User Reviews for Lurasidone

Also known as: Latuda

Learn more about Lurasidone.

Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 27 medications

Schizophrenia 65 reviews 42 medications

6.6
Summary of Lurasidone reviews 487 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Lurasidone

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I love Latuda! I haven't felt this good in years. My Dr gave it to me for my depression. I really love how it gives me energy it also didnt take long to kick in. Problems I have with it: dead sex drive, vaginal problems, and anxiety. Make sure you take it at night so you can sleep through the anxiety. Literally take it right before you go to bed."

Elyse T October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was put on it the last time I was inpatient and they upped it too much too fast. I wound up being high off of it. When I got out of the hospital, my insurance wouldn't cover it, so I stopped cold turkey. I felt so much better once I got off of it."

quartzz22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Only been on it for a week and am feeling extremely miserable. It's hard to describe but the only effect it has had is a couple hours after I take it I get this unbearable mental discomfort where I feel both exhausted and restless at the same time. It's driving me crazy! Other than that, it's had no other effect, positive or negative."

EthLoRey (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've had excellent results for my PTSD. I've been on and off one time previously. Took away fight/ flight anxiety, suicidal ideation, insomnia, and dissociation In just days. I started on 40 this time. Only side effect is some fatigue. I take it at night. When I needed to discontinue it 6 months ago due to cost, I didn't have any side effects other than mild passing headache. I also have Bipolar 2, and I went into a happy, productive hypomania after discontinuation. Thought I felt better too. But 5 months later I crashed. So, Back on the Latuda"

LemonB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "This is worst drug i ever took prescribed for schizotypal personality disorder and major depression by one of my past psychiatrists. I don't even understand how this helps other people at all. The psychiatrist thought it might help me, according to her, it was because I mentioned "anger", which was very black & white of her , um hello...I have severe depression, yet she goes ahead & prescribes me an antipsychotic that shouldn't have been prescribed to someone with depression like me, so I go on a very low dose, after three days of walking like a zombie, barely able to keep my eyes open, agitated, worse depression, I developed convulsions when trying to sleep on the 3rd night, screaming, crying in pain, barely able to breath & was rushed to the hospital, given ativan to calm me down, stopped latuda entirely"

randomuser023 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It worked great at 40mg, I had some slight tongue swelling, just thought I needed caffeine because that solved the issue. We upped it to 80mg after 3 years of being on it. Had to go to the hospital for a severe allergic reaction. I kept taking it at 40 but even then the allergic reactions were mild but still happening. Accidentally took it twice within 8 hours and was again taken to the hospital. Some ingredient in there I'm allergic too."

AGV September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Started on 10mg-increased to 20 then to 40. The blurry vision cleared up for the most part after a few months. Latuda definitely makes me feel better. Not 100%... but better. Having to take with 350 calories is difficult, especially before bed and the weight gain was pretty bad but then started taking calcium, magnesium, zinc and dropped the weight... weird... but it works. Just need to make sure the magnesium is maleate... others make me to tired."

Capri2002 September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took latuda for a little over a year and I had so many side effects. I was so tired all the time, I couldn't function at work and I was a cashier, my throat got smaller, I would gag brushing my teeth and I used to be able to take 3 pills at once without a problem. When I was on latuda I could barely swallow one and I still gagged. I had memory loss, weight gain. I was miserable and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realised that it was latuda. So, I got weaned off of it and I felt 10 million times better, I lost 50lbs since I've been off of it, I can function again, my memory is slowly coming back and I don't gag when I brush my teeth and I can swallow more than one pill without gagging."

Awat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on it about a month. I've lost all motivation to do anything other than sleep. I'm nervous all the time. I can't feel my left hand. I have nightmares every night. I've lost all desire to eat. My vision is blurry. My psychiatrist is of no use as he only works three hours a week since he's borrowed from another program and I have no way to get in touch with him. this is why I don't trust doctors."

CaffeineHermit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've only been on this med for 5 days and I feel FABULOUS!!! On my last 40 mg dose today & then upping to 80. It's been a year of hell on my antidepressants with cycling up & down. I call it the the roller coaster of emotions. My depression would only improve for a short time & then I crashed back down. I can't believe how amazing I feel in such a short amount of time. So thankful!!!!"

JJinTX (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started on 20 mg of Latuda for bipolar and anxiety disorder. I felt the same as I always do during the first week of starting latuda. Then I upped it to 40 mg a week later and about an hour later I felt super tired , dizzy , confused , slow heart beat , and UN aware of what was going on around me. And to make it all worse I had trouble sleeping. But I felt so weak like I needed to sleep but couldn't. I'm unsure whether I should continue or discontinue it. Overall rating on this drug would be a 5. Those were terrible side effects and they hit me hard."

