User Reviews for Ziprasidone

Also known as: Geodon

Learn more about Ziprasidone.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

5.7
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 3 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 244 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "All I can say is that for the first time in my life, I feel like I can take care of myself. I owe this completely to this drug. No more manic episodes. Everything has sort of evened out for me. It's wonderful and I cannot be without and will freak out if I ever have to! Oh and I'm on 20mg twice a day. So far, no side affects other than a small twitch in my face. That sort of thing can easily be counteracted with additional medicines, though. It is very expensive, but it is completely worth it."

caw dawg January 15, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started taking the medication and started having eye spasms to the point couldn't see to write, text, or read and it got bad enough I couldn't keep my eyes open. I stopped taking the medication and my symptoms went away. beware."

bonajid (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This medication was exactly what I needed for my schizoaffective and bipolar disorders. There has been absolutely no weight gain and no noticeable side effects. It has seriously levelled out my bipolar cycles, no paranoid delusions and the depressive episodes are less painful. I know that one med won't work for some people, but this was exactly what I needed. After being on zyprexa and gaining 10 pounds a month, this was a life saver."

Allisonata (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on this for several months and had great experiences with it. It made all the weird little hallucinations go away, caused me to effortlessly drop all of the risperdal weight (60lbs!), and just generally really helped stabilize my mood, combined with the xanax and Depakote. Unfortunately, it's about $300 a bottle on my insurance (generic)."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "All I can say, don't miss a dose or take it without food. Also, do not take it with alcohol. If I do any of the above, I don't sleep at all. Then when I take it on the following moarning, I fall asleep at work, which is saying something because I have a very active job. This medicine seems to have a very short half life and I feel symptoms even if I go one hour without it. That being said, it is by far the best medicine I have been on. It is very effective when taken at the same time everyday with just enough food. No weight gain, and a big drop in positive symptoms. It even brings back my determination and zest for life. As long as I take it exactly as dirrected, it is a life saver."

Naboo Bear December 20, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon for 2 weeks yesterday 20mg x 2. And this is my first day on 40mg x 2 . So far I can't tell if in manic or getting better. I'm getting a lot more done and feels like manic. I don't mind. But you hope it lasts I have been in a ....dark?... depression for almost 3 years ( and had 2 children), so now I'm just happy to be motivated to do anything at all. I'm really happy "

Bh216 December 17, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This was the worst experience I've had with a medication. I had to go off Lithium because it gave me hypothyroidism and diabetes insipidus and Geodon was a replacement. I was given Geodon at the lowest dose for about two weeks. I was okay, but experiencing a bit of random anxiety. Then my dose was upped and I had a panic attack (I've only had 3 of those in my life before) within 24hrs. Several days later I was in the ER with suicidal thoughts for the first time in 20 years. As far as general effectiveness goes before the dosage increase sent everything haywire, I got depressed right away once totally off the Lithium, so it wasn't really helping anyway. The suicidal thoughts and anxiety were gone within 48hrs after I stopped taking it."

ButterflySpain100 December 15, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "40mg o geodon made me terribly ill. I vomited every day for a week then every other day for another week. I changed my diet to red meat and milk added Alka seltzer chews like skittles and took prilosec twice a day. I did this because geodon gave me remarkable improvement in my life. It felt like an awakening. Very little depression and just mania every now and then. It gave me back my personality."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took this medication for about 5 days and from the start I knew something was wrong. I remember hallucinating in the dark and the very next day I went manic. I had acid reflux issues and it felt so bad that I had a hard time breathing. I passed out and was taken to the ER. Withdrawal was terrible in fact I'm still going through it. I have had the worst anxiety of my life. My delusional beliefs were at an extreme high and I was so scared that I would break out crying. Every one of my worst thoughts was greatly emphasized on this med. I would have anxiety attacks and feel like I had to puke. I would not recommend this medication, TO ANYONE."

Elisabeth Stanford December 13, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I experienced horrible side effects with Geodon. I broke out in a rash over my entire body that itched like fiberglass. It took it for 21 days and it took another 21 days after stopping to finally stop getting new sores."

Huckleseed December 10, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon since it came out. It has been a godsend for me. My mood had been stable for a long time. My last hospitalization was 2002. My results have been fantastic."

Pugsly46 (taken for 10 years or more) December 1, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I warn you to be VERY careful with regards to this medication. I started taking it in July 2012, and was at one point up to 120 mg a day. ( I absolutely no longer see the "Dr" who had me on such a high dose) It caused me to suffer neurological damage that took over a year to correct itself. I had involuntary muscle movements, rocking motions, tremors, as well as having to learn how to walk again normally, as it caused marked damage to the left side of my body. I was treated with physical therapy twice for the condition this medication left my body in. It is just not worth it!!! Do your research, as I am sure you are, since you are in this forum. This medication is even more dangerous than desribed!!"

