User Reviews for Zyprexa (Page 4)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zyprexa.

Schizophrenia

Bipolar Disorder

Major Depressive Disorder

Depression
6.3

Summary of Zyprexa reviews 6.5 179 reviews

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Paranoid Disorder "Not bad"

Neil long (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2015

For Depression "Sure this med can keep depression at bay but it can also cause some really horrible side effects. After being on this med for 1 yr I went from being a healthy 170 lbs (women's size 12) to 250 lbs (size 20). It made me so lethargic and tired. I would sleep for 14 hours a day and still be dragging out of bed. About 2 months ago was the final straw. I got blood work done by my GP and my triglycerides were through the roof as well as elevated blood sugar. The doc was ready to put me on meds for diabetes! I'm only 25 and I just wanted my health back so last week I went to a new doc who got me off this horrible stuff. I feel like a new person without this toxic med in my body. Now on Viibryd."

beedoose November 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar manic depressive , acute anxiety, depression, ocd , borderline personality, and post traumatic stress syndrome, when I was 21... postpartum depression triggered something, I was constantly agitated and angry, and sad, .I would wake up angry, and cry allll day...my Dr prescribed me 20 mg zyprexa and I swear to you I was terrified, that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to really work (I didn't have 4 to 6 weeks to wait , I felt...) I was nearly over the edge completely, constantly thinking suicide, I took my first dose of zyprexa and the very next morning I woke up wonderful!!! I still get upset , but not like before, this medicine was truly a miracle for me"

Bi polar manic depressive (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zyprexa has been a life-saver. I was literally to the brink of suicide because of my Major Depression, Generalized Anxiety, slight Bipolar II, OCD, PTSD, and Depersonalization/Derealization. I have been on it for about a week and I feel complete difference already. No more night terrors, no more worry about the littlest things, no more feeling anxious around people, and no more not feeling like my bad self again. I feel the best I've felt in 2 years cause of this! All my symptoms have gone away with little sode effects, despite the weight gain and a lethargy an hour after taking it. I take at night, 5 mgs, I may start taking 2.5 mgs in the morning to help the morning edge off. I heard allot about the diabetes, hope it doesn't happen to me."

DPDR Guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It's day two on this med. I started it to treat my focus, depression, anxiety and paranoia. It's been good so far. I am hoping to increase my dose to 10mg in a week. Hopefully things keep getting better. I am on lithium ability Paxil gabapentin and zyprexa. Seems to be a great combo for me."

Kretsim October 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am 5'3" tall and weigh 94lbs. I was prescribed several different antidepressants over a span of ten years along with Klonopin 1mg tid and Remeron 45mgs at bedtime for anxiety. I finally decided to see a Psychiatrist and she put me on 2.5mg of Zyprexa at bedtime. Just one dose and I was a completely different person! I woke up rested, smiling, happy, energized and a sense of well being again! This drug was like night and day for me! I am now on day 5 and I just keep feeling better! I am doing things I never dreamed I would and was able to get the job I've always wanted! For me, Zyprexa has truly changed my life and I hope it helps others the way it has helped me! The only side effect I've had is increased appetite (which I needed). :)"

S.NewMe (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug caused me a lot of problems. At first it made my mania go away, but after a month on it I developed very stiff muscles. I was given cogentin but that didn't help, and after two months I became very spaced out and my family said I was saying some weird stuff but I couldn't remember. My pdoc finally took me off zyprexa after 4 months when I showed her how stiff my muscles had become ( walking a block was a chore) and told her my leg would start twitching by itself. Overall horrible experience."

Tkv (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Was hospitalized after psychotic break proscribed Zyprexa 20mg at first the medicine was ok my paranoia and schizophenic thoughts went away. But after about two weeks i started to notice the side affects weight gain was the most obvious gained 40 pounds in two months and sleep i was sleeping 9-12 hours a night it was difficult to wake up in the morning. During the day i felt unmotivated and at work i had no energy even after drinking an energy drink.lowerd my dose to 5mg it didnt make difference. after about 6 months i had enough decided to try an other medication now i fell much better. bottom line Zyprexa was the worst med ive ever tried.If you want to try this med beware you will gain weight."

Goodfella90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Insomnia "If you take this medicine, don't expect to be able to stay awake during the day for a while. It takes time to get used to. As far as how good it is at helping you get to sleep? 10/10, I can't imagine propofol would be more effective."

LordSheogorath (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 3, 2015

For Insomnia "Ok, so while I have only begun this last night.. I can say I did fall asleep, which doesn't happen until after midnight, and I only woke up once to pee. I slept for almost 10 hours compared to my restless 4 if that. My only complaint so far is this entire day I have wanted to do NOTHING. I am so tired, I don't want to do anything besides sleep and I don't like this feeling. And I can say I've been hungier today than usual, so I'm paying attention to what I'm eating so I don't overeat.. After a while I'll update my review."

mlf4 August 28, 2015

For Depression "Zyprexa brought me out of a severe depression within a day or two. It has also been fairly helpful with anxiety/panic attacks. Unfortunately, I have gained over 40lbs and never feel full. It has also increased my cholesterol and fasting blood sugars. I've also noticed I don't have much energy or drive. Due to the metabolic issues my doctor wants me to try latuda."

