User Reviews for Ziprasidone

4.4

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 5.8 315 reviews

Reviews for Ziprasidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started having mania even with the other medications, so ziprasidone was prescribed to me to see if it would help. Well, the first couple of days I took it during the day - big mistake as I passed out for a couple of hours both days. However, when I started taking it at night things got way different. For two weeks, I felt like I was on a major happy high all the time. It was awesome. Quite frankly, I didn't want it to end. I'm a month into it now and I am feeling normal again. No weight gain, no highs/lows/anger, just nice, even feelings."

HD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for : "Was on Geodon for 6 weeks, did not help with my irritability at all, if anything it made it worse, it caused me to feel depressed as anything, as if I couldn't escape my own mind, it was a really messed up feeling. Ironically geodon was on my genesight test in the green column, yet it had this negative effect on me, weaning off it now and never taking it again."

TacoCutie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was placed on Geodon while inpatient for Bipolar 1, rapid cycling, dysphoric mixed episodes. It helped within a few days and the dysphoria, rapid cycling and mixed state stopped. I take 40 mg at dinner and it starts to mellow me out and drowsiness kicks in at bedtime and I am ready to sleep. Works wonders because sedatives were not helping my insomnia. This has helped me maintain a healthy sleep schedule. I wake up refreshed and remain focused throughout the day. I have lost weight on Geodon as it seems to be suppressing my appetite, but after med after med that made me gain weight I am ok with this side effect. I have had zero side effects from this med thankfully, but know some people that do. I would say it either works great or it doesn’t. Everyone’s brain chemistry is different so that is probably why. If it doesn’t work for you, hang in there. I hope that you find something as effective as this has been for me."

Dani (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "Made him more vicious like a wild animal"

Noneofuourbumiz (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Geodon definitely works for a antipsycotic but if you don't eat with it, it will make you a zombie and you won't get up for hours. When you eat with it, it's a whole different story. Anyways it also makes me so anxious, more than I have even been in my life it messes with my head so bad, for that reason I hate it with a passion and never want to take it again "

Mixedboylol (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Negative."

Lady March 27, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication works for me, surprising because the drug reviews are not very high on this one. Just goes to show that all of our brains are so different so you really do have to try each one to see if they work for you. I've tried vraylar, lamotragine, and seroquel, but too many side effects after certain dose. Now steady taking Geodon 20mg in AM and 60 mg PM, with 50mg Seroquel at bedtime so I can sleep. Not too many side effects with Geodon, just a little muscle movement at night. I did get depressed on this so I’ve been through a few trials of antidepressants. The combo that worked for me was when I combined it with Pristiq. They has made me feel like I can get through life again. I’m taking generics of both."

Ron (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Started geodon after bad reation to latuda. EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN!!!! Gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks! So sad because it helped my voices but I think somthing is wrong with my kidneys now. I am not peeing well and horrible anxiety! Use with caution!!!"

Mom with voices (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst experience ever! Took this horrible medicine for bipolar disorder since zyprexa made me gain weight. The first dose was like something out of a nightmare. I felt extremely drowsy, but anxious. Worst anxiety I have ever felt. Everything made me anxious. I wanted to sleep, but couldn't because of the anxiety. Worst feeling I have ever felt. I wanted to go to the hospital to flush it out, but just waited it out. 1 day later, still feeling slight anxiety and want to grind my teeth really badly."

Fats (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Extreme weight loss. Uncontrolled arm, mouth and tongue movements. Terrible uncontrolled spasms."

Rudy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I had to give up my latuda which works wonders because my insurance wouldn’t pay for it. Geodon makes me beyond tired. I almost fell asleep at work a few times. So not worth this side effect. I’ll go on seroquel. I’d rather have weight gain then not be able to work!!!!"

Terrie (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Man I feel better than how I was feeling before. I still hear stuff still but not as bothersome as before. I'd recommend this med for voices for everyone bruhh"

Marquis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'd rate this a 10 but I am still fairly new to it and don't want to be overly optimistic. However my life has turned completely around on this medication. I did have a negative side effect that cause uncontrollable face and tongue movements but once the dosage was adjusted and another medication called cogentin, added to it, those movements have gone away. It was like night and day and I didn't have to wait weeks to feel different. There is a euphoria that comes with it , a sense of well being. It's helped my bipolar symptoms regarding concentration, mood, sleep and over all well being. Yes I know many don't have a pleasant experience with anti or atypical psychotic drugs but for some of us it can really change your life. If the pros outweigh the cons then I'm down to keep using this medication. I take it with lithium and this is the best I've felt in the 15 years that I've been diagnosed as bipolar."

