User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain (Page 5)

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 20, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “This works great.”

mi53 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2014

Zipsor (diclofenac): “This is a fantastic medicine if you suffer from classic migraine with aura. I take it as soon as I feel a migraine coming, and Zipsor stops the migraine in 15 minutes (at the longest 30 mins). It does not leave me in a weird fog like Zomig or Imitrex. Zomig is a wonderful alternative to Triptans.”

Anonymous April 14, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return.”

hottie112377 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects.”

ColleenD76 · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2014

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “Noticed a big difference with the first dose. Most medicines have made no difference. Anxious to pick up my script for continued use until I have my hip replacement.”

di022 · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds.”

richard chongnee February 2, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill.”

tai888 October 29, 2013

Cataflam (diclofenac): “I had pain behind my eyes, a headache, sore throat, and general joint pain. Took 1 tablet before a nap and woke up mostly pain free. No side effects as yet.”

Babybull27 October 8, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I'm a pitcher and have had bursitis on my upper hamstring for months. It finally gave out and caused a lot of pain where I could barely sit down. My doctor gave me Zipsor and it was 90% better in 1 day. My teammates take a lot of things for pain but I got to say Zipsor has been the best to date.”

joelline · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 8, 2013

“I'm a great fan of diclofenac. I have severe lumbar stenosis and osteoarthritis of the hips and knees, and could not function without some relief of the pain. Diclofenac does not relieve all of my pain, but it relieves 60-70 percent of it, or enough to allow me to have a life. For me it appears to be safe and effective. The only side -effect I've experienced is occasional mild constipation. I recommend it highly.”

LTwa August 30, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have had both knees arthroscopic in the last year and half. I ended up reinjurying one knee and when this happened the other knee begins to swell and hurt because it is compensating for the injury knee. I found out I have Pesanserine bursitis, which is very painful especially going up stairs. I was beginning to shuffle from one room to another. I had two Zipsor left from a sample pack I got from the doctor. I try to hang on to them in case my pain got worse. Since my doctors office had not received any samples I ask if they could call in a prescription. I didn't care about the cost. Zipsor has helped the pain and swelling tremendously in my knees. Since I have arthritis in my knees I know this will be my go to as needed pain reliever.”

Jenny Lou · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2013

“I've been having all over muscle and joint pain. I tried everything OTC and nothing helped. Saw a rheumatologist who prescribed diclofenac. The next day my pain was greatly diminished and I was able to use my left arm again! The itching I was experiencing before this medicine has intensified over the past week. Don't know if that's a side effect. I didn't take it at all today and the pain is unbearable. Calling doctor in the morning.”

texaspeeps · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I fell and broke the Radial head of my elbow (have never broken anything before and I am 45 yrs old). The doctor put me on Vicodin and it did nothing for that pain, UNTIL he gave me Zipsor, I was much much better in about an hour! The only side effect was that I was a little sleepy.”

Gribouille · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2013

Cataflam (diclofenac): “A real life-saver for severe pain after multiple dental extractions. So far I have not noticed side effects except perhaps constipation. Takes effect about ten minutes after swallowing.”

Rachel Mascot · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.”

Ramjett54 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 19, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I take Zipsor for ankylosing spondylitis, I find it very effective, I recently had shingles was shocked the effect it had on the pain from the shingles.”

SJS1962 · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2013

“Had major back surgery (spinal fusion L1, L2, L3 vertebrae) in 2007 with little lasting effect on major pain. Pain was on a scale of 9. Have narcotics allergy, and medicines leave my body quicker than they can start working. Been in major pain since 2002 with little to no relief. Started taking diclofenac 75 mg twice a day, and pain threshold is now on scale of 2. This medicine has greatly increased my quality of life and, so far, have had no side effects.”

dlaml February 18, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)”

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective”

Navy Veteran January 31, 2013

“I experienced very high levels of pain in my upper back over the course of six months, with hand tremors and trouble swallowing. Muscle and joint pain followed. Tests for many conditions are negative, including rheumatoid arthritis, but we are still looking. Diclofenac was prescribed, and over the course of two weeks, the pain faded. I felt like a human being. I did not experience negative side effects. On the contrary, I did not suffer any of my standard migraines. Unfortunately, after 8 months, the VA hospital changed vendors and the new brand of Diclofenac was not effective. In the week following the change, I suffered all previous symptoms along with a migraine and upsurge in depression symptoms. Very frustrating. Still trying to sort it out.”

Anonymous April 21, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding.”

styxgroupi April 6, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful.”

luci123 February 10, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I was prescribed Zipsor for severe sciatica pain - it helped ease the pain some. After 2 days I then broke out in shingles - Zipsor helped this pain much more than the narcotic given to me. I haven't noted any side effects yet.”

Justa HipChick January 21, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have dysplasia in both hips at 34. Need a PAO surgery on right hip and hip replacement on left, this has also caused sciatic problems from walking with a limp for so long. I have tried numerous pain medicines and although I did not have any noticeable side effects with the Zipsor, it did no more for me than taking 2 Aleves. Maybe because my pain is bone related with the addition of torn cartilage and nerve problems? Glad that it works so well for some. Anything to get off of narcotic medicines and the crutches pre-op would be nice! So, for me and my dysplasia Zipsor has not been the miracle I was hoping for.”

Anonymous January 9, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction.”