I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
There is a moderate interaction between Ibuprofen and prednisone. It should only used together on the instruction of a Doctor, and needs to be used with caution together especially if you are prone to stomach upset including stomach ulcers and bleeding.
Both medications taken together can cause serious gastric complications in some patients.
If after taking you develop any unusual bleeding or stomach pain, dizziness or tarry stools tell your doctor immediately.
For more information on this interaction see:
Related Medical Questions
- Prednisone - if my prescription says take 6 pills on the first day do I take all 6 at once?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - What's the difference between them?
- How long does it take prednisone to get out of your system?
- What are the side effects of steroids?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?