User Reviews for Zyprexa (Page 4)

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Bipolar Disorder 102 reviews 29 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 46 medications

6.1
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 173 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug caused me a lot of problems. At first it made my mania go away, but after a month on it I developed very stiff muscles. I was given cogentin but that didn't help, and after two months I became very spaced out and my family said I was saying some weird stuff but I couldn't remember. My pdoc finally took me off zyprexa after 4 months when I showed her how stiff my muscles had become ( walking a block was a chore) and told her my leg would start twitching by itself. Overall horrible experience."

Tkv (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Was hospitalized after psychotic break proscribed Zyprexa 20mg at first the medicine was ok my paranoia and schizophenic thoughts went away. But after about two weeks i started to notice the side affects weight gain was the most obvious gained 40 pounds in two months and sleep i was sleeping 9-12 hours a night it was difficult to wake up in the morning. During the day i felt unmotivated and at work i had no energy even after drinking an energy drink.lowerd my dose to 5mg it didnt make difference. after about 6 months i had enough decided to try an other medication now i fell much better. bottom line Zyprexa was the worst med ive ever tried.If you want to try this med beware you will gain weight."

Goodfella90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "If you take this medicine, don't expect to be able to stay awake during the day for a while. It takes time to get used to. As far as how good it is at helping you get to sleep? 10/10, I can't imagine propofol would be more effective."

LordSheogorath (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Ok, so while I have only begun this last night.. I can say I did fall asleep, which doesn't happen until after midnight, and I only woke up once to pee. I slept for almost 10 hours compared to my restless 4 if that. My only complaint so far is this entire day I have wanted to do NOTHING. I am so tired, I don't want to do anything besides sleep and I don't like this feeling. And I can say I've been hungier today than usual, so I'm paying attention to what I'm eating so I don't overeat.. After a while I'll update my review."

mlf4 August 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Zyprexa brought me out of a severe depression within a day or two. It has also been fairly helpful with anxiety/panic attacks. Unfortunately, I have gained over 40lbs and never feel full. It has also increased my cholesterol and fasting blood sugars. I've also noticed I don't have much energy or drive. Due to the metabolic issues my doctor wants me to try latuda."

Anonymous July 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa has given me my life back in 4 weeks! I have the worst panic attacks and chronic nausea ever!! I have been on every medication under the sun with no relief, if not worse nausea because of the side effects of all the medications. I was on Klonopin, propranolol, hydroxyzine, and zofran every single day and I was still having really bad nausea and panic attacks so bad, I could not leave my house. Dr. prescribed Zyprexa 5mg and after 3 days, I started eating again. I have already gained 2 lbs but I needed to because I was so nauseated I couldn't eat. I'm so excited that I can eat again without feeling everything is going to come back up!!!! I hope it doesn't "poop-out" on me bc It's been a miracle!!"

Shyllie July 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This drug has turned down the volume on a lot of my voices. Which is great. I sleep better and take more naps during the day. Also notice my appetite increased which is where I think people mean they gain weight on this med. I just exercise an hour a day. My mood is kinda flat lined."

schizoeffective (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication has made me unemotional and boring and like many others I'm forever hungry. I have put on an insane amount of weight, admittedly needed, due to suffering anorexia, but when I started on this medication I weighed 37kg and 6 months later nearly doubled to 65 kg. This I feel is an unnatural weight gain in such a short time, and now I don't go out due to feeling bad about how I look."

Chook123 July 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "If I could give this a zero rating I would...I was put on this medicine at 16 and it intensified all my issues.....It made me go into constant fits of rage and I gained almost 50 pounds...By far the worst medicine I've taken"

Marr June 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine is very effective for bipolar. Before this, I cannot sleep at night, because my mind race. Finally after taken this I feel wonderful and no depressed anymore.. The effect is weight gain, before this my weight just around 74 kg, now it went to 99 kg..."

Mica89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Everything is worse so much worse this medicine has intensified everything and I have a ton of side effects"

Sick within well it's mine (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the amount of calmness I got from this drug, I was still physically alert and able. That's more than can say for most antipsychotics. It helped me sleep, and the following day my anxieties were lessened. I also found weird glimmers of hope in things, that had to be my depression lifting. It's a miracle to me. However, I gained 20 pounds in one month, and the doctor saw that as a reason to get me off the drug. Food had this crazy magnetism about it; it quickly became the most valuable thing on the planet, and I was having cravings for food unlike anything I've ever craved. If you can take the drug without binge eating, congratulations, because it works. Still, most people on this are overweight."

