User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 229 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Back Pain

"I was prescribed diclofenac sodium 75 mg along with gabapentin for severe neck and shoulder pain, and numbness each night in both arms and hands. It takes the edge off. It does not stop the symptoms. It does not alleviate pain for me after 3 months of use. 4 Advil do a better job."

Renegade8 March 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Its Amazing"

V. Kaushal March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I do not like the diclofenac. It makes me feel very sick. I do not recommend anyone take this pill."

Jordan McKnight (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If you're looking for the high pain killers give you, this will not help you. If you're legitimately in serious pain, this stuff definitely takes the edge off! Alot of younger people are bashing this stuff, because their doctor didn't put them on vicadin/percocet. I have been suffering a from a sharp, stabbing pain in my chest that shoots down my back (costochondritis) & finally decided to go in after 3 sleepless nights. I took one as soon as I got them, & let me tell you..it seriously helps! The pain hasn't fully subsided, but now it's more of a tightness than a unbearable pain. I'm so looking foward to get some sleep tonight! & just a little fyi, I was also told that the only safe anti-inflammatory I can take along with this, was Tylenol!"

Cody-22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried many different meds for back pain and nothing really helped, had 12 epidural injections then burned my nerves. Nothing helped because my doctors didn't know what was wrong. I then went to a chiropractor and within a few weeks it started to help. He found what was wrong just by my x-ray, my hip was about an inch off hitting a nerve. Now I can work again, not 100% but 4 year's suffering to being able to walk somewhat normal is great. Still need meds for pain but way less. If nothing else helps try a chiropractor. Don't wait 4 year's to go. If it don't help in a month stop going its not going to."

Jeff wick November 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My back pain was caused by continuously lifting heavy furniture the wrong way. There was no immediate pain from doing it. But I noticed weeks later, severe back pain that affected my ability to stand for a long period of time without feeling light headed from the pain. No over the counter pain killers helped. When my doctor prescribed me this, it immediately went away. The only side effect I've experienced is feeling fatigued. Like most medications, though, my tolerance for it has built up quickly. And when I don't take it, the pain catches up on me quickly. It's difficult for me to get out of bed if I go more than a day without it. So I'd recommend doing exercises/stretches and don't just depend on it forever."

rcoutant (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I've had lower back pain for more than 2 months now, went to see a doctor who explain I have a disk bulge but the pain I have is caused by a muscle spasm that is pushing against a nerve. Gave me some exercises and pain relief meds Nothing really worked then I took cataflam which lets the pain go away for 2-3 days (from one pill) I really don't know how it works but its the best medicine for backpain I have taken so far. I just hope it doesnt have side effects on the long run"

ShakB October 31, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Voltaren (diclofenac): "It's and exceptional ,very good gel. Having back pain for several months, tried all types of medicine, could not relief.as I tried this voltadol forte all the pain dissappear, thanks"

Bigmus October 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have 2 herniated discs, I've had steroid injections twice, which work for a while. I've been on Diclofenic for 2 months, the first month was great it reduced my pain dramatically and was able to function / work properly. I ran out of the meds for 3 days and used shop meds (not great), I've been back on Diclofenic for 5 days and it's not working at all, been back to docs who's prescribed Gabapentin, the combination is t working and I'm almost in intolerable pain again."

Yorkshire1972 September 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this medicine for almost 3 weeks and still have a lot of back pain. I am disabled from pain however and also have neuropathy in both feet from my back conditions. I also suffer from fibromyalgia.50 mg x3 per day is my dosage along with gabapentin 300mg x3 daily."

rahab July 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have bulging and degenerative discs from my cervical all the way down to my lumbar. I would have it rubbed on my back on days when I couldn't get out of bed or stand up. The cream along with my meds would put me to sleep and then allow me to get up pain free. It's really great after a long day."

