User Reviews for Capsaicin topical

Also known as: Zostrix, Icy Hot PM Patch, Qutenza, RT Capsin, Trixaicin, Capzasin, Pain Doctor, Capzasin Back and Body, Capzasin-HP, Sloan's Liniment, Theragen HP, Dolorac, Capzasin-P, GNP Capsaicin, Salonpas Gel-Patch, Axsain, Drs Cream, Capsagel Extra Strength, Capsagel Maximum Strength, Zostrix-HP, Trixaicin HP, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capsin, Menthac Arthritis Cream with Capsaicin, Salonpas Pain Patch with Capsaicin, Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Capsicum Oleoresin, Zostrix Sports, Castiva Warming, No Pain-HP, Pain-X, R-Gel, Zostrix Neuropathy, Zostrix Foot Pain, Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain …show all brand names

Osteoarthritis

5.2

Summary of Capsaicin reviews 5.6 81 reviews

Reviews for Capsaicin

Trace · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2019

For Pain: "I’ve been using zostrix hp 75 percent for a year on my lower back. At first I thought I was on fire but persisted with it as my back was killing me. I put a tiny dot of cream on twice a day and now no burning at all and back pain gone."

ck July 20, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "This caused unbelievably horrible burning feeling on skin. I threw away after using it only one time . Do not buy if you have sensitive skin"

Kaye July 17, 2019

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Pain: "My Dr recommend this and said he uses it himself Well I bought the product and applied it at 7:00 a.m. and now it's been 15 hrs later and my back is literally on fire I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this product I've tried cold shower Ice , anything cold and yet I'm on fire"

LU July 10, 2019

Qutenza (capsaicin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: "Although I was informed about this treatment and how your body might react to it. My case spiralled out of hands. It was applied to the thorax-wand. Of course different patients react differently. The medics had to call a team to manage my situation. The pain was so much that without a shred of doubt words simply can not explain. The options to help me out was Fentanyl or Anaesthesia to help me cope with the situation. Two days since the happening, I still literally ask my attendees if it was a dream."

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

Capzasin (capsaicin) for Pain: "I applied to my neck for pain. It did get rid of the neck pain but I think that’s because the burning feeling of the medication masked the pain. I felt like my neck was severely sun burned. I was camping and the burning started when I went outside in the Texas heat. It felt fine inside. Wash your hands. I got some on my nose and eye when I rubbed it. That was pretty bad."

SPARKS · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "The product works very well for me. I applied it to my feet, rubbed it into the skin and I can sleep without pain most of the night. However, after reading the side effects, I have noticed an insignificant tightning in my chest...small but noticeable skeletal type discomfort, almost like you had been working out and got tight from exercise. Ill review with my doctor, but it works and I use it as needed"

Prince May 14, 2019

For Pain: "I am currently in the worst pain ever not from my knee pain but from this capsaicin - the burning sensation. I don’t care what you say this stuff hurts and burns I washed and washed and ice doesn’t work - nothing works I honestly rather deal with bad knees before I ever put this on again How the heck is they selling this stuff"

Se May 8, 2019

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Doctor prescribed for post shingles pain, put cream on my rash and thought I was dying. My skin burned so bad, turned red for hours and I washed it off almost immediately. Pain was way worse after putting on the cream than before, would not recommend."

scat · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2019

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "This product should be not just banned but blacklisted!!!..burning sensation to arm which was difficult to minimise and even after showering it still stung!!!...definitely not a great option...."

mimi · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2019

Sloan's Liniment (capsaicin) for Osteoarthritis: "We purchased this product in Spain. Where can I purchase it in the UK. After suffering pain in my hands and knees it is good to find something that gives relief. I have spent a lot on ointments to no avail until I used Sloan cream which is produced in Tenerife."

Sunshine · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Pain: "I used Capzasin hp creme on my ankle and knee after a hard days work. This creme has me on fire, and there is no relief. I tried washing it off, and it only made it worse. I have redness, swelling and feel like my skin is on fire! And there is no relief! I do not recommend anyone to use this creme. It only causes more pain!"

CaseyPY · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2018

For Pain: "I have RA and used the roll on applicator around my thumb joint . Apparently some of it spread onto my palm. IT HAS BEEN 27 HOURS since I applied it and the pain has gotten WORSE. I CAN'T SLEEP.....and I HATE PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN CAPS, but that’s exactly HOW ANNOYED I AM. I’ve tried vinegar, milk, oils, Ice. For goodness sake, warn people."

Peg September 8, 2018

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I have had shingles for the past month. I read that Capzasin HP would help the pain after the shingles were healed. Last night I put it on my body from the front, side and back. Instantly it started to burn but I thought the pain would go away in a few minutes. However, the pain intensified and within ten minutes I couldn't tolerate the painfulness of the Capzasin HP on my skin. The whole area was swollen and a bright red rash had developed. I got in the shower and repeatedly wash the whole area with soap and lukewarm water. Then I applied a cold compress to the areas and received some relief. When I went to bed, it felt like I had a heating pad under me. I would not recommend Capzasin HP to anyone with shingles."

