User Reviews for Celebrex

4.7

1 review 82 medications
Summary of Celebrex reviews 7.4 151 reviews

Reviews for Celebrex

For Pain "Actually cause back pain/ spasms in different areas than where I have been treating, plus raised BP slightly"

Whoochiemama (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I was on Vioxx, then switched to Celebrex. I took 200 mg daily for 14 years. On 7-5-16 I had a heart attack. My right ventricle was full of blood clots. I had NO plaque. I had 3 blockages, 80%, 90% and 100 % blockage. My cardiologist took me off it immediately. Celebrex DID take care of most of my pain. Taking it is not worth dying."

Loulou (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have RA, DDD (Degenerative disc disease), and osteoarthritis. This medicine helps me so much. I like to take walks 2 to 3 miles a day. But if I don't take Celebrex at least twice a week, I am in so much pain. My feet and back the most. I try not to use it so much because of the side effects scare me. I do think it causes weight gain too. Or its just my age (54) . Celebrex seems to work better than methotrexate. But I will continue Methotrexate to help reduce joint damage later in life."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2018

For Pain "I was prescribed Celebrex by a physician as I suffer from chronic head aches, chronic neck & back pain from arthritis and my bloods keep showing inflammatory markers which they can't identify. No pain relief whatsoever :("

NM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Pain "meloxicam did not do anything for me and celecoxib did even less for pain in my knee."

wizonford1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "My rheumatologist prescribed this for my osteoarthritis & told me to take it as little as possible because of the potential for kidney & liver damage. Initially, I took it 1-2x/wk but then stopped taking it for a while. Started taking it again last week & after several days, I noticed constipation, my stomach being very bloated & a burning sensation in my stomach that nothing could relieve for about 36 hrs. I thought there many have been very slight pain relief, but nothing is worth the stomach issues, so I'm not taking it anymore."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I felt a difference immediately! I felt like a new woman! But by day 3 the itching started, and I was told to stop."

Dawn (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Pain "Had total knee replaced and this was prescribed for me. It brought swelling down"

Mrs_od (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Pain "I hurt my muscle while in the gym. Though this medicine works well I had to stop taking it as I noticed rapid weight gain in a short amount of time. I was barely eating as I was also ill, so nothing else could have caused the sudden increase in weight. Monitor this carefully as this could be an indication of something else going wrong."

Susan (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Pain "I've had arthritis and back pain I started taking this medication and it's helped immensely although the side effects are there (and you can look them up). I still will continue taking this medication I'll give it a couple of months and see how my body adjusts and go from there but for now it's working and that's a wonderful thing I actually have my movement back before I was like an 80 year old woman and I'm in my 50s"

Patty Tremblay (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

For Pain "Here in Portugal we pay for generic of the celebrex about 2 € a box with 30 pills. It is the same as the original."

Anonymous February 1, 2018

For Pain "My acute pain happened after I had the first Prolia injection May 1, 2017 and It caused my immune system to be out of whack. IBS, mouth and tongue sores, teeth, hair, bones and then the thoracic pain. Have had 2 Epidurals. Have had ultrasounds on my arm for pain. Shoulder and collarbone pain. I cannot tell if Celebrex is helping as I have only been taking it for a week. I took Gabapentin but it caused me to be very dizzy and sluggy. I wish a doctor could tell me what is going on and help me with this horrible pain. I had never been sick before."

Cynthiabrown (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Works well, been on it for years so may becoming immune. Not all generic versions are as good as Pfizer, I nearly came to a total stop after taking generic version for a few weeks, gone back to genuine ones and noticed change within 24 hours. If you get plain white capsule with Y 100 written on it expect trouble. I am in UK."

hpxd (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 5, 2017

For Pain "I have severe pain, stiffness, inflammation in the shoulder/arm/hand from an injury that occurred years ago. At first it was called severe left brachial plexopathy, but it has turned into chronic pain syndrome. At first doctors prescribed heavy meds that caused really bad side effects, so I asked dcs to change pres. Eventually the new doctors have been prescribing gabapentin, meloxican, celecoxib, and some other medications to help my stomach. I was on a temporary trial for an spinal stimulator, together with my medication and it improved my pain. However, for the permanent stimulator Dr told me to stop taking celecoxib for 2 weeks before surgery... The pain came back so bad I haven't been able to sleep at all for almost a week."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 14, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Worked well for pain but after a month got breathless and my heart raced at high speed. Thought I was having a heart attack.. Was given Noten to bring my heart rate back to normal. Still felt breathless.. On stopping the drug my heart and breathing slowly went back to normal. Scarey..."

