User Reviews for Ziprasidone

Also known as: Geodon

Learn more about Ziprasidone.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

5.4
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 3 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 269 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I started taking this in April 2017. I was on 9 medications at the time for manic episodes and severe constant hallucinations. The only medication that ever stopped my hallucinations before this was haldol, but it caused extreme akinesia, so I stopped taking it. Originally was on 20 mg of Geodon twice daily, but have now gone to 80 mg twice daily. This medication is a miracle. The hallucinations have almost completely gone, and my mood is stable for the first time in years. No severe weight gain or weight loss. The only real side effect is that I get sleepy, but it is a welcome rest. I have gone from 9 medications to 3 medications. Recommended."

Jill J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was on Geodon for 12 years. I would take it at night with 500 calories. No weight gain. It worked really well for me for about 9 years. I did have mouth movements and then got anxiety. The past 2 years I've been struggling with all the symptoms of schitzoaffective disorder. Now I'm trying something new. I wish it worked the way it used to."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on Geodon for 6 months now and its helped me maintain my weight and take away all my symptoms with minimal side effects. I increased my dose to 120mg once a day and now I developed insomnia and can't sleep without taking xanax. I will be forced to switch medications."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was taking Geodon with Cymbalta and Clonazepam. I was hospitalized 4 times in a year! Never has that happened (I go inpatient maybe every 3-5 year's for a med adjustment). They kept increasing Cymbalta and Geodon. I believe my last increase had me at 100mg of Geodon. Not only did it MAKE me act bi-polar, I also had full body tremors 24/7, heart palpitations and tachycardia (mainly at bedtime). The last episode lasted 3 hour's. I iced my body (to lower core temperature), took very deep breaths and massaged the main artery, left side of the neck. I was about to call 911 when it finally stopped. I seriously thought I was dying! I wouldn't recommend Geodon for anyone who doesn't require a mood stabilizer based on diagnosis."

Greensprings (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon for about two years for my borderine personality disorder. I am now starting to develop side effects. I take a lower dose and it seems strong enough. If I take more than my body can handle it makes my symptoms worse. I think I am developing diabetes because of the Geodon and my doctor doesn't listen to me when I voice my concerns. When the Geodon wears off in the everning I get anxiety. The anxiety is there until I take the Geodon. I used to take Haldol in a small dose once a day and had way fewer side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was only on the medication for 2 days. This medication put me through the worst hell of my life! First my whole body felt like I was high times 100! Not in a good way either! It was the worst feeling of my life! Coming off landed me in the ER twice. I couldnt stop saying "ZZZZZZZZZZ!" continuously. The paramedics had to give me benydril to make it stop for 5 minutes. This went on till 6 in the morning (12 hrs). STAY AWAY FROM ZIPRASIDONE!"

Neo1866 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I guess drugs really do affect people differently. I have nothing but good things to say about Geodon. I've been on it for a year and a half and my mania has only revealed itself twice since, but didn't last as long. It has also helped with my anxiety. The only thing I wish it helped more of is my depression. I am not as depressed as I used to get, but it's still there. And I really don't laugh a lot on it. But as far as treating my bipolar episodes, it's a great drug. I have had no side effects with it."

FSE (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I can't recommend this pill. It's only been two days and my IQ has gone way down, I promise it wasn't always this way... Anyway, within two days of taking this pill my mind became incredibly forgetful, I forgot my own phone number, and it took me 5 minutes to be able to recall it again. I made multiple big mistakes at work, mistakes that I've never made in my whole 2 years there. I was mortified, but thankfully my boss was really nice about it. Also, I gave a girlfriend a ride home and she told me I was driving awfully and it kind of scared her. Normally I'm a very cautious driver, and she told me that she'd never felt that way before with my driving. I can't continue taking this pill because it destroys my good work performance."

cats007 August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "This is a Zombie drug , causes me to fall and hurt myself , makes me have zero emotions and I hate everyone and want everyone in the world to die ..... would be animal abuse to give it to a pet ......I'm not taking this anymore ."

SchizoAffective August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "When I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder my doctor prescribed Geodon at 40mg once daily to help with my mixed episodes. I immediately felt the effect of the drug. I had Insomnia. I was hallucinating, I would here voices at night. I was aggitated and yelling at my husband and children for no real reason. My mixed episodes got much worse. I quit taking it after 4 days of absolute hell. I know everyone reacts differently the these drugs but my experience was awful."

CM31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this during a bad mixed episode and it did wonders for me. It worked within the day! My only complaint is the sedation side effect. I get knocked out within two hours of taking it, so I take it at night. I also find that you can't take it with carbonated drinks, or else you get nauseous."

bipolarbunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This basically affected me the same as latuda, did nothing to help my depression, and made my anxiety worse, also made me feel restless and kinda agitated, plus I was clenching my Jaws, and had jaw tightness and pain, something I normally do not have, stopped taking this."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon for 13 years. I was disorganized in my thinking in a mixed episode when I started taking it. It worked like a miracle for me. It made me sleepy when I would take it for a few years so I took it at bedtime; 80mg x2. I got use to it eventually. The side effect that troubles me is Low Platlettes. I was diagnosed with that shortly after starting it but my doctors don't blame the Geodon. Has anyone ever stopped taking it after prolonged use. I feel like I may not need it anymore!"

