User Reviews for Lidoderm to treat Postherpetic Neuralgia

Lidoderm has an average rating of 2.0 out of 10 from a total of 25 ratings for the treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia. 4% of those users who reviewed Lidoderm reported a positive effect, while 84% reported a negative effect.

Lidoderm Rating Summary

2.0/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia.

Reviews for Lidoderm

beth1954 June 9, 2021

“I’m not sure if these patches are going to work or not, but I may never find out. They don’t stick to my skin. My daughter had to tape all around it with medical tape to make it stay on. However, the patch is just stiff enough that it still is not in good contact with my skin. At the price of these, surely you could do better?”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

“I was on this site to see if their patches were still any good when it says Exp 09 2017, LOT X4078. My Dr. ordered these to give me relief from the horrible pain of Shingles in 2016. I took them back to my pharmacy and told them they just won't stick to your skin or stay on no matter what size you cut them to. I asked for a different brand and was told that is the only one they could get. And here it is 2021 and I am seeing complaints that they still don't stick. Why hasn't the problem been corrected and how can they still be on the Market. SHAME ON YOU IS RIGHT. These are very expensive and insurance only covers a portion. They should be reported to FDA. PLEASE SOMEONE REPORT THEM TO THE FDA. Mine are too old for me to report them and the pharmacy refunded my money. I have no idea why I still have them. Found after moving.”

Grace April 9, 2021

“This company is ripping people off as the patches do not stick at all - they are useless and therefore they should not be sold as pain patches due to they don't stay on to relieve ANY PAIN. They need to be sued for Fraud!!!!! How dare they sell a product that is supposed to help those if us that are in so much pain and are still in pain!!!!! SHAME ON YOU MYLAN!!!”

Anonymous April 19, 2020

“I hope to god that someone who has chronic back pain that works in this company tries these worthless patches. You charge insurance companies hundreds of dollars for these no sticking pieces of rubbish. They should stick to your skin like they stick together while your trying to put them on. They fall off with the slightest movement once you put them on. They are the Stanley Cup of worthlessness. ”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

“The reviews are true and correct. Mylan patches are impractical, useless, waste of time, waste of money, they do not peel well, they do not stick well and if you mange one to stick, as soon as your body moves it is off, horrible product. It is ripping of insurance and consumer at the same time, this is not where you make an extra buck this is screwing around with people needing MEDICAL HELP for pain. Are all other generic meds made by Mylan are this sloppy? I will be asking My CVS every time no Mylan generics. Where is your Quality Assurance Mylan.”

Ellie · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2019

“I have used the Mylan lidocaine pain patches for a few years. I had the ones with the white cotton backing. They were perfect. My last few boxes though were a plastic backing that don’t stick to my skin after ten minutes. These plastic backed lidocaine pain patches are totally a waste. I wasted five patches before getting two to stick to my skin. Why on earth did this company change the patches! Now, I'll have to ask the pharmacist if there is another brand I can switch to. I am very unhappy with these nonsticking, worthless lidocaine patches.”

Marylee8062 August 5, 2017

“I am a veteran and the VA recently contracted with Mylan for patches. THEY ARE HORRIBLE! I have to tape them on. They will not stay on without tape. What a way to scam our VETS. VA pharmacy told me that everyone at the hospital hates them. If you have to buy your own, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!”

1ijkvt230 May 21, 2017

“What an absolute waste of money. They are made of cheap plastic. Uncomfortable. Do not adhere. Mylan should be ashamed of themselves. I've used name brand which were white cloth patch and effective. These are a joke! No relief. I don't believe they have any medication on them. Shame on the company!”

Sds · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

“As everybody have said before these patches are pure junk. I don't think there is medicine on the patch. I went back to the pharmacy where I purchased them and they said yes we are aware that people said they didn't seem to help. I asked why did they sell them to me knowing that they are inferior. I got no answer. I called the company Mylan. They are issuing me a refund of my purchase price. I told them I am calling the FDA. They said not to bother by law they have to report it themselves. I am still going to call.”

Luigi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 4, 2019

“Do not buy the Mylan generic brand of lidociane patches! They do not stay on. I haven't been able to get them to stay on longer than a half hour. Then I have to put uncomfortable tape all around them. There are other brands of lidocaine patches per prescription to try. Before you get the prescription filled, ask the pharmacist what brand they use and don't spend your money on Mylan.”

Ckr March 28, 2019

“This is a good medication to relieve a minor amount of the pain it definitely needs to be stronger so that it works better. Also the Mylan brand is a disgrace why would pay for this at all. They don’t stick the minute you take them out and remove backing stick to skin anywhere on your body like feet legs hands arms sides back they don’t stick you need to change the way you make these Mylan. I will now on refuse every order with Mylan patches. No way in heck so people have to pay for extra tape to hold these on. You should be ashamed of yourselves for selling these to people who can’t afford prescriptions as it is and then you pay the money can’t get it back and your still sitting waiting to ease the pain and still waiting for an income. Wrong. All I can say is Karma for your company!!! Get some better adhesive or stop making these Mylan!!!”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2018

“Ridiculous. ...Mylan should be embarrassed to say the least. You might as well be putting scotch tape on your body instead. That's how useless and uncomfortable the product is!!! Change your product MYLAN. Maybe Endo Pharmaceutical could give you some pointers!”

