User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 3)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 299 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Major Depressive Disorder and have been through a lot to get the right combination of anti-depressants to actual help me. I was put on Prednisone for systemic inflammation. The second day my mood just dropped. It felt like I had no anti-depressants in my system at all. It was awful. My PCP and therapist helped me through the worst part, but I don't think I will ever take Prednisone again. My taper was finished yesterday and today the pain is back. I rather deal with the physical pain than the depression. Nasty side effect. On the bright side; it did help with the inflammation and pain, even though it was temporary."

F33.2 April 19, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have just taken prednisalone for the first time for a moderate exacerbation of asthma. For the first time in 28 years I was pain free. I kept telling my husband that despite how sick I was with pneumonia I felt so relaxed and I realised I had no pain. Now I know how normal people feel I could cry. You can't take it forever due to the effects on your body but gosh I sure wish they could work on something that worked the same without the side effects.meanwhile I am trying to readjust to pain again and feeling heartbroken that I have to live with fibromyalgia."

Liverpoollass (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "50 yr old male/23 years with disease- Currently taking 30 mg of prednisone, weaning from 60. 2nd time since Nov 15. Also use Masalmine Enema, Canasa Suppository, and Remicade every 6 weeks by infusion. I am the lucky person, I am guessing, that did not have the increased appitite, moon face, or roid rage. My sex drive is extremely low and I have dry eye syndrome, headache, acne, dizziness."

Hate this Disease (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Rare attacks, but when they hit, they're bad. Atypical, knee, ankle, 5th metatarsal (long foot bone behind the little toe), but always only one joint at a time, and never the big toe. Severe pain, can't bear any weight on that side. This last time around, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen had no effect whatsoever; hydrocodone took the leading edge off but that's all. After first dose of Prednisone, 80% pain reduction in 12 hours, remaining pain disappeared completely over the following 2-3 days."

DaddyBean (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Made me gain 140lbs over 6 years, no one told me about how steroids affect your sugar and insulin. I'm now diabetic. If you use this medicine I would strongly recommend talking to doctor about a carb free sugar free diet to avoid weight gain and diabetes. Did not help with pain at all. Helped me regain control of severe asthma for that I'm grateful."

Alicealwaysfalls (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed this medicine on the first day when my sore throat developed. It didn't help me at all, In fact after 2 days of taking it, I felt weaker, body aching and my throat remained painful and I became giddy. When I googled the details, I realised it suppressed my immune system and it contains steroid and not suitable for people with thyroid disorder like myself (hypo thyroid). I won't take this medicine again."

ThyroidPatient April 2, 2016

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "prednisone did help my 2yrs old daughter go into remission with nephrotic syndrome thank god , and she was on lasiks and melatonin and blood pressure meds for a short time . the side effects were weight gain, spurts of anger and aggression and a lot of whinning . she completely changed ! I'm definetly looking into other meds if this does come back . do your homework and check statistics on meds and how many children have been tested using all the meds . thanks"

caring parent 13 March 27, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I must of suffered nearly every reaction on the list after on one day.I do have breathlessness and irregular heart beat.still trying to recover without medication.I am allergic to many antibiotics."

No nickname Stella Keenan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I have been dealing with an itchy, red, flaky rash on my face, (chin area) for a few months. I've tried just about every over the counter cream and ointments recommended by doctors. The PA I work with suggested prednisone for a weeks time. Two 20mg for the first dose, then one 20mg tablet twice a day for 5 days. I took my first dose at 630pm and by 7am next morning my rash was 75% gone. Heard weight gain is a huge side effect from the meds but I can live with that over the embarrassing rash I had for months."

Mello54 March 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Worked better than infusions and other oral prescriptions . I have seronegative RA"

Sierra5 March 24, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I have been battling gout for almost a year. I have found Prednisone to be very effective for swelling (which is what my Dr. prescribed it for) in conjunction with Uloric and a pain medication. Prednisone is not a pain medication, however it does reduce swelling, in turn reducing pressure to relieve pain. The only drawback of Prednisone is that it can reduce kidney function if used continuously. I do recommend prednisone to reduce the swelling from gout."

Mallues (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I took this more pain in my shoulder - I had a shoulder replacement years ago. I have had trouble with my bowels for years, colitis, diarrhea, etc. I usually take 2 loperamide to keep it somewhat under control. The very next day after taking prednisone, my bowels suddenly calmed down. I feel like a changed person. I have been experiencing normal bowels now for 4 days so far, no explosions, sudden urges to evacuate. Next time I talk with my primary physician, I will tell her about this."

LZimmmmm March 7, 2016

For Sarcoidosis: "Taking prednisone for 6 weeks starting 60mg daily. After first week it significantly reduced chest pain. In week 5, dosage was already at 40mg, started feeling anxiety, tremors, increased blood pressure and heart beat 114-125, blurry vision, diahrrea, low potassium, decreased thyroid function, increased glucoze, and muscle weakness in legs. Dr reduced dosage to 20mg and prescribed potassium supplement. K came back to normal within a week. Now still on 20mg prednisone. So far my inflammation in mediastinal lymph nodes did NOT shrink and still having chest pain. Working on the right dosage and length of treatment."

GiMysz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I was off my feet in bed for 48 hours in terrible pain. Could not use the other meds I had since I was on heart meds. Doc put me on pred and the inflammation began to lift in a few hours. This was way better than any other med I had in the past for gout."

