User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 198 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Depression "Definitely relieved morning anxiety attacks. I'm also taking Effexor and Klonopin. I take the Zyprexa at night because it does make me sleepy. I wasn't eating anything at all before starting this drug, so I'm not worried yet about the weight gain; I'm not overdoing it with the food. I don't plan to be on this for long; my doctor told me it's not really a maintenance medication. But if it gets me through the Holidays and my horrible anxiety about work, I'm fine with that."

Maxiemar December 23, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I started Zyprexa 6 months ago after I was hospitalized to the psych ward and diagnosed schitzoaffective, I'm also bipolar. It has been pretty darn good, makes me sleepy which is good for bedtime, I get between 8-15 hours of sleep a night. In July when I was in the hospital I weighed 98 pounds, I have gained 30 pounds since, but Im worried I'll keep gaining more weight, which is why I am thinking of looking for other medications that can treat both the ups and downs and the delusions and hallucinations. Other than the the major weight gain, its good."

HaskinsA December 20, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Worked great for me. Not only did it control my perception of reality, it also takes away the strange emotional attachments that I was having. It made me go from sitting on the couch hidding, to working full time as an electrician, sometimes up to 10 hours a day, something I thought I would never be able to do again. There were only two problems. I was unmotivated, I didn't have any passion for life. I was just going through the motions. However this is much better that being psychotic and suicidal. In the 9 months I was on the medication, I gained almost 100 pounds. This happened even when I was eating the same amount as before I was medicated. Again, this is far better than being angry and paranoid."

Naboo Bear December 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "First year on 5mg at night helped my mood, anger outbursts and anxiety a great deal. Did develop high cholesterol and gained 15 pounds, but the trade off was worth it. Also helps wonderfully with insomnia. After the year mark it was no longer handling my anger well. Started having 2-3 inappropriate outbursts a week. Pdoc started me on geodon but couldn't handle the side effects, so back to the zyprexa I went with another 2.5mg added in the morning and gained another 6 pounds. Have tried other AAPs but can't handle the side effects so I'm still on the zyprexa for now until I get brave enough to try something else again. Taking with Pristiq, Trileptal, Vistiril and Xanax."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2016

For Insomnia "After having tried just about every medication. Zyprexa is the one that kept me asleep. Of course there are some mornings I wake up early. Like about 4-5 in the morning. Those nights are rare. As far as weight gain? It hasn't been an issue. And I wish everybody the best of luck while taking these medications. Because finding the right fit takes lots of patience:)"

Bubbles... (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I started this because I need to get my mood stable and it doesn't work for me all. I'm 113 lbs and haven't noticed any weight gain, I am really sleepy and thirsty during the night but it helps with my mood."

Jamaican empress (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been so unwell off meds for over a year and vomiting daily due to bipolar. I thought vomiting was from physical illness. As soon as i started this med all bp symptoms left AND my stomach is settled. No sexual side effects. Old me is back. No sides! Miracle drug! Weight gain for me will be a pkus not negative"

Yaybdtubfuj December 6, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I took 3mgs of Zyprexa, contained in Symbyax, nightly for about 6 years. The medicine worked well for the first 2 to 3 years. Around year four I started having severe side effects and did not realize it was from the Zyprexa as it had been working so well. I suffered with increasing seizures for about three more years. Bad ones. I wound up in the hospital emergency room and it was the ER doctor that informed me that the Zyprexa was causing the problem. My regular doctor denied Zyprexa as a contributing factor to my seizures. I quit the Zyprexa cold turkey. To say the least it was an absolutely horrible experience. Wean off this drug over a long period of time and even then get ready for horrendous withdrawal symptoms after your last dose."

Ed McLendon (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Started Zyprexa 5mg for a week, bumped up to 10mg...This medication works well for me. Im able to control my depression & irritability better. Weight gain is fine for me as I only weiged 98 pounds when I started the medication, I am now 108 after two weeks & I am not complaining. I've been getting insomnia since starting the 10mg. I wake up around 12,1 or 2 in the am and cant go back to sleep. Will definitely talk to Psych about this problem"

Gully Goddess 5150 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I love Zyprexa (Olanzapine) it has calmed and removed my insanity. I now longer have panic attacks and irritability. I work in retail and i have been in trouble several times with my managers because i snap at costumers. But with Zyprexa it all went away it was amazing........BUT!!! i have to stop taking it because it caused SO MUCH weight gain. I use to weigh 170lbs and within a year i weigh now 226lbs. I don't even eat that much and i still don't lose weight. there's no point going to the gym and doing cardio because the pill prevents me from losing it. So now i have to ask my doctor to give me a medication that doesn't cause weight gain for i can lose the weight. I am so depressed that i have to stop taking it. it has worked wonders 4 me"

eliasadc (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

For Depression "In 2010 I take Zyprexa 20mg for 2 months. Now I manage to eat one meal a day cause I got diarrhea up to 5 times per day. I'm surprise to be alive. I hate so much what Zyprexa did to me cause it's so awful."

piceli (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Amazing drug ! Love it ."

