User Reviews for Lurasidone

Also known as: Latuda

Learn more about Lurasidone.

Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 27 medications

Schizophrenia 58 reviews 42 medications

6.9
Summary of Lurasidone reviews 462 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Lurasidone

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started Latuda in 2014 which was the first time I had ever heard of it. I was given it because of my horrible bipolar depression and auditory hallucinations I believe it was 60 or 80 mg. It worked really well. My depression was getting better and everything was going on the right path. Than I started hearing things again so they increased my dose to 120 mg. I never heard anything again. I was always very unmotivated and tired lifeless so to say. Then I moved states and they wouldn't give me the 120 mg so they put me on 80 mg. I was terrified voices would come back but they never did. I had energy, motivation to do things, it was awesome! I have tried multiple like abilify, seroquel, but those literally knock me out since I am not manic."

Shirie88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Glad works for some. I had nausea vomiting taking it with food. Panic attacks with racing heart rate which I've never had before. Muscle dyskinesia of jaw. What made it worse was because it wasn't helping my depression , my psych kept upping dose " to see" if that worked. Worse drug I've ever been on & hope your caretakers pay attention to your side effects."

Mcdele July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Latuda for nine weeks now. My first week was 20mg, second week 40 mg, third week 60mg, fourth week 80 mg, fifth week 90 mg, and sixth week 120 mg. I feel more upbeat. I don't worry like in the past about my job. I used to think people were saying things behind my back. I lost a few pounds. I am more focused, kind of like being on adderral. My dosage is at the sweetspot. I find I have to take it late before I go to sleep otherwise I will want to go to sleep. I use this in combination with Wellbutrin 300mg XL in the morning with one 450 mg of lithium and two 450 mg of lithium at night with the 120 mg of latuda. The prescription is expensive if you don't have insurance it is 1000 a month, otherwise with insurance its 75 mo."

Robertnyc July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Latuda 40mg for 3 weeks now. It has helped so much within this time frame. I was at my breaking point and didn't know what was wrong with me. I found out it was Post Partum depression (PPD). Since being on the medication, my ongoing thoughts of suicide, feeling depressed, foggy memory, unable to function, mood swings, crying all the time has stopped. I even started to not hibernate in my room and I interact with my child and my newborn again. I feel like I'm getting my life back. I've tried prozac, but it didn't help my racing thoughts, and wanting to commit suicide. This does have side effects of course. I seem to get hot flashes, weight loss, and urge to move my legs at night. Overall, this medication along with a support system works for PPD."

Ms. Diaz (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on seroquel for quite some time and really liked it, but I didn't appreciate the small weight gain or my lack of desire to wake up in the morning. However, it stabilized my mood and gave me the best sleep of my life. My Dr suggested latuda, which I've been taking for about 5 months now at 60 mg. Latuda is also great at stabilizing my mood and no weight gain, but it makes me terribly sick. I'm very nauseous even when I have food in my stomach-sometimes to the point I'm sure I'm going to vomit. It even makes my teeth hurt initially. I want to love this medication as it is truly helpful in mood stabilization, but the induced sickness every time I take it is getting old."

Could be worse (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I took this medication for nearly two years at the highest dose of 120mg for schizophrenia. It completely helped with my hallucinations and delusional thinking. I had been on 650mg of seroquel previous to starting Latuda and I would still hear voices. I take latuda with a snack at 8pm and I am ready for sleep between 930 - 10pm and sleep well through the night. My only complaint is that it does cause an increase in appetite and weight gain. At this present time I take 900mg lithium, 150mg luvox, 72mg concerta and Latuda dose has been lowered to 80mg. I have noticed that my appetite has decreased. Delusions and hallucinations have not returned."

Kay.tay July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Been on Latuda now for about 1 ½ years because of Paranoid Schizophrenia. I am on the max dose of 120mg taken every night before bed. I have absolutely no side effects at all, tried ability before it, was hit with a wave of side effects, and then switched to Latuda as it was unbearable, been happy ever since with it. Also take 3-400mg of Seroquel daily and 4mg of Imozop(Benzo) before bed."

Nebbyr July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Latuda 40mg for nearly 1 month now. Diagnosed Bipolar II since I was in my mid forties. I am now 65 years old. So far this medication has been very effective. No depression for 3 weeks. No hypomania so far. Seroquel worked fairly well but not as well as Latuda. I have lost a few pounds since I started Latuda. I have recieved some samples and will purchase this drug from Canada due to the outrageous cost here in the USA. My Medicare copay is $450.00. In Canada I can get a 30 day supply for about $180.00. Otherwise I would have to take something else and likely much less effective. Latuda is a great medication for me but it is truly incredible and in a way evil that 30 tablets retails for $1200!"

Damien712 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Latuda for over 1 year. I am on 40 mg now. I have become very mean to everyone. My family has pretty much disowned me. They told me that I should be able to control myself since I know there is a problem. I have had a hard time getting my doctor to take me off of it. I will show her these reviews tomorrow."

Ramona 1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "My experience with Latuda is mostly negative. I have been on it for 5 months and will be tapering off in a couple of weeks thankfully. The only good thing about it is it stabilized me in a severe mixed mania with psychosis episode, but other than that, the side effects are horrible. It has done nothing for my depression the past two months and I have had anxiety and major irritability on it. The nausea and vomiting is miserable. I was prescribed zofran to offset the nausea but that is not so helpful either since the zofran causes constipation. The 350 calorie requirement is a pain because you can't take it with dinner or you fall asleep instantly, so I take it with a late night meal to last a few more hours, hence more weight gain."

tdanielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I initially went on it for depression. It worked great. But years had passed and everyday was the same I was never moving forward. I was forgetting a lot of things. I'm in my 30s I felt as if I was in my 70s when it came to memory. The ability to converse normally decreased over time. I would forget at-least 2 words every few sentences and I would forget obligations and functions. When I went off of it my room was clean for the 1st time my car was clean for the 1st time and for the 1st time I wasn't craving stimulants. I feel alive again.... 3 months off Latuda"

WalkingDead8402 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I'm on 80mg. It has helped a lot with my delusions, though I still get them to an extent. I still hear voices unfortunately. It's also worked wonders for my mood, combined with 2 anti-depressants. Helps me sleep well. Only thing is the side effects are horrible... slight restlessness, OCD symptoms, boredom. Also, I can only take it at bed time. If I take it during the day it makes me really ill, so I have to sleep it off."

