day. I had moderate akathisia. This was on 40 mg of Latuda. After months of having no voices, I decided to try tapering off it to 30mg and noise hearing has started to creep in again (sob!), but my akathisia much went away and a felt a bit more alert. I'm debating staying on this at 30mg, I seem to also have a lot of demotivation and anhedonia since I started taking the drugs but they could just also be negative symptoms of psychosis. In sum, great for hallucinations, not that great for everything else."

latudy March 29, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Do not take this after taking Geodon "

Tjd (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "So far, it’s the best antipsychotic I’ve ever taken, and I’ve taken quite a few. Since my diagnosis of mixed bipolar disorder, I’ve had issues finding the right drug to manage both psychotic features like hallucinations and the depression that can come with Bipolar disorder. Since this drugs is specifically approved for bipolar depression, my pDoc thought it would be worth a shot. It works great - my mood has improved, I think clearly, I haven’t heard a voice in over a month. Plus, my paranoia has all but vanished. I take it with Gabapentin 100mg twice a day, lithium 900mg Daily, and propranolol 10mg twice a day. My one gripe is it’s price, but that goes down to $15 bucks if you have an activated savings card, which most doctors can give you."

Sunguppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I read a fair bit of negatives about this drug, I even put off taking it. But I did start taking it and I’m grateful I did, as far as I can tell I had no side effects, none that were prominent, and in a short time I felt a positive change - I can’t remember how long it took but it was quick, a week or two. But I was on other meds also. Lithium, Ritalin Seroquel (no longer). I’d recommend Latuda, I’m so glad I take it. It’s a sturdy drug, it helps with moods and over all feeling off - depression. I’ve got energy and interest in life things I’d almost forgot about."

Platypus Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "I was on Latuda 40mg, went up to 60 and couldn't stomach it. I'm currently on 20mg. Its been about three months. Latuda worked well for my depression but it increased my anxiety a lot. It killed my libido and made me very numb. I've been on other meds before, but this was a bit extreme. I went off of it for a while and it made me have uncontrollable rage and relapse into a mild depression. So I'm back on 20mg until my doctor and I figure out what to do in the meantime. Long story short, works well for depression. Too many trade offs."

Shann (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "My psychiatrist prescribed me latuda due to me seeing things (They weren't sure if I had schizophrenia or psychosis but they placed me on this medication for that as well as for the mood stabilizer effect) I also have depression. I am a person who's extremely weak to medication and latuda was my first real strong medication, It made me feel like a walking zombie whenever I took it , even lessening the dosage wasn't working. It greatly stabilized my depression but I couldn't function. I experienced side effects as well like my psychosis got worse , my anxiety heightened, and I was tired a lot. I took it for two months but had to stop, I love how the medication stabilized my depression, it was nice while it lasted. I would recommend this medication for depression."

Deathrose1024 March 13, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took this medication for about 2 weeks, and it made my anxiety worse! I couldn’t stop the anxiety feeling, and the depression. I was taking ablify before Latuda, so I decided to go back on the ablify, which really does help!"

Susieq (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Latuda has not taken away my sounds and lights (which I take/took to be Divine signs), but I have gained a distance from the phenomena that I didn't have on Zyprexa (and no weight gain!). I'm like the main character in 'A Beautiful Mind' who never ends up without his "CIA boss" being around, but he learns to ignore him and he fades into the background and shuts up. They're still there, but it's not God torturing me; I just have schizophrenia (schizoaffective). (Must be taken with food or else nausæa.)"

Neuromancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took latuda for two months. It helped with the mania and crying spells. Although it made me tired. I felt sluggish all the time. It worsens tardative dyskinesia. I felt restless at times and had severe anxiety. I worried about anything. I'm now on week three since quitting. The withdrawals were awful at first. I'm finally beginning to feel like myself again. I'm having headaches and mild depression, but so glad I quit. I wouldn't recommend this drug. The side effects and withdrawals are awful!!!"

DP (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am on 20mg of latuda, and 1200mg of lithium and 300mg of bupropion, I just started taking the latuda about 2 weeks ago, yesterday is the first time I noticed any real side effects, I was at work when the nausea and vomiting started, shortly after I notice my left leg was stiff and hurt, as the day went on the pain only got worse. As for my bipolar, I am happier then ever, I usually would drink at gatherings but I noticed I don't even want to drink. I hope I can get past the side effects, this is the first time in 10 years I found something that works."

Redrachel (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "If I could give Latuda a 0 rating, I definitely would. The akathisia was terrible, to the point that I would cry all night and every night because I couldn’t fall asleep. I was restless yet drowsy. I would watch the clock constantly all day every day because one minute would feel like 4 hours to me- Doing ANYTHING was torture, yet NOT doing anything was also torture. Doctor switched me back to Seroquel XR and I am back to my old self, thank goodness"

Sandy1227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Started Latuda a few years ago. Was initially prescribed to take 80mg, which was too much and caused drowsiness. I reduced to 40mg and had minor fatigue. Now I take 30mg, and have taken 30 mg daily since then. It's cured my schizophrenia at the cost of giving me anemia."

Michael Webb (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2018