User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 107 reviews 350 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 292 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've done two seven day courses of this medicine in 2016 for neck pain and stiffness, once in winter and once in autumn. Works great for the pain, although the complete symptoms would diminish only after I was into its third or fourth day. It did have some side-effects though: hot flushes, weakness, shaky feeling, minor anxiety, heart palpitations and stomach cramps. Although, I must add a note here though that all this could be more down to myself than the medicine"

Rawal Afzal March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed meloxicam for sacroiliitis. It's helped make the pain a lot more tolerable. I'm still limited with what I can do, but it brought my resting pain level from an 8 to a 2-3."

BrittanyJ March 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "My doc prescribed Naproxen for my arthritic knees and hip, which I found almost ineffective. I was looking for a cheaper alternative and she let me try Meloxicam. Wow! I don't have knee pain any more and the hip pain is 80% better, and at a much, much lower cost to me. Some people do better on one or the other, so if one is not working for you, ask your doc to try the other."

too many cats March 8, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "One 15 mg dose caused melena and anaphylaxis. Scary stuff."

Steven_L4 March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took it for a week for my chronic tendinitis injuries, joint stiffness, joint pain and muscle spasms. I went from a 26 inch waist to a 29 inch waist and a 29 inch band (under the boobs) to a 33 inch band in under a couple of days. All with no change in diet or exercise. Worked wonders for my pain and fatigue, but I don't recommend to any athletes."

Dansha Trib123 March 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had found out I had some cervical stenosis a couple spots was close to spinal cord. Dr prescribed meloxacam for inflammation. It worked awesome. I could move my neck better than I had before. But 12 pills in I started to get hives on my face, and some facial swelling, heart racing. Had to go to ER Its sad that I have so many med allergies. I wish I could have taken this. It worked for me for inflammation."

Bon70 February 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "In my experience with Meloxicam for an unspecified tendonitis in my outer wrist (my doc isn't real detail oriented), the drug doesn't do squat. I should mention that I have both a high tolerance for pain as well as an unusual resistance to the average painkillers. No external reason like built-up tolerance to anything, I only regularly take asthma medication and tegritol. For me, Meloxicam might as well be a placebo; add that to the troubling list of possible side-effects and I've contacted my doctor to disregard any refills and offer an alternate, more effective painkiller. It might work wonder for others, but to me, Meloxicam just didn't do it."

DrkAnjl7 February 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had extreme sciatica pain radiating down my left leg to my foot. Only opioids would take away the pain. I didn't want to be addicted to opioids so my back and bone doctor suggested that I try Meloxicam 15mg once a day. After four days of taking the meds all of my pain was gone and not just my leg but generally all over my body. I have just been through chemo and hormone therapy for cancer. The only side effect is mild upset stomach. I strongly advise eating something before taking the medicine."

Leeman66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking Mobic for approx 4 years now but (only on ocassions) to relieve arthritic symptoms from once a week to three times a week when chronic over this time span. Recently I have had a severe bout of Sciatica through both of my legs that started last December 2016 and I mean severe, I tried all sorts of pain relief e.g. panadeine 15 x 2 to help with little relief. Recently I had to administer a mobic to help with my arthritis and found it helped about 80% with my sciatica. I couldn't believe that this was the case so I asked my G.P. who said this may be the case as it acts as an anti inflammatory. I hope my findings helps others that why I wrote this blog. Take care. Chrismin. T."

Chrismin. T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "60 yrs old and have severe arthritis in both hands.Difficulty holding objects, joint pain,swelling and PAIN.This drug did absolutely nothing to relieve any of this.After 4weeks I have experienced a lot of weight gain,fatigue, dry mouth,insomnia. Prior to taking Mobic I was ok.Epsom salts does more than this drug with NO side effects"

Twin #1 January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had a couple surgeries and have had arthritis and been on large doses of pain medication for the past 10 years my doctor prescribed meloxacam for me 7 days ago and I am almost pain free. I take it once a day. I am really tired but think that is from being so inactive for the past year and in bed all day. I would recommend you try this before giving up. Thank you doctor."

