User Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Osteoarthritis

Also known as: Voltaren, Cambia, Cataflam, Zorvolex, Zipsor

Diclofenac Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Diclofenac

Big C · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I tried Voltaren because it was new and different and nothing else on the market helped with my knee pain. I followed the directions and found that it doesn't work either. Definitely not worth the price I paid. I'm hoping that some day I will be able to find a product that actually does what it claims.”

Drob · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

“I have taken Meloxicam 15 mg daily for the past year for knee and hip arthritis. My knee has improved but my hip has continued to be a problem. I know I will need a hip replacement but is not an option now. My doctor switched me over to Diclofenac 75 mg twice a day. I have been on it five days and my hip pain has improved dramatically regarding mobility and sleeping. I have not had any side effects but do take it with my meals. I hope I continue to see pain relief until I can get my hip replaced.”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“I had foot surgery for broken tarsometatarsals and am post-surgery about 5 months with continued swelling and pain from the hardware and non-union of one joint. I have osteoarthritis and Sjogrens autoimmune disease and am on multiple meds plus 2400 mg. of Ibuprofen most days. My foot surgeon took me off Ibuprofen and tried Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg. two times a day. Wow what a difference. Most of my arthritic joints had major relief and degenerative disc disease even improved.”

CaliCajun · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 1, 2019

“I have taken this drug for over 3 years. Not daily, but as needed (maybe once or twice a week). I am not able to take Narcotics, so my doctor prescribed this for my neck arthritis, back spasms, and a frozen shoulder. This med took away at least 90% of the pain from all of the painful areas. I never had any of the reported side effects like stomach pain or diarrhea (and I HAVE preexisting stomach issues). This is a game-changer for me because it's the only thing that has worked.”

Lottie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2019

“The diclofenac is a miracle drug for arthritis but with all the side effects and my age of 66 I am afraid to take it 2x a day every day. So I only take it like every 3 or 4 days and take aspirin and tylenol on the days off. I also am on narcotic pain meds that do absolutely nothing. I get a steroid shot every 3 months, I wish it was every 2 months cuz thats only how long the shots last. I hurt everywhere every joint and under all my skin with inflammation. I can barely walk or get up from sitting or laying and have not been shopping or to church in years. The relief I get from diclofenac lets me get around my house and clean up and cook.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2019

“diclofenac gel not really helpful but pill form 75mg took away the stiffness from my knees and in general aching from my joints. Can really tell the difference when I stopped as my lower back ached ( I have spina bifida occult) my neck, my feet ( multiple issues there). It was like they all came back to remind me all at once. I was prescribed 2x per day but been only taking 1 a day, as like all drugs they will have side affects even if not obvious. So works great for achy joints etc for me..”

Cootje · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Voltaren didn’t do anything for my knee problems. Worthless.”

Ray · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I currently have osteoarthritis in my left knee. I had arthroscopic surgery in January of this year. I think the surgery has not helped my problem. I use Voltaren gel on my knee three times each day. I am very pleased with the result and have had less pain since using this treatment.”

Oj · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

“49 year old female, diagnosed with osteoarthritis in 2013. Never took any medication for the pain. Just Ibrupofen on days when it gets worse. Was prescribed Diclofenac by my GP in November 2018. It worked well, knocked off the pains and for the 1st time in years I was almost pain free everyday, BUT then the gastric bleeding started. I've stopped taking it, bleeding has stopped. Dr has put me on Naproxen. Just started today. Waiting to see if there'll be any side effects.”

Shelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Not effective for arthritis in my hands. I felt no difference whatsoever. Very expensive and not effective.”

Toppo · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

Voltaren (diclofenac): “I have been struggling for a couple of years with pain in my right knee. Problems sleeping and now walk with a limp. Bought Voltarol after seeing numerous glowing adverts on tv. Very expensive and an absolute waste of money. This cream made no difference at all. Rubbish.”

