User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 88 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 37 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 362 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "for my Polymyalgia rheumaticaI I was taking four ibuprofen 3 times per day which provided only some relief from the joint and muscle pain. I had severe pain in my wrists, and pain and stiffness in my shoulders, back, and legs. I started on 25mg/day and most of my symptoms disappeared. I have been tapering for six months now and am down to 8mg/day. Some symptoms have returned but at a very manageable level. I have experienced some weight gain, maybe 5-7 pounds. At times I feel a bit of anxiety and possibly a little depression that may be related to the prednisone. No other side effects at this point."

Pmr sufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "Taking Predisone causes me to heart-burn, but a simple antacids helps get rid of the heart-burn. Also, makes me edgey, and my feet swell some times when taking predisone. But it's totally worth taking predisone because the feeling of suffocation is so much worse."

trigian (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "doctor gave this as antibiotic for a sinus infection 20mg once day for 10 days. First couple days of taking it, started having severe dissociation and racing thoughts, anxiety went up to an all time high. ( I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder/ anxiety since I was 6) started to develop depression so bad that I couldn't think or even go to work, suffered from intense panic attacks, all the while not realizing what was causing me all these problems. I thought I was going mentally insane until on the 6th day of taking this hell drug, I then googled searched the side effects and realized what had been causing my horrible mental breakdown. Immediately stopped taking it and after two days (and two charcoal detoxes) I feel somewhat normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "So far so good"

Marceau (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Did stop my intestinal gurgling almost immediately but many side effects . First was extreme hunger which I could deal with since I work out regularly . About 5 weeks in I started to notice bad mood swings . Anger mostly , which is totally unlike me . Then as I was tapering down from 40mg to 15mg the extreme anxiety started . So bad I couldn't leave the house for days . Really scary . Doctor was very concerned . Stating it does happen and to try and relax but there's basically nothing he could do about it because you must allow the adrenal glands to " start up again " as you taper down to nothing . Very dangerous to stop suddenly . Down to 2.5 mg now and starting to feel like myself again but will never ever take this again . Nasty stuff ..."

cazzilo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "Plus side: Prednisone does indeed reduce the inflammation in my lungs so I can breathe. Con side: It wires me. We're talking spending the entire night staring at the clock because I cannot sleep while taking it. This time I was sent home with a four-day course of prednisone as well as a sleep aid to counteract the insomnia. I've taken two (generic) Ambien and I am once again awake at 2AM and have been since 1. I got maybe two and a half hours of broken sleep before awakening at 1. I mean, yes, I need to breathe but I also need to be able to sleep to function."

Dani D January 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I had a severe upper respiratory infection that wasn't going away so the doctor prescribed 7 days of 1 mg prednisone and a dose of 7 days two times a day of a antibiotics don't remember the brand name. I have Fibromyalgia and numerous bulging disks going all the way down my spine. By day 4 I felt fantastic... Normal It was a real downer to go back to norm."

JesFan (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "I've just been given this for my asthma as I'm struggling to breathe. So far my nose and head hurts and don't feel like it is working. I'm only on my 2nd dose and every review so far I've read says it works within a few hours. I can't tell if I'm having a reaction to it or not.. but it definitely isn't working. I can't walk from my room to my bathroom without keeling over and not being able to breathe."

xGemx (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD: "Have been given Prednisone for severe back pain but was recently give 20mg dose for my COPD. I'm like a new man since taking it. The Dr. wanted me to stop taking it after a few months but there were side effects. I'm 68 years old and except for the COPD not in bad shape. I really don't understand why people my age who can have a much higher quality of life with a fairly mild medication as this are constantly being asked to stop taking it. I thought physicians took an oath to do no harm. This medication helps me breathe and I've grown very fond of it.... Breathing that is..."

FjC January 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pemphigus: "I was diagnosed with Pemphigus Vulgaris in 2009 after being misdiagnosed by a dentist who thought I had an absess. After seeing 4 dentists regarding lesions in my gums and mouth, the last dentist said I needed a biopsy done. He saved my life. Because I was able to get the treatment that I needed with the proper diagnosis. Started me at 60 mg daily, then tapered down to 10mg after 5 years. The auto immune disease went into remission in 2014 after utilizing prayer and positive meditation to help reduce any stress. The prednisone was very affective in treating the inflammation in my mouth. I drank aloe Vera juice to reduce the inflammation in my stomach area to help reduce stomach moon belly. I rarely have flare up only when a stress event"

Dimples87 January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Started with 48mg a day the fever start dropping down but still had chills after a week the pain was gone but I started being deaf on one ear, depressed, had tremors inside of me, sleepless nights, salty metallic taste in my mouth so I had to reduce the dose to 10-15mg a day for 2.5 month, the pain is back, the neck is stiff it seams like someone twisting my arms and shoulders ,have my legs swollen from night to morning,t errible stomach pain. I need to get off it. The only drug that might help is actemra, now waiting for insurance approval if don't get it will go on cannabis hopefully the law will get through by the end of Jan 2017 in NY. Suffer from terrible pain in my neck and both shoulders"

Polymayalgia Rheumatica January 15, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Eczema: "My 3 year old has the worst skin. We tried everything! Finally the Doctor gave her this! Finally her skin is healing! The meds make her a terror but it's worth it"

Bella boo 2 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "It ruined my teenage years i got stretch marks, I ganed weight, moon face, I didn't recognize myself anymore. I hope I never ever take this drug again!!! I hope my moon face goes away and I look like the person I was before..."

