User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

Epilepsy 3 reviews 39 medications

Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 701 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Day 1, Neuropathy specialist at Cornell hospital NY , came home with Lyrica. by end of the day I could see some changes on my pain. Day 2, Pain was gone but I was very sleepy not able to concentrate. Day 3, slept all day could not keep my balance and my dreams was almost real. Day 4, very sleepy and unresponsive, it was so bad that I could not feel my low blood sugar until all my body was shaking and I needed help to take sugar. Day 5, STOP taking the dame thing. Day 6, Pick up the phone, called my doctor and used every word I have learned in English on him and those scientist, who came up with this IDEA. Instead of spending their time and knowledge to fin cure for diabetes, they just look for accommodating, Just to make MONEY."

Cia Pak (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I had overwhelming pain with FM. Taking Lyrica has changed my life as the pain is fairly well controlled. Yes I put on weight. Was it this drug? not so sure. As the pain decreased I had a better appetite, however my exercise would never be enough to consume those calories. You have to exercise carefully. So now after 4 years I have decided to take control and reduce calories to equal my physical activity. I have a dietician and I AM loosing the weight. I have no other side affects from Lyrica at all."

fmm342 August 26, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I will start off by saying it did cause weight gain. My clothes fit the same but the number on the scale went up about 7-10 pounds depending on the day. I cannot say this is solely because the drug- I think I can safely say that this is because my pain has improved so drastically that I have appetite again. I can keep the weight off if I really want to, but I am not overweight and I am content with my appetite finally being back after years of struggles that I don't think it's a problem. Regardless, I have been on lyrica for almost a year now. It has drastically improved my nerve pain, joint stiffness and swelling (along with a gallon of water a day), appetite, energy, and sleep. I am not pain free but no fibromyalgia patient truly ever is pain free but my pain has gone from an average of 8-9 down to a 4-5 on my good days. My flare ups are far less frequent and I only experience them once every two or so months which is a huge improvement over every other week. The length of the flare ups is also shortened from 3-5 days down to 2 days maximum. At the beginning of taking the medicine I was slightly drowsy but nothing dangerous. I only take it once a day and I am trying to keep it that way to avoid moving up to 2 doses a day. Lyrica is my miracle drug and has definitely given me my life back. My biggest complaint is the cost and insurance but it could be worse. It costs me $2 a day to feel normal again."

lauren165 August 24, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "i have been on lyrica for just over two weeks now.i have pain and pins and needles down my left side.i think it has helped marginally.i have not gained weight or suffered from sleepnesses"

mickspain60 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Awful drug , mess you mind up. Pain or sanity you choose"

Jimbobp11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have herpes zoster and my Dr prescribes Lyrica, for the nerve endings. I took the capsules 1 day (2days ago) and after I woke up the next morning, I was completely disorientated, neuasious and vomiting, sleepy, drowsy, forgetful, having uncontrallable shakes in hands and fingers. I thought it will get better soon if I do not take it again. My husband took me to work where I slept the whole time. I had dry nose and mouth, couldnt eat or drink, muscle stiffness drunk feeling, and walking abnormal. I stopped taking it and feeling today better. Could have a shake for breakfast."

JC van Straten (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year. My old doctor prescribed me Cymbalta and it didn't work. I was off from work for 2 months because of the pain. All I did was layed in bed suffering. Seemed like I would never have my normal life back. I went to another doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica it lessened the pain within a day or two. Now I have some of my life back. I still have a little pain but Lyrica has helped me and changed my life."

Litalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica was my miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 5 years and have tried everything. Anti depressants, exercise, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica. But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, blurry vision, bad judgement which causes accidents to my fingers and toes I have recently had difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. She said stop daytime and only take at bedtime. every other night till I ween off. My quality of life has worsened. I have started Chondroiden, MSM powder and ALpha Lipoid"

ccrichwine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I had a Triple Arthrodesis (triple fusion in my foot), and because so many nerves had to be cut, my foot was on fire. I was originally given Nuerotin, which I took, and it bottomed out my blood pressure, I was rushed to the ER unconscious, and kept there until I was okay. Needless to say, I discontinued it, and was given Lyrica....but that made me nervous as well. With my pain over a 10, and the inability to sleep, I decided to try it. I slept well, my pain is decreased some, but isn't gone. I'm only at day 3, and I'm pretty dizzy, sick to my stomach, and sleepy, but that's all so far. I do hope it helps my pain a little more, it's about an 8 now, so we shall see! I'm glad to hear some good stories."