Anon July 31, 2018

For Pain: "I had a fracture of 10th vertebrae and had great sensitivity to anything touching my back in that area. My bra band caused particular pain. Because of this location, my husband applied Axain to my back, washing his hands well after doing this."

Bobby N · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed this as cannot take anti inflammatories due to heart condition, yes it burns but the relief it gives is unbelievable ! I was warned by the Doc that it contained some sort of chilli so not to apply without rubber gloves and to avoid any contact with eyes mouth etc, it works for me anyway !"

white witch · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2018

Qutenza (capsaicin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: "Qutenza really does work. I did have very intense burning for 15mins for four days. You should never shower, touch the area with water for 48 hrs. The pain can be mind blowing but it does subside and a cool fan helps. Don't let your pets near the area as it will burn them. I have had multiple qutenza and it isn't 3 months before it works. It works straight away it lasts up to 3 months plus. don't apply yourselves use a health professional as it does burn"

Skizzles April 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had problems with a knee that I injured whilst in the Navy 30 some years ago. For about 7 years, I have had to walk carefully as my knee would give out and I would sometimes, even fall. My knee was almost always grossly swollen. Since using this cream, (4 times daily) my knee is still swollen slightly, but I can now walk anywhere and not worry about falling. My knee has not "given out" in close to a year. I have been walking loads and due to this new lease on life, I feel great. I, personally have had no issue due to burning sensation with this cream but, I would suggest that you test a small area first. As a disclaimer, there has been one other change in my life and that is diet. My family and I have been eating super hot foods (mainly Thai influenced) for the last year as well. So I tend to get loads of Capsaicin from my diet as well. With that being said, I stand behind Zacin one hundred percent."

ily38 · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have a bad knee that has been burning for a couple of days. I decided to try this and woke up 2 hours later, with a burning sensation. This sensation was so bad, I had to wake up, and try and wash that area. Even after washing the area, the burning sensation continued. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Catherine M. March 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Put THIS on and oh my goodness it burned my skin. I tried to wash it off and it burned worse... I kid you not! Nine hours AFTER I had applied it I was laying in bed on my Husband's shoulder and where my elbow was JUST touching my Husband made his skin begin to burn... Nine hours LATER!!! Sheesh! BRUTAL!!!"

Bon · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Pain: "Three separate people with different pains and causes all experienced terrible burning sensations. We honestly felt like our flesh and muscles were being cooked, roasted, prepared for a cannabalistic feast for unknown guests. I cannot recommend this for anyone, for any reason. There is no remedy to getting it off your skin; water reactivates it. I cannot understand why this is available. "First do no harm" should be revisited."

Mark C. · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Pain: "The minor relief of shoulder joint pain that I had was more than offset by the burning of my skin. Water on my skin of any temperature felt like scalding water. Both my wife and sister-in-law experienced the same issues. Could not get it off fast enough. Dabbing it with rubbing alcohol seems to do a good job of getting it off your skin for nearly immediate relief. Not sure how they can continue to sell this."

Sarah S · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

Zostrix (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I had severe diabetic neuropathy that even 600 mg of gabapentin couldn't touch. I tried this cream once, had no burning side affects at all, just a slight warm sensation. It worked so well that I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in months. I now use it 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable results for me. I swear by this stuff. I went from not being able to have any blankets or breezes on my feet to sleeping with however many blankets and fans I want!"

Mikey111 · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2018

For Pain: "I like it, it burns but that is nothing compared to back pain, which can be crippling. It does not stop pain I found, it's just nice to have my brain focus on something else as well as back pain. Pain from this cream is like sunburn, and I recommend not wearing tight clothing over the area as it seems to sweat and get hotter, unless it's just me who gets that."

Andres R · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2018

Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula (capsaicin) for Pain: "My left knee was hurting due to maybe over exercise it, so I decided to apply this. Pain in my knee gone away almost instantly, but got replaced with a really hard burning sensation. Must say I have a very high pain threshold, but this cream was too much. The burning feeling is awful. I couldn't sleep at all. I already have washed the area several times, but still burns. I think for a very heavy pain, this could do the trick, but if your pain is not that heavy, doesn't worth to replace a pain sensation with a bad burn sensation."

EUGENE · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Have arthritis in both feet and applied capsaicin cream this morning, my feet are now worse than ever, I appreciate burning sensation due to application but it's like someone had a blowtorch on my feet, I'm afraid I'd rather suffer the pain of arthritis than use this product. I'm in more pain now with burning, sorry but not for me, my feet are on fire so how does that substitute arthritic pain, NOT GOOD PAIN KILLER MORE OF A PAIN MAKER"