Dibdo (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Depression "For a few days its take major energy at 2.5 mg, but later its make me ever tired and sleepy. I don't know what this drug work."

Unexist October 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "after 4 weeks on this medication my partner of 18 years a 35 year old man died from its side effects"

mcdougall rae mich (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed Zyprexa after taking Duloxetine/Cymbalta made me suicidal. It did mellow my mood, helped me gain back the 30 lbs I had lost during height of illness. Hated the inability to laugh or cry. Hated the dry mouth. As a dancer the stiff, dry joints were dangerous. I hurt my knee because the extreme change in my flexibility. Took it for 3 months."

Kmotion October 4, 2016

For Tourette's Syndrome "OK here goes. Never written a review about this stuff. I have been on Zyprexa for 20 years and still taking it. I'm 65 years old, and have had Tourette's my whole life (as you all have). Zyprexa has given me more relief than any drug I have ever tried, and I've tried them all to include the Horrible Haldol. I have 2 sons in their 40's and never any sign of Tourette's. I've just had my first grandchild, so I willl pay close attention to him. There has been a price to pay. In the 20 years I've taken Zyprexa I've gained 45 pounds. I don't like it much either, but never seriously tried to lose the weight if it is even possible. In the past couple of years, I've developed Type II diabetes or I should say "pre-diabetic"."

05H-ditty-bopper September 29, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication is terrible. Made me feel drowsy and nauseous and eventually put me into the hospital causing pancreatitis."

t_stiver September 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Worked well for three months and then developed severe side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Was on Zyprexa for a week 10mgs originally prescribed for sleep and coming off of Geodon. Gordon caused anxiety eventually. Zyprexa calmed me down but it was still hard to fall asleep without Ambien. I feel tired slow and hungry all the time the next day. But it did calm my nerves the next day so it may be worth it to give it a try."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has been very useful in reducing negative thinking. Most people take it at night. I find it more useful when I take it first thing in the morning. It works better if you avoid smoking. I've tried all different antipsychotics, Zyprexa is the only one that seems to work for me."

fyodor July 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "this drug didnt do shit to me. it actually made me feeling worse. my doctor doesnt want to take me off it. ive been taking it for 3 weeks for anxiety and hasnt done anything. plus i have put on 7 kilos. my dosage is 7.5 mg."

tonio78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa was effective at sedating me which prevented the psychotic aspects of my manic episodes from happening very quickly. Since I only had 2 manic episodes in the span of a year, I probably should've stopped taking Zyprexa around 6 months later. Unfortunately I took it for 5 more years which was a MASSIVE mistake. It caused me to be very drowsy and lethargic. Because I started taking it at age 19, I didn't realize the Zyprexa was the culprit until I stopped taking it. I thought I was just a sleepy person. It had a profoundly negative impact on my life because I took it way longer than I should have."

Johnnyjohnjohn (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine saved my life."

kaube000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2016

For Paranoid Disorder "i was prescribed 2.5mg dose. this medication has been excellent in reducing my hyper-vigilance. it has allowed me to sleep normally again. one side effect is it made my sleep apnea far worse. this caused reduced functionality in areas such as work. overall positive experience. just be aware of potential for compounding sleep apnea."

grrmartin June 6, 2016

For Depression "Started taking 2.5 mg Zyprexia a day 3 days ago. For years have taken 60 mg Celexa, .5 mg Clonazepam, and ( .5 mg Xanax if I need for emergency panic attack) They worked well until 6 years ago, my husband died, a year later my dad died.Two years after my dad passed his wife died, then 4mo. later my son, who had Downs Syndrome died on the operating table. I was really going into a deep black hole by then but it just got worse. A friend of 25 yrs died of cancer not even a year after my son. I can really feel a difference in just 3 days. No crying so far, been outside and to the store without panic attacks. Sleep really well. So far eating hasn't been a problem, have lots of energy, and just feel better. Hoping for a new lease on life!"

jpurplelady (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016