User Reviews for Prednisone systemic

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 37 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.6 471 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For COPD: "Other than suppressing my appetite, I don't get the bad reactions. But it sure helps me breath when I go through the occasional " coughing" spells, where I can barely catch my breath ! Even without insurance, it is a cheap drug too! ($8) Mine was 10 mg. Taper off about 11 days, total."

Cianne (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Sinusitis: "By taking to many prednisone steroid shots I developed diabetics and went into ketosis my sugar levels were at 300. This med. really works and made me feel wonderful. But now I no longer can take it. Any suggestions."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Immunosuppression: "Prednisone has saved my life many times because of autoimmune problems. Going through my 4th flare now."

mdtex (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For Eczema: "Taking prednisilone for severe, all over, itchy rash, started 10 days ago on 20mg reducing down over 4 weeks. It has made absolutely no difference to my skin and I have terrible abdominal bloating."

Loco (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Been dealing with gout for 3 years and have had 4 pretty nasty flare-ups, the last two being excruciating. Colchicine only made it worse. Indomethacin offered little relief. Finally I had enough and went to the doctor to talk about finding a different solution. We talked through what worked and what didn’t and he suggested Prednisone. 50mg for 7 days. My pain level was an 8/10 when I took my first pill and dropped to about 2/10 less than 2 hours. 2 days later and I’m 95% pain free! Absolutely amazing. If something isn’t working for you then be proactive with yourself and your doctor and explore new solutions. Another thing that works for me when it’s hours/days before I can get to the doctor. - 10 Oz of Pure Tart Cherry juice Followed by Glass of cold h20, 1 tbls of apple cider vinegar, juice from a lemon, tsp of turmeric, splash of Cherry Juice to dilute for better taste."

belly December 19, 2018

For Eczema: "Ahh...where to start... ok, I'm 34yrs old, never had any type of issue with my skin, rarely get pimples or any skin blemishes at all. So you can probably understand my confusion couple months back when the edges on the underside of my hands and my palms started getting little zit like bumps, and the itch and irritation that ensued. I go to the doctor and get a steroid shot and a diagnosis of "Dihydrous eczema"and sent on my way. Here's the thing, it will dry the eczema up ...and fast... buuut, it only lasts while you take the meds, and made my infected areas peel thick layers of skin off. I've had success with the 2 creams I have now, not the ones I had been given at first. But, if I come in contact with certain leathers, it will immediately break out again. So, if the condition is severe, take the medicine.. I did. But get Fluocinonide cream, that is better long term."

Nickels December 14, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Fantastic. Had gout twenty years severe attack’s every few months tried allopurinol made it worse used ibuprofen like sweets plus colchicine on holiday spent week in bed at huge expense and near divorce. Then chemist gave me prednisolone ! Amazing been on it ever since can't live without it plus gave up beer ! Great stuff"

Kennyboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "This drug can destroy your life! Was given this for psoriatic arthritis by a so called specialist and the side effects ten years later are Cushings Syndrome and 2 life threatening infections. In the last 5 years I have had 3 hip surgeries( 1 side twice ) an ankle fusion, other ankle still needs to be done, half a lung removed and still have many medical issues that effect my quality of life. Please check to see if this drug is worth it for your condition because I am 46 and my daily life is horrible because of Prednisone!"

Life Ruined December 4, 2018

For Gouty Arthritis: "Taken first tablet today after dinner. I’m 27 and had these pains for 5 years with the doctors been somewhat stumped has to what was causing the swelling and pain in my feet, elbows and knees. I ended up really poorly in hospital with a peptic stomach ulcer due to all the ibuprofen I were taking to stem the swelling. Whilst there they finally found it that I had gout and gave me allopurinol which I’ve been taking for two weeks now (not reducing the pain.) hoping the prednisone works. Looking at other reviews, I’m hoping to be back walking by the morning "

