User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 40 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 459 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "Worst medicine ever. I gained nearly 50 pounds in four months. At first the medicine made me feel good even though I was gaining the weight fast. By the fourth month the pain was so intense it actually rivalled childbirth. I was not overeating and in fact I was working out more. I still cannot get the weight back off. If I could give this med a -10 I would."

C jor (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "I was given this medicine from my Dr. I told her I would research it but I paid $25 and picked it up. What a waste of money, I should've researched first. After reading this I'm deathly afraid to take this drug so I won't be. Thank you for all the reviews."

Justlitleme February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Confused most of the time."

Rose mark (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia "I didn't experience any side effects at 50mg 2x per day. After my knee replacement surgery, I started taking 100 mg 3x per day. Almost right away I noticed vision blurriness, and mental fog. After about a month I started noticing weight gain, and swelling I'm ankles, legs, feet, and my hands are puffy. I have been on it 7 weeks now and have already gained 10 pounds. The swelling in my feet is nearly intolerable."

Gsusan435 February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "This medicine helped my neuropathic pain, but gave me neck and shoulder pain I couldn't talk without straining to find the words I walked around like I was drunk. I'm off and back to me again"

Maj735 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Doc put me on Lyrica 50 mg twice a day. The first two weeks were AMAZING, I was doing things I haven't been able to do in many years. HOWEVER, let me just say IT DOES CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN AND MINE WAS NOT FROM OVEREATING. In fact, I was hardly hungry at all and when I do eat, it is usually fruits and veggies. I was even working out every day. The last day I took Lyrica (I only took it for one month), it made me so freaking miserable, I went home in tears. My stomach swelled up like I was malnourished and every time I would bend over, I would throw up water or whatever I had just put on my stomach. It was AWFUL! In a month, I gained over 10 lbs. NOT COOL!"

GIGI HOLLOWAY February 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia "After spinal injury I suffered neuralgia in my legs. The doctors tried multiple drugs some were worthless and some of the others were dangerous. Lyrica caused blurring of visin and tremors. Looking for something to make me feel better. Lyrica was not it."

dandon678 February 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "Initially, this medicine was a godsend. Burning pain finally fizzled away. Muscle pains, didn't help as much. Still got numb and weak as well. The real problem came months later when I realized I was having memory problems. Had to wean off it. Memory loss was permanent. Chunks of time just gone. I still think because of the state of pain I was in I would do it over. Maybe the pain made me block out the time. I wish I would have just risked stopping it sooner to see if the nerve had healed. I still take them when I am desparate for relief. But just one maybe two until the zingers stop. Oh ya, nerves were damaged from electricity. Hand to my neck and face."

AboutElec January 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Had a slipped disc with sciatic pain diagnosed before new year. Had been having heart palpitations, anxiousness, blurry vision and having suicidal thoughts. Felt could be due to the drugs I'm taking and turns out... it's all from lyrica. "

SlippedDisc January 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I hate this medication because it hasn't helped any of my joints or nerve pain. The only positive side is it helped my IBS and I don't get stomach attacks anymore. I still have so bad joint and muscle pain all the time, I take 75 mg twice a day and nothing seems to do the trick. I hate the side effects I get a real bad headache too."

hasbrogrl74 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia "for the last 22 years I have been suffering from severe form of Trigeminal Neuralgia had the Alcohol Block as well as the Gamma Knife procedures but to no avail. Help came when I was given high dosage of Lyrica in combination with Carbatrol. With time I was able to reduce it to half of the quantity of both medications. For the last 8-9 years I have been taking 900 mg of Lyrica and 600 mg of Tegretol. Before the Lyrica I was disabled, I couldn't talk, eat. open and close my eyes, touch my face, shave, have a haircut, or have my teeth cleaned, the list is too long. Basically noting could touch or move on the right side of my face. When I tried to eat, tears will stream down my face. I am taking Lyrica since February 2002, it saved my life."

My 50th birthday gift was TN January 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia "I'm feeling terrible. I have been for several tests but no luck"

Betsie le Roux (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "I became a bit suicidal on this drug. I'm an upbeat person and couldn't understand why I felt so low. I had been given the drug without packaging and side effects. I would urge caution in taking this drug"

Mugone (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "I am suffering from burning pain in my body. I was on the Fentanyl patch for 15 years. That gave me complete relief. Because of drug issues in my state, I tapered off of Fentanyl in Feb. I don't think that Lyrica was around before I started the patch. Since the burning pain came back, I was put on Lyrica. It certainly helped and I can live somewhat pain free. Now the doctor has refused to give me a script for Lyrica because he is afraid of repercussions from authorities. I will have to find another doctor. I am dependent on anything that will take this pain away and I hope I can find a doctor who will give me Lyrica again. It is not giving me a good reputation to be constantly changing doctors."

pfsawyer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "I devolved severe sciatic leg pain about 3 years ago after damaging my spine. I was bedridden for two months. My doctor here in South Australia tried different medications including morphine pain patches and oxycontin which did slightly help. I had two cortisone injection in my lower spine which worked, the pain went. Yeah 4 weeks later, I developed severe chronic peripheral neuropathy i.e. muscle leg cramps. I started out on 150 mg Lyrica and now 300mg. The Lyrica makes me tired so I do not drive unless I stop taking it the day before. My wife massages my legs for 15 mins morning and night. I use a tens machine plus a Revertive foot machine for relief."

