User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 883 medications

Migraine 23 reviews 81 medications

7.2
Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 124 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

For Anorexia: "A few weeks ago I wasn't feeling well. I felt dizzy, faint, stomach was hurting, nausea and sweaty. After that day I just couldn't eat anything. Days went on and I would eat 4 spoons of applesauce for the whole day. The thought and smell of food made me feel nauseous so I didn't eat. Beacuse of that I lost 10 lbs in 1 week. They gave me this medicine to take 3 times a day to get my appetite back. And it works!! It only took 2 days to start working for me. I finally can eat normal again."

Anonymous June 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This is simply something magical! I've been underweight naturally since the childhood, always been hearing "you should eat more" although I really had a good appetite. I even can't wear the clothes I want as I feel so bad to see my skinny legs, hands, etc. I sat at night and been thinking what else I can try to put on weight as protein milkshakes, squats didn't work for me. I googled out periactin, ordered online from Weldricks (UK) and I want to cry and scream the world how happy I am! Using for two weeks, 1 tablet before bedtime - gained 4kgs, never had this weight before! I eat like 3000-4000kcals a day. It also makes me feel really sleepy and tired but it means nothing when you see those amazing numbers on the scales."

A m a z i n g June 2, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I just got out of hospital 5 days ago! I had a migraine sitting there 5-6 days straight ended up going into hospital and doc put me on these I'm on my first week! Wow they make you so sleepy .... I've struggled to do much! I hope the sleepiness wears of in 2 weeks I am naturally very fit person! These head aches pushed me back first time having these on going head aches! Would love to know how people got through this tiredness I need few tips! Just started."

Rach001 June 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "This s the 2nd time I'm sharing this experience! I think first it didn't work on me! Still I continued using it! I was a lazy person earlier but now I've started working in office and I walk about 3 km everyday! It's been 1 week since I started working and walking my appetite is same but but but I gained 3 kg in a week and I'm gaining! I weigh every day and the weight is always increasing!! I am 51 kg now hope I'lll reach 60 soon. I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall~!"

Happyboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Hi I had c diff a year ago and it made me lose so much weight ! I told the doctors I was unhappy with my weight and I couldn't eat due to stress . I got assigned these pills and I was only suppose to take 2 a day but my cousin was suppose to take 3 a day ? Well about two months later I gained 15 pounds , at first I couldn't tell just knew I was eating a lot more. Then slowly I noticed I gained weight: also in your belly area is the worst !!!!! But I'm going to start back taking the pills recently I stopped because I've been busy and was a good weight but now I'm unhappy again with my weight so 3 times a day I will take them!"

Omgkenken April 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "All my life I've been a "grazer" as my mum has said, so I've always stayed the same weight, I'm 33 & 5ft 9" now and went through a rough patch due to stress and illness and went down from 70kg to 62kg rapidly. I've used a lot of protein powders to try and gain, but really my diet, lifestyle and not getting enough calories in me is the problem. So I thought I'd look into other possibilities that people who suffer with no appetite and after a bit of searching I found Cyro-Vita which is the brand here, 6 days in and I've not weighed myself yet, however I'm finishing off large meals with ease and feel hungry all the time, which is a big deal for me, first night 4mg, I slept for 16hrs, so went down to 2mg before bed from then on all good!"

Gooodstuff April 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "After seeing all these reviews, I really thought I would gain weight too. Well, its been 1 week and I felt really sleepy for 3 days and I looked as if I had gained weight on my face. I was really happy but after 4th day I think the weight gain on my face disappeared. I feel hungry after 1 pm. I want to eat something all the time but I don't think I gaining weight. I'm thinking about increasing the pills dosage to 3 times a day now!"

Sad guy April 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Failure to Thrive: "Okay. I got subscribed this pill from my stomach doctor - Cyclic vomiting syndrome . Months on months on months I would wake up throwing up and nauseous as hell. I spent a whole year going to the emergency room in a panic. When I was prescribed this medicine I stopped waking up sick every morning. Being sick every morning caused me to not be able to eat at all. I was 125 and ended up being 102..... this medicine not only made me not wake up sick, it actually allowed me to eat every morning and all day like a normal person and now I'm back up to 115... this medicine does take a couple weeks or maybe less depending on your body... I took it right before bed every night, so it didn't effect me sleepiness whose except for the first few weeks I didn't want to wakeup fast"

Ewalkkk April 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "I had always been 100 pounds, when I had an appetite issue my doctor prescribed this. IT DID WORK, it will make your tired but that will start to go away I am now 130 & rising!"

ashlynn jones 07 March 16, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I decided to try this to put on weight. Its only the second day and I've noticed an extreme increase in appetite!!! The only bad thing is it makes me soooooooo tired does anyone else get this?? Shall I take it before bed then?"

Butterflies1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "Personally, I did not experience an appetite increase. This was my hope and now I'm trying my best to find other medicines to increase my appetite. Wish me luck."

