User Reviews for Lyrica

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lyrica.

Neuralgia

Epilepsy
5.9

Summary of Lyrica reviews 6.5 534 reviews

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuralgia "85 year old put on gabapentin, then Lyrica for 2 years for chronic back and nerve pain. Developed almost every side effect. Tried to get off, but always had to take one 25mg a day. Financially..back to gabapentin. Better after 5 days, will try to come off from here. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and weigh the odds!"

Thelma L (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I have had fibro for 30 years. Been on many medications. Lyrica has ruined my life. I have been on it for 7 years and at first was a relief. But after so long I am having way too many side effects. My brain is dependent on it. I have been reducing for 10 months and have only dropped 32mg. I am extremely sensitive. I can only drop 1 to 2mg every 10 to 14 days. If I go to fast, I have horrible withdrawal symptoms. Please take this drug of the market!"

Taffi (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I took this for 2 days at the end of a benzo taper to help with hopefully a soft landing for stopping altogether. First night was ok and helped with sleep. 2nd day, I felt uncomfortably intoxicated. Vision was blurred, decreased motor coordination, could not find words. In hindsight, probably should not have driven to work, and I'm fortunate I had a project to work on away from others that day. Because I felt like a lunatic. Anyway, it took about 3 full days to return to baseline. Obviously, with all meds, your mileage may vary. This one wasn't/isn't for me."

KurtyWurty January 8, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I saw a pain specialist who put me on Lyrica, He stated definitely had chronic nerve pain/damage. Within a year my specialist had me on 625mg. I'm under 5ft and weigh 50kg. if I was late or missed taking them, chronic pain and excruciating pain in my head. I come off it and found out I was at high risks of seizures. It's taken me nearly a year to come down to a minimum, but it's effecting my brain function immensely. My hair is falling out, eyes sight deteriorating, nausea constantly, and memory loss, concentration, speech, negative thoughts, dark thoughts, couldn't go out or socialise. Verbal outbursts, aggression. I became a vegetable."

Piximum January 8, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I was prescribed pregablin to help with nerve pain from Degenerative Disk Disease/sciatica . Initially the drug worked really well however within a few weeks I became more tolerant and eventually they did nothing for my pain at all. By week 6 I was well and truly hooked on pregablin and became confused and depressed. Sleep deprivation added to my zombie induced state, I suffered paranoia and constantly down. Eventually after a failed suicide attempt I was given an immediate change of medication, the transformation was unbelievable and all previous side effects started to disappear instantly. The withdrawal symptoms from pregablin were horrific, I endured stomach cramps, severe diarrhoea, night sweats and weight loss, they lasted about 5 days."

Denverboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "Been on Lyrica plus Savella for about 7-8 years now, dose is 150mg 3 x day. While I get some relief of my Peripheral neuropathy (PN), Fibro, etc with Lyrica I've put on 50 lbs over that time, leg/feet swelling and can't seem to get it off not matter how little I eat, mostly water weight gain. After 7-8 years I have become physically tolerant of these meds, need a change, but nothing better out there that I have not tried with little success. Someday's between the pain and tiredness it has become difficult. Losing some memory too. Anyway we all need to make choices, take the meds and suffer with side effects or deal with the original pain, which in my case is degenerative."

pwrnapper1 January 1, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "So I have neuropathy due to CP I started lyrica about seven months ago in the beginning I was taking 150mg twice a day then I moved on to a 100mg three times a day because I felt a lag in the afternoon the only real side effect I got was some peripheral edem. I stuck with the dose and the side effects went away around end of month two. Now my doc just doubled my dose to 200mg three times a day no big deal I do find the increased dose helps with the pain a lot more. I would never discount someone’s experience with a medication - it’s just for me all is good no nightmares. So I report my experience with lyrica has been a pleasant one but I do feel for all of u who have had negative experiences with this drug"

Kaiser soze (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "The Pain Clinic (NHS) recommended Lyrica for my referred pain from three prolapsed discs (3,4 &5 or 4,5&6 I'm not sure). Anyway I had sciatica and a pain in my right testicle. Slowly building up the dose of Lyrica to 2 x 300 has completely removed these symptoms with no serious side effects. Recently the NHS switched Lyrica for generic pregabalin and after two months the pain in my right testicle has returned and is quite debilitating ( I am sure the half of you understand.) I have been allowed a month trial of Lyrica to see if it works. If it does I will have to convince the doctors to pay the extra."

