User Reviews for Capsaicin topical

Also known as: Zostrix, Qutenza, Axsain, Zostrix-HP, Capsin, Salonpas Pain Patch with Capsaicin, Pain Doctor, GNP Capsaicin, Salonpas-Hot, Capzasin Back and Body, Salonpas Gel-Patch, Capzasin-HP, Sloan's Liniment, Drs Cream, Theragen HP, Capsagel Extra Strength, Capsagel Maximum Strength, Dolorac, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Menthac Arthritis Cream with Capsaicin, Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Capsicum Oleoresin, Zostrix Sports, Castiva Warming, Capzasin, No Pain-HP, Capzasin-P, Pain-X R-Gel Zostrix Neuropathy Zostrix Foot Pain Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain …show all brand names

Peripheral Neuropathy 5.9
Osteoarthritis 5.5
Pain 5.1
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 4.9
Postherpetic Neuralgia 4.3
Summary of Capsaicin topical reviews 5.2 99 reviews

Reviews for Capsaicin topical

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For Pain: “I used this per my Oncologist for neuropathy in my feet caused by chemo. NEVER EVER WILL I USE THIS AGAIN ! I have been up all night trying to wash this off. The burning sensation is unbearable. Feels like my toes are roasting on a fire. This cream should be sold by prescription only so the patient is definitely warned about the burning sensation”

Jaquieo · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Zostrix (capsaicin) for Pain: “I damaged knee in accident 3 weeks ago. Now I can't walk. This cream has made no difference to the high level of pain. But then the product sheet only says that it MAY work in 4-6 weeks. So, one tube a week at $21.95 x 6... for something that MAY work! Don't 'they', whoever they are, do any deep testing and evaluation of these products or do they use the market to try them out more profitably? And what's in it? 0.025% chilli. (capsaicin). Try rubbing a chilli in where it hurts, or sprinkle chilli powder on. It may help. It wont cost much.”

Millie · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2020

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I bought this Capzasin-HP yesterday and tried it for my post neuralgia shingles pain. I was very disappointed in it as it caused more pain and my skin looked scalded where I applied it. I had to wash it off after 15 minutes due to the intense burning and apply aloe Vera gel three times in order to get relief. I feel it was a waste of my money just to try it as it was recommended. This should be removed from shelves and not sold as I cringe to think of a small child having this used on them. The burning was intense.”

Tera · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “I’ve tried everything so I thought I’ll the this OTC cream read the back..I generally don’t ever have any side effects to medication. Until now... I applied it to my ankle and feet. Washed my hands with warm water and soap. Instantly my hands started to burn. Like literally on fire. I washed again with mild soap, again with cold water, again with no soap, again with dish soap. Nothing works. It’s now been 7 hrs and I’m seriousLy so annoyed My ankle still hurts and I’m still on fire!!!!”

Donna · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2020

For Pain: “After a fall I used a topical cream, containing Capsicum Oleoresin 0.0625% by volume and Capsaicin 0.025% by volume, as the only active ingredient, on my lower back and one leg. This cream also contained MSM and Glucosamine. I will mention that due to more than several medical conditions involving my joints and muscles, I have been on long term Oxycontin 20 mg, twice daily and Lyrica 150 mg, three times daily. The pain from the fall was so intense, the oral meds were not enough. The cream was applied one time only. There was no warming/cooling sensation ever felt. Seven days from that application, I would wake at night feeling like I was on a heating pad set at super hot overdrive. This was extremely painful with the pain lasting 15-45 minutes. I am wondering how much longer this is going to last? This has happened the last 5 nights. I would also like to add that the cream was very effective at easing the extreme pain I was in.”

Cw · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

For Peripheral Neuropathy: “I was prescribed this capsaicin cream due to severe nerve pain after suffering from Guillian Barre. The burning nerve pain on top of my feet was unbearable. After using the cream twice a day the pain is much better. There is a slight burn after applying the cream but nothing compared the burning pain of the nerve pain. I would definitely recommend it for people dealing with the same sort of issue as I have.”

mr x · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2020

For Pain: “READ the instructions. Remember start with a SMALL amount. Do not rub it hard into the area. A little goes a long way. Increase if / when necessary. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when applying. wrap with gauze for a couple of hours to learn NOT to touch it.”

Pooka · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 23, 2020

For Pain: “Okay, first of all, don't ever put Capsaicin on using your bare hands. It will linger on your hands even after scrubbing them with soap and water. Use gloves and be careful you only get the cream where you need it. If you find the cream too painful DO NOT try scrubbing it off as this will not work. Water, especially with heat and steam, reactivates the heat in the capsaicin. Treat Capsaicin cream the same way you would treat eating hot chile. Put sour cream, yogurt, or any other thick, milk based product on it to settle the heat. I swear by capsaicin cream for pain. I use it on my back, hip, arthritic knee, just about anywhere that hurts. When I 1st used it I would feel like my skin was very hot but you actually start to get used to the heat.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

For Pain: “This capsaicin cream was incredibly beneficial at relieving sciatica and pain caused by disc issues in my lower back. The relief was rapid and beyond my expectation. However, despite every precaution taken, it has effected my eyes, roof of mouth, throat and lungs. I applied it carefully and washed my hands well, but it's as though I still breathed it in. I have the taste of it in my mouth days later and a tight chest combined with a cough and a feel of throat constriction and chest tightness. As much as wish I could use this product for its amazing pain relief, what I am undergoing days after stopping it ( hot showers reactivate and disperse it from the skin with steam, so this may last awhile! ) this side effect is a deal-breaker.”

