User Reviews for Ziprasidone

4.9

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 5.8 307 reviews

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Extreme weight loss. Uncontrolled arm, mouth and tongue movements. Terrible uncontrolled spasms."

Rudy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I had to give up my latuda which works wonders because my insurance wouldn’t pay for it. Geodon makes me beyond tired. I almost fell asleep at work a few times. So not worth this side effect. I’ll go on seroquel. I’d rather have weight gain then not be able to work!!!!"

Terrie (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Man I feel better than how I was feeling before. I still hear stuff still but not as bothersome as before. I'd recommend this med for voices for everyone bruhh"

Marquis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'd rate this a 10 but I am still fairly new to it and don't want to be overly optimistic. However my life has turned completely around on this medication. I did have a negative side effect that cause uncontrollable face and tongue movements but once the dosage was adjusted and another medication called cogentin, added to it, those movements have gone away. It was like night and day and I didn't have to wait weeks to feel different. There is a euphoria that comes with it , a sense of well being. It's helped my bipolar symptoms regarding concentration, mood, sleep and over all well being. Yes I know many don't have a pleasant experience with anti or atypical psychotic drugs but for some of us it can really change your life. If the pros outweigh the cons then I'm down to keep using this medication. I take it with lithium and this is the best I've felt in the 15 years that I've been diagnosed as bipolar."

Sikkinixx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on Geodon for the last 5 years. As soon as I started taking the Geodon at 20 mg my sleep started to get disturbed. I was bumped up to 60 mg and the hallucinations have tapered off. I still get delusions and feeling that people are talking out of my mouth as my mouth moves with words. I had initial symptoms of restlessness and anxiety but over time these symptoms have decreased and managed. I take Geodon with food at 5:30pm and it wires me so I can't sleep at night. I tried taking Geodon in the morning with food, but sometimes if I don't eat enough food it causes forced drowsiness and unable to do anything but sleep for a couple of hours. I switched to evening in case the forced drowsiness appeared again. I found that moderate exercise 5 days a week helps with sleep because Geodon increases DHEA level and when DHEA is elevated, you have sleep issues. On the fifth year of Geodon, I started to get drug induced Parkinsonism."

Amy November 17, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Gained 50lbs in 3 months. Ate half a refrigerator a day. The doctor told me that geodon is weight neutral and I need more self control. I've been on oodles of anti-psychotics and other psych drugs. Only zyprexa, lithium, and depakote make me gain weight. Lithium was a pound a week, zyprexa is .75lbs a week, and depakote is 3lbs a week. Geodon is 4lbs a week. A personal high"

Cat November 5, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "This stupid drug caused nothing but trouble for me. I've been on zeldox on and off for two years and all it did to me was making me more aggressive, impulsive and depressed. I recommend people not to take this drug. "

Annomounous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Keeps me stable. However, my hands, legs and ankles would swell while I was taking this medicine. I had to quit it and it is a very hard drug to come off of. This is a very harsh medicine."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I would rate this medication a zero if I could. I took it back in 2007 when my psychiatric nurse practitioner misdiagnosed me as bipolar. I had suicidal ideations and was sent to a "safe house" with this medication for a few days. The first night I took it, I woke up with my neck contorting in different positions and my face grimacing. Fortunately, I told someone and they immediately set me up to see my ARNP who told me I had spasmodic torticollis and immediately took me off the medication and gave me a muscle relaxer that they use for Parkinsons patients. She switched my meds from Geodon to Lithium (another horrible med) and I checked myself out of the "safe house" a few days later. 11 years later I was accurately diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder which can mimic Bipolar but the mood swings are more frequent (days rather than months at a time). "

MissLeopard83 September 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Zeldox 160mg for 10 years. I have bipolar and this drug works great for me I am also on cymbalta as a antidepressant and epilim as a mood stabiliser I was think of changing my cymbalta because of the price not being on PBS anymore in Australia but have decided to just stick with it and take the generic cymbalta which is on the PBS."

Jojo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst drug I've ever taken. 5 days in and I'm getting seizures, three days after I'm still having them. Screw this drug. Stay away from it!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on ziprasidone for 3 months (40mg) and like this drug to some extent. Pros: No side effects like nausea or a headache. Hardly gained any weight (but my appetite increased). Helps to fall and stay asleep (I take 6 hours before going to sleep and I start falling asleep at 11 pm). Cons: Very difficult to wake up in the morning (drowsiness for at least 2 hours upon waking up). It doesn't really help me with paranoia, anxiety, and OCD."

