User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Cataflam, Zorvolex, Zipsor

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

T July 27, 2020

“My hand hurts like crazy still having swelling to. No help at all for me.”

Raoul · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Side of foot been hurting for 7-10 days.X-rays negative. Doc said it is tendonitis. ( doesn't know what else it is). He said voltaren should be helpful, reduce the discomfort. I purchased a tube of voltaren for $20. I have now applied it 4 times. Very disappointing. I don't feel anything from it! It is a waste.”

Hag June 4, 2020

Voltaren (diclofenac): “The only thing about the product is the size of the tube it comes in . For my knees they suggest a 4 gram dosage. Well if I use 4 grams per knee 4 times a day that's 32 grams a day! Well it cones in a 50 gram tube. Well common sense tells me I'll only get a not even two day treatment!! Need to look into a larger supply to your customers!! Thanks Hag”

Susy · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2020

“Diclofenac gel one percent had no effect on my painful hand. Zero.”

Georgia · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2020

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I have severe neck and shoulder pain. I normally take 800 mg of ibuprofen but on days that my pain is so bad that even that doesn't even help I'll take this Zorvolex medication. It works extremely well and allows me to continue with my day. I highly recommend.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have toothache and I find voltaren 75mg works better than 100mg, 75mg starts to work within 20 mins for me, however it only last 4to 5 hrs”

Kasey428 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

“Doesn't alleviate pain or discomfort. Physicians prescribe it often, but diclofenac nor naproxen have ever worked for me for any ache or pain. The only non-narcotic drug that works for my knee pain is ibuprofen. Going forward, I won't fill the prescription if a doctor insists. I will take my chances with 800 mg of ibuprofen since my stomach has never given me trouble while taking that amount.”

Santaclawsmb · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 16, 2020

“I have been on 100 mg of diclofenec sodium for some time for pain from Spinal stenosis and knee replacement. Works well! Recently the pharmacy was out of 100mg and gave me 50 mg. I thought no big deal. It did not work at all!! Why? Anybody tell me why it would not work. I kept taking them for 3 weeks but still nothing. I returned to my dr who had no answer for me and gave me another script so I could find 100 mg diclofenec and again it work terrific.”

Ter · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

“Had a MCL ((medial collateral ligament of the knee) tear that I had been nursing for 4 months. Pain was severe at times and while I could generally walk. The knee remained swollen and I stiff. Night time was the worst as I could not find a way to lay without it hurting. Called a Telemed doctor who prescribed Diclofenac 75MG twice a day for two weeks and then 1 time per day as needed. Within the second day the swelling and pain decreased drastically and now after a week there is almost no pain. I have a full range of motion and no stiffness in the joint. Hoping this continues as I had almost given up my chances of golfing again and thought for sure I would require surgery. I've encountered no side effects at this time.”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2019

“I was prescribed the diclofenac cream once before for arthritis and it didn't do a thing,$20 wasted. Had knee replacement in November and didn't realize the prescription the Specialist gave me was for the same thing , another $40 wasted. Doesn't do a thing, useless. Couldn't really afford to throw $60 away..Still in a lot of pain.”

JupiterRules · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2019

“12 days ago I feel down and bruised/fractured 3 ribs on my left side of body, I blame myself for having too much fun with the Gin bottle. Ibuprofen didn't even touch the pain, However, my medical Marijuana alleviated it, but only for like 3 hours and I can not be stoned all day as I have things to do. Went to my Doctor, was prescribed 75mg Diclofenac at twice daily. I've read the horrible reviews on here and know that everyone is different and they are probably on a pleathera of other medications, so take that into account. Also, I am the type of guy that if the side effects are going to happen they will certainly happen to me. Now on Day 10 of diclofenac and Zero side effects from start to current, and my ribs are healing and in less pain to where I can switch back to ibuprofen now. In my experience: Diclofenac is a great medication for pain, but use short-term.”

