User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy
5.9

Summary of Lyrica reviews 6.7 593 reviews

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuropathic Pain "I suffer with chronic pain because of injuries and both types of arthritis then about a year ago I got a tingling sensation in the soles of my feet they swell to the point I have cankells and I am walking on fluid. When I took the weight off my feet & lay down to sleep it felt like someone lit a fire on the soles of feet needless to say I didn't sleep too well because I had 2 stand to get rid of the pain, I only slept 1 out of every 3 nights and I have sleep apnea when I do try & sleep. To be fair for my skeletal pain I live on up to 40mg of oxycontin and 20 to 40mg of targin every day, I hope my knee ×2 and hip replacement are soon so I can get off this rubbish. Since I have been taking Lyrica I am now sleeping 2 out of 3 nights so I'm rapt. Only been on them a couple o weeks, I'm already a 122.8kg so I hope I don't put on any weight. Leon Melbourne Australia Oh here in Oz this medication is on our PBS and only costs $5.40 for 56 tabs. Feel sorry for u lot over seas. Peace&Love"

Leon July 15, 2018

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I first had shingles for about 2 weeks with extreme pain. The doctor prescribed Lyrica and has worked fantastic for me and my postherpetic neuralgia for past 10 months. Not sure if it will ever go away and if I can be on Lyrica forever. I take 3 - 50 mgs of Lyrica per day."

Zigvalda (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "Doc prescribed this Medication for my tingling in the toe's, works very well, only taken @night , Happy .!"

Robbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I was amazed at the pain relief I received after trying so many pain meds. But I gained 30 pounds in two months, constantly craving sugar. I’d be up in the night ravaging for anything to fill the needed. I started to stock up one certain drawer with candy of all sorts. I was so very sad to stop taking it - it was the first med to conquer my pain. Next was Cymbalta which helps to the same degree without uncontrollable cravings or notable side effects."

Cindymom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I had severe burning and pain in my feet and ankles. After taking 50mg twice a day the pain and burning decreased greatly. No I take it anymore due to the price it costs me $15.50 a pill. Which I can't afford . My insurance took out 1300 for 180 pills out ofmy prescription cap. If I ordered anymore I would go into the donut hole. I NEED HELP PAYING FOR THIS PILL THAT I CAN'T AFFORD. I NEED SOMETHING THAT WORKS???"

Duke (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I’m an example of Lyrica being a great help with minimal downside. I’m 67 and have been taking Lyrica at least 10 years, 75mg twice a day. Our friends at Pfizer are reaping a fortune by delaying the sale of the FDA approved generic. As I have had had neuropathic pain for decades and Lyrica is a monopoly, I want to puke every night when the commercial comes on. The drug works well, after two back surgeries, it takes away enough discomfort to make me pay the price."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

For Neuralgia "I was on Lyrica and it seemed to help a bit at first. Then I started to get so many horrible side effects; but stayed on because I was told that they would go away soon. They didn’t. I wasn’t depressed before starting this drug; but I was after being on it for awhile. I was a size 5 when I started taking Lyrica and I ended up being a size 13. Needless to say I was miserable. I am finally tapered off this drug."

cindy-59 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 27, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "Got my life back. I used to feel like I was getting stabbed all over and took ages to get up and walk . Due to this medication I've been able to move and execise and gradually build up my strength again. Downside is brain fog, but I had that already so hey ho. The first few weeks were bad and I felt drunk but glad I got through that and been getting better gradually"

Lif (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I began talking lyrica in small doses and told my doctor it wasn't working. Dr lowered dose and the nerve pain was excruciating. I went back to my regular dose twice a day however I still had the pain in my feet. Once they increased dose to 3 times a day the pain in my feet completely went away. I gained weight but since it stops the pain I will take it gladly. As for the memory loss I just give people I'm taking to the disclaimer "I'm medicated""

CEO Cee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "At 62 I consider myself in excellent health . 9 months ago my right leg completely cramped while walking. Diagnoses after MRI, spinal stenosis, herniated disk between L4-L5 pressing on the nerve. Presently on Lyrica 125mg morning and night. This drug only controls the pain only a portion of the time. It is wearing off a couple of hrs before the next dose is due. Have experienced a weight gain of 12-15lb, (there is no being full sensation ) insomnia, dry mouth, losing my voice after talking 2-3min, involuntary hand & finger twitch, headaches, depression, a few strange dreams, and trouble concentrating. I still have a constant pain down my lower leg and occasional hip pain and a tingling big toe. Presently on my 2nd round of cortisone epidural injections. Walking more than 400 ft. with support is agony. Do I recommend Lyrica? Yes. Everyone's reaction to this medication is going to be different. For myself, the benefits although not as great as expected, outweigh the side effects."

Graywolf101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "This is the worst medicine for your body. First of all I had an ablation for my heart 8 years ago and I haven't had atrial fibrillation (A fib) since then. My pain management Dr put me on Lyrica I was taken three 50 mg tabs a day. Well two weeks into the medication I felt my heart racing I contacted the DR and told me it wasn't from Lyrica. I was monitoring my heart and I had proved him wrong - Lyrica will definitely raise your heart rate no doubt about it. I have been off it now for a week and guess what my heart is back to normal rhythm so the Dr was proven wrong. Stay away from this atrial fibrillation inducing medicine."

mikeyd60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I just started Lyrica on Monday. I had no pain on Monday and Tuesday nights so I was able to sleep better. Since I sit in a desk chair most of the day at home, my feet are on the ground most of the day and I don't have any pain or very little, but when I go to bed at night and raise my legs/feet, the pain would become quite bothersome, but now at least the last 2 nights have been much better."

wvrnsson (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been taking Lyrica 75 mg for over 2 years for Diabetic Nueropathy in my feet and it seems like it gets worse when I take it. I have not taken it for the past 4 days and my feet feel great. I still have a little bit of numbness but they don't hurt like when I take the Lyrica. I've told my Dr that it was not working but continues to prescribe it. I may be looking for a new Dr for my neuropathy."