A Ny gal November 25, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "My Dr. switched me from Risperidone to Geodon because of weight gain. I had taken Geodon back in 2002 and didn't have any side effects that I can recall. However this time it was a nightmare. As soon as I started taking it I felt sick. The side effects I experienced: Sore throat, cough, sore throat glands, restlessness, acid indigestion, heartburn, belching, depression, rash on my neck, loss of appetite, back pain, joint pain, flatulence, hot flashes, insomnia, unable to stay asleep, exhausted. I was on it for 2 1/2 weeks. My Dr. told me to stop cold turkey. The withdrawal was hell. I was dizzy for a week, hot flashes, chills, shaking, nauseous, vomiting, terrible spasms in my thighs. It took about 8 days for me to feel better."

Jillypopcorn November 15, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on geodon for 6 years. It works great for me. Rispedal. made me sleepy and I couldn't think as clear. I have gained weight but due to other medication I was taking with it. My symptoms are almost all gone. I still have some paranoia but nothing like before I take a lot though 160 at night. My condition is very manageable I just wish I didn't have this problem and didn't have to take medicine just to function normally . Good luck to all you guys searching for help."

Momma Kim November 6, 2016

For Schizophrenia: "I have PTSD with psychosis and have switched from risperidone due to leaking breasts and loss of period. Seems to be working fine but I prefer to take meds at night then pass out which makes eating with geodon difficult. So far so good. My docs think it's my best chance to have a period again not that I can have any more children with all the drugs I take (clonazepam & sertraline also)."

Dorrito Queen (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "When I started taking this medication 4 years ago, I knew right then that it would be nothing but a colossal detriment to my well-being. That is why I have been off this medication for the last 3 years, and I would not recommend this medication to anyone!"

WTD81 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I will start off by stating I am a pharmacist so I have some additional knowledge to back my statements but also am on Geodon 100 mg total daily dose. First off, you must take with a meal (at least 400 calories) or else you're only getting about 40% of your dose. Secondly, it can cause drowsiness (or somnolence), however, I did not experience that myself. Also, you must be on a pretty solid dose to treat bipolar 1 so slowly increasing MAY be necessary to prevent side effects, and if that's the case you must be patient. It did take me a few days to get up to a dose I could tolerate and that did mean some extra days of hypomania, but it was worth it for the relief I feel now."

M Han (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Started this medicine about 2 months ago. The first week was hell, had to call and get the approval to cut from 80mg to 40mg at bedtime. I was falling asleep right after taking it. Couldn't stay awake for anything. After reducing to 40mg it's been wonderful. It's made my appetite almost non existent, which for me is nice. I currently take 600 mg 3x daily of Gabapentin, 20 mg of Lexapro in the am, 40 mg of Geodon at bedtime, and 0.5 mg of Ativan as needed. This combo for me, has saved my sanity! I finally feel somewhat normal (which has been life changing)."

Wishful_thinking (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "My daughter was prescribed this devil drug for some mood issues and heart irregularities. It went to a psychotic level and she had to get off the drug after two months. Caused massive heart problems, bleeding from the head, nose, throat and stomach, softball sized bruising that just appeared, migraines, psychosis, cramps in the hands that were unbelievable, massive blood pressure and diabetic fluctuations, false labour, blood clots, pneumonia, pericarditis and the toughest three weeks of our lives. My research shows so many people try to get off this drug and most do not. It is a 24 hour a day process, using massive medical support from people who care, and should be taken off the market except for its prime use which is schizophrenia"

VeryAngryDad September 30, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Although with side effects, this medication made my bipolar symptoms almost disappear. It works a little on my delusions. The side effects I have a tiredness, akathisia (internal restlessness) and muscle twitches. My hands especially tremble a lot. Overall it's worth it not be suicidal constantly."

Novemberwolf September 22, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have, very recently, started taking this medicine. The doctor seemed very adamant that it would set me straight and make me super tired and sedate as well, potentially helping treat my somniphobia as well as the bipolar. The medication has made me so manic that I am having mixed bipolar episodes and seriously feel like jumping out of my own skin. While I appreciate not being so depressed that I'm laying on the floor crying my eyes out, I do not enjoy jittering and being so amped up that I start screaming every time something frustrates me. I am so manic that it is surreal. So much for Geodon helping me out XD"

JessiMahtnarg September 20, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on geodon for about three weeks now. So far no side effects but it's diffcult to take with 500 calorie meals. I'm not much of a breakfast gal and find myself looking for food to take my medicine in the morning."

Opeeftl September 11, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I went on this drug because I was gaining too much weight on zyprexa. I've lost some weight so far but literally feel like shit everyday. Feel sick too my stomach and can barely keep my eyes open throughout the day. If I forget too take it I can't fall asleep and I've never had that problem with other meds."

Kylemarsh August 24, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm confused about comments. Do most bi- polar 1 patients find Geodon taken before sleep helps sleeplessness? I have been taking Geodon the last 6 months and weaned myself off of lithium. The only side affect I have with Geodon is sleeplessness. Is Geodon more effective taken in the evening? I see my Dr.in a month, I will bring up patient responses to Geodon,taken before bedtime. I'm willing to try! "

SuperB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Bad side effects!"

PostmodenistCupie (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016