User Reviews for Lidoderm

Postherpetic Neuralgia

Reviews for Lidoderm

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I was on this site to see if their patches were still any good when it says Exp 09 2017, LOT X4078. My Dr. ordered these to give me relief from the horrible pain of Shingles in 2016. I took them back to my pharmacy and told them they just won't stick to your skin or stay on no matter what size you cut them to. I asked for a different brand and was told that is the only one they could get. And here it is 2021 and I am seeing complaints that they still don't stick. Why hasn't the problem been corrected and how can they still be on the Market. SHAME ON YOU IS RIGHT. These are very expensive and insurance only covers a portion. They should be reported to FDA. PLEASE SOMEONE REPORT THEM TO THE FDA. Mine are too old for me to report them and the pharmacy refunded my money. I have no idea why I still have them. Found after moving.”

Grace April 9, 2021

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “This company is ripping people off as the patches do not stick at all - they are useless and therefore they should not be sold as pain patches due to they don't stay on to relieve ANY PAIN. They need to be sued for Fraud!!!!! How dare they sell a product that is supposed to help those if us that are in so much pain and are still in pain!!!!! SHAME ON YOU MYLAN!!!”

Margo · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2021

“These patches are a waste of money. My portion was $71.00. They don’t stick to your skin. The material is like thin cheap plastic. I can’t believe this company is allowed to rip people off like this. Especially people in pain. I’m stuck now for a month with severe lower back pain because my insurance won’t let me get a different brand. So thanks for the pain Mylan. You should be ashamed. They other brand I was on was perfect.”

Kat# April 16, 2016

For Pain: “I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless.”

JasonNapolitano November 29, 2013

For Pain: “I suffer from chronic lower back pain in the Lumbar, right above my cocix. I have been going through lower back pain for some years. I have severely ruptured my lower discs when I used to be a furniture delivery driver. I would move couches, lazy boys, 500lb dining tables, bedroom sets and more for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I have tried medications such as Methadone, Morphine, and Vicodin. Some of them work, my thing is I do not like take narcotics but this patch is amazing. I put one on, in about 1 hours time I feel such a major relief. It takes a while to kick in but it works great. It takes my pain level from a 10.5 to a 5. Only downfall(s) adhesive is not that great and they are very expensive.”

Shari M March 21, 2016

For Pain: “The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy.”

Anonymous April 19, 2020

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I hope to god that someone who has chronic back pain that works in this company tries these worthless patches. You charge insurance companies hundreds of dollars for these no sticking pieces of rubbish. They should stick to your skin like they stick together while your trying to put them on. They fall off with the slightest movement once you put them on. They are the Stanley Cup of worthlessness. ”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “The reviews are true and correct. Mylan patches are impractical, useless, waste of time, waste of money, they do not peel well, they do not stick well and if you mange one to stick, as soon as your body moves it is off, horrible product. It is ripping of insurance and consumer at the same time, this is not where you make an extra buck this is screwing around with people needing MEDICAL HELP for pain. Are all other generic meds made by Mylan are this sloppy? I will be asking My CVS every time no Mylan generics. Where is your Quality Assurance Mylan.”

Twty · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2014

For Pain: “I've had numerous invasive spinal surgeries, sciatic nerve pain, as well as discomfort at the site of my neurostimulator implantation. The patches alleviate the discomfort in conjunction with a medication regime put in place by my pain management doctor that I follow to the letter allowing for less medication having to be taken while they're in use. I've had no side effects. Overall a very positive experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more March 8, 2016

For Pain: “Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!”

Sapphirereflection · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 12, 2012

For Pain: “I've found the patches stay on my back better if I use rubbing alcohol to clean my skin, allowing it to airdry prior to applying the patch. My husband must help me apply them because they are hard to get on your upper back by yourself. Also it seems like my body gets used to them after a few weeks so I will take a break from using them for a few days. My biggest complaint is that they are so expensive. I must use 3 for them to be effective but I have a high deductible insurance plan so there are times I simply can not afford the patches.”

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2016

For Pain: “For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced".”

blueeye April 1, 2013

For Pain: “This worked quite well for acute severe shoulder rotater cuff pain but took a couple of hours to kick in. The weirdest thing though is I had a side effect where I saw yellow color on white walls. Also had a little trouble focusing eyes and was a little dizzy. Would go away when wore off and then same thing when tried again, so had to stop.”

h/b February 16, 2012

For Pain: “Bursitis in shoulder - had received numerous Injections over multi years - Dr suggested Surgery or try Lidocaine Patch - applied Patch over 120 days and then discontinued - it has been 2 years with no further pain - AMAZING.”

blueXS · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2012

For Pain: “My doctor gave me a couple of these to try out before I filled a script for them (for shoulder and lower back pain). I cut them up because they are HUGE. Put ½ on my back and ½ on my shoulder the first night. I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours a night for the last week because of my back (that's with oxymorphone and oxycodone) and WOW, slept like a baby! Took my back pain from an 8 to a 3. I didn't even notice the patch was there. Now for my shoulder though, these things aren't very sticky and so the movement makes them come off in just a couple minutes. I taped it down, but it's kinda bubbling in the middle and I'm having a hard time keeping it in contact with my skin unless I'm holding my arm just so.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 28, 2012

For Pain: “I was in a car accident and suffered a 4th rib fracture, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th ribs were also injured and suffered pectus excavatum. The Lidoderm pain patches helped to decrease my pain level from a 10 to a 3. I can not ride in a car with out wearing these patches. I wear one in my subclavian area and two in my 6th and 7th thoracic area (total of 3). These patches really manage the pain.”

