User Reviews for Zyprexa to treat Depression

Zyprexa has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 53 ratings for the treatment of Depression. 43% of those users who reviewed Zyprexa reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Zyprexa Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Zyprexa

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2020

“Zyprexa work pretty well for me for a good year. It help with my OCD and anxiety and it made me feel the most happy and normal I ever felt. It help with intrusive thoughts and obsessive thinking. I hope it helps again when I start it back up.”

Nikkipixi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2020

“Zyprexa made me have hallucinations the first 4 nights I had taken it. (Cray, scary) Then they stopped. I gained a good amount of weight (but that didn't matter because I was extremely overweight) So this med basically saved my life. I don't feel 100% better off of it but I do recommend that it's a decent drug. I've tried SO MANY meds and there are some many more worse ones than this.”

Missy626 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2020

“I've been on zyprexa for 9 months now, zyprexa has done wonders for me. No more spontaneous deep dark days ahead of me, my close family can really see a difference, I'm just worried about long term effects of this drug. I have bipolar 1 with psychosis.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2020

“This medication Zyprexa is a miracle worker ! I was in a very deep depression, suicide thoughts. I started feeling better after just a few weeks.I have been on it 6 weeks now and its keeps getting better. The Doctor is now increase it to 10mg, I feel more tired, but that will lessen as time goes by. I feel like me again !!!”

MichaelMl · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2020

“I've found the Zyprexa very good for hearing voices and adjunct for depression.”

Emero · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

“I was put on 17.5mg of zyprexa in 2017. I took this for 6 months before I finally decided to listen to my body and stop listening to the so called experts. Zyprexa made me dull, depressed and robotic. I now lack empathy, emotion, concentration and I no longer get pleasure from things I used to enjoy. Zyprexa zaps the joy from your life basically. There is no upside. Please please avoid this drug. It will steal your personality and nobody will believe you except for the people who have also been victims of this drug.”

serj · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2019

“This drug is awful, I should've stopped from day 1, now I'm in the 4th year and just started tapering because I'm one of the good boys that always listen to his parents and doctors. Please don't be a fool, don't take this drug it will make you lose years of your precious life. Better be drug free as you know the only winner of your supposed condition is the big pharma that only wants your money every month.”

Josh · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2019

“Hi all, I've been on Zyprexa for about a year and a half at 15mg. I was put on Zyprexa to help with severe treatment resistant depression. I also take 150mg of Effexor and 300mg of Welbutrin. In the past year my depression has slowly gotten worse and I suspect it's the Zyprexa. About 3 months ago I decided to taper myself off Zyprexa. I went from 15mg to 7.5mg for 3 months. I experience moderate sleeping issues (I sleep between 4-8 hours and wake up about 10 times during the night), nausea and a dramatic increase in depression. My highs are lower and my downs are longer and more severe. My two questions are this: 1) Has anyone experienced increased depression as a result of taking Zyprexa 2) Has anyone experienced an increase in depression as a result of Zyprexa withdrawal. ”

Trapped1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2019

“Zyprexa made me dull and gain weight, then found its impossible to stop taking. Even with a very, very slow taper, I have terrible withdrawal symptoms that I never ever experienced before olanzapine. I only took 1.25mg, and after 3 years of tapering I'm down to about 0.7mg. Now I have heart arrhythmia, akathisia, insomnia, I feel dazed and out of it, erectile issues, and don't feel pleasure or get excited about anything. Olanzapine has ruined my life. If I could do one thing differently in my life it would be to never ever start taking this horrific drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2019

“I hate this drug so much. It made me feel so tired at work and I couldn't focus. Almost got fired from my job thanks zyprexa.”

