User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Anjeso Vivlodex

Meloxicam has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 502 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of those users who reviewed Meloxicam reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Inflammatory Conditions  Off-label
2.8
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.4 502 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

Poodle · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “So I've only been taking 7.5 mg once a day for 5 days, and I do feel a lot of relief in the pain in my hands, but not much in my ankles - which is the main issue for me. After reading all these reviews I'm hesitant to continue using it. I have had some stomach issues and have felt a bit "blue" but thought it was because the weather has been overcast and cold the past few days. I think I'm going to stop for a few days and see how I feel. I might just go back to Aleve, though that didn't help much.”

sid · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 21, 2021

For Pain: “Hello everyone.. Mobic has been doing a great job in all aspects for me. I use it for my ankylosing spondylitis treatment.. very good pill my doc got me right spot on”

Peg · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I started taking 15mg Meloxicam few weeks ago and it helps, but it puts out sex drive out a little. Other than that, it is good. Prefer to take pain relievers with no side effects.”

Syd · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “It works!!! Nothing else gave me 100% relief of the burning ache in low back. My doctor told me to start taking omeprazole otc when he gave me the prescription for meloxicam since it can be hard on your stomach. No side effects only tremendous pain relief. I take 7.5mg in the morning with breakfast and 7.5mg in evening with dinner. Absolute wonder drug. Wish it had been prescribed to me 2 years ago! It is better than epidural injections, better than prednisone, chiropractor, physical therapy, massages, cold gel packs, muscle relaxers, stretching, advil, tylenol, naproxen, hydrocodone; Meloxicam blew everything else I tried out of the water. I felt it helping within about 3 days and recommend taking with food and starting omeprazole.”

Punkincat · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I’ve been taking meloxicam for 4 years. Helped a little with foot pain but I’ve gained 45lbs and could not understand why since I hadn’t changed my eating habits. I’ve been telling doctors about this and they just suggested dieting. One even said just stop eating completely and take supplements like that’s so easy. Not ONCE did they mention weight gain as a side effect of this drug. Not to mention the cardiac and circulatory dangers. Plus internal bleeding that can occur. I’ve learned the hard way to just quit trusting doctors to tell you anything. Be your own health advocate and read everything thing you can find when you’re prescribed any drug.”

Ashleyjarrett · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Mobic for knee pain for 2 weeks. Within the first week I noticed fluid on my ankles and lower legs. Then three days ago I started getting itchy welts, on my breast, chest, stomach, arms and legs. They look very very similar to bed bug bites or flea bites and I know without a doubt I do not have ether one. Yes it did wonders for my knee pain I was able to go to the gym and stand for a long time with no problem. I've now stopped the med because I would rather deal with my knee pain than the side effects, as they are worse then the pain. I am looking to see how long it will take for the welts to stop and go away the itching is unbearable!!! I have taken Benadryl and using Cortizone cream I will be calling my doc in the morning. My over all opinion for this med is not to take it because of the side effects. I truly hope this helps someone that is having these side effects!”

Susan · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I am 64 and in good health except for some major joint pain in my hips, knees, and ankles. Meloxicam is a miracle drug for me. I have been taking 15mg a day for several months and I am pain free and doing great. I have not had any of the side effects so far either!”

Captain77 · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Mobic - the miracle pill. I have had chronic pain in my right knee for the last 6 months or so, it was getting worse by the day. I have now been taking Mobic 15mg for two days and I have no pain at all. I have read that there can be some nasty side effects, but at the moment I really don't care. I can walk pain free again.”

R0che11e October 9, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I have Cervical Arterial Disease and the pain radiates in my neck, shoulder, arms and hands. Sometimes makes me have bad headaches as well, on the left side of my head. Mobic is a life-saver for me. I had this medication for awhile, but refused to take it because reading the side effects scared me, but after over-the-counter medicatuons quit helping me with the pain, I went ahead and started it, and this is the best I've felt in months. I haven't had any side effects yet, but I've only been on it, for about a week. I'll continue to take it for now, because at least I'm not miserable. Living with chronic pain is no joke.”

Straight shooter March 15, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “Started taking Meloxicam June 2020 7.5mg daily. Felt immediate pain relief in my knees, my prescription ran out 3/8/2021 had a miserable week trying to walk. Called my Doctor and he prescribed 90 days and within 8 hrs my pain went away. I can walk daily 4 miles without much pain at all, looks like I’m on Meloxicam for life. I’m 62 and healthy.”