Steve Stevenson (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been on zyprexa since 2006. Although it causes weight gain, I've decided to weight train or do cardio for an hour every day, which is helping. The weight can continue, but from my experience, it was only when I was inactive. I also feel a little sedated but that doesn't keep me from doing things. The hallucinations are about 90% gone. Overall, zyprexa works for me as it's one of the two drugs that worked because most of the other drugs I tried were not effective, reacted with my skin, or did nothing."

chocobo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Paranoid Disorder "Helped in the beginning of the first few weeks,but later my mood became more paranoid. I'm not saying this medicine will make you paranoid, but it doesn't work for me. Plus it does make you gain weight like 40lbs. in 8 weeks."

JimB56985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Paranoid Disorder "It was OK. I gained alot of weight on it. I went from 210 to 255pounds in four months. Didn't help my suspicious behavior. I think Seroquel XR was a better drug for me, but I had to take a very high dose of Seroquel XR. I'm considering asking the doctor to put me on an old psychotic med like Prolixin. I have had some good results but I stopped the meds early because I was afraid of all the side effects especially tardia dys."

ClarkGabel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "This medicine is a God send. I've tried every sleeping pill in the book (Ambien, Trazodone, Seroquel, Elavil, ETC.) None of them would keep me asleep the whole night. 10mg of this and I sleep like a baby and don't have the racing thoughts. Only problem is it's real hard to get out of bed and get moving."

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed as bipolar in 1987.I've always been treatment resistant. Nothing and I mean no meds have ever helped me before.I've tried everything over the years only to have bad side effects and no relief. ECT was actually being recommended to me then my Dr put me on a Zyprexa/ Prozac combination and for the first time in my life I've gotten relief from my symptoms and no side effects. I can finally think clearly. I feel like a totally new person a much better one."

LocaWhetta March 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am in shock as to the MIRACLE of Olanzipine. A 2 year severe depression, with extreme anxiety, insomnia, and paranoia DISAPEARED the first week on this medicine. Before, my depression was so bad, I stopped brushing my hair, I could barely function, my sadness so profound. After 1 week on Zyprexa, I am finally back to myself, taking good care of myself, sadness is 90% gone, smiling again!"

TheGoodWife42 March 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I gained 100 lbs but slept well and felt mentally ok"

Mecrazy March 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa is the only antipsychotic that doesn’t make me feel like a zombie! I kept my personality and my energy. It almost feels like I don’t take an antipsychotic. I take 7.5 mg, because my psychiatrist told me that when you take less then 10 mg daily, the risk of metabolic syndrome is low. It’s very good for treating mania and it augments the effect of my antidepressant. The only downside is that it’s a little bit difficult to wake up."

bipolar12345 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "The olanzapine works for me. I sleep at night and my thoughts rarely race now. And it is so wonderful not to feel depressed. If it wasn't for the weight gain, I would give it a ten."

bluemoose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I don't have as many crying spells as I used to."

Aspergal (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Zyprexa for 14 years, my new doctor took me off in October and I was a mess in Dec. Now Feb back on for a month and I feel better. Doc is worried about long time effects, she wants to try quitting again in 6 months. I don't know but I'm stable on Zyprexa. I'm fine and mess without it. I'm Bi-polar."

Gregg1 February 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine works really well as a mood stabilizer for me. The only MAJOR drawback is weight gain. I just can't control myself when the carb cravings happen. I am usually very much in control of my dietary habits, but on Zyprexa that just isn't possible. I also suffer from schizoaffective disorder and hear voices. Although Zyprexa suppresses them, it does not completely get rid of them in my case; they are quiet enough to tolerate though. I have gained 35 pounds in less than about a month and a half. I am going to wean off of these and ask the psych-doc for something else."

Jaded1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I went to a psychiatrist for sleep meds and was prescribed 5 mg. Zyprexa. It helped me sleep but as soon as I stopped taking the medicine after two weeks, I experienced severe insomnia, sweating, palpitation, agitation depression and agitation. I had to be put back on it to to stabilize. I am now taking 7.5 mg. I don't like the effect on me and I will try to taper off of this medicine. I wish I had known about the side effects and widthrawal symptoms of this medicine. "

Sugaray0212 December 25, 2014