User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 86 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 37 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 345 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I developed RA after my appendix burst 7 years ago. Out of the 4 Rheumatologists I have had, none have seen a case as aggressive as mine. Within 2 years I was completely bedridden and under the care of others. While the side effects are horrible (no sleep, infections, hair falling out, weight gain and moon face), I continue to ask for it in high doses. I don't expect to live much longer, but I would rather live where my pain is manageable with pain meds than in the fetal position curled up in my bed crying 24/7. This disease is the worst."

Permanent RA Flare (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pharyngitis: "Started w/ a sore throat on a Wednesday. By Friday I had white pus on my tonsils, fever, body aches, chills and felt like I was swallowing glass. Saw my doctor Friday and was given an antibiotic (which wasn't strong enough). Went back to the doctor on Monday because my tonsils were so swollen and full of pus, I literally couldn't talk or swallow. The absolute worse pain ever, I'd rather give birth! My doctor gave me an IV of antibiotics and prednisone. Also a prescription. By 5 pm on Monday I was 85% better. I could function and my throat was no longer horribly sore. I'm rating this a 9 bc I've experienced the side effect of trouble breathing when at rest, it's bearable but causing me to be anxious. Otherwise, the prednisone was great."

Rach129 December 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma: "First it helped me breath I was wheezing and coughing terribly. The side effects suck. I get aggressive and irritable. Insomnia is terrible. I can feel swelling in my hands. I can feel my heart beat in my hands when I have fingers interlocked. I try to avoid all medications but this did help."

No drugs if I can December 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took this before my trip to New England in the winter time per my Dr suggestion as it would help prevent the very cold weather up north from making my bones and joints hurt n ache. It took away all my RA pain but wow the side effects like eating and puffy face etc were yukky. I won't take it again unless I absolutely have too...."

florida19771977 December 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 47 years old. Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about four months ago when I was having severe pain in my left hand. Was put on prednisone which made me feel horrible. I weaned myself off of it and since then my arthritic pain has increased by 100%. I also have polycystic kidney disease and hypothyroidism. I'm very leery about starting any kind of biologic because of this. Has anyone found any relief with supplemental treatments."

Anonymous December 14, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Reactions: "I'm taking Prednisone as follow up to being hospitalized for pneumonia a couple of weeks ago. I was also taking an antibiotic, Clindamycin, when I developed hives. I immediately thought it was the Clindamycin because I'm allergic to Neosporin (Neomycin) & stopped taking it 4 days ago. I waited for the rash to clear, but it hasn't. Then I thought, "why do I have an allergic reaction to something when I'm taking a steroid?" Bingo! Looked up side effects of Prednisone and there is was: rare reaction of hives. Looked it up just right after I took my 2nd half-tablet. No more Prednisone for me!"

Judy51 December 13, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Reactions: "This drug might be great for others, but for the few it is destructive. As it was for me. I had an allergic reaction from a bug bite on my knee, caused pain and swelling. So the doctor prescribed prednisone. Over 4 days, I experienced excruciating joint pain that led me to the emergency room (side effect of prednisone). I stopped it immediately, but over a year later I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip (bone death). I'm getting both hips replaced now and I'm 28 years old male with no prior medical problems. Look up other people's bad experiences with it, this drug made my life very difficult"

Scott777 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Reactions: "On the second day I have severe bloating and gas also major insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia: "Steroids whether injected or oral caused my fibromyalgia to be more painful. I experienced horrible pain from my hips down to my legs for 2+ days after having prednisone oral or IM/subarachnoid steroids."

Kpc75 December 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pharyngitis: "Woke up yesterday morning to a horrible sore throat, it got significantly worse fast and I ended up having body chills fever and muscle pain all over my body. That night I couldn't sleep a wink it felt like someone was putting a hot branding iron to the back of my throat every time I swallowed, it was like I was trying to swallow raw sharp razorblades. The worst pain I could imagine. The next morning I went to the doctor and he gave me prednisone and amoxicillin for 10 days. I was about 60% better by lunch time. The releif was unbeleivable. I still can't believe how I could get better so fast from something so horrible and painful. Feeling blessed to have that nightmare behind me. Would highly recommend this corse of treatment for strep."

Happyhappyholly November 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gouty Arthritis: "So, I have suffered from gout for many years. My first attack hit my shoulders and was at the age of 28. I have since tried various treatments including Diclofenic, indomethacin and Naproxen. As I was suffering from gout every few weeks, I ended up taking these type of NSAID drugs for periods ranging 1 week to 4 weeks at least 6 times a year. They almost gave me an ulcer in my stomach. I have also used prednisolone for some time- yes it did take down inflammation in the short run but caused my attacks to repeat more often, in different joints and for lengths of time that I had never seen before. I then listened to a podcast by a chap Raj Bhachu on Ben Greenfield where he talks about fructose being a major contributory factor to gout. As I"

The gout master November 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Worked great first time but remission only lasted 3 months. 2nd time worked quickly again but couldn't taper off as fast. On it for 3 months. Side effects: lost about half my hair (grew back), high blood pressure (180/100), puffy face, irritable, gained 20 lbs, swollen Lower legs and feet. Hope I never have to take again. For now mesalamine enemas are working (6 months)."

Janey1222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It is a trap. Been taking 10 mg Prednisone daily for three years for severe RA. I also take Plaquenil. A weight gain of 35 pounds, dark circles under my eyes, scabs and bruises on my arms and legs my rheumatologist finally said ENOUGH! Now weaning off Prednisone. I have never felt worse in my life but for my burnt lung experience on Humira. My God what a terrible disease RA is. I wish something really helped. I wish there was some way to make the pain stop. Somedays I feel like a prisoner. I can't work, sitting and watching tv makes it worse, so I make up jobs to do outside and pretend like I make a contribution."

