User Reviews for Capsaicin topical

Also known as: Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Axsain, Capsagel Extra Strength, Capsagel Maximum Strength, Capsicum Oleoresin, Capsin, Capzasin, Capzasin Back and Body, Capzasin-HP, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capzasin-P, Castiva Warming, Dolorac, Drs Cream, GNP Capsaicin, Icy Hot PM Patch, Menthac Arthritis Cream with Capsaicin, No Pain-HP, Pain Doctor, Pain-X, Qutenza, R-Gel, RT Capsin, Salonpas Gel-Patch, Salonpas Pain Patch with Capsaicin, Sloan's Liniment, Theragen HP, Trixaicin, Trixaicin HP, Zostrix, Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain, Zostrix Foot Pain, Zostrix Neuropathy, Zostrix Sports, Zostrix-HP …show all brand names

Peripheral Neuropathy

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
4.6

Summary of Capsaicin reviews 5.8 71 reviews

Reviews for Capsaicin

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Pain: "I used Capzasin hp creme on my ankle and knee after a hard days work. This creme has me on fire, and there is no relief. I tried washing it off, and it only made it worse. I have redness, swelling and feel like my skin is on fire! And there is no relief! I do not recommend anyone to use this creme. It only causes more pain!"

Sunshine (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Pain: "I have RA and used the roll on applicator around my thumb joint . Apparently some of it spread onto my palm. IT HAS BEEN 27 HOURS since I applied it and the pain has gotten WORSE. I CAN'T SLEEP.....and I HATE PEOPLE WHO WRITE IN CAPS, but that’s exactly HOW ANNOYED I AM. I’ve tried vinegar, milk, oils, Ice. For goodness sake, warn people."

CaseyPY (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I have had shingles for the past month. I read that Capzasin HP would help the pain after the shingles were healed. Last night I put it on my body from the front, side and back. Instantly it started to burn but I thought the pain would go away in a few minutes. However, the pain intensified and within ten minutes I couldn't tolerate the painfulness of the Capzasin HP on my skin. The whole area was swollen and a bright red rash had developed. I got in the shower and repeatedly wash the whole area with soap and lukewarm water. Then I applied a cold compress to the areas and received some relief. When I went to bed, it felt like I had a heating pad under me. I would not recommend Capzasin HP to anyone with shingles."

Peg September 8, 2018

For Pain: "I had a fracture of 10th vertebrae and had great sensitivity to anything touching my back in that area. My bra band caused particular pain. Because of this location, my husband applied Axain to my back, washing his hands well after doing this."

Anon July 31, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed this as cannot take anti inflammatories due to heart condition, yes it burns but the relief it gives is unbelievable ! I was warned by the Doc that it contained some sort of chilli so not to apply without rubber gloves and to avoid any contact with eyes mouth etc, it works for me anyway !"

Bobby N (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Qutenza (capsaicin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: "Qutenza really does work. I did have very intense burning for 15mins for four days. You should never shower, touch the area with water for 48 hrs. The pain can be mind blowing but it does subside and a cool fan helps. Don't let your pets near the area as it will burn them. I have had multiple qutenza and it isn't 3 months before it works. It works straight away it lasts up to 3 months plus. don't apply yourselves use a health professional as it does burn"

white witch (taken for 10 years or more) June 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had problems with a knee that I injured whilst in the Navy 30 some years ago. For about 7 years, I have had to walk carefully as my knee would give out and I would sometimes, even fall. My knee was almost always grossly swollen. Since using this cream, (4 times daily) my knee is still swollen slightly, but I can now walk anywhere and not worry about falling. My knee has not "given out" in close to a year. I have been walking loads and due to this new lease on life, I feel great. I, personally have had no issue due to burning sensation with this cream but, I would suggest that you test a small area first. As a disclaimer, there has been one other change in my life and that is diet. My family and I have been eating super hot foods (mainly Thai influenced) for the last year as well. So I tend to get loads of Capsaicin from my diet as well. With that being said, I stand behind Zacin one hundred percent."

Skizzles April 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have a bad knee that has been burning for a couple of days. I decided to try this and woke up 2 hours later, with a burning sensation. This sensation was so bad, I had to wake up, and try and wash that area. Even after washing the area, the burning sensation continued. I would not recommend this to anyone."

ily38 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Put THIS on and oh my goodness it burned my skin. I tried to wash it off and it burned worse... I kid you not! Nine hours AFTER I had applied it I was laying in bed on my Husband's shoulder and where my elbow was JUST touching my Husband made his skin begin to burn... Nine hours LATER!!! Sheesh! BRUTAL!!!"

Catherine M. March 30, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Pain: "Three separate people with different pains and causes all experienced terrible burning sensations. We honestly felt like our flesh and muscles were being cooked, roasted, prepared for a cannabalistic feast for unknown guests. I cannot recommend this for anyone, for any reason. There is no remedy to getting it off your skin; water reactivates it. I cannot understand why this is available. "First do no harm" should be revisited."

