User Reviews for Meloxicam

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.3

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.7 396 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a torn rotator cuff I've been dealing with for 5 months and costocondritis. After my doctor prescribed this just recently I immediately felt better. Within 2 days. I do not experience any side effects so it is a win win for me."

the lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Been taking this for awhile! I initially was taking OTC meds for the pain when I was 305lbs. I cut my weight down to 265lbs. Now that I’m taking meloxican, my weight has gone back up to 278lb. Same diet with changes here and there and changes in workout (losing weight steadily) BUT NOWWWWW 13lbs!!! In just a month!!!! I’ll take otc. I doubt it works, for me anyhow, STILL WAS IN PAIN"

Ty April 4, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Meloxicam has prescribed for me for pain relief yet it does not work. To me it is just wasting money. Why does it not work for me?"

Brownie (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

For Tendonitis: "After only three days on meloxicam my tendonitis is starting to feel much better, and that’s after a month and a half of suffering from chronic Tendonitis. I had never heard of this drug before my physician’s assistant prescribed it. Wish I had known before."

Sudferer (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Doesn't seem to give me much relief for pain from my knee injury/meniscus surgery, but I am gaining a lot of weight and suspect it's the Meloxicam"

sylvie (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Tendonitis: "I have De Quervain's tenosynovitis and I was doing ok but this week super tight shoulder leading to hand pain and a severely decreased ability to grip things. So I took one meloxicam (prescribed for dqt just in case, but hadn't been taking them been) yesterday around 6am. I'm also insulin dependent diabetic. By 10:30am I felt sick and blood sugar was grossly high. It didn't matter how many times I took more insulin, my sugar would not stabilize all day. It was as if this NSAID was a steroid. Didn’t seem to alleviate my suffering either, just gave me more problems. Blood sugar did not begin to level out until midnight. Not at all normal."

Tar March 7, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm glad I looked at this site. I was prescribed Meloxicam 15 mg for acute sciatica. I have taken only two doses. It seems to have helped a little (but not completely) with the pain in my hip joint, lower back and legs but I'm feeling weird and am beginning to feel pain in my stomach and lower GI. After reading these reviews I am going off of it asap and trying ibuprofen in a fairly high dose. Ibuprofen typically works on pain for me and has side effects that are easier to deal with."

brokenheart12 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Degenerative Disk Disease and Fibromyalgia. I took 15 mg. daily for 7 months. Woke up with bad stomach pains and bloating. Now I can't take any anti-inflammatory medicines. This could have caused peritonitis (burst intestines)! Beware!"

DeanDean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Taking Meloxicam (4 weeks now) for severe pain with hip arthritis. I had lost 65 pounds of fat by hiking 15 miles a week on steep trails at age 65-70. Then got osteoarthritis. My hip pain became intolerable and I could not sleep for 2 weeks. After 15 days with 7.5 mg Meloxicam, the pain improved about 80% and sleeping through the night. However, after 4 weeks, my BP rose from about 130/90 to 150/120. I’m reporting this to my doctor."

Yoga Yogi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Well my experience has been so far so good. I can sit criss cross again. Doing all my exercises from therapy, and this is the real kicker. I'm losing weight like nobody's business. I am fitting clothes I haven't worn since my twenties and I am excited. I figure why not start eating healthier and walking more to help? I was over weight at first but I've lost 50lb and then some. So I'm just going to continue eating healthy and drinking water and seeing how much I can lose. The best medicine 2 for one deal!!!"

Grand ole flag (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took this medication for my back and I developed severe heartburn, to a point where I was sick. I looked up the side affects and heartburn was one of them, so I stopped taking them and now I feel fine."

Dimplez (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Parkinson’s symptoms affected. Balance deteriorating after 2 weeks on 15mg/day. Muscular soreness in lower legs. Some loss of appetite. Ability to walk for more than a few steps very difficult. Medication prescribed to treat inflammation resulting from bi-ingual and umbilical cord hernia repair keyhole surgery on May 22 2018. Currently just commenced 3rd week of 30 day course of meds. The inflammation pain has been less severe but still at a low level with periodical surges of intensity.."

Alpar January 1, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Recommended, but DIDN't work for me with a full knee replacement. Went back to Aleve when needed."

