User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Eha Lotion, Ela-Max, ...show all 52 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Local Anesthesia 1 reviews 96 medications

4.5
Postherpetic Neuralgia 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Lidocaine reviews 89 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Pain: "I purchased a box of Odor Free Aspercreme Lidocaine Patch (5 count) from seeing advertisement on tv..The box cost me almost $15.00. I was very excited to try these patches. The first patch stayed adhered in place for all of 3 hours, the second patch stayed in place for 2 hours. I have just applied the 3rd patch and am praying it will stay on long enough to relieve the pain in my neck/shoulder. I have applied duct tape over it to try and make the patch stay put!!! I cleaned patch area with soap/water and dried throughly then waited 30 minutes for area to air dry before applying patch. The package says its good for up to 12 hours...thats great if it would stay on. Does not stay on long enough for me to criteque its usefulness. Thank you"

Sunshine sharon September 20, 2016

For Pain: "Bought an over the counter lidocaine creme recommended for waxing pain numbing by the pharmacy and I felt no different even after an hour. Seriously useless. Don't waste your money."

IsThisNameBeingUsed September 15, 2016

For Pain: "really no idea if the medicine works or not because they do not stick. If you can lay on your stomach for 12 hours and not move then maybe you can figure out if they work. I cut one in half, stuck in on my low back, got in bed and 5 minutes later I feel something I am laying on. I reach down and pull out something that looks like a French fry only to learn it is my pain patch that lasted a total of 5 minutes. I put the other half on and sat down to type this review and when I got up out of my chair, it was all rolled up..PITIFUL, PITIFUL PRODUCT. I AM RETURNING IN AM FOR A FULL REFUND...DO NOT BUY THE MYLAN LIDOCAINE 5% PATCH....NOT WORTH $5.00 MUCH LESS $200+.. DON'T BUY IT...."

TALLSTEVE September 14, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Had a spinal fusion back in 2000 and over the years on and off I have used the Watson Lidocaine 5% patches. Last year my insurance sent me Mylan. What a waste of time and money. Who thought of manufacturing plastic patches for the skin. They not only pinch the skin but also don't stick, at all! I can't imagine if I was walking in the summer and had one on. Shame on you Mylan, a call to customer service was to no avail. The cost of the Watson Brand (which I loved) is so expensive now. I won't be ordering them anymore. The point is Mylan's co-pay was affordable but didn't stick and Watson co-pay is too much."

mak624 September 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The 5% patches that i have been using for the last 3 years work well for short periods of time, about 4-5 hours. Reduces the need for hydrocodone. However, stay away from the Mylan brand. They are only 140 mg of lidocaine opposed to the standard 700mg. They get away with this by making the patch thinner so it is still 5%. It doesn't stick and it doesn't work for me. Got stuck with a few boxes that my insurance had to pay for. Ended up switching all my prescriptions from Rite-Aid to Walgreens."

Retireex September 7, 2016

For Pain: "Been using lidocaine patches for a few years now. Had to transfer prescription from Rite Aid to Walgreens because they started using Mylan brand patches. Read the label. They are only 140Mg of lidocaine compared to the standard 700mg. They get away with calling these 5% patches because they made them paper thin. They don't work."

399 August 30, 2016

For Pain: "These patches are WORTHLESS. They do not adhere to skin & are plastic. I have used another brand before & they were wonderful. I would like to get reinbursed for copay, which is only $10 but these patches are not worth getting for free, even free would be over charging."

Marilyn53 August 20, 2016

RectiCare (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "This product really works! It is the first thing that really provided fast pain relief. It is a little on the expensive side but worth every penny since it actually works."

satisfied #5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

RectiCare (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "Finally a product that relieved the burning and itch! Great product! Would recommend."

RectiCare User (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Sunburn: "I sprayed this on my mild sunburn and it intensified the burn by 5. I immediately had to shower with cool water. Instead of having my mild sunburn I ended up with a really intense sunburn. It was horrible experience! Parents should be really careful using this product on children."

zoles August 11, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The patches work wonders for my back pain. I put one on and 10 to 20 minutes later I have no pain for the next 12 hours!"