Kiim January 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "I have been suffering from Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema (Hives and Swelling of the face, lips, etc. ). I have been afraid to try this medication as I have heard about the side effects of steroids to the body. My recent flare has pushed me to the hospital and the doctor said I have to take this medication to get better. I am now on my 4th day and no signs of hives and swelling. I am under a 2 week intake plan and am crossing my fingers that this will be the answer I'm desperately looking for. Can't wait to be hive free!"

Anonymous January 6, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am in my 60s and the pain in shoulders, hips, hands and knees was so invasive, I had problems sleeping and getting out of bed in the morning. After some research, (I was originally diagnosed with arthritis), I found my symptoms matched the condition of Polymyalgia Rheumatica exactly. My physician accommodated me with a 20mg. prescription for prednisone. After two doses, my months-long battle with pain was completely over. I literally felt as if I'd been born again in the physical sense. For me, this medication was miraculous. Fortunately, I have not suffered any of the side effects such as swelling, etc. Tapering off the medication, I've found that 5mg. is my threshold dose. Under that, the symptoms come back."

bekris January 6, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bursitis: "I have bursitis on my hip. Motrin, Aleeve didn't help. During first 12 hours the pain decrease a 50%, 80% decrease in 24 hours, no pain in 36 hours. Reducing dosage on third day as per medical indications."

Joe333 January 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The best drug ....I felt almost normal on 15 milligrams ."

Aunt sansan January 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I developed RA after my appendix burst 7 years ago. Out of the 4 Rheumatologists I have had, none have seen a case as aggressive as mine. Within 2 years I was completely bedridden and under the care of others. While the side effects are horrible (no sleep, infections, hair falling out, weight gain and moon face), I continue to ask for it in high doses. I don't expect to live much longer, but I would rather live where my pain is manageable with pain meds than in the fetal position curled up in my bed crying 24/7. This disease is the worst."

Permanent RA Flare (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pharyngitis: "Started w/ a sore throat on a Wednesday. By Friday I had white pus on my tonsils, fever, body aches, chills and felt like I was swallowing glass. Saw my doctor Friday and was given an antibiotic (which wasn't strong enough). Went back to the doctor on Monday because my tonsils were so swollen and full of pus, I literally couldn't talk or swallow. The absolute worse pain ever, I'd rather give birth! My doctor gave me an IV of antibiotics and prednisone. Also a prescription. By 5 pm on Monday I was 85% better. I could function and my throat was no longer horribly sore. I'm rating this a 9 bc I've experienced the side effect of trouble breathing when at rest, it's bearable but causing me to be anxious. Otherwise, the prednisone was great."

Rach129 December 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "First it helped me breath I was wheezing and coughing terribly. The side effects suck. I get aggressive and irritable. Insomnia is terrible. I can feel swelling in my hands. I can feel my heart beat in my hands when I have fingers interlocked. I try to avoid all medications but this did help."

No drugs if I can December 18, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took this before my trip to New England in the winter time per my Dr suggestion as it would help prevent the very cold weather up north from making my bones and joints hurt n ache. It took away all my RA pain but wow the side effects like eating and puffy face etc were yukky. I won't take it again unless I absolutely have too...."

florida19771977 December 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 47 years old. Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about four months ago when I was having severe pain in my left hand. Was put on prednisone which made me feel horrible. I weaned myself off of it and since then my arthritic pain has increased by 100%. I also have polycystic kidney disease and hypothyroidism. I'm very leery about starting any kind of biologic because of this. Has anyone found any relief with supplemental treatments."

Anonymous December 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "I'm taking Prednisone as follow up to being hospitalized for pneumonia a couple of weeks ago. I was also taking an antibiotic, Clindamycin, when I developed hives. I immediately thought it was the Clindamycin because I'm allergic to Neosporin (Neomycin) & stopped taking it 4 days ago. I waited for the rash to clear, but it hasn't. Then I thought, "why do I have an allergic reaction to something when I'm taking a steroid?" Bingo! Looked up side effects of Prednisone and there is was: rare reaction of hives. Looked it up just right after I took my 2nd half-tablet. No more Prednisone for me!"

Judy51 December 13, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "This drug might be great for others, but for the few it is destructive. As it was for me. I had an allergic reaction from a bug bite on my knee, caused pain and swelling. So the doctor prescribed prednisone. Over 4 days, I experienced excruciating joint pain that led me to the emergency room (side effect of prednisone). I stopped it immediately, but over a year later I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip (bone death). I'm getting both hips replaced now and I'm 28 years old male with no prior medical problems. Look up other people's bad experiences with it, this drug made my life very difficult"

Scott777 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "On the second day I have severe bloating and gas also major insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016