Cali (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Used 7.5mg now for most of 2018, Meh... It helps some but at 51 years old working outside this winter in OK not overly effective. Elbow joint pain intense on the outside... is that tennis elbow?! It has helped some on my shoulder and neck areas, so: Overall a 6-7 on pain relief"

Abcde December 7, 2018

For Tendonitis: "I’ve had tendinitis deep in my groin, since January, 2018. I’ve had 18 sessions of acupuncture, which provided temporary relief. My Doctor prescribed meloxicam, in September. It doesn’t really seem to work. I also had ten weeks of physical therapy, with daily stretching. I live in a two story home and the stairs sure don't help matters. Thinking passing on the drug. One day, My face got extremely red and swollen. I blamed it on the Santa Ana winds in Southern cal. Could be the Drug"

Les December 2, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "First, thank you for all of your shares. I just went on Meloxicam two days ago for fibro and degenerative disc in 5 discs. I've been in extreme pain for the last few months. Had MRI last week. Showed discs, pinch nerves, and the usual ache that goes with fibro. I took my first 15mg dose and within about 2 hours I felt loose so I did a few stretches, mild, and my back snapped so loud my girl friend heard it across the room. Since then, it has loosened up my body and I feel fantastic. I just took my 3rd dose in 3 days and I can not believe the relief. I am reading a lot about ULCERS and I would like some candid advice. Can anyone share what their experience has been with different ways to take the Meloxicam to maximize result and minimize risk?"

Tuck November 29, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "This medication is Great! it relieved my knee pain significantly. I'm now able to get up out of chairs and walk much more easily. It has been a life saver for me. I will use it until I get my knee replacement. My pain level has went from 10 to 2. Minor side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been using Meloxicam 15 mg for one year now after my spinal fusion L-2 thru S-1 major surgery and they take the edge off but my body handles it just fine. Everybody is different some people's bodies unluckily can't cope with it."

Al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I've been prescribed this medication for years for OA, and it really doesn't do a whole lot for me...but it does do some, since I stopped taking for a while and realized it was about 30% effective."

HCP (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I use it along with norco. Meloxicam does work for me. I take my daily norco across the hours of the day and then when there is still a significant gap in pain control, I take the Meloxicam and it does finish and fill the gap. For a few waking hours I feel sorta ok considering how busted up I am. Large back fusion, neck fusion OA with bone spurs in all the weight bearing joints. Trashed knee that bends all directions and now torn ligaments. Broke both wrists 2 years ago and it took over a year and a half for them to heal. They decided I have adult rickets too. Steroid injections help initially but will weaken the ligaments which now are rupturing."

horses (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2018

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed 15mg once a day. It helped to reduce pain a bit so now I can walk but still can't walk for the prolonged time (i.e. 15 mins or so). Unfortunately after 8 days of having it my stomach can't tolerate it anymore..."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am so glad to see these reviews. I thought I was going nuts with some of the side effects of Mobic. I have been taking it for about a month now. I was given this med for inflammation due to severe Planters Fasciitis. It has done nothing for my pain. I have to take it at night because literally makes me feel high for some reason. I get vision issues from it and the weight gain about 10/12 pounds since I started taking it. I have always held my weight good and then suddenly gaining that's what I'm linking it to. I just haven't felt 100% since I have been on this. I don't think this is going to be for me. I know my doctor wanted to use this instead of taking Advil but way to many side effects for my liking. I have had stomach issues and urinary issues as well. I tried it and I don't recommend it especially if you are sensitive to medicine anyway. I had to stop Lyrica to for the same reason to many side effects. I was using that for Fibromyalgia."

JBear October 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I was started on 15 mg tablets 1 per day for foot, ankle, and hip osteoarthritis. I had minimal nausea at first, then felt okay for about a week with great pain relief, but then side effects kicked it. I was very nauseous and had headaches 6 out of 8 days. I was exhausted by evening and slept a lot. I took the pill as directed, with food. I just discontinued it. So disappointed, because it really reduced pain."

Reetz (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My daughter after taking Meloxicam 15mg for 30 days for a nerve in her foot starting experiencing severe abdomen pain. She developed an ovarian cyst on her right side. She had to have emergency surgery due to it flipped her ovary. Her infection was so bad she almost died. They had to remove her ovary and she was only 17yr old! My niece just finished the same dosage for nerve in her shoulder. Since then has been experiencing abdomen pain. Went to dr today and did scan that show an ovarian cyst on her left ovary!! Women should not take this medicine!! This needs to be reported."

MJG (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The drug certainly helped numb my knee pain from my meniscus tear removal surgery. But it came with an additional pain - severe upset stomach. For 6 or 7 hours I have had to make numerous trips to bathroom, maybe 30 in total? Only 3 of those trips I loose stools the other times were not productive at all. Every time I went back to lay down the pain would instantly return and urge to use bathroom. I don't really know if that is a good trade for the pain. Tomorrow I will just try Ibuprofen instead. This is insane."

StomachSore (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018