User Reviews for Meloxicam (Page 5)

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 94 reviews 345 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 163 medications

3.5
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 248 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Tendonitis: "Took it for back pain and it helped a ton. When I stopped taking it I realized it was helping aches and pains elsewhere too. Worked great for me."

t-man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: "I am 46 years old and have been battling arthritis for years. Both knees, left foot and right elbow. After I started taking Meloxicam (1 year now), I noticed a difference. In the past year I went back to playing flag football, ping pong and softball. I recently stopped taking Meloxicam just to see what would happen. I noticed that right knee started to swell the day after I played flag football. My time frame was one week off the medication to back on it. I have played over 30 games of flag football and countless games of pong without any pain as well as no elbow pain playing softball on Meloxicam. I strongly suggest that you drink liquids and have a bite of food while taking this medicine. I do and have no side effects. Thanks"

Pain Gone (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "Dispite being told to slow down with the physical labor four months ago, when both rotator cuffs started to hurt, I was able to work myself into two frozen shoulders and tendonitis, hence the nickname. Not a big fan of pharmaceuticals, Mobic is changing my mind. Starting taking it yesterday and for the first time in days I was able to sleep without waking up in pain. Can now move shoulders and pain has been greatly reduced."

dumparse January 25, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Mobic - the miracle pill. I have had chronic pain in my right knee for the last 6 months or so, it was getting worse by the day. I have now been taking Mobic 15mg for two days and I have no pain at all. I have read that there can be some nasty side effects, but at the moment I really don't care. I can walk pain free again."

Captain77 (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2014

199 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Was on Voltaren for months. Maybe my body got used to it and maybe it will also get used to this but this is a miracle. I had 9 places with pain. After I pop this pill (15mg) I feel great within an hour and even more amazing throughout the day and into the night. Probably a good 12 hrs of relief. I got to find a way to eat in the morning and take it. Currently I'm taking it with a big lunch but miserable in the morning after it wears off from the day before and before I take it that day. This makes me feel normal. Especially my fingers."

monkeyheadchb55 December 19, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "A little over a year ago, I started having extreme tightness and stiffness down the backs of my legs. Because I was an active runner, I assumed it was a running injury. Naproxen and muscle relaxants did not help. Saw a sports doctor who thought it was an SacroIliac joint problem. Prescribed physio. Did it for six months. Pain and stiffness spread. Had X-rays and MRI. Showed some osteoarthritis in spine and mild to moderate bulging discs. Doctor thought it could be fibromyalgia. Referred to rheumatologist. Bloodwork showed low normal B12 (136). Was prescribed weekly B12 shots and meloxicam. Started working quickly. By second day, the stiffness was gone. Pain was greatly reduced. Comes back if I don't take it for two days. No side effects."

Patty O November 24, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I started mobic a month ago for right knee pain, it has helped with all the other body aches and pains I was not treated for. I am concerned with possible side effects I have decided that I enjoy feeling young and pain free again. I pray it continues."

Feeling great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Very effective in masking pain from my osteoarthritis. Felt mild stomach discomfort during initial use (first 3 days) but effective almost immediately (within first 30 minutes!) for pain relief. Stomach discomfort is not recurrent. The most effective medication I've ever used for any pain-specific rx."

tellefson45 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I suffer from intermittent pain in the left knee, right hip, and upper right leg. To compound my problems, I work in facility maintenance and therefore spend most of the day on my feet. The best way I can describe my experience with Meloxicam is this: At the end of the day, you know your pain is there, but somehow your brain is masked from the pain. You know you want to limp, but you actually feel no reason to. You expect the affected area to be swollen, feverish, and tight, but you still have flexibility and no major discomfort. For me, applying a cold compress for a few minutes works wonders for the rest of the evening. Also, take the medication at the same time daily."

1995Pepperzonian (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Been on this 15mg in the morning, once a day. It helps my knees from swelling, tried others NSAIDs, but came back to meloxicam 15mg. Some people can get twice a day at 7.5mg."

LB40 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "Benefits did not outweigh side effects experienced. I am a runner with tendonitis in my left foot. My doctor prescribed meloxicam, 15 mg to reduce inflammation and manage pain. I took it for a month and I experienced side effects like dizziness, stomach problems, and inexplicable weight gain (despite the fact that I was swimming, biking, and slowly starting to run again). The small reduction in pain was not worth the side effects, so I am back to about 800 mg of ibuprofen a day."

