User Reviews for Prednisone

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 39 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.7 496 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For Asthma: "I have taken prednisone on a tapered dose for asthma flare-ups twice. My first tapered dose lasted 3 days and my second lasted 8 days. The prednisone worked extremely well in controlling my asthma and is a great short term solution. However, both times I have taken prednisone I have felt awful in every other way. I slept for 16 hours through the entire day, had no appetite, was extremely nauseous, had an erratic heart beat, night sweats, and mood swings. In the future, I'll ask if the shorter duration of 3 days will suffice for controlling my asthma symptoms. Prednisone is a necessary evil."

2legit2quit (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "I had my first gout attack at age 50. Now at 60, attacks seem to be more frequent. Ibuprofen 800 mg barely takes the edge off the pain but Prednisolone is a life saver. Prednisone is very good but Prednisolone works much faster and does not have to be metabolized by the liver. Within 2 or 3 hours after the first dose, the swelling was down and I was able to walk without a limp. Wonderful Medicine!!!"

Don (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Suffer from chronic sinusitis and for me prednisone has been a game changer. I can't afford the ballonplasty surgery so this is my best option. After 1st day my inflammation reduced and the yellow goop finally started draining. My sinus holes are too small. I use nasacort, sinupulse machine, vapor, nasacort...nothing resolves my infections better than antibiotics and 12 days of prednisone. With high dose first 3 days ,then drop."

JC83 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2019

For Bursitis: "Have had chronic hip bursitis (both hips) for several years. Prednisone prescribed @ 40mg reducing to 20mg second & 3rd days then 10, 10, 5 &5. I was virtually unable to walk due to the pain at the start then the pain was completely gone by second morning. It returns, but less frequently than injections."

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

For COPD: "Had a terrible reaction. After day 1 I couldn't stop coughing and a lot of black phlegm came up. Day 3 I started to turn red, I got this during a holiday weekend and my doctor was out of town so I just finished the prescription. The experience was terrible and I was taking it for a lung infection. It didn't help."

Bert (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "I am 46 in decent shape and started getting gout about 2 years ago, my 2 uncles have it. I have had about 5 flare ups in 2 years as it get in my right ankle and left knee from old sports injuries. I have always been prescribed colchicine. It always did the trick after a few days, usually 2 or 3. I had a flare being last Friday and took my colchicine dose right at onset. Monday I was still very swollen and sore enough. Went to my quick clinic and the NP was new and gave me prednisone for the 1st time. I have had it for other aliments, but not this. Holy moly, miracle drug. Took the 3 pills at 6:30pm, was getting better by 9 and woke up at 6:30am knee just about completely fine. Took the 2nd set today, it is 1:36pm my right knee is completely un-swollen and pain free. My ski trip is back on this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus it cost 12 bucks for the regiment, 3 colchicine pills would have been 14 bucks."

Jimbob April 16, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "I got prednisone and it was unbelievably fast pain relief from gout attacks. I can take one 30mg tab when a gout flare up begins and it stops it within the hour. If you have gout attacks you owe it to yourself to try it. Better living through Chemistry!"

Jay (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "Had several gout flare ups over the past decade. The first couple I just dealt with the pain, took Ibuprofen (barely touched the pain) and suffered. Then a doctor said why suffer when you don’t have to? Took first dose of prednisone 60mg of a 6 day tapering off dose, and a couple hours later I was 95% back to normal! Never going to suffer through gout pain again - prednisone is literally a miracle drug for gout!"

Coffeelover777 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Prednisone was a miracle drug for me I was in bed for 2 weeks hurting unable to move and this drug stopped it within 5 hours."

Doc April 3, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Day 3 of constant forehead and temple pain and pressure along with stiffness on my neck. I was taking 1000mg of tyleno and 200mg of Aleve and they were not working. I was considering going the ER as I was in tears at day 3. I have a really high pain threshold and when my husband saw me in tears he got concerned. Before making the trip to the ER I decided to use the app resource through my insurance. He diagnosed me with a sinus headache and prescribed 10mg of Prednisone. My first dose was 60mg. Within an hour I began to feel relief. I was really amazed at how quickly and efficiently it treated the awful main and pressure I felt."

atxblueviolet (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2019

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed Prednisone for sinus infection and ear blockage. My wife told me I didn't need a steroid. I was prescribed this by an Urgent Care "doctor". I was given a 14 day antibiotic and the steroid. While taking the steroid for 12 days, I gained 6 lbs, had severe insomnia every night, diarrhea 2 or 3 times a day, no energy at all. I was extremely irritable and very difficult to be around. I should've listened to my wife and requested what works for me, zpak and went on my way. No more doc in a box for me, and no more prednisone."

Darryl (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had fibro for 19 yrs, now on butran opioid patch 15 mcg, Norco 7.5 tree times a day, Nabutome 500mg three times a day, plus Effexor and Lexapro. Pain gradually worsened to pain constant and fatigue. Started falling and now being tested for MS or myasthenia gravis due to neck lesion and inflammation. This is my review of the 3 day high dose IVMP (IV methylprednisolone) 1000 MG DAILY, I haven't felt this good in 10 yrs with my fibromyalgia. Pain is so improved, you forget how bad you really do feel until the pain clears. I don't know what the future holds but steroids have to sit in there somewhere. Slight headache and a bit of insomnia so far."

