User Reviews for Lidocaine topical

Also known as: AneCream, Bactine, Glydo, LidaMantle, Lidoderm, LidoRx, Medi-Quik Spray, RadiaGuard, Regenecare HA Spray, Solarcaine Aloe Extra Burn Relief

Manscaping Pain

4.3

Postherpetic Neuralgia

Summary of Lidocaine reviews 5.0 166 reviews

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Pain: " The Brand name product Lidoderm, works excellently. I have Spinal stenosis, degenerative discs, spinal spurs scistic pain! I used it for 12 years & suddenly the insurance made me use a generic lidocaine patch. It is so thin, smaller & plastic feeling. After removing the plastic covering & moving it from the front to the back of my lumbar & sciatic areas , the patch rolls on itself! It also is not as effective! I was told by the insurance company that the patch was not intended for back pain, only for those suffering from Shingles. I had Shingles in 1980 & apparently the patch had not been invented yet! They prescribed Tylenol 2 & it caused delirium! The manufacturers & insurance companies are complicit in denial of the original product. Nothing else compares!"

Angie December 6, 2018

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for : "I used Lidoderm patches for years with wonderful results. Then generics came out. The Activas brand is close to the name brand but I end up with my fingers sticky because there is adhesive you can’t avoid when you peel off the plastic. Now I have CVS Caremark for my prescription coverage and was sent a 90 day supply of Mylan patches. These are AWFUL! The previously mentioned patches have a cloth feel on the outside. Not Mylan! Mylan patches have a plastic backing. I can get the patch to stick to my skin, but within 30 minutes, my sweating behind the patch because the plastic backing doesn’t allow the patch to breathe. Once I start sweating, the patch doesn’t adhere, so it is no longer delivering medication! If I wait a few minutes, the Mylan patch just slides off. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patch. It is worthless! I highly recommend the name brand Lidoderm patch."

Elena November 14, 2018

For Pain: "Totally useless all around. No relief, and doesn’t stick. Hard to peel the backing off. No more effective than putting scotch tape on, though at least that would stick better. How is this even on the market? Didn’t know I was being sent this awful generic and had waited weeks. Have to see now about getting the usual Lidoderm patch. Guess another month of back pain."

Drina November 12, 2018

For Pain: "I am using the brand, Actavis Lidocaine Patch 5%. Horribly gooey. Gel comes out on edges of patch. Really messy. The patch by Qualitest relieves the pain and stays on nicely, with no goo."

Maggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

RadiaGuard (lidocaine) for Burns, External: "This is the best cream in the market for the terrible effects of radiation skin burn. It’s amazing how this article tries to scare you with side effects of lidocaine , when the product has 1% and the rest 99% is a combination of Alie and other fabulous ingredients to help sooth and rebuild the skin . Obviously this website is confused, and they have no idea how much this product helps so many people"

Mary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2018

For Hemorrhoids: "This is the best for hemorrhoids hands down..."

Coco (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "Save your money and time and use ice or a heating pad. Completely USELESS!!!"

Kiki (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "Lidocaine 5, used for cervical dystonia"

Coco September 25, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I find the Lidocaine patches useful. The Mylan brand, however, sucks. It won't conform or stay on. This brand is a total rip off. The Actavis Lidocaine patches are great. Not "plastic", but almost cloth like. I cannot stress enough the difference between the 2 products. Remember Actavis GOOD, Mylan TERRIBLE."

GG (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2018

For Pain: "It won't stick AND it doesn't relieves pain as the original brand. Poor quality! You get what you paid for ... this is a fact in this case"

lola (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Pain: "The first time I tried this patch I cut it into pieces to match where my pain was and each piece curled up and did not stick so I applied tape to keep it on. Within a few hours it it all curled up and dried. The second day I tried Mylan patches I kept the patch in one piece thinking that would help I framed it with tape because it began peeling up the moment I applied it. It is not adhere to the skin and it’s hard to peel off the transparent covering this is a terrible product at a very high price."

Jensby (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Ridiculous. ...Mylan should be embarrassed to say the least. You might as well be putting scotch tape on your body instead. That's how useless and uncomfortable the product is!!! Change your product MYLAN. Maybe Endo Pharmaceutical could give you some pointers!"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

AneCream (lidocaine) for Pain: "This is amazing. Better than any pain pills ever"

Loving it (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "Re: LIDOCAINE 5% PATCH By MYLAN is the worst I have ever seen. I was using a brand by ACTAVIS that was great. These by Mylan do not stick at all, it’s like there isn’t even any medication in them either, HORRIBLE. I WOULD GIVE IT A NEGATIVE rating but I couldn’t. I got these by prescription at CVS. Tomorrow I will take one of each brand and show the pharmacist how horrible and waste of money they are."