Vani · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

“Stay away! I took 15 mg Zyprexiafor 2 weeks and I feel so tired, my vision is blurry , weak hand-eye coordination, and its difficult to speak or understand anything. Why is this drug still being prescribed???”

maddie April 19, 2019

“put on this drug for anxiety, loss of weight, not sleeping, all connected with something that happened to me. On it for a month at 10 mg and had pounding blood pressure in ears, sudden headaches, ankles swelled up 2x their size, gained 25 lbs. in a month, huge appetite, foggy thinking, flat personality and dizzy. After I got off, I felt much better. Off it now for 2.5 months and I can't lose any weight, and in fact am still gaining, so can't get it out of my system. How can i get it out of my system? I don't want to become diabetic or get heart disease, but this drug can do that and I'M NOT EVEN ON IT! Doctors are putting people on it that should NOT be given this drug, it should be a last resort if at all. This drug can cause permanent changes chemically, in metabolism and dopamine receptors in brain-is there no antidote?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2019

“Zyprexa made me feel very tired and irritable. I almost cussed my boyfriend over a small convenience, My eyesight kept blurring up, always hungry, and then I started getting this uncomfortable drowsy feeling that lasted the whole day. STAY AWAY from this garbage.”

Mimismum · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

“I’m taking this with pregabalin Slowly helping anxiety and depression. Anyone take zyprexa on it’s own?”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2018

“A doctor said I had bipolar and put me on Zyprexa and Lexapro. It was a nightmare, I told my doctor it made my depression worse and that I developed restless leg syndrome while on it. The doctor completely ignored me. After months of this horrible nightmare, I switched doctor's and was told I am NOT bipolar, but suffer from depression. I was tapered off Zyprexa and now I feel 100% better. Thankful”

Lilone · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2018

“I have ever been a fan of antidepressants as I feel they are a bandaid for underlying problems. I starting to think differently. My doctor put me on 2.5 mg along with 0.5 Xanax. After years of feeling depressed and hopeless I now have more energy, sleep well at night waking up feeling great. I have also have gained weight which I needed to do. I give Zyprexa a 10 stars”

jizzhue · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2018

“I've been taking zyprexa for 1 year. I had obsessive thoughts it has helped me very much.”

09dibbie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2018

“It is very good drug .It helped me very much with obsessions and depression. I recommend it to you”

Russfamily7 · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2018

“My husband started zyprexa a few days ago and all he can do is sleep. Is this normal and how long will the sleepiness last”

south pole · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2017

“I took this medication many years ago and gained 50 lbs in the first month of taking it. It is horrible nasty stuff and didn't do anything for my moods. I went off it after that first month.”

Ed McLendon · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 15, 2017

“Zyprexa withdrawal is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my 55 year old life. I took 2.5 mg for 6 years. Sure it helped me sleep for a few months and that is why I did not know what was causing the terrible grief and over all health problems I was experiencing. I was fainting without warning because of this drug. It ruined my life and I have not touched zyprexa in almost 2 years! It is a drug so terrible it should not be prescribed to anybody. The makers of this drug should be totally ashamed of themselves. They really should be punished for what they have done and continue doing to peoples lives with this drug. No joke.”

cmac527 · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2017

“I was only on Zyprexa for 10 days but it made me so tired I couldn't even function. All I wanted to do was sleep all day. And it made my depression worse. I was so depressed by that 10th day that I almost quit my job because I just felt like I couldn't handle any stress at all. So glad I stopped taking this drug.”

Biancapixi July 10, 2017

“Works wonderfully for anxiety and works fast. Does help together with Prozac for depression.”

Maxiemar December 23, 2016

“Definitely relieved morning anxiety attacks. I'm also taking Effexor and Klonopin. I take the Zyprexa at night because it does make me sleepy. I wasn't eating anything at all before starting this drug, so I'm not worried yet about the weight gain; I'm not overdoing it with the food. I don't plan to be on this for long; my doctor told me it's not really a maintenance medication. But if it gets me through the Holidays and my horrible anxiety about work, I'm fine with that.”

piceli · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 5, 2016

“In 2010 I take Zyprexa 20mg for 2 months. Now I manage to eat one meal a day cause I got diarrhea up to 5 times per day. I'm surprise to be alive. I hate so much what Zyprexa did to me cause it's so awful.”