Chele1981 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Week one of increase of dose from 100-200mg a day, feel very strange, hyperactive, difficulty concentrating and feel like sh#t really! I take it for crippling anxiety, manic depression and agoraphobia, along with 150mg of sertraline, 15mg of mirtazepine, hope I get used to the dosage increase"

Slightly mad? August 8, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have nerve pain in both legs due to nerve toxicity caused by levoflox two months ago which makes my life miserable and gave me unparalled stress and insomnia. I took 75 mg lyrica twice a day and this reduced my pain almost completely. However due to several side effects I am afraid to continue taking it but I don't have a choice coz the other medicines too have as terrible side effects. Its so discouraging that so far science has not been able to find a cure. By treating a particular health problem the side effects are bringing other bothersome problems too"

dhany August 6, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been using Pregabalin for about 6 weeks and I have found it highly effective with my anxiety. I have had very little side effects. I have found that as my anxiety is worry,overthinking and my mind constantly racing. It has slowed down my rate of thinking and worrying, whilst I am aware they are there I find I am able to process them easier and thoughts become less irrational. Coupled with some CBT therapy I find this medication highly effective. The only thing to be wary of is on higher doses (I'm on 75mg) they can have a drunk feeling effect and so I asked my Dr to prescribe me with a lower dosage for daytime (incase of driving or working etc) so I take 25mg in the day and the 75mg at night and find this works for me."

Lolly1979 August 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Tried several antimdepressants, lofepramine, duloxetine, prozac,amitriptylene, effexor. All,gave bad side effects, felt like a zombie. Had tom top. Psychiatrist now trying pregabalin but from first dose feel spacey, out of it, drunk. Not sure its for me."

Gangan (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed Pregabalin for my GAD, I was told it would make me feel calm. I've been titrating up over quite a long period of time, I'm now on 300mg twice daily and have found it to be completely ineffective. It has made no difference to my anxiety, and has perhaps made me more tearful."

Beeble13 July 29, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago. Tried gabapentin, Cymbalta, muscle relaxers and opiates. Doc finally had me gave me lyrica (after I had to try everything else first) ams at first, it worked. I did feel "high" but that slowly went away. After approx. 2 weeks of 75mg a day, I had horrible side effects..feeling depressed, like people were talking about me or didnt like me, had no memory or wasn't able to concentrate but what finally got me to stop was I had thoughts of driving my car off of a hill that i drive down daily. I may suffer from pain so intensely that I cry all the time, can't leave my home at times or feel blue because of it, but I had never thought of taking my own life. I stopped immediately despite my docs orders."

Anonymous July 29, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I took Lyrica for 8-9 months, then around the 5th month unknowingly it was Lyrica doing all kinds of bodily function damage, feeling unwell, swelling, cramping, kidneys, liver and bladder hurt. Then I realized I no longer want to be poisoned, so I stop taking it and it is hellish trying to get off. Wouldn't let my dog take it! Stay away from it! It's pure poison to your body and BRAIN as well. Very low functioning! It needs to be taken off the market!"

Poisonmed July 28, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "My heart goes out to anyone who has the kind of pain that necessitates taking this drug and if it has helped you I am glad to hear that. It did nothing for me except give me insomnia, make me forgetful, and increase my neuropathy pain and burning. I already have difficulty sleeping because of neuropathy and L5 compression agony. This pill made it worse. I took 50 mg at bedtime for about a week. The doctor said it takes a while to get into the system. I'm not waiting that long. It's not working, I don't like it, and I don't trust it."

Outside (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "Painful Mortons Neuroma on left foot. Just started talking 25mg of Lyrica and within 48 hours I have noticed a severe decrease in the symptoms including the excruciating pain from simply walking. Very happy with decision to try this drug. No adverse reaction to date."

Shmuli (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I'm only taking 50 mg at night for my leg sciatica pain and I feel dizzy at times. I'm also using Dr. Ho TENS machine on my lower back for 40 minutes to scramble the signal pain. I think both are helping right now. I was on a higher dose over 300mg a few years ago and my hands and feet swelled up and I gained 30 pounds I can't get rid of now even with water pills, so I had to stop med. I've had shingles right when I turned 50 before I could get the Shingles vaccine which I recommend to everyone as shingles is painful! I took only Lyrica 25mg two or three times a day to stop the shingles pain, A low dose due to side effects from a larger dose."

CHERBEARS1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Helped slow me down so much that I was ignoring the pain. I didnt care about anyone or anything . Made me constipated. Just stopped taking it a week ago and dont feel anything bad. Feel much better now that I am off"

Feelmuchbetter July 15, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Taking it with ssri . best to take it at a low dose. find the right balance as you don't need it to overpower the ssri."

AlexRii July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Within a few days debilitating anxiety/panic stopped this drug has been tremendous I'd highly recommend this I've been lucky to have no side effects bn on this a month 2x75mg daily"

A..my. .. July 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "i suffered from severe panic disorder which resulted in me being hospitalised multiple times from chest pain. I went on to have s complete mental breakdown, suffered crippling anxiety and had to give up my home and move back to my parents. At its peak, I couldn't leave my bed - I was shaking with fear, panic, worry. I spent hours reading reviews looking for hope. I was under the care of a psychiatrist who prescribed antidepressants (Mirtazapine - helped me sleep, Escitalopram - helped anxiety a little at 20mg) I was offered Xanax which helped enormously but I was worried about addiction. We then tried pregabalin - amazing! You will feel out of it for a few days which is uncomfortable. Stick with it and ramp up. 450mg-600mg is needed."

Alice32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016