Jill25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Geodon from 2004-2014. The effect actually made me like a zombie. My neurologist actually diagnosed me with Parkinson’s, drug induced. Pale skin, stone face never smiled or showed expression, my tongue would be sticking out and I had no clue. I stumbled and fell often. My daughter researched it in College and her Psycopharmacology professor told her how bad it was. Took me 2 months to be weaned off. Four years later and I am having extreme anxiety and trust issues. Been on other psych meds for 15 yrs, new Psychiatrist researching to find answers. Wish me luck"

Muggzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Geodon since 2001. I am 62 yo. This drug has seriously saved my life! Before Geodon I attempted suicide several times starting when when I was 14 yo. I tried to get help all the time, but nobody listened. Finally out of desperation I found a psychiatrist who recognized what was wrong with me and put me on Geodon, 80 msg, always at bedtime. I also started therapy, for a year, and my life turned around!! Until about a year ago. Maybe 15 months! I started spending money, hiding it from my family! I am now almost $30 thousand in debt it is compulsive spending! And I can’t stop! Also, I can’t wake up! Even when one of my kids come and tries, they can’t wake me! When I do finally get up, I fall asleep when I sit down."

Diana (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm surprised by the negative reviews for geodon it saved my life. I was given geodon two months ago when I was hospitalized for mixed episodes. If you've never had one I pray you never do. Geodon stopped the episode after one dose. If you experience sleepiness ask your doctor if you can take it in one dose at dinner. Also when reading reviews remember that at some doses it is sedating and at others energizing. For me it has been weight neutral in fact I've lost weight while on it. YMMV (your mileage may vary) good luck finding something that works for you."

Dymphna23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Geodon is working well for me. My condition is pretty severe and other antipsychotic medications caused what I can only describe as an adverse reaction. It doesn't get rid of all my symptoms but I am on a low dose. What I am most surprised by is it's positive effect on my motivation and my desire to see others...I did not know medication could help that."

Fuzzy July 2, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Geodon for about two months now and it isn't working well for me. The first 2 weeks I was completely euphoric and energized and saw some resemblance of my old self .I was hoping for the best but I knew deeply down I was experiencing short-term mania without all the risks .My doctor increased my medication and now I feel flat, hyper-aware of my surroundings and kind of dark .I also have been non-stop eating and I had trouble with nausea and dizziness. I don't feel depressed or suicidal but I do feel "icky". I'm NOT going to continue this medication because the pros do not outweigh the cons. So my never ending search for the correction medication combo carries on."

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "THIS MEDICATION IS AWFUL. I took it for a week and had a complete schizophrenic melt down, I couldn't stop crying and hearing sirens and thinking that demons were growling at me and that a hideous voices in my room . I had seizures all day the next day. TAKE WITH CAUTION"

kdjay (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I have been taking ziprasidone for a year and a half now. Previously I have taken risperidone for a number of years, but it caused a lot of weight gain, but worked very well for my symptoms of schizophrenia. Later I took Loxapine for about 3 years, but that too didn't help me with my weight concerns even though it worked well for my symptoms. I tried aripiprazole for a while, but it didn't help with my weight, nor did it help with my symptoms. Finally I took ziprasidone. It has worked well for my symptoms just like risperidone and loxapine, but it has also helped me get back to my normal weight which I had before taking any medications. So naturally I am very happy for the existence of this wonderful drug."

Abs (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Ziprasidone (anti psychotic) is the best medication that happened to me. All hallucinations are gone, haven't really gained weight. The only negative side affects are that I feel the need to be moving constantly (could be my ADHD) and I get knocked out within 3 hours of taking the high dose (60mg) at night. But if I time it right, I can fall asleep at the right time. Caffeine does not reverse the sedation by the way. I recommend having peanut butter with this. But otherwise has been amazing, the positives outweigh the negatives."

Charlie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've found Geodon to help my depression , concentration, and other issues of bipolar disorder. I Tried another manufacturer and lost some efficacy so I'm going back to Dr. Reddy's."

t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Honestly, this medication does a really good job of nipping hallucinations in the bud. It took over a week for the medicine to really work for me, though. The only complaint I have is the fact that this medication makes you so, so tired. It also changes your mood so that I don’t feel like me when I take Geodon. But, it does what it’s supposed to do so I can’t complain too much."

Elle May 4, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "For Depression 40 mg with Lexapro 10mg If you start experiencing those effects immediately lay down & close your eyes hopefully it will wear off by the time you wake up.. & NEVER take it again. I don't know what would happen if you had to drive, take care of a child, or deal with something IMPORTANT. It's like being on an awake anesthesia, & the only thing you can do is lay there & close your eyes till it wears off after hrs so you better hope your in a safe place to rest, & can sleep long enough for it to wear off. The feeling is worst thing that had ever "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on ziprasidone for 4 years. I take it at night because it makes me sleepy during the day. It works really well for me. Low weight gain for me. I am calm. It won't stop all the suicide thoughts, but it does help."

tagman8us (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Geodon worked really well in treating my psychosis, but experienced too many of the side effects. I gained 25lbs in a month. My normal headaches turned into migraines, I had the stuffy nose thing nonstop. I wish I would have been able to continue taking it, it helped more than any of the other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018