User Reviews for Meloxicam systemic

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.3

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.7 384 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Recommended, but DIDN't work for me with a full knee replacement. Went back to Aleve when needed."

Cali (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Used 7.5mg now for most of 2018, Meh... It helps some but at 51 years old working outside this winter in OK not overly effective. Elbow joint pain intense on the outside... is that tennis elbow?! It has helped some on my shoulder and neck areas, so: Overall a 6-7 on pain relief"

Abcde December 7, 2018

For Tendonitis: "I’ve had tendinitis deep in my groin, since January, 2018. I’ve had 18 sessions of acupuncture, which provided temporary relief. My Doctor prescribed meloxicam, in September. It doesn’t really seem to work. I also had ten weeks of physical therapy, with daily stretching. I live in a two story home and the stairs sure don't help matters. Thinking passing on the drug. One day, My face got extremely red and swollen. I blamed it on the Santa Ana winds in Southern cal. Could be the Drug"

Les December 2, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "First, thank you for all of your shares. I just went on Meloxicam two days ago for fibro and degenerative disc in 5 discs. I've been in extreme pain for the last few months. Had MRI last week. Showed discs, pinch nerves, and the usual ache that goes with fibro. I took my first 15mg dose and within about 2 hours I felt loose so I did a few stretches, mild, and my back snapped so loud my girl friend heard it across the room. Since then, it has loosened up my body and I feel fantastic. I just took my 3rd dose in 3 days and I can not believe the relief. I am reading a lot about ULCERS and I would like some candid advice. Can anyone share what their experience has been with different ways to take the Meloxicam to maximize result and minimize risk?"

Tuck November 29, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "This medication is Great! it relieved my knee pain significantly. I'm now able to get up out of chairs and walk much more easily. It has been a life saver for me. I will use it until I get my knee replacement. My pain level has went from 10 to 2. Minor side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been using Meloxicam 15 mg for one year now after my spinal fusion L-2 thru S-1 major surgery and they take the edge off but my body handles it just fine. Everybody is different some people's bodies unluckily can't cope with it."

Al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I've been prescribed this medication for years for OA, and it really doesn't do a whole lot for me...but it does do some, since I stopped taking for a while and realized it was about 30% effective."

HCP (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I use it along with norco. Meloxicam does work for me. I take my daily norco across the hours of the day and then when there is still a significant gap in pain control, I take the Meloxicam and it does finish and fill the gap. For a few waking hours I feel sorta ok considering how busted up I am. Large back fusion, neck fusion OA with bone spurs in all the weight bearing joints. Trashed knee that bends all directions and now torn ligaments. Broke both wrists 2 years ago and it took over a year and a half for them to heal. They decided I have adult rickets too. Steroid injections help initially but will weaken the ligaments which now are rupturing."

horses (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2018

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed 15mg once a day. It helped to reduce pain a bit so now I can walk but still can't walk for the prolonged time (i.e. 15 mins or so). Unfortunately after 8 days of having it my stomach can't tolerate it anymore..."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am so glad to see these reviews. I thought I was going nuts with some of the side effects of Mobic. I have been taking it for about a month now. I was given this med for inflammation due to severe Planters Fasciitis. It has done nothing for my pain. I have to take it at night because literally makes me feel high for some reason. I get vision issues from it and the weight gain about 10/12 pounds since I started taking it. I have always held my weight good and then suddenly gaining that's what I'm linking it to. I just haven't felt 100% since I have been on this. I don't think this is going to be for me. I know my doctor wanted to use this instead of taking Advil but way to many side effects for my liking. I have had stomach issues and urinary issues as well. I tried it and I don't recommend it especially if you are sensitive to medicine anyway. I had to stop Lyrica to for the same reason to many side effects. I was using that for Fibromyalgia."

JBear October 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I was started on 15 mg tablets 1 per day for foot, ankle, and hip osteoarthritis. I had minimal nausea at first, then felt okay for about a week with great pain relief, but then side effects kicked it. I was very nauseous and had headaches 6 out of 8 days. I was exhausted by evening and slept a lot. I took the pill as directed, with food. I just discontinued it. So disappointed, because it really reduced pain."

