User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 97 reviews 345 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 163 medications

3.5
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 255 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Works great, with in 7 days time .."

ScottyDogg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Doctor prescribed this medication due to inflammation from plantar fasciitis. 15 mg once a day. Read all the literature about this drug. It was great at relieving the pain in my heel. However, after only one dose I had dizziness and a pounding headache. Also got heartburn even though I took it in a full stomach. I also felt my heart racing and got pressure in my ears. Most likely due to it raising my blood pressure. Definitely not worth all that as I had a TIA 8 years ago. The instructions to doctors says to use the lowest dose for the shortest period of time. Should have been given 7.5 and not for 2 months."

Kat D August 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Very effective in greatly reducing from spondylolithesis so far"

EdPsyDr August 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Used to control inflammation from Psoriatic arthritis and spondylitis. Was switched from Celebrex which was giving me headaches, afternoon severe fatigue and a brain fog. Mobic/meloxicam does not provide as much pain relief as the Celebrex but it definitely takes the edge off. It does not zap my energy and I can get many things done. I am not laying around anymore, I almost seem ADD like. I have some insomnia, where I wake up after about 5 hours of sleep. Some days I do feel a little edgy and snappish, but overall this med is helping me function."

Jan9291 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I was placed on 15mg/day of Meloxicam for inflammation of Soras mucle, related groin pain and instability of my SI joint. I only took it for a week but stopped because of the side effects; 5 lb weight gain, excessive hair loss, etc."

BP1204 August 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Not any observed difference in benefit between Meloxicam and Celebrex which I have taken for years. What I have noticed is MASSIVE HAIR LOSS. This happened to me when I was on Vioxx, another COX-2 inhibitor (before they took it off the market). Will be going back on Celebrex."

Midwife Barb August 11, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "22 year old female diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatologist switched me from regular higher dose naproxen to meloxicam. All the pain relief I had been having with the naproxen disappeared when I switched over. Got off work the other day to find that I had some rectal bleeding as well. I suffer from depression as well and am medicated for it, but the second I started taking this drug my symptoms got much worse. I believe the meloxicam is causing a big bunch of problems for me, and I only just started taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have an unknown issue with my foot(its black, green, red, blue and swells to the point to where it almost rips its own tendons off the bones; foot cramps so bad tendons tear) I have seen several doctors/specialists and still no diagnosis. Ive been given this every time and it does nothing for me. the pain is so unbearable i can barely get out if bed or sleep. All the doctors say is this is the best they can do for me. I feel that im being treated like some drug addict even though my spine tap and blood work come up clean. This medication is useless for whatever I have(ive told them this). Doctors should not be able to just hand out meds for unknown causes or even be able to reject actual pain meds that could help someone."

Patrick S. July 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "At first it made me incredibly drowsy but took the "edge" off my knee and chronic lower back pain where I had a discectomy and spinal fusion. Its been about a week and my stomach hurts pretty bad...I mean like a really sharp pain. Not only that-I think my body has gotten used to dose and my pain level is back to a 7 on top of my stomach. I'm afraid of getting addicted to pain meds because so many of my friends have ruined their life with them, but I cannot live like this. Wondering if I should stop taking this and get the painkillers that actually work....if doc sees fit."

Jeffw2201 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Taken this for 30 days and no difference with stiff hands. ALEVE did a better job. Back to the Doctor I guess."

Tradervic (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This med was pretty much a dud for me. My Ibprofen 600 mg can't be beat."

Spe77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I. Have had back pain for years now. About a month ago my doctor gave me melodic am 15 mg. by the end of the month I was feeling very weak and in pain. I was having pain in the middle of my stomach and the. It subsided. A week later I experienced weakness and feeling like I was going to pass out. When I told my doctor he said he did. It know why I was feeli this way. The same day I developed diarrhea and it was black this continued to the next day. I called for an appointment because I was feeling worst. I was admitted to the hospital and I was told I was bleeding and ihave three ulcers. Two gastric and one peptic and every doctor said it came from the meloxicam. It was destroying my stomach. I will never use it again."

