User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 128 medications

Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

4.7
Summary of Celebrex reviews 122 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Celebrex

For Pain "I noticed a lot of people on here giving up after only a week or so.I have been on Celebrex for years and at different times I would stop for a week or 2 immediately I would start going downhill. Celebrex needs to build up in your system the more time you take it the more it helps.Should give it at least a month.I was on heavy pain meds for years now all I take is Celebrex I have severe neck and back problems and severe arthritis.Celebrex is a miracle drug for me without the side effects of heavy pian meds.Thank you for Celebrex it has changed my life"

big walt January 12, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "After the results of the latest 10 year study came out in late 2016 claiming the safety of the product, I decided to ask my doctor to put me on it for my Osteoarthritis. It helped immensely! I am sure my pain was decreased by at LEAST 30-40% if not more! When you're in constant pain and discomfort, that amount is a huge relief! I started just a few weeks before my hip replacement due to "bone on bone" caused by my osteoarthritis. ANY relief is welcome! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone to at least try! I use the generic brand."

M.Stone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

For Pain "This medication I take 200mgs in a divided dose daily , have experienced considerable reduction in medium - strong pain. Well tolerated over the last 4 weeks Many thanks to all , it's worth a try!"

FisherPJ January 9, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Celebrex allows me to go day to day almost pain free. Nothing else fights my pain caused by osteoarthritis of the upper spine. I have taken 200 mg once a day on and off for over 15 years. Occasionally I do need to take it daily for a few weeks. I am so grateful for this med and for the doctors who prescribe it. I strongly recommend it."

Ranch girl (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2016

For Pain "While it helped some, I experienced abdominal pain which was significant and heavy not normal bleeding. The moment I stopped taking it the symptoms stopped"

070597 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Ive been taking celebrex for a couple of yrs, I always thought it made me too tired, about a wk ago it made me so tired I fell and hit my ribs and now I have pain in my ribs that probably won't go away for wks, I decided not to refill it and just take stuff like aleve instead, all it did was create more pain by cracking my ribs or whatever it did to it, thought people should know about this side effect especially since my doctor didnt tell me about it, then I wouldnt have hurt my ribs in vain knowing that I've helped others know this information"

using celebrex November 28, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "What a JOKE! Doesn't do anything unless you count the side effects! You'll only accept constructive criticism, so, avoid a gut ache added to pain, slow burning urination when you NEVER before had an issue. Doctors really need to LISTEN to patients, and stop assuming that they know more about my body than I do. This MAY work for some, or it may be a placebo effect, but for me it did nothing but add to my problems! Doctors also need to consider QUALITY of life over QUANTITY. I do NOT want to live with this pain, and if they can't or won't give me what works, then let me go. I have enough without risking a stroke too!"

1strangepuppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I am suffering with, swelling in right leg ankle, but however, there is no pain. I was prescribed 200 mg of this capsule, to be taken twice a day by my doctor. Took the dosage as prescribed by the doctor for two days, and noticed light-headedness, palpation and difficulty in remembering."

PNS (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "First one I took my heart was racing I thought I just had to get use to medication.second one the same the third one I had a severe allergic reaction ended up in the hospital thought I was going to die.I would not recommend anyone ever take this terrible medication."

Lilly Anne November 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I just started using celebrex a few days ago.i was taking 1600-3200 mg daily for severe knee pain. It barely helped, and I have had stomach ulcers, so my pcp recommend this med. It's only helped a little but,but I'd like to give it a few months. Today I woke up feeling sick.i have a hot, flushed face and just feel terrible. and I have not been feeling well lately anyway and have wheezing and a cough ..but i hope this isn't a side effect."

Josie4020 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I am 82 yr old retired scientist, walking daily 4 miles in 1 hr. Suddenly I developed extreme arthritic pain in my right hip. Pain was unbearable at night. No pain killers helped including morphine. My doctor prescribed 200 mg Celebrex for 14 days. It helped instantly, particularly at night. Believe it or not, now I have pain in me left hip, my shoulders, elbows, and even severe pain in my left wrist! I have been off Celebrex for one week and I am relying on physical therapy to minimize the arthritic pain. No more Celebrex."

