User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

5.9
Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 683 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Pregabalin

For Neuropathic Pain: "Painful Mortons Neuroma on left foot. Just started talking 25mg of Lyrica and within 48 hours I have noticed a severe decrease in the symptoms including the excruciating pain from simply walking. Very happy with decision to try this drug. No adverse reaction to date."

Shmuli (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I'm only taking 50 mg at night for my leg sciatica pain and I feel dizzy at times. I'm also using Dr. Ho TENS machine on my lower back for 40 minutes to scramble the signal pain. I think both are helping right now. I was on a higher dose over 300mg a few years ago and my hands and feet swelled up and I gained 30 pounds I can't get rid of now even with water pills, so I had to stop med. I've had shingles right when I turned 50 before I could get the Shingles vaccine which I recommend to everyone as shingles is painful! I took only Lyrica 25mg two or three times a day to stop the shingles pain, A low dose due to side effects from a larger dose."

CHERBEARS1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Helped slow me down so much that I was ignoring the pain. I didnt care about anyone or anything . Made me constipated. Just stopped taking it a week ago and dont feel anything bad. Feel much better now that I am off"

Feelmuchbetter July 15, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Taking it with ssri . best to take it at a low dose. find the right balance as you don't need it to overpower the ssri."

AlexRii July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Within a few days debilitating anxiety/panic stopped this drug has been tremendous I'd highly recommend this I've been lucky to have no side effects bn on this a month 2x75mg daily"

A..my. .. July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "i suffered from severe panic disorder which resulted in me being hospitalised multiple times from chest pain. I went on to have s complete mental breakdown, suffered crippling anxiety and had to give up my home and move back to my parents. At its peak, I couldn't leave my bed - I was shaking with fear, panic, worry. I spent hours reading reviews looking for hope. I was under the care of a psychiatrist who prescribed antidepressants (Mirtazapine - helped me sleep, Escitalopram - helped anxiety a little at 20mg) I was offered Xanax which helped enormously but I was worried about addiction. We then tried pregabalin - amazing! You will feel out of it for a few days which is uncomfortable. Stick with it and ramp up. 450mg-600mg is needed."

Alice32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Weight Gain as soon as I started taking Lyrica."

Rft3231 July 6, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Pregabalin is very effective for generalised anxiety disorder, the way it works for anxiety I found is it kind of stops you from thinking about it much and bothering you so much. However being on it for 9 months now I am now on 600 mg daily 2x a day but I have noticed it's given me emotional bluntness... Could be other drugs mingling with pregabalin aswel but I don't mind, I prefer being emotionally blunt. A good mate of mine died the other day and my emotions would'nt even trigger much, my grandad died 3 days ago I feel a bit upset but I should be is disarray because he was close to me. I'm sure its maybe a side effect. I get free prescriptions for life I think though as epileptic What lyrica does is basically dumb you down.. still reccom"

TheBarnzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

For Pain: "Helps me fall asleep, but doesn't control my pain as much as I would like."

stormy699 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 1, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "The nerve pain became so unbearable that it forced me to take lyrica despite the bad reviews and long list of negative side effects. I was told by many that it worked a lot better that neurontin with less drastic negative effects. Well, it has eased my pain some, but the side effects have taken my life from me. I'm dizzy at times, my head is always foggy and not clear thinking, I have depression, anger outbursts I've never had before, daily nausea, and am so tired that I can sleep all day and night long and can barely function. Unfortunately the alternative medications have even worse negative side effects, so what are we supposed to do in order to have some normalcy?"

Anonymous June 28, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medication has saved my life. Almost curing crippling depression. That I once had 3 months of ECT for. Depression for 30, yes 30 years. And I am 44. I have been on miriad of meds. All classes and try this and that. Then developed fibromyalgia. Which I'm glad God gave me. Because it led to me getting approved for this drug. Which helps with my panic anxiety. Which I was on klonopin for. Stopped it on my own. Stopped taking all antidepressants. I was on 3 different ones at once. I'm not in pain, physically or mentally. Weight gain yes. But I'll take that over living in side myself as if it was hell."

amazing experience June 27, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking Pregabalin (Lyrica) for over two years now. Pregabalin has helped me with the nerve pain in my feet. It does not take all the pain away. My feet still sting and burn on and off everyday. One time, I decided to slowly stop taking Pregabalin and take the generic drug, Gabapentin and my feet flared up by a 1000 percent. I asked my doctor if he could prescribe Pregabalin again. I have had zero/none side effects taking Pregabalin but recently I came across reading peoples "hellish/nightmare" experiences trying to wean and stop taking this drug. That scares me and I do not want to be dependent on this drug or any drug. I am going to slowly wean myself off and find other ways to deal with my nerve pain. Prayers needed!"

