User Reviews for Prednisone

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1.0
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.7 623 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

Merry June 9, 2020

For Systemic Sclerosis: “I was 1st diagnosed with systemic lupus then it went to systemic scleroderma in 3 months also Ana pos dual and scl70 pos. I finally got a little relief from prednisone. I was on a 30mg pill prescription. On it at least I could try to walk. To those out there. Do be afraid to try it. Had my blood work redone and waiting.”

JD · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “I have had attacks of gout for the last few years. I am now 70 years old, retired Army, and have always excercised regularly till about 65. My Gout started in the big toe and since has spread to my fingers knees etc. I was given 20 MG of Prednisone 7 tablets. After taking two the pain has almost completely gone from my fingers and knees. I play the Guitar and this seems to have started the last attack. I have tried allopurinol, meloxicam and Celebrex with no good results. Always had to take Ibuprofen with stomach problems like heartburn. What are the side effects of Prednisone. I wish there was something that could be taken that would keep this stuff down without side effects. That would be wonderful. Any suggestions?”

Big Hank · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I believe that this prednisone is what finally fixed my sinusitis. No side effects! Thank You Jesus”

Aniwren · Taken for 10 years or more May 25, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “In 1996 I saw a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. At that time I had begun to get the nagging aches and pains which were still tolerable. I was prescribed gabapentin. It worked for the most part. I also have asthma and tend to get bronchitis. My Drs prescribe prednisone. Within 24 hours I find I feel pretty good. The pain dissipates, and finally I get some relief. All these years later I have almost unbearable pain. So many medication I can't take, but look forward to a round of Prednisone.”

JtheBSG May 24, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Maybe I did not read down far enough but there seemed to be little "help" offered. Here is what I have: Epsom salt baths. ES is full of magnesium and magnesium works against inflammation. Cabbage has 5 major anti-inflammatory compounds. Eat all the vinegar based coleslaw you want! Fat releases a group of highly inflammatory compounds known as cykotines. Lose fat and you greatly reduce their effects. Drink lots of water. Tumeric has terrific anti-inflammatory compounds and rheumatologists acknowledge this. Red meat, fried foods, processed foods and dairy will definitely NOT help. The stomach can cause inflammation. Use a probiotic. You must get rid of negative influences like people who are constantly bringing up the negative and saying things to increase worry. When you have someone whose entire conversation is doom and gloom ... they need to go!”

DenverMike · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “I’ve had bouts of gout in my foot — big toe — through the years, perhaps twice a year. I just road through the pain without medication and typically recovered in a few days. A day ago, I ended up with truly unbearable pain in my knee that grew worse by the hour. I had a telemedicine visit with my doctor — it was Saturday late afternoon and I was incapable of walking without screaming and needed help. My doc prescribed prednisone. One tablet and a couple hours later I can only walk. While I’m still in some pain, it’s not constant and it’s tolerable. Prednisone has proven a godsend in my case.”

Sarah Connor. · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

For Eczema: “My eczema was bad as a teenager and on and off again during my 20s and 30s, but after I gave birth to my daughter in my late 30s it came back with a vengeance. A doctor put me on one course of prednisone and my eczema went into remission for a full year. After that it never came back as bad and I used ointment to treat minor flare ups. Now in my sixties just a tiny bit every now and then. I think dairy free is a good way to go for the younger people with this condition. Eczema stinks. It’s horrible and I really suffered when I was a teen.”

phil · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I have had psoriasis for years, but it turned really bad a few years ago. My the tops of my feet were completely raw oozing, and unhealable. I finally went to the Dermatologist, who wanted to run patch tests, but I insisted he treat me at once. I was prescribed a Prednisone for ~2 week period with Methotrexate and blood testing to assure no liver damage. My skin was completely clear everywhere, for the first time in my life -for at least 2 years. Also, using otc moisturizers daily has helped.”

Lizzy · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Psoriasis: “Hi, on the first day of takin prednisone the itch stop and the psoriasis started to disappear, but mine was not severe "thank God " my only worries is that it keeps you up at night and I love to sleep, lol and I hope I don't get any hair loss, lol”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “I have had fibromyalgia type pain, stinging, burning and aches in muscles and hips for years. Recently I started getting severe aches and stiffness in my hands hips and feet. I could barely walk in AM, Coincidently I got a steriod shot in my foot for planar fasciatis--and all my pain and stiffness went away. After about 4 months it came back. I got a shot in the other foot for another type of pain, and again all my swollen joints and pain and stiffness went away. My rings would not come off until after the shot. After the second shot wore off, I went on prednisone. After two days 10 mgs for 1, 40mgs for day two, my hands are back to normal, hip pain is gone, and muscle aches too. I can remove my rings again. I can bend easily, walk down stairs in AM easily. Sleep without waking from hip pain. It is working for me. I don't know if this means I may have RA or not.”

Shazza · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “Omg I can't believe what I'm reading.. I've been treated for fybro for 3 yrs and all the meds did nothing I continued because I hoped one day it would start to work. I got a problem with my eye and like spiders web and went to hospital who gave me this steroid drop to reduce this. Well within 9hrs I felt like I could run round block. I could bend, lift, bake, cook, clean and pain free. I stopped all meds for fybro and use the drops for a week. The doctor didn't know any connection ?? Anyway 6 months later and in starting to go down hill again the pains are doing my head in..(I still have the black ring in my eye) my eye consultant rang me while I was in lockdown and I told him and that I still have the ring I can see...he prescribed me some more drops.......and whatya know....7 drops later the pains are easing. My doctor wont listen to me at all..they work....”

