User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Zorvolex, Zipsor, Cataflam

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Finngirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2020

Voltaren (diclofenac): “The cream helps me. My knees hurt so badly in the morning I can barely walk. The voltaren cream reduces the pain and increases my movement ability.”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

“I am currently on this medication diclofenac and it does not work at all for my RA. Been taking it for several months I have never taken any pain medications beside Tylenol or Ibuprofen out of the fact that I am a busy mom. My pain is 24/7. Will continue per my doctor prescription but I would not recommend it.”

Arletta October 29, 2019

“I got the cream in a 1% and it didn't do anything. I called and asked for something stronger.”

Dot · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2019

“Great for my RA in my knees - voltarin”

Theonlysos · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 6, 2019

“I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 10. Doctors would prescribe strong opioid pain killers. I get more relief from the diclofenac gel applied to my joints and muscles than from any pain killer. Diclofenac gel is more affective for me than oxycodone, Morphine, Dilaudid, etc.”

Jai · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2018

“Hip pain due to arthritis plus cartilage is nil due to use and joint is worn out at 64 years old. Surgery prescribed. Meanwhile hurts plenty and loss of balance when pain strikes like a knife mid stride. Taken one diclofenac 100mg. 7am single dose, 7pm I still feel great and am less dependant upon cane. Use this only when I feel very sore, tight, grinding hip joint, sharp pain. Feels as though have glass marbles in a sock for a joint. Makes a noise loud enough for my husband to hear if I move the wrong way. Relief seems to be within a couple hours and is lasting all day. I take no other medication for arthritis.”

Bongopony · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

“Have been taking it for 6 days. Doesn’t seem to help. Still in agony nearly every night. Waking with chills or in a pool of sweat. Vicodin helps for a few hours”

CINCY · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2018

“I took 4 days to work, SCARED to take it after I read side effects, after serious nerve pain took it. I read feedbacks from users reassured me 2 go forward with dose, helps sleep, only take 1 a day @ 5 pm. 75 mg, Lots of pain still with sleep, not the stabbing pain, serious pull like pain, use ice, weight gain, little diarrhea @ first, need surgery, will take till then, better than the Norco and ibruprophen, this works on nerves. 69 yrs old female”

Diclofriend · Taken for 10 years or more December 10, 2017

“I have been using voltaren (diclofenac) for my RA for 27 years without any other strong medications. Yes, I lost my knee joints and had their replacement, however, for all these 27 years I have never stopped working full time job as a teacher. The most recent dosage is 150 mg a day. If I had stronger pain, I did diclofenac shots to myself and that helped a lot. What I noticed, the quality of the European diclofenac is much higher. After staying on the US production or maybe because of aging (or both), I've started feeling side effects: GERD and stomachache at night. So it's time to find something else, though I am grate full to this medication for keeping me alive and productive for 27 years!”

Countrymom8 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 21, 2017

“I want to answer Bellestar above and give a comment. I wonder why she was told Diclofenac is being discouraged from use. My son who has a connective tissue disease and has severe joint issues was given the drug years ago by the wonderful Pain Clinic Hospital . It was a miracle drug for his pain. He's had no side effects that we know of.”

Sparxy · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2017

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I found no relief from using this product for osteo arthritis”

bellestarr10 August 3, 2017

“I was diagnosed with RA 32years ago. My initial treatment was Myocrisin [gold injections] and diclofenac during flare ups. After 18 years the Myocrisin was not working, so medication was changed. Since then quality of life has not been good, and the only relief from pain was Diclofenac, which settled things down in 1-2 days. Now told it was being discouraged from use, so taken off it. All the alternatives have not worked, so persuaded a new Rhumatologist to re-instate it for short while and life was good again. I had no side effects from this drug. When a flare up occurs I take 2 in the day 75mg and everything quietens down, then it may be weeks before another attack. To me it is a wonder drug. All drugs are a risk, and for me this is good”

Doesn't work - useless · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2016

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I went through half a tube of this garbage and it didn't work at all... and I got to be sticky as well... so that was fun.”

Sbeauty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 28, 2015

“I have been using diclofenac orally. No relief in pain I swelling. Using this for 4-5 months. I also used the voltaren gel without any relief in pain or swelling.”

sfi1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2014

“I did take it without food and my stomach did not like the pain like gas high in the stomach and right side pain. Given by the VA.”

JohnHalo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2014

“My doc had me try Diclofenac after bad side effects from Piroxicam. The pain management with Diclofenac is marginal at best for my arthritis and causes severe swelling in my feet and ankles, but I'm now having to take a diuretic because of it.”

Blockjaw · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2013

“Was using 7.5 mg. of Meloxicam when after a period of about 3 years it began to not prevent the arthritic pain and swelling that I had in my shoulders and ankles. My rheumatologist placed me on 75 mg. of Diclofenac and one day later all symptoms subsided.”

dawnasimp March 4, 2013

“I have been taking diclofenac for 3 years for arthritis in my lower spine. When the doctor gave it to me he said I would see a difference or not in a day or two. Immediately I had relief and could rise from a chair, lean over a table, and pick up objects. Things I couldn't do for a year prior. If I miss a day of this medicine the pain and stiffness returns. I am very grateful.”

Old Expat · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Awesome works better than any other anti-inflammatory. I couldn't walk if it weren't for them.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I take a combination of 50mg Voltaren for the rheumatoid arthritis once per day and 200mg Plaquenil for Sjogrens twice per day. I started with 100 mg's Voltaren, but thought that was too much so I had the doctor prescribe 50mg twice per day. I just take one unless I need more.”

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have rheumatoid arthritis and use Voltaren topically on my joints. This helps.”

Anonymous July 22, 2011

“I have rheumatoid arthritis for the past 20 years. I used to take diclofenac sodium 100mg per day. When I got better I stopped for 3 years. Now again stated once in 3 days and now every night after food one 50 mg tablet. I have not experienced any side effects. Inflammation in many joints has reduced. I am 48 years old.”

thomasjr May 9, 2011

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I need to take Cytotec (misoprostol) with it.”

MACE1010 April 28, 2011

“I have been having swelling in my feet and ankles very bad lately. I could remember about when it all started and knew it was about the time I started on diclofenac. I looked up the side effects just now and I see why I have the swelling along with a bladder infection. ”

pinoy ako December 10, 2010

Voltaren (diclofenac): “The doctor prescribed me this medicine to take for a week. It helps to reduce the pain for only short period of time. The good thing is I don't get any side effects except mild diarrhea.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)