User Reviews for Capsaicin

Also known as: Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Axsain, Capsagel Extra Strength, Capsagel Maximum Strength, Capsicum Oleoresin, Capsin, Capzasin, Capzasin Back and Body, Capzasin-HP, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capzasin-P, Castiva Warming, Dolorac, Drs Cream, GNP Capsaicin, Icy Hot PM Patch, Menthac Arthritis Cream with Capsaicin, No Pain-HP, Pain Doctor, Pain-X, Qutenza, R-Gel, RT Capsin, Salonpas Gel-Patch, Salonpas Pain Patch with Capsaicin, Sloan's Liniment, Theragen HP, Trixaicin, Trixaicin HP, Zostrix, Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain, Zostrix Foot Pain, Zostrix Neuropathy, Zostrix Sports, Zostrix-HP …show all brand names

Peripheral Neuropathy

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
4.6

Summary of Capsaicin reviews 5.8 65 reviews

Reviews for Capsaicin

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had problems with a knee that I injured whilst in the Navy 30 some years ago. For about 7 years, I have had to walk carefully as my knee would give out and I would sometimes, even fall. My knee was almost always grossly swollen. Since using this cream, (4 times daily) my knee is still swollen slightly, but I can now walk anywhere and not worry about falling. My knee has not "given out" in close to a year. I have been walking loads and due to this new lease on life, I feel great. I, personally have had no issue due to burning sensation with this cream but, I would suggest that you test a small area first. As a disclaimer, there has been one other change in my life and that is diet. My family and I have been eating super hot foods (mainly Thai influenced) for the last year as well. So I tend to get loads of Capsaicin from my diet as well. With that being said, I stand behind Zacin one hundred percent."

Skizzles April 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have a bad knee that has been burning for a couple of days. I decided to try this and woke up 2 hours later, with a burning sensation. This sensation was so bad, I had to wake up, and try and wash that area. Even after washing the area, the burning sensation continued. I would not recommend this to anyone."

ily38 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Put THIS on and oh my goodness it burned my skin. I tried to wash it off and it burned worse... I kid you not! Nine hours AFTER I had applied it I was laying in bed on my Husband's shoulder and where my elbow was JUST touching my Husband made his skin begin to burn... Nine hours LATER!!! Sheesh! BRUTAL!!!"

Catherine M. March 30, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Pain: "Three separate people with different pains and causes all experienced terrible burning sensations. We honestly felt like our flesh and muscles were being cooked, roasted, prepared for a cannabalistic feast for unknown guests. I cannot recommend this for anyone, for any reason. There is no remedy to getting it off your skin; water reactivates it. I cannot understand why this is available. "First do no harm" should be revisited."

Bon (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Pain: "The minor relief of shoulder joint pain that I had was more than offset by the burning of my skin. Water on my skin of any temperature felt like scalding water. Both my wife and sister-in-law experienced the same issues. Could not get it off fast enough. Dabbing it with rubbing alcohol seems to do a good job of getting it off your skin for nearly immediate relief. Not sure how they can continue to sell this."

Mark C. (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Zostrix (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I had severe diabetic neuropathy that even 600 mg of gabapentin couldn't touch. I tried this cream once, had no burning side affects at all, just a slight warm sensation. It worked so well that I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in months. I now use it 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable results for me. I swear by this stuff. I went from not being able to have any blankets or breezes on my feet to sleeping with however many blankets and fans I want!"

Sarah S (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Pain: "I like it, it burns but that is nothing compared to back pain, which can be crippling. It does not stop pain I found, it's just nice to have my brain focus on something else as well as back pain. Pain from this cream is like sunburn, and I recommend not wearing tight clothing over the area as it seems to sweat and get hotter, unless it's just me who gets that."

Mikey111 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula (capsaicin) for Pain: "My left knee was hurting due to maybe over exercise it, so I decided to apply this. Pain in my knee gone away almost instantly, but got replaced with a really hard burning sensation. Must say I have a very high pain threshold, but this cream was too much. The burning feeling is awful. I couldn't sleep at all. I already have washed the area several times, but still burns. I think for a very heavy pain, this could do the trick, but if your pain is not that heavy, doesn't worth to replace a pain sensation with a bad burn sensation."

Andres R (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Have arthritis in both feet and applied capsaicin cream this morning, my feet are now worse than ever, I appreciate burning sensation due to application but it's like someone had a blowtorch on my feet, I'm afraid I'd rather suffer the pain of arthritis than use this product. I'm in more pain now with burning, sorry but not for me, my feet are on fire so how does that substitute arthritic pain, NOT GOOD PAIN KILLER MORE OF A PAIN MAKER"

EUGENE (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Dr. prescribed this for treatment of my shingles pain. Instructed to use 4 x a day. The pain was so severe I cried my eyes out loud enough for my mom to wake up. She had to wipe it off and the pain still continued for 40 mins. When it was off we could see my whole back was red and burnt. Awful pain when applied and did not help the condition of the shingles."

jennna February 1, 2018

For Pain: "The effect takes a few hours to build and it will be intense but thats the mechanism. It breaks the pain signal cycle and distracts from other pain. Fantastic for muscle pain, spasms, nerve pain and chronic pain, arthritis, spine related pain, once you learn how to use it. The pain feels like bad sunburn but it is harmless if you don't show an allergy, grin and bear it because it will retrain you body's pain receptors to dampen down other pains even after finished using."

