User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

Epilepsy 3 reviews 41 medications

Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 825 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have Fibromyalgia and developed horrific back/sciatic pain last year. I started taking lyrica about 3 months ago and within a week,I could walk properly. I could sleep, I could exercise and I thought it had fixed everything. Then my elbow started hurting. I just thought I'd strained it at the gym. The pain became excruciating. Then it hit the other arm until 3 days ago when it got so bad, I couldn't move my arms properly. It felt like my arms were inflamed from my shoulders to my finger tips. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the arm pain is starting to go. But the back pain is starting to come back. I also have had no idea what day it is for the last 3 weeks which I thought was stress but suspect is the lyrica."

Emeeoh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have suffered from headaches for years with relief with Excedrin. However, I was taking up to 8 at the onset to keep it from becoming a migraine. I'm really surprised that the Drs didn't tell my about "Excedrin abuse" since I told all that I was taking that much. However, when prescribed Lyrica for fibro pain, my headaches were gone to maybe 3 a week. So I highly recommend this for serious headache problems. Does help with Fibro pain. But, weight gain and dry mouth are my biggest side effect and is to the extent that I almost want to go back to 8 Excedrin a day. Hope this helps someone!"

Sandymc1963 May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I started this drug ten years ago and gave rave reviews then so would like to again. I was able to manage my FM through diet, exercise and adequate sleep through most of my 20's. One day I pushed myself too hard at work, and I got to what I call "final stage". Half hour after getting a shot of Dilodid in the ER I was still crying and writhing. Doctor came in and sat down looking worried. "There's probably nothing more you can do for me." I said "No, there's not." She sent me home with maximum doses of every painkiller on the planet-nothing got rid of the deep burning aching pain. It hurt to stand, sit, walk, lie down. I laid in bed for days not knowing what to do. I tried Lyrica. That pain has been gone ever since. I got my life back."

Painless A (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Had a motorcycle accident at the age of 15. Had no problems until I reached 40 years old. Started feeling pains and aches in my legs. That progressed for the next 10 years. Started to be unable to lift heavy things without causing strain in the back. Eventually was unable to sit down or lay down comfortably. Had tried several types of pain relieving medications but they cause more symptoms like stomach problems. Had over 500 Xylocaine needles injected into my spine and butt bone. Had to get those needles at least every 2 weeks period I am no longer in an area where the service is available. My doctor put me on Lyrica and it is like Miracle medication. It is not only taking away my pain but it's also giving me energy and motivation."

Nightshawks (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I had been on Morphine for fibro and it helped a lot but my doctor took me off it and I got on Lyrica. I only take one 75mg at night. I was taking it 3x day and I got so flaky I had problems with remembering things and had a HUGE appetite . I have always been slender and I did lose a lot of weight a few years ago so it was ok to gain weight again. But my appetite is still pretty big now. It helps with the pain. I had tried gabapetin and was taking it 3 times a day and started hallucinating . It was crazy so I got off that but it did help to get off morphine so I might go back on it and just take it twice a day. Since I am 70 and poor I get my Lyrica free. It helps a lot of people but then you have those crazy side effects."

Kelly 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia, this was the worst medication I have ever taken! Within a few days, my anxiety levels were through the roof . I had other side effects too but I can't recall what they were now - it's been a horrendous year."

Big A 47 May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed for nerve pain in my foot after an accident and after being weened off opioids. (I like them.. but hate them!, can see how they can become addictive!) I honestly didn't think pregabalin would be effective but I noticed immediately it helping with the pain in my foot where I'm sure there is nerve damage as well as in my arm where I broke it. Later on in the day I set about doing a chore and realized my anxiety was gone. I mean I still had worry but it was managable? Hard to explain. Started off at 300 mg a day and went up to 450 a day then after a few weeks it was like my anxiety worsened.(I have GAD and take Clonazepam) I was going to go off the Pregbalin but I'm down to 100mg in the morning 50mg at dinner and 50 mg at night. Ok so far"

