User Reviews for Ziprasidone

4.9

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 5.9 297 reviews

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst drug I've ever taken. 5 days in and I'm getting seizures, three days after I'm still having them. Screw this drug. Stay away from it!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on ziprasidone for 3 months (40mg) and like this drug to some extent. Pros: No side effects like nausea or a headache. Hardly gained any weight (but my appetite increased). Helps to fall and stay asleep (I take 6 hours before going to sleep and I start falling asleep at 11 pm). Cons: Very difficult to wake up in the morning (drowsiness for at least 2 hours upon waking up). It doesn't really help me with paranoia, anxiety, and OCD."

Jill25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Geodon from 2004-2014. The effect actually made me like a zombie. My neurologist actually diagnosed me with Parkinson’s, drug induced. Pale skin, stone face never smiled or showed expression, my tongue would be sticking out and I had no clue. I stumbled and fell often. My daughter researched it in College and her Psycopharmacology professor told her how bad it was. Took me 2 months to be weaned off. Four years later and I am having extreme anxiety and trust issues. Been on other psych meds for 15 yrs, new Psychiatrist researching to find answers. Wish me luck"

Muggzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Geodon since 2001. I am 62 yo. This drug has seriously saved my life! Before Geodon I attempted suicide several times starting when when I was 14 yo. I tried to get help all the time, but nobody listened. Finally out of desperation I found a psychiatrist who recognized what was wrong with me and put me on Geodon, 80 msg, always at bedtime. I also started therapy, for a year, and my life turned around!! Until about a year ago. Maybe 15 months! I started spending money, hiding it from my family! I am now almost $30 thousand in debt it is compulsive spending! And I can’t stop! Also, I can’t wake up! Even when one of my kids come and tries, they can’t wake me! When I do finally get up, I fall asleep when I sit down."

Diana (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm surprised by the negative reviews for geodon it saved my life. I was given geodon two months ago when I was hospitalized for mixed episodes. If you've never had one I pray you never do. Geodon stopped the episode after one dose. If you experience sleepiness ask your doctor if you can take it in one dose at dinner. Also when reading reviews remember that at some doses it is sedating and at others energizing. For me it has been weight neutral in fact I've lost weight while on it. YMMV (your mileage may vary) good luck finding something that works for you."

Dymphna23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Geodon is working well for me. My condition is pretty severe and other antipsychotic medications caused what I can only describe as an adverse reaction. It doesn't get rid of all my symptoms but I am on a low dose. What I am most surprised by is it's positive effect on my motivation and my desire to see others...I did not know medication could help that."

Fuzzy July 2, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Geodon for about two months now and it isn't working well for me. The first 2 weeks I was completely euphoric and energized and saw some resemblance of my old self .I was hoping for the best but I knew deeply down I was experiencing short-term mania without all the risks .My doctor increased my medication and now I feel flat, hyper-aware of my surroundings and kind of dark .I also have been non-stop eating and I had trouble with nausea and dizziness. I don't feel depressed or suicidal but I do feel "icky". I'm NOT going to continue this medication because the pros do not outweigh the cons. So my never ending search for the correction medication combo carries on."

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "THIS MEDICATION IS AWFUL. I took it for a week and had a complete schizophrenic melt down, I couldn't stop crying and hearing sirens and thinking that demons were growling at me and that a hideous voices in my room . I had seizures all day the next day. TAKE WITH CAUTION"

kdjay (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I have been taking ziprasidone for a year and a half now. Previously I have taken risperidone for a number of years, but it caused a lot of weight gain, but worked very well for my symptoms of schizophrenia. Later I took Loxapine for about 3 years, but that too didn't help me with my weight concerns even though it worked well for my symptoms. I tried aripiprazole for a while, but it didn't help with my weight, nor did it help with my symptoms. Finally I took ziprasidone. It has worked well for my symptoms just like risperidone and loxapine, but it has also helped me get back to my normal weight which I had before taking any medications. So naturally I am very happy for the existence of this wonderful drug."

