User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Osteoarthritis

1 review 65 medications
Aseptic NecrosisNot rated - Be the first1 review 90 medications
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 7.6 455 reviews

Reviews for Diclofenac

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "I don't think this works any better than taking one or two Aleve and it cost the insurance company $1500. Not worth it."

Kew (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Period Pain: "Every month I got my severe period pain. It hurt that bad I'm not able to walk and doing any chores. I often skip classes at university for the first 3 days during period. I took several medicines to relieve my pain such naproxen, acetaminophen but the reaction is slow and minor. After I take diclofenac sodium 150mg my pain become lesser and faster.."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Have been taking it for 6 days. Doesn’t seem to help. Still in agony nearly every night. Waking with chills or in a pool of sweat. Vicodin helps for a few hours"

Bongopony (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Cambia works perfectly for me. I get zero side effects from it, so I take it at the first sign of aura or pain because there's no side effect trade off. BUT even when I haven't been able to take it at onset, it still works for me. If taken hours in, it sometimes doesn't remove all pain , but I take another and that one always takes the rest of the pain away. But since I don't get dizzy or drowsy, I keep it with me at all times and take it wherever I am. It's given me my life back. Sometimes my sensitivity to light & sound stays a bit. This isn't a side effect of the med, I think it's just that I still have a migraine in the background, with no pain. Maybe it's just post migraine fog though, as it doesn't present right away. It's hours after. Tip: works best on empty stomach. Wait to take it for 15-30 minutes if stomach is full. Don't drink or eat anything for another 30 minutes while it's absorbing into your stomach lining."

Andie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2018

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Thank you Terri J H...I tried your migraine prevention method of 400 mg Magnesium glycinate every day and it worked like magic. In my case, I have been taking 400 mg Magnesium + 500 mg Acetaminophen and a glass of water with lime/lemon...and my migraine/headache has reduced 98% in one week. "

Hank-A (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Suffering for about 2 years and have tried so many things. This was sooooo much better. I could actually walk with my husband again instead of sitting down to wait for him. I am also back in the gym. As long as you do what it says you will be fine. Take it with food. It really has worked wonders for me..."

Relief_finally (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Pain: "After dental treatment caused a week of a sore head and mild tooth pain I took 100mg and felt much better. Do I continue? "

Lotus September 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I took this drug for 2 years and it worked like a charm, no pain in my knees ..... but WARNING ..... because of taking it I ended up in the hospital because I vomited for 5 weeks at least 30 times a day, the doctor in emergency thought I was dying , the medication had caused an ulcer in my duodenum, this ruptured and the acid from my ulcer dumped over to my gall bladder and ruptured a main artery. I was rushed to surgery where no one thought I would make it thru as I was vomiting blood at that point. I made it thru but only because I am very fit ... DO NOT take this medication , it almost killed me ...."

Kat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2018

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "I was in pain so bad I needed back surgery. Zipsor came on the market and helped me put off surgery till 2016. I worked for pain doctors at that time. Only meds I used."

Was in pain August 29, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have severe ankle and foot pain from nerve damage. These pill do not work. I get severe cramps from my menstrual cycle too [ clearly it's fun 2 be me] and the voltaren did nothing for that as well."

darkangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Period Pain: "I have taken 3 so far since I’ve gotten them yesterday my periods have been very..... BAD since I got my tubes tied In 2008. The first 3 days are horrible - seriously. But since I’ve taken the diclofenac my cramps are no longer bad at all. I feel good but it’s making my period go off I’m trying to see if it’s suppose to do that. Also I keep having diarrhea from the medicine that’s my only problem"

Caramel (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Pain: "Do not use this medicine as it will not work. Been using it twice a day for the past 2 days for leg pain at 75mg and it has 0, count it 0 effect. Doesn't not dull or take away any pain. If your doctor prescribes this medicine for you, please immediately as for a different medicine. I have had 0 side effect with this medicine and have had 0 benefits from it."

Dange (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "I had rotator cuff surgery arthroscopic June 4 2018 and I'm doing therapy but having severe aches like a toothache in my shoulder down my arm with weakness down into my hand...why???. I'm using Diclofenac gel cannot take NSAIDS by mouth, but the gel doesn't help."