TheUsual · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

“I had ongoing pain a month after an amputation, so I was prescribed this diclofenac. Nothing OTC was enough to help the pain. This stuff is horrible! First, I had a horrible headache the day after starting it. The next day the muscles in my back were so bad I could barely lean forward to change my baby's diaper. It's ridiculous when you take something for pain and then it causes more pain. There has to be something stronger that isn't a nightmarish joke like this. I'll take the amputation pain. It's sad people are left to deal with horrible pain vs pain that's horrible. Now I need something for depression.”

st81 · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2019

“I’ve had fibromyalgia for over 8 years now and some arthritis, severe neck, shoulder and back pain. After a while being on pain meds and all types of other medications I’ve tried over the years I didn’t get much relief.. So I was prescribed Diclofenac I went from a pain level 9 to a 2 the first time I took it! I can do more than I could before! So glad something finally helps ease the pain”

Suhad · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 15, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “It always works with my migraine pain. I get eye pain (very strong) and having one pill of Cataflam will be enough. Also it usually helps a lot when I have spasm in my back (opposite to chest area) also one pill will be enough or at least makes the pain not so sharp and can go with my day normally. I do not take it with any other medicine also I have only one pill a day.”

Albert · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“I hurt my foot over a year ago, and it was diagnosed as a Bursitis. I was given Naproxen at the time, which seemed to do a decent job, but over the year, like an idiot, I smacked the back of my heel which brings on weeks of pain. This last stint, I took upwards of 1000mg of Naproxen for a week with no relief. The icing didn't help; elevating it didn't help. Finally, my wife forced me to go to the doctor. The doctor prescribed Diclofenac instead. Within a 2 days, I was able to start walking normally again with minimal pain. After reading the comments, that does explain the diarrhea, but I'll take it! Worked great for me!”

Wrist Pain · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

“I know this review is long...but it's worth it! I have a double wrist strain and was prescribed Diclofenac for the pain and swelling for 10 days, 2x per day. The first and second day were a breeze, my wrists felt fine and everything was starting to look up. Day 3 I started getting moderately nauseous in the afternoon, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. Day 5 I wake up, nauseous as EVER. I actually think I am going to die between the stomach gurgles and pain. I couldn't even drive 30 minutes to work without stopping to use the restroom. Let me paint this picture for you, it's 10am...I woke up at 7am. I have had diarrhea 7 times already and pooped 5 times yesterday. If you're looking to drop a few lbs quick, skip the laxative and pick up some of this stuff! I'm not even going to finish the bottle, because nothing is worth this pooping (literally).”

Marsha · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

“I PROMISE this ointment did nothing at all for my pain. NOTHING.”

Quitter · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2019

“Severe diarrhea. Side effects outweigh the benefit I switched to capzasin cream and got relief within hours and no side effects. I've been using this for 2 weeks. And no pain”

Tyler A. August 21, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “Prescribed Cataflam after having 2 tooth extractions done. It really helped with the reoccurring irritation of having teeth removed. Definitely recommend.”

Ellen · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

“I awoke one morning to find that suddenly I was unable to walk due to tendinitis in my hip - the pain was excruciating and radiated down my leg to the knee. I was prescribed diclofenac sodium 75mg 2x per day and within 1 day the pain was manageable, in 2 days I was walking again. I’ve only been on it a few days now. It’s an amazing drug, however, although I haven’t experienced any side effects (yet) what I’ve read has scared me quite a bit. I’m hoping that PT will allow me to get off it ASAP but truly, this drug works - what a lifesaver!”

Lmig · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2019

“I started taking this medication 75 mg, 2 days now. It doesn't take the pain away. I have a pain near my right shoulder, never had before. Not sure if related. Don't like the side effects. I have high blood pressure which I told the doctor and this can cause a heart attack and stroke and increase it too. I am very nervous about taking it. Any one else having this issue.? Would like to hear from you.”

JUNIOR July 24, 2019

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I was prescribed Cataflam after removing two wisdom tooth in the same side (top and bottom). I was to take one tablet every 8 hours, this did not work for me at all. I could not even sleep or think, it was almost as if I did not take any medication at all.”

Ann · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

“I started taking diclofenac after meloxicam wasn’t working. I have had numerous heart tests, but I always have pain in and around the chest and arms. Neck pain and finger pain. It seemed to helped for a day or two, then the cheat pain and arm pain, and pain under sternum are pretty rough. Dizziness too. Has anyone ever experienced this. It’s been quite frightening. Thank you”

scottie · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “After 5-6 days on Voltaren the pain from my tennis elbow dropped from a 8 down to a 1 based on a scale of 1-10.....10 being the greatest pain, so yes it works”

Skateboard 8 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

“I've been popping Aleve like candy until I broke down and went to the doctor. Turns out the reason it was so painful to take a step was because of tendonitis of the Achilles, now after taking diclofenac once I was bouncing around like a teenager again.”