User Reviews for Zyprexa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zyprexa.

Zyprexa Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.

Reviews for Zyprexa to treat Major Depressive Disorder

"Wow this medication has helped me tremendously lower my anxiety and actually enjoy going out and the intrusive thoughts have not disappeared totally but I am able to shrug them off. I was taking 2.5mg in the morning and 2.5 at night but successfully decreased by half for day and night.CBT has helped as well. I am not a doctor but if your debating on if you should take it I would. The weight gain is a side effect but I have managed by limiting to 3 meals a day and not having any sweets in the house. Take note I am also on Cipralex and Lamotrigine so the cocktail of meds is helping alot"

Happy Dude (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This taken with Zoloft helped me tremendously with my mdd, ptsd and ocd. Did gain some weight this last time taking it, but mentally feel 98% better"

Katjo80 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Avoid this like the plague! I have had irreversible damage to my metabolic system because of this medication including my thyroid. Evidence came out after the medications release that they hid these symptoms to get a quick release. Gained 30lbs in 2 months on this. I weaned off 10 years ago and am still dealing with the ramifications of this drug. Not worth it."

Zzzach (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Amazing drug ! Love it ."

Dibdo (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"after 4 weeks on this medication my partner of 18 years a 35 year old man died from its side effects"

mcdougall rae mich (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed Zyprexa after taking Duloxetine/Cymbalta made me suicidal. It did mellow my mood, helped me gain back the 30 lbs I had lost during height of illness. Hated the inability to laugh or cry. Hated the dry mouth. As a dancer the stiff, dry joints were dangerous. I hurt my knee because the extreme change in my flexibility. Took it for 3 months."

Kmotion October 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"this drug didnt do shit to me. it actually made me feeling worse. my doctor doesnt want to take me off it. ive been taking it for 3 weeks for anxiety and hasnt done anything. plus i have put on 7 kilos. my dosage is 7.5 mg."

tonio78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zyprexa has been a life-saver. I was literally to the brink of suicide because of my Major Depression, Generalized Anxiety, slight Bipolar II, OCD, PTSD, and Depersonalization/Derealization. I have been on it for about a week and I feel complete difference already. No more night terrors, no more worry about the littlest things, no more feeling anxious around people, and no more not feeling like my bad self again. I feel the best I've felt in 2 years cause of this! All my symptoms have gone away with little sode effects, despite the weight gain and a lethargy an hour after taking it. I take at night, 5 mgs, I may start taking 2.5 mgs in the morning to help the morning edge off. I heard allot about the diabetes, hope it doesn't happen to me."

DPDR Guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 5'3" tall and weigh 94lbs. I was prescribed several different antidepressants over a span of ten years along with Klonopin 1mg tid and Remeron 45mgs at bedtime for anxiety. I finally decided to see a Psychiatrist and she put me on 2.5mg of Zyprexa at bedtime. Just one dose and I was a completely different person! I woke up rested, smiling, happy, energized and a sense of well being again! This drug was like night and day for me! I am now on day 5 and I just keep feeling better! I am doing things I never dreamed I would and was able to get the job I've always wanted! For me, Zyprexa has truly changed my life and I hope it helps others the way it has helped me! The only side effect I've had is increased appetite (which I needed). :)"

S.NewMe (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For the amount of calmness I got from this drug, I was still physically alert and able. That's more than can say for most antipsychotics. It helped me sleep, and the following day my anxieties were lessened. I also found weird glimmers of hope in things, that had to be my depression lifting. It's a miracle to me. However, I gained 20 pounds in one month, and the doctor saw that as a reason to get me off the drug. Food had this crazy magnetism about it; it quickly became the most valuable thing on the planet, and I was having cravings for food unlike anything I've ever craved. If you can take the drug without binge eating, congratulations, because it works. Still, most people on this are overweight."

Steve Stevenson (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I gained 100 lbs but slept well and felt mentally ok"

Mecrazy March 10, 2015