User Reviews for Ziprasidone

5.2

3 reviews
Summary of Ziprasidone reviews 5.9 284 reviews

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve had a fairly positive experience with this drug. Getting adjusted was a nightmare—almost fell asleep while driving a few times. But ironically raising the dose actually helped with my side effects. After four years on it with no episodes I’m now in the process of weaning myself off, but as soon as I decreased the dose I broke out in hives! The hives have now stuck around for 6 months and no amount of antihistamines will make them budge. Such a terrible end to an otherwise great experience with this drug."

Anomymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Prescribed when I was having mixed episode. Did it's job at calming me down quite quickly. However, had some serious side effects: shaking of hands and at one stage, entire left side of body. Coming off it was a nightmare. Dizziness, anger, dark thoughts, shaking, rashes, headaches among others."

Dovid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I went on Geodon after spending 3 years being unstable with severe weight gain. In 8 months I have lost 63 lbs! I am currently the size I was in high school. Not only am I stable but my confidence is back."

Samommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Couldn't think or feel on it. Felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. Had no appetite."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Tried 2 others with bad side effects. I've just switched to the above & no constipation, quiet in my head no cravings or dry mouth. Think I sneeze a bit & my sinuses are clearer. Bit of runny nose but nothing to complain about. Within 2.5hrs I'm slowly drifting into great sleep & can wake up with no alarm feeling very refreshed & energized. I'm really hoping it continues like this as its perfect for me.on 20mg at night. I've got my fingers crossed."

Singerandactor January 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on a handful of the modern antipsychotics for mood and thinking...this completely shut me down. Fought through 3 weeks and it was like a strange hell where I didn't want to sleep but I felt this force dragging me down. I fell asleep driving, I was completely non-functional. stuck with it for 3 weeks and it was time to ditch. I couldn't think about anything, it was weird."

sumofallfears (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "Caused me to have muscle spasms in my back"

Myob (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Autism: "If you think Geodon is not working for the recipient, please Google "What you should eat when taking Geodon - Food and Geodon". Calorie intake is very important."

Mother of a son with Autism (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was only on it for about 3 months! I was on the toilet all day with explosive diarrhea!! I lost 40 to 50 pounds within that time period. My weight was down to 125 pounds. I’m 42 years old now. The last time I weighed 125 pounds was in high school!"

WillnBryant (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Geodon wasn’t good for me I couldn’t stop moving, felt uncomfortable and had tics all the time. I couldn’t sleep. It caused tremors and affected my speech too. I forget what dose I was on, but it was only 2 weeks and I ended up going to psychiatric ER for the side effects. A low dose of Latuda has been a good replacement but everyone is different."

A11me November 11, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've currently take 60mg once a day the past 4 months. So far I haven't gained any weight, actually lost 17lbs. It does make me extremely tired within 3 hours of taking it, so I take it at night. I feel it stabilizes my mood, makes my life more manageable without making me feel like a zombie. My anxiety is still there but not as bad as it used to be."

Moni89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I started geodon with celexa nine years ago. It worked amazing for the first couple of years. But then I started getting physical side effects. I began to have tics on my face and I gained a total of 60 pounds on this med. My vision became poor and I needed glasses. I became numb to my feelings. I started to wake up at night half asleep, eating and doing really weird things. I tapered off over a few months because stopping cold turkey causes me extreme mental withdrawal. I was off it a year and couldn't handle the depression, anxiety and mood swings anymore. I recently went back on a week ago and already my vision is blurry, I'm sleep walking and gained two pounds. I does wonders for me mentally but I can't handle the side effects."

Kelmo137 November 5, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I started taking this in April 2017. I was on 9 medications at the time for manic episodes and severe constant hallucinations. The only medication that ever stopped my hallucinations before this was haldol, but it caused extreme akinesia, so I stopped taking it. Originally was on 20 mg of Geodon twice daily, but have now gone to 80 mg twice daily. This medication is a miracle. The hallucinations have almost completely gone, and my mood is stable for the first time in years. No severe weight gain or weight loss. The only real side effect is that I get sleepy, but it is a welcome rest. I have gone from 9 medications to 3 medications. Recommended."