Jdee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Pain: "Using this since last week for (diagnosis not 100% sure) a quite bad case of illiopsoas tendonitis, groin joint pain, bursitis trochanterica? Sitting down for a couple hours caused major stings in my groin, hip and the upper joint of the illiopsoas. Symptoms started about 18 months ago when I had been squatting and deadlifting heavy weights for a couple years. Took little rest because it was my passion. I only stopped when the pain got so intense that it scared me. Been doing therapy at a sports therapist for 5 months having little effect. Taking 150mg daily diclofenac since last week allowed me to live relatively pain free for the past 3 days for the first time in months, amazing! I'm being careful and still doing the therapy, praying to the gods that it will actually heal andI will be able to sit/walk/jump again like a healthy 27 y/o guy. Side effects is nausea and dizziness."

rob (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Great drug for easing the pain but not a long term solution. It is so frustrating when doctors have no idea how to treat AS. I have tried Diclofenac and it is brilliant and completely cured me with no noticeable side affects however long term it wears away your stomach wall and is not good for you. I weaned off it with pain killers and regular exercise and have one every time I have a flare up to even me out again. Will discuss enbrel with my doctor as a lot of people have recommended."

ozzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

For Sciatica: "Absolutely life changing. I’m 22 year old with sciatic pain and back pain. Keeps pain very very manageable, and allows me to live a relatively normal life. Don’t know what I’d do without it. I do worry about long term consequences, such as cardiac risks, stomach ulcers but for now cost is highly outweighed by the benefit. Best is 50mg dispersible tablets for rapid relief, or 75mg slow release every 12 hours for day to day relief."

ibman9215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "After trying many other migraine medications, like most, I found this to be the best with the least amount of side effects. It only takes between 20 minutes to 1 hour to start working. For me, the side effects are minimal. I don't get drowsy or feel weird, but certainly shouldn't operate any machinery or do any heavy thinking. Honestly, I feel pretty good, like I could do stuff, but found I have a slight disconnect to the brain. So it is safer to just kick your feet up while on this medication & rest for a few hours. The only down side for me is that to completely get rid of migraine & no reoccurrence, I need to take a second dosage. But to me it is worth it & really helps me rid those awful migraines. My last insurance covered this medication & I only needed to pay $25, but now I may have to pay up to $600. Not sure yet on the cost. Trying to get the script filled now."

HKTinker (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "This drug worked well for me, but when I had follow-up with MD 2 months later, my liver enzymes went through the roof! Beware!"

Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "I have moderate occasional pain in shoulders, mid back. Although the cream is not easy for me to reach mid back myself, I get instantaneous relief in my shoulders. I already take pills, like ibuprofen n they don't work as well. Surprised and relieved!!"

Fontaneous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Zorvolex (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have severe neck pain. I normally take 800 mg of ibuprofen. Today, even that didn't get rid of my pain so I decided to take a Zorvolex when it was time for me to dose again instead of taking the ibuprofen. My pain went from a 10 + down to a 3. I highly recommend this medication but would save to take your first dose at night in case it makes you feel drowsy. I am so thankful but I'm finally out of pain after such a long day of feeling bad."

Georgia Peach (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Pain: "I've been taking Diclofenac for almost 2 years- 75mg twice a day as needed. My doctor put me on it when I told her ibuprofen was making me nauseous. I have fibromyalgia and generalized panic disorder, severe muscle, nerve, and joint pain. I didn't realize how much this medication helped with my pain until I attempted to stop taking it due to side effects (excessive sweating, loose stools, shortness of breath with any exertion, weight gain, confusion). Unsure if these are all caused by Diclofenac or something else since I do have a plethora of issues! I don't want to switch to any other pain med and refuse narcotics. Did not have any side effects for first year to year and a half. This does work for pain...no doubt."

Alic (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Voltaren 75mg for knee inflammation. Stay away! This drug nearly killed me! I am an overall healthy 39 yo Male. Side effects: bloody diarrhea / tarry stool, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, faint, lightheaded, dizzy, racing heart, passed out and fell twice (Gastric bleed)! I believe I was on the verge of a heart attack. I cannot believe this drug is still available! No relief whatsoever."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Have started taking meds at bedtime and wake up with less pain and stiffness in the morning. Have taken this med for about 2 years and took it in the morning about 8 am. It was hard to get the full effect waking up stiff and hurting already. For me bedtime seems to be best so far."

Ks (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2018

For Back Pain: "I have had nasty C5 / C6 stenosis, from the age 55 and I'm 60 now. Likely from years of football. Was prescribed Diclofenac when I asked for non-steroid / non -opiate relief about a year ago. Before that was taking aspirin, advil, tylenol, etc. I was prescribed Diclofenac one 50mg tablet 3 times daily. I take maybe 1 pill every 5 days or so, and it works great for pain and range of movement. No noticeable side effects. I just hope there are no not so noticeable side effects because it works great."

sazzymerlot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Went to see my neurologist, on a 0-10 scale mine was a 10. It was awful, I hurt all over, balance was off, even a busted capillary in my right eye so it was fuzzy. Before I left he gave me the powder Cambia (which I had taken pill many years ago with no help) and this miracle powder was no different - it had no affect on my migraine !!! My other Neuro had me on stadholder nasal spray and it helped. I'd been on it for years. Why change something that helps ??!??!!!!"

Punkin (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...