Tiny 2 June 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Mobic has helped with my Fibromyalgia pain, but, one side affect is swelling, and my feet and legs stay swollen no matter how much water I drink. My orthopedic Dr prescribed it for my hip pain, he said stop taking it because of the swelling, boo! hoo! It really made a difference in my pain level!"

JR's girl June 4, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This medicine was wonderful. I felt like a new me. No aches, no soreness or pain. BUT, a blood test showed elevated something(sorry, can't remember what). so I had to have a tube down my throat (sedated) to check out my pancreas. It was inflamed even though I had no symptoms. So sadly I can't take Mobic any more. Was told to take 2 Aleve and Prilosec to protect my stomach. Aleve is O.K. but not as good as Mobic."

Caroclara1945 May 24, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Takes a few days to kick in. Have an annular tear, disc bulge and Spondylolysis at L5-S1. Helps significantly with the pain. If I don't take it for a few days, the pain returns."

DarrenMc May 21, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am a 65 year old male and was given meloxicam for pain in my hands.The med did not reduce my pain for awhile. I had taken for more than 4 months.and noticed that my skin would bruise easily. any cuts on my body would take a long time to heal. I am not diabetic. When my rectum started bleeding,I was told to use an over counter laxative. which helped I just thought I was getting older and this was to be expected. I then read about side-effects and decided to quit taking meloxicam. within a couple of weeks my cuts and bruises healed up. The pain in my hands is coming back, but the side effects were worse for me. I read other peoples comments on line and they seem to love this med.Everyone is different. If it works for you , Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Bad news: causes water retention gastric problems and kidney stones in me"

Rany8 May 1, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "75 yrs old and l thought that l had to learn to live with the constant ache and debilitating stiffness from osteoarthritis in neck, back, thumbs, knees and ankles. After all, there are many more people worse off. Mobic is a magic pill - only 7.5 mg once or 2xs a day and l have my life back. I can exercise, do household chores, and stand longer than 10 or 15 minutes to cook or do dishes."

born again (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm a 43 year old female and was taken this for headaches due to post concussion syndrome from a car accident 4 months ago. I only took this meloxican for 4 days. So many side effects. Then I noticed yesterday all my body hair was gone. Not waiting for my hair on my head to start falling out! I also had rashes, skin tingling, bloating, not being able to empty my bladder and many more. Whatever benefit I got is not worth it. I read in some of the other posts of people losing there hair and they have stayed on it! Why? Losing hair is under rare side effects. Doesn't look like from all the posts! I'm going to go with what I wanted in the first place, CBD oil."

Manya Z (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor put me on Meloxicam for Osteo Arthritis in knees. I could barely get around & exercise was out. I took the pill & next morning forgot all about my pain. It was a miracle to me. I could move around like normal & walk my dog. I still use it."

Donna O (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2016

For Tendonitis: "Had pain in my hands from driving to much. After 8 months or so I found my self in the ER then the ICU of my local hospital. After a couple scary days and many test it was determined that I had a bleeding ulcer in my esopogas. Lots allot of blood. Doctor told me that this medicine most likely was the clulprit. I would never recommend this to anyone. DO NOT TAKE"

JonPJNY April 20, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I have arthritis in my neck from C4 to C6 plus severe TMJ. I suffered with constant pain in my neck and jaw joints during the past year. My doctor prescribed mobic and within 3 days the pain and swelling in my neck and jaws disappeared. It was almost like a miracle. Tried every over the counter anti inflammatory with no luck. I have had no stomach pain so far just welcomed relief. I can now work my entire shift with no pain."

Kymdarl (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Developed a significant limp from severe arthritic pain in right foot. Since taking mobic for 2 weeks the pain has virtually disappeared. I have my life back."

Mjimenez05 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I take this for neck shoulder pain & pinched nerve. Great med when taking regularly but my doctor won't refill again until I go see him for a checkup. I started trying to not take as much or sometimes none. Having pain in my teeth and head. Have no idea what is going on but wonder if this med makes you worse when getting off of it. Does it make your nerves more sensitive? I will go for that checkup soon."

ohreally April 11, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I am experiencing side effect of diarrhea after 5 day. Still having pain Don't know if it's going to be worth all the diarrhea"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016