User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 877 medications

Migraine 22 reviews 81 medications

7.3
Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 104 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I've being treated for anxiety with amitriptyline & xanax. During my 3 month review with my doctor I told him how I went from a 1 to a 5 since taking these medications. I've been trying to gain weight since having my daughter 10 yrs ago. I was always 5/6 7/8.. After having her barely a one. So I'm pleased that Im gaining weight. So he gives me my anxiety medications with Periactin. Hopefully all goes well & i can reach my goal."

chris310 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I've always been underweight and I had a weak appetite and always struggled to gain any weight. I was 24 and still weighed 90lbs I was depressed about my weight. but after prescribed periactin, I gained over 15 lbs in 2 months and I feel great! I have never weighed over 100 lbs in my entire life. It really works!"

Emiwag September 5, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This drug was excellent for me personally. I gained 30 pounds in two months which was great. I highly recommend this medication."

SunshineSD August 30, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Did NOT WORK for me. I was very disappointed. after seeing all these reviews I was really hopefull. But it did nothing for me other than make me sleepy the first few days. Any other pills out there?"

Tomasek August 28, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have always been thin my whole life & tried everything to gain weight i hate skinny jokes still at the age of 31 & you would think 5 kids wouldnof gavr me some weight smh no so i ask my doctor to prescribe me something so far i been using them for 2 weeks now and I've went from 100 to 112. I suppose to take one at bedtime but I take them 2/3 times a day and it literally increases my appetite which I barely had before. Like I'm hungry all the time especially when I wake up in the morning and after dinner its a must for a late night snack/ mini meal... I'm really satisfied with my results my only complaint would be the sleeping so much I had to start taking half and half of the 4mg because they knock you out for hoursss. Hope this helps :-)"

TinkaBellz (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have been wanting to gain weight for over ten years. I have a really hard time eating. It's like a chore to me to force myself to eat and I get full really quick. Everyone tells me I'm too thin all the time and mass shakes make me want to puke because they're too sweet and thick. So I've been underweight most of my life. I searched the Internet and about two weeks ago I found reviews for periactin and got really excited to try it. So I got it prescribed right away and have been on it for a week now. I've gained 10 ibs already! This is a miracle! I felt a tiny bit sleepy the first two days but I've always felt tired from lack of nutrition so it wasn't much of a difference. I'm so excited to keep gaining!"

Thin girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Anorexia: "Omg all my life I have been small and wanted to gain weight but never could. I'm 5'4 was 123pounds before the medicine not to bad for my height. So one day I went to my Dr and we talked about me having loss of appetite so she recommended I take periactin to help me with my appetite and wow guys I have gained literally 10 pounds in two weeks. I'm in my third week I'm 137 and I love it. This medication is defiantly for anyone trying to gain weight."

Amazin (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Migraine: "It got prescribed this when I started getting horrible headaches almost daily. I was told to take it two times daily, once in the morning and once at night. It gave me more headaches, at least an aura without pain. I had increased blind spots in my vision. As well as it made me extremely tired. Stopped taking it."

RedSchist (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Anorexia: "Ive always been skinny but not to a point where people would point it out or say i need to gain weight. I tried taking this because sometimes ill lose my appetite and i can go days without feeling hungry. I took half a 4mg at night before bed and i couldnt get out! I slept from 10 pm all the way to 1:30 in the afternoon and i was still tired! It makes your bones feel like jelly. It does help you gain weight but when i took it, all the weight just went to my stomach. So now im just forcing myself to eat more and i hit the gym 5 times a week for weight lifting and i look better than when i used this pill to gain weight. If you want to put on healthy weight aka muscle this isnt the pill to try- 16lbs of muscle =1 year to put on."

Jessicajones123 August 1, 2016

For Anorexia: "yes the hype is true with this med for appetite increase(also used for allergies which works wonders) this will.. i repeat this medicine will make you sleepy, dizzy and a bit lazy the first few days...i would say give it a full week before the sleepiness becomes manageable i can recommend is taking 2mg then up the dose every few days **DO NOT take a full 4mg at first it will knock you on your butt (dissolving the tablet in juice or taking it with a full meal might help with the drowsiness) started this med at 100lbs 9 days later i'm at 108lbs i rate it a 9 and not a full 10 because of the extreme drowsiness/sleepiness in the beginning one last thing i recommend is to eat healthy foods to gain weight"

kiing (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

For : "Hi this is my 1 month update I was weighing 128lbs I started taking Apetmin on June 26,2016 I weighed in today July 26,2016 and I weigh 141lbs my goal is 150lbs Apetamine really dose work I gained a total of 12lbs in one month for the first 2 days I felt sleepy but after that I was ok"

Rtshaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

For Anorexia: "I've always been quite underweight and absolutely hated it, tried this years ago and quit a few pills in due to the tiredness caused. Gave it another shot 6 weeks ago and have gained a stone already (usually impossible!). I've been taking one a day which is a low dose and my appetite has easily doubled. I used to feel full half way through a meal and feel anxious going out for food in case I couldn't finish it. Definitely not a problem anymore. I've given it a 10 as it has made such a huge impact on my self esteem already, and unexpectedly resolved what I believe to be urticaria over night. The only downside is the tiredness; makes getting to sleep nice and easy but waking up is so difficult! Long way to go still, but very happy so far :)"

Lobster1800 July 5, 2016

For Migraine: "My son has had migraines for years but they only got worse the older he got. The day before the last day of school last year he had such a bad migraine that he had a seizure. Fast forward to the neurologist appointment and she decided to put him on this medication before trying a medication for seizures that she said would help the migraines also. He took this medicine every day in the mornings (it did not make him sleepy at all) for 11 months. He gained 40-45 pounds and the medication stopped working for him. He got the daith piercing and is off the medication now. Migraine free for 3 weeks which is amazing for him! So, it didn't last for migraines for my son."

