User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain (Page 2)

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Ann · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

“I started taking diclofenac after meloxicam wasn’t working. I have had numerous heart tests, but I always have pain in and around the chest and arms. Neck pain and finger pain. It seemed to helped for a day or two, then the cheat pain and arm pain, and pain under sternum are pretty rough. Dizziness too. Has anyone ever experienced this. It’s been quite frightening. Thank you”

scottie · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “After 5-6 days on Voltaren the pain from my tennis elbow dropped from a 8 down to a 1 based on a scale of 1-10.....10 being the greatest pain, so yes it works”

Skateboard 8 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

“I've been popping Aleve like candy until I broke down and went to the doctor. Turns out the reason it was so painful to take a step was because of tendonitis of the Achilles, now after taking diclofenac once I was bouncing around like a teenager again.”

Nomi · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 6, 2019

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I've been taking Zipsor for hip pain for about 4 years. Yes, it can be rough on the stomach but a daily Prilosec is the remedy for that. Without the Zipsor I have a difficult time functioning normally as the pain can get intense from inflammation. The only trouble I've come across is my doctor reluctant to prescribe long term. I've not found another form of NSAID that works as well and I've tried many! As long as I can get the prescription and insurance will pay I will always use this product. It's a lifesaver!”

jimmy February 14, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “had gout on and off now for 20 years and always used voltaren 75 at the first signs of an attack. I take one tablet and the symptoms are usually gone in about 3 to 4 hours. I have been to doctors on several occasions when ran out of voltaren and asked for volteren on perscription but always told that they are not good to take and always given rubbish that does not work. I normally go on holiday to spain and get pills over the counter at local pharmacy.”

K · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2019

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I have severe osteoarthritis, and recently my shoulder started hurting so bad I couldn't sleep, as well as my thumb. I am on pain meds for fibromyalgia but was taking 4 Advil at night which didn't help the arthritis at all. By the 2nd day of the (Dr. given) samples of Zorvolex, the shoulder and thumb pain was barely noticeable. Sadly, my insurance won't cover it and I can't afford the almost $500 a month. Hoping to get some help from another resource because this med really works.”

ggzelle November 26, 2018

“I have pancreatic cancer and have been on many opioids for the pain that haven’t been helpful. My pain management doctor suggested I try diclofenac and so far (1 month) it is working well. It takes the pain away completely for nearly 12 hours. I don’t how well it would work for other cancer patients but it has been a godsend for me.”

Delilah · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2018

“I tried this drug for 3 days for a dental inflammation. Did absolutely nothing to take the inflammation down. It thinned out my blood so much that a simple cut was oozing blood for days. It hurts the stomach lining and did not work for me.”

Lotus September 7, 2018

“After dental treatment caused a week of a sore head and mild tooth pain I took 100mg and felt much better. Do I continue? ”

darkangel · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have severe ankle and foot pain from nerve damage. These pill do not work. I get severe cramps from my menstrual cycle too [ clearly it's fun 2 be me] and the voltaren did nothing for that as well.”

Dange · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2018

“Do not use this medicine as it will not work. Been using it twice a day for the past 2 days for leg pain at 75mg and it has 0, count it 0 effect. Doesn't not dull or take away any pain. If your doctor prescribes this medicine for you, please immediately as for a different medicine. I have had 0 side effect with this medicine and have had 0 benefits from it.”

rob · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2018

“Using this since last week for (diagnosis not 100% sure) a quite bad case of illiopsoas tendonitis, groin joint pain, bursitis trochanterica? Sitting down for a couple hours caused major stings in my groin, hip and the upper joint of the illiopsoas. Symptoms started about 18 months ago when I had been squatting and deadlifting heavy weights for a couple years. Took little rest because it was my passion. I only stopped when the pain got so intense that it scared me. Been doing therapy at a sports therapist for 5 months having little effect. Taking 150mg daily diclofenac since last week allowed me to live relatively pain free for the past 3 days for the first time in months, amazing! I'm being careful and still doing the therapy, praying to the gods that it will actually heal andI will be able to sit/walk/jump again like a healthy 27 y/o guy. Side effects is nausea and dizziness.”

Georgia Peach · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I have severe neck pain. I normally take 800 mg of ibuprofen. Today, even that didn't get rid of my pain so I decided to take a Zorvolex when it was time for me to dose again instead of taking the ibuprofen. My pain went from a 10 + down to a 3. I highly recommend this medication but would save to take your first dose at night in case it makes you feel drowsy. I am so thankful but I'm finally out of pain after such a long day of feeling bad.”

Alic · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2018

“I've been taking Diclofenac for almost 2 years- 75mg twice a day as needed. My doctor put me on it when I told her ibuprofen was making me nauseous. I have fibromyalgia and generalized panic disorder, severe muscle, nerve, and joint pain. I didn't realize how much this medication helped with my pain until I attempted to stop taking it due to side effects (excessive sweating, loose stools, shortness of breath with any exertion, weight gain, confusion). Unsure if these are all caused by Diclofenac or something else since I do have a plethora of issues! I don't want to switch to any other pain med and refuse narcotics. Did not have any side effects for first year to year and a half. This does work for pain...no doubt.”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Voltaren 75mg for knee inflammation. Stay away! This drug nearly killed me! I am an overall healthy 39 yo Male. Side effects: bloody diarrhea / tarry stool, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, faint, lightheaded, dizzy, racing heart, passed out and fell twice (Gastric bleed)! I believe I was on the verge of a heart attack. I cannot believe this drug is still available! No relief whatsoever.”

David · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 10, 2018

“A few times per year I get severe acute tendinitis in my foot, achilles, ankle or wrist. The only thing that ever cures it and provides relief is Diclofenac. It works super fast without any side effects. I only have to take it during my flare ups and it is a life saver.”

MW · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2018

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “Using Zorvolex for overall joint pain and it’s a lifesaver. It has completely changed my quality of life. Taking three 35mg per day. For those of you having trouble paying for the med.. I have full coverage PPO insurance. The drug needed preauthorized and would still cost me $150 a month. I contacted the manufacturer and since my insurance doesn’t cover more of the cost, I can get this for free every month at Walgreens. I just have to call for a code. Worth trying if you haven’t!”

Tarragon83 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2018

“Use: for chronic pelvic pain, which is suspected endometriosis or PID. Dose: 50 mg up to 3 times/day, but planning to use it only when needed. I am still HIGH at 6 hours later after the pill. Worked for migraine, not so much for the pelvic pain. Made me really drowsy and euphoric. Sorry, I am typing this while still tripping and it all seems really, really funny to me. I am smiling! I feel like I need to share this! Also, it did irritate my stomach, which I can tell by bitter-acidic burps. Aaaaahh, this is the most trippy review you have ever read lolololololllllllllll. Should I give the drug an extra score for the high? ”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2018

“I’m not crazy about the side effects of meds like Lortab. I have a lengthy history of back surgeries and pain. I love diclofenac. It’s the next best pain medicine I’ve ever taken, except actual steroids of course, for back pain. I don’t take pain medicine often, but when I need it, it is outstanding. I typically take it every 12 hours as needed for several days until inflammation pain is under control. Then once a day does the trick for a few more days. And I stop it altogether when pain is substantially better.”

B · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 5, 2018

“I have a neurological doctor known as Charcot-Marie-Tooth. According to my doctors my condition is severe. I have taken diclofenac for over seven years. It is the only drug, that is non-narcotic that relieves my joint pain. To me it is a miracle drug! My doctor put me on it after I told her that I was taking 16 ibuprofen, per day, which really did not help me any longer . I have no issues with this drug. I had to stop taking the drug two weeks before surgery, and now seven weeks after the surgery, I have been allowed to start taking it again. I was to the point where I couldn’t move at all. After just three days taking 50 mg two times per day I am actually able to move my fingers which I hadn’t been able to do in almost 2 months. I am finally starting to feel like myself again.”

RitZZZ January 9, 2018

“After almost a year of taking this I am stopping due to side effects. Weight gain, bloating, fluid retention, confusion, speech, and a few others. I was prescribed this medication for pain associated with asymptomatic lupus, fibro, and neuropathy as well as dynia and arthritic symptoms. It helped with the neuropathy pain to keep me moving but this medication has run its course with me and the multiple side effects I am experiencing outweigh the initial benefit. Worked for the neuropathy and took the edge off of any pain. Its not for me long-term due to the side effects. In conclusion, it has run its course with me.”

Anonymous January 4, 2018

“This medicine is rubbish”

Atlgirl · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2018

“Unexplained cruelty explains why Dr at hospital gave me this script when discharged. I have 3 ribs with 4 breaks, a punctured lung that's partially collapsed due to an accident. While at hospital I received percocet and/morphine which enabled normal breathing and mobility. Now, with only diclofenac and ibuprofen to aid me I'm in agony! My lungs are becoming congested from inability to cough or breath deeply, too much pain. No noted side effects except possibly facial puffiness. The puffiness could be due to so much advil. Diclofenac is NOT for pain stemming from an injury. Prescribing this a terrible insult to a patient suffering crippling, quantifiable pain. It may prove useful for minor injuries like sprains, strains or contusions perhaps”

Brsturkie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 21, 2017

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I just wanted to give advice to "infomom" on her previous post about insurance not covering it or increasing the copay. If you know that the medication is working well for you then I would first ask your doctors office for samples and keep calling so you can stock up on them. Secondly the nurse at your doctors office should be able to submit a prior authorization form to your insurance. If they still deny it then the nurses can fill out and send in an exception/medically necessary form through the appeals department. If none of those work try using GoodRX or see if the company has patient assistance Good luck to you! I will say Zorvolex has worked tremendously the few times I've taken it.”

SpoonieQueen · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2017

“I was prescribed Diclofenac Sodium tablets for emergency medicine regarding my Chronic Paroxsymal Hemicrania. It was ineffective at alleviating any pain. I'd feel a small reduction in pain level for about 30 minutes then it would spike back up. It caused my blood glucose to shoot up and I am non-diabetic. It also caused me a great deal of stomach cramps, burning pain below sternum, belching, heartburn and diarrhea. I had better response on Ibuprofen and that did very little.”