User Reviews for Benzocaine

Also known as: Americaine, Americaine Anesthetic Lubricant, Americaine Hemorrhoidal, Anacaine, Anbesol, Anbesol Baby, Anbesol Cold Sore, Babee Teething Lotion, BeeGentle, Benz-O-Sthetic, Benzo-Jel, Bicozene, Boil Ease Pain Relieving, Caine Tips Oral Pain Relief, Cepacol Dual Relief Sore Throat, ...show all 67 brand names

Learn more about Benzocaine.

Cold Sores 3 reviews 33 medications

Burns, External 1 reviews 109 medications

5.5
Summary of Benzocaine reviews 13 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Benzocaine

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pruritus: "My thighs rubbed together all the time and wearing skirts or dresses or even going to sleep made me uncomfortable...applying the gel made me comfortable...no side effects.... I am happy I found this product and my skin is alot better... I used to use powder and found that my skin got worse and hurt... After using this gel my skin is so much better...as for a primer... No thanks.... I use witch hazel as a cleaner and first aide... Anyway... Once again I am so happy I found this product...."

Waifu (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Oral and Dental Conditions: "My dentist used Benzocaine gel/ointment to numb my gum prior to dental filling. Within half an hour, my tongue, cheek,gum,lip, complete side of face had swollen to painful gigantic proportions. I had to attend hospital as an emergency arranged by dentist , to see a max.facial consultant who had to prescribe an anti-histamine. The swelling took well over a week to gradually subside to normal, but completely ruined my 65th family birthday party, a few days after, as I could barely speak and could have no photos taken !!! I now check every medical spray or ointment/cream to ensure I am not using this chemical......"

Gran75 January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cepacol Dual Relief Sore Throat (benzocaine) for Sore Throat: "Cepacol spray has worked for me better than any spray or lozenge. Its effectiveness is almost immediate. My problem is that I haven't been able to find this product for a few years. When I didn't have a bottle with me and I bought the other brand of spray, the results were not nearly as effective. I continue to look for Cepacol spray."

J0ann November 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Topical Anesthetic Dental Gel (benzocaine) for Oral and Dental Conditions: "This product was used by my dentist in the office. Immediately, the excessive amount of gel started running down the back of my throat. I was nauseated, vomited later, my throat was numb, I had profuse increase in saliva, coughing, then wheezing and began to break out in hives. I found a 25 mg Benadryl, took it, drank several cups of water and eventually the symptoms improved."

Java-Jave June 20, 2015

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Orajel (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I put some Orajel on my lip, as soon as I felt the cold sore coming on. It instantly numbed it and I can go on with my day without thinking about it."

Onniehun April 15, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Orajel (benzocaine) for Aphthous Ulcer: "Worked well on me but made me a bit woozey, effective for short term pain relief but be carefull not to exceed dose, morning, lunch, evening and just before bed is enough, then see a dentist."

steeviedee (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2015

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pain: "Peripheral Neuropathy : Used Lanacane on area of leg and several toes during the day for relief over and above four pain medications I take. In spring of 2012 I developed a low red blood count (5) and needed transfusion. After many tests including bone biopsy was diagnosed with MDS and set up for Procrit . I had 1 injection and started researching my disease & quickly discovered info on benzocaine. I stopped using immediately & have had normal tests since then. I lay no blame on anyone but myself because this cream is meant for temporary use only and I used it for probably 5 or 6 yrs. Thank you for your interest. I am a 74 yr female."

hgram February 12, 2013

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Skeeter Stik (benzocaine) for Pruritus: "Skeeter Stik is the best itch medicine stick for insect bites that I have used."

NevaS May 13, 2011

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Retre-Gel (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I have tried all kinds of treatments for my cold sores. None seem to help, until I found Retre gel. This product is great! It stops the growth of the lesion from the start. The benzocaine helps to numb the area, which helps to keep your fingers and tongue away from the sore. I love this product and will tell others about it and I'll use it always."

trudimiller333 January 18, 2011

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Anbesol Cold Sore (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I've used this to help with the pain associated with cold sores and along with helping manage the pain it seems to speed up the healing time. I'd recommend it!"

Anonymous November 30, 2009

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trocaine (benzocaine) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Immediate - gave relief from throat pain due to tonsillitis."

nayangandhi June 25, 2009

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pruritus: "I am diabetic and have itches over several parts of the body. I discovered Lanacane by accident and it works wonders for me. The problem with Lanacane is that body heat makes it melt and it runs off on the bed, in the clothing, etc, therefore the duration on the skin is reduced. Also, I have discovered that with repeated use, the skin became red. I am now applying a generous layer of body powder (talc) over Lanacane. This prevents Lanacane from melting and running off the skin. The duration is about tripled, and there is no more irritated, red skin. The more powder you apply the better. You end up looking like fried chicken but you will feel much much better."

GuyH March 15, 2009

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray (benzocaine) for Burns, External: "I had a third degree sunburn once and used this - it's the best for a sunburn. I couldn't even wear clothes. This was a life saver. It helped me to get back to normal quickly and to tolerate the pain. I am really careful as to not get sunburnt now but I keep Solarcaine on hand."

dollylee April 17, 2008