User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Gouty Arthritis

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 37 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.6 442 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For Skin Rash: "WOW every time I take it make my rash go away"

Jojo (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my 5th dose of Humira 5 days ago I'm doing horrible. I only had two days of relief after I took the 4th what am I going to expect for my six ? I just don't know if I can keep doing this without knowing something and my rheumatologist refuses to tell me anything. What should I do? Every morning I wake up with such severe pain in a different joints , It's unbelievably hard I have since also been to those diagnosed with a condition called calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate (CPPD) crystal deposition disease. I don't know if that is what's making me the pain so much worse but I need help."

KarenMo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Eczema: "My doctor noticed I had very low blood platelets when I went in for my regular physical. He sent me to an oncologist for further evaluation and I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia or ITP, an autoimmune disease. He prescribed prednisone, 30MG per day which was eventually lowered to 10MG as my platelets count improved. It so happened that I also had eczema which I noticed nearly went away as I was using prednisone. I am thinking prednisone works on eczema which must be an auto-imune disease?"

Tim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this for sinus inflammation. While it did get rid of the inflammation within a day the side effects made it not worth it. This is the worst drug I have ever taken in my life. Unless it's life or death I do NOT recommend taking this. It initially gave me a sense of euphoria, which only lasted a few days, and then I experienced the worst anxiety/depression in my life. I had no appetite. Couldn't function. Was scared to be alone was soo depressed. The worst part was that the nurse that prescribed it to me didn't inform me of these possible side effects. Many people say they take it and have no adverse reactions but I was lucky enough to be prone to the adverse reactions and they are AWFUL."

IceCream (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For COPD: "My experience is awful they started with solumedrol and now this prednisone. I hallucinate all the time sweating profusely, my vision is blurry and my breathing is worse. The hospital overdosed me I think."

Rickleon August 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in June 2018. Was told by doctors and physical therapists before that that it was osteoarthritis. Once I saw a rheumatologist, that got straightened out. She started me on Prednisone 20mg once a day and combined it with Methotrexate 10mg once a week. Just finished my 5th week. Reading all of these reviews about the different drugs is kind of scary. I go back to the rheumatologist this next week for my first follow-up. I have been lucky enough so far to not have any noticeable side effects. So far, I guess I am just looking to learn more about all of this."

zoomsister (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I've had sinus infections before, but this is the first time I've ever had prednisone prescribed along with an antibiotic. I was hesitant at first (knowing others who have taken Pred. and the side effects they experienced)...but I decided to take half a dose. I don't know if it is the Pred. or the amoxicillin that has made me feel so much better, but something has worked. This was a very severe infection and I was feeling better after the first dose. I have only taken a half-dose 4 days and am not planning to take any more of it (the Pred.). Just my 2 cents."

SBP (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis: "I developed pain and stiffness which was worst in my shoulder area. I am 69 years old, healthy, normal weight and exercise regularly. It was so bad that I needed my wife to help me get dressed. My wife dragged me to our GP doctor. He sent me for a blood test and correctly suspected Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I started 10 mg per day prednisone. Within 24 hours I was much improved. After one week I stopped taking the prednisone and the condition returned. My doctor sent me to a Rheumatologist. She put me on 15mg daily reducing the dose by 2-1/2mg per week. I was great until I got down to 5mg when some adverse symptoms returned. I will stay on the 5mg until I return to the Rheumatologist in three weeks. This has been a miracle drug for me. I have observed no side effects."

Jessek (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had 14 years suffering with crippling pain in abdomen. Just last year I was diagnosed with Nerve Entrapment Syndrome from previous abdominal surgeries. I currently take 200mg of lyrica every day along with Cymbalta. I have had extreme pain recently and my dr have me 5 days of prednisone. This medication has decreased my pain drastically. I have suffered from side affects like increased sweating (just of my face), lack of sleep, nightmares when I do, and a really bad chemical looking burn in my throat down my esophagus. It is hard to talk and swallow. I will put the side affects aside and take this again to make my quality of life better."

A Hendrix (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I have been recently diagnosed to have crohn's disease, I was advised to start Humira injections but I was too scared. So I decided to go for Prednisolone. I began with 40 mg per day. Symptoms of crohn's soon improved but the side effects of prednisone itself were really really nasty. I have lightheadedness, spinning in my head, weakness of muscles, unable to walk normally, blurred vision, dryness of eyes and mouth, shaking hands, insomnia, increase appetite, skin rash, panic like attacks. I eventually got Humira and now tapering down the prednisolone. ( I've been on prednisolone for more than a month)"

Sara July 9, 2018

For Eczema: "I have always struggled with eczema and my doctor prescribed prednisone. With it being a steroid, he didn't want the prescription to be permanent with myself being a minor still. I was almost completely clear and I ran out of the prednisone and the doctor wouldn't give us more. I was so sad. My eczema returned immediately. I was very happy with it though. (My eczema was REALLY bad because I working detassling corn and it was irritating my skin so bad it hurt to shower.)"

