User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.3

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.4 331 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "After 10 weeks of one daily 7.5 meloxicam, I stopped taking it. Four weeks later landed in hospital with kidney failure.......expensive scans, tests etc ruled out cancer etc... ... Nephritis left me with only 8% kidney function which hopefully will get better.......am under nephrologist care. Definitely caused by Meloxicam. I take no medication whatsoever, not even vitamins, am a healthy 80 year old woman. Meloxicam did nothing for my pain due to herniated disc and sciatica, one or two opioid pills a day would have given me good sleep and healing but I spent two months sleepless with pain......."

Sussika123 November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Once I started taking melocicam along with my disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARD's) medicine, I felt like a new person, like I could run around the block. I was so thankful. Now I can do my house work without feeling pain or having to stop/rest."

Sensy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Started taking this medication about two weeks ago. I gained weight and swelling in hand, legs, feet and ankles. Belly swollen too. I am stopping this medication immediately before something more serious happens. This happened before while on this medication."

Queenladyj (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "On day 2 right now (15mg-1daily) and 3 hours after taking it, I'm feeling very anxious, asthma like symptoms (I do have asthma), and nausea. NOT continuing and will be calling the dr. I'll be using aleve and PT to manage my arthritis that just flared and got diagnosed. I can't take a ZPak either as it is too strong on my stomach. 41 yrs old and healthy. Also gained 5 pounds in 2 days! Not normal to gain like that as my weight has been consistent lately... lost 60 lbs last year. very scary reading these posts and info. I feel like we are just being poisoned with all these drugs!"

LeAnn1111-27 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I took this drug for about 5 days as directed, for low back arthritis -- I became despondant about my life -- and did not immediately connect this feeling to meloxicam. When I got to thinking about it I checked the side effects, and the oddly specific and very accurate "discouragement" was a side effect. I'm a tough kid, oilfield worker, long time rugby player etc -- and I'm not kidding when I tell you there was a three day period there where I honestly felt like I was an inch from crying -- and I probably would have been crying if I just wasn't so tired of life, and going nowhere etc (mind you, this was during the oil boom, so I was doing great). I removed myself from the med, and started to be my old sunny self within a day or 2"

BigMontana (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am 45 years old and suffer from degenerative arthritis in my knees due to severe injuries. The pain was becoming so unbearable...to the point of questioning how I can go on for another 30-40 years. Ibuprofen and Celebrex provided no relief and shots were just as worthless. I just started Mobic a 2 weeks ago and I have my life back! The pain is absolutely gone! I honestly can't believe it! I will admit the side effects scare me, but I'm hoping my excellent health prior to using Mobic will be stave off the risk of these side affects."

VeblenMom October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I took one 15mg tablet, as prescribed and developed a rash around my cheeks and eyes. Discontinued until I can contact my doctor on Monday."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am 62 year old female. Took drug for 7 days, got red itchy rash down arm, slightly under arm, down chest, and still spreading. Stopped taking on 7th day, been 40 hours without it, but rash still going strong"

24 be October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "Had crippling achilles tendonitis. Took one dose and never hurt again. Awesome med! Started to work after one dose"

Fresh72! October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Mobic seemed to work great to reduce my arthritis pain. However, it gave me a headache and my other MD said Prozac can't be taken with Mobic because both increase the risk of gastric bleeding etc Also, it gave me shortness of breath. I thought it reduced my pain but my doc says arthritis pain comes and goes, so maybe not. Be careful if you also take an antidepressant - many don't react well with Mobic."

jloo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had low intense back pain for 2 yrs. This drug works great & I tolerated it well. I did a 7 day regimen as prescribed. Now I am pain free & will use if I have a flare up. It worked for me & did so after 2hrs of taking it."

Wdt (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "After about 4 other anti-inflammatory drugs did nothing for severe tendonitis in my knee (sports injury) the meloxicam was the magic bullet. 5 days was all it took to get the swelling down and the healing to begin. I had 3 months of nearly intolerable pain up until that time. Of course, your milage may vary since one data point is not a trend."

MxG (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had constant pain in my hands neck and shoulder from my lupus. It has caused me not to be able to do simple thinks such as house work, care for my toddler and get out and go places. I noticed a reduction in pain within 6 hours. I have not had any side effects, although I know others commonly do. I was told not to drink on this because it can cause severe stomach discomfort and I'm following the docs orders on that one. I know everyone is different, but for me this is a miracle!"

QRJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "While my pain subsided, the side effects were awful. My tongue swelled up, I gained 4 pounds in a week, and am seriously retaining water. I got the okay from my doctor to discontinue yesterday and am looking forward to feeling normal again. Not worth the side effects, in my opinion. I'd rather take ibuprofen."

