User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Local Anesthesia 1 reviews 96 medications

4.5
Postherpetic Neuralgia 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Lidocaine reviews 83 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Pain: "These patches are WORTHLESS. They do not adhere to skin & are plastic. I have used another brand before & they were wonderful. I would like to get reinbursed for copay, which is only $10 but these patches are not worth getting for free, even free would be over charging."

Marilyn53 August 20, 2016

RectiCare (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "This product really works! It is the first thing that really provided fast pain relief. It is a little on the expensive side but worth every penny since it actually works."

satisfied #5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

RectiCare (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "Finally a product that relieved the burning and itch! Great product! Would recommend."

RectiCare User (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Sunburn: "I sprayed this on my mild sunburn and it intensified the burn by 5. I immediately had to shower with cool water. Instead of having my mild sunburn I ended up with a really intense sunburn. It was horrible experience! Parents should be really careful using this product on children."

zoles August 11, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The patches work wonders for my back pain. I put one on and 10 to 20 minutes later I have no pain for the next 12 hours!"

Neebug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "Pretty sad when you try everything you can to get them to stick, but the insurance has to pay and you get stuck with a copay, you put it on and within minutes it's off. I've had Qualitest brand and they are number one. They stay put. So I just endure the pain because you can't get the script filled before it's time, and if you use them before you can refill tough... Suffer... Nice to know pharmacies don't care and doctors are getting so cold on people with pain issues. They really don't give a poop either"

Nonstksubj July 23, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "I have used these patches with great success for years but yesterday I was given the new Mylan brand and they are awful...they will not stick and I am allergic to surgical tape so can't keep them on. They just plain will not stick except to themselves. I am stuck with 90 patches that I most likely will not be able to use and I am going to be in pain all month until I can get my next RX. You can bet I will ask for my old brand next time."

Narci (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I've been on narcotic pain meds for over 20 years for severe degenerative joint disease in my back and several other joints. My doctor gave me lidocaine 5% patches to try about a month ago. I seriously doubted they would help, as any other topical creams have never helped much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They work so well that I have decreased my opiate dosage by half and am able to be more active than I have been in years. I don't think that they will work that well for everyone, but I do recommend everyone try them if they can, it has been a godsend for me."

killmenowgod July 13, 2016

For Pain: "I can't tell if this expensive patch is working because I can't get it to adhere. I already use other patches so I know I'm putting it on correctly as instructions indicate. I'm in Galveston Texas and I am keeping them stored in accordance to instructions. Anyone else having same issues?"

mrs N. July 8, 2016

For Pain: "Mylan Pharmaceutical lidocaine patches do not stick to skin, has a plastic backing so is very hot. Need to use 10 strips of tape and still did not stick well. Have doctor order from endo Pharmamaceuticals stick well and has cloth backing. love this patch"

ladynphx July 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have cervical & lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated discs and several other spinal issues. The lumbar part causes extreme pain in my hip to the point I can barely walk. I'm waiting for pain mgmt appt, but after seeing them for cervical problems I have zero confidence they will help. In the meantime, my gp precribed these in addition to oral pain med. After reading reviews here, I'm glad I went to walgreens because I got the ones from watson. They stick well so far. Too soon to say how well they work because I just applied a little while ago. It does seem a little better already though. Pretty expensive co-pay, but if it helps I'll find a way to afford it."

Amypond (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Lidocaine 5% patch...What a waste of time and money. Product did NOT relieve my bursitis pain. The "metallic" taste went away after a couple of weeks. The blurred vision, sensitive eyesight to sun and complicated way of using this product I could have dealt with if only it had worked. Do not waste your money and time"

Estel (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "First time in years I was pain free Better than an pain medicine I have ever used"

Right Choice (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Pain: "I am a recovering addict who suffers from terrible back pain. Unfortunately, I am unable to take any scheduled pain medications because of my fear of relapse. My Dr suggested lidocaine patches by Endo Pharmaceuticals. I told him that I was willing to try anything because 1200 mg of ibuprofen was not touching the pain. I am so grateful for his suggestion. These patches have helped relieved my pain so much. I am able to sleep through the night and face my day pain free. Thank you Endo for making these patches. I was out of alternatives and had lost hope."

UT1982 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "I used lidoderm patches for many years and I relief my pain. It is horrible that medicare not allow to use it because I don't have shingles or diabetic! I wish to know who made that stupid decision or it is medicare doesn't want to pay for it."

ld261 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Local Anesthesia: "I sprayed it on the irritation which had hurt like a son of gun, and it immediately stopped hurting."

Codythehunter13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Sunburn: "When you use it it may still hurt. For me, I put it on before bed and leave until morning. By the morning it is an improvement. Every time it has taken the sunburn off almost completely or fully complete."

SolarCaineReviewer April 19, 2016

For Pain: "Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

For Pain: "My experience with Lidocaine has been so great, but only by one company; Watson! There is another brand of lidocaine: Mylan •doesn't work •won't stick to skin •Isn't flexible like other brand •It doesn't STAY stuck ONLY BUY IF THE LINDOCAINE IS BY: Watson"

Gentryholbrook April 9, 2016

For Pain: "Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #"

riteaidmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

For Pain: "I have used the lidocaine patches by Watson for years for osteoporosis in my neck and back and they decreased my pain from a 10 to a 3. No narcotics needed. Now I have been given the lidocaine patch made by Milan and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. .WASTE OF MONEY.. USELESS. Not only are they nearly impossible to separate from the plastic backing once you finally get them on they start peeling up immediately. . These are a total waste of money and someone should do something about this because the Mylan company surely doesn't care. .. now I will need to take a pill to help with the pain..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

For Pain: "I have been using the brand name and Watson for sever back pain. Recently, some of mine were substituted with Mylan! Huge mistake... HORRIBLE THE WORST! They are cheating people out of money for an ineffective product! My grade: -100"

Ntrdame March 13, 2016