User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica, Lyrica CR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia

Dercum's Disease

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Pregabalin reviews 7.2 883 reviews

Reviews for Pregabalin

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Took citalopram for 6 years, killed my anxiety for about 5, the last year just stopped working and I was tiring of the side effects (blunted emotions, no libido). Decided this year I want to come off them for good. I've tried many times in the past unsuccessfully. I take 150 - 200mg a day - different times depending on how I feel that day. Sleeping better, emotions have come back and I am not an anxious wreck! very helpful and no side effects. Today I am having a little bit of a rough day with anxiety but I am safe in the knowledge that Pregablin will prevent it from escalating and that I can safely ride the wave until it passes, thanks to this amazing drug"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I wad prescribed Lyrica after being newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am taking it before bed and do not feel any better!"

Wenzer (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "After 20 years of worsening migraines and fibromyalgia symptoms, pregabalin has been a miracle. I have gone from suffering 2-3 debilitating migraines per week to zero migraines. Yes zero! 50mg per day was not enough so my neurologist raised the dose to 100 mg/day and that is just right. It took just over a week for the drug to kick in. Pregabalin also helps regulate my adrenal glands and calms my Crohn's/IBS symptoms. I feel like a new person after suffering for so many years. Initial side effects were feeling stoned and wonky vision that made it hard to read. My body adjusted after a few days. I sleep deeply all night and no longer snore. Bladder gets real full as kidneys work hard to eliminate the drug. Fibromyalgia pain is 95% gone"

Rikshaw (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Lyrica has helped with my anxiety but I have Leg and back pain. Maybe related to Lyrica."

Gunner2919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have suffered from progressive neuropathy over the last 5 years to where it finally became intolerable, particularly in my feet and legs, and starting to spread to my arms and even my face. I now have a doctor who has prescribed Lyrica for me for the last 4 months. At a starting dose of 75mgs twice daily there was noticeable relief. Still hurting, however, my dosage was increased to 300 mgs twice daily which has successfully reduced the pain so that I am able to function at a higher level than I have experienced in years with minor side effects, the most annoying of which is sleepiness. I am grateful and relieved to have been introduced to Lyrica and to have insurance that will cover it as it is obscenely expensive."

JTL November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "Taking pregablin for restless legs is great and works for me ....but I do have to keep a check on my weight because it cause weight gain"

Kirasaki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have spinal stenosis, my spine is cracked on both sides of my spine as well as a bulging disc pushing on the cracks, Fibromyalgia and some form of arthritis. Lyrica packed on the pounds, blurred vision, constantly tired , my body aches more when I take lyrica. I use cannibis oil CBD form it helps with inflammation , it sure helps considerably better with no side effects! The cbd form does NOT get you ‘stoned, high, or buzzed’ it removes the pain. I am extremely grateful for my Cannibis oil, the effects last longer then lyrica tooo! I can enjoy my grandkids again!"

GypsyLany (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking Lyrica for many years. Many years before it became a controlled substance. I did go to Mexico to get it refilled just because it was cheaper. The last time I asked for a prescription my rheumatologist said he wouldn't refill it so I thought I would go to Mexico again. I never did because in the back of my mind I knew I should check this out first. I live in a small enough town that there is not a lot of rheumatologists. So I thought I would get a new doctor but there are only 2 other doctors, one is leaving this week and the other is 70 years old (I am 73) and that made me make another appointment with my current doctor. I need to talk to him first. I have been off of Lyrica for over a month am I going through withdrawl?"

crisdowr (taken for 10 years or more) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been on Gabrika with different doses between 50mg, 75mg, and 100mg, it didn't help that much with sleep at night or with reducing stress or anxiety but it made me gain weight which was the reason to stop taking it, it didn't help me relief from the stiffness or chronic fatigue I was suffering from"

Fibro85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I got shingles on my scalp left side forehead and eye. I was in hospital for 5 days on an IV for both antivirus and antibiotics. The doctor had said that it was the worse shingles he had seen. After the scabs had gone I was Prescribed lyrica. I take 300mg at night and 25mg in the morning. It has been 5 weeks since I developed shingles and my face and scalp are still numb. I have intermittent pain shocks. I believe the lyrica is effective as I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't take it. I'm not sure how long I am suppose to take this but I imagine by other feedbacks that it could be months."

1st time shingles October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've tried sertraline, amitriptyline and trazodone for depression and anxiety in the past, but none helped my anxiety as much as this. I was told I couldn't use other anxiety meds because I have low blood pressure, but I can use pregablin. It has helped tremendously. I still have panic attacks but instead of many times daily, it's the odd one here and there when something has particularly stressed me out. It doesn't take away the anxiety completely, it's still there and I have really bad days still and it doesn't help depression, but it's much more manageable than before, likewise my OCD isn't as bad either. The only side effect I experience is weird dreams, insomnia and poor memory/memory loss. I recommend!!!"

Indiaaaa October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lyrica does a fairly decent job reducing my spinal cord nerve pain. However, the literature and this website states that the medication should be discontinued over a week's time. I have to disagree strongly with that. I take a 300mg daily dose and tried to discontinue the medication slowly. After 2 mos I was down to 100mg every other day and ended back on my full 300mg dose as the side effects were too much. I had constant nausea and vomiting, lost over 30lbs and was unable to consume any cold liquids. Additionally, I suffered from fatigue so badly I didn't want to get out of bed or participate in any activities."

