User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Also known as: Voltaren, Cataflam, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Lofena

Diclofenac has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Wolf · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2021

“Works better than hydrocodone + Acetaminofen for Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Pain. I take one 100mg Diclofenac SR and after 30 Minutes the pain goes slowly away and I can move my neck (cracks and pops). Also it relieves pain almost the whole day, best pain reliever I have found for AS.”

Kbkk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have been taking Voltaren for Ankylosing Spondylitis for six months and it really keeps me fully functional. If I come off it for a couple of days my joints start to really ache. I had torturous night pain for a while as I got a spontaneous fracture in my pelvis due to swelling in my bones and Voltaren was the only thing that worked. I've had no noticeable side effects.”

St Cheri · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have ankylosing spondylitis in my heels, fingers, shoulders, neck, shoulder blades, hips, front ribs and spine. It started in my lower spine 42 years ago. After recently having had a bacterial lung infection for a 5 weeks, and walking about 3 kms when I was well again, the pain all over was excruciating. I had a Voltaren injection 5 days ago and have been pain-free since then. No side effects at all.”

Mel 158 · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): “The first couple days this did nothing for me but by the third day I really noticed less pain and stiffness. However, I had to stop taking it when I started having severe stomach aches, headaches, and blood pressure spiking up within an hour of taking it.”

Capt. Ken · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 15, 2015

“Absolutely changed my life. I got progressively worse until I would become so stiff after sitting for fifteen minutes, I would need help in standing. While nobody who sees me walking would mistake me for an Olympic athlete, I can move about freely and almost without pain. The best thing it gave me was uninterrupted sleep. Until I started taking this med, I could not sleep for more than a few hours without getting up with tears in my eyes from the pain, and walking around while chewing aspirin.”

ozzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2018

“Great drug for easing the pain but not a long term solution. It is so frustrating when doctors have no idea how to treat AS. I have tried Diclofenac and it is brilliant and completely cured me with no noticeable side affects however long term it wears away your stomach wall and is not good for you. I weaned off it with pain killers and regular exercise and have one every time I have a flare up to even me out again. Will discuss enbrel with my doctor as a lot of people have recommended.”

Louisg19 September 16, 2015

“I use Voltaren since I was 30 years old due to ankylosis spondylitis pain . I am now 56. I use to take 100 mg SR per day. For the last 3 years I have reduced to 1x50D mg per day and really feel very comfortable. I found it very effective and I didn't noticed any side effects yet. I think that Voltaren helped me to keep my ankylosis under contol. Doctor told me to avoid using it for so long but the pain was coming back the next day. I don't know what problems I may face in future but my life quality is good and I am happy.”

Susy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

“I started taking 50mg diclofenac twice a day for neck pain (arthritis). It has helped my pain immensely but I have experienced periodic times of feeling a bit "off", more tired and some periodic heart fluttering. I wonder since it is a time release pain reliever that when it kicks in that is when I feel off or the heart flutter. I have not had any stomach pain and it definitely helps my neck pain. My doctor wants me to try Relafen/Nabumetone to compare them.”

Tie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2016

“My trial with Diflucanec has been approx eight weeks now and it has eased my lower back pain. However, my liver enzymes have spiked, my urine output is in large volumes, and my upper back has a irritable rash cascading on it. I failed the trial due to my body trying to tell me something about this and medication.”

efan78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2014

“Before being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis I was treated for general chronic back pain. I was started on Ibuprofen, but had to up the dosage. My GP changed me to Diclofenac (50mg 2x daily) but I didn't find it effective. I went back to 100mg 4x daily Ibuprofen which was much more effective for me. I had no side effects while taking it.”

Hurting October 11, 2021

“I have been on diclofenac for 10 years plus. I woke in the night 1st time I took with no neck pain. I am currently off for a week prior to surgery on knee. Rheumy gave me prednisone but doesn’t help. This drug makes my life normal, w/o I am a cripple. I also take sulfasalazine but don’t notice that it helps.”

robcos September 30, 2008

Voltaren (diclofenac): “It's the best for pain and I had no problems at all for stomach or anything else.”

mahkha September 1, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “It really eases the pain.”

Johnny Saxman · Taken for 10 years or more January 2, 2016

Cataflam (diclofenac): “Miracle drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Offered no pain relief at all.”

Anonymous November 2, 2012

“Gave me pain relief but also terrible diarrhea.”

Learn more about Ankylosing Spondylitis