Big sav December 1, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "I had 4 lime size mosquito bites on my thighs and over the counter allergy medicine didn't work. My doctor prescribed me prednisone 20mg 2 tablets once a day for 5 days. Within 6 hours the swelling and redness started going away. I'm on day 2 and so far no side effects. I'm impressed at how quickly this medicine took effect"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago. The symptoms have gradually gotten worse in that time, mental fog, joint pain, muscle pain, lack of energy. I am on a good diet of more natural foods and find that the energy side isn't too bad normally. I was prescribed prednisolone for gout, and low and behold ALL my symptoms improved. Pain, energy, clarity all were markedly improved. When I ceased treatment the symptoms returned and I have been on and off the pred for about 2 months. When I take it, I can (and want to) do stuff it is wonderful. On my first return to the docs I told her she had cured me. Imagine my disappointment when I was told I could stay on it. Well the fibro is not getting any better so the doc has re-prescribed pred for my symptoms to get a read of where I am at. Will keep you posted."

Greg H (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Eczema: "I’ve been struggling a new onset unknown blotchy rashes on my face that get worse with exercise. I’ve never dealt with severe skin conditions and now my face looks scary at age40! After several different topicals for rosacea and contact dermatitis my internist gave me a medrol 5 day pack. It started to calm overnight and cooled out on my intense workouts. After stopping a couple days though it’s still heating up but not as bad with moderate exercise. I’m struggling and going to try a second round but this is really hard to deal with and pin point why it’s happening. I fear this steroid is just a bandaid"

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I am taking 20 mg twice a day for sinusitis that I've had for over two months. I am on day 3 of a 5 day course. The side effects are very bad but my condition has improved. Last night, I actually slept, first time in 2 months. I'll be glad when the last pred. pill is gone, having trouble driving because of dizziness."

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I experienced sudden, debilitating pain, diagnosed as achilles tendonitis. My doctor prescribed a short course of prednisone. I took the prescribed dose as soon as I got home. The next morning I was completely pain free! I am always hesitant to take it because of the side effects, but it is a miracle drug for me!!"

Gma (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I took 5 mg 7 day pack of predisone and a 50 mg Toradol shot /within 2 hrs of the shot was 75 percent pain free and within 2 days on predisone was 100 percent pain free . It works for fibromyalgia pain !"

Gina (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Asthma: "I have been taking prednisone for about 12 years - off and on now. I wish I had never started taking it. I was diagnosed with age related asthma and mild copd in 2004 and started taking steroids in 2005. It was OK first of all, with just the occasional 5 days dose of 30mg. Then that didn't work and I was prescribed 7 days at 40 mg with 1 week to phase off. Then this dose only worked when I was taking it and I struggled for a couple of weeks before I had to give in and start another course. I had to be able to breath. A couple of years ago I took things into my own hands and told the Dr. I was going to try and get off of these toxic pills. His reaction was "you haven't got a choice." Maybe I haven't but I am trying, without too much success. I have been down to 8 mg. a day but then my breathing is so bad I have to put it up again to about 15 mg. I am currently on 11 mg. a day but have very little support from the NHS to succeed. It sucks!!!!"

G (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Doc said take 3 pills in morning. I took first 3 this morning. Tonight I'm burning up, arms, chest red like fire, just burning up. I'm not taking anymore more and will be seeing doc again as something not right."

Blue line (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I have been a long time sufferer of allergies since childhood and was diagnosed with chronic obstructive polyps as an adult. My allergy specialist recommend taking prednisone because I am an extreme risk for sinus surgery. I took this medication in hope that I could be able to breathe again through my nose, but alas to my dismay the medication had no effect whatsoever to shrinking my polyps in both nasal cavities and my nasal passages remain inflamed. The first round of doses of prednisone. I took for one week straight in 20 mg and tapered off and the second round started at 60mg per week tapered down to 20mg for the fifth week still no change, no shrinkage of nasal polyps and inflammation remains so bad that I am unable to get any sleep and when I am forced to mouth breathe to sleep I stop breathing all together and wake up. I'm tired, frustrated and anxious because I'm unable to breathe trough my nose."