Tiredeczemastruggler (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I had swelling and soreness left side of face, from sinus. Z pac of pred. Got rid if it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been struggling with fibro and degenerative arthritis in my neck. A few months ago I broke out in a massive, welty rash on my torso, no clue as to the origin. I was given a shot and oral steroids. I felt 16 again! I am now trying low dose intermittent prednisone and my once debilitating symptoms are under control. I have my life back!"

kitty (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This drug gave me a voracious appetite and did nothing to improve my plaque psoriasis."

Larry (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Lichen Planus: "Prednisone worked great, my doctor gave me a large prescription of 30mg doses to take for 2-3 weeks at a time during my lichen planus outbreaks. Combined with other topical medication my spots disappeared quite quickly as they show up on my genitals. You can imagine how terrifying and anxious this can make you. Couldn't have been more happy with my results."

Patient (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Temporal arteritis Giant cell arteritis Side effects daunting"

Sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "have used prednisone for systemic osteoarthritis flareups in my hands and back. it is wonder drug, nothing works as well!"

BigRed (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed to this medication about two days ago. I had had a really bad sinus congestion. I had to go into the emergency room. I had a severe blockage in both nostrils. I couldn't breathe for three days and the doctors at one point was 'lady we can not help you' and then the doctor was like 'ok I'll put you on prednisone for 5 days dosage of 60mg' I was scared at first knowing it's was a steroids. But kid you not in an hour and half I was breathing again. I felt like I was living again..."

Triple T (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

For Psoriasis: "Predisone made my psoriasis worse - experienced lots of new patches and of a different type whilst taking it. Had plaque psoriasis at the start and during the dosage developed guttate, pustular and inverse patches which had not been present prior to starting the drug. And I got nearly all the side effects."

Nanny (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Bursitis: "Hip bursitis 6 weeks with pain in hip area, running down thigh, involved knee, entire calf and foot/toes at times. Ibuprofen and prescribed Robaxin helped about ten percent; leg continued to ache, with me limping and leg nearly giving out at times. Yesterday doc injected long-acting prednisone mixed with numbing agent lidocaine into hip bursa. It is 18 hours later and I am nearly painfree!! The lidocaine works first, quickly, then prednisone slowly provides strong anti-inflammatory effects. The shot was virtually painless...I would recommend this treatment modality to anyone who is not allergic to these meds. So much relief!!"

Loupn (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Helped take my pain away in 3 Days!"

Len Kubinsky April 23, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I've taken this twice now, the first time for severe hives and second time for a sinus infection. Both times in high doses (60mg)/day, tapering down after several days. It is effective, and quickly, however I hate the side effects. I would not recommend taking at night as it gives me tons of energy and keeps me awake. I tend to get hot flashes or steep changes in temperature, and VERY irritable. When you are in so much discomfort, you'll take anything to make it go away. I guess the pros benefit the cons, although I'm not fond of this medication overall."

Lo (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Please ask your GP about being treated with Allopurinol for Gout. It is a preventative medication which greatly reduces the chance of repeated attacks when prescribed appropriately. https://rheumatology.org.au/patients/documents/Allopurinol_2016_002.pdf"

Jon April 11, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA and had the opinion and experimentation of drugs from 6 different doctors and none worked. Until one day, my 7th Dr prescribed prednisolone (prednisone). Less than 24hrs after taking it, I felt so much better. I began to do things on my own again like hold a teacup, stand or walk faster than I had in almost 2 years. The pain I felt every night and woke with evey morning was now manageable. The moon face, weight gain were small prices to pay to be able to comb my own hair. I've weaned off from 20mg to 2.5mg per day and that was great. But after a flare I was forced to up my dosage again. Learning how to manage it with prednisone helps. Side effects of long term use is important, but having the ability to live a normal life while having RA is a gift. Do what works for you."

Nini April 9, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was originally prescribed Prednisone back in February 2016 to treat a very rare and serious case of Eosinophilic Pneumonia (EP). I had been coughing up large volumes of phlegm, my nose would not stop running and my ears had been plugged for months. At 60mg/day as a starting dose, I had a fair amount of side effects (water retention, thirst, swelling knees, blurred vision, night sweats and overeating). It also WORKED!! It took almost two years to completely taper off Prednisone. While at 25mg/Day I would have NO side effects but all my other symptoms would disappear: no joint pains, no rhinitis, no vitiligo, no UC, and best of all, no EP. My only problem has been trying to find a doctor that is willing to prescribe it for life. After 6 mths off, my symptoms have all returned to some degree. My EP is being kept in check with a small satchel full of inhalers. Half of which include steroids and none of which are really working. I am hoping my new doc will side with me and allow me to stay on it until I am old."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2018