User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 3)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 291 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Skin Rash: "I have been dealing with an itchy, red, flaky rash on my face, (chin area) for a few months. I've tried just about every over the counter cream and ointments recommended by doctors. The PA I work with suggested prednisone for a weeks time. Two 20mg for the first dose, then one 20mg tablet twice a day for 5 days. I took my first dose at 630pm and by 7am next morning my rash was 75% gone. Heard weight gain is a huge side effect from the meds but I can live with that over the embarrassing rash I had for months."

Mello54 March 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Worked better than infusions and other oral prescriptions . I have seronegative RA"

Sierra5 March 24, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I have been battling gout for almost a year. I have found Prednisone to be very effective for swelling (which is what my Dr. prescribed it for) in conjunction with Uloric and a pain medication. Prednisone is not a pain medication, however it does reduce swelling, in turn reducing pressure to relieve pain. The only drawback of Prednisone is that it can reduce kidney function if used continuously. I do recommend prednisone to reduce the swelling from gout."

Mallues (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I took this more pain in my shoulder - I had a shoulder replacement years ago. I have had trouble with my bowels for years, colitis, diarrhea, etc. I usually take 2 loperamide to keep it somewhat under control. The very next day after taking prednisone, my bowels suddenly calmed down. I feel like a changed person. I have been experiencing normal bowels now for 4 days so far, no explosions, sudden urges to evacuate. Next time I talk with my primary physician, I will tell her about this."

LZimmmmm March 7, 2016

For Sarcoidosis: "Taking prednisone for 6 weeks starting 60mg daily. After first week it significantly reduced chest pain. In week 5, dosage was already at 40mg, started feeling anxiety, tremors, increased blood pressure and heart beat 114-125, blurry vision, diahrrea, low potassium, decreased thyroid function, increased glucoze, and muscle weakness in legs. Dr reduced dosage to 20mg and prescribed potassium supplement. K came back to normal within a week. Now still on 20mg prednisone. So far my inflammation in mediastinal lymph nodes did NOT shrink and still having chest pain. Working on the right dosage and length of treatment."

GiMysz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I was off my feet in bed for 48 hours in terrible pain. Could not use the other meds I had since I was on heart meds. Doc put me on pred and the inflammation began to lift in a few hours. This was way better than any other med I had in the past for gout."

Jsmitty70 February 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been dealing with nagging neck and shoulder pain for almost 2 months now. Stemming from a hard fall on ice, resulting in a severe concussion, back sprain, and whiplash. Last week when I was trying to stretch my neck to relieve the nagging ache. Pulling my head to the right I heard a loud pop and a sudden release. And then, oh boy, not 30 seconds later, extreme pain. Unbearable pain. Referring down my arm to my middle fingers. Having had four herniated lumbar discs and two surgeries as a result, I immediately thought I'd herniated or torn a disc. As the painkillers, muscle relaxants, and physio did not help. My doctor put me on a 5 day steroid taper. I was skeptic. But it started working within 24 hours. This is literally saving my life."

IvyBean (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Prednisone has been a saviour at being a quick fix in getting rid of my crippling RA symptoms. Started on 10mg a day with no side affects. Now into my 7th week on it and tapered down to 7.5mg I'm getting terrible side affects. Agitation, anxiety, mood swings, awful insomnia which worsens the mood swings and the lack of sleep then causes its own lot of side affects. I'm not sure what's worse right at this moment - pain in all my limb joints or these aggravating side affects?! I am writing this at a peak of a pouty mood swing though. I don't do well without sleep and 3 nights in a row with just a few hours between them is it. On a positive note I am almost fully mobile when on the drug. So I highly recommend it for short term use."

