User Reviews for Meloxicam

4.3

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.7 407 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

Lelee · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on medication for lupus for 5 years - my regular MD prescribed meloxicam for me also and I can’t believe how much less pain I have been in . It has helped me so much however that being said my 85-year-old mother is on dialysis so I’m hoping it won’t affect my kidneys .But for right now it has really changed my life"

MissyR1971 · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Omg meloxicam is a miracle drug for me! Let me tell you that I’m 48 and my legs and knee were hurting so bad that I could hardly function, I could barely go up the stairs in my home. My back was killing me too, but it was my legs! My god! I thought I was doomed to live this way forever until I die. Until I went to my doctor and told her my legs were hurting so bad I couldn’t deal with it anymore! She prescribed me meloxicam 7.5 mg. I got it filled thinking ok I’ll try but didn’t have any faith that it would work. Let me just tell you within 2 days of taking it in the morning with my coffee the pain is completely gone! My legs do not hurt anymore. Remember to take it with food to protect your stomach and drink lots of water while on this medicine. It will work."

am · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am 71 and still working. Got a prescription for meloxicam given for elbow bursitis, my now my feet feel great. no foot pain. i feel young again"

Court · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took meloxicam for about three wks for back pain and it didn't help. I hate to give things a one star, but advil helps more. Just don't think taking advil a few times a week is good for you"

Cad027 June 12, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Suffered 6 years from a work injury. This is the only thing that helped. Praying I don't get side effects. It feels so good to have pain relief. I know it's from arthritis but I didn't have the pain til I got hurt so not sure about that. But one thing I do know is that it works for my pain. I've been on it about a month"

Fancy Feet · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Severe osteoarthritis of left knee and I'm up on my feet a lot so the pain was unbearable. Was taking vicodin 4 x day, 2 aleve and had absolutely NO relief from pain. Started mobic 7.5 mg on Wed and by Sun I could walk/sleep and NO pain! So any surgery needed can now wait! No side effects as of now...but I plan on decreasing to every other day and definitely take it with a meal"

EC · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Used this for inflammation. Nowhere on bottle mentioned to avoid the sun. I have VERY UNSIGHTLY BURNS ALL ACROSS MY NECK AND INNER ARMS after a day in the sun and after taking the medicine. It looks like I was very badly beaten. Interestingly, I have since met someone who also experienced bad neck burning when on the drug. His neck has scarred (not terrible, but not pretty), but I don't know what the outcome of my burns will be yet. I IMMEDIATELY stopped taking drug."

Chris May 19, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I’ve been suffering from fibromyalgia. It’s all stemmed from a car accident before all this I had a normal athletic life. Now I can not sit long periods at work with out something tingling or becoming painful. I’ve got a tear in my lower L4-5 in spine and upper C4-5 have issues. I was ignored for two years. I put up with pain thinking it was in my head because that’s what everyone told me doctors as well. I saw a Med-Point24 dr he gave me Diclofenac 75 mg that helped however due to my IBS and chronic migraines I could not take this it constipated me. A new doctor I saw last week has prescribed Mobic. I’m still waiting for script to be called in. Doctor also put me on Linzess for IBS. Started the 72 mg one tablet. In less than an hours I could not stop going to the bathroom. FDA HAD WARNED ABOUT THIS DRUG please read about before taking. Needless to say I have back to her office the samples. Thank you."

Mc · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took meloxicam for feet pain. I was finding it hard to walk after inactivity, ie: watching a 2 hour movie, 8 hrs sleep. Dr prescribed and sending me for xrays to see if arthritis or tendon issues. I do have UCTD (undifferentiated connective tissue disease). I took one meloxicam and the neck pain and stiffness I had for months went away within the hour - my feet still hurt. Then that night my SI joint (sacroiliac joint) got out of whack and triggered a spasm in my back and could hardly move. Took a meloxicam and took pain away and could move. I noticed that by the second day taking I have no feet pain. This meloxicam is awesome but scary side effects. I told dr I didn’t even want the Rx. He said just very short term. Now that I know that this is very effective, I will take very cautiously and will only take very, very rarely like if pain would be the cause of calling out of work or I need to get a project done and someone was relying on me"

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been on this for months for my back. It hasn't done a thing to help with inflammation or arthritis. It's completely ineffective for me. My doctor won't give me something else. With all the medications out there you would think they would have something that could be even more effective."