GummieBear09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have used off and on for three years for severe back pain/spasms as well as tendinitis of the elbow. Diclofenac (75mg) is moderately effective at best, at least for me. It's about the same as a single Ibuprofen (Advil) which is to say not useful for serious pain. Everyone's different I guess. Unfortunately my doctor refuses to prescribe anything else."

Martinson99 April 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was in a car accident 3 years ago and it seems that every summer from July and September, when humidity is at its worst, I get really bad lower back pain. My doctor put me on this 2 years ago, 50mg once a day, and I honestly don't think I would survive the summer without it. One of my major problems I was getting out of bed in the morning, I couldn't even roll over the pain was so bad. So basically what I do is set my alarm 1/2 hour earlier so I can take it and let it work a little bit before I have to be up and out. I went from having to take so many days off of work to feeling so much relief. Since Physical Therapy didn't work for me, I will probably continue to take this as long as I have pain."

Islanders chick April 16, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My neurologist gave me this medication and it is a miracle pill. I take it with omeprazol and Zantac ranitidine, no problems. My diabetic neuropathy and back pain from nerve inpingement is gone, I also had epidural back injections and I'm back to doing things. These two doctor's did a miracle for me.please don't be afraid to try this drug. Also, epidural nerve blocks. Greatest thing. Good luck!! Wish everyone wellness and pain relief. God Bless!!!"

SageMarie2009 March 14, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diclofenac has been quite effective reducing pain and spasm for lower back facet joint inflammation. One 50 mg tablet a day seems to work. No side effects noted after two months of use. Also quite good at reducing osteo arthritis inflammation and pain"

Angus Baines (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I've had herniated discs for 5 years and the back and nerve pain can be really intense and debilitating. Started using Zipsor about 18 months ago and it makes it possible for me to live. I'm so grateful for this product, and I hope I never have to stop taking it for any reason!"

ColleenE December 9, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I had a surgery in my spine 10 years ago (herniated disc L5) and around 2 months ago my back start bothering again, after 2 days taking it my pain was gone , walking again and sleeping well, I highly recommend this marvelous medication."

Naocuca October 22, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have been taking this for many years. I do not have to take it everyday. When I experience back pain I take it. The only side effect I have had is constipation."

Zek April 7, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I started taking this medication and within a few hours my back pain was considerably better and I have been suffering with back pain for 14 years and this is the best I have felt in a long time."

Facetmike (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took 1 tablet & went in to anaphylaxis within minutes. Had to call for an ambulance in between passing out. Late at night at home alone. Very scary experience. One and only time in my life I've ever had an allergic reaction to anything. Age 55 years. Adrenaline given at hospital emergency Department."

iamalovelygrandma January 23, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I've had chronic lower back pain for over two years (herniated disk). I can't say for sure what has relieved my pain, but ever since taking diclofenac my pain almost immediately has gone from being almost completely debilitated, to being able to function physically at the level I was at when pain started. Still have pain and not 100%, but my quality of life is back and I feel much more fluid and agile. For almost six months I could hardly get out of bed, let alone tie my shoes."

Seattle del July 16, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cataflam (diclofenac): "It seems to do a better job than other anti-inflammatories."

Anqlsednlwjeldjlwdlwkeldjl March 30, 2014

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Used 75mg Voltaren twice a day as a maintenance for pain. The problem with pain sleeping was created by deterioration of fitness because of side effects from chemotherapy treatment for invasive breast cancer."

Bluegirlnz (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2014

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have degenerative disc disease and foraminal stenosis and am in chronic pain. I've tried all sorts of pain relievers from the weakest all the way up to fentanyl. The other day I was in incredible pain and someone gave me a 75mg diclofenac. I researched it and reviews were very positive, so I tried it. Amazingly, it worked great and very fast. "

Anonymously yours (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zipsor (diclofenac): "I have sciatica in leg, was in very bad pain for over a week finally doctor gave me Zipsor and Steroid and after 2 days I am feeling so much better! Hardly any pain in my leg. I thought I was never getting better! Thanks Zipsor!"

Doodle1966 December 20, 2013