User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

Epilepsy 3 reviews 41 medications

Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 840 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Pregabalin

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Locky was putting the frighteners on people who take this drug. Obviously this person has never had BAD or really bad anxiety, or he wouldn't spout all these untruths. People with BAD, like myself would take anything to rid themselves of this nasty illness, so please keep your negativity to yourself, as it's hard enough dealing with what BAD throws up each day"

Stevie r (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Hi all Have been on 300 mg pregabalin for Neuropathy and Brain Zaps, for 12 months , not to bad at first on a very low dose of 50 mg but still having brain Zaps went up to 300 mg a Day in in stages then 6 months ago started getting bad Tinnitus then Loud Drumming in the middle of my Head constant ,in short sent to Ear Specialist and given pain killers told I have lost low tones in left ear problem with Pregabalin permanent loss. As the side affects were now getting worse than any benefits I decided that I should stop this Drug which I did over 3 months, now off but no sleep ,sweats , headaches, pain worse than before. My advise is stay off look for alternative coming off is worse than starting . 2 stars given for start of treatment,"

R50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "I've been prescribed Lyrica 300mg morning and night also Amitriptyline 10mg for TN pain. Before taking these meds life was near unbearable to live. The meds do come with some side affects, short term memory loss and sometimes blurred vision being the worse. I've thankfully not had issue with weight gain. You have take the good with the bad sometimes. Without the prescribed meds life would be hell."

Miroku July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Was put on pregabalin for severe anxiety and panic attacks. Slowly got the dose up to 300mg per day, spaced out into three 100mg doses. I felt better for about a week - then back to an anxious wreck. Pregabalin makes me seriously tired I can sleep throughout the whole day. I feel a little detatched from others and spaced out often. Really don't like the effects it has on me but scared to stop taking it now! Also have suffered severe oral thrush and acid reflux since starting the meds. I know it works well for others so maybe its just not the right med for me! Just to add I also take 40mg citalopram along side pregabalin."

Emzaaliyah123 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have sciatica and I've been taking this medication (150 mg per day) for several weeks and have very few side effects except for blurred vision (close up, though my long distance vision is fine). Which is a challenge as my job requires quite a bit of computer work. I am wondering if this will last as long as I am on this medication."

Heldie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking it for my anxiety when nothing else worked and its change my life in so many ways! my anxiety is gone for the first time in my life, and I'm not sedated or high. I just feel normal. My anxiety got so bad it was causing severe stomach problems, I almost had my gallbladder removed. Not only did it cure my anxiety, my stomach issues are gone, as well as my IBS that was a seperate issue, my restless legs are gone!!! GONE, RLS was torture, it stopped me from going to movies or on planes.. but that's not even the best part! My chronic leg pain which I saw many specialists about when I was young and had since given up on IS GONE! I thought I had to live in pain forever. My life is drastically improved. No words can explain"

embop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I've been suffering from 24/7 muscle pain (chronic upper body tension, spasms, muscle pain, headaches, etc.) everyday for 8 years. I started Lyrica 3 weeks ago at 50 mg 2x a day. Other than a little fuzzy fibro brain, which is not uncommon for me, I've had no major side effects at all. I bumped it up to 50 mg in the a.m. At the 2 week mark, I wasn't feeling much better, so I bumped the dose another 25 mg a day in the a.m. for a total of 75 mg a day. Oh my God ... I haven't felt this good in years!! it's been about a week now, and I don't want to jinx it, but, honestly, Lyrica is life-changing for me ... and I haven't gained a single pound!"

LooLoo22 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have been on Lyrica almost 2 1/2 years. When I first started it I was really skinny so weight gain didn't bother me but now I have gained over 25 lbs which is not good at all. I am going to go back to Gabapentin which helped me get off morphine. My eyes are dry and blurry. I fart all the time and I am fat! I was off of it the beginning of the year and I was hurting but side affects are too much."

Kelly 2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica really has changed my life by allowing me to sleep at night without all the leg pain. Having both fibromyalgia and neuropathy is a lot of pain but combined with my other meds I no longer suffer from nerve pain."

Lonzo angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I started taking lyrica 25mg 2 weeks ago. I was sleepy day 1, took nap. Next day 25mg felt well and energetic. I'm combining low dose which a massage every 2 weeks. I'm interested in what others have to say about long term use at a low dose."

Murr61 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "My mum has been taking Lyrica for around three years. It has been a huge problem! Drugs.com has a page on Lyrica's Side Effects yet it doesn't mention is that it can cause a stroke. My mum has had three mini strokes. It has given her dementia, incontinence, she can't walk properly etc. She has many of the side effects mentioned. The doctor is slowly taking her off Lyrica and she almost back to herself."

Poszike June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have more then just fibromyalgia. Major back surgery in 2007 a Lammectomy/Spinal Fusion with 2 Herninated Disc. I was good for a long time. About 2014 all my joints hurt, my ankles felt like a match stick. So for the Lyrica they are giving me 600 mg a day for Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica Neuralgia, Neuropathy, lower lumbar back pain ( which I feel does not work on my back) I'm 47 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I feel much less pain and able to get my day started a lot easier. I just hope it continues to help with the pain."

Bella Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Been taking lyrica for 4 months now for carpel tunnel and neuropathy in hands and feet. It is no good. It has not stopped the pain at all, makes me so dizzy I am afraid to drive my car, legs swell like balloons, and have gained over 30 pounds in 3 months. A clinical research was recently done in Australia on lyrica (for Acute and Chronic Sciatica) and the findings stated it had the same effect as the research subjects getting placebos or sugar pills. The makers have racked in 3 billion dollars on it. I told my doc it isn't working but he still prescribes it to me, finding another doc this week. I just got a months supply, 90 pills 3 times a day, 150 mg at a cost of $1,111.19. Biggest drug ripoff in history."

mspighee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hi I have been on pregabalin for over a year. Started at 75 mgs and thought it was going to work but it only lasted 1 day. I got up to 150 mgs twice a day with no positive effect. I am now down to 100 mgs twice a day. I have had no weight gain. I am on a few other meds but I still suffer daily with this awful anxiety. I am trying transcranial magnetic simulation right now and have about 3 weeks of treatments left, it hasn't helped me yet. The only thing that works for me is benzodiazepines and I become tolerant very quickly."