Lisa · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 11, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My rheumatologist said to make sure I take it everyday! I do and I can’t tell that it helps me at all I’m going to stop taking it"

the lady · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a torn rotator cuff I've been dealing with for 5 months and costocondritis. After my doctor prescribed this just recently I immediately felt better. Within 2 days. I do not experience any side effects so it is a win win for me."

Ty April 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Been taking this for awhile! I initially was taking OTC meds for the pain when I was 305lbs. I cut my weight down to 265lbs. Now that I’m taking meloxican, my weight has gone back up to 278lb. Same diet with changes here and there and changes in workout (losing weight steadily) BUT NOWWWWW 13lbs!!! In just a month!!!! I’ll take otc. I doubt it works, for me anyhow, STILL WAS IN PAIN"

Brownie · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Meloxicam has prescribed for me for pain relief yet it does not work. To me it is just wasting money. Why does it not work for me?"

Sudferer · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

For Tendonitis: "After only three days on meloxicam my tendonitis is starting to feel much better, and that’s after a month and a half of suffering from chronic Tendonitis. I had never heard of this drug before my physician’s assistant prescribed it. Wish I had known before."

sylvie · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Doesn't seem to give me much relief for pain from my knee injury/meniscus surgery, but I am gaining a lot of weight and suspect it's the Meloxicam"

Tar March 7, 2019

For Tendonitis: "I have De Quervain's tenosynovitis and I was doing ok but this week super tight shoulder leading to hand pain and a severely decreased ability to grip things. So I took one meloxicam (prescribed for dqt just in case, but hadn't been taking them been) yesterday around 6am. I'm also insulin dependent diabetic. By 10:30am I felt sick and blood sugar was grossly high. It didn't matter how many times I took more insulin, my sugar would not stabilize all day. It was as if this NSAID was a steroid. Didn’t seem to alleviate my suffering either, just gave me more problems. Blood sugar did not begin to level out until midnight. Not at all normal."

brokenheart12 · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm glad I looked at this site. I was prescribed Meloxicam 15 mg for acute sciatica. I have taken only two doses. It seems to have helped a little (but not completely) with the pain in my hip joint, lower back and legs but I'm feeling weird and am beginning to feel pain in my stomach and lower GI. After reading these reviews I am going off of it asap and trying ibuprofen in a fairly high dose. Ibuprofen typically works on pain for me and has side effects that are easier to deal with."

DeanDean · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Degenerative Disk Disease and Fibromyalgia. I took 15 mg. daily for 7 months. Woke up with bad stomach pains and bloating. Now I can't take any anti-inflammatory medicines. This could have caused peritonitis (burst intestines)! Beware!"

Yoga Yogi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Taking Meloxicam (4 weeks now) for severe pain with hip arthritis. I had lost 65 pounds of fat by hiking 15 miles a week on steep trails at age 65-70. Then got osteoarthritis. My hip pain became intolerable and I could not sleep for 2 weeks. After 15 days with 7.5 mg Meloxicam, the pain improved about 80% and sleeping through the night. However, after 4 weeks, my BP rose from about 130/90 to 150/120. I’m reporting this to my doctor."

Grand ole flag · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "Well my experience has been so far so good. I can sit criss cross again. Doing all my exercises from therapy, and this is the real kicker. I'm losing weight like nobody's business. I am fitting clothes I haven't worn since my twenties and I am excited. I figure why not start eating healthier and walking more to help? I was over weight at first but I've lost 50lb and then some. So I'm just going to continue eating healthy and drinking water and seeing how much I can lose. The best medicine 2 for one deal!!!"

Dimplez · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took this medication for my back and I developed severe heartburn, to a point where I was sick. I looked up the side affects and heartburn was one of them, so I stopped taking them and now I feel fine."

Alpar January 1, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Parkinson’s symptoms affected. Balance deteriorating after 2 weeks on 15mg/day. Muscular soreness in lower legs. Some loss of appetite. Ability to walk for more than a few steps very difficult. Medication prescribed to treat inflammation resulting from bi-ingual and umbilical cord hernia repair keyhole surgery on May 22 2018. Currently just commenced 3rd week of 30 day course of meds. The inflammation pain has been less severe but still at a low level with periodical surges of intensity.."

Cali · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Recommended, but DIDN't work for me with a full knee replacement. Went back to Aleve when needed."

Abcde December 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Used 7.5mg now for most of 2018, Meh... It helps some but at 51 years old working outside this winter in OK not overly effective. Elbow joint pain intense on the outside... is that tennis elbow?! It has helped some on my shoulder and neck areas, so: Overall a 6-7 on pain relief"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)