User Reviews for Benzocaine topical to treat Oral and Dental Conditions

Also known as: Dermoplast, Orajel, Anbesol, Hurricaine, Orabase, Boil Ease Pain Relieving, Topical Anesthetic Dental Gel, Lanacane, Zilactin-B, Benzodent, Cepacol Dual Relief Sore Throat, Americaine, Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray, Topex, Kank-a, Chigger-Tox, Chloraseptic Sore Throat Relief Strips, Cepacol Sensations Warming, Cepacol Sore Throat & Coating, Cepacol Ultra, Sting Relief, Cepacol Fizzlers, Cepacol Sensations Hydra, BeeGentle, OraMagic Plus, Opahl, Precaine B, Denti-Care Denti-Freeze, Benzo-Jel, Bicozene, Super Dent Topical Anesthetic Gel, Dent-O-Kain, Anacaine, Laryngesic, Americaine Anesthetic Lubricant, Ora film, Chiggerex, Numzident, Num-Zit, Medicone, Orajel Baby, Detane, Foille Plus, Gelato Topical Anesthetic Gel, Outgro Pain Relief, Sting-Kill, Americaine Hemorrhoidal, Babee Teething Lotion Anbesol Cold Sore Skeeter Stik Retre-Gel Anbesol Baby Benz-O-Sthetic Orajel Denture Plus Caine Tips Oral Pain Relief Orajel Overnight Cold Sore Patch …show all brand names

Benzocaine topical has an average rating of 2.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Oral and Dental Conditions. 10% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 70% reported a negative effect.

Benzocaine topical Rating Summary

2.7/10 average rating

Compare all 239 medications used in the treatment of Oral and Dental Conditions.

Reviews for Benzocaine topical

Jam · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2019

Orajel (benzocaine): “Bought this medicine after reading about it. Tried it on the areas needed but it took forty five minutes before it took effect. I've only done this twice today after buying it but have now noticed a rash on my cheeks and around my mouth. Will not be using anytime soon and will be returning it back to HEB for complete refund!”

Glymmer · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

Kank-a (benzocaine): “I have a bad toothache and have tried almost every mouth numbing medicine on the market. Kanka works the best out of any I've tried and the kind that comes in the bottle lasts the longest. (Though it burns at first and can be sticky and messy), I recommend for any mouth or tooth pain .”

Samd1983 · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

Orajel (benzocaine): “I had a tooth ache after a deep filling I figured it was from a high bite but orajel didn't seem to ease it much but the new orajel toothache mouth wash did take pain away. I did swish it about 5 times a day but it did help 60%.”

momOf4 August 19, 2020

Orajel (benzocaine): “I used orajel after I needed to have a tooth pulled and had to use it along my entire bottom gum. It numbed the area very quickly, but it went away just as fast. It lasted maybe two minutes. I would not recommend the product to anyone.”

Java-Jave June 20, 2015

Topical Anesthetic Dental Gel (benzocaine): “This product was used by my dentist in the office. Immediately, the excessive amount of gel started running down the back of my throat. I was nauseated, vomited later, my throat was numb, I had profuse increase in saliva, coughing, then wheezing and began to break out in hives. I found a 25 mg Benadryl, took it, drank several cups of water and eventually the symptoms improved.”

Gran75 January 23, 2017

“My dentist used Benzocaine gel/ointment to numb my gum prior to dental filling. Within half an hour, my tongue, cheek,gum,lip, complete side of face had swollen to painful gigantic proportions. I had to attend hospital as an emergency arranged by dentist , to see a max.facial consultant who had to prescribe an anti-histamine. The swelling took well over a week to gradually subside to normal, but completely ruined my 65th family birthday party, a few days after, as I could barely speak and could have no photos taken !!! I now check every medical spray or ointment/cream to ensure I am not using this chemical......”

WindyCityBri23 September 6, 2017

“I purchased the topical cream to help with pain from a canker sore in my mouth. I applied the medication myself, putting the tube over the affected area. I didn't see how much came out, so I could've given myself too much. But, immediately, I started dealing with an increase in saliva that became uncomfortable and made it hard to sleep. I tried to rinse my mouth with water multiple times, but it left my throat feeling clogged up with saliva. Even now, after several hours sleep, the symptoms persist, leaving an uncomfortable feeling in my mouth. I'm just hoping I didn't swallow too much and cause any damage. My recommendation: use very very small amounts, or not at all.”

ry · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2020

Anbesol (benzocaine): “Anbesol DOES anesthetize a cold sore, but for some reason it always seems to make the sore worse by widening or deepening it.”

A · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2018

Orajel (benzocaine): “Did very little for painful mouth”

Henry8 · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Orajel Denture Plus (benzocaine): “Bought Ora jel extra strength for toothache. Said fast acting. More like running marathon, it is slow acting.”

Learn more about Oral and Dental Conditions