User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Astero, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lido V Pak, DermacinRx Lidotral, Dermaflex, ...show all 59 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Local Anesthesia 3 reviews 104 medications

3.5
Postherpetic Neuralgia 5 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Lidocaine reviews 133 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lidocaine

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "Terrible product, would not stay on and did nothing for the pain. Received more relief from aspirin. Will never purchase again."

anthonyep (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "Mylan Lidocaine Patch offered by the Veterans Administation are the worst product. Do not waste your money. I am a 90% service connected veteran and the tax money going to this product is a shame. I followed the directions to the letter and 2 hours later they came loose and wrinkled. I took a picture and will try to post it. Another product was that prescribed to me in a Alaska Native Clinic worked wonders. It is called ACTAVIS I would give it a 5"

Shel1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Lidoderm 5% patch 700 mg (50mg/gram) by Endo Pharmaceuticals worked wonders. Patch stayed in place and provided much needed pain relief Now my pharmacy only carries the Lidocaine 5% patch 140 mg (50mg/gram) by Mylan This new substitute by Mylan is horrible. It is a plastic like patch that will not stick to skin, does not breath and causes sweating underneath which causes even less adherence to skin. Even using tape over patch doesn't help. Unlike the previous Endo patch, this new patch patch crinkles up on the skin and there appears to be no effective benefit of pain relief that was easily achieved with the previous Endo Lidoderm patch. Do I want to pay for an off brand that my insurance company does not cover.. possibly .. what a racket"

DR_RN (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "The brand, Lidoderm Patch, worked wonders for my post-surgical neuropathy on the site of the scar. The patch stayed in place and relieved the worst of the pain. However, when I was forced to use the generic, it was awful! The backing on the patch was almost impossible to get off. When we finally did, the patch rolled up in a ball. When trying to apply this mess, it would not stay put. It came off within minutes of application. It was a waste of money"

dba18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I was prescribed these patches for pain in my knee due to chondomalacia and a dislocated knee cap. They really don't stick to my skin (even after washing the area and drying well) Also they're hard to put on the knee cap where my pain is, they just ball up and fall off after 30mins. I've found cutting the patch in half and surrounding the knee works. It helps with pain but nowhere close to being a 10/10 in my book let alone a 6/10."

catlover96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I am a veteran and the VA recently contracted with Mylan for patches. THEY ARE HORRIBLE! I have to tape them on. They will not stay on without tape. What a way to scam our VETS. VA pharmacy told me that everyone at the hospital hates them. If you have to buy your own, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!"

Marylee8062 August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine) for Pain: "I was prescribed lidoderm but the pharmacist switched the prescription to lidocaine 5% patch. This was TERRIBLE !!! The patch dried off and fell off in about 2 hours. The adhesive was pathetically weak and didn't hold the patch in place not even long enough to do any good. I know as a former drug salesman for Upjohn this kind of shoddy imitation would never have been tolerated. Why don't you try quality and I would assume they are made in some third world country. Terrible is the only term I can use to describe this copy cat medication."

Anonymous July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This patch is a piece of junk it does not adhere to the skin, I clean my skin with alcohol so there is no skin oil before I use this but it just does not stay they fell off. Is this made of composite plastic material? Take this off the shelves, a ripoff for the consumer and the VA Pharmacy...please remove this junk. Effectiveness its not 1, its big "0""

salsalero July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My 88-year-old mother uses lidocaine 5% patches for her sciatica pain. The patches by Mylan are useless. As others have stated, they are plastic and do not stay in place. They bunch up and fall off with one to two hours of applying. She used to get another brand which was flexible and stayed in place. Insurance covers most of the cost of these patches, but I would not recommend them even if Mylan paid you to use them."

DebOrei July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "I've been using Lidocaine patches for years now. Recently I became a Medicare patient and can no longer afford them. A friend of mine brought me some of hers. They were made by Mylan. 1. They would not stick unless I used paper tape to hold them down (this is a must if you have to use these). 2. When I wore them on the inside of my knee they split into. 3. I did not receive any pain relief. 4. These cost $100's if you do not have insurance. Medicare will Not pay. 5. Anyone that gives this product anything but a 1 must have stock in the company. The GOOD NEWS! While I cannot afford them, I will tell you I was using same percentage but made by a company called Watson. These patches are over 1/8" thick gel/cloth back. These WORK!"

Texasaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "I don't know if I am applying it wrong (but thats not possible cause there is only one way to apply a gel), but this thing does not work not even a little bit to make any kind of pain a little bit...painless. I can still feel EVERYTHING."

