User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 111 reviews 350 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 303 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Fibromyalgia: "Have been using this for about 3 months intermittently for fibro. It definitely helps that which is brilliant. The downside is I have just been released from hospital after 5 days of profuse bleeding. Ulcers??? I wasn't aware I had any. I urge caution with this medication"

jennyhogg May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Mobic didn't do anything for my pain from meniscus tears in both knees but it did take my melon size swollen knees down to almost normal. Once I recover from surgery enough to not need to manage swelling, I will be happy to go back to pain killers till."

Sam1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Caused ovarian failure within 30 days in a 14 year old girl. Patient had normal period for 3 years prior."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took this for 5 days for inflammation following knee surgery. Did nothing for pain and I had some stomach issues. The morning after my 5th dose, I woke up and the room was spinning. Vertigo was so bad I could barely walk. Going back to ibuprofen. I'll never take this again."

Pattyhrn May 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Made my pain worse"

CarolRobertson85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am a 31 year old female with Rheumatic Valvular disease. I recently had my joints become achy and inflamed to the point where I'd spend most days in pain and was unable to go back to work for the last few months. Was only suggested Krill oil(which I still have not tried yet) and panadol initially. My GP then suggested mobic. I am on the generic version Moxicam and it took about a week to come right but most of my aches in my joints are gone. Still a little rusty now and then but over all really happy with the outcome. I take one 15mg tablet every night after dinner and have been on it for almost a month. Side effects not applicable as my weight fluctuates and I get cramps and headaches regardless of meds."

ShaReesa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "just started taking meloxicam. My concern is weight gain can any one explain"

claress (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I took it for several days expecting pain relief but it didn't do anything. My doctor told me I have osteoarthritis my pain is so bad that I literally cannot do anything, except lying down on my belly. I stop taking Meloxicam because was useless for my pain and it makes my stomach upset.I did better with Tylenol and homeopathic pills."

Pepe87 April 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "It took away my pain, but made me drowsy and depressed. Also, it made me retain serious water. I recommend only taking this as a serious last resort!"

ArizonaDude April 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed Meloxicam for knee pain following two surgeries to repair meniscus tears. It truly was a wonder drug - knee pain practically gone - mobility increased. Took it for approximately 4 months - 1 x 10 mg. tablet with breakfast. AND THEN ... three weeks ago I woke up - couldn't stand up without fainting and had a tarry black stool. Rushed to hospital. Blood transfusions ... endoscopy revealed a bleeding duodenal ulcer. I had no symptoms - no pain at all. Gastroenterologist confirmed how dangerous this drug is - side effect of internal bleeding is very real. I should have done more research before taking. This is a dangerous drug - that unfortunately worked great to relieve knee pain - but almost killed me!"

Dee May March 29, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis, which was manageable with Aleve on bad days. Then I developed Fibromyalgia and the pain became excruciating! Tried Naproxin and it didn't touch the pain. Then my doctor put me on Meloxicam 15mg and the pain dropped in two days! It is not gone, because of the Fibro, but I have gone from off the pain scale back onto it (7-8 on most days, 3-4 on the rare good day). I am only staying on it for 2 months (am also on other meds for my Fibro). Supposedly if you can get your pain down to a 5 or below while on it you won't react when stopping. I'm also trying other things (low impact exercise, alternative therapies, etc) to help myself. I did read up on this before taking it and noted all the interactions to be aware."

ChronicDame (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've done two seven day courses of this medicine in 2016 for neck pain and stiffness, once in winter and once in autumn. Works great for the pain, although the complete symptoms would diminish only after I was into its third or fourth day. It did have some side-effects though: hot flushes, weakness, shaky feeling, minor anxiety, heart palpitations and stomach cramps. Although, I must add a note here though that all this could be more down to myself than the medicine"

Rawal Afzal March 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed meloxicam for sacroiliitis. It's helped make the pain a lot more tolerable. I'm still limited with what I can do, but it brought my resting pain level from an 8 to a 2-3."

BrittanyJ March 13, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "My doc prescribed Naproxen for my arthritic knees and hip, which I found almost ineffective. I was looking for a cheaper alternative and she let me try Meloxicam. Wow! I don't have knee pain any more and the hip pain is 80% better, and at a much, much lower cost to me. Some people do better on one or the other, so if one is not working for you, ask your doc to try the other."

too many cats March 8, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "One 15 mg dose caused melena and anaphylaxis. Scary stuff."

