User Reviews for Prednisone

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 38 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.6 482 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For Gouty Arthritis: "After multiple gout attacks in the past few years, I have found that dehydration and minor injuries/ overworking tend to trigger flare ups in my feet and and ankles. I have found that taking prednisone at the first sign of a gout flare up can completely prevent a full blown attack from happening. In the event you don’t have any pills at the first sign of the attack and it goes full blown, taking prednisone will reduce the pain and swelling by 50% in the first few hours, and you will be walking without an aid in 24 hours. If you have a physical job, you will be back to work within 2-3 days. Don’t let it drag on for weeks, tell the doctor you want prednisone, and if you have frequent attacks, try to get some extra for the next time you feel one coming on. Also if you are having regular attacks you should get a preventive med eg. allopurinol this will prevent you getting the crystals building up."

Anonymous 35yo (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Asthma: "I had the flu which flared up my Asthma. Prednisone does work..but it causes me to sweat really bad..and causes cramps in my body. Grateful that it's a tapered med."

Southern Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019

For Pharyngitis: "Was having high fever and whole body ache, also the worst sore throat in my life! After taking 2 tabs of 5 mg prednisolone with paracetamol, within an hour, I feel I m a total healthy person ! Super effective :)"

Sim March 7, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been a long time suffer of pain I have always taken very good care of my body as I enjoy life but working on the farm thirty some odd years ago it was "a walk it off attitude" and "I've got to finish out the day..." so I kind of adapted that attitude well with time. Chiropractors and years later neck surgery. Now lower back is giving me bad pain. I've been to pain clinic's for years. I have found this The best thing for pain is prednisone - its great for inflammation, it also has many other beneficial effects. Look it up on the web. "

Michigan Melissa (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2019

For Skin Rash: "Had dark red spots on my arms and legs that would itch. After wrongly being diagnosed with scabies, I went back to the dermatologist for a proper diagnosis. They said it was Pityriasis Rosea. Was prescribed prednisone, 15 day taper. 6 days in, and my symptoms are starting to heal pretty good. Not completely gone, but harder to find spots now that have that deep red color."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Have a herniated disc. Took me over 30 minutes to get out of bed two days in a row. Was in tremendous amount of pain. Within 12 hours of taking Predinsone I noticed a huge difference in my pain threshold. It went from 9 (scale 1 to 10) to 4 the first day. Now day 4, I’m at a 1."

Slifer February 22, 2019

For Lichen Sclerosus: "Any time I am given Prednisone for my COPD flares my LS gets better, no itch, no burn, no sores. As soon as I stop like 3 days later if that, the symptoms come back and are very bad. I wonder if my Dr will give me low daily dose to see if it stops my LS flares?"

sfinch (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For Eczema: "I am 55 and have used prednisone 4 times now, some of the doses were for approx 3 weeks and weaning off on a low amount taking every other day towards the end. Each time it has worked wonders and my skin managed to stay clear for sometime. I had no side effects. This week my skin was so bad, itchy puffy eyes, arms so uncomfortable I could hardly type at work, and severely affecting my sleeping. I have been prescribed with 3 days of 30mg as a short sharp dose. Within hours I felt better and my skin is clearing up, feeling and looking better. This is a shorter dose that my previous times and no weaning off time but maybe thats because its only 3 days. I think its marvellous and such a revelation to feel "normal" . No one can understand how eczema feels unless they have it ."

tezza (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed 30mg/day for 4 days along with antibiotics for a nasty sinus infection. It has helped significantly with the headache pain and hopefully is helping drain the infection. I barely noticed any side effects honestly, and I was quite nervous because of all the reviews online. I maybe felt a little jittery the first day, but that may have just been anticipatory anxiety."

George (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "What a miracle. I am 35 and have had over 50 gout attacks already. Colchicine makes me sick as a dog. I have not tried indomethacin but I have a weak stomach. Take prilosec and 40 mg day 1, then day 2 take 30mg, then day 3 take 20mg and then day 4 take 10mg and I guarantee you will be walking in the first 12 hours. While still drinking beer and eating anything. I tried cherry juice everyday. For some reason my doctor won't give me allopurinol. But trust me. Low dose prednisone is more than enough to stop a bad gout attack. I'm at 14 hours from being in horrible pain to walking around with a slight pain off of only 35 mg to start. My only side effect is urination every 2 hours"

Mattcutrone24 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

For Skin Rash: "It really gets rid of your rash but I experienced the most painful itching I've never had in my entire life. Like 50 mosquitos on my stomach. Took one 60 mg tablet."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For COPD: "Other than suppressing my appetite, I don't get the bad reactions. But it sure helps me breath when I go through the occasional " coughing" spells, where I can barely catch my breath ! Even without insurance, it is a cheap drug too! ($8) Mine was 10 mg. Taper off about 11 days, total."

Cianne (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Sinusitis: "By taking to many prednisone steroid shots I developed diabetics and went into ketosis my sugar levels were at 300. This med. really works and made me feel wonderful. But now I no longer can take it. Any suggestions."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Immunosuppression: "Prednisone has saved my life many times because of autoimmune problems. Going through my 4th flare now."

mdtex (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For Eczema: "Taking prednisilone for severe, all over, itchy rash, started 10 days ago on 20mg reducing down over 4 weeks. It has made absolutely no difference to my skin and I have terrible abdominal bloating."

