User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Astero, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lido V Pak, DermacinRx Lidotral, Dermaflex, ...show all 58 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Local Anesthesia 3 reviews 101 medications

Postherpetic Neuralgia 4 reviews 39 medications

2.8
Summary of Lidocaine reviews 124 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Neuropathic Pain: "I've been using Lidocaine patches for years now. Recently I became a Medicare patient and can no longer afford them. A friend of mine brought me some of hers. They were made by Mylan. 1. They would not stick unless I used paper tape to hold them down (this is a must if you have to use these). 2. When I wore them on the inside of my knee they split into. 3. I did not receive any pain relief. 4. These cost $100's if you do not have insurance. Medicare will Not pay. 5. Anyone that gives this product anything but a 1 must have stock in the company. The GOOD NEWS! While I cannot afford them, I will tell you I was using same percentage but made by a company called Watson. These patches are over 1/8" thick gel/cloth back. These WORK!"

Texasaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anesthesia: "I don't know if I am applying it wrong (but thats not possible cause there is only one way to apply a gel), but this thing does not work not even a little bit to make any kind of pain a little bit...painless. I can still feel EVERYTHING."

AriaFroz (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Local Anesthesia: "It took me years to finally find the generic patch that works the same as Lidodem. My insurance would only let me have Lidocaine. They were all terrible. I will not named them as they are noted with other comments. Two years ago my insurance did not cover Lidocaine. I could only have the cream. After a couple of years I came down with Shingles and was in terrible pain. My doctor prescribed Lidoderm but was denied. I was in such pain that I agreed to use the Lidocaine patch. Luckily and very happy the brand that I got for Lidocaine was QUALITEST. I Google for days and found out that there are multiple manufacturers for the generic Lidoderm. Both Lidoderm and Lidocaine are manufactured by the same company. Telkoku Selyaku in Japan."

SAVIN (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "They provide some pain relief from shingles pain, but not much. The big problem is how poorly they adhere. I really wish I hadn't paid for 5. They have to be held on by a bandage."

Jonaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have relied upon Lidocaine Patches for years to help with Fibromyalgia pain, pain from many injuries, fascia pain, and more. I have used Actavis Lab 5% patches but found that they sometimes move, curl, and crinkle up thus delivering less medicine to the pain site. I have had much better success with MYLAN 5% Lidocaine Pain Patches. However my pharmacy states that they are becoming difficult to find from their suppliers. If you can locate them try them and you should find much more effectiveness from MYLAN brand patches."

Gte (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "What an absolute waste of money. They are made of cheap plastic. Uncomfortable. Do not adhere. Mylan should be ashamed of themselves. I've used name brand which were white cloth patch and effective. These are a joke! No relief. I don't believe they have any medication on them. Shame on the company!"

1ijkvt230 May 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "Put patch on for night time relief. Woke next morning with blisters and welts in the area. I now know the extent of the medication - the blisters and red marks - like a second degree burn spread throughout an area 2 - 3 times the size of the patch. Sitting, leaning back has been difficult. Wearing clothing has been difficult. Laying in bed has been painful. The Doc has given me an ointment for my skin and meds for the pain. The blisters have drained today. The burnt skin is still there. This was the FIRST time I used this product."

Skip64 May 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Junk !! Sticks to itself, slightly takes away pain! More of a mess than other lidoderm or lidocaine patches! Mess trying to remove backing, it sticks to itself, rolls up & doesn't stick well after the goop is absorbed! Junk junk junk!"

Katttt May 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Your patches will not stay on long enough to supply pain relief. When I apply one to my lower back it folds onto itself within 3 hours no matter what I do. They need to be like the Qualitest patches that I have used for years"

Edjanice2 May 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Lidoderm patches are very useful for my general pains - I have lots of joint pains. My insurance switched to Watson Lidocaine 5%. They are TERRIBLE ! Won't stay on. Curl up. come off. Can't they use a better glue?"

