User Reviews for Pregabalin

Dercum's Disease

Small Fiber Neuropathy

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 6.9 993 reviews

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I suffer with chronic pain because of injuries and both types of arthritis then about a year ago I got a tingling sensation in the soles of my feet they swell to the point I have cankells and I am walking on fluid. When I took the weight off my feet & lay down to sleep it felt like someone lit a fire on the soles of feet needless to say I didn't sleep too well because I had 2 stand to get rid of the pain, I only slept 1 out of every 3 nights and I have sleep apnea when I do try & sleep. To be fair for my skeletal pain I live on up to 40mg of oxycontin and 20 to 40mg of targin every day, I hope my knee ×2 and hip replacement are soon so I can get off this rubbish. Since I have been taking Lyrica I am now sleeping 2 out of 3 nights so I'm rapt. Only been on them a couple o weeks, I'm already a 122.8kg so I hope I don't put on any weight. Leon Melbourne Australia Oh here in Oz this medication is on our PBS and only costs $5.40 for 56 tabs. Feel sorry for u lot over seas. Peace&Love"

Leon July 15, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was crippled by anxiety and could not function at all until my doctor prescribed me pregablin. It has changed my life by 90% for the better. All other drugs like sertraline, duloxitine and citalopram had no effect and if anything made me worse. I would recommend anyone with an anxiety disorder to ask there doctor to prescribe them with pregablin as it begins to work in 30 minutes. I recommend you take it with an empty stomach as the drug absorbs better as some doesn't get mixed with food and loose some of its affect"

Xlpaul12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Had fibro for many years. But have a very stressful family life with disabled daughter and elderly mother. I had been given Gabapentine wish did nothing. I developed a severe abdominal pain caused by previous major surgeries. Apparently it was basically a ball of nerves healed wrong. So my go gave me pregabalin. Low dose didn't do much, so was increase to 150m x3 day. This was amazing. My pain in my abdomen went , my all over body pain decreased a lot. I went from barely walking to up to 3miles. I felt better. However I had to stop the occasional drink as the side effects were horrendous. Also if I cut down the pain came right back also with lethargy and headache. I was trying to loose weight which turned out to be almost impossible. So you have to pick your battles. Pain= No life. Or no pain and weight gain."

Plug (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I first had shingles for about 2 weeks with extreme pain. The doctor prescribed Lyrica and has worked fantastic for me and my postherpetic neuralgia for past 10 months. Not sure if it will ever go away and if I can be on Lyrica forever. I take 3 - 50 mgs of Lyrica per day."

Zigvalda (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Doc prescribed this Medication for my tingling in the toe's, works very well, only taken @night , Happy .!"

Robbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My horrible panic attacks and GenAD and SocialAD have been helped so much by this drug. I'm prescribed both lyrica and generic pregabalin. I take around 25-50mg and it reduces my SAD so much. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to live my life if my panic attacks and SAD continued at the level they were at; I was exhausted. My anxiety is of course still here and I still get panic attacks but it's less severe & the attacks less frequent. It also helps me sleep at night; having been incredibly insomniac since depression and anxiety came on (around 10 years ago) and in the last 2 years its been amazing waking up feeling rested and positive. Downside-slight thirst/dry mouth, also if I stop taking it cold turkey I get quite irritable but it goes away after a day if you're taken off it. When I first started taking it, it made me sleep for like 3 days (not literally an entire 3 days) as if my body was purging all of the tension and built up anxiety, allowing me to get a proper rest."

lara July 9, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was amazed at the pain relief I received after trying so many pain meds. But I gained 30 pounds in two months, constantly craving sugar. I’d be up in the night ravaging for anything to fill the needed. I started to stock up one certain drawer with candy of all sorts. I was so very sad to stop taking it - it was the first med to conquer my pain. Next was Cymbalta which helps to the same degree without uncontrollable cravings or notable side effects."

Cindymom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I had severe burning and pain in my feet and ankles. After taking 50mg twice a day the pain and burning decreased greatly. No I take it anymore due to the price it costs me $15.50 a pill. Which I can't afford . My insurance took out 1300 for 180 pills out ofmy prescription cap. If I ordered anymore I would go into the donut hole. I NEED HELP PAYING FOR THIS PILL THAT I CAN'T AFFORD. I NEED SOMETHING THAT WORKS???"

