User Reviews for Diclofenac (Page 2)

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Diclofenac.

Osteoarthritis

Spondyloarthritis

1 review 65 medications
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 7.0 398 reviews

Reviews for Diclofenac

For Migraine: "Had this drug prescribed to me and the Doctor did not tell me the side effects then two weeks after taking it I was admitted to hospital with kidney failure. Beware of this drug. Why is it not banned in New Zealand??? I will recover. Lesson: Ask your Doctor "will it Kill you????""

Noaks May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Used this for years for my spinal condition and eventually ended up with a hard to diagnose heart condition, I'm pretty sure brought on by diclofenac. I tried my utmost to keep the number of pills I took to an absolute minimum and did not take these pills that often, only in dire need. They were effective up to a point, although sometimes I had quite painful throbbing in the region of my kidneys. This treatment is a lottery and has the potential to kill some patients with it's side effects. It's ingredients are strangely similar to vioxx, which had a wide world ban for it's effects on patients hearts. To my mind, diclofenac seems like a rebranding of vioxx, the offending 'ingredient' being oxidase 2, the same as vioxx. DO NOT TAKE if you have heart problems!"

Heartache2 May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "After being born breech, and having both hips dislocated at a time when operations were not thought of. Then giving birth to 7 wonderful children in a short stretch of time. The stress to my hips has taken a crippling tole. I was rarely ever able to get myself out of bed without the feeling of train spikes stabbing into my hips. Voltarane gel enabled me to start my day but the Diciofenac slow release 75mg. Allows me to work my eight hours and come home to enjoy time with my kids instead of going directly to bed in too much pain to live life."

Momof7littleelfs (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This is the 2nd time in two years my podiatrist as prescribed Diclofenac Sod EC 75MG to me to alleviate inflammation at my achilles tendon to heel of the foot. These pills are amazing!! Taken with food, one in morning & one at evening. Within one day of taking the medication, the pain virtually gone and I can walk without heel pain or limping. While the Dr. gave me a three week supply, he said to take only for as long as necessary. I have had no side effects."

Ted2017 May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "Personally it's the best gel I have used to warm up my back muscles, making the muscles feel like I've stretched for 15 - 20 min. Don't expect miracles. You should not be expecting this gel to completely alleviate back pain. It's not supposed to do that. It's supposed to get your muscles to a place where you can do other things more easily to attain painlessness via a combined effort. For a lot of back pain, if you use the gel in conjunction with consistent stretching (twice daily) whilst consuming the correct diet and being active enough to lower your body weight, you will be in a much better place in no time - so be encouraged! The gel really helps you do the things you need to do physically to get to that place."

IrishAido May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "This is the best product ever highly recommended for tooth aches. It was the only thing which would completely get rid of the pain from a wisdom tooth infection."

19887Mel (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "This is the only non prescription pain relief that will take away the pain of a toothache or any other body pain within an hour. I have not found them effective for a migraine headache."

Alligator Creek (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I've used voltaren rapid 25 and 50 by far the best joint pain medication I've ever had. I use it to ease my pain when gout attacks come on I take to 2 with milk or before I eat something. My partner also uses it only if her period pain is unbearable seems to help her cope.."

Rawz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Why would they put fragrance in a pharmaceutical cream?? My doctor prescribed this medicine and I'm allergic to scents so I just wasted my money on this. It's not covered by the medical plan and since I opened it, I can't return it. What a waste of money."

jmnf (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Stomach upset and pain outweigh benefits of voltaren. They need to make a stomach friendly version this one is too harsh"

Ka12 April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Had osteo pain in knee from running and then a bad fall. Knee blew up. Went to knee doc and was prescribed diclo sod 75. Swelling went down, pain gone. Running better than before lol. Will take when any swelling or pain. Got to miracle drug for me!"

dimpsie (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My husband and I both take Diclofenac when needed for joint pain and inflammation. We usually take it for about 3-4 days in a row and it works very well with no side effects. We understand that long-term use would require occasional liver enzyme assays so we use with caution... only when needed and for a limited time. We have come to nickname them "magic pills" because they work so well."

CyndiRD (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have osteoarthritis in both knees and will being getting knee replacement next month. This stuff is wonderful. I wish I had found it years ago. I am referring to the topical cream. I rub it in well twice day and oh, what a difference. You must be consistent with it and the relief will grow on you."

Pranava (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "I was having frequent migraines to the point where it was making me hate life and cry all the time. I was scared to take it but it worked within two minutes. If you are scared and feel hopeless try this medication it will literally save you from the drowning that migraines can make you feel. Its the only medication I can say that is truly magic."

