User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 122 reviews 350 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 316 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "My right hip has been incredibly painful for the last couple of years. I've had two major procedures where a cortisone was injected into my hip. This was done in a hospital setting. Recently my hip started to act up again. My doctor, as in the past, recommended a replacement. I asked him if there was anything other option. He then suggested Meloxicam. He wasn't fond of it because of possible side affects.The next morning I took my first tablet (15mg). In less than 2 hours the pain was completely gone. It was a miracle!"

RayM36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Years ago I had terrible low back pain. MD suggested Mobic which worked great for several years. About 4-5 years ago I developed atrial fibrillation. My cardiologist told me to definitely get off the Mobic because a side effect is bleeding, so this would worsen the bleeding because one side effect of Xarelto (a blood thinner) is to thin my blood to avoid strokes. I just read on another site that Mobic can cause AFib. There is no way to know if the Mobic caused the AFib or it developed independently. I suspect the Mobic brought on the AFib, although I have no proof of that. I have been in excellent health. The 1-10 rating scale used above should not be used, because in my case the Mobic was very helpful but probably caused major side effect"

Nulam July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Hi all...I'm 7 months post-op from a total knee replacment @ the age of 53. I was taking Celebrex 2 years prior to my knee surgery.. My Doctor recently asked me to try the Mobic/ Meloxicam.. As the celebrex just seemed to not be effective enough to manage the pain, swelling/ inflammation.. I've been taking the meloxicam for 3 weeks now, and just wow... I've seen a tremendous difference with my knee in every aspect.For the first time in 7 months, I don't have to sleep with a pillow between my knees,to help relive the pain I have been experiencing still with the knee... The only side effect I've noticed is a disruption of my sleeping.. Which I take melatonin and solved that problem...Is it working for me??..Absolutely a miracle drug!!"

Preslee July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I had chest pains and heartburn, feelings of nausea/anxiety...and no help with pain."

elysium (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I have had lower back pain for 22 years (I am 45) Meloxicam was prescribed about 2 years ago. I take 15mg a day, in the morning. No side affects whatsoever but not a very good pain eliminator, I still have breakthrough pain that starts in around noon and lasts the rest of the day, at least 3-4 days a week."

AnnaBanana4u (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed Meloxicam for my hand pain from a hand specialist with a large and reputable Bone and Joint group. If he had read what my current prescriptions were he never would have prescribed this drug to me. Before taking any of it I did my research thoroughly and found out it is indeed a very dangerous drug, especially for people over 65 (me!), with high blood pressure, kidney issues, allergies, indigestion, etc. I would advise everyone to research before taking this drug."

Mamabees June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm taking Meloxicam 15mg. The shape of the pill is round & concave. The concave surface suctions/sticks in my throat & won't go down. Does anyone else have this problem?"

SUZY-Q777 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "48 yr old healthy female, w/ osteoarthritis in 3 places in my back. LOTS of pain, nothing really helping. Decided to give Meloxicam a try, and within a few days a huge difference in the pain, only felt stiff in the mornings. However, week 2 of taking it , and was in bed last night about to fall asleep when I became incredibly dizzy, felt like the bed was spinning and I felt pretty confused as well. I haven't been drunk in years, but that's the only thing I can compare the feeling to- been really drunk and going to bed. It was terrible and lasted probably 15 mins. Each time I closed my eyes, the bed was spinning and I became super nauseous, and when my eyes were open everything was spinning as well. Was really scary! Done w/ Meloxicam"

drshelton2154 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Was limited with activity and living with pain 24/7. Been on Meloxicam for 12 months; as far as I'm concerned it's a miracle drug. I still get a bit stiff when I move more than normal, but it's given me 95% relief...."

Donamari June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Prescribed for arthritic knee. Taking 7.5mg daily and my knee pain has gone . I also have diabetic nephropathy and my feet burn and tingle all the time. It was almost impossible to fall asleep, I stayed up late till I just couldn't stay up any longer. It's like a miracle happened. My foot pain has almost disappeared. My feet feel so much better. The tingling and burning have diminished from a 10 to a 1. Thank you I can't say enough."

diciple9 June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Just had it prescribed for my arms which are still painful from time to time 6 months after breaking both. Woke up with dreadful back pain today and thought it would be a good time to try one. It did nothing for my back pain but took the edge off the pains in my arms. My doctor said I can not take any other pain relief medication with this one, so I have to wait in pain for quite awhile until it is out of my system so I can take something a bit better. Not happy."

