User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Bullous Pemphigoid

"I took prednisonefor bullous pemphigoid four years ago. It took over six months to get diagnosed so it was bad by the time I started prednisone. At first the doctor tried CellCept, but that did not work. Prednisone immediately took care of the itching and a week or so for rash. It took a few months to be able to wean myself off it (I started at 60mg and was dropping successfully until I hit 20mg; after that, whenever I dropped, I would flare up, so I stayed at that level for something like two months). Now I only take it when I have serious flares, for only 3-4 days. As for side effects, I had insomnia, but not too bad; I did not gain weight, but my stomach did increase in size. I am perfectly willing to put up with that for the relief."

Highly effective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2016

"I have been on steroids for 2 months. First 40mg then doctor went to 30mg. It made me crazy still at 30mg. I am not handing it well . I have had Pemphigoid for 4 years now and the medicine has only helped about 20 percent. I still get flareups in my month. "

Debora Ann August 14, 2010

"Prednisone has helped me with Bullous Pemphigoid."

Virg October 30, 2009