Sikkinixx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on Geodon for the last 5 years. As soon as I started taking the Geodon at 20 mg my sleep started to get disturbed. I was bumped up to 60 mg and the hallucinations have tapered off. I still get delusions and feeling that people are talking out of my mouth as my mouth moves with words. I had initial symptoms of restlessness and anxiety but over time these symptoms have decreased and managed. I take Geodon with food at 5:30pm and it wires me so I can't sleep at night. I tried taking Geodon in the morning with food, but sometimes if I don't eat enough food it causes forced drowsiness and unable to do anything but sleep for a couple of hours. I switched to evening in case the forced drowsiness appeared again. I found that moderate exercise 5 days a week helps with sleep because Geodon increases DHEA level and when DHEA is elevated, you have sleep issues. On the fifth year of Geodon, I started to get drug induced Parkinsonism."

Amy November 17, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Gained 50lbs in 3 months. Ate half a refrigerator a day. The doctor told me that geodon is weight neutral and I need more self control. I've been on oodles of anti-psychotics and other psych drugs. Only zyprexa, lithium, and depakote make me gain weight. Lithium was a pound a week, zyprexa is .75lbs a week, and depakote is 3lbs a week. Geodon is 4lbs a week. A personal high"

Cat November 5, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "This stupid drug caused nothing but trouble for me. I've been on zeldox on and off for two years and all it did to me was making me more aggressive, impulsive and depressed. I recommend people not to take this drug. "

Annomounous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Keeps me stable. However, my hands, legs and ankles would swell while I was taking this medicine. I had to quit it and it is a very hard drug to come off of. This is a very harsh medicine."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I would rate this medication a zero if I could. I took it back in 2007 when my psychiatric nurse practitioner misdiagnosed me as bipolar. I had suicidal ideations and was sent to a "safe house" with this medication for a few days. The first night I took it, I woke up with my neck contorting in different positions and my face grimacing. Fortunately, I told someone and they immediately set me up to see my ARNP who told me I had spasmodic torticollis and immediately took me off the medication and gave me a muscle relaxer that they use for Parkinsons patients. She switched my meds from Geodon to Lithium (another horrible med) and I checked myself out of the "safe house" a few days later. 11 years later I was accurately diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder which can mimic Bipolar but the mood swings are more frequent (days rather than months at a time). "

MissLeopard83 September 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Zeldox 160mg for 10 years. I have bipolar and this drug works great for me I am also on cymbalta as a antidepressant and epilim as a mood stabiliser I was think of changing my cymbalta because of the price not being on PBS anymore in Australia but have decided to just stick with it and take the generic cymbalta which is on the PBS."

Jojo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst drug I've ever taken. 5 days in and I'm getting seizures, three days after I'm still having them. Screw this drug. Stay away from it!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on ziprasidone for 3 months (40mg) and like this drug to some extent. Pros: No side effects like nausea or a headache. Hardly gained any weight (but my appetite increased). Helps to fall and stay asleep (I take 6 hours before going to sleep and I start falling asleep at 11 pm). Cons: Very difficult to wake up in the morning (drowsiness for at least 2 hours upon waking up). It doesn't really help me with paranoia, anxiety, and OCD."

Jill25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Geodon from 2004-2014. The effect actually made me like a zombie. My neurologist actually diagnosed me with Parkinson’s, drug induced. Pale skin, stone face never smiled or showed expression, my tongue would be sticking out and I had no clue. I stumbled and fell often. My daughter researched it in College and her Psycopharmacology professor told her how bad it was. Took me 2 months to be weaned off. Four years later and I am having extreme anxiety and trust issues. Been on other psych meds for 15 yrs, new Psychiatrist researching to find answers. Wish me luck"

Muggzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Geodon since 2001. I am 62 yo. This drug has seriously saved my life! Before Geodon I attempted suicide several times starting when when I was 14 yo. I tried to get help all the time, but nobody listened. Finally out of desperation I found a psychiatrist who recognized what was wrong with me and put me on Geodon, 80 msg, always at bedtime. I also started therapy, for a year, and my life turned around!! Until about a year ago. Maybe 15 months! I started spending money, hiding it from my family! I am now almost $30 thousand in debt it is compulsive spending! And I can’t stop! Also, I can’t wake up! Even when one of my kids come and tries, they can’t wake me! When I do finally get up, I fall asleep when I sit down."

Diana (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm surprised by the negative reviews for geodon it saved my life. I was given geodon two months ago when I was hospitalized for mixed episodes. If you've never had one I pray you never do. Geodon stopped the episode after one dose. If you experience sleepiness ask your doctor if you can take it in one dose at dinner. Also when reading reviews remember that at some doses it is sedating and at others energizing. For me it has been weight neutral in fact I've lost weight while on it. YMMV (your mileage may vary) good luck finding something that works for you."

Dymphna23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "Geodon is working well for me. My condition is pretty severe and other antipsychotic medications caused what I can only describe as an adverse reaction. It doesn't get rid of all my symptoms but I am on a low dose. What I am most surprised by is it's positive effect on my motivation and my desire to see others...I did not know medication could help that."

Fuzzy July 2, 2018