User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 41 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 507 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuropathic Pain "I was started on this medication by an Emergency department doctor as I was taken to hospital with numbness down my left side... Turns out a twenty year old fracture in c2 and c3 in my spine cord has fused together and is pinching a nerve... Been sent for a CAT scan will report back... 75mg Lyrics twice daily.. Pain, nausea, gone anxiety moodswings(ptsd) gone... The numbness is still there but bearable.. I love this stuff so far... No side effects what so ever so far 3 days in... Will report back later if anything changes"

Mandi_x (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was given Lyrica for diabetic neuropathy. After about 10 days, I started to hallucinate. I was in a terrible way. I have to say, it did help with the pain, but the side effects, for me anyway, were pretty horrific."

Skinzlu (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was given lyrica 3 years ago for back pain from herniated disk. The pain down my legs at night was horrific. The pain in my legs went but I put on 12kg. I did not eat more in fact I ate less because of my weight gain. The Dr refused to believe that lyrica was the cause of the gain. Now 2 years later I have been given lyrica again because no other drugs worked. When will dr listen and learn about side affects."

Jessika04 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have had Diabetic Peripheral neuropathy for many years now. I started with Gabapentin which worked at first but only to a small degree so we switched to Lyrica 75mg. It was as good as the Gabepentin but I hoped for more so we upped it to 100mg. A trial at 150mg did not work at all so I dropped it in 2 days and went back to 100mg. Now it will work but only for one half of a day and I refuse to take more until after dinner. At bedtime I take an OTC product from Hyland for restless legs and another for leg cramps (one & one) with my prescribed 500mg Magnesium and it helps me make it thru the night. Please do not deplete my drug store for the Hylands products. I told one friend and the entire stock was gone in 2 days."

Sally Smooth (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia "I've been prescribed Lyrica 300mg morning and night also Amitriptyline 10mg for TN pain. Before taking these meds life was near unbearable to live. The meds do come with some side affects, short term memory loss and sometimes blurred vision being the worse. I've thankfully not had issue with weight gain. You have take the good with the bad sometimes. Without the prescribed meds life would be hell."

Miroku July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I have sciatica and I've been taking this medication (150 mg per day) for several weeks and have very few side effects except for blurred vision (close up, though my long distance vision is fine). Which is a challenge as my job requires quite a bit of computer work. I am wondering if this will last as long as I am on this medication."

Heldie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I've been suffering from 24/7 muscle pain (chronic upper body tension, spasms, muscle pain, headaches, etc.) everyday for 8 years. I started Lyrica 3 weeks ago at 50 mg 2x a day. Other than a little fuzzy fibro brain, which is not uncommon for me, I've had no major side effects at all. I bumped it up to 50 mg in the a.m. At the 2 week mark, I wasn't feeling much better, so I bumped the dose another 25 mg a day in the a.m. for a total of 75 mg a day. Oh my God ... I haven't felt this good in years!! it's been about a week now, and I don't want to jinx it, but, honestly, Lyrica is life-changing for me ... and I haven't gained a single pound!"

LooLoo22 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica almost 2 1/2 years. When I first started it I was really skinny so weight gain didn't bother me but now I have gained over 25 lbs which is not good at all. I am going to go back to Gabapentin which helped me get off morphine. My eyes are dry and blurry. I fart all the time and I am fat! I was off of it the beginning of the year and I was hurting but side affects are too much."

Kelly 2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica really has changed my life by allowing me to sleep at night without all the leg pain. Having both fibromyalgia and neuropathy is a lot of pain but combined with my other meds I no longer suffer from nerve pain."

Lonzo angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking lyrica 25mg 2 weeks ago. I was sleepy day 1, took nap. Next day 25mg felt well and energetic. I'm combining low dose which a massage every 2 weeks. I'm interested in what others have to say about long term use at a low dose."

Murr61 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "My mum has been taking Lyrica for around three years. It has been a huge problem! Drugs.com has a page on Lyrica's Side Effects yet it doesn't mention is that it can cause a stroke. My mum has had three mini strokes. It has given her dementia, incontinence, she can't walk properly etc. She has many of the side effects mentioned. The doctor is slowly taking her off Lyrica and she almost back to herself."

Poszike June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have more then just fibromyalgia. Major back surgery in 2007 a Lammectomy/Spinal Fusion with 2 Herninated Disc. I was good for a long time. About 2014 all my joints hurt, my ankles felt like a match stick. So for the Lyrica they are giving me 600 mg a day for Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica Neuralgia, Neuropathy, lower lumbar back pain ( which I feel does not work on my back) I'm 47 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I feel much less pain and able to get my day started a lot easier. I just hope it continues to help with the pain."