Oleh August 20, 2016

For Pain "The only anti-inflammatory med I could take without side effects"

Super Nurse (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2016

For Pain "On Celebrex for one month now, still waiting on it to work. NO pain relief and no side effects."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

For Pain "For 6 mths I've suffered chronic pain in the morning woken from sleep in pain in my joints. It started in my knees, then elbows & wrists. But 2 mths ago it started in my hips & lower back, & as my sleep was interrupted DAILY, so was my life. As soon I get up the pain would go, but the other day it wouldn't. So I went to my Dr who gave me Celebrex. I was scared to take it reading bad reviews. So I rang my Dr & he said take it & let me know how you feel tomorrow. I took it last night & can't believe I waited THIS long to try it. For the 1st time in 6 mths I woke with NO pain & it made me drowsy, which was a bonus. Celebrex WORKED for me so I want to write a POSITIVE review for people out there who are scared off by bad reviews. I'm pain free!"

Jenamu (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Miserable RA flare after my mothers passing ! I went to the dr offerd methotrexate I refused I'm 37 no children ! I was in tears until Celebrex immediately I was up on my feet ! Thank you God ! I have my life back !"

Girl in pain July 9, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Does not work at all"

Billgotill July 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "5 weeks ago I had a full knee replacement. The going was tough but I started taking celebrex and with therapy I jogged down my driveway tonight. (UNBELIEVABLE) I stopped taking oxycodone. I couldn't be more happier. Now going back for a hip replacement. All of this and I am 79 years old."

White Eagle June 17, 2016

For Pain "I have muscle stiffness & pain at the base of my neck & head, which over time caused migraines & tension headaches. Botox & lidocaine injections have relieved the head pain. My doctor is still working on trigger points for the pain in a few sm areas of the upper neck. He prescribed Celebrex after Ibruprofen (did nothing) & Mobic (helped some). Celebrex helps the most. I believe It's bc Mobic is a selective COX2 inhibitor and the Celebrex is only COX2. It brings my pain down to between a 0-2, depending on whether I'm experiencing 24-hour soreness from the injections (2) or if it's just acting up from activites like yardwork or working too long at the computer (0). I've only been taking it for a month & good so far."

Dsneckhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Pain "I started taking a morning dose for 24 hours last Friday, 2/5/2016. Pain free immediately, but had very itchy areas. Had to stop taking due to intensity of itchy rash Monday morning 2/8/2016, but by 2pm, wish I had taken one this morning again!! ALMOST WORTH IT!"

Pete201 February 8, 2016

For Pain "I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a herniated disc and protruding disc was pressing on the nerves so I was scheduled for surgery. I was given a prescription for Celebrex ( 250 mg/ 2 times/day) 8 weeks before surgery to help relieve the pain. One week before surgery, I was told to stop taking Celebrex. The pain has not returned and the surgery was cancelled. I am now essentially pain"

Dave OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 31 year old male US Army combat vet who suffers from arthritis. For years it went untreated and I was in pain every day all day until I was prescribed Celebrex, within a few days I felt better than I had in years. Upon waking in the morning I take 100mg's and within an hour or so I feel relief, if I miss a dose I can tell and I can feel it. I do not suffer any of the mentioned side affects after approximately 5 years. Of course it does not work for everyone but at this point I cannot live without it"

Chrid January 6, 2016

For Pain "Doctor gave me Celebrex.I've been taking it for a week. It does nothing for my hip pain (bone on bone arthritis). I'm going off it and back on Advil."

Luvveg (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

For Pain "I have been in pain for years. I did massage therapy, physiotherapy, yoga, ran, walked and weights. Finally, my Doctor gave me a script for Celebrex - Instant pain relief in both my neck and lumbar. It is November 11, 2015 and I am going to celebrate tonight. I am pain FREE!"

Jojo Zee November 12, 2015

For Pain "1 pill every 24 hours VERY convenient. Is not near as hard on stomach and intestines. Works about as well as Aleve or Ibuprofen if you take them every 4 hours."

fredee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I went to the doctor with fluid around my knee. At this point it was stiff and only a little sore. 5 days later, I have stopped taking it because my knee has become painful and useless. I also started developing bruises easily. This is easily the worst medication I have ever taken (along with Clindamycin in a close second)."

emilyb4982 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015