User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Period Pain

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Period Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Aahuuu · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2020

“Diclofenac definitely reduces periods pain”

Lovediclo · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2020

“I stumbled upon this drug diclofenac for my period pain and I am so thankful that I did. I take the 100mg diclomol and I've been taking it for almost 12 years now. My dad would use it for arthritis pain and one day when I was 18 I was cramping with my period and decided to try it and VOILA pain was gone. Nothing else worked for me from brustan (this would last like two hours and I'd be in pain again) to ibuprofen and panadol. So since that day I've always used this medicine. It even got me through my copper IUD insertion and the PAINFUL CRAMPS that came with it. I've had my IUD for two years and diclomol still works when I have period pain just like it did before my IUD. I really recommend this drug however if you have acidity issues please don't take it. I also love the fact that it's a slow release tablet and I don't need to take more than one even in a day or two if the pain is really severe. Currently on my period and an hour ago I was in pain but now the relief is so good. Girls try it!!!”

Domz · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Cataflam (diclofenac): “This has helped my period a lot. I’ve realized that taking it leading up to my period it has caused it to come a day later than normal but maaaaaannnnnnn it is so good. I use the dispersable cataflam because I can’t swallow pills for both migraine and period pain and it works like a charm. 10/10 would recommend.”

Shyla · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2020

“Took one teblet of Rapidus 50 because I have periods cramps from 3 hours, I am feeling little better , hope pain will be gone in an hour.”

Lakes May 15, 2020

“I usually tolerate my menstrual pain till it gets too much. The pain varies monthly based on my diet so I just take 100mg of diclofenac and honestly it works in 10 minutes for me. Although there are times it delays action and I'd be forced to drink this oil I think they call it fish oil. It stinks but it works too and then I'll feel just fine for the rest of my period.”

MJ · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2020

“I’ve been using the diclofenac suppository for period pain since 2010 (10 yrs now and I’m a 32 yr old Ghanaian ”

Ampoule75 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2020

“Please don't take this on an empty stomach if you plan to take the tabs. For those who find the tabs as ineffective as I do or even react negatively to taking them orally, try an intramuscular injection. That's the only thing that works better than a CBD soak. if you have legal access to medicinal soaks, you're safer and better off using those on most of your period days and reserving the IM voltaren shot for when you need it most. ”

Hoan Hua · Taken for 10 years or more December 1, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “BEEN USING FOR 12 YRS Tips when using cataflam: - if you want it to kick in faster: take the pill with empty stomach then eat 10 mins later, take it with warm water, take it before the cramps begin otherwise it will take like an hour to start working. - YOU SHOULDN'T: drinking anything with caffeine might affect the drug, don't drink anything that is cold, has ice, avoid spicy food, avoid intense workout. Personal experience: I don't think we should take more than 2 pills within 1 hour. I once took a pill and another about 30 mins later, ended up in the hospital throwing up because the dose was too high :( but the pain was so bad I swear my period was going to be the end of me ... Cataflam’s been saving my ass for 12 yrs now. When I first came to US, I packed 2-year supply of cataflam because nothing else works for me and I’m kinda afraid to try new things now.”

Mikki · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“I don't get period pain every month, but the months I do, I REALLY DO. I started by taking 2 panadol at 1 PM there was no change by 2.30pm. My Doctor sent over diclofenac and I took 2 at 4.30, after an hour the pain was bearable and I went to lie down. I woke up at 7.30pm and the pain was COMPLETELY gone. I was so happy”

Bhc · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

“With my period I had horrible cramps and blood clots that would be the size of my palm. Pain was so bad I had to be wheel chaired out of school and sent to the hospital. They prescribed this medicine to me after being on different things like oxy for my pain - that didn't help. Hated the feeling of it. But diclofenac was my savior. Everything got better after two hours and the pain has completely gone. Love it.”

Tyler A. · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I was prescribed Cataflam by my dentist after a tooth extraction and it worked very well. After the extraction had healed I had some left over , so I decided to use it when my dreaded monthly demon of a period hit. I must say, although not all the pain has gone it helped drastically, from not being able to do anything but whine in pain to actually functioning normally. Try it ladies, it helps. I took two 50mg tablets.”

shespeaks · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2019

“Diclofenac works wonders, zero period pain, reduced bleeding, I can function normally with the injections or suppository as I feel less side effects with these.”