Yorky Brit (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "I have tried Lyrica off and on for over 10 years. I have peripheral neuropathy and can safely say that Lyrica has not worked at all after trying it off and on several times.The maximum I have tried is 200mg 2x daily the last time I took it.The only thing I got out of Lyrica was a scrambled brain, my memory (short term )was terrible. FYI I tried gabapentin to no avail also."

Deke4fun December 17, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "I wad prescribed Lyrica after being newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am taking it before bed and do not feel any better!"

Wenzer (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "I have suffered from progressive neuropathy over the last 5 years to where it finally became intolerable, particularly in my feet and legs, and starting to spread to my arms and even my face. I now have a doctor who has prescribed Lyrica for me for the last 4 months. At a starting dose of 75mgs twice daily there was noticeable relief. Still hurting, however, my dosage was increased to 300 mgs twice daily which has successfully reduced the pain so that I am able to function at a higher level than I have experienced in years with minor side effects, the most annoying of which is sleepiness. I am grateful and relieved to have been introduced to Lyrica and to have insurance that will cover it as it is obscenely expensive."

JTL November 5, 2017

For Neuralgia "Taking pregablin for restless legs is great and works for me ....but I do have to keep a check on my weight because it cause weight gain"

Kirasaki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "I have spinal stenosis, my spine is cracked on both sides of my spine as well as a bulging disc pushing on the cracks, Fibromyalgia and some form of arthritis. Lyrica packed on the pounds, blurred vision, constantly tired , my body aches more when I take lyrica. I use cannibis oil CBD form it helps with inflammation , it sure helps considerably better with no side effects! The cbd form does NOT get you ‘stoned, high, or buzzed’ it removes the pain. I am extremely grateful for my Cannibis oil, the effects last longer then lyrica tooo! I can enjoy my grandkids again!"

GypsyLany (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Lyrica for many years. Many years before it became a controlled substance. I did go to Mexico to get it refilled just because it was cheaper. The last time I asked for a prescription my rheumatologist said he wouldn't refill it so I thought I would go to Mexico again. I never did because in the back of my mind I knew I should check this out first. I live in a small enough town that there is not a lot of rheumatologists. So I thought I would get a new doctor but there are only 2 other doctors, one is leaving this week and the other is 70 years old (I am 73) and that made me make another appointment with my current doctor. I need to talk to him first. I have been off of Lyrica for over a month am I going through withdrawl?"

crisdowr (taken for 10 years or more) October 19, 2017

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I got shingles on my scalp left side forehead and eye. I was in hospital for 5 days on an IV for both antivirus and antibiotics. The doctor had said that it was the worse shingles he had seen. After the scabs had gone I was Prescribed lyrica. I take 300mg at night and 25mg in the morning. It has been 5 weeks since I developed shingles and my face and scalp are still numb. I have intermittent pain shocks. I believe the lyrica is effective as I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't take it. I'm not sure how long I am suppose to take this but I imagine by other feedbacks that it could be months."

1st time shingles October 17, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "Lyrica does a fairly decent job reducing my spinal cord nerve pain. However, the literature and this website states that the medication should be discontinued over a week's time. I have to disagree strongly with that. I take a 300mg daily dose and tried to discontinue the medication slowly. After 2 mos I was down to 100mg every other day and ended back on my full 300mg dose as the side effects were too much. I had constant nausea and vomiting, lost over 30lbs and was unable to consume any cold liquids. Additionally, I suffered from fatigue so badly I didn't want to get out of bed or participate in any activities."

