User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 281 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Allergic Reactions: "Taken for severe hives, rash, itching. Allergic to the world. However it has also made my joint pain so much better, places I didn't realize were that swelled up! Now I'm wondering what else is going on. Good experience this time around. Was on 60mg/day for 5dys"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have a hip injury. I was given a high dose of hip cortisone injection. The next day I was pain free through out my body! I forgot what it felt like to be human. The systemic symptoms slowly returned after about 3-4 wks. I saw a RA doc who R/O RA. Now am waiting to see fibromyalgia doctor but I am hoping to get a mediation I can take permenateoy to get this same relief. Been dealing with this horrible pain since Jan 2016. Which a great deal stress had been thrown on me. Help!!"

Alc2018 July 20, 2016

For Asthma: "I have had fairly sever asthma all of my life, and prednisone does the trick each time my symptoms become unmanageable with a rescue inhaler. While the side effects are unpleasant at times, they are not long lasting and worth it to be able to breathe again. I get irritable, flushed in the face, and a bit bloated. I have never had to take this more than six days, so this goes away once I finish the medicine."

Katie1102 July 19, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I chose not to take any medicine for my lower back problem any longer than 1 day. My chiropractor operates their office as a drug free office and has been providing me physical therapy for about 3 months now. It's really working. I strongly suggest that if you haven't considered chiropractic therapy you should get evaluated. One of my best friends was taking Prednisone for several months and now she's been diagnosed with leukemia. Her health is going down hill. Many people don't realize the long term affect of using this medicine can far outweigh the problem. It can affect your liver, spleen, and can compromise your immune system, making you susceptible infections. My doctor says you should really only be prescribed no more that 2 week."

FT3308 July 17, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I started writing a novel based off my experiences with gout and the different medications I took for them,and ran out of room. So here is the short version. I hate Indomethacin and colchicine with a passion. So much so, this last attack had me crawling on my hands and knees, and I refused to take the stuff. I lasted a month and Today I went in. By chance my Doctor was out ill. The new Doctor looked at it and prescribed prednisone and started me on allopurinol. I have heard of prednisone before and was eager to try it. I'm sticking with the new doctor. This drug is amazing. I dont believe in miracle drugs, but this is damn close. After 8 hours of taking my first dose, 80-90 percent of the pain is gone. Screw Indomethacin!!!!!!!!!!"

I hate Gout July 14, 2016

For Lichen Planus: "I'm a 37 years old and I have had "heat rash" since I was a young child. My body is usually covered in bumps from spring to fall. I have been prescribed lotions and steroid creams which usually just helps with the itching. Since there was a warm weather I started breaking out in December and because of travel to hot places my body was covered in bumps by February. So in May I saw a new dermatologist, she did a biopsy for lichen planus and placed me on prednisone. I took a 20 day dose and within a few days the texture and size change. Also some disappeared and there was no more irritation. I've been off prednisone for 2 weeks now and I've have started to breakout and the irritation has started back."

VJen (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I has the worst poison ivy reaction from cleaning my yard on June 25 .. First I was prescribed an antibiotic them a steroid cream.. finally the mass general hospital prescribed me this medication and was in my first full day of being goes my rash went away I feel completely better ... I'm on 4-10 mg tablets daily then down to 3-3 days and 2-2 days and 1-1 day and I don't know what I would have done with out this medication. Abusing it would be scary but I haven't had any bad or noticable side effects besides my back hurts..."

Steph856 July 10, 2016

For Asthma: "I am chronic asthmatic and have to take prednisolone on average at least once a month (8 tablets a day for 7 days). Sometimes i cant walk from my bed to my bathroom for a wee i cant breathe that much. But after taking peednisolone, within the next few hours i can walk every time. However, i have raging mood swings, my back teeth have crumbled out from taking too many tablets, my bones are weak and i am always hungry. But without them i wouldn't be able to breathe. Luckily i live in the UK and we have the NHS x"

Charball (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2016

For COPD: "Have had to use prednisone for many reasons ..I believe it's a miracle drug..a life saver!! But with bad side effects... and shouldn't be taken for long periods of time .. I suffer from COPD, psoriasis, and cirrhosis of the liver.. I should be 6 ft. under at the age of 68 with all my issues but like I said prednisone is helping me to live day to day!!!"

