User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Cluster Headaches

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 37 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.6 453 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Chronic severe radiculitis neck and left shoulder. Two rotator cuff surgeries, right shoulder tendon snapped in half bicep muscle dropped. Constant pain in shoulder, severe muscle spasms left side back an also rib area back and front. Had a severe, adverse reaction to voltaren, unable to take NSAIDs. I can only take flexeril when I go to bed a tnight. I work from home 50 - 60 hrs week. Do take vitamins extra. Calcium. Etc Prednisone only thing that helps when with the severe pain I have chronically. When using as maintenance I take 3 days on and then 3 days off at a dose of 10 mg. When I have excruciating spasms I take 10 mg 2x day"

mzm (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2018

For COPD: "Unfortunately, I was an inpatient for 4 days for COPD & got hooked up to Pred in my IV, too sick to ? anything. I was sent home taking 60mg of the stuff! I was never warned about side effects, its contraindication w/ an MDD diagnosis, how it would destroy my fibromyalgia/anxiety/Inattentive ADD medication regimen efficacy, or that it would have to be slooowly tapered down. I've put on 30 lbs of weight in areas I never have before, like my neck & upper back. I have no idea how I'll lose it in time for my wedding in 6 months. After tapering down to 10 mg & just wanted to be done with it for good, I went off CT & 7 days in I couldn't urinate, eat, sleep, walk, lift anything or breathe. My hands, feet & calves swelled to 2x their normal size during this time. Having no other option, I went back on the Pred & within a day lost 15 lbs of fluid that my body held in during withdrawal. The depression, fear of becoming an invalid & excruciating pain of that week that put me in a dark place."

Ihateprednisone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Allergy doc gave me Prednisone for chronic sinus problems that resulted in a painful ear infection with bloody pus discharge. My ear hurt so bad from the inside out that it hurt too bad to even sleep on it. Ended up that the infection caused a perforated ear drum. The prednisone, along with a prescription nasal spray and antibiotics got rid of the problem. Instead of taking 4 the first day and tapering down, I spaced out 2 the first day, then took one a day thereafter. After the antibiotics ran out I held on to the remainder and spaced them out one a day every time symptoms started to flare up again. Doc gave me a refill so I can take one in a given day to help my body start to heal the sinus problem. My sinus problems are not due to hay fever or other obvious triggers, but are more year-round and likely related to my fibromyalgia and/or CNS/obstructive sleep apnea. Glad to keep these around for when literally nothing else works."

Sniffles October 4, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had fibro for about 8 years. I am well managed on duloxetine, but do experience occasional flare ups. I have been put on prednisone 4 times in 8 years (for a couple of weeks, a tapered dose). The positive effect comes within three doses, every time. Overall pain eases, the bone deep fatigues lifts and I can think again. Negatives: more trouble sleeping. I get super cranky. Marijuana helps with sleep, but the crankies I just have to wait out."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This helps tremendously with sinusitis - only good side. I was given several times over past couple years but side effects are horrible. There is the weight gain, hair loss and thinning, swollen feet, anxiety, sleeplessness, mood change, pain in hands and feet, joint pain, blurred vision etc . I do not recommend taking this drug unless absolutely necessary and if so proceed with EXTREME caution."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

For Immunosuppression: "60 mg for 10 days for Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSNHL). Fully effective. Within 8 hours of first dose, hearing distortion/loss and "something in my ear" feeling gone. Side effects: - First day only, elevated heart rate (103 bpm vs 60 bpm) and eyes felt scratchy. - Insomnia: 2 - 6 hours of sleep per night. Melatonin helped. - Brain Fog: Walked around in a daze most of the time. - Face Numbness. - Eye Issues: Eyes swollen and tight. Vision like looking through pin-holes. - Abdominal Swelling: Bloated feeling (no gas). - Lower Leg Swelling/Tightness: Had to keep socks off because they hurt my feet. Positive note, skin issues cleared up. If you have sudden hearing loss, noise, and a feeling that something's in your ear, go to the emergency room. If you have SSNHL, you only have a few days to start treatment. Otherwise, the hearing issues could be permanent."

inarlentishr September 28, 2018

For COPD: "Horrible"

Spotty September 27, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I have chronic sinusitis and a lot of inflammation in my nasal passages. This is the only thing that has helped. I took it for 2 weeks and I felt much better for months afterward."

alad September 23, 2018

For Cluster Headaches: "At 40 mg per day I'm pain free. Hard to know when it's safe to taper off"

T bone (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I recently had an arthritis flare- up in my lower back. The sciatica pain was almost unbearable. I have just received this drug and I feel as though it is a miracle. I did have some slight dizziness, but other than that the relief is worth it. I am only able to take Tylenol. It does not work well for serious pain and I was taking the maximum dose. I went to an urgent care center this week and after x-rays, the doctor prescribed this drug. I wish I could take a very small dose every day. My dose is fairly large- fifty mgs every twenty-four hours for one week."

mermaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "This is the drug I love to hate. While this drug works wonders at high doses to kick your colon back into working order, the side effects are what make it the worst. If you’re on too high of a dose for too long, you’ll develop moon face. Good luck getting rid of that because it takes months. If you’re on too low of a dose you’re miserable and will be begging your doctor to put you on a higher dose. You’ll almost always have sleeping issues: not being able to fall asleep, staying asleep, waking up in the middle of the night constantly, etc, so be prepared with melatonin or some type of natural sleep aid. If you’re on a high enough dose you’ll also be able to eat double your normal amount of calories, so learn to practice portion control and self control because you’ll also have cravings for anything and everything at any time of day. Also begin taking calcium and vitamin D supplements. If you are on this drug long enough, more than 3 months, you will lose bone mass"

UC sufferer August 19, 2018

For Skin Rash: "WOW every time I take it make my rash go away"

Jojo (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my 5th dose of Humira 5 days ago I'm doing horrible. I only had two days of relief after I took the 4th what am I going to expect for my six ? I just don't know if I can keep doing this without knowing something and my rheumatologist refuses to tell me anything. What should I do? Every morning I wake up with such severe pain in a different joints , It's unbelievably hard I have since also been to those diagnosed with a condition called calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate (CPPD) crystal deposition disease. I don't know if that is what's making me the pain so much worse but I need help."