LArryMya November 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "It started as a muscle pain, much like fibro, but it hurt three times worse. It started in my shoulders, then my neck, then my arms and legs and then my back and hips. My dr did blood tests and my inflammatory markers were all above the normal ranges. This pain became excruciating.. Unbearable until I woke one morning and could not raise my head off my pillow.. I had to literally roll out of my bed onto the floor . I tried every pain pill from Lyrica to opioids..nothing touched the pain..it was debilitating. I searched thru my med books . Finally I went to my Dr and told him ..Ithink I have polymyalgia rheumatica..I had every single symptom in the book!! And the tests also were conclusive.. So, after2 days..pain was gone"

annieb47 November 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma: "I Swear SWEAR SWEAR by Prednisone. It Not only helps me with my asthma complications tremendously,it also helps to clear my dermatitis/rosacea. And I also benefit from it as an all-around Anti allergy medication to boot."

Ronnieronn (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "If your getting side effects from taking prednisone try switching to Hydrocortisone tablets and see if that helps"

Strong bear (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma: "Prednisone is always my go to, like many of you I am an asthmatic as well. It seems I cannot get a simple cold without it turning into some form of bronchitis. When my abeutrol pump is no longer working that's when I know to turn to the prednisone. It makes me feel safe because I know within a few short hours I will feel normal again. As for side effects, I get jittery and speedy. Also my face gets more plump and gives me the "moon face" look. However, id rather have a fat face than not being able to breathe. Prednisone is okay in moderation, but if taken too often in big doses it can have an effect on your bones, liver etc. ❤️ Prednisone it helps me every winter"

Olivialuc November 4, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Reactions: "i had hives. got perscribed this, about 4 days into taking it every time i shut my eyes something i was scared of would fly at my face making me jolt up and open my eyes, I didn't sleep for about 36 hours. even me knowing and thinking it was not real did not help even the slightest. nothing helped it i just had to wait until it was out of my system enough for it to stop. but every single noise was amplified and scary, my boyfriend would knock into something and it would send me into a panic he would say something or even move enough for my vision to catch it and I would actually jump and get scared, basically everything was terrifying and I couldn't shut my eyes for more than about 2 seconds without it happening."

reginamae October 31, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis: "Severe muscle spasm in lower lumbar region, couldn't stand as I couldn't bear any weight without severe pain and would just collapse. Doctor prescribed me prednisone on a tapered prescription along with painkillers and muscle relaxants. Prednisone was fantastic within two days I was back on my feet and on sixth day managed a return eight hour flight home which I was dreading! An X-ray confirmed osteoarthritis in my lower spine. Prednisone gave me my freedom and future back. ps I'm writing this at 3am as the side effects are that I don't sleep throughout the whole night. I will be asking my doctor at home for prednisone if this happens again as its more effective than painkillers."

J?B (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: "Second time with aihi first time about 7 yrs ago and it wasn't caught until my hemoglobin had bottemed out. In hospital for about a week and on drip for a few days then 90 mg of Prednisone for a month then a year , had the moon face, weight gain and insomnia until I got down to about 10 mg, reducing . Got to 5 mg but it starts again so moved up to 50 for 2 weeks and a few more months reducing. Finally stopped and stayed stopped until a few months ago. Back on 50 mg for a week then it seemed to turn around but dropped to 30 mg and it started up so on 40 mg but still see evidence of RBC destruction so will see what's happening in 2 days on a new testing Side effects so far this time, insomnia, moodswings, short of breath, irritability and mo"

Jehosha (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gouty Arthritis: "Indomethacin used to work… Now prednisone helps a lot more."

gary gout (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gouty Arthritis: "I only use pred for gout when the pain is so bad I cant sleep, walk and am really struggling. Works great on reducing pain in a short time. Best to take in mornings to avoid sleepness nights! Short term use isnt too bad but I was on the things for nearly a year for ulcerative colitis and be warned side effects, withdrawal symptoms and damage to health can be horrendous"

James m uk September 22, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Went to Centra Care, 31 August,antibiotic, no help, 8 days later went to ER Hospital, 8 Sept , given z-pack 5 days, started feeling a little better but not right yet, super fatigue besides the regular Fibromyalgia, 12 Sept, go to Research Group Doctor, I am in for COPD, given Prednisone 20 mg for 5 days 2x's a day. 1st day that I felt good in over 4 weeks and only on one for a day right now. Thank you"

Jude of Saint Georges Court (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Reactions: "Put on it as a trial basis for an extreme allergic reaction. Before I could barely breathe, my face swelled, and my lips were massive. After taking it for one day my facial swelling is almost gone, I'm a little hungry, and it's causing some restlessness, but it's helping with the hives so much. Glad it's a trial basis and that it's working."

Kay22 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "I took prednisonefor bullous pemphigoid four years ago. It took over six months to get diagnosed so it was bad by the time I started prednisone. At first the doctor tried CellCept, but that did not work. Prednisone immediately took care of the itching and a week or so for rash. It took a few months to be able to wean myself off it (I started at 60mg and was dropping successfully until I hit 20mg; after that, whenever I dropped, I would flare up, so I stayed at that level for something like two months). Now I only take it when I have serious flares, for only 3-4 days. As for side effects, I had insomnia, but not too bad; I did not gain weight, but my stomach did increase in size. I am perfectly willing to put up with that for the relief."

Highly effective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2016