Abs (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Ziprasidone (anti psychotic) is the best medication that happened to me. All hallucinations are gone, haven't really gained weight. The only negative side affects are that I feel the need to be moving constantly (could be my ADHD) and I get knocked out within 3 hours of taking the high dose (60mg) at night. But if I time it right, I can fall asleep at the right time. Caffeine does not reverse the sedation by the way. I recommend having peanut butter with this. But otherwise has been amazing, the positives outweigh the negatives."

Charlie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've found Geodon to help my depression , concentration, and other issues of bipolar disorder. I Tried another manufacturer and lost some efficacy so I'm going back to Dr. Reddy's."

t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Honestly, this medication does a really good job of nipping hallucinations in the bud. It took over a week for the medicine to really work for me, though. The only complaint I have is the fact that this medication makes you so, so tired. It also changes your mood so that I don’t feel like me when I take Geodon. But, it does what it’s supposed to do so I can’t complain too much."

Elle May 4, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "For Depression 40 mg with Lexapro 10mg If you start experiencing those effects immediately lay down & close your eyes hopefully it will wear off by the time you wake up.. & NEVER take it again. I don't know what would happen if you had to drive, take care of a child, or deal with something IMPORTANT. It's like being on an awake anesthesia, & the only thing you can do is lay there & close your eyes till it wears off after hrs so you better hope your in a safe place to rest, & can sleep long enough for it to wear off. The feeling is worst thing that had ever "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on ziprasidone for 4 years. I take it at night because it makes me sleepy during the day. It works really well for me. Low weight gain for me. I am calm. It won't stop all the suicide thoughts, but it does help."

tagman8us (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Geodon worked really well in treating my psychosis, but experienced too many of the side effects. I gained 25lbs in a month. My normal headaches turned into migraines, I had the stuffy nose thing nonstop. I wish I would have been able to continue taking it, it helped more than any of the other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have psychotic depression and generalized anxiety disorder and this drug didn't help me at all with delusions or anxiety or paranoia while in the hospital. In fact it seemed to make me far worse. It did decrease my appetite though, about the only positive thing about it!"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve had a fairly positive experience with this drug. Getting adjusted was a nightmare—almost fell asleep while driving a few times. But ironically raising the dose actually helped with my side effects. After four years on it with no episodes I’m now in the process of weaning myself off, but as soon as I decreased the dose I broke out in hives! The hives have now stuck around for 6 months and no amount of antihistamines will make them budge. Such a terrible end to an otherwise great experience with this drug."

Anomymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Prescribed when I was having mixed episode. Did it's job at calming me down quite quickly. However, had some serious side effects: shaking of hands and at one stage, entire left side of body. Coming off it was a nightmare. Dizziness, anger, dark thoughts, shaking, rashes, headaches among others."

Dovid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I went on Geodon after spending 3 years being unstable with severe weight gain. In 8 months I have lost 63 lbs! I am currently the size I was in high school. Not only am I stable but my confidence is back."

Samommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Couldn't think or feel on it. Felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. Had no appetite."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Tried 2 others with bad side effects. I've just switched to the above & no constipation, quiet in my head no cravings or dry mouth. Think I sneeze a bit & my sinuses are clearer. Bit of runny nose but nothing to complain about. Within 2.5hrs I'm slowly drifting into great sleep & can wake up with no alarm feeling very refreshed & energized. I'm really hoping it continues like this as its perfect for me.on 20mg at night. I've got my fingers crossed."

Singerandactor January 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on a handful of the modern antipsychotics for mood and thinking...this completely shut me down. Fought through 3 weeks and it was like a strange hell where I didn't want to sleep but I felt this force dragging me down. I fell asleep driving, I was completely non-functional. stuck with it for 3 weeks and it was time to ditch. I couldn't think about anything, it was weird."

sumofallfears (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "Caused me to have muscle spasms in my back"

Myob (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "If you think Geodon is not working for the recipient, please Google "What you should eat when taking Geodon - Food and Geodon". Calorie intake is very important."

Mother of a son with Autism (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was only on it for about 3 months! I was on the toilet all day with explosive diarrhea!! I lost 40 to 50 pounds within that time period. My weight was down to 125 pounds. I’m 42 years old now. The last time I weighed 125 pounds was in high school!"

WillnBryant (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017