Annon11223 August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "First off I would like to say none of these medications are effective to me, they have never helped me in any considerable way. I was diagnosed schizophrenic but for the most part it was the anxiety controlling my life, never the hallucinations. Every medication on the market besides two or three cause an enormous amount of weight gain and intolerable side effects with no legal recourse if encountered. The pharmaceutical industry has hired many attorneys and lobbyists to destroy all liability in the event of a potential hazardous or death inducing side effect for the most part. In California it is impossible to sue a doctor (psychiatrist) who commits malpractice due to the cap on awards. It's all snake oil but with actual side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "My psych started me on latuda about 6 days ago. I am 32 years old and have suffered from manic bipolar depression for many years. Also with a touch of OCD and severe anxiety. Before latuda I was on ativan for my anxiety. My Dr started me on 40 mg of Latuda and the obvious side effect of nausea did come. But its rather tolerable. My Dr told me there's a trick. Take it after dinner. After a couple days I have begun to get terrible restless leg syndrome. Talked to my Dr and he put me on klonopin to take 1 hour after latuda. Last night it didn't work. Overall, my mood is still wishy washy. I am however getting up and doing more. With my depression I haven't been active in sex with my husband as much neither. Let's hope that changes as well."

Crys4 August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Latuda for about 6 months for bipolar disorder. I was taking just Seroquel but had breakthrough anxiety and depression, so my psychiatrist added Latuda. It definitely has helped with my depression and anxiety. My big issue is I can only tolerate 10mg/day. Anything more than that and I have severe insomnia. Also, having to take it with 350 calories is a pain. I take it at lunch time. 10mg dose does not make me sleepy. I would warn anybody taking this medication to be careful when stopping it. I abruptly stopped it a few weeks ago and sunk into the worst, deepest, most God awful depression of my life. After a week, I started back on the Latuda and 6 days back on it, I'm feeling better."

AJ63 August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It's been about 6 weeks on Latuda. During this time I experienced joint pain, severe anxiety and panic attacks. I have asked for advice from pharmacists, doctors and other sources. I have Ativan to help with the akathesia. Lamictal started helps with the panic and anxiety but helps the Latuda built up a wall between my brain and body. And Latuda - I can only sleep a couple hours each night. No drowsiness here. What I really want is to be titrated down to 20 mg and see if the side effects are negated. Otherwise looking towards seroquel...help!"

Janniekm (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on Latuda for 5 weeks now first week 20 mg second week 40 mg the third week 80 mg the fourth week 120 mg 5th week 160 mg. Side effects of sedation, constipation. It has not started to uplift my mood I wonder how long will it take for it to motivate me. No increase in my appetite thank God."

Cotrina August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda was a great drug for me. The only side effect was it bothered my nerves while I slept. Another thing I HATE about this drug is the price. When I was on it for a month I was laughing, cracking jokes, just really happy. But since I can't afford it I'm on Geodon, and it works fine, I just don't have the happiness that Latuda gave me. When I was on Latuda I was also taking Lithium and Lamictal."

FSE August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had Major depression with mixed features. I could not sleep on this medication yet would be very tired and could nap during the day. Took it in the morning and at night and both were ineffective for sleeping well. Woke up at least 10 times. Not helpful, made me nauseous."

Katereviews (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Not very effective for bipolar depression. Now in week 5 of taking med. Extremely expensive and relatively ineffective."

AEHJR (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda didn't even come close to touching my bipolar depression. I kept waiting and waiting for it to work, but nothing happened. I ended up having a horrible depressive episode that almost got me hospitalized. Plus, I had to eat a 350 calorie snack with it, which was always difficult to figure out. On top of that, it would knock me out every night, which would be considered nice...if it didn't knock me out at 7-8pm."

bipolarbunny August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I started taking 60 mg of Latuda nine days ago for schizoaffective disorder. After a few days, I felt much more positive, hopeful and cognitively clearer than I had while I took 60 mg of Geodon. However, in this short time I have decided that the side effects of Latuda are simply intolerable. I've had increased appetite; breast tenderness; and inability to have an orgasm. I'm going back to Geodon, but I'll be taking a reduced dose (40 mg). As much as I hate the anxiety and sedation involved with Geodon, those side effects are more manageable for me than the ones I've experienced with Latuda."

Latuda review (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I used to take it at bedtime, but was getting nauseated. I switched to taking it with dinner and the nausea has subsided quite a bit. I've gained weight according to the scale, but that's due to constipation the last couple of weeks. My stomach is sticking out more, but I've actually lost a couple inches everywhere else since being on the meds. Constipation was already an issue for me, so I don't blame the meds for it. Overall, it's been great. I'm not angry all the time anymore, no more yelling or crying, no binge eating, etc. I'm a lot happier and more motivated to do anything and everything."

Anonymous35yoF July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've got on really well with Lurasidone, and would recommend it to those who suffer with psychotic depression linked to Bipolar Disorder. I started Lurasidone after putting on a good deal of weight with Quetiapine. I currently take 80mg of Lurasidone and have found the side effect profile is considerably more tolerable than Quetiapine, although the akathisia has meant I also have to take Procyclidine otherwise I wouldn't be able to tolerate the drug. So far it's been weight-neutral, and am hoping to loose some weight on it in the next few months. Mood wise I've never been better, the drug works wonders for my depression, but it does have to be taken with food which can be difficult at times."

charliezzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was put on this for anxiety and depression, it didn't help my depression, and it made my anxiety worse. It also made my jaws feel really sore, I was clenching them a lot( not something I normally do) and this just generally gave me an over all uneasy feeling, stopped taking it."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on latuda for almost a year now. At first it was great it really made my moods stable. But now I have awful restless legs at night. It also has increased my appetite I'm hungry all the time I've gained 10 pounds on it even though it's supposed to be weight neutral. I'm constantly tired have no motivation. It made my acne much worse. I'm going to try something else."

Blondie899 July 27, 2017