User Reviews for Ziprasidone to treat Paranoid Disorder

Also known as: Geodon

Reviews for Ziprasidone

Anonymous September 17, 2013

“I'm on this for depression and paranoia. It's been good to me. I've lost weight from what I gained being on other medicines. I'm running more and feeling happier. When I first got on the pill I was hallucinating for about 3 months but it stopped. Sometimes I get sad but that goes away. The down side to this medicine is when I don't eat I start to shake, my leg cramps up sometimes in the mornings when I'm running. I get dizzy and my hand tenses up. Other than that I sleep very well. Always try to take the pill or the next day will be very hard, my body starts to hurt.”

Anonymous April 8, 2012

“I would get very restless after each dose, and it really knocked me out, although in some ways that was a very good thing. I lost weight on it, which was a huge plus, and was way less paranoid. It was a great medicine, probably my favorite antipsychotic besides Latuda. No anger at all either; I was very relaxed.”

Megg May 26, 2011

Geodon (ziprasidone): “I was prescribed Geodon for Depression with paranoid features. It worked well as a mood stabilizer and I didn't really notice any side effects during the day (I took 160mg at night) except for some initial appetite loss. However when I would take it with my evening meal (you have to take it with food), within 2 hours I was extremely sedated to the point of not being able to keep my eyes open. I went off the medication after a month as I didn't feel it was helping me enough to justify taking such a strong drug. ”

koali777 January 11, 2010

“This medication is hard for me to rate. I give it a 7 because it really helped stabilize my moods, and I'm really OCD but it made me stop worrying about filth and that people were going to kill me. I was never depressed on it, and it helped me sleep really well every night. At first, it was my miracle drug. However, after about 6 weeks, I started losing pleasure in everything. I had to drop out of school because I couldn't concentrate anymore (I couldn't read like I loved to anymore either), and I had to take a break from my job because I tutor math and certainly couldn't process information. I couldn't play video games and hardly joked around. I wasn't depressed...I was just a zombie. A lower dosage of this medicine may have worked.”

Learn more about Paranoid Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)