User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 39 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 419 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "I will start off by saying it did cause weight gain. My clothes fit the same but the number on the scale went up about 7-10 pounds depending on the day. I cannot say this is solely because the drug- I think I can safely say that this is because my pain has improved so drastically that I have appetite again. I can keep the weight off if I really want to, but I am not overweight and I am content with my appetite finally being back after years of struggles that I don't think it's a problem. Regardless, I have been on lyrica for almost a year now. It has drastically improved my nerve pain, joint stiffness and swelling (along with a gallon of water a day), appetite, energy, and sleep. I am not pain free but no fibromyalgia patient truly ever is pain free but my pain has gone from an average of 8-9 down to a 4-5 on my good days. My flare ups are far less frequent and I only experience them once every two or so months which is a huge improvement over every other week. The length of the flare ups is also shortened from 3-5 days down to 2 days maximum. At the beginning of taking the medicine I was slightly drowsy but nothing dangerous. I only take it once a day and I am trying to keep it that way to avoid moving up to 2 doses a day. Lyrica is my miracle drug and has definitely given me my life back. My biggest complaint is the cost and insurance but it could be worse. It costs me $2 a day to feel normal again."

lauren165 August 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "i have been on lyrica for just over two weeks now.i have pain and pins and needles down my left side.i think it has helped marginally.i have not gained weight or suffered from sleepnesses"

mickspain60 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Awful drug , mess you mind up. Pain or sanity you choose"

Jimbobp11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have herpes zoster and my Dr prescribes Lyrica, for the nerve endings. I took the capsules 1 day (2days ago) and after I woke up the next morning, I was completely disorientated, neuasious and vomiting, sleepy, drowsy, forgetful, having uncontrallable shakes in hands and fingers. I thought it will get better soon if I do not take it again. My husband took me to work where I slept the whole time. I had dry nose and mouth, couldnt eat or drink, muscle stiffness drunk feeling, and walking abnormal. I stopped taking it and feeling today better. Could have a shake for breakfast."

JC van Straten (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year. My old doctor prescribed me Cymbalta and it didn't work. I was off from work for 2 months because of the pain. All I did was layed in bed suffering. Seemed like I would never have my normal life back. I went to another doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica it lessened the pain within a day or two. Now I have some of my life back. I still have a little pain but Lyrica has helped me and changed my life."

Litalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica was my miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 5 years and have tried everything. Anti depressants, exercise, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica. But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, blurry vision, bad judgement which causes accidents to my fingers and toes I have recently had difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. She said stop daytime and only take at bedtime. every other night till I ween off. My quality of life has worsened. I have started Chondroiden, MSM powder and ALpha Lipoid"

ccrichwine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I had a Triple Arthrodesis (triple fusion in my foot), and because so many nerves had to be cut, my foot was on fire. I was originally given Nuerotin, which I took, and it bottomed out my blood pressure, I was rushed to the ER unconscious, and kept there until I was okay. Needless to say, I discontinued it, and was given Lyrica....but that made me nervous as well. With my pain over a 10, and the inability to sleep, I decided to try it. I slept well, my pain is decreased some, but isn't gone. I'm only at day 3, and I'm pretty dizzy, sick to my stomach, and sleepy, but that's all so far. I do hope it helps my pain a little more, it's about an 8 now, so we shall see! I'm glad to hear some good stories."

Chele1981 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have nerve pain in both legs due to nerve toxicity caused by levoflox two months ago which makes my life miserable and gave me unparalled stress and insomnia. I took 75 mg lyrica twice a day and this reduced my pain almost completely. However due to several side effects I am afraid to continue taking it but I don't have a choice coz the other medicines too have as terrible side effects. Its so discouraging that so far science has not been able to find a cure. By treating a particular health problem the side effects are bringing other bothersome problems too"

dhany August 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago. Tried gabapentin, Cymbalta, muscle relaxers and opiates. Doc finally had me gave me lyrica (after I had to try everything else first) ams at first, it worked. I did feel "high" but that slowly went away. After approx. 2 weeks of 75mg a day, I had horrible side effects..feeling depressed, like people were talking about me or didnt like me, had no memory or wasn't able to concentrate but what finally got me to stop was I had thoughts of driving my car off of a hill that i drive down daily. I may suffer from pain so intensely that I cry all the time, can't leave my home at times or feel blue because of it, but I had never thought of taking my own life. I stopped immediately despite my docs orders."

Anonymous July 29, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I took Lyrica for 8-9 months, then around the 5th month unknowingly it was Lyrica doing all kinds of bodily function damage, feeling unwell, swelling, cramping, kidneys, liver and bladder hurt. Then I realized I no longer want to be poisoned, so I stop taking it and it is hellish trying to get off. Wouldn't let my dog take it! Stay away from it! It's pure poison to your body and BRAIN as well. Very low functioning! It needs to be taken off the market!"

