User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain (Page 3)

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

strandedagain September 20, 2017

“I have a few problems posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, pain due to large uterine fibroid, plus general joint and muscle aches (cause as yet undiagnosed). My doctor put me on diclofenac because of concerns that I was taking too much ibuprofen, but the diclofenac did almost nothing. Once it kicks in, I have mild pain relief for up to three hours max. It doesn't help uterine pain at all. I took it twice a day for weeks and it never helped. Also had diarrhea and upset stomach. Ibuprofen was infinitely better than diclofenac.”

Dogranch · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2017

“I have taken this for Bursitis of the elbow. I've been on it for 5 days now (50MG twice a day) and I have noticed very little relief from the pain in the bursa itself. Keeping a pad on the elbow has prevented it from flaring up more, but I don't think the drug has helped me at all.”

Neniegail · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2017

“I had been having major pain in my neck and lower back. Also awful joint pain in my elbows. The pain left so fast I forgot that I had been hurting. Worked great for me only thing negative is that it makes me sweat also I've been gaining weight. And I believe the weight gain is because of the medicine.”

JMIII · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2017

“I had acute bursitis of the knee while training for a 10k. My doctor had me on diclofenac, which really helped me get back to training faster than I had thought possible. I had no noticeable, negative side affects.”

Jagath kumaranayaka · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

“This is a magic pills for a tooth extraction pain. I had a lower second molar surgical extraction. After 4 days my pills was finished and 5th day I had terrible pain. Doctor gave me Diclofenac tablets again for 5 days. 30 minutes After taken the pill my pain totally gone. That's why I called magic pills.”

Everredy · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have a lot of leg and feet pain, I hope this work's Thanks”

Janet Jones June 9, 2017

“I've been using 25 to 50 mg Voltaren every few days for severe discogenic (Pain is from one or more intervertebral discs) disease, fingers fairly badly affected by osteoarthritis and hips that are soon to be replaced. With it I can move around without disabling discomfort for about a day before it wears off completely. Otherwise I've been taking low dose OTC (Australia) codeine/paracetamol which also works for short periods and not quite as well. I decided to treat myself to a pain free week with Voltaren 25mg morning and night for a whole week and it has kept me pain free. BUT my anxiety and irritability have gone through the roof. It didn't dawn on me until the end of the week that it was related to Voltaren. Back to alternating with codeine/paracetamol and more baseline pain. Pity.”

Heartache2 May 24, 2017

“Used this for years for my spinal condition and eventually ended up with a hard to diagnose heart condition, I'm pretty sure brought on by diclofenac. I tried my utmost to keep the number of pills I took to an absolute minimum and did not take these pills that often, only in dire need. They were effective up to a point, although sometimes I had quite painful throbbing in the region of my kidneys. This treatment is a lottery and has the potential to kill some patients with it's side effects. It's ingredients are strangely similar to vioxx, which had a wide world ban for it's effects on patients hearts. To my mind, diclofenac seems like a rebranding of vioxx, the offending 'ingredient' being oxidase 2, the same as vioxx. DO NOT TAKE if you have heart problems!”

Momof7littleelfs · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2017

“After being born breech, and having both hips dislocated at a time when operations were not thought of. Then giving birth to 7 wonderful children in a short stretch of time. The stress to my hips has taken a crippling tole. I was rarely ever able to get myself out of bed without the feeling of train spikes stabbing into my hips. Voltarane gel enabled me to start my day but the Diciofenac slow release 75mg. Allows me to work my eight hours and come home to enjoy time with my kids instead of going directly to bed in too much pain to live life.”

Ted2017 May 18, 2017

“This is the 2nd time in two years my podiatrist as prescribed Diclofenac Sod EC 75MG to me to alleviate inflammation at my achilles tendon to heel of the foot. These pills are amazing!! Taken with food, one in morning & one at evening. Within one day of taking the medication, the pain virtually gone and I can walk without heel pain or limping. While the Dr. gave me a three week supply, he said to take only for as long as necessary. I have had no side effects.”

19887Mel · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “This is the best product ever highly recommended for tooth aches. It was the only thing which would completely get rid of the pain from a wisdom tooth infection.”

Alligator Creek · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “This is the only non prescription pain relief that will take away the pain of a toothache or any other body pain within an hour. I have not found them effective for a migraine headache.”