Bella Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Been taking lyrica for 4 months now for carpel tunnel and neuropathy in hands and feet. It is no good. It has not stopped the pain at all, makes me so dizzy I am afraid to drive my car, legs swell like balloons, and have gained over 30 pounds in 3 months. A clinical research was recently done in Australia on lyrica (for Acute and Chronic Sciatica) and the findings stated it had the same effect as the research subjects getting placebos or sugar pills. The makers have racked in 3 billion dollars on it. I told my doc it isn't working but he still prescribes it to me, finding another doc this week. I just got a months supply, 90 pills 3 times a day, 150 mg at a cost of $1,111.19. Biggest drug ripoff in history."

mspighee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I have Fibromyalgia and developed horrific back/sciatic pain last year. I started taking lyrica about 3 months ago and within a week,I could walk properly. I could sleep, I could exercise and I thought it had fixed everything. Then my elbow started hurting. I just thought I'd strained it at the gym. The pain became excruciating. Then it hit the other arm until 3 days ago when it got so bad, I couldn't move my arms properly. It felt like my arms were inflamed from my shoulders to my finger tips. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the arm pain is starting to go. But the back pain is starting to come back. I also have had no idea what day it is for the last 3 weeks which I thought was stress but suspect is the lyrica."

Emeeoh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have suffered from headaches for years with relief with Excedrin. However, I was taking up to 8 at the onset to keep it from becoming a migraine. I'm really surprised that the Drs didn't tell my about "Excedrin abuse" since I told all that I was taking that much. However, when prescribed Lyrica for fibro pain, my headaches were gone to maybe 3 a week. So I highly recommend this for serious headache problems. Does help with Fibro pain. But, weight gain and dry mouth are my biggest side effect and is to the extent that I almost want to go back to 8 Excedrin a day. Hope this helps someone!"

Sandymc1963 May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started this drug ten years ago and gave rave reviews then so would like to again. I was able to manage my FM through diet, exercise and adequate sleep through most of my 20's. One day I pushed myself too hard at work, and I got to what I call "final stage". Half hour after getting a shot of Dilodid in the ER I was still crying and writhing. Doctor came in and sat down looking worried. "There's probably nothing more you can do for me." I said "No, there's not." She sent me home with maximum doses of every painkiller on the planet-nothing got rid of the deep burning aching pain. It hurt to stand, sit, walk, lie down. I laid in bed for days not knowing what to do. I tried Lyrica. That pain has been gone ever since. I got my life back."

Painless A (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Had a motorcycle accident at the age of 15. Had no problems until I reached 40 years old. Started feeling pains and aches in my legs. That progressed for the next 10 years. Started to be unable to lift heavy things without causing strain in the back. Eventually was unable to sit down or lay down comfortably. Had tried several types of pain relieving medications but they cause more symptoms like stomach problems. Had over 500 Xylocaine needles injected into my spine and butt bone. Had to get those needles at least every 2 weeks period I am no longer in an area where the service is available. My doctor put me on Lyrica and it is like Miracle medication. It is not only taking away my pain but it's also giving me energy and motivation."

Nightshawks (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I had been on Morphine for fibro and it helped a lot but my doctor took me off it and I got on Lyrica. I only take one 75mg at night. I was taking it 3x day and I got so flaky I had problems with remembering things and had a HUGE appetite . I have always been slender and I did lose a lot of weight a few years ago so it was ok to gain weight again. But my appetite is still pretty big now. It helps with the pain. I had tried gabapetin and was taking it 3 times a day and started hallucinating . It was crazy so I got off that but it did help to get off morphine so I might go back on it and just take it twice a day. Since I am 70 and poor I get my Lyrica free. It helps a lot of people but then you have those crazy side effects."

Kelly 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia, this was the worst medication I have ever taken! Within a few days, my anxiety levels were through the roof . I had other side effects too but I can't recall what they were now - it's been a horrendous year."

Big A 47 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "It's sad when people write a drug of because their experience was negative. With nerve pain of any kind there are different levels of pain in which the body can get to, sometimes I have muscle spasms with and without pain, in My face, my legs, my back neck n shoulders, my eyes to. I even vomit as a result is severe pain. My vision is blurred my breathing and anxiety levels affected greatly, LYRICA make most of this go away. Please understand not all meds suit every individual so you have to try different things till one works for you. I also took lyrica in pregnancy n have a healthy chubby lil baby boy 100% a ok this med gave me part of my life back. Living with pain is crucifying but living with lyrica is a solution !!! For me anyway"

a.cai May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was taking Lyrica following a trial of Cymbalta failed miserably. I was titrated up to 150 mg twice a day. 4 days following the last increase in dose I noticed substantial foot and lower leg swelling. I promptly stopped taking the medication following consulting my physician."

Nurseboy May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I've had 6 spine surgeries in 5 yrs. I suffer from neuropathy and nerve pain to severe levels. With this new trend, by an insensitive Congress, to take away opioids I couldn't imagine being without Lyrica. The only side effect is memory loss, only short term memory. I don't mind. If you suffered my pain you wouldn't either. I've never felt high and taken it for 5 yrs. 75mg x 3 daily. I'm grateful for it. I would suffer so bad w/o it."

DjayR (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Where to start with this drug ? I refer to it as "The Devil's drug" it was horrible could not function, swelling of my hands and legs and feet. My cognitive thinking was non existent , voice slurred sounded drunk .Could not function at all and could not get off this stuff fast enough. Just listen to the commercial on TV and all the side effects they throw in at the end. I would never take this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Taking Lyrica for spinal cord injury. Started with 75 mg daily. Seem to stop the severe burning in my feet but I have memory problems with blurred vision. Dr. has upped the meds to 150 mg 2X daily not sure how I'm going to react to that. I'll report back in a week or two if I have a brain left"

Teflon250 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017