Jsmitty70 February 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been dealing with nagging neck and shoulder pain for almost 2 months now. Stemming from a hard fall on ice, resulting in a severe concussion, back sprain, and whiplash. Last week when I was trying to stretch my neck to relieve the nagging ache. Pulling my head to the right I heard a loud pop and a sudden release. And then, oh boy, not 30 seconds later, extreme pain. Unbearable pain. Referring down my arm to my middle fingers. Having had four herniated lumbar discs and two surgeries as a result, I immediately thought I'd herniated or torn a disc. As the painkillers, muscle relaxants, and physio did not help. My doctor put me on a 5 day steroid taper. I was skeptic. But it started working within 24 hours. This is literally saving my life."

IvyBean (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Prednisone has been a saviour at being a quick fix in getting rid of my crippling RA symptoms. Started on 10mg a day with no side affects. Now into my 7th week on it and tapered down to 7.5mg I'm getting terrible side affects. Agitation, anxiety, mood swings, awful insomnia which worsens the mood swings and the lack of sleep then causes its own lot of side affects. I'm not sure what's worse right at this moment - pain in all my limb joints or these aggravating side affects?! I am writing this at a peak of a pouty mood swing though. I don't do well without sleep and 3 nights in a row with just a few hours between them is it. On a positive note I am almost fully mobile when on the drug. So I highly recommend it for short term use."

Dunnoifamcomingorgoin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Terrible pain in hip and shoulder, two hours after first 60 mg dose completely pain free. Everywhere in my body. Side effects started immediately, severe anxiety, dry mouth, could not sleep, paranoia. By day five severe rectal bleeding from being constipated. Doctor lowered the dose still had side effects. I stopped the meds pain is all back with a vengeance 24 hours after last dose. Side effects scary as hell"

Ffffffl (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Had been in a flare for a month that gradually worsened to the point where I was doubled over in cramp, vomiting and passing blood up to 15 times per day. I am on pred now for the last 5 days and after the first day nearly all symptoms went away! Only going once per day now and feel great. I was so against taking pred but as of now I think I'm it's biggest advocate :) great stuff."

Anonymous February 14, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "The only disappointing thing about this drug is that is starts chewing your body up if you take it for more than a couple of weeks. If it wasn't for the risks that long-term prednisone treatment causes, I'd take it every day. No asthma, no allergies, no inflamed skin or excessive mucous production, and my ears can finally drain like they're supposed to. Prednisone is pretty cheap, too, and the only side effect it gives me are a bad case of the munchies."

FoxyFinn (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My mother has been on prednisone for almost four years for polumyalgia/rheumatica. We found out recently that the reason she was in such horrible back pain and could hardly walk was the extended use of prednisone. The MRI showed she had actual cracks in her spine. We are still in shock. This cannot be reversed. Even though people feel fine and really on top of the world the end result is devastating. So now we are dealing with even more pain not even associated with Polymyalgia. She will never recover from this. Everyone is different, but please look at the cons of the medicine before taking. Beware!"

Regretful February 13, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I have liver disease and can't have anti-inflammatory. One shot of prednisone, and the next morning every ache and pain had vanished - couldn't believe it. Effect lasted for about 3 weeks and slowly disappeared."

xyx February 2, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I've had chronic gout for about 10 years now. I've been to the doctor multiple times and the ER when it gets really bad. Tried many home remedies including black tart cherry juice with no relief. Trust me when I say this! Prednisone is the ONLY thing that has ever helped. I tell the doctor to not even prescribe me pain killers anymore cause it doesn't help. Prednisone is a miracle for my gout flare ups. VERY FAST RESULTS!!!!!"

Trapper41 January 31, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I had an allergic reaction to hair dye. At first the doctors prescribed antihistamines, calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream etc but nothing worked. I was then prescribed prednisolone 5mg 6 x per day, I also used aloe vera gel and after 2 days I can safely say I am on the mend. I wouldn't wish this severe itching, red, angry burning swollen lumps on anyone. But this is working for me. I hope this helps your concerns with the same problem."

Joyful65 January 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "For the first time in 2015 I was treated with Prednisone. Briefly, 20 year history of Lumbosacral pain, Herniated L5-S1 (no annular tear yet, about 3mm) bilaterally encroaching both traversing L5 nerve roots. Combined with bilateral foraminal Stenosis, Spinal Stenosis (Lumbar) acquired and Congenital, Facet Hypertrophy, entire spine, Pars L4/5-L5/S1, led to Isthmic Spondylolisthesis, G1, and an 8mm T2 Hyperintensity Synovial Cyst (yep) adjacent to the right Facet at L5 and encroaching the S1 nerve root. What led to Prednisone: botched radio frequency ablation, missed the Medial, nerve damage, doc freaked due to my pain he ruled out RA. 3 week taper got me through to nerve heal, no side effects, alternative? Massive Narcotics Drip, 3 Wk stay. I despise both."

Dean0314 January 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I recently had a shoulder replacement left shoulder and the pain was radiating to my left side because I was using my right side more than my left I was giving muscle relaxers, taken aleve,etc.. and nothing worked. I started taking Prednison in just one day my pain and discomfort is gone thank goodness I had a pack that I didn't use and began reading about Prednisone that it helps with Inflammation took it and I'm feeling great and back to myself.. I know it's not good to take but it work for me ..."

Latinlady January 24, 2016