Don't have a nickname - me (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "These are the worst. They do not stick to skin. I can't even say that they fall off after a few minutes because I can't even get them to stick at all. Unfortunately I didn't get a choice of which brand to get because my patches came through the VA. I'm going to also let the VA know how horrible these patches are."

soflo61 April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Local Anesthesia: "Vaginal burn from internal radiation treatments. When I have to pee, sometimes the burning is unbearable. Had tried whatever the dr. order..had to have 3 catheter in 3 weeks because of bladder spasms. Finally calmed down mentally with the help of taken Xanex, burning still there but felt it was coming from my uretha. Went to urologist from suggestion from ob/by, and ER dr. Urologist suggested I try ladocaine jelly 2%... haven't went into effect yet, but Lord I hope this work..don't know how much more of this excruciating burning I can take.."

Ness11 April 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "doesn't stop the nerve pain on my foot"

kattale April 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "Lidocaine is a great pain reliever for my back; however not when I use the one from Mylan. I had previously; through a civilian Doctor received Lidoderm patches 5% from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals that has a quilted type backing on them. They are easy to peel off the plastic and apply to the skin. They last for the 12 hours recommended. The VA dispenses a Mylan 5% Lidocaine patch that sticks to itself when it is removed from the plastic and then when I am able to actually get it on my skin it does not stick and wind up wasting 2-3 before one will stick. Then within a few hours it pulls lose and sticks to my shirt. BAD PRODUCT AND RIPPING OFF A VET!"

Disabled Vet. April 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Watson 5% patch would not stay on my back. They kept rolling up. So, my pain doctor now writes brand specific only so I get the Lidoderm patches. They work great for me."

SouthernRock (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Watson are the worst although I have not tried Mylan and since I no longer have insurance and not working I won't be getting them again at 350.00 a box."

tom dicharry (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I had to use some Watson lidocaine patch's one time because my other brand was not in stock at this particular store. Although they did work they fall off in 5 minutes. I wonder if it is the difference in skin texture or something defective with my patches in this box. One user said they stick. Did I get a bad box?"

tom dicharry (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "These are terrible, will not stick at all. Tried 3 out of 5. Will return to WalMart."

Shelleybabe March 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

LidoRxKit (lidocaine) for Manscaping Pain: "Perfect experience."

Dickitch (taken for 10 years or more) March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Awful patch waste of money! They should be embarrassed to sell a patch that doesn't stick to your skin, what is the point."

Ragu67 March 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The Mylan lidocaine patches are a waste of money! They don't stay on your skin for more 2-3 hours. The problems with patches is the patch is not breathable and the adhesive does not move with your body."

Surfergirl13 March 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "Watson/Actavis (now Teva) Lidocaine 5% pain patches have been very helpful in dulling the shingles-like pain that I live with 24/7. As noted above, when you hit 65 you are out of luck because that's when the FDA approval for only one usage is enforced. To purchase these without insurance will cost as much or more as my monthly Social Security "income." Age discrimination, plain and simple. I will continue to fight to get the only topical pain relief that is effective and doesn't cause a rash."

Literal Pain in the A** February 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "The VA now dispenses the Mylan patches instead of the Qualitest. They are not even remotely comparable, plus the Mylan patches give me a headache. Do not accept these patches as you will be disappointed and will waste your money."

Cswf February 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "My insurance substituted Mylan brand, my last prescription in January 2017. The WORST patch ever. They are plastic, hard to remove from backing and they DON'T stick. Don't waste your money. Had been using Qualitest patches previously, which worked well. Why insurance chose to change, I don't know. Terrible waste of my hard earned money."

doriemae (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "The Mylar patches are HORRIBLE!!! They don't stick and thus they don't relieve the pain. New insurance forced me to switch to the Mylar brand. . I will switch back to Actavis brand. They work perfectly. But the insurance coverage is not as good"

Michelle gutierrez February 7, 2017