Runner32 October 2, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I needed a cost friendly medication for rheumatoid arthritis so my doctor started me on Meloxicam. The first week I noticed improvement with the rheumatoid arthritis. However, for the last two months of taking Meloxicam I noticed changes; Increased blood pressure, Sugar levels in the 300s, nausea, fatigue, anxiety, & shaking. It got to were I couldn't walk 10 ft without my BP instantly rise and labored breathing. I was one of the unlucky ones that has negative reactions to a medicine that took away the pain."

Cantfindagoodnickname September 26, 2013

For : "I swear my lower back muscles have been aching tortuously for almost 5 years. I've tried different mattresses, pillow-tops, foam, etc. I've been sleeping on my sofa for the last year. It helps immobilize my movements & sleeping positions. Even so, I still woke up with a flaring set of lower back muscles. I've become so depressed by this pain and the inability to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time that I just want to wander out into the street and cry. I'll sum up: Mobic is magic. I haven't been lower back muscle pain-free in literally years. Within 7 days, my muscle pain was gone."

na5m September 12, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Cymbalta for fibromalgia and it was ineffective and expensive. A friend told me about Meloxicam and now I'm virtually pain free. I only take it 3 days a week the night before I go on a morning run. It started working within 2 days. Recently I didn't renew my prescription and the medicine's effect took about a month to wear off. "

Txadams (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "It helped my ankle pain, 1 x 15mg a day, no stomach trouble, works great."

Rookie Tootle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: "Been on it for 3 days for pain and inflammation due to osteoarthritis. Side effects are bad and I cannot wait for it to be out of my system. Severe headache, dizziness, back pain, bloating, anxiety and insomnia."

Jamhc August 19, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm 35 and began suddenly having severe joint pain & stiffness & fatigue for the last 6 months only worsening with each day, to the point of it affecting my daily life. So this week I finally went to the doctors & was given Mobic 7.5mg script and could not believe it but within a 30 mins of taking my first pill I felt like a different person. No joint pain & no side effects other then the freedom to move without My joints hurting. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from joint pain or stiffness and to think this was all caused from a thyroid disease I was unaware of."

no more joint pain in ohio.... August 13, 2013

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Immediate improvements in my joint arthritis level was noticed within 3 days and I've been able work regular hours."

Dr_Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees. Just started taking Mobic several weeks ago. I have had amazing results! The pain and swelling is all but gone. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had been on Relafen for years for my osteoarthritis, and I just discovered this summer that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was still on the Relafen and had driven a long ways to see one of my doctors, and the RA was so bad in my knees and feet that it was becoming difficult to walk. I called my Orthopedic Surgeon, and they changed my NSAID from Relafen to Mobic, and within an hour of taking the Mobic, I had relief. What a difference it has made for me! It made such a difference with the inflammation in my joints, and made it easier for me to walk. After taking the Mobic for a few days, I had improved greatly. I have had no stomach or intestinal issues from the medication."

Relief Within an Hour! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I developed severe pain, numbness and tingling in my left leg and was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease with a bulging disk in the L-2 region. I was prescribed 15 mg of meloxicam and ten mg of oxycodone for the pain. I take it first thing in the morning after eating two pieces of toast. After an hour I am pain free. The numbness and tingling remain but with much less intensity. The pain relief last pretty much all day. I am looking forward to the day when I can feel comfortable and go on with an active life without the meds. "

Anonymous June 22, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking Mobic for over a year with no side effects other than an elevated blood pressure. I had severe knee and ankle pain which completely went away after taking Mobic. I attempted to stop the medication however pain returned after a few days."

Referee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "I have had knee problems for the last 10 years of my life and I've tried so many types of Physical Therapy and medications throughout those years. Nothing has worked better than the Mobic. I can't take a lot of medicines like ibuprofen because I have severe stomach issues and Mobic is great on my tummy. Thanks for giving me my life back."

sbeezy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been having knee and ankle pain for about 3 months until now. The Army likes to prescribe Moltrin 800's for just about any sport injury. It worked somewhat but I was still experiencing pain in the first 1/4 mile of running until the pain went to just being numb. After 2 miles the numbness would go away and the pain would return but 2 fold. For the rest of the day I was pretty much useless. So last night I went through my medicine cabinet and found some Meloxicam and I remembered how it relieved my lower back pain greatly. Could barely walk at that time last night. Took one 15mg tablet 30 minutes before bed and I woke up like I never had the pain in my knees and ankles ever. I was amazed! I am going to inform my Health provider."

Soldier 1 May 15, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I only have half the cartilage in both knees due to osteoarthritis and had taken 800mg of Advil 3 times a day for 10 years. I've been taking Mobic 15mg. for 2 years which provides very good pain relief with one pill a day. Sometimes I have pain in the evening for which I take 2 Tylenol. Mobic seems to be much easier on my stomach."

prplpssn18 May 14, 2013

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next