Babygirl1967 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I have only taken Lyrica for 5 days now. Didn't notice anything at all until today. I was sitting at my desk working and I started feeling sleepy but didn't fall asleep. I would just stare at the computer. While doing so I notice I could not remember how to do my job. I literally sat there for 40 minutes look at one project and could not figure out what to do. Upon standing I felt off balance and my head felt clouded. While speaking to my boss I couldn't seem to find the right word to say. I went home and went right to sleep. Sleep like a baby for 2 solid hr. When I awoke I felt groggy with a little of the cloudy head feeling. The memory loss is what scared me the most. No matter what I did I could not figure out what to do. I only read one other post about the memory loss. This must not be a common side effect. I did take Gabapentin one time and it had a similar effect."

Dazed (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I found out that Lyrics works for me. Once you get over the side effects at the start. It really helps with my leg pain. Worth a try!"

txdap May 27, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I took Lyrica for almost a month, and it seemed to help my nerve pain from a disintergrated disk disease that I have, but I noticed that I was having memories of things that I knew for a fact never happened. I couldn't think of my words when trying to speak, and my words would come out- out of order. This medicine really messed with my brain. Weaned myself off fast. Dr said he had never heard of this side effect."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "Well @ 45 yrs old and having a very profitable Restaurant & Tavern, I was diagnosed with Peripheral Artery Disease (P.A.D) If you don't know what it is - very simple your arteries are filling w/plaque and shutting down blood flow usually to lower extremities. Lost my left leg 2 yrs ago and been taking Lyrica 150mg 3x's a day. I don't experience neuropathy like I was. There were times I would scream as the pain was intolerable. I also take Cymbalta they work together for Depression, that and anxiety. I had never thought of myself as depressed or let alone take meds for it but I do now. Trying to keep my right leg has had a major effect on my health, outlook on life and just wanting to see my 1st grandchild hit kindergarten. My grandchile was born 7/11/17 and I missed that too. So overall with Lyrica I have had an excellent experience. Insurance paid all but $5.00."

Christine (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been taking Lyrica for five years. I have a problem with three collapsed disks on my back (lumbar disks). I almost stopped working, Pain was terrific. After this period I am at about 95% recovered and only with 50mg a day, Very important to engage in physical recovery like Pilates or Yoga. Don't start with very high doses. My maximal dose was 100mg a day. It's a miracle medicine because it also helps and stops your mind from being so obsessed about the pain."

Antonio (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2018

For Neuralgia "great"

jonesey (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Neuralgia "After one month I had severe withdrawal side effects and really bad thought. Avoid like the plague if you can"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "Just started lyrica yesterday for my bad Fibromyalgia. I feel fine, except I feel "wired".. tons of energy. I still hurt of course but have to be careful not to over-do it moving around! Will see how I feel after being on it a week... but so far so good!"

Denise_M (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain "Lyrica is very effective for the radiculopathy (nerve pain that radiates into the lower extremities) I suffer as a result of multiple back issues. The key to minimizing side effects is to start on the lowest dose possible. I've noticed many doctors start at the max or even higher, even if you're new to the medicine. This is why so many people have so many side effects. I have few if any side effects and it's the only thing that works for my leg pain. I could barely sit without it, the pain was unbelievable. Now it's manageable. If this medicine is something you and your doctor are considering, ask to start at the lowest dose and only increase it if you're not getting relief. Many of the posters I see here with severe side effects are on 300-600mg a day when the max recommended dose is 300mg a day. Of course I don't blame patients for not knowing this. They should be able to trust their doctor. This medication can be so very helpful if used and prescribed correctly."

RNinpain (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "It is very helpful, but does wear off and I am also gaining weight on it. Before taking Lyrica I took gabapentin, which I gained a lot of weight on."

Jac (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I'm newly diabetic, (was diagnosed Jan. 2018, but who knows how long I've had it), and was experiencing pain in my feet. My doctor, who already has me on 100 mcg/h patch Fentanyl, 4mg Dilaudid every 4 hrs, and 10mg diazepam 4xday for chronic pain from a MVA 34 years ago where my whole upper torso was crushed, and many other medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, insomnia and other ailments. Since I've been on Lyrica for almost a month now, I'm finding that it's not only helping my foot pain, but also my back pain which the narcotic medications only helped some. I'm glad I was put on it as it has increased my mobility!"

Saskatoonian (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I have found in doses that were too high I had really depressive thoughts and extreme emotions, shaking, difficulty sleeping . Then when coming off of the medication cold due to the expensive price without insurance. I found difficulties sleeping, emotional extremes, very depressed. Not being on the medication I was in unbearable pain. This medication should be gradually increased after the withdrawal phase of about 1 week it should be taken as prescribed you should not miss doses or take too much of the medicine. I would recommend this medication to responsible adults that consult any and all issues to their prescriber. I found a $25 coupon online that I used at CVS pharmacy"

T S April 27, 2018