User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 17 reviews 33 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 281 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "I have Osteoarthritis in my fingers, thumbs and both shoulders from 40 years of factory work. I have been taking Meloxicam for 2 and a half years. Without it I don't think I could continue working. I take one 15 mg pill every morning and it gives me relief all day. I get minor pain in the evening but nothing I can't handle. I tried going off of Meloxicam due to reading about the risks of long term use but my pain came back with a vengeance. I tried Aleve twice a day instead. It didn't work as well for the pain and it was harder on my stomach. My Rheumatologist said I had to weigh the risk factors and side effects of long term use of Meloxicam with my quality of life so I am choosing Meloxicam because it works for me and it's inexpensive."

Mikki Scott (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "Refilled my prescription two weeks ago after not taking the medication for a few months. It definitely helps with arthritis and back pain but this time I've gained 6lbs instantly. Didn't change anything in my diet and increased my exercise. Stomach boating is terrible. Be cautious when taking this medicine. Will be using this sparingly and only if needed."

Mama Bee January 14, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I took meloxicam for 6 days , couldn't sleep and gained 5 pounds. No more for me!"

Paw-Paw (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed Meloxicam for Siatica and other back issues, stayed on it as prescribed and followed all instructions as described. After about 2 years of taking I had a bad stomach ache and had to hold off from going to the ball game, Went to the rest room prior to going and there was a minor amount of blood in my stool. At the hospital I started getting worse quick, they gave me a small bowl and I said this isn't going to do it, they gave me a larger one and I said I'm going to get sick now and off we went .....flying towards a room, but didn't make it. I threw up blood and my bowels let go with nothing but blood, I was bleeding out, I lost 28 units that night. Good thing I was close to the hospital and or in it. Doc says I had 1 min to live..."

BLEDOUT (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

For Tendonitis: "I have been on Meloxicam for four years now. I worry about long term problems or might cause,but nothing else has helped my wrist pain. If I skip a day or two, my wrist is weak and in tons of pain. As long as I remember to take the meds, I'm pain free. I recommend meloxicam. It's been good for me."

MMicheleF January 12, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Didn't help with inflamed situation it was prescribed for. Nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, insomnia, restlessness, headaches. ITCHY! So very itchy. Make it stop. I haven't slept in days."

Meloxicam makes me itchy January 11, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This was prescribed in the maximum daily dose, 15mg, had some effect in reducing swelling and inflammation in my foot, but caused severe bloodshot eyes! I stopped taking it and Tylenol did just as good a job on my condition and no more bloodshot eyes!! Incompetent Dr.!!"

Tippismom (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I too am in constant pain mobic worked wonders but stomach wouldn't tolerate it. My dr gave me 7.5 twice a day instead of 15 amazing results."

sabarto25 January 7, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took pill after eating dinner, now 9 PM & I was dizzy, felt nauseated, room spun, then threw up!all within 20 Minutes. Never will I take this again!!!!!!!!!!!"

JA 123! (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was prescribed this medication due to my rheumatoid arthritis but I have also had plantar fasciitis for over a year. This has literally taken away at least 80% of my pain on my feet. I'm able to be active again."

Neecie85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed 15mg, as needed once a day, for pain and inflamation due to sciatica. I feel it does nothing."

EricG54 December 3, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been taking Meloxicam on and off for about five years since I began having back problems (pain), which have not been diagnosed. I'm a 55 yr old overweight woman. I take two 7.5 mg tablets a few hours before I know I'll be active and it really dulls the pain of walking, bending, etc. I do try not to take it very often, just when I need it, but it helps me a lot. No side effects that I have noticed."

WildwingSuz (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a rheumatoid arthritic condition on my right thumb where it attaches my wrist. As a professional bassist, this is a serious issue. My doctor prescribed 15 mgs of meloxicam daily, the maximum adult dosage. The first day I took it, it provided some relief for about 6 hours. It's been ineffectual since. I get better results from taking Aleve."

Davebi November 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Aleve worked much better at controlling pain."

DrRed November 2, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have tried mobic for quite some time and just recently switched to celebrex. Pros mobic is cheap but ineffective. Pain is still horrible. When I switched to celebrex made a huge difference. Con of celebrex is its expensive but effective."

Lower back pain arthritisL3-5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Took Mobic after 2 days had to go to the ER,had bad rash, eye & face swelling.really terrible drug for me."

BARKER222 October 19, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Mobic for c-3-4-5 herniated disc repair, plate screws and fusion post surgery meds. This was a horrible drug for me. I swelled face, hands and feet so much so I looked like a different person. water retention maximized! Then complicating matters is the weight gain! I gained 15 pounds in 2 months! I am a petite 110 lb woman. The added weight raised my blood pressure needed to see a cardiologist and rx meds to return me back where I started! I would NOT recommend this medication. Since then my pain is managed and monitored by rx pain meds not NSAIDs."

Macygirl08 October 5, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been suffering from inflammation in the joints I am a 21 year old female and my rheumatologist put me on the meloxicam medication 15 mg a day which has worked out great for me before I couldn't even jump, my knees were always stiff and I've noticed I can do squats and exercise again which is great I've only been taking it for a few days and I already noticed a difference I don't have any symptoms with this medication and I think it's awesome the only reason I scored a 9 and not a 10 is bc I kno sometimes medications are too good to be true and there can be some long term affects but for right now I haven't felt this good for a long time I almost feel young again lol"

Shay305 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis in my back, wrists, and knee. I take Meloxicam 15 mg and it works great... For my back and knees only. When my arthritis flares up in my wrists it's unbearable. Almost like the medicine does nothing."

jp184 October 3, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Took Meloxicam for 2 weeks. Helped with the pain, but noticed stomach swelling. Woke up one night with severe stomach cramps. Passed out in bathroom. Had to be taken to Hospital. Had stomach bleeding. Lost 2 pints of blood and had stomach ulcer. This drug is dangerous."

Wylddog September 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Works great as a substitute for Advil but just as worried about long-term effect."

Ally the Hoosier September 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got bitten by a tick 5 years ago - finally diagnosed as Lyme in Germany. Live in Mexico in the winter, and here my doctor gives me a shot of Meloxicam about once a month, and within a few hours, I am literally pain free for weeks, and have had no side effects whatsoever, and it takes away the swelling in my joints that is extremely debilitating! Lots of energy and this shot has literally saved my life and sanity!"

Ninky (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Works ok"

Shondac September 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I found this drug to not give me any relief at all..I'm so disappointed bcuz I've heard a lot about how good it has worked for others"

brina62 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Male age 73. Meloxican 7.5. I have developed a rash and itch after six days, weight gain, and decreased urinating. The rash and itch according to the side effects description can become severe. I am discontinuing its use."

J.John September 5, 2016