User Reviews for Ziprasidone to treat Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Also known as: Geodon

Reviews for Ziprasidone

b1497 May 11, 2016

“I'm going to start this off by saying that I was a COMPLETELY different person before I started taking this medication. I was prescribed this medication when I was 12 years old, suffering from anorexia, severe depression, and anxiety. This medicine gave me horrible side effects-- trouble with speech, socializing, and I became so dependent on this medicine every night that it took me 3 months of no sleep or food, having to miss school and be locked inside all day, to finally ween off it. I feel like this medicine definitely 'fried' my brain, before taking this medicine I had no issues with motivation, attention, socializing, and speech. After about 4 years off this medication, I can say I'm finally starting to feel a bit bit better.”

Starsake · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2014

“Saved my life I can now socialise, work and function properly no weight gain issues but it makes me sweat while sleeping not sure if this will pass as the weeks go on but that's the only issue I have otherwise it's a good med for me”

Anonymous September 12, 2011

Geodon (ziprasidone): “I took this drug at night and immediately went to sleep. When it became time to wake up the next morning I felt like I was in another world. It literally felt like the world was upside down. I couldn't stand in the shower and ended up collapsing in bed with only a half wet bath robe. I couldn't move and could barely pull cover over top of my immobile body. I had severe pains in my body and especially my legs. I didn't even begin to feel coherent until 3pm. I never took another dose. However, the following night I had insomnia and didn't sleep a wink for two days. This is a strong medicine. ”

Learn more about Body Dysmorphic Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)