User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Sciatica

"Knocked me out heart was working overtime increased sweating and vomitting blurred vision headache this medicine does not work for me at all stopped taking it two days ago and still have symptoms"

Southbeach4625 April 26, 2016

"I suffered with sciatica for about 4 years , I tried P.T, pain meds and nothing worked until i tried Diclofenac 50mg. no more pain meds for me whoop whoop!"

Claire H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

"I have tried a lot of different NSAIDs and this is a miracle. I moved back up north where weather is colder, causing my sciatica to flare up more often. Been on this 6 months and so glad I am."

clevermom2004 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2015

"I was prescribed 50mg twice a day. I felt really good after 2 days. Went back to spin class (lightly) and light cycling. Then I felt good and did an elliptical. My Dr never told me to refrain from working out. After 26 years it's a hard habit to break. So I am in week 3. If I stand too long Sciatica returns. Some walks are good. He is doing this for 3 months. I hope it helps. I don't want cortisone injections."

TerryP1957 September 14, 2014

Cataflam (diclofenac): "This medicine worked great for many years however, after 6 years I had to get a new medications."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2014

Voltaren (diclofenac): "I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2013

"I am 25 with a actebular femoral impingement which has caused osteoarthritis, labral tears and a small hernia. Diclofenac has given me my life back."

wooo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2013

"I have suffered with Sciatica since I was in a snowmachine accident when I was 15...that was 13 years ago. I just started on this medication this year and I can't beleive how wonderful it works. Instead of being bed ridden for 3-5 days, I can take this pill a bit before bed and I am 80% better in the morning."

Tracee84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): "This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry. "

Anonymous June 26, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): "This medicine gave me back my life. Finally pain free after twenty years of low back pain from car accident."

Anonymous January 3, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Miracle medicine!"

Anonymous October 4, 2011

"I have had two lower back injuries in the past five years and both times was prescribed diclofenac. Sciatica usually lasts 10-14 days before complete relief."

LBP July 25, 2011

"My sister had terrible side effects with this medicine. Rapid heartbeat, sweating, tingling arms and legs, itching, burning of her skin. She changed all laundry products and body soaps looking for relief."

silverfox1944 November 17, 2009

Voltaren (diclofenac): "Works for Osteoarthritis and sciatica."

Anonymous October 22, 2009

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac): "I thought it was a placebo until I tried not taking it. It is a miracle drug that worked for me in 2 doses."

Anonymous May 10, 2009

"My GP tried me on several combinations of drugs combined with Ibuprofen over a 6 week period for Sciatica. Not until the Ibuprofen was substituted with Diclofenac did I get any signs of improvement. Taken with Omeprazole I have had no side effects."

Anonymous March 18, 2009