User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Allergic Rhinitis

Migraine
6.8

Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 8.8 135 reviews

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

For Migraine: "Calmed my migraines down to about one to two every two weeks but have only taken it for 3 weeks and already have gained 9 pounds. I struggle with PCOS and weight loss already. If you struggle with weight loss consider taking a different medication."

anonymous345 November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Going on 2 weeks and already gain 6 pounds.. Everything I couldn't eat I'm eating and having taste too..."

Massive79 (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "For me being skinny never felt right. I was skin and bones all the time and that really affected my self confidence. In 2011, my mother introduced me to this medicine and I love her extra for it. I moved from being just 110 at 5ft 11ins to 155 in a few months. A month ago when i checked my weight I was 170lbs, damn how I was happy about it. But now I am going through a stressful time in my life (he got someone pregnant) I have already lost 7lbs. I am back on this medicine again and hopefully I gain the lbs I lost recently. It does make you really sleepy at first but then I feel like my body got use to it."

Melisa1985 October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "During my pregnancy I had severe morning sickness the whole time & couldn't keep anything down. Before I got pregnant I was 125lbs, after I had my son I went down to 109. It was almost impossible trying to gain weight because I could go a whole day without really wanting to eat. I heard about these pills online & asked my doctor for them. A friend of mine had also been taking them & gained 40lbs so I gave it a shot. In about 4 months I've gained 30lbs. I could've gained a lot more by now but I take them on & off. You have to really want to gain & really eat because the pills alone won't make you gain but they do give you an appetite boost. I try to eat at least 3,000 calories per day which I couldn't do without the pills & it has worked!"

Breeeeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Failure to Thrive: "These pills really work. I have been struggling with weight gain for years! I took these pills and within just 2-3 weeks I gained 10lbs! I love this and I am currently looking to buy more! They make you really sleepy but they definitely help you out on the weight by boosting your appetite and allowing you to pack on the food! I took them 3 times a day after every meal instead of with or before that way I ate 3x more than usual and was able to increase my calorie intake each day! I also drank ensure plus and ate things with peanut butter. I.e, apples and peanut butter, graham crackers with peanut butter, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was a size 0 now I’m a size 2! Try this ladies it works!"

Happy17 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I was prescribed this in July of 2017 and now it’s October of 2017 and I have gained 35 pounds from this. On top of that it has done next to nothing for my migraines. Just a word of warning if you have issues losing weight or have issues gaining too much then this will be your enemy. ( it is used by people who need to increase their weight)"

ellied03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I was skinny and having a hard time gaining weight. I asked my doctor to prescribe something for me to gain weight and she prescribed Cyproheptadine, it works extremely great! I have gained 9 pounds within two weeks, I'm so excited.. My appetite has increased and I'm always hungry while taking this medication.. I highly recommend this medication to anyone that's having a hard time gaining weight.. ❤❤"

I LOVE this medication August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "This is the only thing that has worked for my poor appetite! I've always struggled with having little to no appetite and feeling like I was "too thin". I've been taking these pills for months now and I can honestly say that I went from 99lbs to 130lbs. I look extremely healthy and happier. It has some cons too. Your body will start to get used to it and you will most likely lose weight and your appetite if you discontinue it. It also makes you extremely tired so take it before bed or on your days off"

Virgo beauty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I've been thin my whole life. Never weighing more than 100lbs. I have two children and at almost 30 I was 5'9 110 lbs when I found this medicine. It started working within days. And I love it. I'm not much for taking pills everyday buts its worth it. Its the only thing that's worked for me, and everyone has noticed the diff.Haven't stepped on a scale yet."

Mom×2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "My doctor swapped me onto this medicine because I was getting married and hoping to have a more "baby friendly" medicine in case I got pregnant in the near future. On cyproheptadine, I felt like the medicine took some of the edge off my chronic migraines. The intensity lessened, but I saw no significant change in migraine frequency. I was taking 12mg per day. But oh, the side effects! First, I felt this perpetual restless agitation. Second, I was hungry absolutely all the time. I have a great deal of self-control and was able to keep things at bay for a while, but my weight kept creeping up. In 6 months, I gained 15 lbs (my normal, very stable weight is 120lbs, so this was a lot for me). Eventually decided this one wasn't for me."

Not for me.... (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "All I experienced was sleepiness for the first 2-3 days and no appetite increase. Extremely upsetting."

Michelle1129 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "A few weeks ago I wasn't feeling well. I felt dizzy, faint, stomach was hurting, nausea and sweaty. After that day I just couldn't eat anything. Days went on and I would eat 4 spoons of applesauce for the whole day. The thought and smell of food made me feel nauseous so I didn't eat. Beacuse of that I lost 10 lbs in 1 week. They gave me this medicine to take 3 times a day to get my appetite back. And it works!! It only took 2 days to start working for me. I finally can eat normal again."

Anonymous June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This is simply something magical! I've been underweight naturally since the childhood, always been hearing "you should eat more" although I really had a good appetite. I even can't wear the clothes I want as I feel so bad to see my skinny legs, hands, etc. I sat at night and been thinking what else I can try to put on weight as protein milkshakes, squats didn't work for me. I googled out periactin, ordered online from Weldricks (UK) and I want to cry and scream the world how happy I am! Using for two weeks, 1 tablet before bedtime - gained 4kgs, never had this weight before! I eat like 3000-4000kcals a day. It also makes me feel really sleepy and tired but it means nothing when you see those amazing numbers on the scales."

