User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain (Page 6)

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Anonymous November 23, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch.”

Anonymous October 9, 2011

“I have AVN and I began taking the medicine before core depression surgery. I almost decided not to have the surgery as the medicine worked so well. I take it now once a day as I recover from the surgery and it works really well. I don't have to take hydrocodone any more. My doctor says I will have to stop taking it soon. I have had a stomach ulcer 15 yrs ago and he is concerned but I take Zantac and I have had no side effects as of yet. It has been three months.”

Anonymous October 2, 2011

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac): “Very sensitive to medication but this one works for me.”

Anonymous June 27, 2011

“This product is effective in diminishing fever in approximately 30 minutes.”

Anonymous June 13, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I use the gel and it may take a little time to work (about 30-45 minutes), but the effect is pretty good. It will take my pain from a 9 down to a 5 (that's pretty good for me).”

death hiccups May 18, 2011

Cataflam (diclofenac): “At first when I started taking this medicine everything was going fine until 2 days into using it I started getting hiccups but nothing to be bothered by and then that night I woke up hiccuping an it went on an off for at least three days. I tried everything I knew about curing hiccups then I searched the web and found the side effects. ”

Anonymous May 14, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have used Celebrex for my knee pain, but I still have some pain in my knee (may be slow effect). Then I change to take Voltaren rapid 25, now the pain have totally disappeared.”

Anonymous October 9, 2010

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have had severe migraines for 15 years and no medication has been able to give me much relief until I tried Zipsor. My doctor gave me a few samples, to take up to 4 a day (which I assumed I'd be doing when a migraine came along). I took one pill and felt relief within 30 minutes and much better after an hour. I am so glad I have this medicine, it's a miracle!”

E. Z. August 15, 2010

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have plantar fascitis and strained a ligament below the ankle. I was in severe pain and could hardly walk. I'm a Police Officer and need mobility. My foot doctor put me on Zipsor three to four times daily. After the second day on Zipsor I really have felt no pain and no side effects. This medicine is a life saver. It also has me feeling better by giving me more energy.”

Anonymous July 31, 2010

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I had a tooth crown that became infected and was causing me tremendous pain. Vicoden and other opiates were of little help. 25mg of Zipsor every 4 hours was my saving grace until I could get the tooth fixed.”

Anonymous July 15, 2010

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have suffered for several years with increasing pain from degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia, and now I am starting with arthritis. My rheumatologist prescribed Zipsor for me at the end of May, and I felt the difference right away. Six weeks later I am comfortable, and many days pain-free, and I have more energy than I have had since my teens! (I am sixty-one now.) Zipsor has given me back my life.”

Anonymous May 15, 2010

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I started on this medication to relieve inflammation for tennis elbow. It has done a decent job on that, but it has done an amazing job in reducing pain from plantar fascitis! I've only been on it for about 3 weeks. I've noticed no side effects.”

Anonymous January 25, 2010

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I am highly alllergic to internal intake of NSAIDS. The gel has been tried as an alternative. I have had bilateral knee replacements and suffer from RSD. I thought the gel was helping the knees. However, when I was off of my narcotic protocol for a period of two weeks, I discovered that Voltaren did not work. I was sad that it did not work because I am seeking a good alternative to narcotics.”

mary k cowart January 22, 2010

Voltaren (diclofenac): “This drug is wonderful. You don't realize how much it helps until you leave it off for a day. I would highly rate this above anything I have taken.”

BruceDBriley December 5, 2009

“This drug is an excellent anti-inflammatory. For me however, it did nothing for pain. I had recent shoulder surgery for the third time in my life, and this was prescribed for inflammation and pain. As it did decrease the inflammation, the side effects were not worth it. I developed stomach cramps, and severe diarrhea.”

YoungGuy November 25, 2009

“I was in a large amount of pain because of a bruised rib cage, it hurt to move, breathe, walk... well do almost anything. I don't like narcotic drugs because they just mute pain, and pain is your body's natural feedback loop, saying "Hey, don't move that way... I'm still broken" I am on a 75mg dose, and within hours I could breathe and move much better- magical stuff. Pain is still there, but more like a sore muscle at this point... not like the sharp barbed wire in my chest feeling it had been. I have been eating with every dose, the doctor told me that this can be pretty harsh on your stomach if you are not careful. Hopefully I can decease my dose in a week. This is like a sledgehammer to inflamed tissue. No ill effects.”

Chiff November 3, 2009

“I was diagnosed with pleurisy yesterday - intense pain on inhalation/yawning/coughing etc - in fact anything that involved inflating the lungs felt like I was being stabbed in the side. Was prescribed Dicloflex (Diclofenac sodium in UK) in 3 x 50mg tablets a day. Didn't seem to make a lot of difference the first day, so I continued using Paracetamol codeine for pain relief. Today I've been a lot more comfortable - it seems like it took three doses to get started. I was even able to yawn earlier and I spent a little time sleeping lying down this morning - both of which would've been impossible yesterday.”

Bill Mack October 26, 2009

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have been treated for plantar fasciitis (heel spurs) in my foot for 8 weeks - having several painful shots with little relief. I have only taken 3 doses of the Voltaren and I am feeling 90% pain free! I hope this will only improve with a little more treatment. I have had no noticeable side effects as of yet.”

K. Thomas October 12, 2009

Zipsor (diclofenac): “I have been using this drug for a week and it has not worked for me. I have hip and foot pain.”

Anonymous October 6, 2009

“Gained a greater range of motion after rotator cuff surgery.”

Anonymous September 30, 2009

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Due to a recent accident my orthopedic doctor prescribed this for my knee swelling/bursitis condition. I'm a 51yr-old female and after 2-3 weeks of taking this medicine I was experiencing hot flashes frequently about 5X a day especially at night that wakes me up, which never occurred before. I thought I was pretty young to be experiencing this, but this website was the second place where I researched this medicine where it states "works by reducing hormones" that explains my hot flashes recently. I still need to take a few more pills and swelling has subsided in my knee but do not intend to take this long-term.”

000 July 25, 2009

“Diclofenac prescribed by GP for pain relief in stomach, prior to investigation. Definitely reduces pain and makes it bearable.”

John Arent July 22, 2009

Zipsor (diclofenac): “This product didn't work for me. The risks did not outweigh the side effects. I used it after my colonoscopy and had to use other pain medicines as well.”

my dog mila June 19, 2009

“Diclofenac takes the edge of my hip pain.”

Berquiz May 3, 2009

Cataflam (diclofenac): “It really helped. Works really fast.”