User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Major Depressive Disorder 5 reviews 46 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 180 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "Was on Zyprexa for a week 10mgs originally prescribed for sleep and coming off of Geodon. Gordon caused anxiety eventually. Zyprexa calmed me down but it was still hard to fall asleep without Ambien. I feel tired slow and hungry all the time the next day. But it did calm my nerves the next day so it may be worth it to give it a try."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has been very useful in reducing negative thinking. Most people take it at night. I find it more useful when I take it first thing in the morning. It works better if you avoid smoking. I've tried all different antipsychotics, Zyprexa is the only one that seems to work for me."

fyodor July 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "this drug didnt do shit to me. it actually made me feeling worse. my doctor doesnt want to take me off it. ive been taking it for 3 weeks for anxiety and hasnt done anything. plus i have put on 7 kilos. my dosage is 7.5 mg."

tonio78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa was effective at sedating me which prevented the psychotic aspects of my manic episodes from happening very quickly. Since I only had 2 manic episodes in the span of a year, I probably should've stopped taking Zyprexa around 6 months later. Unfortunately I took it for 5 more years which was a MASSIVE mistake. It caused me to be very drowsy and lethargic. Because I started taking it at age 19, I didn't realize the Zyprexa was the culprit until I stopped taking it. I thought I was just a sleepy person. It had a profoundly negative impact on my life because I took it way longer than I should have."

Johnnyjohnjohn (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine saved my life."

kaube000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2016

For Paranoid Disorder "i was prescribed 2.5mg dose. this medication has been excellent in reducing my hyper-vigilance. it has allowed me to sleep normally again. one side effect is it made my sleep apnea far worse. this caused reduced functionality in areas such as work. overall positive experience. just be aware of potential for compounding sleep apnea."

grrmartin June 6, 2016

For Depression "Started taking 2.5 mg Zyprexia a day 3 days ago. For years have taken 60 mg Celexa, .5 mg Clonazepam, and ( .5 mg Xanax if I need for emergency panic attack) They worked well until 6 years ago, my husband died, a year later my dad died.Two years after my dad passed his wife died, then 4mo. later my son, who had Downs Syndrome died on the operating table. I was really going into a deep black hole by then but it just got worse. A friend of 25 yrs died of cancer not even a year after my son. I can really feel a difference in just 3 days. No crying so far, been outside and to the store without panic attacks. Sleep really well. So far eating hasn't been a problem, have lots of energy, and just feel better. Hoping for a new lease on life!"

jpurplelady (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was admitted to the hospital for severe hydration due to vomitting from being sick for a wk and prior to that completely lost my appetite do to a gluon intolerance I had become frustrated with food and I couldn't sleep was angry all the time, I was put on Apo-olanzapine aka Zyprexa and set up with a psychiatrist as an out patient...here's the thing I was prescribed this med by the psychiatrist for weight gain, but it also boost my mood swell , I feel like I'm a level playing field and the game is fair again. Definitely helps with depression, as I don't feel all is consuming me anymore and I eat everything in sight, I put 5 pounds on in 1 wk!!! So beware of that, its strange because you CRAVE food, all you do is think about food...lol"

quicksand (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

For Depression "Started up Zyprexa 5mg along with 80mg of Prozac and 200 mg of lamctiI don't remember the last time I have felt this good.My family feels like they are living with a different person.I feel like a different person.My does of Prozac was upped and the lamctiI the same day they added Zyprexa.I feel wonderful but gaining weight.Even if my stomach feels full and bloated I sometimes still want to eat.Afraid to stop the Zyprexa because my life was a living hell for me and everybody in it.I never want to go back there.I could not survive such a deep dark depression again.I used to believe all the good years were gone and I was just existing.But I am living and loving it!!!!But extremely worried about the weight gain.Already have type 2 diabetes."

wildcats7 May 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Feel much better since I started Zyprexa!! Wished I had started it years ago! Zyprexa works quickly to calm a person down. Very progressive type of medication."

Magenta Clay (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on zyprexa for 5 days so far. I have been taking 2.5mg and I think I need to up the dose now to 5mg as it feels like it is wearing off. this medication is doing wonders for me, it is great! I can finally have 8 hours of un-disturbed sleep. Prior to commencing this medication, I was suffering from severe symptoms of mania such as insomnia, loss of appetite, high energy levels, psychotic symptoms (hearing voices, derealisation, making weird connections & magical experiences), making new plans, reckless spending & driving, new ideas, taking on too many tasks, agitation. the medication has calmed all of these symptoms. zyprexa is a god send for me. only side effect I have is low blood pressure from it."