Anonymous June 24, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take another medication for my anxiety but after consultation with my psychiatrist I use Pregbalin for panic attacks. When I feel an attack coming I take 75mg then and again at bedtime. I don't, of course have panic attacks all the time so I'm not using them regularly.I took it a few years ago for anxiety for about 3 months and can't speak highly enough of its properties. It got me out of a hole and I'd sooner be fat than depressed. There are ways of losing weight!"

Hasbinder (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed this poison to help get off of benzodiazepines. How ironic is it that the withdrawal I've experienced from Lyrica (after long being off of benzos) is far worse than benzo withdrawal? Search the internet for all the support groups and forums (and active lawsuits) for Lyrica users and read about the absolutely life-crushing hell that so so many users have gone through. This is a truly horrible drug for so many. It has been for me. My advice is this: If your doctor suggests this drug for you, RUN!! I've read a lot of positive posts on this site about how helpful Lyrica is certain users. All I can say is just WAIT until you try and go off of it."

Asjf (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have nerve damage in my arms,'can't use them without fatigue. I have tried everything for the pain, nothing works well. Except for lyrica. I take 150mg twice a day and now the pain is so manageable that I get my life back. If you have really bad nerve pain that makes you feel depressed and debilitated give the medication a go! I have had a few side effects like memory fog but the pain relief is worth it!"

Zevii (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have had neuropathy for some time and tried a host of other medications before trying Lyrics. I was on it for slightly over 3 months with my dosage starting at 75 mg twice a day to 300 twice a day. Initially the pain was approximately 7-8 and the Lyrics got it to about a 5 routinely with some days worse. However I suffered from some of the side effects stated by it's manufacturer including dizziness, being off-balance at times, problems with sleep and concentration, and weight gain. (Approximately 20 pounds over 3 mos. and it's resulting effect on increasing my A1c.The) worst part was an increase in anger. After no subsiding of the side effects my Doctor suggested I cease using it. We are looking for alternatives."

James Robertson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica has done a great job on my Fibro pain, but I am trying to get off it primarily due to side effects. It has caused mymetabolism to slow down so I can't lose weight, chronic constipation, and terrible gas. I can't go around anymore farting everywhere I go. I'll live with the Fibro pain."

TMarie38 June 4, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lyrica seems to help with the pain, but it also has an effect of making my hands shake"

coloradohobo May 31, 2016

For Pain: "I've been on 75 mg twice a day for three months which took the edge off my sciatica but did little for lower back pain. A week ago my dosage increased to 150mg twice a day and my back pain is good and sciatica is gone. Additionally my general anxiety is eased. There's no worsening of my depression symptoms (I manage depression/anxiety with efexor). Aside from mild sedation I've had a great result from lyrica so far. Hope it continues working this well! :)"

Libby Hyett May 28, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I had shingles in January 2014. I have had terrible PHN ever since. 2.5 years of pain. It has been awful!! Shingles is the worst pain I have ever experienced and it isn't going away. I tried everything out there from Gabapentin to acupuncture, to percocet, to injections in my back and nothing helped, or it would help for a few weeks, but the pain always managed to come back strong. I was wary of Lyrica because of the side effects, but I finally decided to try it. It has definitely helped me and I can do things like ride my bike again with little pain. However, I have put on 8 lbs in 6 months and I am an extremely active person, so this is tough for me. I also have pain in my joints and sometimes my hands go numb, but less pain."

Cyclist 54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've read many opinions on this site most being negative towards this amazing medication. I have suffered from a trapped nerve near my waistband ( hip) and nothing I took or did could stop the pain / burning / tingling numbness from my hip to my knee cap. I declined surgery to remove the nerve and was placed finally on lyrica. I hesitated for 2 months before finally giving in to the medication because of all the negative reviews you read online.First two days i was on lyrica I had a small headache and dry mouth that is about it. after a week the dry mouth went away and I was left virtually pain free within 2 weeks. DON'T read into everything and hesitate to take thismedication.I have not gained a single pound and im pain free. im on 3 x 50mg"

Matt from canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've had problems with my feet burning for several years. Every year it was worse than the year before. It got to the point that I couldn't stand anything on my feet. Lyrica helped a lot, with much less frequency and severity of burning. Finally some relief. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue because of side effects. I had almost all side effects listed in the info sheet. Most I could have tolerated, but the ones I couldn't was weight gain, confusion, and fast progressing blurred vision. Also, I had severe clinical depression over 18 years ago until I received the correct antidepressant. I've had no depression since. However, the Lyrica caused it to return, although not as severe. It also caused anger flareups, very unlike me."

Anonymous May 11, 2016