User Reviews for Lidocaine topical

Also known as: Lidoderm, Lidocaine Viscous, ZTlido, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Xylocaine Jelly, Glydo, RectiCare, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Xylocaine Topical, Astero, Topicaine, AneCream, Dermaflex, Regenecare HA Spray, Bactine, Tranzarel, Gen7T Lotion, Gen7T Patch, Lidocream, Lidopin, Lidozol, Lidovex, Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, Uro-Jet, Uro-Jet AC, Anestafoam, Eha Lotion, Anestacon, Lydexa, CidalEaze, Medi-Quik Spray, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, LMX 4 with Tegaderm, LMX 4, Numb Nuts, LTA II Kit, Zensa, LMX 5, RadiaGuard, Lidotrans 5 Pak Lido-K Lido-Sorb Zionodil Lidozion LidoRx Derma Numb Apicaine-X DermacinRx Lido V Pak Lidopac DermacinRx Lidotral AneCream with Tegaderm LidaMantle …show all brand names

Lidocaine topical has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 212 ratings on Drugs.com. 32% of those users who reviewed Lidocaine topical reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Pruritus
Summary of Lidocaine topical reviews 4.4 212 reviews

Reviews for Lidocaine topical

beth1954 June 9, 2021

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I’m not sure if these patches are going to work or not, but I may never find out. They don’t stick to my skin. My daughter had to tape all around it with medical tape to make it stay on. However, the patch is just stiff enough that it still is not in good contact with my skin. At the price of these, surely you could do better?”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I was on this site to see if their patches were still any good when it says Exp 09 2017, LOT X4078. My Dr. ordered these to give me relief from the horrible pain of Shingles in 2016. I took them back to my pharmacy and told them they just won't stick to your skin or stay on no matter what size you cut them to. I asked for a different brand and was told that is the only one they could get. And here it is 2021 and I am seeing complaints that they still don't stick. Why hasn't the problem been corrected and how can they still be on the Market. SHAME ON YOU IS RIGHT. These are very expensive and insurance only covers a portion. They should be reported to FDA. PLEASE SOMEONE REPORT THEM TO THE FDA. Mine are too old for me to report them and the pharmacy refunded my money. I have no idea why I still have them. Found after moving.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 19, 2021

For Hemorrhoids: “I use lidocaine gel and it’s the only relief I get, the most important advise is not to scratch, when you feel pain or itch clean area, wait 15 seconds for itch to subside if it doesn't apply gel. Leave your bottom alone as much as possible.”

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless.”

Grace April 9, 2021

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “This company is ripping people off as the patches do not stick at all - they are useless and therefore they should not be sold as pain patches due to they don't stay on to relieve ANY PAIN. They need to be sued for Fraud!!!!! How dare they sell a product that is supposed to help those if us that are in so much pain and are still in pain!!!!! SHAME ON YOU MYLAN!!!”

JasonNapolitano November 29, 2013

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I suffer from chronic lower back pain in the Lumbar, right above my cocix. I have been going through lower back pain for some years. I have severely ruptured my lower discs when I used to be a furniture delivery driver. I would move couches, lazy boys, 500lb dining tables, bedroom sets and more for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I have tried medications such as Methadone, Morphine, and Vicodin. Some of them work, my thing is I do not like take narcotics but this patch is amazing. I put one on, in about 1 hours time I feel such a major relief. It takes a while to kick in but it works great. It takes my pain level from a 10.5 to a 5. Only downfall(s) adhesive is not that great and they are very expensive.”

Shari M March 21, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy.”

Anonymous April 19, 2020

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I hope to god that someone who has chronic back pain that works in this company tries these worthless patches. You charge insurance companies hundreds of dollars for these no sticking pieces of rubbish. They should stick to your skin like they stick together while your trying to put them on. They fall off with the slightest movement once you put them on. They are the Stanley Cup of worthlessness. ”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “The reviews are true and correct. Mylan patches are impractical, useless, waste of time, waste of money, they do not peel well, they do not stick well and if you mange one to stick, as soon as your body moves it is off, horrible product. It is ripping of insurance and consumer at the same time, this is not where you make an extra buck this is screwing around with people needing MEDICAL HELP for pain. Are all other generic meds made by Mylan are this sloppy? I will be asking My CVS every time no Mylan generics. Where is your Quality Assurance Mylan.”

Isabella1303 · Taken for 10 years or more August 8, 2019

For Pain: “I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 30 years as well as spinal stenosis (lumbar spine), and ankylosing spondylitis, which is the old name for RA of the lumbar spine. My rheumatologist put me on Hinamatsu's lidocaine patch in support of my other pain modifiers and it worked like a charm because the adhesive worked very well: it was easy to get off the plastic liner, it did not roll up on itself and it stayed in place overnight. Then my pharmacy was told by the insurance company they had to dispense Mylan or Actavis and now when I use them, I get stuck to the patch or it sticks to my clothes it sheets. They are just worthless! And I'm an Registed Nurse and used to applying these things”

Twty · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I've had numerous invasive spinal surgeries, sciatic nerve pain, as well as discomfort at the site of my neurostimulator implantation. The patches alleviate the discomfort in conjunction with a medication regime put in place by my pain management doctor that I follow to the letter allowing for less medication having to be taken while they're in use. I've had no side effects. Overall a very positive experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more March 8, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!”

Sapphirereflection · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 12, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I've found the patches stay on my back better if I use rubbing alcohol to clean my skin, allowing it to airdry prior to applying the patch. My husband must help me apply them because they are hard to get on your upper back by yourself. Also it seems like my body gets used to them after a few weeks so I will take a break from using them for a few days. My biggest complaint is that they are so expensive. I must use 3 for them to be effective but I have a high deductible insurance plan so there are times I simply can not afford the patches.”