Puppietoes (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2018

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have severe Bursitis in my Hip. My past prescriptions were Patches by Pfizer. They were Wonderful! This New prescription I was given Lidocaine Patch 5% by Drug Manufacturer MYLAN..HORRIBLE! THEY WILL NOT STAY ON MY SKIN..I CAN NOT RETURN THEM TO CVS. I Complained to my Doctor and CVS... I WILL NEVER BUT THESE AGAIN...WASTE OF MONEY !"

Jan (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine) for Pain: "I'm very upset about these aspercreme patches they don't even stay on for one minute without peeling back off . Totally a waste of $13 dollars . Very upsetting."

Shell (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

LMX 5 (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "This cream is the best for hemmies, as we call them in the doctor’s office I work in. I’ve used it off and on for 20 years when I have a flare, when constipation and pushing leaves painful hemmies. Nothing is worse. A 30 gram tube will run $60, give or take. But it lasts quite awhile. It has been the same price for the 20 years. I’ve tried other brands and they work. But something in this brand makes it last longer. This usually works for me: Clean the area gently with Toilet Paper (TP) and witch hazel. Pat dry. Then apply a peanut size amount using TP. Repeat in 2-4 hours. Take Metamucil or stool softener daily and BM’s will be consistent and not hard. Avoid pushing hard with bowel motions. Use hot sitz baths as much as you can. Take a OTC pain reliever and you’re good to go. Well, for the most part. I had surgery 20+ years ago and it lasted maybe 4 years?"

Annie (taken for 10 years or more) June 22, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "My roommate & I both have used the Qualitest lidocaine patches for several years. We were happy with the results & had no side effects. Recently we both have experienced blistering skin reactions at the site of usage. The lot number is 57298 with a 4/2020 expiration date. So right now I am unable to use the patches until my skin heals. Has anyone else had this happen?"

Razzy (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: "Mylan lidocaine patches are useless. They do not stick at all. When you try to put them on they wrinkle up. They fall off within 1 hour."

Teacher 65 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 28, 2018

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "If I could give a lower rating than 1, I would. I have used Lidoderm by 2 other manufacturers in the past so can say with authority that the Mylan patch is horrible. What good is it if it doesn't stay on? Having to tape it is unacceptable (and doesn't work), especially considering the cost. I cannot believe the Mylan version was given FDA approval. As a registered nurse, I am appalled that this company would make such an inferior product for people who must live with pain. I recommend Lidoderm widely, but now I am telling everyone I know to avoid it if they have no choice but the ineffective Mylan formulation of it."

CLEP (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2018

For Pain: "At first didn't notice if was working. After about an hour I stopped thinking about it and went on about my day. Later I realized that it was working because my focus was no longer on the pain."

Kathy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for : "The worst. They don't stick. They are NOTHING like the flexible, cushiony generics I used to get. I told CVS they were no good and I was told this was the only kind they were going to carry. I then said I was going to change pharmacies and I was told "OK, No problem". These patches are a HUGE problem. Worthless."

kadyholiday (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Anesthesia: "This is a great item for Elders who skin can not handle the super sticky glue types. Hear do not stick as well and this is a good thing. Thin skin tears and burns easy."

Lauri April 13, 2018

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "My first question is why did Mylan discontinue making the cotton patches that actually stuck to your skin and start producing a less quality patch that would not stick to a dry surface of any kind? Secondly, who test these products and provides the thumbs up for quality control? And third, why do the consumers have to settle with less quality medicines as the prices inflate to purchase and the stocks just continue to rise."

wolfeboy38 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Local Anesthesia: "My experience with this medication was traumatizing. This was used as a local anesthia for a procedure I was awake. I had to receive multiple injections. After the first injection I knew something was wrong. My vision went blurry, my eyes felt like they were rapidly moving uncontrollably, my feet started twitching uncontrollably, and the heart rate machine was beeping as if my heart was going so fast, then it would suddenly drop and give the flat line noise, when that happened my chest felt "hollow" and I felt as if I was taking my last breathe. I kept telling the nurse to talk to me, I felt like I would loss consciousness at any moment, I literally felt like I was dying on the table. It was the scariest thing I have EVER experienced. They told me I had a rare reaction to the medication but that I was okay. And they let me leave. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 10 minutes max, but no-one will ever come near me with lidocaine ever again."

Anon March 23, 2018