User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 41 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 518 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "My doctor just put me on Lyrica 25 mg tablet twice a day. The first day I took one dose around lunch the other before bedtime and got sleepy in the day. Anyway I emailed doctor he said only take the one at nite but I decided to take both at nite and feel great! I have suffered for years with fibromyalgia and cymbalta was not working for the fibromyalgia but I also take cymbalta for depression so still on that added the Lyrica and feel that the great pain is so much less, my knees and ankle pain, burning sensation all down, and finally get a good sleep without all the leg pain. I am thankful for this drug and finally can get my life back on track and finally see light at the end of my long tunnel of dealing with this horrible condition."

mauichan247 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "This one of the worst medication ever. It does not help, I end up in tears I am hurting so bad. I drop things, don't even notice, can't open things like I used too. The pain is unbearable, I just think this is a rubbish medication."

Chancy1985 October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "great treatment"

Nanron (taken for 10 years or more) October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was prescribed Lyrica for post shoulder surgery with continuing nerve pain radiating down the arm. Lyrica caused me to gain 20lb, slurred speech, blurred vision. I had edema in my ankles too. Since I would only take it two times a day, I would have rebound nerve pain that encourage me to take more Lyrica. After my Dr advised me about the weight gain, I decided to take myself off of it. It took 10 days to withdrawal from the drug but I'm glad I did. I'm a clinical Pharmacist and advised all on Lyrica to be AWARE of all the adverse effects of this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia "I have been on Lyrica for only a bit over a week. Small doses were recommended; 25 mg, twice a day. I found this not to work, so I tried 50 mg at night, with some success. Increasing the dosage to 75 mg at night, resulted in the first time in a long while I can say I felt no pain. I feel a little listless, but I hope this will resolve itself. I find taking Magnesium Malate in the morning to energize me. For potential bloating I am taking B6, and monitoring my weight preparing to adapt my eating habits, and increase my physical activity with Yoga."

Amnoz (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "This drug in combination with another pharmaceutical products took the pain away which I was getting from an L3/4 - L4/5 disc protrusion. The pain was horrific which made me collapse twice and taken to hospital via ambulance. However I am now dealing with the side effects of the drug, which going by the list I have probably 25-30% of these. I have in the last few days finally got to not taking this drug at all and am coping on over the counter pain relief. But I am still experiencing major dizziness, coordination and confusion. This is majorly impacting my day to day life and stopping me from walking my dogs just a very short distance and even holding a conversation. Not happy with the side effect."

DMAD September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Gabapentin caused severe hair loss. Now on Lyrica. Pain (trigeminal neuralgia) is not constant but unrelieved. Had surgery and radiation. Lyrica causes me to walk strange, tremor in legs and fingers, blurred near vision. Not sure if I should continue. Will see what Dr says on Tuesday."

Blitty (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "works great for numbness pain in feet"

Pepi 1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Started having horrific leg stabbing pain, feet numbness and tingling not a pins and needle pain and freezing cold hands and feet! My doctor sent me to neurologist he thought maybe MS! 2 hours of different testing and found that when I stand with eyes closed I guess I sway really bad! EMG came back Peripheral Neuropathy Idiopathic! I'M NOT DIABETIC! PAIN SPECIALIST started me on Lyrica back in 2011 June and I LOVE it! I can walk now without crying! I also have tried tons on pain pills and favorites are Roxidone 15mg take as needed and I Fentynal patches and Norco 10s when needed but after years of trying everything from Morphin, Methadone,Cymbalta, klonopin,ect ect LYRICA is the winner! Only take that 1 pain pills in am now, use to take 5"

CCBEAR August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "My whole body would be on fire without Lyrica. My sensory neuropathy is so bad I wouldn't be able to eat most foods without terrible reflux pain that would burn my throat and face. It does cause fatigue (build up slowly) but it's a trade off for quality of life. I have none without it. Lyrica has been the only drug that works for my small fiber neuropathy that didn't suddenly stopped working for me. I've had to increase dosage over the years. I currently take 350mg day, targeting 400mg."

Zopdeep (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia "Finally found a medication that helps me deal with everyday life with my Depression and anxiety."

Kimmiegirl77 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was started on this medication by an Emergency department doctor as I was taken to hospital with numbness down my left side... Turns out a twenty year old fracture in c2 and c3 in my spine cord has fused together and is pinching a nerve... Been sent for a CAT scan will report back... 75mg Lyrics twice daily.. Pain, nausea, gone anxiety moodswings(ptsd) gone... The numbness is still there but bearable.. I love this stuff so far... No side effects what so ever so far 3 days in... Will report back later if anything changes"

Mandi_x (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was given Lyrica for diabetic neuropathy. After about 10 days, I started to hallucinate. I was in a terrible way. I have to say, it did help with the pain, but the side effects, for me anyway, were pretty horrific."