BeeGee123 April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "I have had debilitating migraines for over 25 years. I have tried EVERY type of migraine medication- hoping each time the new one would work- and would be so frustrated every time. I previously thought my migraines were hormone related, but have now realized they are also caused by changes in the weather/ air pressure. My neurologist has tried many medications, and finally Cambia! Cambia is by far the best thing I have used- If I can take it as soon as I feel the migraine coming on, it works great! I have been taking it for 6 months, and only a couple of times it didn't work. I also started taking 400mg of magnesium glycinate every day and I feel it has also helped in migraine prevention. Hope this helps others as much as it has helped me!"

Terri J H April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My hands were so painful from arthritis and carpal tunnel that I was missing work, barely able to do any housework (anything that I needed to use my hands for). I'd been getting worse over 6 months and seriously considering going on disability. I was given the prescription for the gel. I put it on as directed and by that night I had relief. I was able to do my job the next day like I haven't for months. This is a miracle for me. Not even strong pain meds worked. I just hope this isn't temporary."

Knilja (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: ""Had immense pain, discomfort and stiffness in my hip joint. My GP prescribed me Diclofenac, and it provided instant relief and reduced the inflammation straight away as after just one dose I could move again like almost normal. Two more doses the next day but then had to discontinue due to the unacceptable side-effects: heart palpitations, hot flushes, restlessness, minor anxiety. But I must state here though for you that I can hardly tolerate Ibuprofen or any NSAID pain-killer for that matter, of late that is. Earlier, I´d tolerate medicines like sweets, but after taking Ciprofloxacin 14 months ago, and that has messed up my whole system: I've even developed a number of food intolerances as well. So, it might still work better for you."

Rawal Afzal (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I was prescribed diclofenac sodium 75 mg along with gabapentin for severe neck and shoulder pain, and numbness each night in both arms and hands. It takes the edge off. It does not stop the symptoms. It does not alleviate pain for me after 3 months of use. 4 Advil do a better job."

Renegade8 March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "Its Amazing"

V. Kaushal March 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have been dealing with extreme pain in my hip and groin area. I took one pill but never again. I first experienced drowsiness, which isn't anything to worry about until I started to not feel right in my head. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Then as I was standing in the kitchen making dinner I developed extreme nausea for about 5 minutes. This led to a rush shooting straight to my head and on came a dizzy spell that lasted for about 20 seconds. Followed by a partial black out for a split second, vision came back and I went to sit down moments later I was perfectly ok. Well besides feeling freaked out of course. I would never recommend this medicine to anyone."

Why me? February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have been diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, degenerative arthritis. I have been in such horrific pain for so long that quite often I cry from it. I have taken narcotics off and on for other reasons and they did help some. I refuse to take them for control. OTC meds do not help. I have had one hip replacement and am having the other one soon. My Rheumatologist gave me a script this past week for Diclofenac Sod EC 75 mg tab 2x day. It is my miracle! Absolutely NO pain, bones, joints, skin, muscles, anywhere! I can wake up with no pain or stiffness and walk immediately straight up! I feel wonderful! Praise God for this med!"

Debi McClure January 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zorvolex (diclofenac) for Pain: "We'll I have been on this medication for 7 months now. At first it worked well for my pain. Your body has to get used to it . This medication works well for my joint pain in back and knees. It will work for headache also. But these past 2 months I've had terrible side effects. I get these stomach pains from hell. I get sick and throw up. The stomach pain is unbearable . Taking the 18mg. 3xs a day sometimes only able to take 1 a day with food for sure and the stomach pain will come. Also has caused upper respiratory infection 2xs now."

Mz bossy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Muscle Pain: "Garbage compared to Rub on Relief I used half a tube of Voltaren with little effect except being poorer for the price , so avoid wasting money in the Volataren"

Fuck January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Have end stage knee arthritis and am scheduled for TKR in 8 weeks. I was getting along fairly well, working 12 hour shifts in ICU, until about 3 weeks ago. The pain, stiffness and muscle spasms in my right leg became unbearable. I could only use the word "agony" to describe how I felt. I could hardly walk and felt like I was suddenly crippled. The surgeon was only able to move up my surgical date by 10 days. I saw an ortho doc this week for a possible cortisone injection but decided not to go that route because I did not want to risk the chance of a post op infection. The doc prescribed Diflofenac 75 mg twice a day. I am flabbergasted by the results! I have never taken any kind of pain med that actually works like this med. It's amazing!"

Nan rn (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I went through half a tube of this garbage and it didn't work at all... and I got to be sticky as well... so that was fun."

Doesn't work - useless (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016