User Reviews for Meloxicam (Page 3)

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex Anjeso

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2.8
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.4 471 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

Cinziasees · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 16, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “67 yr old woman. I have widespread inflammation and osteoarthritis. I have taken diclofenac sodium 50mg 2x (up to 3x) for several years. I have regular labs and scans - all good. I also have script through Pain Management for Vicodin. Without diclofenac I can't get out of bed and use much more than 1 or 2 Vicodin tablets a day. (Don't judge - docs say it's a miracle I can move - on second ankle and knee, fibro and 3 back surgeries) Anyway, asked to try Meloxicam instead of diclofinac. Took 1 week, works same as diclofenac but quits by 2 pm and have to suffer (1 a day and can't mix with other NSAID) With diclofenac I can take another 50 mg in afternoon. I'm switching to diclofenac XR (slow release) next week. Ask your doctor about diclofinac or diclofinac xr”

BF1964 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 9, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This drug is a life saver for me, I have Lupus and RA. I see a lot of people on here complaining of gaining weight, I actually lost weight when I began to take it, 30 lbs, my inflammation numbers, CRP and Sed Rate were 3 times what they were supposed to be. I recently did find out the hard way that you do gain weight with this medication if you are taking a blood pressure medication with a diuretic in it (HCTZ and others) it causes swelling. You shouldn't be taking this NSAID with any diuretics so talk to your dr about that. ”

Heather August 30, 2019

“I have been taking meloxicam for about 2 weeks for a severe hamstring tear with unbearable pain and with in less than an hour the pain was practically gone and no side effects. So glad I found this medication .”

Lyricalpursuit · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I tried this (7.5 mg once day) in hopes of reducing the pain in my hip that is limiting my activity, productivity, and quality of life. The first dose left me feeling slightly drunk or high. The following days brought abdominal pain, gas, and more frequent bathroom trips. These symptoms continued in addition to feeling tired, short of breath, and lightheaded. On day 8 started I experienced several episodes of extreme shortness of breath, light headedness, warm/cold chills and tingling, in addition to stomach distress. I realized all of these symptoms couldn't be a coincidence and decided to discontinue before ever realizing any relief. I'm glad it works for many people but for me, the side effects and health risks are worse than the pain.”

Punkincat · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I’ve been taking meloxicam for 4 years. Helped a little with foot pain but I’ve gained 45lbs and could not understand why since I hadn’t changed my eating habits. I’ve been telling doctors about this and they just suggested dieting. One even said just stop eating completely and take supplements like that’s so easy. Not ONCE did they mention weight gain as a side effect of this drug. Not to mention the cardiac and circulatory dangers. Plus internal bleeding that can occur. I’ve learned the hard way to just quit trusting doctors to tell you anything. Be your own health advocate and read everything thing you can find when you’re prescribed any drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I was afraid to take it at first, due to lots of negative comments then I decided to start with half dose for a few days then switched to 15 mg. I am having it with food in order to avoid stomach issue and refused to take Omeprazole along with because I don't like using lots of drugs. So far it helped me with my trochanteric bursitis pain. Now I am on my 3rd week like any medicine it has it's own side effects but if you take care of your food then it's not that bad. Yes I feel a little drowsy as soon as I take it but after a while I'm fine...”

David · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 18, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “The 7.5 mg dose of meloxicam was ineffective, but the 15 mg dose reduces my chronic OA pain by 50%. I only take it 3 or 4 days per week when pain is worst. Only side effect so far has been mild indigestion.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I’m 22 years old and I was in two car accidents this past year. I found out I had dextroscoliosis at 19. And like all of the doctors out there, they don’t think I’m in any sort of pain and that I’m exaggerating because of my age. I’m so fed up; like if I wasn’t in pain why would I go to a physical therapy appointment. I don’t really see a huge effect with Baclofen. Naproxen some. I took Mobic at night and it gave me relief but it faded away by 3pm the next day. However, my doctor only prescribed me 14 pills with no refills. I’ll have to wait a bit. I think I have fibromyalgia, but I don’t think I’ll find out for real any time soon. I’m hypersensitive to touch, I get random pains in my knees, legs, and hands. Ive tried acupuncture but the drive up there stresses me out and only one person knows English.”

RoscoesMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2019

For Tendonitis: “My dr. prescribed this for a month to see if it helped with shoulder pain. Not sure what the pain is. My physical therapist (for another issue) thinks it's frozen shoulder. It did help for a few days, but not in a lasting way. And I've gained weight in the one month period - not sure how much be enough to really notice. Although I filled the prescription again, I'm not planning to take it. Doesn't make enough different to put on any more weight!”

Weasel July 22, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “This medicine did nothing for my pain. It is not worth it. Still had pain 24/7”

Miss kitty · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been taking meloxicam for over a year for severe inflammation. I go to the chiropractor once a month and he keeps telling me that my back is really inflamed! So if I'm taking this medication for inflammation why is my body still inflamed! My ankles are also always swollen so I think I'm going to try not taking it and see what happens.”