Skinzlu (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I was given lyrica 3 years ago for back pain from herniated disk. The pain down my legs at night was horrific. The pain in my legs went but I put on 12kg. I did not eat more in fact I ate less because of my weight gain. The Dr refused to believe that lyrica was the cause of the gain. Now 2 years later I have been given lyrica again because no other drugs worked. When will dr listen and learn about side affects."

Jessika04 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have had Diabetic Peripheral neuropathy for many years now. I started with Gabapentin which worked at first but only to a small degree so we switched to Lyrica 75mg. It was as good as the Gabepentin but I hoped for more so we upped it to 100mg. A trial at 150mg did not work at all so I dropped it in 2 days and went back to 100mg. Now it will work but only for one half of a day and I refuse to take more until after dinner. At bedtime I take an OTC product from Hyland for restless legs and another for leg cramps (one & one) with my prescribed 500mg Magnesium and it helps me make it thru the night. Please do not deplete my drug store for the Hylands products. I told one friend and the entire stock was gone in 2 days."

Sally Smooth (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia "I've been prescribed Lyrica 300mg morning and night also Amitriptyline 10mg for TN pain. Before taking these meds life was near unbearable to live. The meds do come with some side affects, short term memory loss and sometimes blurred vision being the worse. I've thankfully not had issue with weight gain. You have take the good with the bad sometimes. Without the prescribed meds life would be hell."

Miroku July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I have sciatica and I've been taking this medication (150 mg per day) for several weeks and have very few side effects except for blurred vision (close up, though my long distance vision is fine). Which is a challenge as my job requires quite a bit of computer work. I am wondering if this will last as long as I am on this medication."

Heldie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I've been suffering from 24/7 muscle pain (chronic upper body tension, spasms, muscle pain, headaches, etc.) everyday for 8 years. I started Lyrica 3 weeks ago at 50 mg 2x a day. Other than a little fuzzy fibro brain, which is not uncommon for me, I've had no major side effects at all. I bumped it up to 50 mg in the a.m. At the 2 week mark, I wasn't feeling much better, so I bumped the dose another 25 mg a day in the a.m. for a total of 75 mg a day. Oh my God ... I haven't felt this good in years!! it's been about a week now, and I don't want to jinx it, but, honestly, Lyrica is life-changing for me ... and I haven't gained a single pound!"

LooLoo22 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica almost 2 1/2 years. When I first started it I was really skinny so weight gain didn't bother me but now I have gained over 25 lbs which is not good at all. I am going to go back to Gabapentin which helped me get off morphine. My eyes are dry and blurry. I fart all the time and I am fat! I was off of it the beginning of the year and I was hurting but side affects are too much."

Kelly 2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica really has changed my life by allowing me to sleep at night without all the leg pain. Having both fibromyalgia and neuropathy is a lot of pain but combined with my other meds I no longer suffer from nerve pain."

Lonzo angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking lyrica 25mg 2 weeks ago. I was sleepy day 1, took nap. Next day 25mg felt well and energetic. I'm combining low dose which a massage every 2 weeks. I'm interested in what others have to say about long term use at a low dose."

Murr61 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "My mum has been taking Lyrica for around three years. It has been a huge problem! Drugs.com has a page on Lyrica's Side Effects yet it doesn't mention is that it can cause a stroke. My mum has had three mini strokes. It has given her dementia, incontinence, she can't walk properly etc. She has many of the side effects mentioned. The doctor is slowly taking her off Lyrica and she almost back to herself."

Poszike June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have more then just fibromyalgia. Major back surgery in 2007 a Lammectomy/Spinal Fusion with 2 Herninated Disc. I was good for a long time. About 2014 all my joints hurt, my ankles felt like a match stick. So for the Lyrica they are giving me 600 mg a day for Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica Neuralgia, Neuropathy, lower lumbar back pain ( which I feel does not work on my back) I'm 47 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I feel much less pain and able to get my day started a lot easier. I just hope it continues to help with the pain."

Bella Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "Been taking lyrica for 4 months now for carpel tunnel and neuropathy in hands and feet. It is no good. It has not stopped the pain at all, makes me so dizzy I am afraid to drive my car, legs swell like balloons, and have gained over 30 pounds in 3 months. A clinical research was recently done in Australia on lyrica (for Acute and Chronic Sciatica) and the findings stated it had the same effect as the research subjects getting placebos or sugar pills. The makers have racked in 3 billion dollars on it. I told my doc it isn't working but he still prescribes it to me, finding another doc this week. I just got a months supply, 90 pills 3 times a day, 150 mg at a cost of $1,111.19. Biggest drug ripoff in history."

mspighee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017