Arla · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 10, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I've been taking Meloxicam for about 5 years and it really helps me. I tried to stop taking it but my arthritis pain returned in about 4 days. My doctor monitors my blood work regularly to make sure I have no side effects.”

Fancy Feet · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “Severe osteoarthritis of left knee and I'm up on my feet a lot so the pain was unbearable. Was taking vicodin 4 x day, 2 aleve and had absolutely NO relief from pain. Started mobic 7.5 mg on Wed and by Sun I could walk/sleep and NO pain! So any surgery needed can now wait! No side effects as of now...but I plan on decreasing to every other day and definitely take it with a meal”

MoFirefighter · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

For Pain: “Retired Missouri Firefighter after 40 yrs, now 60 yoa, been on many OTC pain relievers for years, only one or two helped occasionally. Injured my lower back on a rescue call 38 yrs ago, lower back pain since, now sciatic pain in both hips daily, joint pain in my hands, fingers, wrists, knees from injuries on fire calls over the yrs, now degenerative disc disease, my doctor recommended I try Meloxicam...I took it that evening at 5 pm. I realize it may not work for others, but OMGosh...it works WONDERS for me !! He prescribed it for my back pain...let me tell you, it WORKS on ALL my pains and the relief starts within 15 minutes of taking it, and get this, lasts for more than 24 hours a day !! Found out one day when I ran out recently and couldn't get the pharmacy to refill it for a couple of days...one pill for me lasts for about 28 hours...helps me sleep better too...I am on this for life and I can do anything I want all day long, without pain and no side effects...I feel blessed !!”

Ba · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Started meloxicam Jan 07, 2020 felt relief real quick, can't remember minutes to hours, didn't realize hip and knee was feeling better. Don't take daily only taken six pills since Jan no side effects works for me. Still taking med when required”

Haitch · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2020

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I am 43 years old I have arthritis, lower back pain cause of facet joint at L5-S1 and scoliosis ,the pain started around 2 weeks ago but first time I felt this type of pain was 3 years ago all these years I was fine and suddenly 2 weeks ago it came back. Every morning I will wake up and have pain in my lower back and also feel pain as I turn sides in my sleep. My doctor prescribed Mobic 15 mg he told me to take it for 1 month. Yesterday I bought it and took it late before I went to sleep, I also ate something as they told me to take after my meal. I woke up in the morning and I was thinking where is the pain I have every morning? I was moving around thinking this is really weird, all day I haven’t had any pain so far I feel fantastic and I have only taken 1 tablet ,it is crazy but true.”

Crystal · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2021

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “About ten months ago, I began experiencing a lot of pain in my arms and joints, including my knees. Thinking that I had caught a virus (not Covid) I finally went to the Doctor who prescribed Mobic. I am in my 70's and have osteoarthritis in most joints. In fact, I had bi-lateral hip replacements, seven years ago due to OA, also both of my parents and grandmother suffered quite a lot from arthritis. My Mother told me that it 'moved around'. And, just when you think the pain is going, it hits another part of your body. Even my muscles were aching. Now, several months later, after taking just one box of Mobic, I am pretty much pain free. I hope it continues but I'll wait a few weeks to see. If not, I'll go back to the Doctor. I took just one 7.5mg tablet per day.”

Grand ole flag · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Well my experience has been so far so good. I can sit criss cross again. Doing all my exercises from therapy, and this is the real kicker. I'm losing weight like nobody's business. I am fitting clothes I haven't worn since my twenties and I am excited. I figure why not start eating healthier and walking more to help? I was over weight at first but I've lost 50lb and then some. So I'm just going to continue eating healthy and drinking water and seeing how much I can lose. The best medicine 2 for one deal!!!”

no more joint pain in ohio.... August 13, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I'm 35 and began suddenly having severe joint pain & stiffness & fatigue for the last 6 months only worsening with each day, to the point of it affecting my daily life. So this week I finally went to the doctors & was given Mobic 7.5mg script and could not believe it but within a 30 mins of taking my first pill I felt like a different person. No joint pain & no side effects other then the freedom to move without My joints hurting. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from joint pain or stiffness and to think this was all caused from a thyroid disease I was unaware of.”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I've suffered from constant, often extreme lower back pain which I recently found out is due to severe scoliosis, degenerating disks and arthritis. I used to look like Fred Sanford when I first got up in the mornings and the pain was always intense. I've been on this (plus the muscle relaxant I was already taking) for less than a month and it's been life changing for me. The difference is amazing and I now have almost no pain for the first time in 12 years.”

dumparse January 25, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: “Dispite being told to slow down with the physical labor four months ago, when both rotator cuffs started to hurt, I was able to work myself into two frozen shoulders and tendonitis, hence the nickname. Not a big fan of pharmaceuticals, Mobic is changing my mind. Starting taking it yesterday and for the first time in days I was able to sleep without waking up in pain. Can now move shoulders and pain has been greatly reduced.”