Steven_L4 March 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took it for a week for my chronic tendinitis injuries, joint stiffness, joint pain and muscle spasms. I went from a 26 inch waist to a 29 inch waist and a 29 inch band (under the boobs) to a 33 inch band in under a couple of days. All with no change in diet or exercise. Worked wonders for my pain and fatigue, but I don't recommend to any athletes."

Dansha Trib123 March 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had found out I had some cervical stenosis a couple spots was close to spinal cord. Dr prescribed meloxacam for inflammation. It worked awesome. I could move my neck better than I had before. But 12 pills in I started to get hives on my face, and some facial swelling, heart racing. Had to go to ER Its sad that I have so many med allergies. I wish I could have taken this. It worked for me for inflammation."

Bon70 February 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "In my experience with Meloxicam for an unspecified tendonitis in my outer wrist (my doc isn't real detail oriented), the drug doesn't do squat. I should mention that I have both a high tolerance for pain as well as an unusual resistance to the average painkillers. No external reason like built-up tolerance to anything, I only regularly take asthma medication and tegritol. For me, Meloxicam might as well be a placebo; add that to the troubling list of possible side-effects and I've contacted my doctor to disregard any refills and offer an alternate, more effective painkiller. It might work wonder for others, but to me, Meloxicam just didn't do it."

DrkAnjl7 February 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had extreme sciatica pain radiating down my left leg to my foot. Only opioids would take away the pain. I didn't want to be addicted to opioids so my back and bone doctor suggested that I try Meloxicam 15mg once a day. After four days of taking the meds all of my pain was gone and not just my leg but generally all over my body. I have just been through chemo and hormone therapy for cancer. The only side effect is mild upset stomach. I strongly advise eating something before taking the medicine."

Leeman66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking Mobic for approx 4 years now but (only on ocassions) to relieve arthritic symptoms from once a week to three times a week when chronic over this time span. Recently I have had a severe bout of Sciatica through both of my legs that started last December 2016 and I mean severe, I tried all sorts of pain relief e.g. panadeine 15 x 2 to help with little relief. Recently I had to administer a mobic to help with my arthritis and found it helped about 80% with my sciatica. I couldn't believe that this was the case so I asked my G.P. who said this may be the case as it acts as an anti inflammatory. I hope my findings helps others that why I wrote this blog. Take care. Chrismin. T."

Chrismin. T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "60 yrs old and have severe arthritis in both hands.Difficulty holding objects, joint pain,swelling and PAIN.This drug did absolutely nothing to relieve any of this.After 4weeks I have experienced a lot of weight gain,fatigue, dry mouth,insomnia. Prior to taking Mobic I was ok.Epsom salts does more than this drug with NO side effects"

Twin #1 January 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had a couple surgeries and have had arthritis and been on large doses of pain medication for the past 10 years my doctor prescribed meloxacam for me 7 days ago and I am almost pain free. I take it once a day. I am really tired but think that is from being so inactive for the past year and in bed all day. I would recommend you try this before giving up. Thank you doctor."

Anonymous January 26, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I have Osteoarthritis in my fingers, thumbs and both shoulders from 40 years of factory work. I have been taking Meloxicam for 2 and a half years. Without it I don't think I could continue working. I take one 15 mg pill every morning and it gives me relief all day. I get minor pain in the evening but nothing I can't handle. I tried going off of Meloxicam due to reading about the risks of long term use but my pain came back with a vengeance. I tried Aleve twice a day instead. It didn't work as well for the pain and it was harder on my stomach. My Rheumatologist said I had to weigh the risk factors and side effects of long term use of Meloxicam with my quality of life so I am choosing Meloxicam because it works for me and it's inexpensive."

Mikki Scott (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2017

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "Refilled my prescription two weeks ago after not taking the medication for a few months. It definitely helps with arthritis and back pain but this time I've gained 6lbs instantly. Didn't change anything in my diet and increased my exercise. Stomach boating is terrible. Be cautious when taking this medicine. Will be using this sparingly and only if needed."

Mama Bee January 14, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I took meloxicam for 6 days , couldn't sleep and gained 5 pounds. No more for me!"

Paw-Paw (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017