User Reviews for Capsaicin topical to treat Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

Also known as: Zostrix, Sloan's Liniment, Qutenza, Theragen HP, Salonpas-Hot, Capzasin-HP, Capsicum Oleoresin, Capzasin, Zostrix Neuropathy, GNP Capsaicin, Capzasin Back and Body, Salonpas Gel-Patch, Axsain, Drs Cream, Capsagel Extra Strength, Capsagel Maximum Strength, Zostrix-HP, Dolorac, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capsin, Menthac Arthritis Cream with Capsaicin, Salonpas Pain Patch with Capsaicin, Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Zostrix Sports, Castiva Warming, No Pain-HP, Pain Doctor, Capzasin-P Pain-X R-Gel Zostrix Foot Pain Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain …show all brand names

Capsaicin topical has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. 43% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Capsaicin topical Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.

Sarah S · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

Zostrix (capsaicin): “I had severe diabetic neuropathy that even 600 mg of gabapentin couldn't touch. I tried this cream once, had no burning side affects at all, just a slight warm sensation. It worked so well that I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in months. I now use it 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable results for me. I swear by this stuff. I went from not being able to have any blankets or breezes on my feet to sleeping with however many blankets and fans I want!”

Anonymous February 11, 2010

Zostrix (capsaicin): “Tried it for foot pain, diabetic neuropathy, terrible results. Pain increased, had to wash it off. Wash your hands very well after use, even if you don't see the cream on your hands, some residue may still exist and if you get it in your eyes, it will really burn.”

Idontbelievethid August 17, 2016

Zostrix (capsaicin): “It was prescribed for hot Burning painful feet. I tried it several times trying to get used to it. Every time I used it it would cause extreme pain in the feet. My feet would turn red like it had been in a fire. And Woodburn like it had been in a fire. I could not get used to that pain and it didn't seem to be working anyway. I finally stopped it and threw the rest of it out.”

julia2jw · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2013

“I used it for arthritis in my foot, when I first used it I felt like someone set my foot on fire and water and the sun will bring the heat back, it burns for at least 30 mins but after it stops I end up able to walk. It feels like a deep deep tissue massage. I cried but I still use it because it helps me after the burning stops , but don't touch it because it stays on you for a day or so and if you touch your eyes you will burn.”

gygogo123 May 12, 2017

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin): “I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet. I had the feeling of socks crunched up. I used this stuff and I added severe burning! I used it 1 1/2 days and returned it. DON'T BUY! I now have burning feet. It will go away, but what kind of cure is burning feet , not less pain. Also if you get on hands it can cause problems so make sure you wash it off This OTC cream should say SEVERE BURNING FEELING POSSIBLE. I never have pain at night when I sleep. Last night I had burning feeling!THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Tera · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin): “I’ve tried everything so I thought I’ll the this OTC cream read the back..I generally don’t ever have any side effects to medication. Until now... I applied it to my ankle and feet. Washed my hands with warm water and soap. Instantly my hands started to burn. Like literally on fire. I washed again with mild soap, again with cold water, again with no soap, again with dish soap. Nothing works. It’s now been 7 hrs and I’m seriousLy so annoyed My ankle still hurts and I’m still on fire!!!!”

SPARKS · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

“The product works very well for me. I applied it to my feet, rubbed it into the skin and I can sleep without pain most of the night. However, after reading the side effects, I have noticed an insignificant tightning in my chest...small but noticeable skeletal type discomfort, almost like you had been working out and got tight from exercise. Ill review with my doctor, but it works and I use it as needed”

BonGriz August 29, 2011

Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain (capsaicin): “Side effects include allergic reaction: rash; hives; itching; pain in the middle of the chest; tightness in the chest, difficulty breathing or swallowing; irritation, redness, blistering, severe/persistent burning at the application site. ”

N Sanz December 15, 2015