How long do I wait after taking 400 mg ibuprofen to take 15 mg of meloxicam?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 13, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
You are best to wait until the effects of the ibuprofen wear off, which would be in around 6 hours time, before starting the Meloxicam and stopping the Ibuprofen.
Ibuprofen and meloxicam both belong to the same therapeutic class, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs help to reduce pain, and help to decrease swelling and inflammation. Taking multiple NSAIDs together can lead to gastrointestinal problems.
Related Medical Questions
- Why is diclofenac only available on prescription but ibuprofen can be bought over the counter?
- Does ibuprofen cause blood in your urine?
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- How many 600 mg ibuprofen are safe in a 24 hour period?
- Is ibuprofen (Advil) a blood thinner?
- Is it safe to take two 800 milligram ibuprofen with Tylenol Extra Strength?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?