User Reviews for Zyprexa (Page 4)

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Major Depressive Disorder 5 reviews 46 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 181 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "I am a 19 yo girl and I have bipolar disorder 2 and suffer anxiety and depression, so my doctor prescribed 10mg Zyprexa daily. I had HORRIBLE side effects. In four months I gained 20kg, developed cystic acne and my thinking was slow and foggy. Any self confidence I had or pride in my appearance evaporated completely. The worst part is I still had the anxiety and the depression (although I didn't expect an antipsychotic to help with depression). I'm so glad I'm not on it anymore. Zyprexa was definitely not for me."

Kasey1994 August 13, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have literally been on every medication you can think of. Prozac, Zoloft, Geodon, Haldol, Effexor, Risperdal, Abilify, Xanax, clonazepam and the list doesn't stop but Zyprexa did it! None of them seemed to help until I tried Zyprexa! I do not have to take anxiety medicines anymore because somehow Zyprexa took care of that also and my anxiety used to be so bad."

ms pimpin thang (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "It's great for anxiety and moods. It's helped a lot. Only bad thing is weight gain. I have gone up 2 dress sizes, craving a lot of junk food as well."

Katzendame June 7, 2013

For Depression "I started taking Zyprexa over two years ago for intrusive thoughts I was having as a result of Obsessive compulsive disorder/depression. While the Zyprexa helped remove intrusive thinking, it added about thirty pounds onto my slender frame, made me severely tired, and took away my sex drive. In addition to these adverse effects, I was unmotivated/uninterested in many activities that used to give me pleasure. I had a "so what" attitude about life in general. All because of this medicine. What really frightened me about taking this was my cholesterol went sky high, and my blood sugar was also very high, making me an at risk candidate for diabetes. I am finally off of this. "

kestrel28 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I loved this medicine, it stabilized me, helped me sleep without being too drowsy but sadly I have had to be moved off because I gained 4 stone. But that is the only side effect I had."

Crawling (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Got hospitalized. upped to 10mg morning and evening. This dose has helped my symptoms. I've had blackouts, and panic attacks and sex problems with every other atypical out there. Zyprexa is great. Only negative is gaining weight fast, while being slightly sedating, which makes it harder to exercise."

DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Medication was effective treating symptoms but caused increased appetite resulting in extreme weight gain (over 40 pounds)."

gertie67 March 24, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "10mg Zyprexa gave me insomnia due to restless legs. It had minimal impact on my symptoms. I gained 30lb in a matter of weeks."

DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2013

For Depression "Feeling heaps better about life and alot calmer only thing is I feel hungry all the time and have put on 4 kilos in one week!! Dont know what to do about that..."

whereswally (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I take Zoloft, Zyprexa and dothiepin. All very effective."

kim from sydney (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2013

For Insomnia "I tried this after Risperidone (which gave me dyskensia) and Seroquel. It works and makes me tired (when I was a teenager I used it as a sleeping pill). Lots of weight gain though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Zyprexa for over a month and it just recently started making me sleep over 14+hours a night. I am tired and unmotivated. The anxiety has slowed way down but is not completely gone. I take 5mg per night and I also take Ativan 3 times a day."

prestes (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Doing wonders for me. Only problem I find is it makes my mouth extremely dry. I take it 3 times a day and I am fine all day. It doesn't make me too sleepy and I am still able to go to sleep at night with no problem."

Anonymous December 5, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "When I was diagnosed as bipolar I was put on Zyprexa. I took it 3 times a day and it was great at eliminating my mania, depression, and anxiety symptoms. However I had two side effects, I would get tired and I gained over 100 pounds over 12 years. So my doctor suggested lithium and I am on that now and doing fine and I have lost 30 pounds in 4 months."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I have tried many meds Seroquel, Risperidone, Abilify. Seroquel have me peeing all night long, burning sensation like urinary tract infection. Abilfy sex was good but give me anxiety, fast heart rate, light headed feeling, fainting and insomnia. So far Zyprexa is the best for me. Sex is ok, having problem with sensual sensation, dizzy sometime. Now I am on 2.5 mg I still feel dizzy even without it you feel better if you take the pill. Weight gain 30lb. Triglyceride high."

Steven12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2012

For Depression "Really helps with mood swings and made me calmer. It also made me gain 50lbs in 6months. It's extremely hard to control your weight on this pill."

Nessa94 November 22, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "After the first time I took Zyprexa, my head and legs felt like they weighed one tone each! I tried it for 2 weeks and this got worse! It increased my appetite a lot too. My dr is currently trying to find a medicine that works for me. Its so hard as I get a lot of strange side effects on these medicines!"

Anonymous November 7, 2012

For Depression "I take 5 mg of Zyprexa daily. I'm almost the entire day sleepy and have the feeling of doing nothing. I can not worry, because I have to sleep for about 15 hours daily. But I have tried everything out there, and this is the best at this moment."

hihityu October 15, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I found zyprexa to be quite effective however it made me very tired and unmotivated though. I was incredibly hungry all day. Only stayed on it for about a month and put on 7lbs. I am in the process of exploring different antipsychotics that are more weight friendly. Putting on weight was making me depressed and making me become more hostile because of it"

Anonymous October 15, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Puerperal Psychosis: Made me incredibly hungry and then not even remember eating things! One time I ate 7 doughnuts in one night - I only know this because I found the empty packet the next morning. I have no memory of eating them. I put a lot of weight on doing this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Got this medicine and was amazed at how I recovered. I wasn't paranoid, was relaxed and loved life. Until I kept taking it for a couple years and all the symptoms returned I now am withdrawing, which is a nightmare. "

Laserjik (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2012

For Insomnia "I do have really bad insomnia (for the past 6 years) but this was prescribed to me for daytime use to help keep me calm. It in no way makes me sleepy but works great for my ADHD. I have also gained nearly 10 pounds in only 2 weeks. I'm not a normal eater, usually I only eat dinner, but on this medicine I seem to have doubled what I would normally eat. I'm addressing that issue now. Good calming down medicine I must say."

mitelgoog (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Works"

Anonymous August 15, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Controlled my thought process, moods and hallucinations, helped my insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar and was put on this drug. It causes psychoses in someone wrongly put on it."

Anonymous July 13, 2012