Jill J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was on Geodon for 12 years. I would take it at night with 500 calories. No weight gain. It worked really well for me for about 9 years. I did have mouth movements and then got anxiety. The past 2 years I've been struggling with all the symptoms of schitzoaffective disorder. Now I'm trying something new. I wish it worked the way it used to."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on Geodon for 6 months now and its helped me maintain my weight and take away all my symptoms with minimal side effects. I increased my dose to 120mg once a day and now I developed insomnia and can't sleep without taking xanax. I will be forced to switch medications."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was taking Geodon with Cymbalta and Clonazepam. I was hospitalized 4 times in a year! Never has that happened (I go inpatient maybe every 3-5 year's for a med adjustment). They kept increasing Cymbalta and Geodon. I believe my last increase had me at 100mg of Geodon. Not only did it MAKE me act bi-polar, I also had full body tremors 24/7, heart palpitations and tachycardia (mainly at bedtime). The last episode lasted 3 hour's. I iced my body (to lower core temperature), took very deep breaths and massaged the main artery, left side of the neck. I was about to call 911 when it finally stopped. I seriously thought I was dying! I wouldn't recommend Geodon for anyone who doesn't require a mood stabilizer based on diagnosis."

Greensprings (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon for about two years for my borderine personality disorder. I am now starting to develop side effects. I take a lower dose and it seems strong enough. If I take more than my body can handle it makes my symptoms worse. I think I am developing diabetes because of the Geodon and my doctor doesn't listen to me when I voice my concerns. When the Geodon wears off in the everning I get anxiety. The anxiety is there until I take the Geodon. I used to take Haldol in a small dose once a day and had way fewer side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was only on the medication for 2 days. This medication put me through the worst hell of my life! First my whole body felt like I was high times 100! Not in a good way either! It was the worst feeling of my life! Coming off landed me in the ER twice. I couldnt stop saying "ZZZZZZZZZZ!" continuously. The paramedics had to give me benydril to make it stop for 5 minutes. This went on till 6 in the morning (12 hrs). STAY AWAY FROM ZIPRASIDONE!"

Neo1866 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I guess drugs really do affect people differently. I have nothing but good things to say about Geodon. I've been on it for a year and a half and my mania has only revealed itself twice since, but didn't last as long. It has also helped with my anxiety. The only thing I wish it helped more of is my depression. I am not as depressed as I used to get, but it's still there. And I really don't laugh a lot on it. But as far as treating my bipolar episodes, it's a great drug. I have had no side effects with it."

FSE (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I can't recommend this pill. It's only been two days and my IQ has gone way down, I promise it wasn't always this way... Anyway, within two days of taking this pill my mind became incredibly forgetful, I forgot my own phone number, and it took me 5 minutes to be able to recall it again. I made multiple big mistakes at work, mistakes that I've never made in my whole 2 years there. I was mortified, but thankfully my boss was really nice about it. Also, I gave a girlfriend a ride home and she told me I was driving awfully and it kind of scared her. Normally I'm a very cautious driver, and she told me that she'd never felt that way before with my driving. I can't continue taking this pill because it destroys my good work performance."

cats007 August 6, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizophrenia: "This is a Zombie drug , causes me to fall and hurt myself , makes me have zero emotions and I hate everyone and want everyone in the world to die ..... would be animal abuse to give it to a pet ......I'm not taking this anymore ."

SchizoAffective August 5, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "When I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder my doctor prescribed Geodon at 40mg once daily to help with my mixed episodes. I immediately felt the effect of the drug. I had Insomnia. I was hallucinating, I would here voices at night. I was aggitated and yelling at my husband and children for no real reason. My mixed episodes got much worse. I quit taking it after 4 days of absolute hell. I know everyone reacts differently the these drugs but my experience was awful."

CM31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this during a bad mixed episode and it did wonders for me. It worked within the day! My only complaint is the sedation side effect. I get knocked out within two hours of taking it, so I take it at night. I also find that you can't take it with carbonated drinks, or else you get nauseous."

bipolarbunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "This basically affected me the same as latuda, did nothing to help my depression, and made my anxiety worse, also made me feel restless and kinda agitated, plus I was clenching my Jaws, and had jaw tightness and pain, something I normally do not have, stopped taking this."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Geodon (ziprasidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been taking Geodon for 13 years. I was disorganized in my thinking in a mixed episode when I started taking it. It worked like a miracle for me. It made me sleepy when I would take it for a few years so I took it at bedtime; 80mg x2. I got use to it eventually. The side effect that troubles me is Low Platlettes. I was diagnosed with that shortly after starting it but my doctors don't blame the Geodon. Has anyone ever stopped taking it after prolonged use. I feel like I may not need it anymore!"

Stacyj1s July 26, 2017