User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Muscle Pain

Also known as: Voltaren, Cataflam, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor

Diclofenac has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings for the treatment of Muscle Pain. 68% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

chelleinva November 2, 2008

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have a heel spur and was given Voltaren for inflammation to possibly control plantar fascitis. This along with a 10 day use of AFO brace on my foot just may help prevent surgery. I believe Voltaren definitely is doing the job in reducing inflammation and controlling the pain.”

Tatelka · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2015

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Wonderful anti inflammatory. It never failed to depiver, cream and pills, After 3 months of muscle pain, huge inflammation in.all my back, hamstring, quad, the pain and swelling reduces after after 5days,, and left me in 10days...nice ^^”

Helenson4 March 13, 2015

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Used Voltaren on mild tendonitis of the elbow. Not only did it immediately reduce the pain, but it seems to be helping to speed up healing, when I am not using it, the pain seems to be getting progressively less severe”

Lynn T April 11, 2009

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have been in pain for so very long that I thought there was no way anything could help. My latest painful foray was when I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I used Voltaren the first time and it took almost all the pain away. The second time I used it, I was pain free. I was thrilled.”

Aloosi January 29, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have scoliosis which not only gives me intense back pain but also takes away my ability to walk from how excruciating it is. I find that voltaren takes way the pain quickly which is a relief since I am a student and I have to walk from class to class.”

Fullbodypain · Taken for 10 years or more November 19, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have Marfans/EDS/Fibromyalgia mixed connective tissue disorder with intense muscle spasms and pain. Voltaren actually reduces to Rids muscle and all other pain in my miserable body. I can't take narcotics as i vomit and they don't work, but oddly Voltaren does work for me. Also works on those with arthritis (as originally intended) and several people have commented this cream/gel has been the only med, oral or topical, to truly help. I use Brand as generics of anything don't work.”

mona2000 March 17, 2013

“I fell and injured my shoulders and back. I was taking pain killers for two weeks but nothing helped. I went back to my DR. and he prescribed diclofenac. I have being taking it for a week, two times a day. It's helping me a lot, I take it with food so it won't upset my stomach. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.”

Bets · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2021

“My doctor wanted to switch me on to this medication instead of taking ibuprofen 800. I took this medicine for severe body pain and it did absolutely nothing. I would not recommend this medication at all. It seems its warnings are far greater than its actually use.”

Lexface2003 January 17, 2013

“I was prescribed Diclofenac 75 mg, for chest pain. It did nothing for me. I think my chest pain was due to anxiety and indigestion, so I stopped taking it after 1 day. A year later I woke up one morning with a stiff neck. I thought nothing of it and went to a trampoline park where I came down with a thud on my bum. No biggie, I'm pretty resilient at 32. The next day I had excruciating pain in my upper left back, neck and shoulder. My muscle at the collar bone was cramped tight! I waited 2 weeks and there was little relief, no sleep. I found my Diclofenac and it helped in an hour! NO PAIN! I slept for a full night! I see doc tomorrow for an MRI and diagnosis.”

Da Bean Man · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2015

“I had a severe case of tennis elbow recently and this medication along with regular ice bag treatment and Two old goats lotion cured a very nagging condition in two weeks. I had been fighting it for 2 months.”

archjen December 14, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): “Zipsor (diclofenac) for Shoulder Pain: Weeks of over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, a steroid shot, both shoulders X-rayed and MRI, a steroid pack for 5 days. The MD this morning said to get blood work done for auto-immune checks and an OV with the surgeon. He then gave me 4 days of Zipsor 4 per day, and after this morning's tablet, it helped with the pain. Now at 4:30PM, it is time for tablet #2. Good Results - Thanks!”

8Tarzan October 22, 2013

“I have been battling gout for decades, my sawbones prescribed Diclofenac for when I have a flare up. However, I'm also a hardcore weightlifter. Often I'm so sore that I can hardly move. I take one of these and it's like a miracle pill, pain goes away. I don't take them often, but when I do...it works BIG TIME!”

Gayle D. August 29, 2017

“Badly strained shoulder muscle; no relief after 4 days of ice & Aleve. Forked out the $$ to see my doc, & he prescribed diclofenic sodium TBEC 75 mg. Overnight relief! Second day, feels almost healed!!! The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I have to eat a really good size meal to avoid nausea, & of course I need to lose some weight. But otherwise, bless you, Doc!!”

Caribbean man October 12, 2017

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I was misled by a person working in the pharmacy I visited and asked if cataflam is an NSAID as I am allergic to these medications. I was shown that it does not say so on the package. One Cataflam taken caused my eyes to itch and swell within 2 hours. It was only then I had the good sense to check online for myself to see that it was.”

Jdee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2018

“I had rotator cuff surgery arthroscopic June 4 2018 and I'm doing therapy but having severe aches like a toothache in my shoulder down my arm with weakness down into my hand...why???. I'm using Diclofenac gel cannot take NSAIDS by mouth, but the gel doesn't help.”

Fontaneous · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2018

“I have moderate occasional pain in shoulders, mid back. Although the cream is not easy for me to reach mid back myself, I get instantaneous relief in my shoulders. I already take pills, like ibuprofen n they don't work as well. Surprised and relieved!!”

LavaRock October 13, 2009

“Was prescribed Diclofenac Sod 75 mg for hip pain from a pulled muscle. First dosage caused me itches (I have had a slight reaction to Naproxen Sodium also) so was not too worried. I don't really see much reduction of pain and it appears a larger dose would give me hives. Many years ago I had tremendous shoulder pain and was prescribed Baclofen. THAT drug helped me completely. I had no side effects (unsure of the dosage. Perhaps I'll ask if I can retry that drug in place of Diclofenac.”

Anonymous February 1, 2021

“Took 2 diclofenac several hours apart on Thursday and Friday. Friday night noticed I had abdominal bloating and right side pain. Felt sick to my stomach to even drink water. Very bad headache as well. Thought maybe it was my appendix or something intestinal. Headache still persisted on Saturday so I took another one. Literally thought my stomach was going to explode. This is the only new medication I am taking so narrowed it down to this being a side effect from the diclofenac. Will not be taking it again.”

Javrius Fleming · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2018

“It helps a lot with pain, but it kills me more to take it because of the constant diarrhea it gives you is completely terrible. And on top of that when you vomit it's ever worse. Why would a doctor even prescribe these? I don't know but I can't get through the whole prescription.”

Gramma · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2021

“I fell and landed on my rear end and somehow managed to twist some muscles in my side and back. Because I take a blood thinner, I could not take Motrin which would have been my go to. My physician suggested diclofenac sodium 1% gel. Maybe it was because of how deep my muscle injury was, but this gel didn't do squat. It didn't help me at all. For something that you can only use twice a day, I had hoped for better results.”

Max H · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2021

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Terrible product. It does nothing. I have tried it for different muscles and tendon pains and it did nothing at all.”

Granny Marge June 15, 2011

Zipsor (diclofenac): “It did not help me. I still have very bad back pain, and cannot do anything around the house.”

~K~ · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

“1 day after starting Zipsor I noticed my thumb starting to twitch about mid day. By 6pm it was really aggravating. I stopped taking it!”

roristy November 5, 2009

“Diclofenac does help to relieve pain symptoms but it also affects my breathing.”

Anonymous March 31, 2009