User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 3)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 88 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 37 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 379 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For COPD: "Have been given Prednisone for severe back pain but was recently give 20mg dose for my COPD. I'm like a new man since taking it. The Dr. wanted me to stop taking it after a few months but there were side effects. I'm 68 years old and except for the COPD not in bad shape. I really don't understand why people my age who can have a much higher quality of life with a fairly mild medication as this are constantly being asked to stop taking it. I thought physicians took an oath to do no harm. This medication helps me breathe and I've grown very fond of it.... Breathing that is..."

FjC January 15, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pemphigus: "I was diagnosed with Pemphigus Vulgaris in 2009 after being misdiagnosed by a dentist who thought I had an absess. After seeing 4 dentists regarding lesions in my gums and mouth, the last dentist said I needed a biopsy done. He saved my life. Because I was able to get the treatment that I needed with the proper diagnosis. Started me at 60 mg daily, then tapered down to 10mg after 5 years. The auto immune disease went into remission in 2014 after utilizing prayer and positive meditation to help reduce any stress. The prednisone was very affective in treating the inflammation in my mouth. I drank aloe Vera juice to reduce the inflammation in my stomach area to help reduce stomach moon belly. I rarely have flare up only when a stress event"

Dimples87 January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Started with 48mg a day the fever start dropping down but still had chills after a week the pain was gone but I started being deaf on one ear, depressed, had tremors inside of me, sleepless nights, salty metallic taste in my mouth so I had to reduce the dose to 10-15mg a day for 2.5 month, the pain is back, the neck is stiff it seams like someone twisting my arms and shoulders ,have my legs swollen from night to morning,t errible stomach pain. I need to get off it. The only drug that might help is actemra, now waiting for insurance approval if don't get it will go on cannabis hopefully the law will get through by the end of Jan 2017 in NY. Suffer from terrible pain in my neck and both shoulders"

Polymayalgia Rheumatica January 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Eczema: "My 3 year old has the worst skin. We tried everything! Finally the Doctor gave her this! Finally her skin is healing! The meds make her a terror but it's worth it"

Bella boo 2 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "It ruined my teenage years i got stretch marks, I ganed weight, moon face, I didn't recognize myself anymore. I hope I never ever take this drug again!!! I hope my moon face goes away and I look like the person I was before..."

Kiim January 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "I have been suffering from Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema (Hives and Swelling of the face, lips, etc. ). I have been afraid to try this medication as I have heard about the side effects of steroids to the body. My recent flare has pushed me to the hospital and the doctor said I have to take this medication to get better. I am now on my 4th day and no signs of hives and swelling. I am under a 2 week intake plan and am crossing my fingers that this will be the answer I'm desperately looking for. Can't wait to be hive free!"

Anonymous January 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am in my 60s and the pain in shoulders, hips, hands and knees was so invasive, I had problems sleeping and getting out of bed in the morning. After some research, (I was originally diagnosed with arthritis), I found my symptoms matched the condition of Polymyalgia Rheumatica exactly. My physician accommodated me with a 20mg. prescription for prednisone. After two doses, my months-long battle with pain was completely over. I literally felt as if I'd been born again in the physical sense. For me, this medication was miraculous. Fortunately, I have not suffered any of the side effects such as swelling, etc. Tapering off the medication, I've found that 5mg. is my threshold dose. Under that, the symptoms come back."

bekris January 6, 2017

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bursitis: "I have bursitis on my hip. Motrin, Aleeve didn't help. During first 12 hours the pain decrease a 50%, 80% decrease in 24 hours, no pain in 36 hours. Reducing dosage on third day as per medical indications."

Joe333 January 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The best drug ....I felt almost normal on 15 milligrams ."

Aunt sansan January 4, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I developed RA after my appendix burst 7 years ago. Out of the 4 Rheumatologists I have had, none have seen a case as aggressive as mine. Within 2 years I was completely bedridden and under the care of others. While the side effects are horrible (no sleep, infections, hair falling out, weight gain and moon face), I continue to ask for it in high doses. I don't expect to live much longer, but I would rather live where my pain is manageable with pain meds than in the fetal position curled up in my bed crying 24/7. This disease is the worst."

Permanent RA Flare (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pharyngitis: "Started w/ a sore throat on a Wednesday. By Friday I had white pus on my tonsils, fever, body aches, chills and felt like I was swallowing glass. Saw my doctor Friday and was given an antibiotic (which wasn't strong enough). Went back to the doctor on Monday because my tonsils were so swollen and full of pus, I literally couldn't talk or swallow. The absolute worse pain ever, I'd rather give birth! My doctor gave me an IV of antibiotics and prednisone. Also a prescription. By 5 pm on Monday I was 85% better. I could function and my throat was no longer horribly sore. I'm rating this a 9 bc I've experienced the side effect of trouble breathing when at rest, it's bearable but causing me to be anxious. Otherwise, the prednisone was great."

Rach129 December 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "First it helped me breath I was wheezing and coughing terribly. The side effects suck. I get aggressive and irritable. Insomnia is terrible. I can feel swelling in my hands. I can feel my heart beat in my hands when I have fingers interlocked. I try to avoid all medications but this did help."