Bon (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Pain: "The minor relief of shoulder joint pain that I had was more than offset by the burning of my skin. Water on my skin of any temperature felt like scalding water. Both my wife and sister-in-law experienced the same issues. Could not get it off fast enough. Dabbing it with rubbing alcohol seems to do a good job of getting it off your skin for nearly immediate relief. Not sure how they can continue to sell this."

Mark C. (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Zostrix (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I had severe diabetic neuropathy that even 600 mg of gabapentin couldn't touch. I tried this cream once, had no burning side affects at all, just a slight warm sensation. It worked so well that I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in months. I now use it 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable results for me. I swear by this stuff. I went from not being able to have any blankets or breezes on my feet to sleeping with however many blankets and fans I want!"

Sarah S (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Pain: "I like it, it burns but that is nothing compared to back pain, which can be crippling. It does not stop pain I found, it's just nice to have my brain focus on something else as well as back pain. Pain from this cream is like sunburn, and I recommend not wearing tight clothing over the area as it seems to sweat and get hotter, unless it's just me who gets that."

Mikey111 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula (capsaicin) for Pain: "My left knee was hurting due to maybe over exercise it, so I decided to apply this. Pain in my knee gone away almost instantly, but got replaced with a really hard burning sensation. Must say I have a very high pain threshold, but this cream was too much. The burning feeling is awful. I couldn't sleep at all. I already have washed the area several times, but still burns. I think for a very heavy pain, this could do the trick, but if your pain is not that heavy, doesn't worth to replace a pain sensation with a bad burn sensation."

Andres R (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Have arthritis in both feet and applied capsaicin cream this morning, my feet are now worse than ever, I appreciate burning sensation due to application but it's like someone had a blowtorch on my feet, I'm afraid I'd rather suffer the pain of arthritis than use this product. I'm in more pain now with burning, sorry but not for me, my feet are on fire so how does that substitute arthritic pain, NOT GOOD PAIN KILLER MORE OF A PAIN MAKER"

EUGENE (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Dr. prescribed this for treatment of my shingles pain. Instructed to use 4 x a day. The pain was so severe I cried my eyes out loud enough for my mom to wake up. She had to wipe it off and the pain still continued for 40 mins. When it was off we could see my whole back was red and burnt. Awful pain when applied and did not help the condition of the shingles."

jennna February 1, 2018

For Pain: "The effect takes a few hours to build and it will be intense but thats the mechanism. It breaks the pain signal cycle and distracts from other pain. Fantastic for muscle pain, spasms, nerve pain and chronic pain, arthritis, spine related pain, once you learn how to use it. The pain feels like bad sunburn but it is harmless if you don't show an allergy, grin and bear it because it will retrain you body's pain receptors to dampen down other pains even after finished using."

Freddy22 January 9, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Osteoarthritis: "don't use this product it burns and continues to burn for days ....."

jadeona November 10, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I recommend this product if you have pain. I would like to say that this is the best of two evils, because it burns at the start when you first start to use it. It is really important to read the instructions to use it properly. But nice to relocate the pain a little. For my part, the product works very well. However, if you do not have major pain, the product will be worse for you. Anyway, a great product to measure your pain level "

MyAngelwings October 7, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "If I could post a picture of what this cream did to me! Picture the worst burning EVER! It took several wipes and a shower to get it off my back and it still had bad pain from middle to the tailbone area which was red. I was in SO much pain from this medicine it felt like my skin was on fire. I tried putting lidocaine spray on it and the the spray just melted onto my skin"

Amanda e September 16, 2017

For Pain: "Horrible!!!! It left me with burns! I was up all thro the night trying to get this off of my knees, it gave me extreme burning sensations. DO NOT RECOMMEND!"

Rk34 August 5, 2017

For Pain: "I used Zacin cream as prescribed by doctor for low back pain after a fall. The injury gradually improved and the pain was well lessened by Zacin. co-codamol was also tried but with good effect but I discontinued it because its drowsiness was intolerable. British NHS"

Anonymous July 31, 2017

For Pain: "I was suffering due to sciatic nerve compression (not sure it is because of lumbar hernia or piriformis muscle spasm the doc did not mention) for long time. I used capsaicin patch on my lower back (applied only for 8 hours). I felt much better the next day."

NST (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

For Pain: "I had this for my post op nerve pain. Warning wash hands aftet applying this!! This stuff burns bad especially if you get it in your eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after applying it. It stings intensely for an hour or so way more intense than deep heat but right now seems to be calming down and I have high hopes for it. I'll update after a week or two but the intense burning cannot be overstated."

Mark D (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I had the feeling of socks crunched up. I used this stuff and I added severe burning! I used it 1 1/2 days and returned it. DON'T BUY! I now have burning feet. It will go away, but what kind of cure is burning feet , not less pain. Also if you get on hands it can cause problems so make sure you wash it off This OTC cream should say SEVERE BURNING FEELING POSSIBLE. I never have pain at night when I sleep. Last night I had burning feeling!THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!"

gygogo123 May 12, 2017