User Reviews for Cyproheptadine systemic

Migraine
6.6

Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 8.4 152 reviews

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

For Not Listed / Other: "I've been small my entire life. I only gained weight during my pregnancy in 2011, which I was like 170 lbs and after giving birth I was back down to 110. It took no time. I ate food thinking I would keep some of the weight. However, that didn't work out. Now I'm 28 going on 29 in 2 1/2 months and my weight is a big thing to me. I'm the smallest out of all my friends and family and it bothers me. I went to the Dr 10/23/2018 and asked if I could be prescribe anything to help me gain weight and give me a better appetite and this is a miracle. I got my prescription filled the exact same day weighing 110 lbs and today is 11/2/2018 and I weigh 117.8 lbs. I can tell the weight gain by the way my clothes snug a little bit more and I'm happy. Next week I start working out to stay in shape while taking these pills."

CL (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I've had problems with my weight all my life due to depression and anxiety. I would literally go days without eating. I started taking periactin about a year ago and it worked great! I ate multiple times throughout the day. I stopped and lost all of the weight I gained. I started taking them again 2 weeks ago and I've gained over 10 pounds already. I get sleepy but it's tolerable."

CiCi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2018

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Worked like a charm. However I was extremely tired and irritable the next day. Might not be worth it...."

Anxious (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Anorexia: "I did use cyproheptadine for 5months. I was a 45kg skinny dude now I am 68kg. I did stop cyproheptadine for a while and my weight gain doesn't go away easy because its normal eating weight, I was very skinny now I am very muscular. I totally recommend it for skinny dudes but with gym training because weight gain is crazy with this pill ❤️"

Dony123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Migraine: "I was getting migraines and I could not find anything to control them. My allergist recommended this drug. It has been a life saver! Yes, I have read what other people has said about it, but I would make a suggestion - as my doctor told me. It does make you sleepy - so you take it only at night before you go to bed. I wake up fully refreshed. I have been taking this medicine for over two years and have gained NO weight . If you suffer from migraines, I highly suggest you try this. I might have had 1 migraine attack in the past year. I would say that it works very well."

Buffers (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Anorexia: "At age 18, I started feeling insecure about me being under weight. So I desperately researched about different weight gain methods, I tried a few but they didn't work. I never gave up, however, I continued searching until I found this product (Cyproheptadine). I am 5'6, when I started using Cyproheptadine I was 111 lbs now I am 141 lbs. My goal weight is 145-150 lbs. I started in March 2018 and we are in September 2018. #FastResult Yes it made me drowsy for the first 3 days and afterwards I was fine. My confident is boosted, my health is very good and the weight is going to the right places. I never regretted buying this product. It is also reasonable."

Honey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "I was given this in syrup form. And it has caused me to gain at least 40 pounds!!! The only scary side effect is if you take this on a daily basis it will affect your period. I haven’t had my period in over two months and I’m not pregnant."

SusieAndy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Anorexia: "I was prescribed cyproheptadine for weight gain. I’ve struggled with gaining weight all my life. The first couple days I was extremely tired but after 2-3 days that wore off. However, my appetite has increased. I’m literally always hungry! I’ve only been on this medication for a week & I've already gained 5 pounds. I swear none of this would’ve happened without this medication. My goal weight is now only about 15 pounds away!"

Slim (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Migraine: "I was diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) a month after I had turned 13. I was 70lbs (obviously underweight) and prescribed cyproheptadine for both weight gain and migraines. It helped a little with migraines but I was still suffering from them most days, and in addition I gained 100lbs by the time I was turned 14. I got off the drug after about a year and lost 50lbs in 2 months taking me back to a healthy weight for my build. I think I was on it far too long and it did far too little for my migraines, and while it helped me gain weight, I was miserable. I was never not hungry and would eat enough groceries in a night that would sustain a normal person for 3-4 days."

Pots (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

For Anorexia: "I love this medicine!! I started it 04/09/18 to help me with my poor appetite and help me gain weight.. LET'S JUST SAY IT DID JUST THAT.. I have been struggling with weight gain for years. It does take 3 days for your body to get use to it and you will be sleepy.. But after the 3 days you will eat like a fat grown man. I eat over 4000k calories daily. I gained 10lbs within the 1st 10 days. I was picking up between 2/4lbs every week. I was eating breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and late night dinner. I stayed snacking on something if I wasn't eating a meal. What help me out with my weight to was I was eating shakes everyday with a meals. I stop taken it 06/20/18. I still eat good not as good as when I was on the pills. But I have maintain my weight and eating habits off the pills. I have gained a TOTAL OF 35lbs IN 2 1/2 MONTHS.. I started the pill weighing in at 105lbs size 0/1 to now weighing 140lbs size 6/7.."

ThyckGyrl (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Anorexia: "It is my first day of taking cyptoheptadine and am eating like no man's business, hopefully by the end of the medication I will share my results."