D in Canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "It's sad when people write a drug of because their experience was negative. With nerve pain of any kind there are different levels of pain in which the body can get to, sometimes I have muscle spasms with and without pain, in My face, my legs, my back neck n shoulders, my eyes to. I even vomit as a result is severe pain. My vision is blurred my breathing and anxiety levels affected greatly, LYRICA make most of this go away. Please understand not all meds suit every individual so you have to try different things till one works for you. I also took lyrica in pregnancy n have a healthy chubby lil baby boy 100% a ok this med gave me part of my life back. Living with pain is crucifying but living with lyrica is a solution !!! For me anyway"

a.cai May 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was taking Lyrica following a trial of Cymbalta failed miserably. I was titrated up to 150 mg twice a day. 4 days following the last increase in dose I noticed substantial foot and lower leg swelling. I promptly stopped taking the medication following consulting my physician."

Nurseboy May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've had 6 spine surgeries in 5 yrs. I suffer from neuropathy and nerve pain to severe levels. With this new trend, by an insensitive Congress, to take away opioids I couldn't imagine being without Lyrica. The only side effect is memory loss, only short term memory. I don't mind. If you suffered my pain you wouldn't either. I've never felt high and taken it for 5 yrs. 75mg x 3 daily. I'm grateful for it. I would suffer so bad w/o it."

DjayR (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Where to start with this drug ? I refer to it as "The Devil's drug" it was horrible could not function, swelling of my hands and legs and feet. My cognitive thinking was non existent , voice slurred sounded drunk .Could not function at all and could not get off this stuff fast enough. Just listen to the commercial on TV and all the side effects they throw in at the end. I would never take this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "I have a cyst growing between my 4L and 5L, sitting on a bundle of nerves. Found after an MRI. I also have degenerative arthritis in my spine. I started with 25mg three times a day, it didn't do much at all. Then was put on 75 mg at bedtime, again not much relief. Now I'm on 75 mg twice daily and a 25 mg as needed. I also take 2 extra strength Tylenol, three times daily. Needless to say I'm in La,La, Land. My speech is slurred, I'm tired all the time, and my memory sucks, I have the shakes if I wait too long to take my medication. I have some jerking movements, and blurred vision. I'm afraid to cut back on my meds, and I'm having back surgery next month. So I will get back to you on my results with that. Surgery is my last ditch effort."

Going on 70 May 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Taking Lyrica for spinal cord injury. Started with 75 mg daily. Seem to stop the severe burning in my feet but I have memory problems with blurred vision. Dr. has upped the meds to 150 mg 2X daily not sure how I'm going to react to that. I'll report back in a week or two if I have a brain left"

Teflon250 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take 75 mg at bedtime. I started Lyrica in 2015 when I had shingles. I noticed that I wasn't having crippling anxiety. I was able to stop Klonopin. I went back on Klonopin when we moved out of state. I also started Ambien 5mg. For sleep issues. I thought I could stop Lyrica. That was a big mistake. Last night I didn't take the Lyrica and I am so anxiety ridden and feel physically sick. I will definitely take the Lyrica tonight."

Trish$$$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lyrica is one of the first meds I was put on. I am after 14 years of experience taking and experiencing the withdrawals of the Lyrica when I didn't have the money to buy it and couldn't get it free because I was on Medicare.The meds work great with other meds"

Robsosweet53 May 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I'm a 41 year old male and I suffer from diabetic Neuropathy in my feet. It's steadily gotten worse over the last 2 years and wasn't even diagnosed properly until 3 months ago. I've been taking Lyrica started with 75mg twice a day which didn't much of anything. I'm now taking 150mg twice a day, it's somewhat effective but not quite there yet not sure if dosage will have to be increased or I'll have to try something else? I haven't had a lot of the side effects others have mentioned except for memory loss. I've noticed that my short term memory hasn't been the best of late but other than that not really many side effects for me."