A m a z i n g June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I just got out of hospital 5 days ago! I had a migraine sitting there 5-6 days straight ended up going into hospital and doc put me on these I'm on my first week! Wow they make you so sleepy .... I've struggled to do much! I hope the sleepiness wears of in 2 weeks I am naturally very fit person! These head aches pushed me back first time having these on going head aches! Would love to know how people got through this tiredness I need few tips! Just started."

Rach001 June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "This s the 2nd time I'm sharing this experience! I think first it didn't work on me! Still I continued using it! I was a lazy person earlier but now I've started working in office and I walk about 3 km everyday! It's been 1 week since I started working and walking my appetite is same but but but I gained 3 kg in a week and I'm gaining! I weigh every day and the weight is always increasing!! I am 51 kg now hope I'lll reach 60 soon. I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall~!"

Happyboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Hi I had c diff a year ago and it made me lose so much weight ! I told the doctors I was unhappy with my weight and I couldn't eat due to stress . I got assigned these pills and I was only suppose to take 2 a day but my cousin was suppose to take 3 a day ? Well about two months later I gained 15 pounds , at first I couldn't tell just knew I was eating a lot more. Then slowly I noticed I gained weight: also in your belly area is the worst !!!!! But I'm going to start back taking the pills recently I stopped because I've been busy and was a good weight but now I'm unhappy again with my weight so 3 times a day I will take them!"

Omgkenken April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "All my life I've been a "grazer" as my mum has said, so I've always stayed the same weight, I'm 33 & 5ft 9" now and went through a rough patch due to stress and illness and went down from 70kg to 62kg rapidly. I've used a lot of protein powders to try and gain, but really my diet, lifestyle and not getting enough calories in me is the problem. So I thought I'd look into other possibilities that people who suffer with no appetite and after a bit of searching I found Cyro-Vita which is the brand here, 6 days in and I've not weighed myself yet, however I'm finishing off large meals with ease and feel hungry all the time, which is a big deal for me, first night 4mg, I slept for 16hrs, so went down to 2mg before bed from then on all good!"

Gooodstuff April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "After seeing all these reviews, I really thought I would gain weight too. Well, its been 1 week and I felt really sleepy for 3 days and I looked as if I had gained weight on my face. I was really happy but after 4th day I think the weight gain on my face disappeared. I feel hungry after 1 pm. I want to eat something all the time but I don't think I gaining weight. I'm thinking about increasing the pills dosage to 3 times a day now!"

Sad guy April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Failure to Thrive: "Okay. I got subscribed this pill from my stomach doctor - Cyclic vomiting syndrome . Months on months on months I would wake up throwing up and nauseous as hell. I spent a whole year going to the emergency room in a panic. When I was prescribed this medicine I stopped waking up sick every morning. Being sick every morning caused me to not be able to eat at all. I was 125 and ended up being 102..... this medicine not only made me not wake up sick, it actually allowed me to eat every morning and all day like a normal person and now I'm back up to 115... this medicine does take a couple weeks or maybe less depending on your body... I took it right before bed every night, so it didn't effect me sleepiness whose except for the first few weeks I didn't want to wakeup fast"

Ewalkkk April 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I had always been 100 pounds, when I had an appetite issue my doctor prescribed this. IT DID WORK, it will make your tired but that will start to go away I am now 130 & rising!"

ashlynn jones 07 March 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I decided to try this to put on weight. Its only the second day and I've noticed an extreme increase in appetite!!! The only bad thing is it makes me soooooooo tired does anyone else get this?? Shall I take it before bed then?"

Butterflies1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "Personally, I did not experience an appetite increase. This was my hope and now I'm trying my best to find other medicines to increase my appetite. Wish me luck."

PlantFlowerTree February 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions: "This medication works wonders if you are looking to gain weight. I personally take these for allergies but have noticed weight change within 2 weeks of using it. I was 180 and gained 5 pounds and I'm 5'9. Not too stoked on gaining weight but I'm not disappointed either would definitely recommend if you suffer from loss of appetite or other medical conditions."

Deezylemonsqueezy February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I have always had a hard time gaining weight since I was a teenager. Nothing that I tried before worked BUT cyproheptadine. It took me years of research and I tried a few different methods, different diets etc... doctors would tell me that I was going to gain weight with age... but I absolutely hated the way my clothes looked on me and how skinny I was. One beautiful, happy , lucky day, lol, I saw a post online about cyproheptadine and decided to do a little research. I asked my primary doctor to prescribe it to me and she did. I gained about 15 pounds or more with this medication in just a few months. I was about 100 pounds and now I am at 123. I only take the medication if I feel that my appetite is poor... I just pop one of those. great!"

JulianaO February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I eventually thought my weight probs were over, I was High as a kite and couldn't wait to start taking them after reading all the Positives about them, alas, it was the most disappointing thing thats happened to me,They did NOTHING for me,not even the Sleepiness occurred that people posted about.I just decided to be determined and eat as much as I could, But as much as eat I'm still stuck on 8 stone,4 st less than my norm.I can only assume it is other Meds I'm on that is Blocking them from working,So Despondent."

LisbonLion February 1, 2017