Stacyj1s July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took this was great for sleeping helped me less manic. I started gaining too much weight so I decided not to take it for a couple of days.. lost 5 pounds so I'm trying to switch to something else"

imfatnow July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "Low dose was very activating. Loved the energy and motivation. Wasn't enough to help with symptoms though. Increased dose was very sedating, but helped alot. I have aspergers, PTSD, social anxiety, and panic disorder. This med Increased libido, motivation, desire to socialize, ability to organize, moderately decreased depression but not very helpful for panic/anxiety. At any dose was unable to relax most of the time. I got a rash on my scalp and severe cystic acne on my face, shoulders and back that worsened as time went on so I discontinued."

Jenna4160 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I got put on this after my 3rd stay at a mental care facility. It was an addition to Lamictal. I was prescribed both for my Bipolar Disorder and Schizoeffective Disorder. Geodon worked for a bit but I noticed when I would deliberately take it when I was having auditory hallucinations that it wouldn't help. I'm on 40 mg, maybe that's too low, but it's not helping."

tracingbackroots (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Bipolar II with mixed episode, tried geodon. Severe somnolence, with insomnia (read: trapped in half-asleep purgatory) upon starting. Triggered full blown manic episode with hallucinations, jabbering rambling and fast talking, distractibility and inattentiveness, poor judgment, and dissociation with passage of time, over following couple weeks. Shaking hands (could not perform ordinary fine motor tasks such as cutting my nails). Stopped and switched to quetiapine, with success."

Oboer (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was diagnosed in the prodromal stage of schizophrenia 2 1/2 months ago. I was started on Geodon 80mg once a day, which I started taking in the morning and it made me fall asleep for 4-6 hours. After a week of this I started taking it at night, somehow, it doesn't make me drowsy when I would like it to. It has taken away 90% of my symptoms. The first month I would get blurry vision, shaky hands, loss of appetite, large pupils later in the evening. The blurry vision has gone away. I have very little akathisia. I started getting panic attacks 2 months into taking Geodon, I now take it with a beta blocker and the panic attacks are gone. I have lost weight on this medication and have very minimal side effects. I'm grateful for this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Possibly the worst mental med I've ever taken, & I've taken many over the years. It gave me an intense derealization side effect (only time I've experienced this, & it was unsettling as hell), and truly horrible, constant gas (as in, so bad I couldn't be in public)! Those who were brave enough to hold their breath & be around me told me that my affect was pretty flat as well. So basically it made me freaked out, flat, & repulsive all at the same time: thumbs down."

Gone Bananas April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "This medication worked the best of any antipsychotic for my delusions and paranoia - but the side effects were basically unbearable - Akathisia was sometimes so bad I wanted to have my legs amputated."

voskhod (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've just changed from Risperdal to Geodon. Risperdal worked well for me but I put on 6kg of weight which wouldn't budge no matter what I did. I have been on Geodon for a week now and the only side effect so far has been difficulty falling asleep and having a very light sleep pattern. I have counteracted this by taking a sleeping pill at night. I haven't lost any weight yet but hoping to see some results here soon."

Buzzabee (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "Lots of mental illness drugs are rubbish anyway. But this one made me poop about 3 times a day today. And I was sick for about 2 weeks on this. Stomach pain, nausea, joint pain and all that."

Embrel (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Ok first off I'm very skeptical about reviews. I don't know what to believe when it comes down to it. My doctor told me I needed a mood stabilizer so he decided to put me on geodon. I looked up reviews before hand and I was unsure but then said what's the worst that can happen. Well the worst happened. I'm actually typing this in the emergency room. I've experienced awful side effects after the first 3 days. Restless leg syndrome, head aches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting. The bad outweighed the good and after 2 weeks or so taking this medication my doctor told me to stop taking it. In such a short time of taking this medication I'm experiencing crazy withdrawals stay away from this drug!"

Alex_1256 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Friday 2-10-17 I was rushed by ambulance due to respiratory acidosis. I was intubated and stayed in ICU because I took xanex, baclofen, Oxycodone, and clonazepam in conjunction with Geodon. It says do not mix this medicine with those medicines. I did exactly what the Dr told me to do. You have to do your own homework. Be safe."

Bigger Macintosh February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This causes crazy weight gain. I was 120 now 177 pounds... yup! Other than that it works I take 80mg before bed every night but the craving at night for food will get the best of you. It took not long to gain weight now it's taking forever to lose it. But I'm still happy with this drug. Better then haldol and seroquel :)"

Aprillemarie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2017