Nataaaaalieee (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Depression "Was on Zyprexa from Mar 2015 till Aug 2015. At first it seemed like it was mellowing me out a bit, and I could sleep through the whole night, which was an improvement. After a few months I noticed my depression was getting much worse. Came off the drug cold turkey, and went through one of the most serious withdrawals one could face. Depression, severe anxiety, PTSD, night terrors took over. To this day Apr 2016, I have still not returned to the way I was before I started taking this horrible drug. Depression and anxiety are still bad, not as bad as 6 mos ago, but still worse than when I first started taking it. I'm convinced this drug can cause permanent brain damage."

rb1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

For Insomnia "It's Definetely was a love/hate relationship with Zyprexa. I have tried virtually every sleep drug available, and it was one of the best because it not only put me to sleep, but it also KEPT me asleep for 8 hours. Started at 2.5mg, then 5mg, & eventually 7.5. It did take a long time to kick in though, so I had to take it 2 hours before bedtime. But like everybody who takes this, I gained weight. But I found the 1 way you can actually lose weight on this drug, which is to combine exercise with Atkins diet (low carb). Zyprexa gives you metabolic syndrome. You no longer burn carbs, which means all carbs you eat becomes body fat, which is why you become fat on this stuff (so you have to stop eating carbs). I got off this drug after 1 year."

Chronic Insomniac (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been prescribed Zyprexa 10mg just two days ago. It was prescribed for insomnia and an extra medication for my depression. I have not slept as well as I was told I would. I have had major restlessness in my legs and arms to where I haven't slept well at all. I have felt very drowsy during the day. I have also tried Ambein which also gave me restlessness in my legs. Not sure if this is right one for me either. Maybe I just need more time? I have noticed I am eating more throughout the day. Not worried about that so much since I need to put on some weight."

Sleepy Lady March 24, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder "Extremely helpful when used as needed for extreme rage or fear, it re-balances my perspective and helps me keep in touch with reality. However when I used Zyprexa daily it did not help as much."

Aroehed (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Stops dead on track those manic/depressive crisis moments. And I love the hunger it gives me. Great pill for me. My AP of choice. Always take this with .5 or 1 mg of clonazepam. ;-)"

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Very effective medication if you can handle the side effects. I gained over 100 pounds from this medication. But the medication does work. That's why I am still on it. I now get a Zyprexa injection once a month (used to get it twice a month) and I take an oral tablet at night before bed. I take a Topamax pill now so I don't gain as much weight anymore. The other side effect is fatigue and lethargy but it's worth the side effects to stay stable and out of the hospital."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has made me extremely tired! I feel like I've lost all of my motivation. I am a teacher and a coach and find it extremely hard to get myself "up" to do these things. I am very tired in the morning and its not until late at night that I start to feel like myself again. Only in time to take the medication again and start the process over. It has taken away some anxiety symptoms and helped me sleep (a bit too much) but I feel down a lot because I feel like I lost my passion. I am slowly coming off of it and look forward to getting back to feeling like myself again. I empathize with people on this medication."

Jbazz123 February 12, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine sucked! I was asleep all the time, all day long! Couldn't function in school, couldn't function at work. I was tired all the time and was eating every food that I saw in front of me. If I could give 0 stars to this medication I would."

laluluke (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Zyprexa for about six months. It takes a long time to work (about five months), but when it does you feel much better. I had to struggle with suicidal thoughts for several months before it started working. You HAVE to take this if you are bipolar. Do NOT stop taking it, and have hope. If you are down or up and are reading this then you have to remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary mood. I know the struggle, and Zyprexa will help if you keep taking it."

joru819 February 4, 2016

For Schizophrenia "An amazing medication considering the earlier antiphsycotics available, I think its more expensive that could effect availability. I do suffer from shaky hands but its the only side effect noticed.I take 20mg at night, it doesn't make me sleepy, no weight gain or hangover effect. Don't increase the dose it doesn't help it just gives restless legs and I was informed a dangerous to increase"

Nutty Rich (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "My mother has a bipolar disorder..I just admitted it last month. She suffers from manic depression for a year then after a year depression occurred..most of the time she does embarrassing things "

eya (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed Zyprexa as a one pill cure for my OCD, Insomnia, Anxiety, And Manic Mood Disorder. I am steadily increasing the Zyprexa dosage starting with 2.5mg. At 5mg I can state that my OCD is practically gone. I still have the desire to keep things orderly, but I am not getting frustrated or angry. I can now leave things to do for another day without obsessing over and over in my mind. No changes for the Insomnia or Anxiety at this dosage. I will post as the dosage increases and the symptoms are relieved. I have no negative effects to report at 5mg Zyprexa."

RowdyB88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking zyprexa 5 grams...a day..and I don't get any affects from pill? It keeps me mellow but not tired like everyone says? Kinda helps with mood swings..but not really! At least not for me?"

meegy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I take gabapentin, and when I started it, I felt like I had finally found the miracle..but after a year it quit working. After this recent stay in the psych unit, My Doctor put me on Zyprexa 5mgs in the am, 10 mgs at night and it has been a Godsend..I feel so even, I sleep soundly, and wake up without no hangover, ready to take on the world. I have been eating like a pig, but I"m working on controlling that, and eating fruit and yogurt vs. cinnamon rolls and candy...The only drawback is I fear one day it will stop working. Overall, gabapentin and Zyprexa have been lifesavers!"

Zee-Zee November 10, 2015