User Reviews for Lidoderm

Lidoderm Rating Summary

2.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia.

Reviews for Lidoderm to treat Postherpetic Neuralgia

"If I could give a lower rating than 1, I would. I have used Lidoderm by 2 other manufacturers in the past so can say with authority that the Mylan patch is horrible. What good is it if it doesn't stay on? Having to tape it is unacceptable (and doesn't work), especially considering the cost. I cannot believe the Mylan version was given FDA approval. As a registered nurse, I am appalled that this company would make such an inferior product for people who must live with pain. I recommend Lidoderm widely, but now I am telling everyone I know to avoid it if they have no choice but the ineffective Mylan formulation of it."

CLEP (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2018

"My first question is why did Mylan discontinue making the cotton patches that actually stuck to your skin and start producing a less quality patch that would not stick to a dry surface of any kind? Secondly, who test these products and provides the thumbs up for quality control? And third, why do the consumers have to settle with less quality medicines as the prices inflate to purchase and the stocks just continue to rise."

wolfeboy38 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

"I have used the brand name Lidoderm, by Endo patches for years for my back and even my neuralgia from the shingles. They are flexible and stick comfortably to the skin. They are thick and "cool" feeling in addition which I love. My newest prescription was for the Mylan brand. They don't stick, aren't flexible and feel like plastic. Press and hold after application and even tape doesn't really help. They say they deliver the same amount of Lidocaine to the patient, per gram of adhesive as the brand name patches. I have to say, it feels like there isn't any adhesive on these in comparison. Hopefully, they will realize that they (Mylan) never gets refills and make a change. CVS QUIT SELLING THIS BRAND OF GENERIC!"

So sad, to bad, disappointed (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2018

"Mylan your lidocaine patch do not stick. Please fix or stop making something that is a waste of money and can not use. Having pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2017

"I am a veteran and the VA recently contracted with Mylan for patches. THEY ARE HORRIBLE! I have to tape them on. They will not stay on without tape. What a way to scam our VETS. VA pharmacy told me that everyone at the hospital hates them. If you have to buy your own, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!"

Marylee8062 August 5, 2017

"What an absolute waste of money. They are made of cheap plastic. Uncomfortable. Do not adhere. Mylan should be ashamed of themselves. I've used name brand which were white cloth patch and effective. These are a joke! No relief. I don't believe they have any medication on them. Shame on the company!"

1ijkvt230 May 21, 2017

"Your patches will not stay on long enough to supply pain relief. When I apply one to my lower back it folds onto itself within 3 hours no matter what I do. They need to be like the Qualitest patches that I have used for years"

Edjanice2 May 2, 2017

"Watson are the worst although I have not tried Mylan and since I no longer have insurance and not working I won't be getting them again at 350.00 a box."

tom dicharry (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2017

"I had shingles from my right index finger and thumb to the top of my head. I thought my arm would explode at times. Areas of skin on my arm and shoulder had terrible sensations. Lidoderm patches were a great help. I was taking 800 mg NSAIDS with no effect. Went to a pain management specialist who gave me 15 mg oxycodone every 4 hours, Lyrica, and these patches. Max 3 patches - 12 hours per day. The worst was over after two weeks. But the pain continues in my right hand - now 9 months. The Oxycodone at bedtime with a patch over the affected parts of my hand will let me sleep 6 hours most nights. The patch doesn't do it all, but it is a good assist. And it is not an NSAID."

Anonymous February 6, 2012