Freddy22 January 9, 2018

Capzasin-P (capsaicin) for Osteoarthritis: "don't use this product it burns and continues to burn for days ....."

jadeona November 10, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I recommend this product if you have pain. I would like to say that this is the best of two evils, because it burns at the start when you first start to use it. It is really important to read the instructions to use it properly. But nice to relocate the pain a little. For my part, the product works very well. However, if you do not have major pain, the product will be worse for you. Anyway, a great product to measure your pain level "

MyAngelwings October 7, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "If I could post a picture of what this cream did to me! Picture the worst burning EVER! It took several wipes and a shower to get it off my back and it still had bad pain from middle to the tailbone area which was red. I was in SO much pain from this medicine it felt like my skin was on fire. I tried putting lidocaine spray on it and the the spray just melted onto my skin"

Amanda e September 16, 2017

For Pain: "Horrible!!!! It left me with burns! I was up all thro the night trying to get this off of my knees, it gave me extreme burning sensations. DO NOT RECOMMEND!"

Rk34 August 5, 2017

For Pain: "I used Zacin cream as prescribed by doctor for low back pain after a fall. The injury gradually improved and the pain was well lessened by Zacin. co-codamol was also tried but with good effect but I discontinued it because its drowsiness was intolerable. British NHS"

Anonymous July 31, 2017

For Pain: "I was suffering due to sciatic nerve compression (not sure it is because of lumbar hernia or piriformis muscle spasm the doc did not mention) for long time. I used capsaicin patch on my lower back (applied only for 8 hours). I felt much better the next day."

NST (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

For Pain: "I had this for my post op nerve pain. Warning wash hands aftet applying this!! This stuff burns bad especially if you get it in your eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after applying it. It stings intensely for an hour or so way more intense than deep heat but right now seems to be calming down and I have high hopes for it. I'll update after a week or two but the intense burning cannot be overstated."

Mark D (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I had the feeling of socks crunched up. I used this stuff and I added severe burning! I used it 1 1/2 days and returned it. DON'T BUY! I now have burning feet. It will go away, but what kind of cure is burning feet , not less pain. Also if you get on hands it can cause problems so make sure you wash it off This OTC cream should say SEVERE BURNING FEELING POSSIBLE. I never have pain at night when I sleep. Last night I had burning feeling!THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!"

gygogo123 May 12, 2017

Qutenza (capsaicin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: "Well have had this treatment about 2 years ago now - I was told it was a very new treatment and only one use of it would provide permanent benefits and that it often gave back sensation to extremities in Peripheral Neuropathy - for me this was not the case it was in a sheet format a speciased Nurse was doing the treatment cutting into this single sheet by aseptic technique and extra gloves - the stinging that it cases to both my hands as in fingers and everywhere the Quitenza touched spent the next 3 days virtually in the bath as skin was burning in PAIN now Pain I can feel, unlike even touch seems out of reach - apparently it takes up to 3 months to work - oh yeh and it is made from Capsicum - [Chillies]"

Murph101 April 26, 2017

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Tried it once, 12 hours later still burning unbearably"

Lani1777 April 12, 2017

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Shingles 5 years ago , chronic PHN Trigeminal Upper Branch Nerve Pain Discomfort since , used Lidoderm Lidocaine patch , that lost it's ability to relieve , tried other topical creams Eucerin skin calming creme w/ drop of Geranium Oil mixed and worked into affected area , after awhile that lost it's ability as well . Tonight tried Capzacin again , used years ago didn't do much , yet tonight it did , we'll see tomorrow ."

Joe Woo February 28, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I'm not sure it helped at all but when I woke up in the middle of the night sweating, the burning sensation it caused was intense! Very painful. An ice pack helped but I'm afraid to use again after this."

Lilsly (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I used this when I had shingles for the pain, NowI use it for sebhorea... it burns like the dickens but then numbs. itching stops."

marge555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "This works for nerve pain, but is waaay stronger than Bengay, Tiger Balm & the sort. Honestly, this should have a more serious alert on the bottle. My dr had me start nerve de-senitizing-i think its called. I have two types of nerve pain & the pain can get real ugly. I used a brush on my hamstrings and adductors to "densitize". I was still just going crazy in pain, meditated-well tried. Prayed & am now suffering the consequences of putting Capzasin HP on my Scrubbed legs...maybe 30 min past the scrubbing. Honestly, this pain rivals my nerve pain-awful close anyway. Good product, but BE careful, w/kids, pets, older folks & especially people in crazy pain undertreated by a propaganda driven war on pain medicine & the Pain Drs."

Jmpmarch87 December 3, 2016