Dunnoifamcomingorgoin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Terrible pain in hip and shoulder, two hours after first 60 mg dose completely pain free. Everywhere in my body. Side effects started immediately, severe anxiety, dry mouth, could not sleep, paranoia. By day five severe rectal bleeding from being constipated. Doctor lowered the dose still had side effects. I stopped the meds pain is all back with a vengeance 24 hours after last dose. Side effects scary as hell"

Ffffffl (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Had been in a flare for a month that gradually worsened to the point where I was doubled over in cramp, vomiting and passing blood up to 15 times per day. I am on pred now for the last 5 days and after the first day nearly all symptoms went away! Only going once per day now and feel great. I was so against taking pred but as of now I think I'm it's biggest advocate :) great stuff."

Anonymous February 14, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "The only disappointing thing about this drug is that is starts chewing your body up if you take it for more than a couple of weeks. If it wasn't for the risks that long-term prednisone treatment causes, I'd take it every day. No asthma, no allergies, no inflamed skin or excessive mucous production, and my ears can finally drain like they're supposed to. Prednisone is pretty cheap, too, and the only side effect it gives me are a bad case of the munchies."

FoxyFinn (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My mother has been on prednisone for almost four years for polumyalgia/rheumatica. We found out recently that the reason she was in such horrible back pain and could hardly walk was the extended use of prednisone. The MRI showed she had actual cracks in her spine. We are still in shock. This cannot be reversed. Even though people feel fine and really on top of the world the end result is devastating. So now we are dealing with even more pain not even associated with Polymyalgia. She will never recover from this. Everyone is different, but please look at the cons of the medicine before taking. Beware!"

Regretful February 13, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I have liver disease and can't have anti-inflammatory. One shot of prednisone, and the next morning every ache and pain had vanished - couldn't believe it. Effect lasted for about 3 weeks and slowly disappeared."

xyx February 2, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I've had chronic gout for about 10 years now. I've been to the doctor multiple times and the ER when it gets really bad. Tried many home remedies including black tart cherry juice with no relief. Trust me when I say this! Prednisone is the ONLY thing that has ever helped. I tell the doctor to not even prescribe me pain killers anymore cause it doesn't help. Prednisone is a miracle for my gout flare ups. VERY FAST RESULTS!!!!!"

Trapper41 January 31, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I had an allergic reaction to hair dye. At first the doctors prescribed antihistamines, calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream etc but nothing worked. I was then prescribed prednisolone 5mg 6 x per day, I also used aloe vera gel and after 2 days I can safely say I am on the mend. I wouldn't wish this severe itching, red, angry burning swollen lumps on anyone. But this is working for me. I hope this helps your concerns with the same problem."

Joyful65 January 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "For the first time in 2015 I was treated with Prednisone. Briefly, 20 year history of Lumbosacral pain, Herniated L5-S1 (no annular tear yet, about 3mm) bilaterally encroaching both traversing L5 nerve roots. Combined with bilateral foraminal Stenosis, Spinal Stenosis (Lumbar) acquired and Congenital, Facet Hypertrophy, entire spine, Pars L4/5-L5/S1, led to Isthmic Spondylolisthesis, G1, and an 8mm T2 Hyperintensity Synovial Cyst (yep) adjacent to the right Facet at L5 and encroaching the S1 nerve root. What led to Prednisone: botched radio frequency ablation, missed the Medial, nerve damage, doc freaked due to my pain he ruled out RA. 3 week taper got me through to nerve heal, no side effects, alternative? Massive Narcotics Drip, 3 Wk stay. I despise both."

Dean0314 January 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I recently had a shoulder replacement left shoulder and the pain was radiating to my left side because I was using my right side more than my left I was giving muscle relaxers, taken aleve,etc.. and nothing worked. I started taking Prednison in just one day my pain and discomfort is gone thank goodness I had a pack that I didn't use and began reading about Prednisone that it helps with Inflammation took it and I'm feeling great and back to myself.. I know it's not good to take but it work for me ..."

