User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 39 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 426 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuropathic Pain "Had operation on back lower back pain continually lyrica has made a difference the only side effect is all dizziness"

Lt7344 September 24, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Going to have to decrease dosage (50mg 2x daily) or quit Lyrica due to loss of memory & confusion & jerking. Once could top out any IQ tests but my husband says I can't even find my "behind" anymore. Taking it for neuropathy & came home from complete knee surgery with foot drop in leg operated on. Now the other foot has dropped half way so I am all but an invalid. No more going outside for me to enjoy our horses on our farm. The dry mouth I got with Lyrica also frightens me as afraid I will lose my teeth as others have. Lyrica also causes severe sleepiness. I guess it MIGHT have stopped the shooting pains in my feet at night?"

Poniwoman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Works well for my nerve pain!"

milkshake78 September 20, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I started with the trial way back in 05/06 and what a difference it made in my life. I lived with that muscle pain for 45 years and tried numerous medications with no lasting relief. When I seen the ad for the trial with a Dr I had nothing to lose but 9 different kinds of drugs and their side affects. Although I was at the top of the dosage after 18 months I was pain free for the first time in over ten years with no side affects. Even though we have added low dosage pain medications back in over the years, mainly during the winter, I'm still at a tolerable level with Lyrica. I have recommended this medication to people with explainable nerve pain many times."

Jnebg1 (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2016

For Neuralgia "I take 300mg Lyrica once per day b4 bedtime..along with 1000 mg aceteminophen (Panadol/Tylenol) 3 times daily for trigeminal neuralgia..it is a godsend..i love this regimen..works wonders for my severe facial pain..the side effects i will take gladly for my pain relief..side effects include unsteady gait which subsides once my body gets accustomed to the dosage n lowered libido which returns within a day or two of not taking this regimen..otherwise i love Lyrica."

MoreFyah (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica is great at taking away my pain due to fibromyalgia. However, the side effects from the medication and from detoxing are not worth it! I am 25 and took Lyrica for at least 6 years. I experienced severe brain fog, difficulty breathing, cognitive difficulties n others while on this medication. I thought they were all due to my conditions, but after truly reflecting on my journey Lyrica surely hurt me more than it helped me. I have been off of the medication for about 3 weeks now. I did some research and learned that my detox period would be both difficult and long because 1, I took the medication for several years, I took a high dosage andi stopped the medicatiod cold turkey. It's getting easier for sure. The creator on my side!"

Mekelani (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 1, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Day 1, Neuropathy specialist at Cornell hospital NY , came home with Lyrica. by end of the day I could see some changes on my pain. Day 2, Pain was gone but I was very sleepy not able to concentrate. Day 3, slept all day could not keep my balance and my dreams was almost real. Day 4, very sleepy and unresponsive, it was so bad that I could not feel my low blood sugar until all my body was shaking and I needed help to take sugar. Day 5, STOP taking the dame thing. Day 6, Pick up the phone, called my doctor and used every word I have learned in English on him and those scientist, who came up with this IDEA. Instead of spending their time and knowledge to fin cure for diabetes, they just look for accommodating, Just to make MONEY."

Cia Pak (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I will start off by saying it did cause weight gain. My clothes fit the same but the number on the scale went up about 7-10 pounds depending on the day. I cannot say this is solely because the drug- I think I can safely say that this is because my pain has improved so drastically that I have appetite again. I can keep the weight off if I really want to, but I am not overweight and I am content with my appetite finally being back after years of struggles that I don't think it's a problem. Regardless, I have been on lyrica for almost a year now. It has drastically improved my nerve pain, joint stiffness and swelling (along with a gallon of water a day), appetite, energy, and sleep. I am not pain free but no fibromyalgia patient truly ever is pain free but my pain has gone from an average of 8-9 down to a 4-5 on my good days. My flare ups are far less frequent and I only experience them once every two or so months which is a huge improvement over every other week. The length of the flare ups is also shortened from 3-5 days down to 2 days maximum. At the beginning of taking the medicine I was slightly drowsy but nothing dangerous. I only take it once a day and I am trying to keep it that way to avoid moving up to 2 doses a day. Lyrica is my miracle drug and has definitely given me my life back. My biggest complaint is the cost and insurance but it could be worse. It costs me $2 a day to feel normal again."

lauren165 August 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "i have been on lyrica for just over two weeks now.i have pain and pins and needles down my left side.i think it has helped marginally.i have not gained weight or suffered from sleepnesses"

mickspain60 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Awful drug , mess you mind up. Pain or sanity you choose"

Jimbobp11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have herpes zoster and my Dr prescribes Lyrica, for the nerve endings. I took the capsules 1 day (2days ago) and after I woke up the next morning, I was completely disorientated, neuasious and vomiting, sleepy, drowsy, forgetful, having uncontrallable shakes in hands and fingers. I thought it will get better soon if I do not take it again. My husband took me to work where I slept the whole time. I had dry nose and mouth, couldnt eat or drink, muscle stiffness drunk feeling, and walking abnormal. I stopped taking it and feeling today better. Could have a shake for breakfast."

