User Reviews for Lurasidone to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Latuda

Lurasidone has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 80% of those users who reviewed Lurasidone reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Lurasidone Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Reviews for Lurasidone

ajenn55 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2021

“I have taken lurasidone for over a year now and it has saved my life. The positives are that I can focus again, I am not constantly slipping in and out of reality and I am sleeping a lot better. Before Lurisadone, I was self harming regularly and I was feeling suicidal. The first few weeks of taking Lurasidone was tough as it gave me side effects and made me feel extremely agitated for about 3 hours after taking it, but taking it at night means I don't feel the agitation. I have depression with borderline personality disorder and I also take and anti depressant.”

Siren · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 26, 2021

“Taking a combination of Latuda 40mg and Lexapro 20mg has saved my life. I have been on these medications for a year and I feel like I am getting my life back. The Latuda makes me feel depressed and sleepy so I take it at night, then I feel great in the morning and the following day ahead. I am working full time again and looking after my children. After being hospitalised for disassociation and psychosis, these medications and ongoing therapy have given me focus and happiness again.”

Cath · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2020

“After trying around five types of medication over several months, Latuda finally saved my life and made me the person I really am without a mental disorder. It doesn't solve all my problems, but I also have Quetiapine when I have severe anxiety. I used to get used to my other medication after just a couple of weeks or have bad side effects pretty quickly, but I have none of those problems with Latuda. This is clearly the best medication I have tried.”

Anonymous September 14, 2011

Latuda (lurasidone): “Been taking Latuda for about 3 months total, although in between I stopped after 2 weeks during the 1st month for no reason, then started up again after another 2 weeks. This time I'm taking it everyday. I decided to give it a real chance and so glad that I did. The biggest difference is the relationship I now have with my 3 year old daughter. Before because of my borderline disorder I was so on edge and stressed out, I would lose my cool easily over little things. I'd yell or cry when even a little frustrated. It was probably like walking on eggshells around mommy to her. No more of that though. I have almost completely changed the way I am around her, no more mean mommy. Just happy and calm now!”

Balancingact30 December 30, 2011

Latuda (lurasidone): “I always read reviews, but this is the first time I have ever felt the need to comment on anything online. I am on Wellbutrin 300mg and recently began Latuda 40mg and a month later Topamax. I didn't realize it was working until I noticed that EVERY relationship in my life had improved. My relationship with my husband, mother, siblings, kids, etc. My appetite began to increase so my doctor added Topamax and I regrettably stopped Latuda thinking they were both the same. Well I did stop eating as much, but a week later it was like I had lost all that progress. I was back to my old irritable unstable self. I will give Latuda credit for being the first and only medicine to make me "normal". ”

Lola_1995 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2015

“This drug made me really tired the first few days. My emotions were almost non existent the first 2 days. After two days my emotions were back but not nearly as strong. I didn't have the impulse to commit suicide every day. I didn't have horrible crying fits when I was home alone. My self harm stopped almost completely. I gained a little weight on it but that's OK, but I'll work to lose the weight the old fashioned way. It makes me drive less recklessly, as well has stopped my want to binge and purge. It helped make me a little more rational and much less turbulent. I've been able to joke around a lot easier, and not take everything to heart. I'm able to get out of bed in the morning without wanting to 'sleep the pain away'.”

Alex September 11, 2018

“I started this medication 2 weeks ago after being hospitalzed for Borderline personality disorder and I feel like I can finally breathe. I’m not as irritable, or suicidal, and I don’t want to hurt myself anymore. Please, if you are struggling consider this medication as it is saving my life. They even offer a program where you can get it for free. Thank you Latuda for helping me fight this.”

Rue · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2019

“Latuda is literally a lifesaver. I have been taking latuda 80mg for about, I want to say 1.5 years now and it has been the only medication to help with my BPD symptoms. I take Wellbutrin 300mg along with it which helps with depression a lot, but doesn’t help with anything else. Latuda keeps me clear minded and at ease. I don’t have as much social anxiety or paranoia when I take it and I don’t dissociate nearly as often or as badly when I do. Arguments are not as bad as they are when I don’t take it & I don’t seem “insane”. However, there are days where I am slightly unstable & do bad, impulsive things, but I feel guilty about it whereas when I am NOT taking latuda- I don’t feel any sort of guilt at all & there aren’t days of instability, but every day is unstable. The only reason I give 9 stars is because of the side effect that I have because of it. I am super shaky, like, can hardly eat rice on a fork without it all falling off- shaky.”

djenehhhsoeebtg November 12, 2016

“I am currently 3 weeks into Latuda 20mg in combination with 75mg of Zoloft. I have MDD and BPD. My constant mood swings and irrational behavior was too much to keep up with. I found side effect wise it made me very sleepy and groggy. I went from taking it with breakfast (you must take it with at least 350cal) to taking it with dinner and that solved that problem. Sometimes it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth too. If you eat a probiotic yogurt that will combat that sensation. I don't have it as much as when I first started taking it. I have not gained nor lost weight but remained stagnant. I feel like I have been more like a road with a few bumps here and there in comparison to a road with a million pot holes.”

Doctor what? · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 11, 2016

“Have been taking Latuda for 6 months.Latuda is letting my nice self come out and be around people,be more social where as other meds dont really do anything.Without Latuda,I destroy relationships and am a very angry person.I dont like that about myself.Must take with 350 calories.For me,it doesnt make me sick.When I sleep I dont dream. Everyday I feel a little jittery until I take it. Major downside $50 per tablet not per bottle but I get it free from my provider. Highly recommend it to anyone suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder but everybody is different.Thank God for Latuda its really changed my life for the better! I still have bad days but they are just once in a while not everyday like they used to be.”

alex · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

“It's a little disheartening to see a lot of positive reviews for Latuda with other BPD patients, but this was the worst medicine I've taken, besides lithium carbonate. 2 weeks into Latuda and I had severe akathesia, so bad that I was nearly convulsing and had to leave work and immediately go to my psych to drop the medicine. We tried splitting the pill in half (so take 20mg daily instead of 40mg) and within 2 days the same shaking and restlessness kicked in. I'm glad it worked for other people, but beware of some of the side effects if you're taking it for the first time. Anticonvulsants work better for me.”

Hippie girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

“Latuda has been like a miracle for me. I have borderline personality disorder and I have spent my entire life making erratic decisions and had serious impulse control and for the 1st time in my life (I'm 54) I can function normally. I still struggle at times with thoughts and things but I'm able to work every day, carry on normal conversations and am able to live alone and be happy in my own skin.”

Sophia57 January 16, 2017

“I don't know what to say yet. I realized I may have been borderline when they informed it was possible during being hospitalized when I was 14, I believe it has lead to me be entirely miserable and out of control since I was 10. I'm 30 now, I've wasted 20 years of my life wishing for either salvation or death always. I would give anything to be in control of myself and to stop hurting those I love. I want more than anything to save my 10 year long relationship. I'm so good to him. I'm so bad to him. I'm four days in and feel nothing yet. I feel hopeless and do not think anything will ever work. I will rate a 7 so it doesn't unfairly throw off the ratings, but if Latuda does not work for me I wonder if my only option is to give up.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2012

Latuda (lurasidone): “I've been going through this for 7 years and this is the first medicine to ever make me stable. Thank you Latuda.”

Tudala · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

“Latuda is a strong, independent medication those with borderline personality disorder who don’t want to have their mood swings or voices”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder