User Reviews for Pregabalin systemic

1 review 0 medications
Small Fiber Neuropathy

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 6.9 1,068 reviews

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have been taking Lyrica for a little over 2 years now for lower back pain. I started off taking 100mg in the morning 100mg at lunch and 100mg at bedtime. I now take 300mg in the morning and 300mg at bedtime. I can definitely feel the difference when I take it and when I don't. I had Laser Spine surgery 4 months ago and had to stop taking it, but I still have nerve damage, so I am still taking Lyrica. I have never had any of the symptoms people are commenting about. This medicine has really helped me."

Feeling better (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been using Lyrica for GAD for about 4-5 years. My normal dose is 200 mg daily. Works great! I also have diabetes and foot pain. It helps the pain some. Occasionally I cut back the dosage to cut costs and I'll take 100 mg per day. I will become a bit more anxious as the day passes and when the 24 hours is up, I need a dose. I have some balance issues, I am 78 years old and not real steady on my feet, balance is not great. Not sure if Lyrica is causing balance/coordination problems, but they cropped up about the same time I began taking Lyrica. I'll deal with balance problems over my old anxious self."

JimmyD947 February 8, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I’m a mess I have several issues medically CRPS (Chronic regional pain syndrome) in my left limbs my arm wrist & fingers are non functional due to a carpal tunnel procedure it went untreated so it spread to my leg & foot ,Fibro as well as deg disc disease. My mobility is 200ft is the furthest I can walk. I have a new PCP I’m on Fentanyl trans patch 25 mcg last 4 yrs I just started lyrica. My issue is gaining weight it’s already a struggle to walk & i can’t carry extra weight else I won’t be able to walk. I’m prescribed 50mg 3x a day I just wanted to know about weight gain I appreciate any feedback"

Kh (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Biggest scam on earth! I had suicidal thoughts and went into massive depression while using Lyrica. Lyrica has been found to be ineffective in numerous research papers and linked to depression and suicide. It does great in the market because of the phenomenal kickbacks Pfizer offers to doctors to push its sales (an expensive medicine with no generic alternative and claiming to cure a patient in extreme pain, is a great way to milk the market). Pfizer spent $2 billion in marketing this drug by offering doctors & family free vacations, was found guilty and fined $1 billion by US supreme court. PLEASE STOP USING LYRICA AND CHANGE THE DOCTOR WHO RECOMMENDED IT TO YOU! (if you refuse to believe me do some research on Pfizer eg "Pfizer Pays $2.3 Billion to Settle Marketing Case""

Hardyboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed pregabalin for ANXIETY and nerve damage ... 150mg in morning then 75mg night. Well to say the least my mum noted was that I very rushy all the time, I never thought it was the pregabalin until I came off them which was a struggle. I've now calmed down instead of thinking I'm invincible and rushing all over the place . Everyone kept saying 'you need to calm down' , anyway I'm off them. Stay clear of them if u have anxiety !!! "

Wobbles (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Epilepsy: "Awesome Medication! Decreased my seizure activity substantially, and was more effectively then the hydrocodone products I was originally prescribed after a severe leg fracture pain. The decrease in pain took less than a month! It was as effective or more effective compared to Norco. I can't wait for this generic to come to market! Last note. Awesome control of my MDD and anxiety!!!"

Rebuilt101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I found this to be better help than valium. It must be took correctly tho as mixing with alcohol or any other drugs totally reverse the positive effect these tablets can give. I've now been refused them so now I'm a single mum of two 3 and under and I'm currently not on any medication. I feel so let down to find something that works and now a new dr to telsl me he won't prescribe me them even when I was pregnant. They have now set me back years. And I had only just managed to get where I was and now it's only a matter of time before I loose everything."

Pfurness (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I wondered if suffering anxiety\panic was a form of weakness but then read these reviews here and feel people like us wouldn’t choose in 100 years to suffer what we do so it must be an illness that needs treatment. I’ve been on pregabalin for maybe 7/8 years - 600mgs daily - two capsules. It has been a considerable help. I’ve been lucky in life - I’m 70 now and have a great partner (37 years) managed to hold down a job in MH work at basic grade level and now retired on a good pension. But anxiety /panic has blighted my life and seems to have got worse now I’m older. Like most people I have searched for ‘cures’ - anti depressants (no help but don’t decry their use if they help others) various herbal remedies, acupuncture, meditation, therapy, tranquillisers (emergency use only) hypnotherapy, yoga, Pilates, pool swimming etc etc. I find exercise of help and the pregabilan."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have been on this for more than 15 years. I have only very slowly increased the dose over this time and I have found it to be very effective at reducing the, all the time, low to medium level pain. It doesn't always cover the high end, less frequent, pain but I can cope with that. No pain killer is going to stop all pain. I can work and function. Without it I am unable to to do the things I love."