The lame Duck (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I wanted to share my experience in combining Lyrica and Neurontin for neuropathy symptoms; I've had fibromyalgia for 25 yrs. Neurontin was effective, but only at 1800 mg./day, which left me drowsy (fell asleep anytime I wasn't moving). My MD switched me to Lyrica (75 mg), but when I got to 3 per day, I rapidly gained weight - 10 lbs. in 2 wks! As a med student, I knew the two meds worked in a similar way and were metabolized similarly. I decreased the Lyrica to 1/ day, which stopped the weight gain, but didn't control the nerve pain, so I added back in one 300 mg. Neurontin per day (both at bedtime, to minimize drowsiness) - still not enough pain control. I added another Neurontin, and that was optimal for me. I take it all at bedtime."

Monkey8065 December 31, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Just diagnosed. Paid 100 for 30 day script. Scared to take it after reviewing comments here."

TT dubois December 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "Was put on Lyrica for recurring hip pain (& lower back pain). By one month I was on 2x75mg morning & night. Greatly reduced the pain, but I felt like I was constantly forgetful & would have brain fogs constantly. Have gained just a little weight, but can't do much with my hip anyway. The one thing that has made my Dr decrease the dose back to one a night very quickly, was I became depressive. Unfortunately, would prefer to deal with the pain & find something else, than feel that way. It is effective for pain relief (I found), but unfortunately I suffered some of the bad side effects."

MummaMann (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "Didn't help with blocking pain, I did react by swelling feet and ankles! Was on lyrica for 6 days and had to go back to emergency because of swelling."

Nerve (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Terrible Med! Years after taking for a few weeks I still have seriously blurry vision. Seems to be permanent. Everything about this drug was far worse than the problems it was supposed to address. Do not take this toxic garbage. My Dr insisted I had to give it time to work... Any more time and I'd likely be dead or blind! Avoid like the plague and/or carefully read of myriad side effects and hope you can stop in time to avoid permanent problems from side effects. IMO this med s/b taken off the market!"

BuddyBoy _88 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "600 mg of lyrica works wonders for me. Its a very good drug and completely takes away the pain. Without this drug I would go insane I've gone days with so much pain that I thought of committing suicide. Really awful feeling because I have always enjoyed life and I'm only 38. Nerve pain is by far the most painful pain I have ever had. To all of you who suffer out there, there will always be a medicine that can help you. Don't give up there is a way this horrible condition. I hope everyone find relief"

Thunder38 December 11, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. After taking the first dose my hands and feet swelled up and I couldn't bend my figures. If I tried the pain was intense. Then I stated to stagger. I wobbled when I tried to stand still. My mind fogged up. I felt drunk and hungry. I got a sandwich and it slipped off of my plate to the floor and I picked up and continued to eat, at least a couple of times. Every thing I ate that night tasted so good. I was so sleepy. When I got up in the morning there were things in places that should never of been. (ie: TV remote in the bathroom, food on the floor near my bed and other things misplaced. I felt like I had a hangover. NEVER AGAIN. I had the same experience with Gabapentin. Just say no!"

Juwa (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuropathic Pain "Have been on Lyrica for six months now for lower back pain. At first, 2x25mg per day. With doc's approval moved to 1x25mg per day. Now, 1x75mg, three times per week. The effect has been enormous. Pain gone. Thanks to Australian health system, costs are about $6/month"

fimmy November 7, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed this for fibromyalgia, I've tried it several times at low doses and have had a horrible experience. I can not explain this but within an hour of taking lyrica I get the most severe tooth pain, like every tooth suddenly has a hole in it ? I went to my dentist the first time NO HOLES?? My doctor thought it was amusing ? Bizarre. My real problem is the next morning after taking lyrica I have horrendous stomach pain for days, hurts to urinate, poop or fart. Feels like I really have to push to urinate, my doctor said sounds like stomach/intestine inflammation which is on the common side, so I've been taken off it. I will say I sleep like a baby after taking it!"

Sassy16 November 4, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Two attempts at treatment for fibromyalgia with Lyrica. Both had similar outcomes, in that the "cure" was worse than the illness. Side effects were overwhelming from the onset: increased fatigue, terrifying anxiety, tremors. In addition, this drug's efficacy was zero. I received no positive effects from Lyrica and discontinued use. Side note: I need to learn about illnesses that affect me and medications that I take or are offered to me. Doctors may mean well, but I need to know how they affect ME, not just what is printed in a package insert. And if a doc is not right for me, it's time to find her replacement."

GreatCaesarsGhost (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016