User Reviews for Meloxicam

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.3

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.7 370 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "I agree it's a miracle drug. In my case I've had 2 spine surgeries due to stenosis. After 6 years post op for spinal fusion I had an excruciating pain mid buttock. Pain Dr talked with my surgeon and decided mobic was the answer and it was for a year. My biggest complaint was weight gain. 20 lbs in one year of using so I stopped and pain is back and worse then before. I'll try one every other day to see if I can lose weight but I can't function without it."

Lg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Reduced swelling after two does! Very impressive!"

UKann (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Been taking two mobic 7.5 for two plus months for arm and shoulder injury. Does not help with or stop pain."

Randy September 5, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started taking this medicine a week ago and did see a slight positive change with my joint pain. Still had pain in my wrists. Have had stomach pains and what I thought was just MAJOR bloating was actually me gaining 10 pounds in 7 days. It was hard for me to squeeze into my jeans this morning so I knew something was up! Will definitely stop taking this pill! Not worth gaining 10 pounds per week."

Rowan (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking meloxicam for 1 month it is not working for me. I still have pain in my knee"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Tendonitis: "As a distance runner for over 50 years, every now and then, I get injured. The latest knee injury was after several hard long runs, both knees really hurt and couldn't run for four weeks. Went to my Dr. and he prescribed Meloxicam. Within 24 hours, the pain was gone. I will update this site with the next three days and any possible side effects."

Eddie (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I take it first thing in the morning and I am aching by noon again."

Chief (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My Dr. Prescribed for back/shoulder/neck pain. 7.5 mg. It helped tremendously with the pain, but the headaches were horrible and my 5 ft frame that weighed 115, ballooned to 127 lbs. I tossed it after that."

Patty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I’ve been taking 15 mg of Meloxicam since 07/11/2018 for my arthritis. I had been taking Aleve an Ibuprofen and noticed blood in my stools. I asked the doctor if I could be put on something different and this is what she prescribed. I’m doing things today that I had hurt too much to do for about three years now. It may not be the right medication for everyone, but it’s definitely right for me. "

Vicki (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Went to Dr with neck and lower back discomfort, he said something about sciatica nerve etc etc. Said I was fine and was giving me an anti inflammatory. Asked him to check BP which was fine. Later filled prescription at Pharmacy, came home , there was no pamphlet in box for medication at all just the pills. I took one at around 9pm and within an hour my heart was racing , left arm felt weird, I had awful gas, was dizzy and felt totally weird. I started to google and found out what this medication was and all about the side effects.(I’m not allergic to anything and have never had side effects) not that I take much but on the odd occasion of needing meds all has been fine. Had the worst night, barely slept , slept a bit in am, have awful headache in morning. Palpitations and gas subsided somewhat but I realize this must be a slow release pill so effects will last a while. Never ever again will I take this. Worst experience ever."

Diva123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I like the fact it helps with the pain but it knocks me off!!!! I get so sleepy I can barely talk if I take during the day I can’t get my head up can’t drive or do anything I feel high really impaired like when you get prepared for a surgery"

Isabel (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had many illnesses and have taken many medicines throughout the years. But I took meloxicam and tried it twice both times not close to any other medicines. Both times I had an extreme reaction of jerking, hallucinations, confusion, and a completely altered state of mind. Although it is a rare side effect it does happen and I never knew about it because it was given to me as a solution for knee pain and it is supposed to be no big deal"

Mommytoje (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Thanks to my Doctor I felt great after 1 dose of 7.5mg meloxicam. We'll see how it goes. Makes me want to hit the gym . Feel great. WALMART 4.00"

drew June 24, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I've only ever been prescribed Meloxicam for pain. It has never had any kind of noticeable effect whatsoever. After taking it I just wish I'd taken ibuprofen instead, but I can't. I've tried it multiple times now and I swear they might as well be sugar pills."

CShark (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had knee pain due to two surgeries and also very bad lower back pain. I went to the doctor to see what could be done for the knee pain and have been on Meloxicam for a week. I am taking one pill at 15mg and within two days I have no back pain or knee pain and am running again. Previously I was taking only 7.5mg and it did not seem to work. Since the dosage was increased to 15 mg, I no longer have pain. This drug has done wonders for me in the last few weeks and I can now sleep well without lower back pain and no pain in my knee. So happy that Meloxicam is out there and working!"

Mike T (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "If you need rapid weight gain...this drug is for you! Unfortunately I didn't need the weight!"

Swiegie (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "So far so good. No bleeding, pains are a lower, I can move so much better. Doctor paired this with prednisone and seems to be working. Don't take without food. I take first thing in morning with my other meds especially prednisone which won't let me sleep. I have been feeling better. Still nap in afternoon. So glad it's helping. I'll keep posting as needed. No side effects except a bit of stomach upset when I first started, after first week, that disappeared."

Kimbo (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am 58 years old and am an avid adult athlete. I have been playing ice hockey for many years. I developed a groin strain with pain into the lower abdomen. This pain made walking very difficult at times. I did not have a hernia just a lot of pain. I tried traditional remedies but the pain would not relent. I was taking too much aspirin as it caused a significant reduction in my GFR. (Glomerular filtration rate) ie kidney function. Stopped the aspirin. It was reducing the pain but not significantly. I tried 15 mg of meloxicam. The effects were noticeable within 3 hours. The pain was reduced by 90 % within 2 days. I took the dosage down to avoid kidney and or GI problems. I will resume my activities with caution but the relief provided by this medicine is thus far nothing short of astounding."

Ice hockey guy (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "After two days I noticed a diminished amount of pain in my back which allowed standing and bending to be much less stressful."

Craig T (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed this medication 15 MG today for pain in upper back right side. Thinking that it maybe muscular, I was given this for inflammation. Within a half of taking this med, I was very dizzy and stumbling around. Right now, 5 hrs later, I am still dizzy, nauseous and still in pain. Don't think I will be taking a second dose."

Gina (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Have been on this for a couple years, was working great for pain but not any more. And I've gained 65lbs in last 2 yrs (didn't know meds could cause, thought it was mobility issues) but recently experiencing chest pains, breathing problems, pain is worse ...have to ask doc for something else because this is really scary."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took Meloxicam for awhile for my RA but I feel like it made my menstrual cycles worse , so after 8 months I tried something else. Also, it really hurt my guts, mostly lower abdomen , very sharp gas like pains while on it."

Lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

For Tendonitis: "I went to the emergency room yesterday after having severe shoulder pain for 4 days. Xray confirmed calcific tendonitis. After an intramuscular muscle relaxant shot I was discharged with a sling and a 10-day prescription of Meloxicam 15mg once daily. It's now been 2 hrs after taking my first tablet. I feel woozy, but pain is much less, yay! I was also instructed to take sling off several times a day and do gentle pendulum moves to avoid the shoulder joint stiffening. Think the combination of gentle movements and Meloxicam will help me. And I see from some of your posts though that this med can cause serious issues and my hope for you (and me if develops) is for relief, maybe an alternative therapy. Thank you for posting your experiences. Much love and healing to all of you."

Doe7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I took one pill in the afternoon, and woke up the next morning with my whole face swollen. My doctor told me to take Benedryl, which I did for 24 hours. It's been 4 days, and the swelling is almost gone. I've been feeling funky all week. I don't recommend anyone take this. Ever."

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Been taking for going on 2 months. Started out on 7.5mg and primary care Doctor increased to 15mg. Does not do anything for me. Still have swelling in hands, feet and wrist. Still in pain, Aleve works better than Mobic for me. Can't get in to see a rheumatologist till May. There has to be something out there better than Mobic."

MSB2U (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...