User Reviews for Lanacane

Learn more about Lanacane.

Pruritus 1 reviews 294 medications

Pain 1 reviews 1094 medications

Summary of Lanacane reviews 2 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Lanacane

For Pain "Peripheral Neuropathy : Used Lanacane on area of leg and several toes during the day for relief over and above four pain medications I take. In spring of 2012 I developed a low red blood count (5) and needed transfusion. After many tests including bone biopsy was diagnosed with MDS and set up for Procrit . I had 1 injection and started researching my disease & quickly discovered info on benzocaine. I stopped using immediately & have had normal tests since then. I lay no blame on anyone but myself because this cream is meant for temporary use only and I used it for probably 5 or 6 yrs. Thank you for your interest. I am a 74 yr female."

hgram February 12, 2013

For Pruritus "I am diabetic and have itches over several parts of the body. I discovered Lanacane by accident and it works wonders for me. The problem with Lanacane is that body heat makes it melt and it runs off on the bed, in the clothing, etc, therefore the duration on the skin is reduced. Also, I have discovered that with repeated use, the skin became red. I am now applying a generous layer of body powder (talc) over Lanacane. This prevents Lanacane from melting and running off the skin. The duration is about tripled, and there is no more irritated, red skin. The more powder you apply the better. You end up looking like fried chicken but you will feel much much better."

GuyH March 15, 2009