Poisonmed July 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "My heart goes out to anyone who has the kind of pain that necessitates taking this drug and if it has helped you I am glad to hear that. It did nothing for me except give me insomnia, make me forgetful, and increase my neuropathy pain and burning. I already have difficulty sleeping because of neuropathy and L5 compression agony. This pill made it worse. I took 50 mg at bedtime for about a week. The doctor said it takes a while to get into the system. I'm not waiting that long. It's not working, I don't like it, and I don't trust it."

Outside (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I'm only taking 50 mg at night for my leg sciatica pain and I feel dizzy at times. I'm also using Dr. Ho TENS machine on my lower back for 40 minutes to scramble the signal pain. I think both are helping right now. I was on a higher dose over 300mg a few years ago and my hands and feet swelled up and I gained 30 pounds I can't get rid of now even with water pills, so I had to stop med. I've had shingles right when I turned 50 before I could get the Shingles vaccine which I recommend to everyone as shingles is painful! I took only Lyrica 25mg two or three times a day to stop the shingles pain, A low dose due to side effects from a larger dose."

CHERBEARS1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Helped slow me down so much that I was ignoring the pain. I didnt care about anyone or anything . Made me constipated. Just stopped taking it a week ago and dont feel anything bad. Feel much better now that I am off"

Feelmuchbetter July 15, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Weight Gain as soon as I started taking Lyrica."

Rft3231 July 6, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The nerve pain became so unbearable that it forced me to take lyrica despite the bad reviews and long list of negative side effects. I was told by many that it worked a lot better that neurontin with less drastic negative effects. Well, it has eased my pain some, but the side effects have taken my life from me. I'm dizzy at times, my head is always foggy and not clear thinking, I have depression, anger outbursts I've never had before, daily nausea, and am so tired that I can sleep all day and night long and can barely function. Unfortunately the alternative medications have even worse negative side effects, so what are we supposed to do in order to have some normalcy?"

Anonymous June 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have nerve damage in my arms,'can't use them without fatigue. I have tried everything for the pain, nothing works well. Except for lyrica. I take 150mg twice a day and now the pain is so manageable that I get my life back. If you have really bad nerve pain that makes you feel depressed and debilitated give the medication a go! I have had a few side effects like memory fog but the pain relief is worth it!"

Zevii (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have had neuropathy for some time and tried a host of other medications before trying Lyrics. I was on it for slightly over 3 months with my dosage starting at 75 mg twice a day to 300 twice a day. Initially the pain was approximately 7-8 and the Lyrics got it to about a 5 routinely with some days worse. However I suffered from some of the side effects stated by it's manufacturer including dizziness, being off-balance at times, problems with sleep and concentration, and weight gain. (Approximately 20 pounds over 3 mos. and it's resulting effect on increasing my A1c.The) worst part was an increase in anger. After no subsiding of the side effects my Doctor suggested I cease using it. We are looking for alternatives."

James Robertson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica has done a great job on my Fibro pain, but I am trying to get off it primarily due to side effects. It has caused mymetabolism to slow down so I can't lose weight, chronic constipation, and terrible gas. I can't go around anymore farting everywhere I go. I'll live with the Fibro pain."

TMarie38 June 4, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Lyrica seems to help with the pain, but it also has an effect of making my hands shake"

coloradohobo May 31, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles in January 2014. I have had terrible PHN ever since. 2.5 years of pain. It has been awful!! Shingles is the worst pain I have ever experienced and it isn't going away. I tried everything out there from Gabapentin to acupuncture, to percocet, to injections in my back and nothing helped, or it would help for a few weeks, but the pain always managed to come back strong. I was wary of Lyrica because of the side effects, but I finally decided to try it. It has definitely helped me and I can do things like ride my bike again with little pain. However, I have put on 8 lbs in 6 months and I am an extremely active person, so this is tough for me. I also have pain in my joints and sometimes my hands go numb, but less pain."

Cyclist 54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've read many opinions on this site most being negative towards this amazing medication. I have suffered from a trapped nerve near my waistband ( hip) and nothing I took or did could stop the pain / burning / tingling numbness from my hip to my knee cap. I declined surgery to remove the nerve and was placed finally on lyrica. I hesitated for 2 months before finally giving in to the medication because of all the negative reviews you read online.First two days i was on lyrica I had a small headache and dry mouth that is about it. after a week the dry mouth went away and I was left virtually pain free within 2 weeks. DON'T read into everything and hesitate to take thismedication.I have not gained a single pound and im pain free. im on 3 x 50mg"

Matt from canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've had problems with my feet burning for several years. Every year it was worse than the year before. It got to the point that I couldn't stand anything on my feet. Lyrica helped a lot, with much less frequency and severity of burning. Finally some relief. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue because of side effects. I had almost all side effects listed in the info sheet. Most I could have tolerated, but the ones I couldn't was weight gain, confusion, and fast progressing blurred vision. Also, I had severe clinical depression over 18 years ago until I received the correct antidepressant. I've had no depression since. However, the Lyrica caused it to return, although not as severe. It also caused anger flareups, very unlike me."

Anonymous May 11, 2016