User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1848 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

"This is a magic pills for a tooth extraction pain. I had a lower second molar surgical extraction. After 4 days my pills was finished and 5th day I had terrible pain. Doctor gave me Diclofenac tablets again for 5 days. 30 minutes After taken the pill my pain totally gone. That's why I called magic pills."

Jagath kumaranayaka (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have a lot of leg and feet pain, I hope this work's Thanks"

Everredy (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using 25 to 50 mg Voltaren every few days for severe discogenic (Pain is from one or more intervertebral discs) disease, fingers fairly badly affected by osteoarthritis and hips that are soon to be replaced. With it I can move around without disabling discomfort for about a day before it wears off completely. Otherwise I've been taking low dose OTC (Australia) codeine/paracetamol which also works for short periods and not quite as well. I decided to treat myself to a pain free week with Voltaren 25mg morning and night for a whole week and it has kept me pain free. BUT my anxiety and irritability have gone through the roof. It didn't dawn on me until the end of the week that it was related to Voltaren. Back to alternating with codeine/paracetamol and more baseline pain. Pity."

Janet Jones June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used this for years for my spinal condition and eventually ended up with a hard to diagnose heart condition, I'm pretty sure brought on by diclofenac. I tried my utmost to keep the number of pills I took to an absolute minimum and did not take these pills that often, only in dire need. They were effective up to a point, although sometimes I had quite painful throbbing in the region of my kidneys. This treatment is a lottery and has the potential to kill some patients with it's side effects. It's ingredients are strangely similar to vioxx, which had a wide world ban for it's effects on patients hearts. To my mind, diclofenac seems like a rebranding of vioxx, the offending 'ingredient' being oxidase 2, the same as vioxx. DO NOT TAKE if you have heart problems!"

Heartache2 May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After being born breech, and having both hips dislocated at a time when operations were not thought of. Then giving birth to 7 wonderful children in a short stretch of time. The stress to my hips has taken a crippling tole. I was rarely ever able to get myself out of bed without the feeling of train spikes stabbing into my hips. Voltarane gel enabled me to start my day but the Diciofenac slow release 75mg. Allows me to work my eight hours and come home to enjoy time with my kids instead of going directly to bed in too much pain to live life."

Momof7littleelfs (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the 2nd time in two years my podiatrist as prescribed Diclofenac Sod EC 75MG to me to alleviate inflammation at my achilles tendon to heel of the foot. These pills are amazing!! Taken with food, one in morning & one at evening. Within one day of taking the medication, the pain virtually gone and I can walk without heel pain or limping. While the Dr. gave me a three week supply, he said to take only for as long as necessary. I have had no side effects."

Ted2017 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "This is the best product ever highly recommended for tooth aches. It was the only thing which would completely get rid of the pain from a wisdom tooth infection."

19887Mel (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "This is the only non prescription pain relief that will take away the pain of a toothache or any other body pain within an hour. I have not found them effective for a migraine headache."

Alligator Creek (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I've used voltaren rapid 25 and 50 by far the best joint pain medication I've ever had. I use it to ease my pain when gout attacks come on I take to 2 with milk or before I eat something. My partner also uses it only if her period pain is unbearable seems to help her cope.."

Rawz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Why would they put fragrance in a pharmaceutical cream?? My doctor prescribed this medicine and I'm allergic to scents so I just wasted my money on this. It's not covered by the medical plan and since I opened it, I can't return it. What a waste of money."

jmnf (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband and I both take Diclofenac when needed for joint pain and inflammation. We usually take it for about 3-4 days in a row and it works very well with no side effects. We understand that long-term use would require occasional liver enzyme assays so we use with caution... only when needed and for a limited time. We have come to nickname them "magic pills" because they work so well."

CyndiRD (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have osteoarthritis in both knees and will being getting knee replacement next month. This stuff is wonderful. I wish I had found it years ago. I am referring to the topical cream. I rub it in well twice day and oh, what a difference. You must be consistent with it and the relief will grow on you."

Pranava (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My hands were so painful from arthritis and carpal tunnel that I was missing work, barely able to do any housework (anything that I needed to use my hands for). I'd been getting worse over 6 months and seriously considering going on disability. I was given the prescription for the gel. I put it on as directed and by that night I had relief. I was able to do my job the next day like I haven't for months. This is a miracle for me. Not even strong pain meds worked. I just hope this isn't temporary."