Chad M (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "My doctor prescribed me Lyrica for some trivially mild ulnar tunnel syndrome. Within about a week of taking just 75 mg per day (once before bedtime), I developed horrible anxiety, insomnia, muscle tremors and suicidal thoughts. My vision blurred as well, but it wasn't severe. It's been eleven days now since I've stopped taking Lyrica, and most of the side-effects have gone. The anxiety is still there, but it's no longer as bad as it was. Had I known about any of this, I would have just applied hot packs to my wrist and waited for it to heal by itself. The side-effects were totally not worth it."

pacang (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Very good use of drug to treat anxiety,starting from dose 150mg, however with me having to start back at working a week from now I feel I could be doing with a higher dose to relieve what I may think is insomnia this has never been diagnosed or if it can or even how I go about this? I live in Scotland the UK. "

Natalie Coyle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia. As I am very sensitive to medication, I was prescribed 75 mg at bedtime each night. The first month, I did feel better taking Lyrica. However, after about 4 months I began experiencing strange symptoms. I could not remember things. My brain was foggy. I wasn't myself and my pain returned. It was a no brainer, so I informed my doctor that I wanted off of this medication. I've been off Lyrica now for two months and my brain is back to normal. It was very scary to even think how little I was taking and what an impact it made on me. I am taking apple cider vinegar with honey every morning, exercising a little day, even if I don't want to, and resting when my body needs it."

LWSouthFl April 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug worked for my bipolar disorder but the side effects like the belly bloating and weight gain was bothersome to the point I had to quit, also there were issues with short term memory impairment and forgetfulness"

W0NDERER April 18, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Been on this Lyrica 200mg for @ least 2 yrs I still have a lot of pain from having the disease of Fibromyalgia & Chronic pain along with arthritis they raised it up to the highest dose & still hurt very much & I agree with the lady above u do gain weight trying to hang in there! Hope they find something better for me & every one else Blessings to all "

Sherry Brigham April 18, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Doc has me taking 150 mg morning and 150 mg evening. I have gained 50 pounds in 6 months. I am going to get him to take me off this. I went on a salad diet for a week with balsamic vinegar dressing (1 Tablespoon for a huge salad). I ate salad for lunch and dinner and drank nothing but water with lemon in it. I gained 2 pounds. I told this to my doctor and he said that I must have cheated. Why would anyone go on just a salad diet if they weren't serious about losing weight? I do not recommend this drug. I did start using cyclobenzaprine and it really helps with the leg cramps."

Rubydoobie April 17, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking pregabalin for post surgical nerve pain. But noticed right away that it almost eliminated my anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I take 150mg 3 times a day and have almost no anxiety issues anymore. There is a downside though, it makes me feel like I lost 30 IQ points being on it. Memory takes a big hit as well. Slows down the cognitive abilities a little bit. And withdrawal from Lyrica after stopping cold turkey a few times, due to insurance issues, is horrible. I like Lyrica and I think it's a good trade off for not being miserable everyday with anxiety."

Cubesmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have had chronic pain from Spinal Stenosis for over 25 years. Neck shoulders and lower back. I was on Lyrica 150 mg twice a day a couple years ago & truthfully can not remember why I stopped taking it. Since the "war on pain meds" My Dr. ask me to try it again. I took for 2 weeks then I started getting blurred vision, confusion, memory loss, & I would be standing in a store and twice the husband had to catch me because I was just falling over. I felt sick inside, instead of my quality of life improving it went down hill. I will never take this so called med again. I will live with the 10 to 15 pain level somehow if I have to spend the rest of my life just sitting still or in the bed. I also got to the point I was severely depressed. Do NOT take this drug."

KatNewman1958 April 11, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started Lyrica for chronic pain, but realized it was SO great for anxiety - worries disappeared, ruminating thoughts just didn't matter anymore, it was like my troubles were over because none of them mattered anymore (things I should have cared about tho, too). I had been taking 2mg valium everyday for 4 years and was able to taper VERY quickly because of lyrica. Pregabalin helps as a precursor to anxiety; it stops it before it can start, hence the 'PRE'-gabalin. It works on the gaba receptors which are responsible for anxiety. I take 150mg every 8 hours like another reviewer talked about, as I discovered that this was the golden ticket for keeping anxiety away. In Europe, the suggested dose for anxiety is between 400mg-MAX 600mg."

Hb0mb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017