Rawz · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 5, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I've used voltaren rapid 25 and 50 by far the best joint pain medication I've ever had. I use it to ease my pain when gout attacks come on I take to 2 with milk or before I eat something. My partner also uses it only if her period pain is unbearable seems to help her cope..”

jmnf · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Why would they put fragrance in a pharmaceutical cream?? My doctor prescribed this medicine and I'm allergic to scents so I just wasted my money on this. It's not covered by the medical plan and since I opened it, I can't return it. What a waste of money.”

CyndiRD · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 14, 2017

“My husband and I both take Diclofenac when needed for joint pain and inflammation. We usually take it for about 3-4 days in a row and it works very well with no side effects. We understand that long-term use would require occasional liver enzyme assays so we use with caution... only when needed and for a limited time. We have come to nickname them "magic pills" because they work so well.”

Pranava · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have osteoarthritis in both knees and will being getting knee replacement next month. This stuff is wonderful. I wish I had found it years ago. I am referring to the topical cream. I rub it in well twice day and oh, what a difference. You must be consistent with it and the relief will grow on you.”

Knilja · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2017

“My hands were so painful from arthritis and carpal tunnel that I was missing work, barely able to do any housework (anything that I needed to use my hands for). I'd been getting worse over 6 months and seriously considering going on disability. I was given the prescription for the gel. I put it on as directed and by that night I had relief. I was able to do my job the next day like I haven't for months. This is a miracle for me. Not even strong pain meds worked. I just hope this isn't temporary.”

Rawal Afzal · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2017

“"Had immense pain, discomfort and stiffness in my hip joint. My GP prescribed me Diclofenac, and it provided instant relief and reduced the inflammation straight away as after just one dose I could move again like almost normal. Two more doses the next day but then had to discontinue due to the unacceptable side-effects: heart palpitations, hot flushes, restlessness, minor anxiety. But I must state here though for you that I can hardly tolerate Ibuprofen or any NSAID pain-killer for that matter, of late that is. Earlier, I´d tolerate medicines like sweets, but after taking Ciprofloxacin 14 months ago, and that has messed up my whole system: I've even developed a number of food intolerances as well. So, it might still work better for you.”

Why me? February 3, 2017

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I have been dealing with extreme pain in my hip and groin area. I took one pill but never again. I first experienced drowsiness, which isn't anything to worry about until I started to not feel right in my head. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Then as I was standing in the kitchen making dinner I developed extreme nausea for about 5 minutes. This led to a rush shooting straight to my head and on came a dizzy spell that lasted for about 20 seconds. Followed by a partial black out for a split second, vision came back and I went to sit down moments later I was perfectly ok. Well besides feeling freaked out of course. I would never recommend this medicine to anyone.”

Debi McClure January 29, 2017

“I have been diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, degenerative arthritis. I have been in such horrific pain for so long that quite often I cry from it. I have taken narcotics off and on for other reasons and they did help some. I refuse to take them for control. OTC meds do not help. I have had one hip replacement and am having the other one soon. My Rheumatologist gave me a script this past week for Diclofenac Sod EC 75 mg tab 2x day. It is my miracle! Absolutely NO pain, bones, joints, skin, muscles, anywhere! I can wake up with no pain or stiffness and walk immediately straight up! I feel wonderful! Praise God for this med!”

Mz bossy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 28, 2017

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “We'll I have been on this medication for 7 months now. At first it worked well for my pain. Your body has to get used to it . This medication works well for my joint pain in back and knees. It will work for headache also. But these past 2 months I've had terrible side effects. I get these stomach pains from hell. I get sick and throw up. The stomach pain is unbearable . Taking the 18mg. 3xs a day sometimes only able to take 1 a day with food for sure and the stomach pain will come. Also has caused upper respiratory infection 2xs now.”

amyma · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2016

“amazing stuff for joints and muscles alike. after two surgeries, I use it along with pain meds for PT. I use it in place of advil, aspirin or ibuprofin as an anti-inflammatory. it's not just for your joints! use it on muscle pain too, but remember it's real medicine so you need to pay attention to the bead measuring stick that's in the box. less is more, so use it sparingly at first so you can add more if you need it.”

SuzCart November 10, 2016

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “Only took twice a day for my ankylosing spondylitis . Had little relief if any at all. Vimovo worked much better but after a couple months had horrible GI side effects.”

Severe Tooth pain September 1, 2016

“It did work when I was in a little less pain with my tooth but not when I was in full agony! Be warned - I took this on an empty stomach as I couldn't eat & I was subsequently vomiting all night!”

pedigreeman · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2016

Voltaren (diclofenac): “suffered from gout and joint pain.Took one 50mg tablet and experience pain relief within a few hours and was able to walk freely”