No drugs if I can December 18, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took this before my trip to New England in the winter time per my Dr suggestion as it would help prevent the very cold weather up north from making my bones and joints hurt n ache. It took away all my RA pain but wow the side effects like eating and puffy face etc were yukky. I won't take it again unless I absolutely have too...."

florida19771977 December 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 47 years old. Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about four months ago when I was having severe pain in my left hand. Was put on prednisone which made me feel horrible. I weaned myself off of it and since then my arthritic pain has increased by 100%. I also have polycystic kidney disease and hypothyroidism. I'm very leery about starting any kind of biologic because of this. Has anyone found any relief with supplemental treatments."

Anonymous December 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "I'm taking Prednisone as follow up to being hospitalized for pneumonia a couple of weeks ago. I was also taking an antibiotic, Clindamycin, when I developed hives. I immediately thought it was the Clindamycin because I'm allergic to Neosporin (Neomycin) & stopped taking it 4 days ago. I waited for the rash to clear, but it hasn't. Then I thought, "why do I have an allergic reaction to something when I'm taking a steroid?" Bingo! Looked up side effects of Prednisone and there is was: rare reaction of hives. Looked it up just right after I took my 2nd half-tablet. No more Prednisone for me!"

Judy51 December 13, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "This drug might be great for others, but for the few it is destructive. As it was for me. I had an allergic reaction from a bug bite on my knee, caused pain and swelling. So the doctor prescribed prednisone. Over 4 days, I experienced excruciating joint pain that led me to the emergency room (side effect of prednisone). I stopped it immediately, but over a year later I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip (bone death). I'm getting both hips replaced now and I'm 28 years old male with no prior medical problems. Look up other people's bad experiences with it, this drug made my life very difficult"

Scott777 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "On the second day I have severe bloating and gas also major insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "Steroids whether injected or oral caused my fibromyalgia to be more painful. I experienced horrible pain from my hips down to my legs for 2+ days after having prednisone oral or IM/subarachnoid steroids."

Kpc75 December 4, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pharyngitis: "Woke up yesterday morning to a horrible sore throat, it got significantly worse fast and I ended up having body chills fever and muscle pain all over my body. That night I couldn't sleep a wink it felt like someone was putting a hot branding iron to the back of my throat every time I swallowed, it was like I was trying to swallow raw sharp razorblades. The worst pain I could imagine. The next morning I went to the doctor and he gave me prednisone and amoxicillin for 10 days. I was about 60% better by lunch time. The releif was unbeleivable. I still can't believe how I could get better so fast from something so horrible and painful. Feeling blessed to have that nightmare behind me. Would highly recommend this corse of treatment for strep."

Happyhappyholly November 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gouty Arthritis: "So, I have suffered from gout for many years. My first attack hit my shoulders and was at the age of 28. I have since tried various treatments including Diclofenic, indomethacin and Naproxen. As I was suffering from gout every few weeks, I ended up taking these type of NSAID drugs for periods ranging 1 week to 4 weeks at least 6 times a year. They almost gave me an ulcer in my stomach. I have also used prednisolone for some time- yes it did take down inflammation in the short run but caused my attacks to repeat more often, in different joints and for lengths of time that I had never seen before. I then listened to a podcast by a chap Raj Bhachu on Ben Greenfield where he talks about fructose being a major contributory factor to gout. As I"

The gout master November 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Worked great first time but remission only lasted 3 months. 2nd time worked quickly again but couldn't taper off as fast. On it for 3 months. Side effects: lost about half my hair (grew back), high blood pressure (180/100), puffy face, irritable, gained 20 lbs, swollen Lower legs and feet. Hope I never have to take again. For now mesalamine enemas are working (6 months)."

Janey1222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It is a trap. Been taking 10 mg Prednisone daily for three years for severe RA. I also take Plaquenil. A weight gain of 35 pounds, dark circles under my eyes, scabs and bruises on my arms and legs my rheumatologist finally said ENOUGH! Now weaning off Prednisone. I have never felt worse in my life but for my burnt lung experience on Humira. My God what a terrible disease RA is. I wish something really helped. I wish there was some way to make the pain stop. Somedays I feel like a prisoner. I can't work, sitting and watching tv makes it worse, so I make up jobs to do outside and pretend like I make a contribution."

LArryMya November 15, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "It started as a muscle pain, much like fibro, but it hurt three times worse. It started in my shoulders, then my neck, then my arms and legs and then my back and hips. My dr did blood tests and my inflammatory markers were all above the normal ranges. This pain became excruciating.. Unbearable until I woke one morning and could not raise my head off my pillow.. I had to literally roll out of my bed onto the floor . I tried every pain pill from Lyrica to opioids..nothing touched the pain..it was debilitating. I searched thru my med books . Finally I went to my Dr and told him ..Ithink I have polymyalgia rheumatica..I had every single symptom in the book!! And the tests also were conclusive.. So, after2 days..pain was gone"

annieb47 November 15, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "I Swear SWEAR SWEAR by Prednisone. It Not only helps me with my asthma complications tremendously,it also helps to clear my dermatitis/rosacea. And I also benefit from it as an all-around Anti allergy medication to boot."

Ronnieronn (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "If your getting side effects from taking prednisone try switching to Hydrocortisone tablets and see if that helps"

Strong bear (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2016