User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 39 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 408 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuropathic Pain "I'm only taking 50 mg at night for my leg sciatica pain and I feel dizzy at times. I'm also using Dr. Ho TENS machine on my lower back for 40 minutes to scramble the signal pain. I think both are helping right now. I was on a higher dose over 300mg a few years ago and my hands and feet swelled up and I gained 30 pounds I can't get rid of now even with water pills, so I had to stop med. I've had shingles right when I turned 50 before I could get the Shingles vaccine which I recommend to everyone as shingles is painful! I took only Lyrica 25mg two or three times a day to stop the shingles pain, A low dose due to side effects from a larger dose."

CHERBEARS1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Helped slow me down so much that I was ignoring the pain. I didnt care about anyone or anything . Made me constipated. Just stopped taking it a week ago and dont feel anything bad. Feel much better now that I am off"

Feelmuchbetter July 15, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Weight Gain as soon as I started taking Lyrica."

Rft3231 July 6, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The nerve pain became so unbearable that it forced me to take lyrica despite the bad reviews and long list of negative side effects. I was told by many that it worked a lot better that neurontin with less drastic negative effects. Well, it has eased my pain some, but the side effects have taken my life from me. I'm dizzy at times, my head is always foggy and not clear thinking, I have depression, anger outbursts I've never had before, daily nausea, and am so tired that I can sleep all day and night long and can barely function. Unfortunately the alternative medications have even worse negative side effects, so what are we supposed to do in order to have some normalcy?"

Anonymous June 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have nerve damage in my arms,'can't use them without fatigue. I have tried everything for the pain, nothing works well. Except for lyrica. I take 150mg twice a day and now the pain is so manageable that I get my life back. If you have really bad nerve pain that makes you feel depressed and debilitated give the medication a go! I have had a few side effects like memory fog but the pain relief is worth it!"

Zevii (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have had neuropathy for some time and tried a host of other medications before trying Lyrics. I was on it for slightly over 3 months with my dosage starting at 75 mg twice a day to 300 twice a day. Initially the pain was approximately 7-8 and the Lyrics got it to about a 5 routinely with some days worse. However I suffered from some of the side effects stated by it's manufacturer including dizziness, being off-balance at times, problems with sleep and concentration, and weight gain. (Approximately 20 pounds over 3 mos. and it's resulting effect on increasing my A1c.The) worst part was an increase in anger. After no subsiding of the side effects my Doctor suggested I cease using it. We are looking for alternatives."

James Robertson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica has done a great job on my Fibro pain, but I am trying to get off it primarily due to side effects. It has caused mymetabolism to slow down so I can't lose weight, chronic constipation, and terrible gas. I can't go around anymore farting everywhere I go. I'll live with the Fibro pain."

TMarie38 June 4, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Lyrica seems to help with the pain, but it also has an effect of making my hands shake"

coloradohobo May 31, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles in January 2014. I have had terrible PHN ever since. 2.5 years of pain. It has been awful!! Shingles is the worst pain I have ever experienced and it isn't going away. I tried everything out there from Gabapentin to acupuncture, to percocet, to injections in my back and nothing helped, or it would help for a few weeks, but the pain always managed to come back strong. I was wary of Lyrica because of the side effects, but I finally decided to try it. It has definitely helped me and I can do things like ride my bike again with little pain. However, I have put on 8 lbs in 6 months and I am an extremely active person, so this is tough for me. I also have pain in my joints and sometimes my hands go numb, but less pain."

Cyclist 54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've read many opinions on this site most being negative towards this amazing medication. I have suffered from a trapped nerve near my waistband ( hip) and nothing I took or did could stop the pain / burning / tingling numbness from my hip to my knee cap. I declined surgery to remove the nerve and was placed finally on lyrica. I hesitated for 2 months before finally giving in to the medication because of all the negative reviews you read online.First two days i was on lyrica I had a small headache and dry mouth that is about it. after a week the dry mouth went away and I was left virtually pain free within 2 weeks. DON'T read into everything and hesitate to take thismedication.I have not gained a single pound and im pain free. im on 3 x 50mg"

Matt from canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've had problems with my feet burning for several years. Every year it was worse than the year before. It got to the point that I couldn't stand anything on my feet. Lyrica helped a lot, with much less frequency and severity of burning. Finally some relief. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue because of side effects. I had almost all side effects listed in the info sheet. Most I could have tolerated, but the ones I couldn't was weight gain, confusion, and fast progressing blurred vision. Also, I had severe clinical depression over 18 years ago until I received the correct antidepressant. I've had no depression since. However, the Lyrica caused it to return, although not as severe. It also caused anger flareups, very unlike me."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I took lyrica for long standing neuropathic pain. I took it before bed and woke up the next day completely in a haze, dizzy , uncoordinated and could not function. It made my symptoms worse. The dose was 150 mg. I am just sharing my experience. Unfortunately it is not helpful for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 years ago. I stopped working a few years after due to the pain. I tried many medications so I could have some quality of life with my husband and 2 children. I spent most of my time in bed or on the couch because the pain was so debilitating. I was taking Ultram and Zanex but these just didn't take away the pain and then my doctor started me on Lyrica. I started feeling like a new person because slowly the pain started to decrease. The only side effect which could also be part of Fibromyalgia is with speech. I have trouble sometimes finding the words I want to say. I now take 75 mg 3 times per day and have been taking it for over 10 years. I'm so grateful to have my life back."

Catluver62-10 May 10, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I'm 48 yr. health female and I suffer from severe, chronic post shingles pain from my spine, around my hip, to my belly button, basically my entire left side. This is the worst experience of my life this nerve pain is tiring, depressing and just seems to not let up. Lyrica is helping to cut down on the amount of spams and excruciating pain but, I keep wondering, "when will it go away" and why don't they give the shingles injections like chicken pox to "prevent". Why do I have to wait to get this again someone where else or until I'm 50+ years old to prevent another bout of excruciating never pain."

Pain worse than labor (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Epilepsy "I was optimistic about this med, as I was feeling pretty good emotionally. Unfortunately it caused me to have six seizures in a day, which is rare for me. I tried Lyrica twice on two separate occasions, this being the second, but we didn't know it was causing it the first time. Ultimately, I had high hopes but it was a big disappointment. Actually, more than a disappointment, it was straight up dangerous. Disclaimer: I know this med helps a lot of people; this is just my personal experience."

Bango19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "suicidal thoughts, no pain relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Neuralgia "in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Works very well, the only draw back is weight gain."

Leeann628 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have tried neurontin, gabapentin, and a myriad of pain killers to mitigate my pain after multiple shin fractures. After a month of taking it my pain went from well above a 10 to a 7 - 8 which is far more manageable. The cost with my current insurance is 50 for a month supply which is not too bad. Worth the money for being able to lower my leg pain. The only symptom that I experience is a slight balance/dizzy feeling."

DHoff80 April 18, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Nerve pain after total knee replacement. The nerve pain is in toes, they feel very cold but when felt the are really warm. After a couple of weeks on lyrica I getting hive like itches mainly on arms"

Oiley April 12, 2016