Reetz (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My daughter after taking Meloxicam 15mg for 30 days for a nerve in her foot starting experiencing severe abdomen pain. She developed an ovarian cyst on her right side. She had to have emergency surgery due to it flipped her ovary. Her infection was so bad she almost died. They had to remove her ovary and she was only 17yr old! My niece just finished the same dosage for nerve in her shoulder. Since then has been experiencing abdomen pain. Went to dr today and did scan that show an ovarian cyst on her left ovary!! Women should not take this medicine!! This needs to be reported."

MJG (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The drug certainly helped numb my knee pain from my meniscus tear removal surgery. But it came with an additional pain - severe upset stomach. For 6 or 7 hours I have had to make numerous trips to bathroom, maybe 30 in total? Only 3 of those trips I loose stools the other times were not productive at all. Every time I went back to lay down the pain would instantly return and urge to use bathroom. I don't really know if that is a good trade for the pain. Tomorrow I will just try Ibuprofen instead. This is insane."

StomachSore (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have chronic lower spinal pain, pain from foot injuries, from a fractured pelvis 10 years ago, what my docs have said is arthritis, and fibromyalgia. I was prescribed this med and took the first dose last night before bed. Woke a few hours later, could not go back to sleep, dizzy, still in pain, and had the worst early morning leg cramps I have ever experienced- cried out in pain. If my windows had been open anyone who heard me might of thought I was getting attacked. Upon waking I was still in pain, and sooooo tired. Not taking another dose."

JR (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I agree it's a miracle drug. In my case I've had 2 spine surgeries due to stenosis. After 6 years post op for spinal fusion I had an excruciating pain mid buttock. Pain Dr talked with my surgeon and decided mobic was the answer and it was for a year. My biggest complaint was weight gain. 20 lbs in one year of using so I stopped and pain is back and worse then before. I'll try one every other day to see if I can lose weight but I can't function without it."

Lg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Reduced swelling after two does! Very impressive!"

UKann (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Been taking two mobic 7.5 for two plus months for arm and shoulder injury. Does not help with or stop pain."

Randy September 5, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started taking this medicine a week ago and did see a slight positive change with my joint pain. Still had pain in my wrists. Have had stomach pains and what I thought was just MAJOR bloating was actually me gaining 10 pounds in 7 days. It was hard for me to squeeze into my jeans this morning so I knew something was up! Will definitely stop taking this pill! Not worth gaining 10 pounds per week."

Rowan (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking meloxicam for 1 month it is not working for me. I still have pain in my knee"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Tendonitis: "As a distance runner for over 50 years, every now and then, I get injured. The latest knee injury was after several hard long runs, both knees really hurt and couldn't run for four weeks. Went to my Dr. and he prescribed Meloxicam. Within 24 hours, the pain was gone. I will update this site with the next three days and any possible side effects."

Eddie (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I take it first thing in the morning and I am aching by noon again."

Chief (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My Dr. Prescribed for back/shoulder/neck pain. 7.5 mg. It helped tremendously with the pain, but the headaches were horrible and my 5 ft frame that weighed 115, ballooned to 127 lbs. I tossed it after that."

Patty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I’ve been taking 15 mg of Meloxicam since 07/11/2018 for my arthritis. I had been taking Aleve an Ibuprofen and noticed blood in my stools. I asked the doctor if I could be put on something different and this is what she prescribed. I’m doing things today that I had hurt too much to do for about three years now. It may not be the right medication for everyone, but it’s definitely right for me. "

Vicki (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Went to Dr with neck and lower back discomfort, he said something about sciatica nerve etc etc. Said I was fine and was giving me an anti inflammatory. Asked him to check BP which was fine. Later filled prescription at Pharmacy, came home , there was no pamphlet in box for medication at all just the pills. I took one at around 9pm and within an hour my heart was racing , left arm felt weird, I had awful gas, was dizzy and felt totally weird. I started to google and found out what this medication was and all about the side effects.(I’m not allergic to anything and have never had side effects) not that I take much but on the odd occasion of needing meds all has been fine. Had the worst night, barely slept , slept a bit in am, have awful headache in morning. Palpitations and gas subsided somewhat but I realize this must be a slow release pill so effects will last a while. Never ever again will I take this. Worst experience ever."

Diva123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I like the fact it helps with the pain but it knocks me off!!!! I get so sleepy I can barely talk if I take during the day I can’t get my head up can’t drive or do anything I feel high really impaired like when you get prepared for a surgery"

Isabel (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...