How long do I wait after taking 400 mg ibuprofen to take 15 mg of meloxicam?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 3, 2020.
You are best to wait until the effects of the ibuprofen wear off, which would be in around 6 hours time, before starting the Meloxicam and stopping the Ibuprofen.
Ibuprofen and meloxicam both belong to the same therapeutic class, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs help to reduce pain, and help to decrease swelling and inflammation. Taking multiple NSAIDs together can lead to gastrointestinal problems.
Related medical questions
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- Can I take Meloxicam and Aleve or Tylenol together?
- Which painkiller should you use?
- Is meloxicam very similar to Celebrex?
- Can meloxicam cause drowsiness and headache?
- Is meloxicam a narcotic?
- Is meloxicam helpful in gout treatment?
- Is meloxicam a sulfa drug?