User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 3)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow

1 review 37 medications
Summary of Prednisone reviews 7.4 419 reviews

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Age 9 told had IBM ulcerative colitis. Was put on prednisone for 1 year, went I to remission. Was told may have to have colon removed by age 18year old. And would more likely end up with most side affects. Have had stomach troubles through out the years. Age 19 my thyroid died. Was told it's like batteries drained of all juice. Started taking thyroid med. Weight up and down for years. Now age 38 years old, past few years more weight gain. And skin ulcers. My testarone levels have been bad. Had to do the shots for this. But mood swings where horrible. Having so much trouble with my levels and thyroid. What else can I do and is most of this true side affects. Also very high blood pressure, started after a bad accident which had blood clout"

Lukacs May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've taken prednisone tapers on and off for chronic back pain and inflammation. Usually when I've reached a point when pain meds aren't working I give in to an injection and a steroid taper. Steroids weaken the immune system so if you're body is currently fighting an infection, that you may be unaware of, the infection can become full blown since your body can't fight it off.... and this happened to me. I ended up with shingles of the mouth. Excruciatingly painful. I am now prone to getting shingles if I'm not careful. I think prednisone is a gamble. Take if you have reached a point of not having too many other options. Try a higher dose of NSAIDs for a week if no reprieve then steroids. Best of luck."

Talkinmomma May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I'm on Prednisone for a deep sinus infection and fluid behind my ears. But!!!! It is also truly helping a huge flare up in my legs from fibromyalgia !!!!!"

Deb19871999 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I had my first UC flare end of March lost 40 lbs and was bleeding so badly I was hospitalised on IV prednisone for 7 days. My symptoms remained. I've been on 40mg Prednisone for 4 weeks now together with lialda. I finally stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago, but it has not been a fast process wonder drug for me. My doc took me off lialda because she is not convinced it is working. I am still on 40 mg prednisone and pain is still there not as severe though and I go 3-5 times a day and about the same in the night. Side effects weight gain on belly and moon face, peeling skin, neck and leg pain, heart palpitations and hard time sleeping."

noteorkingforme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had fibromyalgia for about 8 years also develop osteoarthritis in my feet hands neck and back. Just weaning myself out of Prednisone and my pains are returning. Have decided today I will stay on prednisone and keep the dose at ten mg. Quality of life is more important to me. Just to be able to move without stiffness is a relief! I am careful what I eat, very low sugar intake and moderate exercise has helped keep my body weight normal. (Besides other inflammatory drugs are known to contribute to heart attacks). I know someone who have been on cortisone for many years and she is not overweight and has not got osteoporosis. she manages her doses her self carefully she is now 80 years old. if she can do it I can do it too"

mormorfarmor (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have a pre existing condition (brain injury/seizures) the Prednisone work great for my arthritis however it made me have 12 seizures. But unfortunately as soon as the prednisone was out of my system my symptoms came back immediately."

Jessie6808 April 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had a cycle of decompression surgeries l5-s1 almost exactly every 2.5 years. The first two surgeries were for left foot/leg pain/ numbness. While this last one was for right side. The third decompression was done just 5 weeks ago and was experiencing extreme low back pain at the surgical site and for some reason now the left foot started going numb which hasn't occurred since surgery#2. Not being able to stand anymore by week three I was prescribed 10 days of prednisone. By the 5th day all was good. Very impressed how much this helped with back pain and numbness in foot. Other problems arose tho after my 5th day. Swollen tendons in left arm and now left foot have me barely walking. Now I got to get that looked at too. Great!"

Chronic blown disc (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a throbbing pain In my right arm for a day and a half after I started taking this. Very uncomfortable!"

Beaconinuse April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "My husband has a disc bulge in his neck and osteoarthritis in his neck. He suffers from daily chronic pain and severe migraines ranging from a 3 to a 10 . With 10 being the worst. He has taken opiates, NSAIDs, anti depressants, anti convulsants, topical cream, done physio massage botox trigger point ims chiro..... this has been going on for years. Yesterday he started on 50mg prednisone (3 days) and his pain was down to a 2 last night. Today he is like a totally different man, skipping and smiling, getting ready for work (this never happens as he dreads work because of the pain and misses at least one day a week). I asked him where his pain was (scale of 1-10) as is our normal routine in the morning. He looked at me and said zero."

Vonnie604 April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I just started taking this medicine last Tuesday. If I would have known the bad possible side effects of this I would have never taken it. It was given to me for pain and stiffness I was getting in my joints, hips, back etc. I’m 26. The doctor said maybe they were inflamed from possibly having fibromyalgia and basically told me to try this medicine out to see if it would help and then we would go from there. Well fast forward to a week later.. I took two in the morning 3 days ago and about 30 minutes after I started having a crazy physcotic episode. Heart pounding, heat flashes, severe sweating, shaking, crawling out of my skin feeling, and was pacing on the floor hysterically crying. Ended up in the ER where they did absolutely nothing"

Missy6390 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions: "Heart rate up and felt like blood pressure was up. Having trouble getting words out and felt very anxious . Hard time sleeping and felt like my life was ending ."