Safa April 24, 2020

For Allergic Reactions: “An ear infection and nerve compression resulted in bell’s palsy when my doctor prescribed prednisone tablet omnacortil 20mg full tablet morning and evening for five days and then reduced the dose slowly for next five days then only half tablet in a day next 5 days. As this drug can cause severe side effects such as confusion and allergies. This tablet worked for me for the infection BUTTT as soon as I stopped using it my face neck started itching badly with severe acne all over them and then I went to a skin specialist and acne went off in a week but left the black spots all over....it’s better to take any other substitute of this drug cause I have been read a lot of reviews on this drug causing side effects and now my own worst experience”

a 22 year old female April 20, 2020

For Allergic Reactions: “I took prednisone for about three days out of the five, because my symptoms began to lessen. The first day I felt so emotional and wanted to cry but was confused why I was so sad/angry. Medically speaking, the swelling subsided and I could breathe. Day 2 I wake up feeling INCREDIBLE I have so much energy and can’t stop smiling plus my eyes are white as could be and no swelling. I stay up almost all night because I can’t stop working. Day 3 I feel even better today and easily run 4 miles, complete a five hour case, work through the night, and my eyes are perfectly normal. On day 4 I decide to stop taking prednisone because my eyes are no longer swollen or red. On this day I felt weak, tired, and depressed. Day 5 my eyes become a little bloodshot again but no puffiness. Overall, I think the drug was a miracle for me but it definitely has an effect on your mind. For me, this was a bonus because I became much more productive and only had one day of negative emotions while taking.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “Hi friends, I'm 47 years old and had my first gout experiences 5 years go. I am very fit and not a big drinker or consumer or organ meat, shell fish, or red meat. Not withstanding, I suffer about 2- 3 “gout attacks” in either of my big toes, and even middle toes once. Prednisone was a miracle drug. 5 days 50 mg per day my dose. Relief within 4-6 hours. And yes get a refill and have some at home (my only mistake). No fun putting a sock and running shoe on as all know.”

I have been taking · Taken for 10 years or more April 18, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I only do bits around cos I get very tired & no energy I have fibromyalgia so I don't know what effect I get from taking prednisolone. I have a bad chest plus other medications.”

Edie · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

For Allergic Reactions: “I took prednisone before and it was very helpful for asthma, and it was great. Now though, I took 20 mgs and I'm EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. My face hurts and stings. My ears feel like they're full of cotton or something. My anxiety is very bad. Struggling to just lay down and wait it out. My face burns but isn't red.”

John April 13, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “Prescribed 40mg for 4 days and then tapering down from there. I experienced relief in an hour but was having an extremely painful episode so any improvement was immediately noticeable. I drink 20 oz of water with the medication and another 40oz throughout the day and here on the second day the pain is nearly gone. The only side effect I've had is that the steriod makes me very hungry and I've been eating a lot of steak, shrimp and candy. If you do better than me and eat a healthier diet then you should recover even more quickly.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Prednisone is the worst medicine I have ever taken very dangerous, if not prescribed correctly for me I ended up with about 12 of the side effects. It is not fun at all and to top it all off I'm still not doing well didn't work for what the doc thought it was always look at the side effects and pay attention !!!”

Mate · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Allergic Reactions: “I wish I would have read all these informative reviews before starting Prednisone. I will start by saying it was effective in addressing/suppressing my allergic reaction. However, I believe something else could have helped just as well. I just realized through all the reviews that I was experiencing side effects to the medication. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why my blood pressure was increasing daily, the random chills, sweaty feet, random body temp changes, increase, loss of appetite, lack of mental clarity, anxiety flare ups. I now am wrestling with trying to get my mental state back. I am constantly second guessing everything I do like breathing, walking and talking. I find it extremely hard to concentrate without thinking I’m losing it. I just want my mind back. I wish my doctor would have done more research before prescribing me something so potent. I just encourage anyone considering this med to consider the risk. Each persons body responds differently.”

Helpless · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “Had been down with gout for three weeks. Flare came after taking albuterol ,which states as a side effect massive gout attack. I had the worst attack of my life. I have suffered for twenty years and this was the worst ever. Prednisone was prescribed and first day I had 50% reduction in pain and swelling. Three days and 90% pain free. I have to find a way to keep it in my life. It seems to be all that works.”

Tess · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

For Allergic Reactions: “Prednisone took away first experience with hives but caused seizure the day of withdrawal from drug. No underlying conditions, no interaction with any other drug. Suffered with pins and needles in arms and legs for over two days after stopping drug. Only on it for 4 days. No hives, but side effects scary and uncomfortable.”

James · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

For Eczema: “My eczema spread throughout my body and was a big issue. I used prednisone for the eczema and it didn't completely get rid of it but it did reduce the severity. However, a couple days after, the eczema returned.”

Kuhio Terrace · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

For Asthma: “Had asthma last week Monday early morning, was in ER room 6 hours , breathing treatment, walked few minutes hallway of my ward to see if my dizziness an doxygen levels were good : excellent ”

Wheezy · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 14, 2020

For Asthma: “On prednisone at 20mg for 10 days fixes my wheezing every time! My side effects are enlarged pupils, anxiousness, and cloudy headed. But I love the fact I can breathe clearly again after I take it! I've been taking prednisone 2 to 3 times a year for 10 years.”

Arnie · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Gouty Arthritis: “Had it for 3 days now with gout and has not touched my gout still throbbing like I got gout yesterday”