NJKat June 20, 2011

For Pain: “I have CHRONIC sacroiliac joint and coccyx pain that does not show up on MRI or X-ray and I've used this patch for a little over 1 month with NO side effects whatsoever. I do notice that it takes about 2 to 3 days to feel the "full effect" of the medication and I do notice the increase in pain if I skip a day. Maximum pain for me WITH the patch is about a 2 and that's great.”

Ellie · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2019

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I have used the Mylan lidocaine pain patches for a few years. I had the ones with the white cotton backing. They were perfect. My last few boxes though were a plastic backing that don’t stick to my skin after ten minutes. These plastic backed lidocaine pain patches are totally a waste. I wasted five patches before getting two to stick to my skin. Why on earth did this company change the patches! Now, I'll have to ask the pharmacist if there is another brand I can switch to. I am very unhappy with these nonsticking, worthless lidocaine patches.”

Donor · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

“These are totally ridiculous. I spoke to pharmacy and they can't help me, but suggested I call the Mylan to complain. 2 hours later I still need a new rx for a different brand. These are worthless but how would a person know to specify a brand? Awful awful.”

Anonymous October 24, 2011

For Pain: “I use lidoderm patch for upper back pain spasums. The patch works well for this type of pain. I also found that the patch works wonderful for sex. Very seldom can I stick around long (about 30 min) enough for my wife to climax. However, using the patch about 1 hour before sex dulls the sensitivity, which allows me time for her to reach the big "0". Happy wife happy life!”

Another victim of bad meds · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2016

For Pain: “I have been using the generic lidocaine patches for years, with great results. My pharmacy, which I have to use because of my insurance, switched to generic patches from Mylan. These new patches are HORRIBLE!!! They are stiff and do NOT stick at all! I am stuck with a 6 month supply of patches that DON'T work. I've spent over an hour with various people at the pharmacy! And they all say it's not their problem. Great. Just great.”

Leah0u812 January 30, 2016

For Pain: “The MYLAN brand 5% is useless! Waste of money. It does not stick to fresh cleaned skin with rubbing alcohol first, it does not stay on to provide medicine even if taped on outside edges and it's plastic! Bad for skin. I'm going to change pharmacies to avoid using this,brand again or cough up cash for my reg. Brand. I would not depend on this. Seriously it does not stick for 2 mins.”

killmenowgod July 13, 2016

For Pain: “I've been on narcotic pain meds for over 20 years for severe degenerative joint disease in my back and several other joints. My doctor gave me lidocaine 5% patches to try about a month ago. I seriously doubted they would help, as any other topical creams have never helped much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They work so well that I have decreased my opiate dosage by half and am able to be more active than I have been in years. I don't think that they will work that well for everyone, but I do recommend everyone try them if they can, it has been a godsend for me.”

doriemae · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2017

For Pain: “My insurance substituted Mylan brand, my last prescription in January 2017. The WORST patch ever. They are plastic, hard to remove from backing and they DON'T stick. Don't waste your money. Had been using Qualitest patches previously, which worked well. Why insurance chose to change, I don't know. Terrible waste of my hard earned money.”

msdot July 19, 2008

For Pain: “I love Lidoderm patches. I have stenosis and muscle spasms. There are some nights I couldn't sleep without them. Be sure you are not wearing the patches longer than 12 hours. What is great is you can wear them under your clothes when working and no one knows or 'smells' you are wearing relief for spasms. They have been my lifesaver on more than one occasion. ”

Coregon December 23, 2007

For Pain: “I recently was prescribed lidoderm patches. I was impressed with the relief I got from sore muscles & joints. Later that night I noticed my shoulder was extremely tender to touch & when I looked at it, it was severely bruised and the skin was blistering & peeling, like frostbite. So watch heat and cold while using this patch!”

Jet · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

“My Mom was prescribed 5% Lidocaine patches for off-label treatment of her arthritis. The patch that was applied at the hospital seemed to be good quality (not sure what manufacturer they used). Got Mom home, filled the patch prescription at CVS, bought a box of 30 Mylan patches. Retail almost $300, payment refused by Medicare, bought by me using GoodRX coupon for $70. Unfortunately these patches are Totally TRASH! Will NOT stick properly. Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. should be ashamed. VERY unhappy.”

Retireex September 7, 2016

For Pain: “The 5% patches that i have been using for the last 3 years work well for short periods of time, about 4-5 hours. Reduces the need for hydrocodone. However, stay away from the Mylan brand. They are only 140 mg of lidocaine opposed to the standard 700mg. They get away with this by making the patch thinner so it is still 5%. It doesn't stick and it doesn't work for me. Got stuck with a few boxes that my insurance had to pay for. Ended up switching all my prescriptions from Rite-Aid to Walgreens.”