User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Bipolar Disorder 94 reviews 28 medications

Depression 36 reviews 79 medications

6.6
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 157 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "I gained 10 lbs in under 1 week, which sets a speed record among the weight-gain meds I've taken. Since that pushed me up to the pre-diabetic border, my psychiatrist pulled me off of it ASAP - not to mention that when you're severely depressed, how is super chunking up supposed to make you feel better no matter how well the med works? 1 month & I would have been up 40 lbs! I felt no other side effects, nor any positive effects, but 1 week probably wasn't long enough for it to make a difference on my mood - only my rear end."

Gone Bananas (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had insomnia off and on since my daughter was born 11 years ago. I've tried everything under the sun for my insomnia. I started zyprexa 6 weeks ago, currently taking 30mg a night, and I can honestly say I feel like a new person. I'm sleeping about 9.5 hours a night now and feel great when I wake up! It does make me feel hungrier but I workout daily and stick to just 3 meals a day with no snacking in between and my weight is fine."

Rachel0123 April 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with psychotic depression for 7 months and my psychiatrist put me on zyprexa 5mg. After using antidepressants I got into mania. This medicine is a miracle. I was relieved in one week. I am still taking it but I became a bit hesitant to continue due to some horrible reviews. Tried Invega And had suicidal thoughts. This medicine is great for mood with combination with lamictal."

MT2233 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine never made the voices I heard go away-though I'll admit they were a bit calmer. They couldn't have been anything but though, considering the fog I was in because of the side effects. I felt NOTHING, not happiness, depression, calmness, anxiety. I saw no wonder in the world, felt no kind of joy. It was no way to live-it wasn't living. It was existing, and that side effect didn't go away despite my taking it for months. Another side effect was the weight gain-in three months I'd gained thirty pounds."

Owlem (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I developed an illness that evolved in stages. A few stages in I lost the ability to sleep naturally. This was about eleven years ago. A few years went by trying every sleep med with utter failure. Ambien, Lunesta, benzodiazepines, trazadone, most atypical antipsychotics. Eventually a new lifestyle evolved where I would be up for near three days straight then sleep for a full day, repeat. What finally put me to sleep was a little risperidone and a megadose of seroquel. Risperdal "allowed" me to fall asleep, while max dose of seroquel "KEPT ME in sleeping state "long enough" and "deep enough." 3am now, tried 10mg of zyprexa an hour ago alone, its barely affecting me. Remeron with halved seroquel/risperdal, put me down great."

John Doe Alias March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "This medicine has made me gain a lot of weight due to the fact I get hungry about 2 hours after taking it. After eating I always pass out and sleep through the night till I have to wake up for my job at 7 a.m. I have been taking this medication for two years now so I do not wake up groggy and foggy. This medication to me is a life saver for putting me to sleep and keeping me asleep. Just be careful with the night hungers! Other then that would totally recommend the medication if you can't sleep at night."

R pack March 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It's a wonder drug it has taken my voices away and seeing things away. My paranoia is still there but alot better. My moods are under control as well"

austins dad January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "It's a great medicine no side effects so far keeping my mood under control along with carbamazepine ER."

austins dad January 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Definitely relieved morning anxiety attacks. I'm also taking Effexor and Klonopin. I take the Zyprexa at night because it does make me sleepy. I wasn't eating anything at all before starting this drug, so I'm not worried yet about the weight gain; I'm not overdoing it with the food. I don't plan to be on this for long; my doctor told me it's not really a maintenance medication. But if it gets me through the Holidays and my horrible anxiety about work, I'm fine with that."

Maxiemar December 23, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I started Zyprexa 6 months ago after I was hospitalized to the psych ward and diagnosed schitzoaffective, I'm also bipolar. It has been pretty darn good, makes me sleepy which is good for bedtime, I get between 8-15 hours of sleep a night. In July when I was in the hospital I weighed 98 pounds, I have gained 30 pounds since, but Im worried I'll keep gaining more weight, which is why I am thinking of looking for other medications that can treat both the ups and downs and the delusions and hallucinations. Other than the the major weight gain, its good."

HaskinsA December 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "Worked great for me. Not only did it control my perception of reality, it also takes away the strange emotional attachments that I was having. It made me go from sitting on the couch hidding, to working full time as an electrician, sometimes up to 10 hours a day, something I thought I would never be able to do again. There were only two problems. I was unmotivated, I didn't have any passion for life. I was just going through the motions. However this is much better that being psychotic and suicidal. In the 9 months I was on the medication, I gained almost 100 pounds. This happened even when I was eating the same amount as before I was medicated. Again, this is far better than being angry and paranoid."