Val October 14, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Chronic severe radiculitis neck and left shoulder. Two rotator cuff surgeries, right shoulder tendon snapped in half bicep muscle dropped. Constant pain in shoulder, severe muscle spasms left side back an also rib area back and front. Had a severe, adverse reaction to voltaren, unable to take NSAIDs. I can only take flexeril when I go to bed a tnight. I work from home 50 - 60 hrs week. Do take vitamins extra. Calcium. Etc Prednisone only thing that helps when with the severe pain I have chronically. When using as maintenance I take 3 days on and then 3 days off at a dose of 10 mg. When I have excruciating spasms I take 10 mg 2x day"

mzm (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2018

For COPD: "Unfortunately, I was an inpatient for 4 days for COPD & got hooked up to Pred in my IV, too sick to ? anything. I was sent home taking 60mg of the stuff! I was never warned about side effects, its contraindication w/ an MDD diagnosis, how it would destroy my fibromyalgia/anxiety/Inattentive ADD medication regimen efficacy, or that it would have to be slooowly tapered down. I've put on 30 lbs of weight in areas I never have before, like my neck & upper back. I have no idea how I'll lose it in time for my wedding in 6 months. After tapering down to 10 mg & just wanted to be done with it for good, I went off CT & 7 days in I couldn't urinate, eat, sleep, walk, lift anything or breathe. My hands, feet & calves swelled to 2x their normal size during this time. Having no other option, I went back on the Pred & within a day lost 15 lbs of fluid that my body held in during withdrawal. The depression, fear of becoming an invalid & excruciating pain of that week that put me in a dark place."

Ihateprednisone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Allergy doc gave me Prednisone for chronic sinus problems that resulted in a painful ear infection with bloody pus discharge. My ear hurt so bad from the inside out that it hurt too bad to even sleep on it. Ended up that the infection caused a perforated ear drum. The prednisone, along with a prescription nasal spray and antibiotics got rid of the problem. Instead of taking 4 the first day and tapering down, I spaced out 2 the first day, then took one a day thereafter. After the antibiotics ran out I held on to the remainder and spaced them out one a day every time symptoms started to flare up again. Doc gave me a refill so I can take one in a given day to help my body start to heal the sinus problem. My sinus problems are not due to hay fever or other obvious triggers, but are more year-round and likely related to my fibromyalgia and/or CNS/obstructive sleep apnea. Glad to keep these around for when literally nothing else works."

Sniffles October 4, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had fibro for about 8 years. I am well managed on duloxetine, but do experience occasional flare ups. I have been put on prednisone 4 times in 8 years (for a couple of weeks, a tapered dose). The positive effect comes within three doses, every time. Overall pain eases, the bone deep fatigues lifts and I can think again. Negatives: more trouble sleeping. I get super cranky. Marijuana helps with sleep, but the crankies I just have to wait out."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This helps tremendously with sinusitis - only good side. I was given several times over past couple years but side effects are horrible. There is the weight gain, hair loss and thinning, swollen feet, anxiety, sleeplessness, mood change, pain in hands and feet, joint pain, blurred vision etc . I do not recommend taking this drug unless absolutely necessary and if so proceed with EXTREME caution."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

For Immunosuppression: "60 mg for 10 days for Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSNHL). Fully effective. Within 8 hours of first dose, hearing distortion/loss and "something in my ear" feeling gone. Side effects: - First day only, elevated heart rate (103 bpm vs 60 bpm) and eyes felt scratchy. - Insomnia: 2 - 6 hours of sleep per night. Melatonin helped. - Brain Fog: Walked around in a daze most of the time. - Face Numbness. - Eye Issues: Eyes swollen and tight. Vision like looking through pin-holes. - Abdominal Swelling: Bloated feeling (no gas). - Lower Leg Swelling/Tightness: Had to keep socks off because they hurt my feet. Positive note, skin issues cleared up. If you have sudden hearing loss, noise, and a feeling that something's in your ear, go to the emergency room. If you have SSNHL, you only have a few days to start treatment. Otherwise, the hearing issues could be permanent."

inarlentishr September 28, 2018

For COPD: "Horrible"

Spotty September 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...