Pbobwright · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I hurt my shoulder in a fall two years ago, and have not been able to recover full use of my arm, even with treatment and physical therapy. Pain woke me up at night and my arm would go numb at times. My Dr. gave me Motrin 800mg to take 2x a day, but it only helped about 50%, and I started to get side effects from the Motrin. One month ago, I went to a new Dr. and they gave me Meloxicam to try and within 2 days, I felt so much better, I couldn't believe it. Not only did it help my shoulder pain, it took away my other aches and pains. Now I don't even think about it. I just take my one pill a day and I feel normal and can do whatever I want! Exercise included. Amazing. No negative side effects so far. I LOVE it!”

Marianne from TN · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and fingers foot and ankle. I was also diagnosed with a 5th metatarsal stress fracture. Apparently I had the stress fracture for at least a year but thought it was arthritis. I was prescribed 15 mg of mobic daily by a podiatrist for the stress fracture. Within 1 hour of taking it the pain was almost gone. I had been taking 600-1200 mg of ibuprofen on a bad day of flares, sometimes having to take naproxen instead Mobic allows me restful sleep but it does make me drowsy...I need 10 hours of sleep to recover. However I can take it every other day and it still works on both sharp and dull pain. This in the only NSAID that has worked this well for me and I have taken them all for the past 10 years”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2020

For Pain: “My pain issues are from 7 herniated discs, degenerative back disease, arthritis in my hips, and saying this medication meloxicam gave me my life back is not an exaggeration. I was using an ace bandage to keep bags of ice on my lower back almost all day. Applying bio freeze all day long. Sleep was almost impossible no matter what I did. Within 4 days of starting meloxicam I was able to weed my flowerbeds ( had been hiring a service for 2 years because it was excruciating) I sleep through the night and wake up bit stiff, but not sore.”

Anonymous June 28, 2008

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I have been using Mobic every other day for a week now, and my pain is almost diminished. My fingers don't hurt as bad, and I can make a full fist without hurting. The pain in my upper legs is gone, and I can move once again like I am 30. I am 63! The side effects worry me some, so that is why I do not take it every day.”

S1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was prescribed 15mg meloxicam for what was initially thought to be a herniated disc but later confirmed to be S1 joint dysfunction. I was unable to sit comfortably and in significant pain.... until this was prescribed. Within ONE day I had almost complete relief. I did not experience any side effects. I took every morning with food. Due to long term effects I now only take when really in need. Within one day of stopping my pain did return but more manageable. Nonetheless the quick response to this makes this A+ for me!”

Kymdarl · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I have arthritis in my neck from C4 to C6 plus severe TMJ. I suffered with constant pain in my neck and jaw joints during the past year. My doctor prescribed mobic and within 3 days the pain and swelling in my neck and jaws disappeared. It was almost like a miracle. Tried every over the counter anti inflammatory with no luck. I have had no stomach pain so far just welcomed relief. I can now work my entire shift with no pain.”

manee · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “I am 33 years old and have had debilitating lower back pain for over 5 years. Some days I cannot walk. One week ago my Dr started me on Mobic and I can not believe the immediate relief. I have not had this little pain in years..I'm so excited. I'm very saddened to see the long term down falls. I'm so glad to have it though. Wish I had it years ago.”

penny6631 February 5, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I started taking Mobic for my plantar fasciitis a week ago. I have had the medicine for 6 months for my back, shoulder and neck pain but it did not help me. When my foot started crippling me, I took it with Skelaxin and was amazed at how quickly the pain, all my pain, disappeared. I suffer from fybromyalgia as well. Today, my body was fine but my heel was killing me. I took the mobic and I was relieved of pain within 20 to 30 mins. Mobic allowed me to walk again. Mobic with Skelaxin gave me my life back. I'm 48 do I expect pain and problems but when you hurt from your rooter to your tooter all seems hopeless. This medicine helped me tremendously. I'm more excited that I dont have to take narcotics daily.”