Disappointed October 12, 2020

“I agree with everyone else, Mylan definitely missed the mark with this one. “These Lidocaine patches do not stick and do not seem to have any numbing effect.” After playing tug-of-war to get the patch out of the package and then applying a band to try to hold the patches in tact, I discovered they offer absolutely no pain relief. I don't understand how a company can get away with producing such a poor product. Also, I don't understand why anyone would give them a rating above a 1. This product needs to be removed from the market immediately! I will be contacting the FDA regardless of what Mylan says. I had known about the poor performance of this product I would have NEVER accepted this prescription. The pharmacies should be ashamed of themselves for filling prescriptions with this product. I'm sure they're aware of its ineffectiveness. Believe you me I will be letting my pharmacy know how I feel about them as well. This is definitely an ineffective drug!!!”

Edjanice2 May 2, 2017

“Your patches will not stay on long enough to supply pain relief. When I apply one to my lower back it folds onto itself within 3 hours no matter what I do. They need to be like the Qualitest patches that I have used for years”

Anonymous February 6, 2012

“I had shingles from my right index finger and thumb to the top of my head. I thought my arm would explode at times. Areas of skin on my arm and shoulder had terrible sensations. Lidoderm patches were a great help. I was taking 800 mg NSAIDS with no effect. Went to a pain management specialist who gave me 15 mg oxycodone every 4 hours, Lyrica, and these patches. Max 3 patches - 12 hours per day. The worst was over after two weeks. But the pain continues in my right hand - now 9 months. The Oxycodone at bedtime with a patch over the affected parts of my hand will let me sleep 6 hours most nights. The patch doesn't do it all, but it is a good assist. And it is not an NSAID.”

CLEP · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 8, 2018

“If I could give a lower rating than 1, I would. I have used Lidoderm by 2 other manufacturers in the past so can say with authority that the Mylan patch is horrible. What good is it if it doesn't stay on? Having to tape it is unacceptable (and doesn't work), especially considering the cost. I cannot believe the Mylan version was given FDA approval. As a registered nurse, I am appalled that this company would make such an inferior product for people who must live with pain. I recommend Lidoderm widely, but now I am telling everyone I know to avoid it if they have no choice but the ineffective Mylan formulation of it.”

Disappointed · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 14, 2019

“If I could give Lidoderm patches a 0 I would!!! The worst patches I’ve ever used, the 4% ones from CVS are much cheaper and more effective. The patches are plastic and do not stick to the skin for more than 5min. I need to constantly push on my skin to make sure they stick and are there. I’ve used in the past the Watson ones and they worked like charm- they adhered so well that I could take a shower with them!!! What a waste of money those patches are. I am going to the pharmacy tomorrow to complain- I hope they can do something for me.”

phillipdampier · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2020

“Completely unusable and a dangerous product to have if you have pets. As with everyone else, these pads are saturated with “medicine” but they absolutely will not stay in place. Any friction such as laying on a patch and moving will cause it to roll up on itself and become impossible to reattach. Using lots of surgical tape might work but the patch is so heavy it still quickly unseated within minutes. Worst of all, the residue is extremely toxic to dogs and cats and if they lick where the patch has been exposed or where you laid, they can get very sick. This is unacceptable and this product should be recalled until they employ a better adhesive agent.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

“I couldn't agree more with the other reviews of this inferior product. These Mylan 5% Lidoderm patches are worthless, so don't waste your money on them. You'd be better buying the over-the-counter Salon Pas pads which stick better and are more flexible. I use these patches on my sacrum for pain. I complained to Mylan directly about this product, and they responded that "their investigation showed no problem" with the patches. I think they're ripping off the consumer.”

Very painful August 17, 2020

“I was prescribed Lidoderm patches by ER doctor for a pulled muscle. I had a severe allergic reaction. I have painful blisters, numbness, red irritated. I can barely move my left side of my body. I’m in constant pain from the patches, it’s worse than the pulled muscle pain. I’ve never been in such pain in my life. This drug is very very dangerous.”

wolfeboy38 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2018

“My first question is why did Mylan discontinue making the cotton patches that actually stuck to your skin and start producing a less quality patch that would not stick to a dry surface of any kind? Secondly, who test these products and provides the thumbs up for quality control? And third, why do the consumers have to settle with less quality medicines as the prices inflate to purchase and the stocks just continue to rise.”

So sad, to bad, disappointed · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 17, 2018

“I have used the brand name Lidoderm, by Endo patches for years for my back and even my neuralgia from the shingles. They are flexible and stick comfortably to the skin. They are thick and "cool" feeling in addition which I love. My newest prescription was for the Mylan brand. They don't stick, aren't flexible and feel like plastic. Press and hold after application and even tape doesn't really help. They say they deliver the same amount of Lidocaine to the patient, per gram of adhesive as the brand name patches. I have to say, it feels like there isn't any adhesive on these in comparison. Hopefully, they will realize that they (Mylan) never gets refills and make a change. CVS QUIT SELLING THIS BRAND OF GENERIC!”

Roni March 6, 2021

“Went to pick up my lidocaine patches and was given lidoderm instead. Put one on and waited three hours for relief on my shoulder. No relief ever came. Thankful I had one of my other patches left to put on. On a scale of 1-10 I give this a 0.”

M · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

“These Lidoderm patches do not stick and do not seem to have any numbing effect.”

Owie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2020

“I found the fix to make the patches stick. Get a bandaid that's a little larger than the size of the patch. Put the Band-Aid over the patch. Good Band-Aids will hold!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2017

“Mylan your lidocaine patch do not stick. Please fix or stop making something that is a waste of money and can not use. Having pain.”

tom dicharry · Taken for 10 years or more March 30, 2017

“Watson are the worst although I have not tried Mylan and since I no longer have insurance and not working I won't be getting them again at 350.00 a box.”

Learn more about Postherpetic Neuralgia