Naboo Bear December 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "First year on 5mg at night helped my mood, anger outbursts and anxiety a great deal. Did develop high cholesterol and gained 15 pounds, but the trade off was worth it. Also helps wonderfully with insomnia. After the year mark it was no longer handling my anger well. Started having 2-3 inappropriate outbursts a week. Pdoc started me on geodon but couldn't handle the side effects, so back to the zyprexa I went with another 2.5mg added in the morning and gained another 6 pounds. Have tried other AAPs but can't handle the side effects so I'm still on the zyprexa for now until I get brave enough to try something else again. Taking with Pristiq, Trileptal, Vistiril and Xanax."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "After having tried just about every medication. Zyprexa is the one that kept me asleep. Of course there are some mornings I wake up early. Like about 4-5 in the morning. Those nights are rare. As far as weight gain? It hasn't been an issue. And I wish everybody the best of luck while taking these medications. Because finding the right fit takes lots of patience:)"

Bubbles... (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this because I need to get my mood stable and it doesn't work for me all. I'm 113 lbs and haven't noticed any weight gain, I am really sleepy and thirsty during the night but it helps with my mood."

Jamaican empress (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been so unwell off meds for over a year and vomiting daily due to bipolar. I thought vomiting was from physical illness. As soon as i started this med all bp symptoms left AND my stomach is settled. No sexual side effects. Old me is back. No sides! Miracle drug! Weight gain for me will be a pkus not negative"

Yaybdtubfuj December 6, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I took 3mgs of Zyprexa, contained in Symbyax, nightly for about 6 years. The medicine worked well for the first 2 to 3 years. Around year four I started having severe side effects and did not realize it was from the Zyprexa as it had been working so well. I suffered with increasing seizures for about three more years. Bad ones. I wound up in the hospital emergency room and it was the ER doctor that informed me that the Zyprexa was causing the problem. My regular doctor denied Zyprexa as a contributing factor to my seizures. I quit the Zyprexa cold turkey. To say the least it was an absolutely horrible experience. Wean off this drug over a long period of time and even then get ready for horrendous withdrawal symptoms after your last dose."

Ed McLendon (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 26, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Started Zyprexa 5mg for a week, bumped up to 10mg...This medication works well for me. Im able to control my depression & irritability better. Weight gain is fine for me as I only weiged 98 pounds when I started the medication, I am now 108 after two weeks & I am not complaining. I've been getting insomnia since starting the 10mg. I wake up around 12,1 or 2 in the am and cant go back to sleep. Will definitely talk to Psych about this problem"

Gully Goddess 5150 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I love Zyprexa (Olanzapine) it has calmed and removed my insanity. I now longer have panic attacks and irritability. I work in retail and i have been in trouble several times with my managers because i snap at costumers. But with Zyprexa it all went away it was amazing........BUT!!! i have to stop taking it because it caused SO MUCH weight gain. I use to weigh 170lbs and within a year i weigh now 226lbs. I don't even eat that much and i still don't lose weight. there's no point going to the gym and doing cardio because the pill prevents me from losing it. So now i have to ask my doctor to give me a medication that doesn't cause weight gain for i can lose the weight. I am so depressed that i have to stop taking it. it has worked wonders 4 me"

eliasadc (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "In 2010 I take Zyprexa 20mg for 2 months. Now I manage to eat one meal a day cause I got diarrhea up to 5 times per day. I'm surprise to be alive. I hate so much what Zyprexa did to me cause it's so awful."

piceli (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Amazing drug ! Love it ."

Dibdo (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "For a few days its take major energy at 2.5 mg, but later its make me ever tired and sleepy. I don't know what this drug work."

Unexist October 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "after 4 weeks on this medication my partner of 18 years a 35 year old man died from its side effects"

mcdougall rae mich (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed Zyprexa after taking Duloxetine/Cymbalta made me suicidal. It did mellow my mood, helped me gain back the 30 lbs I had lost during height of illness. Hated the inability to laugh or cry. Hated the dry mouth. As a dancer the stiff, dry joints were dangerous. I hurt my knee because the extreme change in my flexibility. Took it for 3 months."

Kmotion October 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tourette's Syndrome "OK here goes. Never written a review about this stuff. I have been on Zyprexa for 20 years and still taking it. I'm 65 years old, and have had Tourette's my whole life (as you all have). Zyprexa has given me more relief than any drug I have ever tried, and I've tried them all to include the Horrible Haldol. I have 2 sons in their 40's and never any sign of Tourette's. I've just had my first grandchild, so I willl pay close attention to him. There has been a price to pay. In the 20 years I've taken Zyprexa I've gained 45 pounds. I don't like it much either, but never seriously tried to lose the weight if it is even possible. In the past couple of years, I've developed Type II diabetes or I should say "pre-diabetic"."

05H-ditty-bopper September 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication is terrible. Made me feel drowsy and nauseous and eventually put me into the hospital causing pancreatitis."

t_stiver September 27, 2016