User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 88 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 37 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 383 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Gouty Arthritis: "It causes diarrhea after two days of taking it"

Adam rich April 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Back in the mid eighties I started to get some sort of odd inflammation they thought several different diseases because from time to time I test positive for them then negative. First Lyme's , then systemic lupus, then gout, then possible bone cancer, etc etc.. the list is huge and has baffled a lot of different doctors which have sent me to all the best clinics the last time was Neuromyelitus when I started to go blind and seizures.. when the flare up eventually got so bad in the nineties that I was mottled and four times the normal size and bed bound not being able to walk at all..the big problem is it floats and affects random joints and organs . I have to . What seems to help the most is Prednisone"

OneDusty April 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "The medication works when you can't breathe but the side effects are horrible! I feel very disoriented and depressed. Not for me."

DeeMin March 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "I have psoriasis on my hands and was prescribed prednisone. And yes it cleared my psoriasis up in under 2 weeks but the side effects of this drug are worse then the psoriasis is. Horrible!!!"

Lowjac (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had remaining tooth pain after dental surgery to extract a bad tooth and put in the implant. The tooth pain was in the tooth next to the one that was extracted. I could not bite down on that tooth even 6 weeks after the dental surgery!! Ibuprofen did not touch the pain. Then the doctor gave me a Prednisone pack. Two thirds through the first day the pain was mostly gone. The next morning I could chew normally again. No pain after that."

Tooth pain from dental surgery (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gouty Arthritis: "The most effective medicine for gout I REPEAT THE MOST EFFECTIVE thing is GUAIFENESIN. The expectorant! I suffered gout attack for 15 years or so - was on Allopurinol. Prednisone shots. You don't need ANY OF THAT. Buy the largest dose you can find; 800 mg tablets, 1200 mg is the strongest. Take at the first sign of an attack; repeat until the attack is thwarted. 2 is about the max for most people; the attack should end very quickly! I haven't had an attack in years. As far as I'm concerned, either it cured me or I grew out of gout in my early to mid sixties. I wish I had known this 25 years ago. YOU KNOW IT NOW. CURE YOURSELF with this miracle cure. Free from me to you!"

Wee Liam (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "Usually, I try to a drug without reading up on side effects but this medication had me consistently checking for reactions online. It did help my asthma but the allergic reactions and side effects kept me out of work the whole time I was on it. My vision became blurry, the nausea was daily, swelling of my tongue didn't get deal-able until I was down to 10mg. Let me clarify, I was on this medication for almost two months starting at 60mg. My sugar went on a roller coaster ride..... they started giving me meds to deal with the side effects which helped. I will never take this medication in the future. Listen to your body and speak up for yourself. I believe my problem is that I'm allergic to something in it..."

KVJ518 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Three weeks after I delivered my third child, I went into an Addisonian Crisis, and diagnosed with Addison's Disease. I was in the hospital for two weeks, on multiple medications including IV steroids. I was discharged on prednisone. I felt like a new person! I felt 100% better. I wasn't sleeping all of the time, no more dizziness or fainting, and the pain was gone. I personally didn't experience any major side effects. This drug literally changed my life."

Kelsey F (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "If you can't handle anymore ibuprofen for swelling I highly recommend prednisone. My glands in my jaw swelled up and the only thing that helped it was prednisone. Yes you're always hungry on it and can get an upset stomach. You can get very irritable on it. Yes you do gain weight but some side effects can be reduced if you take the same amount of the medicine throughout the day and not all at once."

Nuitdelamort (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Went to the Little Clinic in Fry's. I went in with severe sinus pressure. I hadn't had any fever or body ache's so they prescribed me Prednisone 30mg once a day for 5 days. I did feeling anxious, but it only lasted about an hour. They also prescribed Advil & Sinus and Mucinex. Within an hour and a half of taking the first dose, I felt releif. It has been a 8 days since I finished my last does the sinus pressure did not return, but I have post nasal drip which is causing a sore throat and coughing. This is my first time taking Prednisone. For the most part, it did its job."

Dorsey Dollar (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I suffered with sciatic nerve pain for two weeks. It hurt to sit or lay down. The doctor ordered muscle relaxers, which made me very drowsy and I slept 14 hours at a time. I was starting to consider surgery when my primary doctor became unavailable, his replacement immediately ordered Prednisone. By the end of the first day, the pain started to subside. By the end of the third day, it was completely gone. I continued to take the meds as prescribed until finished. I would recommend this product to anyone. My blood pressure was elevated, due to the pain, and I believe Prednisone saved my life."

Ms Loretta (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Eczema: "Whenever my eczema gets to be too far advanced that the creams just don't cut it, Prednisone is just the thing to clear up the eczema. I have it on my hands mostly and being a nurse, I can't possibly work with my hands full of blisters and swollen as it gets."