Duke (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I’m an example of Lyrica being a great help with minimal downside. I’m 67 and have been taking Lyrica at least 10 years, 75mg twice a day. Our friends at Pfizer are reaping a fortune by delaying the sale of the FDA approved generic. As I have had had neuropathic pain for decades and Lyrica is a monopoly, I want to puke every night when the commercial comes on. The drug works well, after two back surgeries, it takes away enough discomfort to make me pay the price."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "I was on Lyrica and it seemed to help a bit at first. Then I started to get so many horrible side effects; but stayed on because I was told that they would go away soon. They didn’t. I wasn’t depressed before starting this drug; but I was after being on it for awhile. I was a size 5 when I started taking Lyrica and I ended up being a size 13. Needless to say I was miserable. I am finally tapered off this drug."

cindy-59 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 27, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The pregabalin REALLY helped me. Then the results slowed down. The doc then raised my dose by 20%. All good for another 2 years. Results slowed doc raised dose 15%. All good for 5 more years. Now doc raised Lyrica 10% higher again and he also added 250MG Depakote (125 mg twice day) and I feel great! If pregabalin works you just need to stay ahead of "tolerance" and that is not hard at all. The higher the doses get the slower tolerance takes to come back each time. Eventually you become very "HYPER-STABLE". I feel very sorry for all the people stuck on the same tiny agonizing dose thus making them slip in and out of 4 or 5 tolerance waves per day also called inter-dose withdrawal. My doc told me to be brave and take more when needed. Yes I am dependent and life is GOOD. I am going to Jamaica for 3 weeks and have rented a 45 foot sail boat. Will do lots of scuba diving and fishing with my wife and 2 kids. LIFE IS GOOD when you listen to your doctor!"

Sir Edwin (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 26, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Got my life back. I used to feel like I was getting stabbed all over and took ages to get up and walk . Due to this medication I've been able to move and execise and gradually build up my strength again. Downside is brain fog, but I had that already so hey ho. The first few weeks were bad and I felt drunk but glad I got through that and been getting better gradually"

Lif (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Sometimes I got lucky in the past with SSRI's meds stopping my anxiety but over more recent years I found that the SSRI meds didn't seem to help much or at all with anxiety (or sometimes, actually made it worse!). However, pregabalin (150mg before bed, another 150mg on waking) has TOTALLY STOPPED my anxiety, which is amazing. I also take venlafaxine 150mg."

jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Like someone else has mentioned great for treating symptoms if IBS diarrhea. I take 450mg a day and find this really well on anxiety too."

Martin (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Pregabalin seems to work ok for anxiety although do feel a higher dose would kick the anxiety back a bit more (I'm on 300mg) but does take a good 60 minutes + to start to work. Also best on a empty stomach. Main side effects are memory impairment and loss of coordination, and constipation which is welcome after suffering chronic Diarrhea for 15 years. A good trade off instead of crippling anxiety. Great for pain relief for heavy periods when taken regularly. Have read all the horror stories when trying to come off it which isn't comforting but as everyones different hopefully I won't experience that too much. I take this along with other medication for agoraphobia, monophobia and has helped soo much"

Lunar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I began talking lyrica in small doses and told my doctor it wasn't working. Dr lowered dose and the nerve pain was excruciating. I went back to my regular dose twice a day however I still had the pain in my feet. Once they increased dose to 3 times a day the pain in my feet completely went away. I gained weight but since it stops the pain I will take it gladly. As for the memory loss I just give people I'm taking to the disclaimer "I'm medicated""

CEO Cee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "[ UK resident ] I've suffered from sporadic anxiety attacks for more than 40 years, and have been on Venlafaxine (for depression) for half of that time. The anxiety could start without warning and last for many hours (without any specific triggers) and I would sometimes try and booze my way out of it. No meds would bring relief during these periods. Five months ago I decided to go private and pay to see a psychiatrist for a 60-minute consultation. One of his suggestions was to try Pregabalin, starting at 50mg at night and rising to 150mg. I can honestly say I haven't had an anxiety attack since, and I'm generally calmer and more accepting of my depression. It's a great relief after 40 years of not knowing how I would fare from day to day."