Omegaforce April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gouty Arthritis: "It causes diarrhea after two days of taking it"

Adam rich April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Back in the mid eighties I started to get some sort of odd inflammation they thought several different diseases because from time to time I test positive for them then negative. First Lyme's , then systemic lupus, then gout, then possible bone cancer, etc etc.. the list is huge and has baffled a lot of different doctors which have sent me to all the best clinics the last time was Neuromyelitus when I started to go blind and seizures.. when the flare up eventually got so bad in the nineties that I was mottled and four times the normal size and bed bound not being able to walk at all..the big problem is it floats and affects random joints and organs . I have to . What seems to help the most is Prednisone"

OneDusty April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma: "The medication works when you can't breathe but the side effects are horrible! I feel very disoriented and depressed. Not for me."

DeeMin March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I have psoriasis on my hands and was prescribed prednisone. And yes it cleared my psoriasis up in under 2 weeks but the side effects of this drug are worse then the psoriasis is. Horrible!!!"

Lowjac (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had remaining tooth pain after dental surgery to extract a bad tooth and put in the implant. The tooth pain was in the tooth next to the one that was extracted. I could not bite down on that tooth even 6 weeks after the dental surgery!! Ibuprofen did not touch the pain. Then the doctor gave me a Prednisone pack. Two thirds through the first day the pain was mostly gone. The next morning I could chew normally again. No pain after that."

Tooth pain from dental surgery (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gouty Arthritis: "The most effective medicine for gout I REPEAT THE MOST EFFECTIVE thing is GUAIFENESIN. The expectorant! I suffered gout attack for 15 years or so - was on Allopurinol. Prednisone shots. You don't need ANY OF THAT. Buy the largest dose you can find; 800 mg tablets, 1200 mg is the strongest. Take at the first sign of an attack; repeat until the attack is thwarted. 2 is about the max for most people; the attack should end very quickly! I haven't had an attack in years. As far as I'm concerned, either it cured me or I grew out of gout in my early to mid sixties. I wish I had known this 25 years ago. YOU KNOW IT NOW. CURE YOURSELF with this miracle cure. Free from me to you!"

Wee Liam (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma: "Usually, I try to a drug without reading up on side effects but this medication had me consistently checking for reactions online. It did help my asthma but the allergic reactions and side effects kept me out of work the whole time I was on it. My vision became blurry, the nausea was daily, swelling of my tongue didn't get deal-able until I was down to 10mg. Let me clarify, I was on this medication for almost two months starting at 60mg. My sugar went on a roller coaster ride..... they started giving me meds to deal with the side effects which helped. I will never take this medication in the future. Listen to your body and speak up for yourself. I believe my problem is that I'm allergic to something in it..."

KVJ518 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Three weeks after I delivered my third child, I went into an Addisonian Crisis, and diagnosed with Addison's Disease. I was in the hospital for two weeks, on multiple medications including IV steroids. I was discharged on prednisone. I felt like a new person! I felt 100% better. I wasn't sleeping all of the time, no more dizziness or fainting, and the pain was gone. I personally didn't experience any major side effects. This drug literally changed my life."

Kelsey F (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "If you can't handle anymore ibuprofen for swelling I highly recommend prednisone. My glands in my jaw swelled up and the only thing that helped it was prednisone. Yes you're always hungry on it and can get an upset stomach. You can get very irritable on it. Yes you do gain weight but some side effects can be reduced if you take the same amount of the medicine throughout the day and not all at once."

Nuitdelamort (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Went to the Little Clinic in Fry's. I went in with severe sinus pressure. I hadn't had any fever or body ache's so they prescribed me Prednisone 30mg once a day for 5 days. I did feeling anxious, but it only lasted about an hour. They also prescribed Advil & Sinus and Mucinex. Within an hour and a half of taking the first dose, I felt releif. It has been a 8 days since I finished my last does the sinus pressure did not return, but I have post nasal drip which is causing a sore throat and coughing. This is my first time taking Prednisone. For the most part, it did its job."

Dorsey Dollar (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I suffered with sciatic nerve pain for two weeks. It hurt to sit or lay down. The doctor ordered muscle relaxers, which made me very drowsy and I slept 14 hours at a time. I was starting to consider surgery when my primary doctor became unavailable, his replacement immediately ordered Prednisone. By the end of the first day, the pain started to subside. By the end of the third day, it was completely gone. I continued to take the meds as prescribed until finished. I would recommend this product to anyone. My blood pressure was elevated, due to the pain, and I believe Prednisone saved my life."

Ms Loretta (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Whenever my eczema gets to be too far advanced that the creams just don't cut it, Prednisone is just the thing to clear up the eczema. I have it on my hands mostly and being a nurse, I can't possibly work with my hands full of blisters and swollen as it gets."

Nurse Torres (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had experienced sore wrists, neck ache and groin pain on and off for 6 months, then overnight I became almost totally disabled. Neck pain so bad it hurt to turn my head, shoulder pain I couldn't lift my arms, wrist pain and couldn't take the top of the jam and groin pain I could hardly walk. Inflammatory markers initially normal and rheumatologist didn't even mention PMR. It was only after speaking to an Osteopath who suggested it could be Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR). I requested another blood test and my inflammatory markers were raised significantly. My dr. agreed we should try Prednisone After just a few days on 15mg/day, the acute pain had gone and I was able to at least dress myself."

Chrissie55 February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions: "Horrible drug whose side effects are worse than the condition. Really messed me up for months on a six day course starting at 24mg, then reducing by 4mg daily for 5 days. Panic attacks, vision problems, ulcer or gastritis, hip pain, racing heartbeat, hip pain and didn't do anything for the allergic sinus condition. Getting out of polluted Bakersfield, California did cure the allergy but spent month on the side effects after ending use. Doctors and pharmacists never warned of possible side effects."

Starbuck0002 February 19, 2017