Latinlady January 24, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "have had several ailments from various injuries. in a six year span took it 4 times. The dosage as high as twenty as low as four. 6 on day 1; five on day 2; four on day 3; three on day 4; two on day 5 and one on day six (all prescriptions were taken in same/ similar regimen). Each time the pain did seemingly go away. But, over the long run my health began to decline in other ways. I still have my original injuries to contend with, as they worsen yet I have encountered new friends that are not necessarily hereditary. My number one issue is no more prednisone. Without it for about 8 years now (the last time I was prescribed I didn't take) my health, not injuries is improving. I do still have my injuries but my injuries are not life threatening."

veno (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "On my second day of taking Predisone just woke up out of my sleep at 4:04am today tossing and turn. I smelled rubber burning, became really antsy.Went to the kitchen to check the stove. Still smell rubber burning. Within another few minutes my left arm felt tingly,burning and cold. My face felt weird so had to check in the bathroom mirror if I wasn't having an allergic reaction. I have an Epi Pen out and on stand by. I'm up now drinking lots of water and detox tea to flush my of this drug. Pill take instructions were take 6 pills on the 6th day,5 on the 5th day, 4 pills on the fourth day annd continue to day one. No thank you! Will not be continuing. Honestly a little scared to go back to sleep. I do not recommended this drug."

Don't Take Prednisone! 1/21/16 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My experience was awful!!!! I took this for an ear infection. I have suffered with anxiety in the past. Let me tell you after 2 days of taking this I was so anxious. I stopped taking it and the next day I had to go to the Dr to get ativan for my anxiety. It was awful like the worst anxiety ever. I am still having anxiety from this drug a week later. It's an awful drug. Don't take it!!!"

Air bear (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Put on Solumedrol IV and then take home Prednisone, 60 mg, weaned down to 20 now. Reason for taking was not my Fibro, but Acute Respiratory Failure with Hypoxy, Sepsis, Bilateral Pneumonia, exacerbation of COPD, abnormal CT lungs. This is the WORST medication. I am even more depressed, anxious, hyped up, insomnia worse, no appetite, anxiety attacks, nightmare with terrors, upset stomach, indigestion worse than normal Achalsia and GERD, post op Myotomy, Nissen Fundo. I feel like dying! I still have some pain, even if all pain from severe DDD,FIBRO, CMPS, could not tolerate this med Feel like I am dying. Any suggestions on how to cope? My future will hold many rounds of med with repeated pneumonias,COPD"

Katharine B. P. January 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Have been in severe pain for 3 weeks, after receiving physical therapy. Had spinal surgery in April and neurosurgeon ordered PT to strengthen back muscles. The PT was strenuous .. especially the way my left leg (formerly hip replacement surgery) was manipulated. Severe pain in the hip area. Doctor prescribed the 6-day Prednisone pack .. for inflammation .. but the severe pain still exists. I am running out of option. Scheduled for an MRI. Could be a tear in the muscle or torn ligament ."

Anonymous January 12, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Bio: 24 year old, male. Second time that I am prescribed the medicine Prednisone during a flare-up. I started out with a 30mg dosage for 1 week and lower 5mg every 5 days after. For the second time, Prednisone has made me feel way better after approx. a week. It's a good thing it has such a positive effect on my flare-up. I would rate 10, but I will not. The medicine does give me some side-effects, like irritation/moody and I do feel very exhausted in the morning after normal night of sleep. However, I am glad it does it work really fast instead of having to walk around a long period with a bad flare-up. If you get the opportunity of taking Prednsione, try it out, but keep in mind that it could have you feeling a bit exhausted/nauseous."

LAnon (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Eczema: "It works. But as soon as I stop taking this.. little bumps on my hands always comes back. Still struggling with this and I don't know what to do?? I had use virgin coconut oil but nothing worked.. Any one can help please"

handa1 December 26, 2015

For COPD: "Hacking deep dry cough woke me up in the middle of the night for days until I started the Prednisone taper yesterday. Last night I woke once with a light cough, but easily went back to sleep. I am taking 10 mg pills, 5 a day for 2 days, then 4 a day for 2 days, then 3 a day for 2 days, then 2 a day for 2 days, then 1 a day for 2 days."

JaneWendy December 18, 2015