AriaFroz (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Local Anesthesia: "It took me years to finally find the generic patch that works the same as Lidodem. My insurance would only let me have Lidocaine. They were all terrible. I will not named them as they are noted with other comments. Two years ago my insurance did not cover Lidocaine. I could only have the cream. After a couple of years I came down with Shingles and was in terrible pain. My doctor prescribed Lidoderm but was denied. I was in such pain that I agreed to use the Lidocaine patch. Luckily and very happy the brand that I got for Lidocaine was QUALITEST. I Google for days and found out that there are multiple manufacturers for the generic Lidoderm. Both Lidoderm and Lidocaine are manufactured by the same company. Telkoku Selyaku in Japan."

SAVIN (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "They provide some pain relief from shingles pain, but not much. The big problem is how poorly they adhere. I really wish I hadn't paid for 5. They have to be held on by a bandage."

Jonaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have relied upon Lidocaine Patches for years to help with Fibromyalgia pain, pain from many injuries, fascia pain, and more. I have used Actavis Lab 5% patches but found that they sometimes move, curl, and crinkle up thus delivering less medicine to the pain site. I have had much better success with MYLAN 5% Lidocaine Pain Patches. However my pharmacy states that they are becoming difficult to find from their suppliers. If you can locate them try them and you should find much more effectiveness from MYLAN brand patches."

Gte (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "What an absolute waste of money. They are made of cheap plastic. Uncomfortable. Do not adhere. Mylan should be ashamed of themselves. I've used name brand which were white cloth patch and effective. These are a joke! No relief. I don't believe they have any medication on them. Shame on the company!"

1ijkvt230 May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "Put patch on for night time relief. Woke next morning with blisters and welts in the area. I now know the extent of the medication - the blisters and red marks - like a second degree burn spread throughout an area 2 - 3 times the size of the patch. Sitting, leaning back has been difficult. Wearing clothing has been difficult. Laying in bed has been painful. The Doc has given me an ointment for my skin and meds for the pain. The blisters have drained today. The burnt skin is still there. This was the FIRST time I used this product."

Skip64 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Junk !! Sticks to itself, slightly takes away pain! More of a mess than other lidoderm or lidocaine patches! Mess trying to remove backing, it sticks to itself, rolls up & doesn't stick well after the goop is absorbed! Junk junk junk!"

Katttt May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Your patches will not stay on long enough to supply pain relief. When I apply one to my lower back it folds onto itself within 3 hours no matter what I do. They need to be like the Qualitest patches that I have used for years"

Edjanice2 May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Lidoderm patches are very useful for my general pains - I have lots of joint pains. My insurance switched to Watson Lidocaine 5%. They are TERRIBLE ! Won't stay on. Curl up. come off. Can't they use a better glue?"

Don't have a nickname - me (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "These are the worst. They do not stick to skin. I can't even say that they fall off after a few minutes because I can't even get them to stick at all. Unfortunately I didn't get a choice of which brand to get because my patches came through the VA. I'm going to also let the VA know how horrible these patches are."

soflo61 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Local Anesthesia: "Vaginal burn from internal radiation treatments. When I have to pee, sometimes the burning is unbearable. Had tried whatever the dr. order..had to have 3 catheter in 3 weeks because of bladder spasms. Finally calmed down mentally with the help of taken Xanex, burning still there but felt it was coming from my uretha. Went to urologist from suggestion from ob/by, and ER dr. Urologist suggested I try ladocaine jelly 2%... haven't went into effect yet, but Lord I hope this work..don't know how much more of this excruciating burning I can take.."

Ness11 April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "doesn't stop the nerve pain on my foot"

kattale April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "Lidocaine is a great pain reliever for my back; however not when I use the one from Mylan. I had previously; through a civilian Doctor received Lidoderm patches 5% from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals that has a quilted type backing on them. They are easy to peel off the plastic and apply to the skin. They last for the 12 hours recommended. The VA dispenses a Mylan 5% Lidocaine patch that sticks to itself when it is removed from the plastic and then when I am able to actually get it on my skin it does not stick and wind up wasting 2-3 before one will stick. Then within a few hours it pulls lose and sticks to my shirt. BAD PRODUCT AND RIPPING OFF A VET!"

Disabled Vet. April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Watson 5% patch would not stay on my back. They kept rolling up. So, my pain doctor now writes brand specific only so I get the Lidoderm patches. They work great for me."

SouthernRock (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Watson are the worst although I have not tried Mylan and since I no longer have insurance and not working I won't be getting them again at 350.00 a box."

tom dicharry (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2017