Anonymous January 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I have Osteoarthritis in my fingers, thumbs and both shoulders from 40 years of factory work. I have been taking Meloxicam for 2 and a half years. Without it I don't think I could continue working. I take one 15 mg pill every morning and it gives me relief all day. I get minor pain in the evening but nothing I can't handle. I tried going off of Meloxicam due to reading about the risks of long term use but my pain came back with a vengeance. I tried Aleve twice a day instead. It didn't work as well for the pain and it was harder on my stomach. My Rheumatologist said I had to weigh the risk factors and side effects of long term use of Meloxicam with my quality of life so I am choosing Meloxicam because it works for me and it's inexpensive."

Mikki Scott (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "Refilled my prescription two weeks ago after not taking the medication for a few months. It definitely helps with arthritis and back pain but this time I've gained 6lbs instantly. Didn't change anything in my diet and increased my exercise. Stomach boating is terrible. Be cautious when taking this medicine. Will be using this sparingly and only if needed."

Mama Bee January 14, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I took meloxicam for 6 days , couldn't sleep and gained 5 pounds. No more for me!"

Paw-Paw (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed Meloxicam for Siatica and other back issues, stayed on it as prescribed and followed all instructions as described. After about 2 years of taking I had a bad stomach ache and had to hold off from going to the ball game, Went to the rest room prior to going and there was a minor amount of blood in my stool. At the hospital I started getting worse quick, they gave me a small bowl and I said this isn't going to do it, they gave me a larger one and I said I'm going to get sick now and off we went .....flying towards a room, but didn't make it. I threw up blood and my bowels let go with nothing but blood, I was bleeding out, I lost 28 units that night. Good thing I was close to the hospital and or in it. Doc says I had 1 min to live..."

BLEDOUT (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tendonitis: "I have been on Meloxicam for four years now. I worry about long term problems or might cause,but nothing else has helped my wrist pain. If I skip a day or two, my wrist is weak and in tons of pain. As long as I remember to take the meds, I'm pain free. I recommend meloxicam. It's been good for me."

MMicheleF January 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Didn't help with inflamed situation it was prescribed for. Nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, insomnia, restlessness, headaches. ITCHY! So very itchy. Make it stop. I haven't slept in days."

Meloxicam makes me itchy January 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This was prescribed in the maximum daily dose, 15mg, had some effect in reducing swelling and inflammation in my foot, but caused severe bloodshot eyes! I stopped taking it and Tylenol did just as good a job on my condition and no more bloodshot eyes!! Incompetent Dr.!!"

Tippismom (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I too am in constant pain mobic worked wonders but stomach wouldn't tolerate it. My dr gave me 7.5 twice a day instead of 15 amazing results."

sabarto25 January 7, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took pill after eating dinner, now 9 PM & I was dizzy, felt nauseated, room spun, then threw up!all within 20 Minutes. Never will I take this again!!!!!!!!!!!"

JA 123! (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was prescribed this medication due to my rheumatoid arthritis but I have also had plantar fasciitis for over a year. This has literally taken away at least 80% of my pain on my feet. I'm able to be active again."

Neecie85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed 15mg, as needed once a day, for pain and inflamation due to sciatica. I feel it does nothing."

EricG54 December 3, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been taking Meloxicam on and off for about five years since I began having back problems (pain), which have not been diagnosed. I'm a 55 yr old overweight woman. I take two 7.5 mg tablets a few hours before I know I'll be active and it really dulls the pain of walking, bending, etc. I do try not to take it very often, just when I need it, but it helps me a lot. No side effects that I have noticed."

WildwingSuz (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a rheumatoid arthritic condition on my right thumb where it attaches my wrist. As a professional bassist, this is a serious issue. My doctor prescribed 15 mgs of meloxicam daily, the maximum adult dosage. The first day I took it, it provided some relief for about 6 hours. It's been ineffectual since. I get better results from taking Aleve."

Davebi November 12, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "Aleve worked much better at controlling pain."

DrRed November 2, 2016