Anonymous July 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa has given me my life back in 4 weeks! I have the worst panic attacks and chronic nausea ever!! I have been on every medication under the sun with no relief, if not worse nausea because of the side effects of all the medications. I was on Klonopin, propranolol, hydroxyzine, and zofran every single day and I was still having really bad nausea and panic attacks so bad, I could not leave my house. Dr. prescribed Zyprexa 5mg and after 3 days, I started eating again. I have already gained 2 lbs but I needed to because I was so nauseated I couldn't eat. I'm so excited that I can eat again without feeling everything is going to come back up!!!! I hope it doesn't "poop-out" on me bc It's been a miracle!!"

Shyllie July 24, 2015

For Schizophrenia "This drug has turned down the volume on a lot of my voices. Which is great. I sleep better and take more naps during the day. Also notice my appetite increased which is where I think people mean they gain weight on this med. I just exercise an hour a day. My mood is kinda flat lined."

schizoeffective (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

For Depression "This medication has made me unemotional and boring and like many others I'm forever hungry. I have put on an insane amount of weight, admittedly needed, due to suffering anorexia, but when I started on this medication I weighed 37kg and 6 months later nearly doubled to 65 kg. This I feel is an unnatural weight gain in such a short time, and now I don't go out due to feeling bad about how I look."

Chook123 July 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "If I could give this a zero rating I would...I was put on this medicine at 16 and it intensified all my issues.....It made me go into constant fits of rage and I gained almost 50 pounds...By far the worst medicine I've taken"

Marr June 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine is very effective for bipolar. Before this, I cannot sleep at night, because my mind race. Finally after taken this I feel wonderful and no depressed anymore.. The effect is weight gain, before this my weight just around 74 kg, now it went to 99 kg..."

Mica89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Everything is worse so much worse this medicine has intensified everything and I have a ton of side effects"

Sick within well it's mine (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the amount of calmness I got from this drug, I was still physically alert and able. That's more than can say for most antipsychotics. It helped me sleep, and the following day my anxieties were lessened. I also found weird glimmers of hope in things, that had to be my depression lifting. It's a miracle to me. However, I gained 20 pounds in one month, and the doctor saw that as a reason to get me off the drug. Food had this crazy magnetism about it; it quickly became the most valuable thing on the planet, and I was having cravings for food unlike anything I've ever craved. If you can take the drug without binge eating, congratulations, because it works. Still, most people on this are overweight."

Steve Stevenson (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been on zyprexa since 2006. Although it causes weight gain, I've decided to weight train or do cardio for an hour every day, which is helping. The weight can continue, but from my experience, it was only when I was inactive. I also feel a little sedated but that doesn't keep me from doing things. The hallucinations are about 90% gone. Overall, zyprexa works for me as it's one of the two drugs that worked because most of the other drugs I tried were not effective, reacted with my skin, or did nothing."

chocobo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder "Helped in the beginning of the first few weeks,but later my mood became more paranoid. I'm not saying this medicine will make you paranoid, but it doesn't work for me. Plus it does make you gain weight like 40lbs. in 8 weeks."

JimB56985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder "It was OK. I gained alot of weight on it. I went from 210 to 255pounds in four months. Didn't help my suspicious behavior. I think Seroquel XR was a better drug for me, but I had to take a very high dose of Seroquel XR. I'm considering asking the doctor to put me on an old psychotic med like Prolixin. I have had some good results but I stopped the meds early because I was afraid of all the side effects especially tardia dys."

ClarkGabel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2015

For Insomnia "This medicine is a God send. I've tried every sleeping pill in the book (Ambien, Trazodone, Seroquel, Elavil, ETC.) None of them would keep me asleep the whole night. 10mg of this and I sleep like a baby and don't have the racing thoughts. Only problem is it's real hard to get out of bed and get moving."

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed as bipolar in 1987.I've always been treatment resistant. Nothing and I mean no meds have ever helped me before.I've tried everything over the years only to have bad side effects and no relief. ECT was actually being recommended to me then my Dr put me on a Zyprexa/ Prozac combination and for the first time in my life I've gotten relief from my symptoms and no side effects. I can finally think clearly. I feel like a totally new person a much better one."

LocaWhetta March 24, 2015

For Depression "I am in shock as to the MIRACLE of Olanzipine. A 2 year severe depression, with extreme anxiety, insomnia, and paranoia DISAPEARED the first week on this medicine. Before, my depression was so bad, I stopped brushing my hair, I could barely function, my sadness so profound. After 1 week on Zyprexa, I am finally back to myself, taking good care of myself, sadness is 90% gone, smiling again!"

TheGoodWife42 March 22, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I gained 100 lbs but slept well and felt mentally ok"

Mecrazy March 10, 2015