Knilja (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

""Had immense pain, discomfort and stiffness in my hip joint. My GP prescribed me Diclofenac, and it provided instant relief and reduced the inflammation straight away as after just one dose I could move again like almost normal. Two more doses the next day but then had to discontinue due to the unacceptable side-effects: heart palpitations, hot flushes, restlessness, minor anxiety. But I must state here though for you that I can hardly tolerate Ibuprofen or any NSAID pain-killer for that matter, of late that is. Earlier, I´d tolerate medicines like sweets, but after taking Ciprofloxacin 14 months ago, and that has messed up my whole system: I've even developed a number of food intolerances as well. So, it might still work better for you."

Rawal Afzal (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac): "I have been dealing with extreme pain in my hip and groin area. I took one pill but never again. I first experienced drowsiness, which isn't anything to worry about until I started to not feel right in my head. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Then as I was standing in the kitchen making dinner I developed extreme nausea for about 5 minutes. This led to a rush shooting straight to my head and on came a dizzy spell that lasted for about 20 seconds. Followed by a partial black out for a split second, vision came back and I went to sit down moments later I was perfectly ok. Well besides feeling freaked out of course. I would never recommend this medicine to anyone."

Why me? February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, degenerative arthritis. I have been in such horrific pain for so long that quite often I cry from it. I have taken narcotics off and on for other reasons and they did help some. I refuse to take them for control. OTC meds do not help. I have had one hip replacement and am having the other one soon. My Rheumatologist gave me a script this past week for Diclofenac Sod EC 75 mg tab 2x day. It is my miracle! Absolutely NO pain, bones, joints, skin, muscles, anywhere! I can wake up with no pain or stiffness and walk immediately straight up! I feel wonderful! Praise God for this med!"

Debi McClure January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac): "We'll I have been on this medication for 7 months now. At first it worked well for my pain. Your body has to get used to it . This medication works well for my joint pain in back and knees. It will work for headache also. But these past 2 months I've had terrible side effects. I get these stomach pains from hell. I get sick and throw up. The stomach pain is unbearable . Taking the 18mg. 3xs a day sometimes only able to take 1 a day with food for sure and the stomach pain will come. Also has caused upper respiratory infection 2xs now."

Mz bossy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"amazing stuff for joints and muscles alike. after two surgeries, I use it along with pain meds for PT. I use it in place of advil, aspirin or ibuprofin as an anti-inflammatory. it's not just for your joints! use it on muscle pain too, but remember it's real medicine so you need to pay attention to the bead measuring stick that's in the box. less is more, so use it sparingly at first so you can add more if you need it."

amyma (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac): "Only took twice a day for my ankylosing spondylitis . Had little relief if any at all. Vimovo worked much better but after a couple months had horrible GI side effects."

SuzCart November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did work when I was in a little less pain with my tooth but not when I was in full agony! Be warned - I took this on an empty stomach as I couldn't eat & I was subsequently vomiting all night!"

Severe Tooth pain September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac): "suffered from gout and joint pain.Took one 50mg tablet and experience pain relief within a few hours and was able to walk freely"

pedigreeman (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac): "This is an update since my last post. I took Zorvolex for 1 month. Experienced only one side effect - slight increase in blood sugar. But, it's finally under control. I can sit & watch TV. Take a brisk walk around the park. I still err on the cautious side & wear my back brace during any physical activity like grocery shopping, gardening, vacuuming, washing the car, etc. I occasionally have to stop, stretch & rest my back. I'm 63 years old & this is as close to normal as my back is going to get. That my friends, is good enough for me!"

Harleymon April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given diclofenac for an inflamed tendon in my foot. I was told to take it for 3 weeks and see how my symptoms were. After 3 weeks my foot pain was gone. I was told to drop it to 1 pill per day for 3 more weeks. I had been in menopause for over a year. I got a period and one of the side effects is changes in your menstrual cycle. Not happy. After I stopped taking the pills, about a week now, I've had horrible pain in both knees that I didn't have before, and the pain in my foot is back. I have a popping in the back of one knee that someone says sounds like it may be a baker's cyst. I can't even walk normal. I have an appointment this coming week and will try to follow up. Not sure if this caused it, but too much of a coincidence."

otterpop1963 April 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Maker of diclofanec...you are the best!!! I hope your as happy to hear good results from pain suffers, we are just as happy you make this miracle pill. God Bless your scientists and manufacture. God bless."

SageMarie2009 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac): "I'm diabetic with Scoliosis-extensive degenerative deterioration of lower back L2-L5 and arthritis. Without Zorvolex 35mg 3x a day, I would be experiencing sharp, shooting pain every time I moved. Sneezing and coughing was excruciating! I do wear my back brace all the time for additional back support. I've been taking Zorvolex for over a week. It works very well and I haven't experienced any side effects yet"

Harleymon (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016