Cleve kid (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "Been laid up with PAINFUL gout for 3 wks. After much frustration and long suffering waiting for NSAID's meds to deliver any degree of relief. Night pain was twice as excruciating! NO SLEEP! MISERABLE! Went to see my Podiatrist, he x rayed, examined my foot he's final analysis, GOUT. He prescribed Prednisone as a daily dose for 6 days. Got home, begin the first day dosage, PRESTO, 2 hrs later pain free! UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you Lord for medical technology...Prednisone, Savvy Doctors!! The reviews are of the uttermost encouraging! Thank you!"

Fdh (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

For Asthma: "I am shocked at all of these negative reviews. I’ve take prednisone on and off for several years (short durations) when my asthma flares up. I have allergy induced asthma so it’s every spring and recently I’ve acquired fall allergies within the last two years. IT WORKS WONDERS. It cures my tight chest, wheezing and cough like no other. I’ve never had any side effect from Prednisone and it doesn’t make me jittery or anything. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Love the stuff, just got some today and excited to finally be able to breath and sleep!"

Kim March 19, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "After multiple gout attacks in the past few years, I have found that dehydration and minor injuries/ overworking tend to trigger flare ups in my feet and and ankles. I have found that taking prednisone at the first sign of a gout flare up can completely prevent a full blown attack from happening. In the event you don’t have any pills at the first sign of the attack and it goes full blown, taking prednisone will reduce the pain and swelling by 50% in the first few hours, and you will be walking without an aid in 24 hours. If you have a physical job, you will be back to work within 2-3 days. Don’t let it drag on for weeks, tell the doctor you want prednisone, and if you have frequent attacks, try to get some extra for the next time you feel one coming on. Also if you are having regular attacks you should get a preventive med eg. allopurinol this will prevent you getting the crystals building up."

Anonymous 35yo (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Asthma: "I had the flu which flared up my Asthma. Prednisone does work..but it causes me to sweat really bad..and causes cramps in my body. Grateful that it's a tapered med."

Southern Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019

For Pharyngitis: "Was having high fever and whole body ache, also the worst sore throat in my life! After taking 2 tabs of 5 mg prednisolone with paracetamol, within an hour, I feel I m a total healthy person ! Super effective :)"

Sim March 7, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been a long time suffer of pain I have always taken very good care of my body as I enjoy life but working on the farm thirty some odd years ago it was "a walk it off attitude" and "I've got to finish out the day..." so I kind of adapted that attitude well with time. Chiropractors and years later neck surgery. Now lower back is giving me bad pain. I've been to pain clinic's for years. I have found this The best thing for pain is prednisone - its great for inflammation, it also has many other beneficial effects. Look it up on the web. "

Michigan Melissa (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2019

For Skin Rash: "Had dark red spots on my arms and legs that would itch. After wrongly being diagnosed with scabies, I went back to the dermatologist for a proper diagnosis. They said it was Pityriasis Rosea. Was prescribed prednisone, 15 day taper. 6 days in, and my symptoms are starting to heal pretty good. Not completely gone, but harder to find spots now that have that deep red color."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Have a herniated disc. Took me over 30 minutes to get out of bed two days in a row. Was in tremendous amount of pain. Within 12 hours of taking Predinsone I noticed a huge difference in my pain threshold. It went from 9 (scale 1 to 10) to 4 the first day. Now day 4, I’m at a 1."

Slifer February 22, 2019

For Lichen Sclerosus: "Any time I am given Prednisone for my COPD flares my LS gets better, no itch, no burn, no sores. As soon as I stop like 3 days later if that, the symptoms come back and are very bad. I wonder if my Dr will give me low daily dose to see if it stops my LS flares?"

sfinch (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For Eczema: "I am 55 and have used prednisone 4 times now, some of the doses were for approx 3 weeks and weaning off on a low amount taking every other day towards the end. Each time it has worked wonders and my skin managed to stay clear for sometime. I had no side effects. This week my skin was so bad, itchy puffy eyes, arms so uncomfortable I could hardly type at work, and severely affecting my sleeping. I have been prescribed with 3 days of 30mg as a short sharp dose. Within hours I felt better and my skin is clearing up, feeling and looking better. This is a shorter dose that my previous times and no weaning off time but maybe thats because its only 3 days. I think its marvellous and such a revelation to feel "normal" . No one can understand how eczema feels unless they have it ."

tezza (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed 30mg/day for 4 days along with antibiotics for a nasty sinus infection. It has helped significantly with the headache pain and hopefully is helping drain the infection. I barely noticed any side effects honestly, and I was quite nervous because of all the reviews online. I maybe felt a little jittery the first day, but that may have just been anticipatory anxiety."

George (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Gouty Arthritis: "What a miracle. I am 35 and have had over 50 gout attacks already. Colchicine makes me sick as a dog. I have not tried indomethacin but I have a weak stomach. Take prilosec and 40 mg day 1, then day 2 take 30mg, then day 3 take 20mg and then day 4 take 10mg and I guarantee you will be walking in the first 12 hours. While still drinking beer and eating anything. I tried cherry juice everyday. For some reason my doctor won't give me allopurinol. But trust me. Low dose prednisone is more than enough to stop a bad gout attack. I'm at 14 hours from being in horrible pain to walking around with a slight pain off of only 35 mg to start. My only side effect is urination every 2 hours"

Mattcutrone24 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

For Skin Rash: "It really gets rid of your rash but I experienced the most painful itching I've never had in my entire life. Like 50 mosquitos on my stomach. Took one 60 mg tablet."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019