Mgjyd · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “Usually I take 2 tablets of Panadol and it works in 30 minutes, but this time I tried 2 tablets of Cataflam 50 mg and it SUCKS!!! It’s been an hour, the pain is incredibly intense and I have dizziness and nausea because of it. I’m only feeling worse!!”

Tilly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 15, 2018

“I was actually prescribed this for osteoarthritis in my knee but quickly realized that it was doing wonders for what have always been extremely bad periods and menstrual cramps. This drug has definitely been a great relief every month.”

Sara October 20, 2018

“I am speechless. After all these years I found this drug that helps my pain. I could barely move from my bed before in just half hr it worked. God bless who ever made this drug. So happy...”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

“Every month I got my severe period pain. It hurt that bad I'm not able to walk and doing any chores. I often skip classes at university for the first 3 days during period. I took several medicines to relieve my pain such naproxen, acetaminophen but the reaction is slow and minor. After I take diclofenac sodium 150mg my pain become lesser and faster..”

Caramel · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2018

“I have taken 3 so far since I’ve gotten them yesterday my periods have been very..... BAD since I got my tubes tied In 2008. The first 3 days are horrible - seriously. But since I’ve taken the diclofenac my cramps are no longer bad at all. I feel good but it’s making my period go off I’m trying to see if it’s suppose to do that. Also I keep having diarrhea from the medicine that’s my only problem”

Pari June 14, 2018

“I have very, very bad period pain along with vomiting. I take these tablets some times it works but most of the time I have to use an injection of diclofenac I feel very stressed before n during this time Unbearable pain”

Amira506 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2018

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I always have very painful periods every month to the point where I can't stomach to eat, or much less smell food. I can't move out of bed or even speak a proper sentence. But cataflam is truly a life saver. I take two 50mg pills about every 5 to 6 hours and it reduces my pain drastically. My pain is only really bad on the first 2 days so after those 2 days I don't take anymore pills and just bare the little cramps I tend to get. BUT I have noticed that if I take the pills before my cycle arrives, it tends to delay my cycle a bit, other than that I love cataflam”

Els April 7, 2018

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I can’t actually believe this works 1 and half hour in my pain has gone I took two 50g tablets I took one more now although I have hardly have any pain but just incase and I’ll take another in the morning. Really I’m shocked for so long I been crying in excruciating pain thinking I’m having a miscarriage or have something wrong with me Alhamdulilah so happy about this finding.”

Unknown1412 January 8, 2018

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I used it and it worked wonders...... after a few hours of pain. My period cramps are soooo bad..they are horrible they make me vomit and cry and take breaks from uni but it’s the worst pain I ever feel. I have tried all the tablets in the world nothing works so I take a injection to feel better”

doo-shine September 23, 2017

“I have had menstrual pain for years. I have used used drugs like ibrufen, feldin and others but only ended up with another pain (upper abdominal pain) it was so bad that I decided to write my final project on menstrual pain. It was during that time of research that I came across diclofenac as a pain relief. I immediately switched to using it and its being very helpful.I find the brand by hovid very effective. The pink one it's 100mg. I take just tab a day and I can run around. Although it takes about 30mins or more sometimes to start working, but once it starts the rest of my day is smooth .Then I take as soon as I'm up the next day. For a better effect I start to take as soon as I start having pre-menstural pain. It is great. I'm so glad I stumbled across it.”

flolay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2017

“very helpful and good drug. It reduces my heavy period and no pain at all. I can work and not scared of getting soak....”

AnonAgain December 14, 2016

“Recently had this prescribed for debilitating menstrual cramps, so I stopped my ibuprofen regimen and the next day started diclofenac 75mg extended release. I swear it's like not taking anything at all. At first I thought it had taken the edge off the cramps, but at 12 hours almost to the dot it wore off, so I took a second, which isn't doing anything. Will try this again next month when I can start taking it in advance of the pain, but as of right now this has been a completely useless medication.”

Nbm · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2016

“Initial dose was effective. However second dose seems to be not as effective. Experiencing pain as if medication was not taken. Will continue to take until pain or heaviest part of cycle declines. Fearful or combining with other pain medication”