KarenMo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Eczema: "My doctor noticed I had very low blood platelets when I went in for my regular physical. He sent me to an oncologist for further evaluation and I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia or ITP, an autoimmune disease. He prescribed prednisone, 30MG per day which was eventually lowered to 10MG as my platelets count improved. It so happened that I also had eczema which I noticed nearly went away as I was using prednisone. I am thinking prednisone works on eczema which must be an auto-imune disease?"

Tim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this for sinus inflammation. While it did get rid of the inflammation within a day the side effects made it not worth it. This is the worst drug I have ever taken in my life. Unless it's life or death I do NOT recommend taking this. It initially gave me a sense of euphoria, which only lasted a few days, and then I experienced the worst anxiety/depression in my life. I had no appetite. Couldn't function. Was scared to be alone was soo depressed. The worst part was that the nurse that prescribed it to me didn't inform me of these possible side effects. Many people say they take it and have no adverse reactions but I was lucky enough to be prone to the adverse reactions and they are AWFUL."

IceCream (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For COPD: "My experience is awful they started with solumedrol and now this prednisone. I hallucinate all the time sweating profusely, my vision is blurry and my breathing is worse. The hospital overdosed me I think."

Rickleon August 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in June 2018. Was told by doctors and physical therapists before that that it was osteoarthritis. Once I saw a rheumatologist, that got straightened out. She started me on Prednisone 20mg once a day and combined it with Methotrexate 10mg once a week. Just finished my 5th week. Reading all of these reviews about the different drugs is kind of scary. I go back to the rheumatologist this next week for my first follow-up. I have been lucky enough so far to not have any noticeable side effects. So far, I guess I am just looking to learn more about all of this."

zoomsister (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I've had sinus infections before, but this is the first time I've ever had prednisone prescribed along with an antibiotic. I was hesitant at first (knowing others who have taken Pred. and the side effects they experienced)...but I decided to take half a dose. I don't know if it is the Pred. or the amoxicillin that has made me feel so much better, but something has worked. This was a very severe infection and I was feeling better after the first dose. I have only taken a half-dose 4 days and am not planning to take any more of it (the Pred.). Just my 2 cents."

SBP (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis: "I developed pain and stiffness which was worst in my shoulder area. I am 69 years old, healthy, normal weight and exercise regularly. It was so bad that I needed my wife to help me get dressed. My wife dragged me to our GP doctor. He sent me for a blood test and correctly suspected Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I started 10 mg per day prednisone. Within 24 hours I was much improved. After one week I stopped taking the prednisone and the condition returned. My doctor sent me to a Rheumatologist. She put me on 15mg daily reducing the dose by 2-1/2mg per week. I was great until I got down to 5mg when some adverse symptoms returned. I will stay on the 5mg until I return to the Rheumatologist in three weeks. This has been a miracle drug for me. I have observed no side effects."

Jessek (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had 14 years suffering with crippling pain in abdomen. Just last year I was diagnosed with Nerve Entrapment Syndrome from previous abdominal surgeries. I currently take 200mg of lyrica every day along with Cymbalta. I have had extreme pain recently and my dr have me 5 days of prednisone. This medication has decreased my pain drastically. I have suffered from side affects like increased sweating (just of my face), lack of sleep, nightmares when I do, and a really bad chemical looking burn in my throat down my esophagus. It is hard to talk and swallow. I will put the side affects aside and take this again to make my quality of life better."

A Hendrix (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I have been recently diagnosed to have crohn's disease, I was advised to start Humira injections but I was too scared. So I decided to go for Prednisolone. I began with 40 mg per day. Symptoms of crohn's soon improved but the side effects of prednisone itself were really really nasty. I have lightheadedness, spinning in my head, weakness of muscles, unable to walk normally, blurred vision, dryness of eyes and mouth, shaking hands, insomnia, increase appetite, skin rash, panic like attacks. I eventually got Humira and now tapering down the prednisolone. ( I've been on prednisolone for more than a month)"

Sara July 9, 2018

For Eczema: "I have always struggled with eczema and my doctor prescribed prednisone. With it being a steroid, he didn't want the prescription to be permanent with myself being a minor still. I was almost completely clear and I ran out of the prednisone and the doctor wouldn't give us more. I was so sad. My eczema returned immediately. I was very happy with it though. (My eczema was REALLY bad because I working detassling corn and it was irritating my skin so bad it hurt to shower.)"

Tiredeczemastruggler (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I had swelling and soreness left side of face, from sinus. Z pac of pred. Got rid if it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been struggling with fibro and degenerative arthritis in my neck. A few months ago I broke out in a massive, welty rash on my torso, no clue as to the origin. I was given a shot and oral steroids. I felt 16 again! I am now trying low dose intermittent prednisone and my once debilitating symptoms are under control. I have my life back!"

kitty (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This drug gave me a voracious appetite and did nothing to improve my plaque psoriasis."

Larry (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...