Nutbar May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have Fibromyalgia and developed horrific back/sciatic pain last year. I started taking lyrica about 3 months ago and within a week,I could walk properly. I could sleep, I could exercise and I thought it had fixed everything. Then my elbow started hurting. I just thought I'd strained it at the gym. The pain became excruciating. Then it hit the other arm until 3 days ago when it got so bad, I couldn't move my arms properly. It felt like my arms were inflamed from my shoulders to my finger tips. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the arm pain is starting to go. But the back pain is starting to come back. I also have had no idea what day it is for the last 3 weeks which I thought was stress but suspect is the lyrica."

Emeeoh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have suffered from headaches for years with relief with Excedrin. However, I was taking up to 8 at the onset to keep it from becoming a migraine. I'm really surprised that the Drs didn't tell my about "Excedrin abuse" since I told all that I was taking that much. However, when prescribed Lyrica for fibro pain, my headaches were gone to maybe 3 a week. So I highly recommend this for serious headache problems. Does help with Fibro pain. But, weight gain and dry mouth are my biggest side effect and is to the extent that I almost want to go back to 8 Excedrin a day. Hope this helps someone!"

Sandymc1963 May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I started this drug ten years ago and gave rave reviews then so would like to again. I was able to manage my FM through diet, exercise and adequate sleep through most of my 20's. One day I pushed myself too hard at work, and I got to what I call "final stage". Half hour after getting a shot of Dilodid in the ER I was still crying and writhing. Doctor came in and sat down looking worried. "There's probably nothing more you can do for me." I said "No, there's not." She sent me home with maximum doses of every painkiller on the planet-nothing got rid of the deep burning aching pain. It hurt to stand, sit, walk, lie down. I laid in bed for days not knowing what to do. I tried Lyrica. That pain has been gone ever since. I got my life back."

Painless A (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Had a motorcycle accident at the age of 15. Had no problems until I reached 40 years old. Started feeling pains and aches in my legs. That progressed for the next 10 years. Started to be unable to lift heavy things without causing strain in the back. Eventually was unable to sit down or lay down comfortably. Had tried several types of pain relieving medications but they cause more symptoms like stomach problems. Had over 500 Xylocaine needles injected into my spine and butt bone. Had to get those needles at least every 2 weeks period I am no longer in an area where the service is available. My doctor put me on Lyrica and it is like Miracle medication. It is not only taking away my pain but it's also giving me energy and motivation."

Nightshawks (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I had been on Morphine for fibro and it helped a lot but my doctor took me off it and I got on Lyrica. I only take one 75mg at night. I was taking it 3x day and I got so flaky I had problems with remembering things and had a HUGE appetite . I have always been slender and I did lose a lot of weight a few years ago so it was ok to gain weight again. But my appetite is still pretty big now. It helps with the pain. I had tried gabapetin and was taking it 3 times a day and started hallucinating . It was crazy so I got off that but it did help to get off morphine so I might go back on it and just take it twice a day. Since I am 70 and poor I get my Lyrica free. It helps a lot of people but then you have those crazy side effects."

Kelly 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia, this was the worst medication I have ever taken! Within a few days, my anxiety levels were through the roof . I had other side effects too but I can't recall what they were now - it's been a horrendous year."

Big A 47 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed for nerve pain in my foot after an accident and after being weened off opioids. (I like them.. but hate them!, can see how they can become addictive!) I honestly didn't think pregabalin would be effective but I noticed immediately it helping with the pain in my foot where I'm sure there is nerve damage as well as in my arm where I broke it. Later on in the day I set about doing a chore and realized my anxiety was gone. I mean I still had worry but it was managable? Hard to explain. Started off at 300 mg a day and went up to 450 a day then after a few weeks it was like my anxiety worsened.(I have GAD and take Clonazepam) I was going to go off the Pregbalin but I'm down to 100mg in the morning 50mg at dinner and 50 mg at night. Ok so far"

D in Canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "It's sad when people write a drug of because their experience was negative. With nerve pain of any kind there are different levels of pain in which the body can get to, sometimes I have muscle spasms with and without pain, in My face, my legs, my back neck n shoulders, my eyes to. I even vomit as a result is severe pain. My vision is blurred my breathing and anxiety levels affected greatly, LYRICA make most of this go away. Please understand not all meds suit every individual so you have to try different things till one works for you. I also took lyrica in pregnancy n have a healthy chubby lil baby boy 100% a ok this med gave me part of my life back. Living with pain is crucifying but living with lyrica is a solution !!! For me anyway"

a.cai May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was taking Lyrica following a trial of Cymbalta failed miserably. I was titrated up to 150 mg twice a day. 4 days following the last increase in dose I noticed substantial foot and lower leg swelling. I promptly stopped taking the medication following consulting my physician."

Nurseboy May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've had 6 spine surgeries in 5 yrs. I suffer from neuropathy and nerve pain to severe levels. With this new trend, by an insensitive Congress, to take away opioids I couldn't imagine being without Lyrica. The only side effect is memory loss, only short term memory. I don't mind. If you suffered my pain you wouldn't either. I've never felt high and taken it for 5 yrs. 75mg x 3 daily. I'm grateful for it. I would suffer so bad w/o it."

DjayR (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 12, 2017