JC van Straten (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year. My old doctor prescribed me Cymbalta and it didn't work. I was off from work for 2 months because of the pain. All I did was layed in bed suffering. Seemed like I would never have my normal life back. I went to another doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica it lessened the pain within a day or two. Now I have some of my life back. I still have a little pain but Lyrica has helped me and changed my life."

Litalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica was my miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 5 years and have tried everything. Anti depressants, exercise, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica. But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, blurry vision, bad judgement which causes accidents to my fingers and toes I have recently had difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. She said stop daytime and only take at bedtime. every other night till I ween off. My quality of life has worsened. I have started Chondroiden, MSM powder and ALpha Lipoid"

ccrichwine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I had a Triple Arthrodesis (triple fusion in my foot), and because so many nerves had to be cut, my foot was on fire. I was originally given Nuerotin, which I took, and it bottomed out my blood pressure, I was rushed to the ER unconscious, and kept there until I was okay. Needless to say, I discontinued it, and was given Lyrica....but that made me nervous as well. With my pain over a 10, and the inability to sleep, I decided to try it. I slept well, my pain is decreased some, but isn't gone. I'm only at day 3, and I'm pretty dizzy, sick to my stomach, and sleepy, but that's all so far. I do hope it helps my pain a little more, it's about an 8 now, so we shall see! I'm glad to hear some good stories."

Chele1981 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have nerve pain in both legs due to nerve toxicity caused by levoflox two months ago which makes my life miserable and gave me unparalled stress and insomnia. I took 75 mg lyrica twice a day and this reduced my pain almost completely. However due to several side effects I am afraid to continue taking it but I don't have a choice coz the other medicines too have as terrible side effects. Its so discouraging that so far science has not been able to find a cure. By treating a particular health problem the side effects are bringing other bothersome problems too"

dhany August 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago. Tried gabapentin, Cymbalta, muscle relaxers and opiates. Doc finally had me gave me lyrica (after I had to try everything else first) ams at first, it worked. I did feel "high" but that slowly went away. After approx. 2 weeks of 75mg a day, I had horrible side effects..feeling depressed, like people were talking about me or didnt like me, had no memory or wasn't able to concentrate but what finally got me to stop was I had thoughts of driving my car off of a hill that i drive down daily. I may suffer from pain so intensely that I cry all the time, can't leave my home at times or feel blue because of it, but I had never thought of taking my own life. I stopped immediately despite my docs orders."

Anonymous July 29, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I took Lyrica for 8-9 months, then around the 5th month unknowingly it was Lyrica doing all kinds of bodily function damage, feeling unwell, swelling, cramping, kidneys, liver and bladder hurt. Then I realized I no longer want to be poisoned, so I stop taking it and it is hellish trying to get off. Wouldn't let my dog take it! Stay away from it! It's pure poison to your body and BRAIN as well. Very low functioning! It needs to be taken off the market!"

Poisonmed July 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "My heart goes out to anyone who has the kind of pain that necessitates taking this drug and if it has helped you I am glad to hear that. It did nothing for me except give me insomnia, make me forgetful, and increase my neuropathy pain and burning. I already have difficulty sleeping because of neuropathy and L5 compression agony. This pill made it worse. I took 50 mg at bedtime for about a week. The doctor said it takes a while to get into the system. I'm not waiting that long. It's not working, I don't like it, and I don't trust it."

Outside (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I'm only taking 50 mg at night for my leg sciatica pain and I feel dizzy at times. I'm also using Dr. Ho TENS machine on my lower back for 40 minutes to scramble the signal pain. I think both are helping right now. I was on a higher dose over 300mg a few years ago and my hands and feet swelled up and I gained 30 pounds I can't get rid of now even with water pills, so I had to stop med. I've had shingles right when I turned 50 before I could get the Shingles vaccine which I recommend to everyone as shingles is painful! I took only Lyrica 25mg two or three times a day to stop the shingles pain, A low dose due to side effects from a larger dose."

CHERBEARS1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Helped slow me down so much that I was ignoring the pain. I didnt care about anyone or anything . Made me constipated. Just stopped taking it a week ago and dont feel anything bad. Feel much better now that I am off"

Feelmuchbetter July 15, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Weight Gain as soon as I started taking Lyrica."

Rft3231 July 6, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The nerve pain became so unbearable that it forced me to take lyrica despite the bad reviews and long list of negative side effects. I was told by many that it worked a lot better that neurontin with less drastic negative effects. Well, it has eased my pain some, but the side effects have taken my life from me. I'm dizzy at times, my head is always foggy and not clear thinking, I have depression, anger outbursts I've never had before, daily nausea, and am so tired that I can sleep all day and night long and can barely function. Unfortunately the alternative medications have even worse negative side effects, so what are we supposed to do in order to have some normalcy?"

Anonymous June 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have nerve damage in my arms,'can't use them without fatigue. I have tried everything for the pain, nothing works well. Except for lyrica. I take 150mg twice a day and now the pain is so manageable that I get my life back. If you have really bad nerve pain that makes you feel depressed and debilitated give the medication a go! I have had a few side effects like memory fog but the pain relief is worth it!"

Zevii (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016