Helen (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have read through the first page of reviews and will continue on to get a well-rounded set of opinions. My story is similar to that of several others here. I will share a few unique elements to give you a better picture of my experience to date. Variables: I have chronic pelvic pain 48-year old female Today's date: 1/17/2019 Started Lyrica 1/11/2019 (first dose in the evening) Time on Lyrica: 6 days as of this post Extremely low blood pressure (lifelong)"

CBC (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've suffered from GAD for 20 years tried everything but this is far the best. This works. Take it to make your life more happy. Don’t suffer in silence. I take 300 mg in a morning and 300 mg at teatime and if I have to stay on it to give me a good quality of life, then I will."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Pain: "I took this medication for 3 days and stopped immediatlely because it cause horrible pain in my kidneys. I now have no feeling in my penis and cannot get an erection or feel anything at all in that area. Will this go away? I'm freaking out"

aKomenda7 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "This is a horrible drug. Not effective unless you increase your dose. All kinds of side effects, including withdrawal. I have been tying to get off this for 20 months. Rehabs won't touch a dependent person. I'm only half way down to 75mg a day. Cost is killing me. $650 month. I have lost 40 lbs due to vomiting and diarrhea! Don't take it! This is my worst nightmare ever!"

Honeymine January 7, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have anxiety, depression an severe panic attacks as well as really bad headaches. I'm on estalopram 20mg one a day & pregabalin 75mg two a day. I've been on them just over 2 weeks & also they have calmed my anxiety & panic attacks down. I'm still getting panic attacks throughout the day, sometimes with sickness. I'm not sure if I need a higher dosage or change of meds"

Belfast32 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've been using lyrica for almost a year for my chronic neck & shoulder pain unfortunately every time the dr increased my dosage the worse the pain got to the point I couldn’t function at all & was really scared that I’d end up paralysed I have now changed to amiltriptyline which for the 1st time in a very long time I slept through the night & woke up without being in excruciating pain which consumed every minute of every day The pain is not gone but I can co-exist wit the pain now at least until my neck surgery"

Mizz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I suffer bipolar and anxiety. With my anxiety I experience full body aches and pains, but specifically to one of my legs - which brings about OCD as I have constant obsessive thoughts about the leg. Anyway, pregabalin along with other meds has taken away the pain and reduced the OCD thoughts... I've tried a lot of meds and pregablin has given me a sense of hope for the time being!!"

Herb (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I took lyrica for a year and within that year I gained 35 pounds and had problems sexually . It barely helped my nerve pain, but every time I tried to stop taking it I got terrible withdrawals , so I would start back taking it . After my weight kept climbing I had enough and finally made myself endure the withdrawals. I’ve been off it a week and already lost 10 pounds and feel better already . Horrible medicine for me . Diazepam works lots better for me without the side effects ."

Karo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 23, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Here is my one year review. I mentioned in an earlier review that I was having success after a month. I rarely feel anxious since starting pregablin. On the bad days, It doesn’t stop it completely, but reduces it to an bearable minimum. It really is a wonder drug and far more effective than SSRIs. I don’t plan on ever coming off it. I take 150mg twice a day. Fair play to everyone with an anxiety disorder, it is such a crippling and soul destroying illness. This medication can do wonders! Only side effect is slight weight gain."

D88 December 19, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I've used Lyrica for over 2 years now. If anything my pain got worse. I just stopped taking it last month. Was taking 150 mg 3 times daily. Have no idea where to go next. Waiting to see my Dr for something new."

sgt (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lifesaving for neuropathic pain after spinal cord injury. Allows me to walk and work for the past 5 years. Slowly tapering now. So thankful to informed specialists."

JB (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The doctor first put me on 25-50mg x 2 a day for the anxiety associated with my OCD symptoms. I didn't feel any change in my symptoms so he increased the dose to 125mg x 2 a day. I felt a change in my symptoms and I went from complusively pacing for four to six hours a day to going to less than an hour a day. This drug is a miracle. Although I do feel some drowsiness and sleepiness. Pregablin changed my life."

Obsessive compulsive schizoaff (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lyrica has made my pain worse in a way because I'm being forced to take it because it actually works, but it is not worth the side effects. The choice has become live in chronic pain or lose your sanity. I'll take the pain until I find something that works for me. Simple poison ."

Downtrodden (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "This drug has poisoned me for the last 7 months. It does help with neuropathy in my feet and all the narcotics they give me tho. The steroids they pump into my spine is not worth the side effects either. "

Downtrodden (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Been on lyrica for 6 months or so and I did get quite of bit of relief from it. I have had peripheral neuropathy now for 12 or 13 years now and have been on all kinds of meds . I take methadone 10 mg 4 times a day and was on lyrica 150mg 3 times a day. I could not tolerate this drug very well at 450 mg a day as it made me swell up in my feet. So no I take two 150 mg. And now my swelling is gone but I am back to having dark thoughts and feelings of dread. Depressed , I don't know whether to do hang in there because it does help with the pain or maybe get changed to something else."

Downtrodden (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

For Spondylolisthesis: "I started on the low dose of 75mg twice daily and did not feel any benefit from it. As have not yet been on Pregablin dose of 150 mg daily it has not been long enough to feel the effects of it I wait with crossed fingers and hope."

Backpain+ (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018