PlantFlowerTree February 21, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "This medication works wonders if you are looking to gain weight. I personally take these for allergies but have noticed weight change within 2 weeks of using it. I was 180 and gained 5 pounds and I'm 5'9. Not too stoked on gaining weight but I'm not disappointed either would definitely recommend if you suffer from loss of appetite or other medical conditions."

Deezylemonsqueezy February 6, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "I have always had a hard time gaining weight since I was a teenager. Nothing that I tried before worked BUT cyproheptadine. It took me years of research and I tried a few different methods, different diets etc... doctors would tell me that I was going to gain weight with age... but I absolutely hated the way my clothes looked on me and how skinny I was. One beautiful, happy , lucky day, lol, I saw a post online about cyproheptadine and decided to do a little research. I asked my primary doctor to prescribe it to me and she did. I gained about 15 pounds or more with this medication in just a few months. I was about 100 pounds and now I am at 123. I only take the medication if I feel that my appetite is poor... I just pop one of those. great!"

JulianaO February 3, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "I eventually thought my weight probs were over, I was High as a kite and couldn't wait to start taking them after reading all the Positives about them, alas, it was the most disappointing thing thats happened to me,They did NOTHING for me,not even the Sleepiness occurred that people posted about.I just decided to be determined and eat as much as I could, But as much as eat I'm still stuck on 8 stone,4 st less than my norm.I can only assume it is other Meds I'm on that is Blocking them from working,So Despondent."

LisbonLion February 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "Took Periactin successfully back in the 1980's for a brutal allergy attack that sent me to the ER. Benadryl injection worsened it so my throat was closing then they gave me Valium injection to relax my airways. Sent me to a specialist who gave me Periactin, which cleared the hives and itching all over me, which I've now learned I'm allergic to pine and cinnamon. My MD later changed it to Atarax when I started gaining too much weight lol. Fast forward, I'm disabled with arthritis now on Mesicare, not a jolly Christmas shopper with these allergies, and my pcp tells me to take OTC allergy meds. Missing working, my allergy shots, too thin and coveting Periactin. Weight gain would be a great side effect to get some weight back. Great med."

sybil1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I started taking this medication I was 88 pounds 5'3, and sickly looking people thought I was on drugs. I had no appetite and hated how my clothes looked! Taking this medicine I am now 130 pounds and eat like a horse I gained really fast too!! It doesn't make me tired but my tolerance is high.. Im prescribed medical marijuana as well which is a help also! I recommend both and CBDs."

IndicaXtina (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "I must say this medicine has really helped me so much I recommend this to anyone looking to gain weight. When I first started I was maybe sleepy the first week, but I got over it. I have been on this med for almost a month & gained 10 pounds already & im love the results."

Anonymous December 26, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "This doesn't work for me. Iv'e found an other way to gain weight. Reply if this doesn't work for you"

Nieboo December 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "I was prescribed this medication for rapid weight loss (-25lbs in 2 weeks) from severe anxiety and panic disorder. During this time I was unable to eat hardly anything and lost my appetite completely. My psychiatrist gave me a 4mg dose of this to take daily. I started off by taking only half a dose and that did the trick for me. I have gained 5 pounds back in about 10 days. I do have to say the appetite increased mostly toward the evening, not so much in the morning, but it does work. I did not experience any side effects from it."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anorexia: "This is not my experience but from my learning on pharmacology. If someone takes Periactin for long time, it causes psychosis and damage to liver. So, before taking Periactin for long time, consult your doctor"

Dr Zulfiquer Ahmed Amin October 18, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I've being treated for anxiety with amitriptyline & xanax. During my 3 month review with my doctor I told him how I went from a 1 to a 5 since taking these medications. I've been trying to gain weight since having my daughter 10 yrs ago. I was always 5/6 7/8.. After having her barely a one. So I'm pleased that Im gaining weight. So he gives me my anxiety medications with Periactin. Hopefully all goes well & i can reach my goal."

chris310 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I've always been underweight and I had a weak appetite and always struggled to gain any weight. I was 24 and still weighed 90lbs I was depressed about my weight. but after prescribed periactin, I gained over 15 lbs in 2 months and I feel great! I have never weighed over 100 lbs in my entire life. It really works!"

Emiwag September 5, 2016

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This drug was excellent for me personally. I gained 30 pounds in two months which was great. I highly recommend this medication."

SunshineSD August 30, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Did NOT WORK for me. I was very disappointed. after seeing all these reviews I was really hopefull. But it did nothing for me other than make me sleepy the first few days. Any other pills out there?"

Tomasek August 28, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have always been thin my whole life & tried everything to gain weight i hate skinny jokes still at the age of 31 & you would think 5 kids wouldnof gavr me some weight smh no so i ask my doctor to prescribe me something so far i been using them for 2 weeks now and I've went from 100 to 112. I suppose to take one at bedtime but I take them 2/3 times a day and it literally increases my appetite which I barely had before. Like I'm hungry all the time especially when I wake up in the morning and after dinner its a must for a late night snack/ mini meal... I'm really satisfied with my results my only complaint would be the sleeping so much I had to start taking half and half of the 4mg because they knock you out for hoursss. Hope this helps :-)"

TinkaBellz (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016