Britone40 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "My doctor just put me on Lyrica 25 mg tablet twice a day. The first day I took one dose around lunch the other before bedtime and got sleepy in the day. Anyway I emailed doctor he said only take the one at nite but I decided to take both at nite and feel great! I have suffered for years with fibromyalgia and cymbalta was not working for the fibromyalgia but I also take cymbalta for depression so still on that added the Lyrica and feel that the great pain is so much less, my knees and ankle pain, burning sensation all down, and finally get a good sleep without all the leg pain. I am thankful for this drug and finally can get my life back on track and finally see light at the end of my long tunnel of dealing with this horrible condition."

mauichan247 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "This one of the worst medication ever. It does not help, I end up in tears I am hurting so bad. I drop things, don't even notice, can't open things like I used too. The pain is unbearable, I just think this is a rubbish medication."

Chancy1985 October 9, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "great treatment"

Nanron (taken for 10 years or more) October 7, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "I was prescribed Lyrica for post shoulder surgery with continuing nerve pain radiating down the arm. Lyrica caused me to gain 20lb, slurred speech, blurred vision. I had edema in my ankles too. Since I would only take it two times a day, I would have rebound nerve pain that encourage me to take more Lyrica. After my Dr advised me about the weight gain, I decided to take myself off of it. It took 10 days to withdrawal from the drug but I'm glad I did. I'm a clinical Pharmacist and advised all on Lyrica to be AWARE of all the adverse effects of this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2017

For Neuralgia "I have been on Lyrica for only a bit over a week. Small doses were recommended; 25 mg, twice a day. I found this not to work, so I tried 50 mg at night, with some success. Increasing the dosage to 75 mg at night, resulted in the first time in a long while I can say I felt no pain. I feel a little listless, but I hope this will resolve itself. I find taking Magnesium Malate in the morning to energize me. For potential bloating I am taking B6, and monitoring my weight preparing to adapt my eating habits, and increase my physical activity with Yoga."

Amnoz (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "This drug in combination with another pharmaceutical products took the pain away which I was getting from an L3/4 - L4/5 disc protrusion. The pain was horrific which made me collapse twice and taken to hospital via ambulance. However I am now dealing with the side effects of the drug, which going by the list I have probably 25-30% of these. I have in the last few days finally got to not taking this drug at all and am coping on over the counter pain relief. But I am still experiencing major dizziness, coordination and confusion. This is majorly impacting my day to day life and stopping me from walking my dogs just a very short distance and even holding a conversation. Not happy with the side effect."

DMAD September 10, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "Gabapentin caused severe hair loss. Now on Lyrica. Pain (trigeminal neuralgia) is not constant but unrelieved. Had surgery and radiation. Lyrica causes me to walk strange, tremor in legs and fingers, blurred near vision. Not sure if I should continue. Will see what Dr says on Tuesday."

Blitty (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "works great for numbness pain in feet"

Pepi 1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2017

For Neuropathic Pain "Started having horrific leg stabbing pain, feet numbness and tingling not a pins and needle pain and freezing cold hands and feet! My doctor sent me to neurologist he thought maybe MS! 2 hours of different testing and found that when I stand with eyes closed I guess I sway really bad! EMG came back Peripheral Neuropathy Idiopathic! I'M NOT DIABETIC! PAIN SPECIALIST started me on Lyrica back in 2011 June and I LOVE it! I can walk now without crying! I also have tried tons on pain pills and favorites are Roxidone 15mg take as needed and I Fentynal patches and Norco 10s when needed but after years of trying everything from Morphin, Methadone,Cymbalta, klonopin,ect ect LYRICA is the winner! Only take that 1 pain pills in am now, use to take 5"

CCBEAR August 24, 2017