Kaykay · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 18, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Meloxicam for more than 9 years for knees, 4 herniated discs and a damaged coccyx. Tried all types of meds but no relief. Only time I stop taking them is when I have a surgical procedure and then I'm a cripple for a week until I start back on.”

bobbyshotgut · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Meloxicam relieved chronic lower back and hip pain within 1 day”

Nikki · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I'm taking 15 Mg of Meloxicam in addition to Enbrel. Feel much better and can actually drive/eat/brush my hair now. Unspecified Spondyloarthritis but rheum is leaning toward seronegative RA.”

Snagsby · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 1, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I was on this drug for years. Gained about 40 lbs but it did help the pain in my hands, However recently I have been bruising so bad it looks like I've been abused. The bruising definitely got worse over time. I had a scratch on my arm recently that ended up in a 6"x1" bruise. I have other worse bruises. I've stopped taking meloxicam now”

Lelee · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I have been on medication for lupus for 5 years - my regular MD prescribed meloxicam for me also and I can’t believe how much less pain I have been in . It has helped me so much however that being said my 85-year-old mother is on dialysis so I’m hoping it won’t affect my kidneys .But for right now it has really changed my life”

MissyR1971 · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Omg meloxicam is a miracle drug for me! Let me tell you that I’m 48 and my legs and knee were hurting so bad that I could hardly function, I could barely go up the stairs in my home. My back was killing me too, but it was my legs! My god! I thought I was doomed to live this way forever until I die. Until I went to my doctor and told her my legs were hurting so bad I couldn’t deal with it anymore! She prescribed me meloxicam 7.5 mg. I got it filled thinking ok I’ll try but didn’t have any faith that it would work. Let me just tell you within 2 days of taking it in the morning with my coffee the pain is completely gone! My legs do not hurt anymore. Remember to take it with food to protect your stomach and drink lots of water while on this medicine. It will work.”

am · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I am 71 and still working. Got a prescription for meloxicam given for elbow bursitis, my now my feet feel great. no foot pain. i feel young again”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Took meloxicam for about three wks for back pain and it didn't help. I hate to give things a one star, but advil helps more. Just don't think taking advil a few times a week is good for you”

Cad027 June 12, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Suffered 6 years from a work injury. This is the only thing that helped. Praying I don't get side effects. It feels so good to have pain relief. I know it's from arthritis but I didn't have the pain til I got hurt so not sure about that. But one thing I do know is that it works for my pain. I've been on it about a month”

Fancy Feet · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: “Severe osteoarthritis of left knee and I'm up on my feet a lot so the pain was unbearable. Was taking vicodin 4 x day, 2 aleve and had absolutely NO relief from pain. Started mobic 7.5 mg on Wed and by Sun I could walk/sleep and NO pain! So any surgery needed can now wait! No side effects as of now...but I plan on decreasing to every other day and definitely take it with a meal”

EC · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Used this for inflammation. Nowhere on bottle mentioned to avoid the sun. I have VERY UNSIGHTLY BURNS ALL ACROSS MY NECK AND INNER ARMS after a day in the sun and after taking the medicine. It looks like I was very badly beaten. Interestingly, I have since met someone who also experienced bad neck burning when on the drug. His neck has scarred (not terrible, but not pretty), but I don't know what the outcome of my burns will be yet. I IMMEDIATELY stopped taking drug.”

Chris May 19, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I’ve been suffering from fibromyalgia. It’s all stemmed from a car accident before all this I had a normal athletic life. Now I can not sit long periods at work with out something tingling or becoming painful. I’ve got a tear in my lower L4-5 in spine and upper C4-5 have issues. I was ignored for two years. I put up with pain thinking it was in my head because that’s what everyone told me doctors as well. I saw a Med-Point24 dr he gave me Diclofenac 75 mg that helped however due to my IBS and chronic migraines I could not take this it constipated me. A new doctor I saw last week has prescribed Mobic. I’m still waiting for script to be called in. Doctor also put me on Linzess for IBS. Started the 72 mg one tablet. In less than an hours I could not stop going to the bathroom. FDA HAD WARNED ABOUT THIS DRUG please read about before taking. Needless to say I have back to her office the samples. Thank you.”

Mc · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Took meloxicam for feet pain. I was finding it hard to walk after inactivity, ie: watching a 2 hour movie, 8 hrs sleep. Dr prescribed and sending me for xrays to see if arthritis or tendon issues. I do have UCTD (undifferentiated connective tissue disease). I took one meloxicam and the neck pain and stiffness I had for months went away within the hour - my feet still hurt. Then that night my SI joint (sacroiliac joint) got out of whack and triggered a spasm in my back and could hardly move. Took a meloxicam and took pain away and could move. I noticed that by the second day taking I have no feet pain. This meloxicam is awesome but scary side effects. I told dr I didn’t even want the Rx. He said just very short term. Now that I know that this is very effective, I will take very cautiously and will only take very, very rarely like if pain would be the cause of calling out of work or I need to get a project done and someone was relying on me”

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been on this for months for my back. It hasn't done a thing to help with inflammation or arthritis. It's completely ineffective for me. My doctor won't give me something else. With all the medications out there you would think they would have something that could be even more effective.”