Plantar fascia tear (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I was just diagnosed with lupus three years ago. Come to find out it was actually fibromyalgia. I am taking cymbalta, xanax, and meloxicam. I feel a huge different with the cymbalta. My nerve pains immediately went away. But if you go a day without it the withdrawals are horrid. Meloxicam helps to an extent. I feel a slight difference in my joint pains but I still feel so bad I cannot walk. I would love to see stronger pains medications with less addicting properties."

Jhummel3 July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "My right hip has been incredibly painful for the last couple of years. I've had two major procedures where a cortisone was injected into my hip. This was done in a hospital setting. Recently my hip started to act up again. My doctor, as in the past, recommended a replacement. I asked him if there was anything other option. He then suggested Meloxicam. He wasn't fond of it because of possible side affects.The next morning I took my first tablet (15mg). In less than 2 hours the pain was completely gone. It was a miracle!"

RayM36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Years ago I had terrible low back pain. MD suggested Mobic which worked great for several years. About 4-5 years ago I developed atrial fibrillation. My cardiologist told me to definitely get off the Mobic because a side effect is bleeding, so this would worsen the bleeding because one side effect of Xarelto (a blood thinner) is to thin my blood to avoid strokes. I just read on another site that Mobic can cause AFib. There is no way to know if the Mobic caused the AFib or it developed independently. I suspect the Mobic brought on the AFib, although I have no proof of that. I have been in excellent health. The 1-10 rating scale used above should not be used, because in my case the Mobic was very helpful but probably caused major side effect"

Nulam July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Hi all...I'm 7 months post-op from a total knee replacment @ the age of 53. I was taking Celebrex 2 years prior to my knee surgery.. My Doctor recently asked me to try the Mobic/ Meloxicam.. As the celebrex just seemed to not be effective enough to manage the pain, swelling/ inflammation.. I've been taking the meloxicam for 3 weeks now, and just wow... I've seen a tremendous difference with my knee in every aspect.For the first time in 7 months, I don't have to sleep with a pillow between my knees,to help relive the pain I have been experiencing still with the knee... The only side effect I've noticed is a disruption of my sleeping.. Which I take melatonin and solved that problem...Is it working for me??..Absolutely a miracle drug!!"

Preslee July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I had chest pains and heartburn, feelings of nausea/anxiety...and no help with pain."

elysium (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had lower back pain for 22 years (I am 45) Meloxicam was prescribed about 2 years ago. I take 15mg a day, in the morning. No side affects whatsoever but not a very good pain eliminator, I still have breakthrough pain that starts in around noon and lasts the rest of the day, at least 3-4 days a week."

AnnaBanana4u (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Meloxicam for my hand pain from a hand specialist with a large and reputable Bone and Joint group. If he had read what my current prescriptions were he never would have prescribed this drug to me. Before taking any of it I did my research thoroughly and found out it is indeed a very dangerous drug, especially for people over 65 (me!), with high blood pressure, kidney issues, allergies, indigestion, etc. I would advise everyone to research before taking this drug."

Mamabees June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm taking Meloxicam 15mg. The shape of the pill is round & concave. The concave surface suctions/sticks in my throat & won't go down. Does anyone else have this problem?"

SUZY-Q777 June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "48 yr old healthy female, w/ osteoarthritis in 3 places in my back. LOTS of pain, nothing really helping. Decided to give Meloxicam a try, and within a few days a huge difference in the pain, only felt stiff in the mornings. However, week 2 of taking it , and was in bed last night about to fall asleep when I became incredibly dizzy, felt like the bed was spinning and I felt pretty confused as well. I haven't been drunk in years, but that's the only thing I can compare the feeling to- been really drunk and going to bed. It was terrible and lasted probably 15 mins. Each time I closed my eyes, the bed was spinning and I became super nauseous, and when my eyes were open everything was spinning as well. Was really scary! Done w/ Meloxicam"

drshelton2154 June 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Was limited with activity and living with pain 24/7. Been on Meloxicam for 12 months; as far as I'm concerned it's a miracle drug. I still get a bit stiff when I move more than normal, but it's given me 95% relief...."

Donamari June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Prescribed for arthritic knee. Taking 7.5mg daily and my knee pain has gone . I also have diabetic nephropathy and my feet burn and tingle all the time. It was almost impossible to fall asleep, I stayed up late till I just couldn't stay up any longer. It's like a miracle happened. My foot pain has almost disappeared. My feet feel so much better. The tingling and burning have diminished from a 10 to a 1. Thank you I can't say enough."

diciple9 June 2, 2017