Cathiiannii (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "53 year old male with bad knee. I was prescribed this for my knee. With in two days of 200 mg once a day, I woke up and had joint and muscle pain in my ankles, feet, arms, wrists and elbows. In addition I had sinus pressure so bad that it hurt to touch my face. I immediately quit taking and the symptoms are receding but still there two days later."

emsp (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

For Pain "I used to suffer from chronic headache since childhood (I'm 29 years old now). Back in 2015 I was injured and my doctor prescribed me this drug. It wasn't very helpful with my injury; however, my headache almost completely disappeared. I didn't notice that my headache is gone until my mom once told me "I no longer notice you complaining about your headache" so definitely this is not a placebo effect."

Groover (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Have been taking for 30 yrs! Told to stop by pharmacist . Just stop? Yes ! Surviving on 6 Panadol oesteo and Lyrica . Quite draining though. No sign of internal damage. Haven't seen doctor yet. Thought I'd give it some time. Been two weeks. Anyone else had similar experience???"

Suzie Babe September 10, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Celebrex has been wonderful for me--I never thought I would be able to regain mobility as well as I have. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. It took weeks to work, but I couldn't be more pleased with it now. I've noticed on some of the comments here that it worked immediately for some people, but it's not always like that, so be patient and give it time--hope this helps!"

Hele (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Works fantastic, a wonder drug...except for a flushed face for about twenty minutes. I had excruciating hip pain, nothing worked except Tylenol and Motrin in huge doses. One 200 mg dose of celebrex reduced 90% of my pain and allowed greater range of motion. I'm truly amazed. I have been using this two days. 50 yrs old and had a very physical life, this seems to be my path back to full physical activity."

Zedogguy June 21, 2017

For Pain "Celebrex has been the only thing to help me for my lupus inflammation and pain . I'm always in pain, my entire body and joints. We haven't been able to get down the inflammation. In October I switched rheumatologists and she changed my meds and immediately my pain was finally reduced and tolerable! I let myself run out this week for the first time and I'm in soo much pain! My husband is at the pharmacy right now for it. I refuse typical addictive pain pills. Celebrex has helped me tremendously, I haven't had a crying breakdown from pain since I started it!"

OkieGurl0843 April 26, 2017

For Pain "Hi everyone, Dealing with knee osteoarthritis for years. Pain got so bad that I could only do minimal exercise and was waking up from pain. Ibuprofen does help, maybe a 50% pain inhibition taking 6 pills a day. With Celebrex, 200mg/ twice daily, I am having about 90% pain reduction. I am now biking daily, no problem going up and down stairs. This is a miracle drug. Not a cure, but close!"

TomPr April 25, 2017

For Pain "It works for inflammation from my neuroma/foot pain, however, it makes me tired all the time and I seem grumpier - LOL. Also, after being on it for a month, when I decided to go off, my legs and ankles really really had major water retention. So, maybe when going off of it, it's a better idea to not stop all at once, but taper off so the body can adjust. The side effect of going off of this stuff and the drowsiness is why I rated it low. Otherwise, it does work for inflammation!!"

Stopped swelling but... (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Generally has been effective in treating osteoarthritis pain/ inflammation. For me it worked noticeably better than meloxicam. I have taken it on an as needed basis for at least 5 years and have had no appreciable side effects."

63galxy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Am in my 60s but have had arthritis since early 40s. Arthritis is both osteo and rheumatoid. I only take Celebrex when it's really painful especially in my hands. Celebrex starts easing the pain immediately and within 6 hrs I feel like I'm 21 yrs old again! It is a miracle medicine for me! !!"

Lanky mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 20, 2017