User Reviews for Risperidone to treat Paranoid Disorder

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Perseris

Risperidone Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Paranoid Disorder.

Reviews for Risperidone

Jonak June 29, 2019

“Made me feel the worst than I ever felt after taking it. Burning in my stomach then slowly you become unaware that your a zombie. . But I do know. It made me feel the worst feeling ever. I just keep doing it said you had to wait. But it mostly just messed me up”

Hopes · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2018

“I was started on respiridone 11 months ago, I started on 0.5mg and went up to 5mg at one stage. In the past three months somewhere in the range of 1.5mg to 2mg is my prefered dosage. When I think back on my quality of life before respiridone it makes me appreciate how helpful this drug has been for me. I find it very calming and I still believe I have my personality, other people have noticed that I am a lot more positive and less anxious. I gave it an 8, due to the potential of weight gain, I did find the higher dosage (>2mg) to make me lazy and unmotivated thats why I brought it back down to the 1mg to 2mg range and I still get all the beneifits at this range. I have lost 5kg in the past 4 months (eating normally and long distance running). I suffered from paranoid thoughts coupled with OCD.”

Jennifer. · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 6, 2017

“I am taking 4mg of risperidone for 6 years. I was feeling much better. Now a month ago my blood glucose has gone up and my doctor told me I can't have sugar any more . I have stop having my period 6 month ago . I am worrying . ”

Kkml January 11, 2017

“This drug made me EXTREMELY TIRED. It was like being on heroine. Barely being able to keep my eyes open. I've never been this tired in my life”

Ms. O. · Taken for 10 years or more July 31, 2016

“I have had three serious psychotic events in my life. The first was Post Partum Psychosis and hospitalization, the second was a breakthrough of my medication about 16 years later, at that time I was taking Mellaril and Zoloft. I gradually weaned from the Mellaril because I was concerned about tardive disconecia. I was fine for the next eight years, and had another psychotic break while under some extreme stress. At that time, my physician added the Risperdal, and I had rapid disappearance off the anxiety and paranoia (it took about a week), and back to work in about a month. I have continued in a high functioning position as a university professor since that time, for the last twelve years, with no additional episodes.”

Patient0101 July 21, 2016

“I've been on Risperidone for a long time now, and I think it's working great for me. I use to have paranoid thoughts, but after taking Risperidone, I've gained trust in other people more. I think it helped my paranoid thoughts go away by leveling out my mood and anxiety. I think I genetically get anxiety passed down from relatives, but who really knows. I hope I stay on Risperidone for a long time.I didn't even gain weight on it. If you have anxiety tell your doctor to put you on Risperidone.”

Jermo102 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 9, 2015

“Takes away Paranoia pretty well. Along with Paroxetine, Clonazepam, and Risperidone I feel way less paranoid. I think Risperidone is the main culprit at eliminating Paranoia.”

kmaverikaz June 1, 2011

“After taking Risperidone for 6 months to relieve my panic, fear and irrational thoughts associated with my PTSD, I encountered very little relief. What I did gain was the WEIGHT. I gained 50 lbs in 6 months with no change in eating habits. After voicing this concern to my doctor, I was taken off the medication with no withdrawal effects and in 10 months time I lost 49lbs with no exercise and eating a healthier low glycemic index diet.”

Anonymous February 1, 2011

Risperdal (risperidone): “I take Risperdal to treat my schizophrenia, but I also suffer from paranoia. I know Risperdal is not used to directly treat my paranoia, but it's done nothing for my schizophrenia either. The voices and hallucinations are still prominent.”

kmaverikaz April 3, 2010

Risperdal (risperidone): “I was prescribed a low dosage of Risperidone and it was effective at eliminating my paranoid thoughts. However, after 1 year, this medication caused me to gain weight to a level I had never been in my life. I went from 178 lbs to 218 lbs with no changes in diet or exercise. My doctor took me off the medication in July 2009 and by Christmas 2009, my weight dropped to 169 lbs, with some dietary changes. ”

Learn more about Paranoid Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)