Superpowers July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Latuda for about 4-5 months, after taking myself off Seroquel. Latuda seemed promising as it has less metabolic side effects than other atypical antipsychotics. However, Latuda immediately gave me severe anxiety (which added klonopin to my daily regiment). Towards the end of the 4-5 months, I began developing recurring and intense dark thoughts immediately after increasing my Latuda dosage. I instantly took myself off of the drug and am searching for a new atypical antipsychotic to fill its place. I know that Latuda has worked very well for some, but I want to add a warning that it can cause severe anxiety. Monitor your symptoms carefully with your doctor."

A little lost in my head July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had high hopes for Latuda for my depression. After my 1st dose, my anhedonia was immediately relieved and I could FEEL. It was amazing... It also quieted the chaos in my head, smothered out my anxiety/panic, and I was happy. After my 2nd dose of 10mgs, I had no desire to speak or move. I wasn't tired, I was just completely blank. But, I didn't feel anxious, so I took my 3rd dose, and the following day, I began experiencing intense, excruciating pain in every muscle in my body, and all of my muscles were very tense. I have myofascial pain syndrome, but I never felt pain to that extent in my life. 4th and 5th doses, no change, and I just couldn't take the pain anymore.... I'd still recommend giving it a shot though."

Jenna26583 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Love it for my anxiety I am on this with cymbalta and lamictal. I feel so calm and relaxed. I also feel happier."

Pepmath June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Well let me tell you about this so called latuda. I started it May 10 2017 20 mg once daily it is now June 7 I stopped cold turkey. I hated it first week lost my voice made my sugar go up, then week two bad muscle pain on right side, week 3 look out the panic attacks started running to ER every other day & bad rash. It might work for some but for me no I will NEVER EVER take this med again"

Bubbles72 June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Latuda now for approximately 6 weeks. I've noticed an increase in my desire to get up and move and overall wellness. I no longer think everyone is out to get me and actually enjoy going to work everyday. I had trouble falling asleep the first two weeks but that has subsided. One downfall is my blood pressure has been low (90/60) and has caused some light headedness. All in all if am also very blessed that my dr. introduced me to Latuda."

Ckeeter June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "been on 20 mg in the morning for five days. My doc prescribed it for depression. It did work in the way that after a couple of days I started feeling motivated and could get up from bed. Did enjoy doing things this week. Have a bit of headache and also today I noticed I was feeling very drowsy almost to the point if getting of the car as I was unable to drive. But I take clonazepam and buprenorphine for maintenance treatment of addiction, so don't know how is interacting with these meds and therefore my drowsiness. So far so good, but if I keep feeling drowsy will have to discontinue. Keep positive!!"

Ziggy81 June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for : "I've been on this Latuda 20mg for about a month for "depression". The dr didn't diagnose me with bi-polar or schizophrenia but she wants me on a mood stabilizer since NO anti depressant has ever worked for me. I feel moodier and more irritable. WTF."

DraeBayBay (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda has made me considerably moodier, over-reactive and mean, and EXTREMELY drowsy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Latuda is the fastest acting drug for bipolar depression I've experienced, without side effects. I was frankly dubious about ever finding anything that would work. Dr. prescribed it as an add on to Lamictal, which is a slow-acting drug. I took Latuda at 5 PM and the next day I was feeling noticeably better. On my 3rd day and I feel better than yesterday. If all goes well, this could be a miracle drug for me, even though it's too soon to know. It's been months after a mania episode that I've wind-down to a depressed state, that is not severe but has been constant, where I can't even remember the path to a thought pattern that isn't guilty, hopeless, or without pleasure. I've regained a peace of mind required to get therapeutic learned skills"

Friendly Ways May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Did not help depression and caused involuntary facial expressions even after stopping. Permanent... raised sugar diabetic???"

Anonymous May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on Latuda now for about a month. I've had no side effects and definitely feel much better. Haven't had any episodes and my depression has subsided. Couldn't be happier."

Nice Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am taking this for bipolar. I'm not taking it in any combination of other meds. So far I have had only good results. I was told it could have sedative affects but the opposite has been true with me. When I do fall asleep then I sleep just fine. Haven't experienced any weight gain. Latuda has helped me much more than anything else I have ever taken. I am a veteran and also have PTSD and it has even seemed to help with that. I recommend this drug, just give it a fair try. Some side affects diminish or go away over time."

Chaca35 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Latuda (lurasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I used Latuda for bipolar 2 depression for over a week. It was very expensive! I could feel a slight difference, more positive mood after a week, but nausea even after taking pill after a full large meal. The reason I stopped taking it was because two hours after taking the pill, I would fall asleep. Not just be tired but actually fall asleep at work. The naps I would take after taking the pill when at home were not fully rested, I would get chills, had to have layers of blankets for 3-4 hours. Then once I woke up I would feel fine but it would have ruined my sleep pattern for the night ahead. I think it will work well for someone who does wont experience those side effects. I would give it a try. Stay positive!"

MyFightSong (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017