1212134 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Low back pain radiating down legs and shoulder pain. I have been in severe pain since injuring my back in 2007. I worked in construction and have injured my lower back several times. MRI revealed bulging disc from L1 to L5 and shoulder pain is from years of heavy work. I have been going to pain clinics since 2008 and although I take pain medication it does little to relieve the pain. My PCP prescribed Prednisone tablets for 20 days along with a shot to start with. Within three days my pain had decreased and within a week I was almost pain free. For the first time in years I spent a week without pain medicine. I took the last of the prednisone last week and the pain in my lower back and shoulder returned yesterday and by this morning I am using a walker again."

Darelmac (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I first experienced gout 22 years ago in one of my big toes. Suffered through that attack and a few years later I experienced a few more attacks. Eventually went to a doctor and was diagnosed as gout. As the years passed, I had attacks in various joints. I would get pain in one ankle, then it would move to the other ankle or one of my knees. The pain would luckily ocate in only one joint at a time. In the fall of 2014, I had an attack so bad on my knee that image repeated trips to the medical clinic and received shots of Decadron and prednisone packs for treatment. The pain would go away only to return 2-3 weeks later. Made 4 total visits during that period. Just yesterday, I had to go back for treatment from an acute attack."

JCINGA (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have very frequent bouts of sinusitis with general associated dizziness. Over the last 2 years I've had way too many scripts for Antibiotics (which eventually didn't work anymore) so the doc has occasionally suggested Prednisolone. Did this in December and after a few days all good! Right now in June I'm in trouble again so again on the Pred and tapering down over a week, but I avoid it at night cos it keeps me awake. I'm feeling almost alive again today. Hopefully I'll be out of the woods again soon!"

Wenno June 19, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Does away with the worst pain and inflammation I've ever felt in as few as 6 hours. 50 milligram dose works wonders."

Kboyer (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I had a severe itch for almost a month. The doctor couldn't make a formal diagnosis. I had red itchy spots all over me and I was MISERABLE. I was prescribed a predisone pack of 21 pills 10mg to take over a span of 5 or 6 days and by the third day the itching and scratching had subsided tremendously. I'm not sure if it was an allergic reaction to something I came in contact with as I have never had a problem like this before. This medicine truly saved me...It did make me have an appetite but since it took care of my problem that issue was insignificant."

foxsays (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a choking/allergic reaction where my throat swelled as well as my vocal chords, it was scary but I'm glad it happened because I was living with a lot of pain that the Prednisone helped from a bike accident as well as other issues. I just took it for 5 days & I did take a 5 mg about 3 weeks later as a maintenance dose. As far as the anxiety goes my body adjusted to that after a couple days then it dissipated once I stopped taking it. I did gain 6 lbs & hit kept me awake first couple nights. The positive out weighs the side effects for me especially with a short term dosage"

Florida Al (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Eczema: "I understand the severe side effects. However, as one who has suffered from severe asthma and eczema, as well as intolerable skin itching in general, my entire life, I look at prednisone as a miracle drug. It allows me to breathe, stops the skin itching, and clears my skin up quickly. If there is another drug that will accomplish these goals, I would definitely give it a try. I am 47 years old, and all of my issues were considered "childhood illnesses" that would eventually disappear. Unfortunately they never did. At my age I've learned to greet the doctor with "yes, I understand the side effects. In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. If there is a new wonderdrug I should know about, let's give it a go!""

Petmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "Went to the Dr with sore throat and chills ,the night before I tossed and turned with pain and sweats...went to the er got a dose of Prednisone and within a few hours I felt 80% better"

Poohby May 24, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Incredible change 1st day after taking. More energy, less pain. Could barely get uo or down stairs before...now no problems."

fromkamloops (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Swelling severe joint pain especially wrists leaving me unable to use my hands. Dr prescribed prednisolone 20 mgs to start ,within 1 hour my pain was gone and next day swelling had almost disappeared . As I was on a long course I did suffer from being paranoid and gained over 3 stone in weight , however I did realise I had to bear with it to have any quality of life and it did work , for 5 years I had no more symptoms. Recently my pains and swellings are back only in my wrists this time doctors prescribed only short periods of the drug, I had no side affects but 3 days after finishing my wrists were screaming pain . I am 70 this year and otherwise have good health so I will have my way and use of my hands back by using this drug."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have epilepsy and it sent me into a grandmal seizure the first day I started taking it. Then I did not take it again and I had no more seizures. I was taking it for inflammation of the inner ear. It was my first time taking it an my last. It may help other people, but it made me have a seizure. I rarely have them so I know it was the prednisone. I do not advise epileptics to take this medicine. This is coming from personal experience. Stay safe."

Vasha118 May 16, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I was diagnoised with pityriasis rubra / red itchy patches all over the body , like sunburn . I had 40 mg per day for two weeks and decrease it by 5 mg evry week . Worked right from start and cured it for good."

Recep (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have had back to back sinus infections several times per year for the past few years. I have taken too many antibiotics and do the ENT prescribed prednisone 30 mg for 3 days then 20 for 2 days then 10 then done. Sounded simple enough even though I had been putting off prednisone for a year. I also take klonopin low dose for an anxiety condition. I know my hyper sensitivity to meds so the first night I took half the initial dosage. I woke up early the next morning with a racing mind and high anxiety. The racing mind scared me. It dissipated within a few hours but still made me feel on edge for the remainder of the day. I called the pharmacist as it was a weekend and I could not get the doctor and explain. She told me to stop the prednisone"

Penchant (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have terrible leg pain/neuropathy as I am pre-diabetic. I discovered accidentally that a low dose of prednisone erased the pain completely and gave my ability to walk back. My Dr was concerned about the long term side effects- 5 mg a day - so wanted me to try Celebrex instead. What a disaster. Terrible stomach and back pain . My inflammation and severe pain came back with a vegeance. Back on prednisone . For all the naysayers- this drug gave me my life back. I am dedicated to losing weight so the pre-diabetes issue goes away- and I can get off of Prednizone. This drug gave me my life back. Sounds like the high dosage given to patients on this site caused major unpleasant side effects - my low dosage did not result in any negative effects."

Kanne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

For Asthma: "I only take prednisone in the bubble pack as a last resort. It does work effectively but, the short & long term side effects of the medication need the user to proceed with caution. I have to use it for my chronic episodes of bronchitis & when my asthma gets too bad for just albuterol. Short term caused my liver function to go wonky. When i use a pred blister pack I usually gain 5-10lbs. It also causes sebaceous hyperplasia which look like raised whiteheads that never go away. If you go to a gym w/ steroid abusers you will see that they have whiteheads all over their back & face. That is s. Hyperplasia. You have to get it burnt or cut out of your skin to get rid of it. If I didn't need it for my asthma i would never take it willingly."

kkris May 10, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Daddy Bean. Your symptoms/attacks are identical to my own. Currently on 700mg Alopurinon and due another 6 monthly check in 2 weeks. I'm 4 weeks into my latest attack which has primarily been right knee - only has left to linger on right, then left foot to left knee and back to right knee where it's made itself at home for the last 4 days. This is the worst acute attack I've had in 15 years. Still not diagnosed as gout as it moves and comes as quickly as it goes. Hopefully rhumatologist will investigate pseudo gout (calcium) or more likely Palindromic Rheumatism - would be really keen to hear from anyone who may have experience with this. Anyway Prednesolone is the only thing that seems to touch this at the moment. 6 tabs first thing."

Kiwikodi (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016