Lily July 10, 2018

For Anorexia: "I am using this tablet called cypro vita (cyproheptadine) for weight gain, it's my fourth day, and all I feel now is just sleepy, how long does it take to have changes like increase apetite? Can someone please add some comments."

link (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Anorexia: "Today is my first day so I will share my experience soon as I have something to say"

Anonymous May 13, 2018

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "works for me!"

jon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2018

For Migraine: "My daughter, age 9, was having 3 to 4 migraines a week for over a year so her neurologist put her on this medication. It has helped tremendously! She has MAYBE 1 or 2 a month now. We are now weening her off of it hoping her migraines don't come back full swing. She does seem to be more tired since she started taking it but it did not interfere with her daily life. Her appetite did increase but this wasn't an issue for her because she struggles to gain weight. She has gained about 5 pounds in the 6 months she's been taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2018

For Anorexia: "So far so good makes me really sleepy but I'm eating like I'm pregnant with twins I absolutely love it so far because all I'm doing is eating and laying around and you no what that does weight gain I'm so ready to see the results by my birthday"

Quish February 6, 2018

For Migraine: "Was prescribed this medicine because it's supposed to be safe in pregnancy. At first it dulled the pain of my intractable migraine to a 2-3. It caused extreme sleepiness and then it stopped working after about 5 days. Disappointing."

MigraineSufferer44 (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Anorexia: "I tried this on a whim, after reading a lot of reviews. I was a little nervous, as my doctors have never heard of it. Still, I took the chance because I was desperate, and I've gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks! I'm still in shock. My stomach somehow turned into a bottomless pit. I will say though, I kept falling asleep for the first 3 days. Like, deeeeeep sleep. And I had the worst headaches of my life. BUT, it subsided after about 3 days. I still get a little drowsy and disoriented at times, but I don't take it as often now. I started with 3 doses of 4 mg/day, and now I take it once before bed."

Sarah Silverly December 14, 2017

For Migraine: "Calmed my migraines down to about one to two every two weeks but have only taken it for 3 weeks and already have gained 9 pounds. I struggle with PCOS and weight loss already. If you struggle with weight loss consider taking a different medication."

anonymous345 November 28, 2017

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Going on 2 weeks and already gain 6 pounds.. Everything I couldn't eat I'm eating and having taste too..."

Massive79 (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

For Anorexia: "For me being skinny never felt right. I was skin and bones all the time and that really affected my self confidence. In 2011, my mother introduced me to this medicine and I love her extra for it. I moved from being just 110 at 5ft 11ins to 155 in a few months. A month ago when i checked my weight I was 170lbs, damn how I was happy about it. But now I am going through a stressful time in my life (he got someone pregnant) I have already lost 7lbs. I am back on this medicine again and hopefully I gain the lbs I lost recently. It does make you really sleepy at first but then I feel like my body got use to it."

Melisa1985 October 11, 2017

For Anorexia: "During my pregnancy I had severe morning sickness the whole time & couldn't keep anything down. Before I got pregnant I was 125lbs, after I had my son I went down to 109. It was almost impossible trying to gain weight because I could go a whole day without really wanting to eat. I heard about these pills online & asked my doctor for them. A friend of mine had also been taking them & gained 40lbs so I gave it a shot. In about 4 months I've gained 30lbs. I could've gained a lot more by now but I take them on & off. You have to really want to gain & really eat because the pills alone won't make you gain but they do give you an appetite boost. I try to eat at least 3,000 calories per day which I couldn't do without the pills & it has worked!"

Breeeeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

For Failure to Thrive: "These pills really work. I have been struggling with weight gain for years! I took these pills and within just 2-3 weeks I gained 10lbs! I love this and I am currently looking to buy more! They make you really sleepy but they definitely help you out on the weight by boosting your appetite and allowing you to pack on the food! I took them 3 times a day after every meal instead of with or before that way I ate 3x more than usual and was able to increase my calorie intake each day! I also drank ensure plus and ate things with peanut butter. I.e, apples and peanut butter, graham crackers with peanut butter, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was a size 0 now I’m a size 2! Try this ladies it works!"

Happy17 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

For Migraine: "I was prescribed this in July of 2017 and now it’s October of 2017 and I have gained 35 pounds from this. On top of that it has done next to nothing for my migraines. Just a word of warning if you have issues losing weight or have issues gaining too much then this will be your enemy. ( it is used by people who need to increase their weight)"

ellied03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2017

For Anorexia: "I was skinny and having a hard time gaining weight. I asked my doctor to prescribe something for me to gain weight and she prescribed Cyproheptadine, it works extremely great! I have gained 9 pounds within two weeks, I'm so excited.. My appetite has increased and I'm always hungry while taking this medication.. I highly recommend this medication to anyone that's having a hard time gaining weight.. ❤❤"

I LOVE this medication August 19, 2017