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced".”

Margo · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2021

Lidoderm (lidocaine): “These patches are a waste of money. My portion was $71.00. They don’t stick to your skin. The material is like thin cheap plastic. I can’t believe this company is allowed to rip people off like this. Especially people in pain. I’m stuck now for a month with severe lower back pain because my insurance won’t let me get a different brand. So thanks for the pain Mylan. You should be ashamed. They other brand I was on was perfect.”

blueeye April 1, 2013

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “This worked quite well for acute severe shoulder rotater cuff pain but took a couple of hours to kick in. The weirdest thing though is I had a side effect where I saw yellow color on white walls. Also had a little trouble focusing eyes and was a little dizzy. Would go away when wore off and then same thing when tried again, so had to stop.”

h/b February 16, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “Bursitis in shoulder - had received numerous Injections over multi years - Dr suggested Surgery or try Lidocaine Patch - applied Patch over 120 days and then discontinued - it has been 2 years with no further pain - AMAZING.”

blueXS · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “My doctor gave me a couple of these to try out before I filled a script for them (for shoulder and lower back pain). I cut them up because they are HUGE. Put ½ on my back and ½ on my shoulder the first night. I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours a night for the last week because of my back (that's with oxymorphone and oxycodone) and WOW, slept like a baby! Took my back pain from an 8 to a 3. I didn't even notice the patch was there. Now for my shoulder though, these things aren't very sticky and so the movement makes them come off in just a couple minutes. I taped it down, but it's kinda bubbling in the middle and I'm having a hard time keeping it in contact with my skin unless I'm holding my arm just so.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 28, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I was in a car accident and suffered a 4th rib fracture, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th ribs were also injured and suffered pectus excavatum. The Lidoderm pain patches helped to decrease my pain level from a 10 to a 3. I can not ride in a car with out wearing these patches. I wear one in my subclavian area and two in my 6th and 7th thoracic area (total of 3). These patches really manage the pain.”

NJKat June 20, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I have CHRONIC sacroiliac joint and coccyx pain that does not show up on MRI or X-ray and I've used this patch for a little over 1 month with NO side effects whatsoever. I do notice that it takes about 2 to 3 days to feel the "full effect" of the medication and I do notice the increase in pain if I skip a day. Maximum pain for me WITH the patch is about a 2 and that's great.”

Ellie · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2019

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: “I have used the Mylan lidocaine pain patches for a few years. I had the ones with the white cotton backing. They were perfect. My last few boxes though were a plastic backing that don’t stick to my skin after ten minutes. These plastic backed lidocaine pain patches are totally a waste. I wasted five patches before getting two to stick to my skin. Why on earth did this company change the patches! Now, I'll have to ask the pharmacist if there is another brand I can switch to. I am very unhappy with these nonsticking, worthless lidocaine patches.”

Donor · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

Lidoderm (lidocaine): “These are totally ridiculous. I spoke to pharmacy and they can't help me, but suggested I call the Mylan to complain. 2 hours later I still need a new rx for a different brand. These are worthless but how would a person know to specify a brand? Awful awful.”

Miami · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Pain: “My parents had the Lidoderm 5% patches and spoke highly of them. When I somehow threw out my neck/shoulder, I picked up Lidocaine patch 5% made by Mylar not realizing there’d be such a difference. The Mylan patches are absolutely worthless! They don’t stick to skin at all, they fold up and stick to themselves, and I really didn’t notice any pain relief. I tried using these patches twice (12 hours on, 12 hours off) and it was an absolute joke. I gave up on them and took Ibuprofen instead which provided much, much better relief.”

riteaidmgr · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 31, 2016

For Pain: “Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #”

Gingerkat · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Pain: “Mylan brand lidocaine patches are terrible, it doesn't stick to skin making it useless. I recently received these due to Qualitest no longer making them (Qualitest lidocaine was very effective), but I threw these mylan ones out after 2 attempts of keeping them on. Don't waste money. Activis brand is opposite being extra sticky/gummy leaving residue and a terrible allergic reaction. Come on drug companies, you can do better! Maybe someone can replicate Qualitest patches”

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

For Pain: “I had used previous the lidocaine patch made by Qualitest and they are wonderful. Now I guess there is a generic patch made by Mylan which is a complete waste of time and money. It is like the brown part of a bandaid. It rolls up on all sides when applying to the skin. I tried to put one on my foot and then put a sock over it. When I took the sock off the patch was stuck to the sock. I almost destroyed my sock trying to get the patch off of it. The Mylan patch is so thin and provides no relief what so ever. We have had a freezing winter and there is no way to apply any topical lidocaine because of all the clothes that one has to wear at this time. It has been a long miserable winter needless to say. I worked many years to have my employer based insurance. What is the purpose of having the insurance when it is useless to you. What a rip off.”

Anonymous October 24, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I use lidoderm patch for upper back pain spasums. The patch works well for this type of pain. I also found that the patch works wonderful for sex. Very seldom can I stick around long (about 30 min) enough for my wife to climax. However, using the patch about 1 hour before sex dulls the sensitivity, which allows me time for her to reach the big "0". Happy wife happy life!”

Another victim of bad meds · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: “I have been using the generic lidocaine patches for years, with great results. My pharmacy, which I have to use because of my insurance, switched to generic patches from Mylan. These new patches are HORRIBLE!!! They are stiff and do NOT stick at all! I am stuck with a 6 month supply of patches that DON'T work. I've spent over an hour with various people at the pharmacy! And they all say it's not their problem. Great. Just great.”