Neebug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "Pretty sad when you try everything you can to get them to stick, but the insurance has to pay and you get stuck with a copay, you put it on and within minutes it's off. I've had Qualitest brand and they are number one. They stay put. So I just endure the pain because you can't get the script filled before it's time, and if you use them before you can refill tough... Suffer... Nice to know pharmacies don't care and doctors are getting so cold on people with pain issues. They really don't give a poop either"

Nonstksubj July 23, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "I have used these patches with great success for years but yesterday I was given the new Mylan brand and they are awful...they will not stick and I am allergic to surgical tape so can't keep them on. They just plain will not stick except to themselves. I am stuck with 90 patches that I most likely will not be able to use and I am going to be in pain all month until I can get my next RX. You can bet I will ask for my old brand next time."

Narci (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I've been on narcotic pain meds for over 20 years for severe degenerative joint disease in my back and several other joints. My doctor gave me lidocaine 5% patches to try about a month ago. I seriously doubted they would help, as any other topical creams have never helped much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They work so well that I have decreased my opiate dosage by half and am able to be more active than I have been in years. I don't think that they will work that well for everyone, but I do recommend everyone try them if they can, it has been a godsend for me."

killmenowgod July 13, 2016

For Pain: "I can't tell if this expensive patch is working because I can't get it to adhere. I already use other patches so I know I'm putting it on correctly as instructions indicate. I'm in Galveston Texas and I am keeping them stored in accordance to instructions. Anyone else having same issues?"

mrs N. July 8, 2016

For Pain: "Mylan Pharmaceutical lidocaine patches do not stick to skin, has a plastic backing so is very hot. Need to use 10 strips of tape and still did not stick well. Have doctor order from endo Pharmamaceuticals stick well and has cloth backing. love this patch"

ladynphx July 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have cervical & lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated discs and several other spinal issues. The lumbar part causes extreme pain in my hip to the point I can barely walk. I'm waiting for pain mgmt appt, but after seeing them for cervical problems I have zero confidence they will help. In the meantime, my gp precribed these in addition to oral pain med. After reading reviews here, I'm glad I went to walgreens because I got the ones from watson. They stick well so far. Too soon to say how well they work because I just applied a little while ago. It does seem a little better already though. Pretty expensive co-pay, but if it helps I'll find a way to afford it."

Amypond (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Lidocaine 5% patch...What a waste of time and money. Product did NOT relieve my bursitis pain. The "metallic" taste went away after a couple of weeks. The blurred vision, sensitive eyesight to sun and complicated way of using this product I could have dealt with if only it had worked. Do not waste your money and time"

Estel (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "First time in years I was pain free Better than an pain medicine I have ever used"

Right Choice (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Pain: "I am a recovering addict who suffers from terrible back pain. Unfortunately, I am unable to take any scheduled pain medications because of my fear of relapse. My Dr suggested lidocaine patches by Endo Pharmaceuticals. I told him that I was willing to try anything because 1200 mg of ibuprofen was not touching the pain. I am so grateful for his suggestion. These patches have helped relieved my pain so much. I am able to sleep through the night and face my day pain free. Thank you Endo for making these patches. I was out of alternatives and had lost hope."

UT1982 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "I used lidoderm patches for many years and I relief my pain. It is horrible that medicare not allow to use it because I don't have shingles or diabetic! I wish to know who made that stupid decision or it is medicare doesn't want to pay for it."

ld261 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Local Anesthesia: "I sprayed it on the irritation which had hurt like a son of gun, and it immediately stopped hurting."

Codythehunter13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Sunburn: "When you use it it may still hurt. For me, I put it on before bed and leave until morning. By the morning it is an improvement. Every time it has taken the sunburn off almost completely or fully complete."

SolarCaineReviewer April 19, 2016

For Pain: "Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016