Mom3376 June 29, 2016

For Anorexia: "I was put on this a few years ago and I was so happy to gain weight. I am almost 32 yo, I have 9 children, 5'6 and only weight 104 lbs. I am going back on it. I want to look like a woman, not a child. My oldest son was mistaken as my boyfriend. I was so embarrassed."

bargo9 June 28, 2016

For : "I started taking this drug late March of 2015 I was 110 pounds I went from 126 to 132 within weeks once was on it in my teenage years because of my high metabolism I couldn't gain weight or keep it I got up to 140 pounds over 2 months yes it works very well but for some when you stop taking them the weigh will fall off my doctor just re prescribed it to me my weigh goal is at least 150 I'm 5'5 & 25 years old"

GreenOG25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Anorexia: "I started taking these pills January 2016 I was a 112 pounds my height is 5 5 my age of 33 it is now June 8th 2016 and I weigh a 148 pounds. I am so excited these pills really do work if you're looking to gain weight I take my pills 3 times a day with a multivitamin"

Steph1983 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2016

For Anorexia: "I've been thin my whole life and it didn't really bother me until High School never had an appetite to eat anything at all and I started to think something's wrong with me. I took plenty of blood tests and urine tests to see if there was anything wrong with me and 3 different doctors told me I am fine but I felt like deep down something was wrong so I decided to keep trying different doctors to see if anyone can help me and the 4th doctor i went to about this issue in july 2015 changed my life literally I explained my problem and he told me it sounds like anorexia and he prescribed cyproheptadine. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me thnx Dr Greenburg lol P.S to eliminate drowsiness I let it dissolve in orange juice"

javijav (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2016

For Anorexia: "Hi everybody! I am the stalker who reads post for my own benefit, but rarely contribute. Today I decided it was time to give back in the form of sharing my experience. I have ALWAYS been a hard gainer. I've had four kids and still maintained a size zero (93lbs) weight at 5'1. After fighting to gain weight for the last two years I was up to 108lbs. Fast forward after having the flu followed by new braces which limited eating, I ended up 96lbs and fragile looking. I tried to gain it back but since I was a hard gainer I couldn't. Went to my doctor, got these pills after reading posts and gained 11lbs in ten days. From 96lbs on 5/1/16 to 107lbs on 5/11/16. Drowsy days 1-2 only. Now no sleepiness and mega apettite. 4mgs three times per day."

Gingerbee (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Allergic Reactions: "I had a constant itchy vaginal area for 3 months. It got worse at night. I had so many tests & tried so many products but nothing helped and they couldn't find anything wrong with me! I was at my wit's end. Finally, I was put on Periactin as it is meant to help within itchy skin. Within 2 days I was completely itch free and I've been completely fine ever since! Hooray! I have no idea what will happen when I stop but hopefully the problem has resolved itself. I also had an amazing & surprising side effect. I put on 2kgs in 2 weeks! I've been underweight my whole life and I've never been able to get past 45kgs. Right now I am 49kgs! I just can't believe it! :) The first 3 days I was terribly sleepy but all fine now. Thank you Periactin!"

Sarah_is _finally_Itch_Free! May 22, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I. Take this medicine everytime I have a poor appetite and it works wonders! I have always striggled with gaining and maintaining weight all my life! Got teased a lot! I have gained as much as 35 pounds in a month and a half! I recently just started back taking due to foot surgery and being on narcotic pain pills that stripped my appetite! The great thing about them is the weight and appetite stays even once you stop taking thrm! Highly recommemd"

mrsellis221 May 18, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Really WOW! I've taken this "Periactin / Ciptadine / Cyproheptadine" and I managed to gain 20kg in 2 months! I was skinny, 57kg and I'm now 77 kg! I can take it when my weight drops a bit and it works wonders. Really, if you struggle to gain weight or appetite, try this tab. It's unbelieveable!"

Doufa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "It is phenomenal !! I put on weight fast, you start to see and feel results so quickly !!! It's very motivating feeling !! I have gained 14 pounds so far since late March early April ...I'm 5"6, I started at 146, I am now 160, my goal weight is 175. I think that will give me the full figured , curvy look I want. If you're serious about your weight this is the solution !! Good luck !!"

CareyBeary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for : "this tablet saved my life. After giving birth all my post baby weight disappeared. every one was wondering why i was that thin. someone recommended this tab and in just one month i gained 5 kilo grams. i was 52kgs , now am happy to tell you am 64kg within two months. am targeting 70kg. with that tab i know it can happen.everyone is cherishing my figure and my new weight and they are thanking hubby for the good work yet it all goes to this tab."

Shamie May 11, 2016

For Anorexia: "I just started the pill on 5/6/2016 im 5/7 and weight 98 pounds this will be a real life changing experience for me at 23 if I can go up to atleast 110 within a month wish me luck guys :)"

slimk (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This medication is PHENOMENAL!! I'm 11 and I was only about 81 pounds, which was a problem for me. But then my doctor prescribed me with this pill and it totally changed my life!!! In about 4 weeks I was 90 pounds... I was so happy!!! I definitely recommend this pill if you are trying to gain weight. Although it will make you sleepy it's still very helpful because I do have trouble going to sleep at night!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PILL, AND IT HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! "

Minnie45 April 24, 2016