Magzy May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I started on this medication while traveling in Latin America, where it is widely prescribed for arthritis and tendonitis. I'm an active 52 yr old female and otherwise in good health. I have moderate to severe joint pain in my hips and knees. I have been on Meloxicam for over a year now with no side effects and very good relief. I take it first thing in the morning to relieve my morning pain and stiffness. I have noticed that some people respond well to Alleve but not at all to Advil. I am of that group and so Meloxicam works well for me, better than Alleve. Many who respond well to Advil but not to Alleve seem to have adverse reactions to Meloxicam. Just mentioning this correlation because it seems to be a good indicator of effectiveness."

Sailing Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Mobic has been great for my arthritis. I've had Mobic prescribed by several different doctors over the past 10 years and 1) haven't had a problem with it, and 2) it's one of the only medications that helps with my arthritis, which I have in just about every joint but my elbows. Ibuprofen works too but I started retaining fluid and swelling up after taking it off and on for several years. Hope nothing similar happens w Mobic as it's a godsend."

Kvddhthc835 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "Have been using this for about 3 months intermittently for fibro. It definitely helps that which is brilliant. The downside is I have just been released from hospital after 5 days of profuse bleeding. Ulcers??? I wasn't aware I had any. I urge caution with this medication"

jennyhogg May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Mobic didn't do anything for my pain from meniscus tears in both knees but it did take my melon size swollen knees down to almost normal. Once I recover from surgery enough to not need to manage swelling, I will be happy to go back to pain killers till."

Sam1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Caused ovarian failure within 30 days in a 14 year old girl. Patient had normal period for 3 years prior."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took this for 5 days for inflammation following knee surgery. Did nothing for pain and I had some stomach issues. The morning after my 5th dose, I woke up and the room was spinning. Vertigo was so bad I could barely walk. Going back to ibuprofen. I'll never take this again."

Pattyhrn May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Made my pain worse"

CarolRobertson85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am a 31 year old female with Rheumatic Valvular disease. I recently had my joints become achy and inflamed to the point where I'd spend most days in pain and was unable to go back to work for the last few months. Was only suggested Krill oil(which I still have not tried yet) and panadol initially. My GP then suggested mobic. I am on the generic version Moxicam and it took about a week to come right but most of my aches in my joints are gone. Still a little rusty now and then but over all really happy with the outcome. I take one 15mg tablet every night after dinner and have been on it for almost a month. Side effects not applicable as my weight fluctuates and I get cramps and headaches regardless of meds."

ShaReesa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "just started taking meloxicam. My concern is weight gain can any one explain"

claress (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I took it for several days expecting pain relief but it didn't do anything. My doctor told me I have osteoarthritis my pain is so bad that I literally cannot do anything, except lying down on my belly. I stop taking Meloxicam because was useless for my pain and it makes my stomach upset.I did better with Tylenol and homeopathic pills."

Pepe87 April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "It took away my pain, but made me drowsy and depressed. Also, it made me retain serious water. I recommend only taking this as a serious last resort!"

ArizonaDude April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Was prescribed Meloxicam for knee pain following two surgeries to repair meniscus tears. It truly was a wonder drug - knee pain practically gone - mobility increased. Took it for approximately 4 months - 1 x 10 mg. tablet with breakfast. AND THEN ... three weeks ago I woke up - couldn't stand up without fainting and had a tarry black stool. Rushed to hospital. Blood transfusions ... endoscopy revealed a bleeding duodenal ulcer. I had no symptoms - no pain at all. Gastroenterologist confirmed how dangerous this drug is - side effect of internal bleeding is very real. I should have done more research before taking. This is a dangerous drug - that unfortunately worked great to relieve knee pain - but almost killed me!"

Dee May March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis, which was manageable with Aleve on bad days. Then I developed Fibromyalgia and the pain became excruciating! Tried Naproxin and it didn't touch the pain. Then my doctor put me on Meloxicam 15mg and the pain dropped in two days! It is not gone, because of the Fibro, but I have gone from off the pain scale back onto it (7-8 on most days, 3-4 on the rare good day). I am only staying on it for 2 months (am also on other meds for my Fibro). Supposedly if you can get your pain down to a 5 or below while on it you won't react when stopping. I'm also trying other things (low impact exercise, alternative therapies, etc) to help myself. I did read up on this before taking it and noted all the interactions to be aware."

ChronicDame (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've done two seven day courses of this medicine in 2016 for neck pain and stiffness, once in winter and once in autumn. Works great for the pain, although the complete symptoms would diminish only after I was into its third or fourth day. It did have some side-effects though: hot flushes, weakness, shaky feeling, minor anxiety, heart palpitations and stomach cramps. Although, I must add a note here though that all this could be more down to myself than the medicine"

Rawal Afzal March 26, 2017