Sumner (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Pregabalin is amonstrous drug. Anyone belittling its horror has luckily escaped. I was given Pregabalin for generalised anxiety disorder (I’m English), and trying to get off it is destroying me. I’ve tapered it so many times, only to get its nasty effects after a few days. I’ve drank alcohol (because it uses the same receptors and can give immediate relief), but there is nothing that really helps. It’s a diabolical medication that is currently ruling my life. I feel constantly anxious, frightened, I have a permanent headache, ‘flu like symptoms, pins and needles in my skin, problems with vision, the list goes on. I feel trapped. I’m desperate and feel there is nothing I can do. It’s a terrible drug. I was given it to reduce my anxiety after I lost two sons in tragic circumstances. I’m sure I would have been better off dealing with my grief in a natural way. It’s incredibly potent and addictive. I’m now doubting if I ever will get out of it after several attempts. ❤️"

Lizzywood June 17, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "At 62 I consider myself in excellent health . 9 months ago my right leg completely cramped while walking. Diagnoses after MRI, spinal stenosis, herniated disk between L4-L5 pressing on the nerve. Presently on Lyrica 125mg morning and night. This drug only controls the pain only a portion of the time. It is wearing off a couple of hrs before the next dose is due. Have experienced a weight gain of 12-15lb, (there is no being full sensation ) insomnia, dry mouth, losing my voice after talking 2-3min, involuntary hand & finger twitch, headaches, depression, a few strange dreams, and trouble concentrating. I still have a constant pain down my lower leg and occasional hip pain and a tingling big toe. Presently on my 2nd round of cortisone epidural injections. Walking more than 400 ft. with support is agony. Do I recommend Lyrica? Yes. Everyone's reaction to this medication is going to be different. For myself, the benefits although not as great as expected, outweigh the side effects."

Graywolf101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "This is the worst medicine for your body. First of all I had an ablation for my heart 8 years ago and I haven't had atrial fibrillation (A fib) since then. My pain management Dr put me on Lyrica I was taken three 50 mg tabs a day. Well two weeks into the medication I felt my heart racing I contacted the DR and told me it wasn't from Lyrica. I was monitoring my heart and I had proved him wrong - Lyrica will definitely raise your heart rate no doubt about it. I have been off it now for a week and guess what my heart is back to normal rhythm so the Dr was proven wrong. Stay away from this atrial fibrillation inducing medicine."

mikeyd60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I just started Lyrica on Monday. I had no pain on Monday and Tuesday nights so I was able to sleep better. Since I sit in a desk chair most of the day at home, my feet are on the ground most of the day and I don't have any pain or very little, but when I go to bed at night and raise my legs/feet, the pain would become quite bothersome, but now at least the last 2 nights have been much better."

wvrnsson (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have been taking Lyrica 75 mg for over 2 years for Diabetic Nueropathy in my feet and it seems like it gets worse when I take it. I have not taken it for the past 4 days and my feet feel great. I still have a little bit of numbness but they don't hurt like when I take the Lyrica. I've told my Dr that it was not working but continues to prescribe it. I may be looking for a new Dr for my neuropathy."

Babygirl1967 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have only taken Lyrica for 5 days now. Didn't notice anything at all until today. I was sitting at my desk working and I started feeling sleepy but didn't fall asleep. I would just stare at the computer. While doing so I notice I could not remember how to do my job. I literally sat there for 40 minutes look at one project and could not figure out what to do. Upon standing I felt off balance and my head felt clouded. While speaking to my boss I couldn't seem to find the right word to say. I went home and went right to sleep. Sleep like a baby for 2 solid hr. When I awoke I felt groggy with a little of the cloudy head feeling. The memory loss is what scared me the most. No matter what I did I could not figure out what to do. I only read one other post about the memory loss. This must not be a common side effect. I did take Gabapentin one time and it had a similar effect."

Dazed (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I found out that Lyrics works for me. Once you get over the side effects at the start. It really helps with my leg pain. Worth a try!"

txdap May 27, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Thank you for this site. I'm about to start Lyrica/Pregabalin 50mg for MS-related leg pain, stiffness and spasm. All the sites I've read so far have been horror stories! It's so good to have some hope! I mean, if it doesn’t work why do the NHS still prescribe it!??!!"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018