Britone40 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking pregabalin along with my anti depressant for about 3 months, as I found my anti depressant alone wasn't enough to rid me of my morning anxiety. I felt a bit spaced out at first and may have had a few small headaches and slight stomach upset. These passed quickly. I adjust my dose slightly as needed each day and feel this medication has really helped"

Emnharry (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "My doctor just put me on Lyrica 25 mg tablet twice a day. The first day I took one dose around lunch the other before bedtime and got sleepy in the day. Anyway I emailed doctor he said only take the one at nite but I decided to take both at nite and feel great! I have suffered for years with fibromyalgia and cymbalta was not working for the fibromyalgia but I also take cymbalta for depression so still on that added the Lyrica and feel that the great pain is so much less, my knees and ankle pain, burning sensation all down, and finally get a good sleep without all the leg pain. I am thankful for this drug and finally can get my life back on track and finally see light at the end of my long tunnel of dealing with this horrible condition."

mauichan247 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "This one of the worst medication ever. It does not help, I end up in tears I am hurting so bad. I drop things, don't even notice, can't open things like I used too. The pain is unbearable, I just think this is a rubbish medication."

Chancy1985 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Wow love this med....been in a lot if pain and nothing helped. I was on gabapentin, baclofen, Topamax, percocet...nothing gave me relief. I still have pain but it has been knocked down some and it does help me sleep. I have fibromyalgia, small fiber neuropathy, scoliosis, osteoarthritis, collapsed discs, disc disease."

BethAnn40 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "great treatment"

Nanron (taken for 10 years or more) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "saved me from drinking alcohol...and much more..."

aroniaflyimemine October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Brilliant, like an anti depressant but I don't get nervous anymore"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was prescribed Lyrica for post shoulder surgery with continuing nerve pain radiating down the arm. Lyrica caused me to gain 20lb, slurred speech, blurred vision. I had edema in my ankles too. Since I would only take it two times a day, I would have rebound nerve pain that encourage me to take more Lyrica. After my Dr advised me about the weight gain, I decided to take myself off of it. It took 10 days to withdrawal from the drug but I'm glad I did. I'm a clinical Pharmacist and advised all on Lyrica to be AWARE of all the adverse effects of this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "I have been on Lyrica for only a bit over a week. Small doses were recommended; 25 mg, twice a day. I found this not to work, so I tried 50 mg at night, with some success. Increasing the dosage to 75 mg at night, resulted in the first time in a long while I can say I felt no pain. I feel a little listless, but I hope this will resolve itself. I find taking Magnesium Malate in the morning to energize me. For potential bloating I am taking B6, and monitoring my weight preparing to adapt my eating habits, and increase my physical activity with Yoga."

Amnoz (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hello everyone! I served 8 years in the united states military 4 overseas and 4 in the U.S. I left the military 100% disabled diagnosed with Panic disorder with agoraphobia, GAD, Major Depression and of course some PTSD. I have tried everything. I was put on lyrica for nerve damage originally but found it soooo helpful for crippling anxiety. But this does not last long tolerance builds so fast its unreal and it almost feels as if the anxiety gets worst over time. I have tried to stop this cold turkey but found my self in a state of BENZO and OPIATE withdrawal feeling and it was a nightmare. Now I'm weaning! Bye lyrica..OH ya klonopin works wonders ;)."

Collin11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on lyrica for 1 month, starting at one 75mg twice daily for two weeks, then stayed on 150mg twice daily for two weeks. I had horrible side effect so my doctor told me to split the morning dose that was 150mg in to taking 75mg in the morning and 75mg afternoon, then 150 at nite. So the side effects got better. I suffered from extreme dizziness, increased anxiety, had a feeling my legs couldn't carry me, burning sensation throughout the whole body. After one month of medication, when side effect had gone away a little bit, I talked to my doctor and he told me than since I still suffer from anxiety we should increase the dose to 150/75/150. Side effects are back, I take oxazepam 30 mg to get through the worst side effect and waiting for a better effect on anxiety. However I am better than before."

linda197919791979 September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "This drug in combination with another pharmaceutical products took the pain away which I was getting from an L3/4 - L4/5 disc protrusion. The pain was horrific which made me collapse twice and taken to hospital via ambulance. However I am now dealing with the side effects of the drug, which going by the list I have probably 25-30% of these. I have in the last few days finally got to not taking this drug at all and am coping on over the counter pain relief. But I am still experiencing major dizziness, coordination and confusion. This is majorly impacting my day to day life and stopping me from walking my dogs just a very short distance and even holding a conversation. Not happy with the side effect."

DMAD September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hi , I started taking pregabalin for nerve pain in my face. I started on 50mg twice a day and now take 150mg twice a day. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for years and tried a few anti depressants, which made me feel worse. When I started the pregabalin for the nerve pain, I noticed that my depression and anxiety were gone completely! As well as the pain. It was like a miracle. I used to wake every morning with a churning stomach due to anxiety. But that has gone completely. I can only say , try it!"

Markab1708 September 6, 2017