Nurse Torres (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had experienced sore wrists, neck ache and groin pain on and off for 6 months, then overnight I became almost totally disabled. Neck pain so bad it hurt to turn my head, shoulder pain I couldn't lift my arms, wrist pain and couldn't take the top of the jam and groin pain I could hardly walk. Inflammatory markers initially normal and rheumatologist didn't even mention PMR. It was only after speaking to an Osteopath who suggested it could be Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR). I requested another blood test and my inflammatory markers were raised significantly. My dr. agreed we should try Prednisone After just a few days on 15mg/day, the acute pain had gone and I was able to at least dress myself."

Chrissie55 February 25, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "Horrible drug whose side effects are worse than the condition. Really messed me up for months on a six day course starting at 24mg, then reducing by 4mg daily for 5 days. Panic attacks, vision problems, ulcer or gastritis, hip pain, racing heartbeat, hip pain and didn't do anything for the allergic sinus condition. Getting out of polluted Bakersfield, California did cure the allergy but spent month on the side effects after ending use. Doctors and pharmacists never warned of possible side effects."

Starbuck0002 February 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I would rate this drug 10/10 only for the fact that the beneficial effects wear of too quickly when the course finishes (usually a reducing six week course for me). The impact initially is dramatic, with nearly all symptoms disappearing in 2 to 4 days. Wonder drug from this perspective. Since I'm not prescribed for longer than six weeks during major flare-ups I'm not sure of what the side affects with higher doses or longer treatment are like, but I do remember having large doses in hospital when first diagnosed 16 years ago and losing hair, moon face, etc."

keatss February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "Given short dose, 1 week, to treat exasperation of asthma due to upper respiratory infection. Had relief within 4 hours of 1st dose."

Jayhawkjeb (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "2nd flare up in 2 years 1st flare up with in 3 days of 30mg a day I was back to "normal " did 3 pills a day for 1 week, 2 pills a day for week and last week one pill a day for 7 days ! Only side affect I had some pretty odd dreams . Now on my 2nd flare up taking 30mg for 7 days did not see any improvement. Dr put me on 40mg a day hoping this helps .. side affects this round are odd dreams , dry Mouth which brings sticky breath and puff bags under eyes ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I could barely walk and bending was impossible. I started with prednisone 40 mg. for 4 days then tapered off. In 2 days I felt like a new person!! All pain gone. Personally I'd take it everyday if not for the possible side effects. I call it a miracle drug."

Angebattles February 10, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago with RA ..I was in crippling pain I started on 20 mg a day until flares got under control .. I now take plaquenil and 5 mg prednisone and feel like a human again and my rheumy wants me off the prednisone..I don't get it a patient feels great why take the relief away...small things in life make me happy ..walking,working and getting out of bed on my own.. I think it is a miracle drug"

Td35 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "Took away my poison ivy rash made me gain weight and made me psychotic I hate that doctors can write prescriptions to take one thing away have to write another prescription to fix that problem. A bunch of greedy money making machines they are."

Angler M (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My experience was okay, I took 10 mg prednisone for about two weeks when I started taking isotretinoin for my severe acne. It reduced my inflammation very well, but caused uncomfortable bloating and very mild muscle soreness. It also caused me to have significant mood swings from having a lot of energy and excitement to being very depressed and having suicidal thoughts, and in some cases it made me a tad bit aggressive. So, it did the job well but the mental effects were kinda unenjoyable in my opinion. Personally, I won't say the drug is bad but I do highly advise you to take caution and monitor the mental health of whoever is taking the medicine."

Just your everyday person (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "for my Polymyalgia rheumaticaI I was taking four ibuprofen 3 times per day which provided only some relief from the joint and muscle pain. I had severe pain in my wrists, and pain and stiffness in my shoulders, back, and legs. I started on 25mg/day and most of my symptoms disappeared. I have been tapering for six months now and am down to 8mg/day. Some symptoms have returned but at a very manageable level. I have experienced some weight gain, maybe 5-7 pounds. At times I feel a bit of anxiety and possibly a little depression that may be related to the prednisone. No other side effects at this point."

Pmr sufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma: "Taking Predisone causes me to heart-burn, but a simple antacids helps get rid of the heart-burn. Also, makes me edgey, and my feet swell some times when taking predisone. But it's totally worth taking predisone because the feeling of suffocation is so much worse."

trigian (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "doctor gave this as antibiotic for a sinus infection 20mg once day for 10 days. First couple days of taking it, started having severe dissociation and racing thoughts, anxiety went up to an all time high. ( I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder/ anxiety since I was 6) started to develop depression so bad that I couldn't think or even go to work, suffered from intense panic attacks, all the while not realizing what was causing me all these problems. I thought I was going mentally insane until on the 6th day of taking this hell drug, I then googled searched the side effects and realized what had been causing my horrible mental breakdown. Immediately stopped taking it and after two days (and two charcoal detoxes) I feel somewhat normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Reactions: "So far so good"

Marceau (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017