Pip February 4, 2020

Zostrix (capsaicin) for Pain: “Holy fudge Hotter than a hot sauce Tried washing it off after 10 mins as leg was burning like lava! Washing it off still didn’t work An hour later, still burning Ice packs, water spray bottle, damp cold cloths .. still burning ”

Grace · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2019

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “On knees seems okay. Too soon to determine if it helps. On shingles rash, extreme long-lasting pain. Won’t purchase again.”

loveit · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

Zostrix (capsaicin): “first 2 days applied to thigh due to burning bursa pain I had no burning sensation from zostrix and 1 month later still none when applying. First 2 days this was great for bursa pain but now while bursa pain is less results not as good as first 2 days. I apply 4x daily as per directions can sometimes get a chili taste in my mouth. Will continue to use as this is the best option I have.”

PW · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2019

For Pain: “Tonight was my first night using this stuff and I WILL NEVER EVER USE IT AGAIN!! The burning it gives off is horrible I have tried everything to cool it down and it seems like it's burning worse. I have to be to work at 7 in the morning and here I am at 3:30am writing a review because I can't sleep due to the burning of this cream. I wouldn't recommend this shit to nobody. My skin is so irritated its red as, and burning. I even took a cold towel to wrap around my legs and its still not working”

Pessa · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

For Pain: “This stuff is HORRIBLE even a tiny drop will BURN for DAYS. Never, ever, ever use this. It's horrid”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

Capsagel Maximum Strength (capsaicin) for Pain: “I have Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in my left wrist and have been taking methotrexate for a year. I have been using capsicium cream for a couple of months, a very small amount rubbed into the effected area and can’t believe the response.... it’s great, I get a slight burning sensation a couple of hours after I put the cream on but otherwise no pain from the cream. My specialist said to reduce from 20mg methotrexate a week down to 10 but this week I am going to rely solely on the cream and see what happens.....so far so good”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I used this capsaicin topical cream for severe neck and shoulder pain due to cervical spondylosis and it worked wonderfully. There is a burning sensation when first applied and for a while after that, but it truly helps. I use a small amount in the morning and a larger amount in the evening. This and gabapentin are the only things that have made my neck pain tolerable.”

Boo September 18, 2019

For Pain: “My gp told me to use this, so put it on this morning before work was fine went in the shower and now my knee is badly burning and really red tried everything to stop it but it is still burning will never use this again”

KL September 7, 2019

For Pain: “I have read several reviews regarding the Capsain cream and all I can say it's absolutely great. Doctors and Pharmacists need to teach people how to use this product, YOU ONLY USE THE SMALLEST AMOUNT you do not need to use this product like a toothpaste amount . Use sparingly and you will find you get the relief you require. I have spondylitis in my lower back with the pain generate from there into my buttock and without this product life would not be worth living. Hope this helps those who have used it wrongly or someone is serious pain .”

Never again · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “My Dr suggested this and I will never use it again. I put it on around noon time. It’s now 11 pm and after 2 washes still burning like crazy. My toes are killing me. I would not suggest this stuff. I hope I can sleep.”

Trace · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2019

For Pain: “I’ve been using zostrix hp 75 percent for a year on my lower back. At first I thought I was on fire but persisted with it as my back was killing me. I put a tiny dot of cream on twice a day and now no burning at all and back pain gone.”

ck July 20, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “This caused unbelievably horrible burning feeling on skin. I threw away after using it only one time . Do not buy if you have sensitive skin”

Kaye July 17, 2019

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin) for Pain: “My Dr recommend this and said he uses it himself Well I bought the product and applied it at 7:00 a.m. and now it's been 15 hrs later and my back is literally on fire I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this product I've tried cold shower Ice , anything cold and yet I'm on fire”

LU July 10, 2019

Qutenza (capsaicin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: “Although I was informed about this treatment and how your body might react to it. My case spiralled out of hands. It was applied to the thorax-wand. Of course different patients react differently. The medics had to call a team to manage my situation. The pain was so much that without a shred of doubt words simply can not explain. The options to help me out was Fentanyl or Anaesthesia to help me cope with the situation. Two days since the happening, I still literally ask my attendees if it was a dream.”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

Capzasin (capsaicin) for Pain: “I applied to my neck for pain. It did get rid of the neck pain but I think that’s because the burning feeling of the medication masked the pain. I felt like my neck was severely sun burned. I was camping and the burning started when I went outside in the Texas heat. It felt fine inside. Wash your hands. I got some on my nose and eye when I rubbed it. That was pretty bad.”

SPARKS · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “The product works very well for me. I applied it to my feet, rubbed it into the skin and I can sleep without pain most of the night. However, after reading the side effects, I have noticed an insignificant tightning in my chest...small but noticeable skeletal type discomfort, almost like you had been working out and got tight from exercise. Ill review with my doctor, but it works and I use it as needed”