Billy B · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2019

“I have read 2 pages of your reviews and the information is very interesting, a good cross section of reviews. I will be 88 yrs. old March 3 2019 I am 5'3'' tall I weight between 129-130 #. I have OA used diclofenac for 5 years the results have better then good. I believe it takes a little more then a pill you have to keep your body in fair condition too. Total pain does not go away for me but it's very livable.”

Di November 18, 2018

“I sick of people doctors and chemists saying only take voltaren for a few days as it's the only thing that's helped my knee pain. If l don't take take it l limp and am so depressed in knee pain”

Beano · Taken for 10 years or more November 16, 2018

“I’ve found this to be the only drug that works and leaves me able to work and drive. Morphine works but leaves me not fit to work or drive”

Relief_finally · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2018

“Suffering for about 2 years and have tried so many things. This was sooooo much better. I could actually walk with my husband again instead of sitting down to wait for him. I am also back in the gym. As long as you do what it says you will be fine. Take it with food. It really has worked wonders for me...”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 3, 2018

“I took this drug for 2 years and it worked like a charm, no pain in my knees ..... but WARNING ..... because of taking it I ended up in the hospital because I vomited for 5 weeks at least 30 times a day, the doctor in emergency thought I was dying , the medication had caused an ulcer in my duodenum, this ruptured and the acid from my ulcer dumped over to my gall bladder and ruptured a main artery. I was rushed to surgery where no one thought I would make it thru as I was vomiting blood at that point. I made it thru but only because I am very fit ... DO NOT take this medication , it almost killed me ....”

Dawn · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

“This drug worked well for me, but when I had follow-up with MD 2 months later, my liver enzymes went through the roof! Beware!”

Ks · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 2, 2018

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac): “Have started taking meds at bedtime and wake up with less pain and stiffness in the morning. Have taken this med for about 2 years and took it in the morning about 8 am. It was hard to get the full effect waking up stiff and hurting already. For me bedtime seems to be best so far.”

Jan May 26, 2018

“This drug worked very well on my arthritis knee pain - for a while. After the 5th day I got over stomach problems. Some lightheadedness persisted but was tolerable. About day 30, however, I started getting pains up and down my legs in the afternoons and evenings. This problem was not on the list of side effects . The pain kept increasing in intensity and I finally called my doctor who told me to stop taking the medicine. Don't know what I'll do now, but diclofenac turned on me!”

gary · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “DR. gave me samples of it and it greatly helped me go from my walker to a cane. But I can't afford the amount of money it cost to take it.”

Saar 1234 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Might as well take a sugar pill”

AP94 · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

“I have been taking this for about 10 days (150mg/day) and I cannot tell that it is having any effect at all. For me, ibuprofen seems to work much better.”

Chance7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

Voltaren (diclofenac): “Been in pain for 9 months. $800 knee brace. Helped but not enough. Took a fall on the ice and a trip to Ortho Walk in. Gave me Voltaren to take. No pain in less than an hour. Not thrilled with possible side effect, but pain free. I will take the chance.”

Grandsuperma · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2018

“I was suffering bad pain in foot round the toes area up to ankle and golfers elbow Within 3 days of taking 25 mg 3 times a day my pain was completely gone I have been trying just taking one a day but my pain comes up again so will stick with 3 a day and I feel back to normal again especially at work as I do a repetitive job”

Infomam November 5, 2017

Zorvolex (diclofenac): “I took this medication for Osteoarthritis, and it helped so much. Surprisingly, it nearly stopped my chronic migraines too. The best thing about Zorvolex is that I do not get the ear ringing that other NSAIDs or the regular dose of generic diclofenac cause. The only down side is that I turned 65, and Medicare Part D doesn't cover it. I was able to get an exception for one year, but what they paid was minimal. Before 65, I only paid $50 a month. It tripled. I just couldn't afford it anymore, so I've stopped taking it. My ears are ringing again. I hope there will be an affordable generic soon.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)