Loco (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Been dealing with gout for 3 years and have had 4 pretty nasty flare-ups, the last two being excruciating. Colchicine only made it worse. Indomethacin offered little relief. Finally I had enough and went to the doctor to talk about finding a different solution. We talked through what worked and what didn’t and he suggested Prednisone. 50mg for 7 days. My pain level was an 8/10 when I took my first pill and dropped to about 2/10 less than 2 hours. 2 days later and I’m 95% pain free! Absolutely amazing. If something isn’t working for you then be proactive with yourself and your doctor and explore new solutions. Another thing that works for me when it’s hours/days before I can get to the doctor. - 10 Oz of Pure Tart Cherry juice Followed by Glass of cold h20, 1 tbls of apple cider vinegar, juice from a lemon, tsp of turmeric, splash of Cherry Juice to dilute for better taste."

belly December 19, 2018

For Eczema: "Ahh...where to start... ok, I'm 34yrs old, never had any type of issue with my skin, rarely get pimples or any skin blemishes at all. So you can probably understand my confusion couple months back when the edges on the underside of my hands and my palms started getting little zit like bumps, and the itch and irritation that ensued. I go to the doctor and get a steroid shot and a diagnosis of "Dihydrous eczema"and sent on my way. Here's the thing, it will dry the eczema up ...and fast... buuut, it only lasts while you take the meds, and made my infected areas peel thick layers of skin off. I've had success with the 2 creams I have now, not the ones I had been given at first. But, if I come in contact with certain leathers, it will immediately break out again. So, if the condition is severe, take the medicine.. I did. But get Fluocinonide cream, that is better long term."

Nickels December 14, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Fantastic. Had gout twenty years severe attack’s every few months tried allopurinol made it worse used ibuprofen like sweets plus colchicine on holiday spent week in bed at huge expense and near divorce. Then chemist gave me prednisolone ! Amazing been on it ever since can't live without it plus gave up beer ! Great stuff"

Kennyboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "This drug can destroy your life! Was given this for psoriatic arthritis by a so called specialist and the side effects ten years later are Cushings Syndrome and 2 life threatening infections. In the last 5 years I have had 3 hip surgeries( 1 side twice ) an ankle fusion, other ankle still needs to be done, half a lung removed and still have many medical issues that effect my quality of life. Please check to see if this drug is worth it for your condition because I am 46 and my daily life is horrible because of Prednisone!"

Life Ruined December 4, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Taken first tablet today after dinner. I’m 27 and had these pains for 5 years with the doctors been somewhat stumped has to what was causing the swelling and pain in my feet, elbows and knees. I ended up really poorly in hospital with a peptic stomach ulcer due to all the ibuprofen I were taking to stem the swelling. Whilst there they finally found it that I had gout and gave me allopurinol which I’ve been taking for two weeks now (not reducing the pain.) hoping the prednisone works. Looking at other reviews, I’m hoping to be back walking by the morning "

Big sav December 1, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "I had 4 lime size mosquito bites on my thighs and over the counter allergy medicine didn't work. My doctor prescribed me prednisone 20mg 2 tablets once a day for 5 days. Within 6 hours the swelling and redness started going away. I'm on day 2 and so far no side effects. I'm impressed at how quickly this medicine took effect"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago. The symptoms have gradually gotten worse in that time, mental fog, joint pain, muscle pain, lack of energy. I am on a good diet of more natural foods and find that the energy side isn't too bad normally. I was prescribed prednisolone for gout, and low and behold ALL my symptoms improved. Pain, energy, clarity all were markedly improved. When I ceased treatment the symptoms returned and I have been on and off the pred for about 2 months. When I take it, I can (and want to) do stuff it is wonderful. On my first return to the docs I told her she had cured me. Imagine my disappointment when I was told I could stay on it. Well the fibro is not getting any better so the doc has re-prescribed pred for my symptoms to get a read of where I am at. Will keep you posted."

Greg H (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Eczema: "I’ve been struggling a new onset unknown blotchy rashes on my face that get worse with exercise. I’ve never dealt with severe skin conditions and now my face looks scary at age40! After several different topicals for rosacea and contact dermatitis my internist gave me a medrol 5 day pack. It started to calm overnight and cooled out on my intense workouts. After stopping a couple days though it’s still heating up but not as bad with moderate exercise. I’m struggling and going to try a second round but this is really hard to deal with and pin point why it’s happening. I fear this steroid is just a bandaid"

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I am taking 20 mg twice a day for sinusitis that I've had for over two months. I am on day 3 of a 5 day course. The side effects are very bad but my condition has improved. Last night, I actually slept, first time in 2 months. I'll be glad when the last pred. pill is gone, having trouble driving because of dizziness."

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I experienced sudden, debilitating pain, diagnosed as achilles tendonitis. My doctor prescribed a short course of prednisone. I took the prescribed dose as soon as I got home. The next morning I was completely pain free! I am always hesitant to take it because of the side effects, but it is a miracle drug for me!!"

Gma (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018