User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 86 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 37 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 329 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Asthma: "Prednisone is always my go to, like many of you I am an asthmatic as well. It seems I cannot get a simple cold without it turning into some form of bronchitis. When my abeutrol pump is no longer working that's when I know to turn to the prednisone. It makes me feel safe because I know within a few short hours I will feel normal again. As for side effects, I get jittery and speedy. Also my face gets more plump and gives me the "moon face" look. However, id rather have a fat face than not being able to breathe. Prednisone is okay in moderation, but if taken too often in big doses it can have an effect on your bones, liver etc. ❤️ Prednisone it helps me every winter"

Olivialuc November 4, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "i had hives. got perscribed this, about 4 days into taking it every time i shut my eyes something i was scared of would fly at my face making me jolt up and open my eyes, I didn't sleep for about 36 hours. even me knowing and thinking it was not real did not help even the slightest. nothing helped it i just had to wait until it was out of my system enough for it to stop. but every single noise was amplified and scary, my boyfriend would knock into something and it would send me into a panic he would say something or even move enough for my vision to catch it and I would actually jump and get scared, basically everything was terrifying and I couldn't shut my eyes for more than about 2 seconds without it happening."

reginamae October 31, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Severe muscle spasm in lower lumbar region, couldn't stand as I couldn't bear any weight without severe pain and would just collapse. Doctor prescribed me prednisone on a tapered prescription along with painkillers and muscle relaxants. Prednisone was fantastic within two days I was back on my feet and on sixth day managed a return eight hour flight home which I was dreading! An X-ray confirmed osteoarthritis in my lower spine. Prednisone gave me my freedom and future back. ps I'm writing this at 3am as the side effects are that I don't sleep throughout the whole night. I will be asking my doctor at home for prednisone if this happens again as its more effective than painkillers."

J?B (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

For Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: "Second time with aihi first time about 7 yrs ago and it wasn't caught until my hemoglobin had bottemed out. In hospital for about a week and on drip for a few days then 90 mg of Prednisone for a month then a year , had the moon face, weight gain and insomnia until I got down to about 10 mg, reducing . Got to 5 mg but it starts again so moved up to 50 for 2 weeks and a few more months reducing. Finally stopped and stayed stopped until a few months ago. Back on 50 mg for a week then it seemed to turn around but dropped to 30 mg and it started up so on 40 mg but still see evidence of RBC destruction so will see what's happening in 2 days on a new testing Side effects so far this time, insomnia, moodswings, short of breath, irritability and mo"

Jehosha (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Indomethacin used to work… Now prednisone helps a lot more."

gary gout (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I only use pred for gout when the pain is so bad I cant sleep, walk and am really struggling. Works great on reducing pain in a short time. Best to take in mornings to avoid sleepness nights! Short term use isnt too bad but I was on the things for nearly a year for ulcerative colitis and be warned side effects, withdrawal symptoms and damage to health can be horrendous"

James m uk September 22, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Went to Centra Care, 31 August,antibiotic, no help, 8 days later went to ER Hospital, 8 Sept , given z-pack 5 days, started feeling a little better but not right yet, super fatigue besides the regular Fibromyalgia, 12 Sept, go to Research Group Doctor, I am in for COPD, given Prednisone 20 mg for 5 days 2x's a day. 1st day that I felt good in over 4 weeks and only on one for a day right now. Thank you"

Jude of Saint Georges Court (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "Put on it as a trial basis for an extreme allergic reaction. Before I could barely breathe, my face swelled, and my lips were massive. After taking it for one day my facial swelling is almost gone, I'm a little hungry, and it's causing some restlessness, but it's helping with the hives so much. Glad it's a trial basis and that it's working."

Kay22 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "I took prednisonefor bullous pemphigoid four years ago. It took over six months to get diagnosed so it was bad by the time I started prednisone. At first the doctor tried CellCept, but that did not work. Prednisone immediately took care of the itching and a week or so for rash. It took a few months to be able to wean myself off it (I started at 60mg and was dropping successfully until I hit 20mg; after that, whenever I dropped, I would flare up, so I stayed at that level for something like two months). Now I only take it when I have serious flares, for only 3-4 days. As for side effects, I had insomnia, but not too bad; I did not gain weight, but my stomach did increase in size. I am perfectly willing to put up with that for the relief."

Highly effective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2016

For Lichen Planus: "I had 8week course of pred..while it erased my lichen rash it made me gain weight my face was unrecognisable(fat) and i constantly was eating...also i dont know if anyone felt tipsy on these meds? I began being clumsy and couldnt sleep, after 8 weeks of taking 4 days after stopping, rash came back, was told take 1 a day!!!! Still on them...but now im getting bad joint pains /depression and short fuse(mood swings..excessive sweating"

ALEEMA (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've been on prednisone over a year at 10mg/day and last 3 month at 20mg/day. This is a really dangerous m"

J-p (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2016

For Lichen Planus: "I took prednisone twice for my lichen planus. the 1st time it worked great, a lot of my plaque areas cleared up and went away, however anytime I was experiencing stress, a change in other medications, anxiety ect, I broke out in new sites. The 2nd time I took prednisone I experienced severe side effects. It caused a perforation in my bowel, stomach and lower intestine. I also got a abscess under my liver that had to be tubed. I spent 6 days in the hospital and was given a PIC line for administration of IV antibiotic Zosyn every 6 hrs for 30 days after release from the hospital. (that then gave me c difficile, not once but TWICE.) It did help with my lichen planus, but the side effects for me greatly outweighed its successes."

Stephany K September 1, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Every time I take it I feel like the me before Fibro. I was doagnosed 3 years ago. I have had prednisone maybe 5 times now but only for a few week my primary doctor wont give it to me long term to may risks. So in Dec. When I see my RA dr I am asking for it long term. The benifits out weight the benefits. I have three kids and a "possible" early death and bad side effect are minor compared to my kids not having a full functioning mommy now. They are to little for me to be bed ridden or a having these horrible flares and missing their T ball games. I want them to have good memories of me not memories of me being sick."

Nitsirk85 August 30, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have stiffness in lower back, pain in neck area, hips for many years but the pain is tolerable. I also get periodic muscle stabs of pain followed by a twitch like when you fall asleep. From time to time the pain would get bad and I would need to take pain medications. Narcotics never worked but Toradol would work good BUT when I had a allergic reaction to the Toradol with hives and itching and went to the ER they gave me prednisone. Within two days of taking the prednisone I had SO MUCH energy and was pain FREE. I felt like I was 20 years old again. I had ambition to get things done. I felt SO good. I felt like I discovered the fountain of youth. Don't know if it is coincidence but I never had the pain until I contracted HSV."

Rainna (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My girlfriend just finished prednisone for hand inflammation. Today she woke to severe body aches. Tears in her eyes. We tried benedryl but little help. I gave her coconut water we got from Whole Foods last week. She had immediate relief. Not sure if it was the water. She is still having the pains in her joints, especially knees, and muscles. Then pain is worse after she stands. So many posts here about the problem. I hope this post offers someone else a chance at a possible solution. The coconut water has 30o mg of potassium. It also has calcium, sodium,and magnesium."

Philndawn August 21, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Memory Loss"

JOYROY (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was diagnosed at age 19 I am now 47 years old. I have been on so many medications and research studies over the yrs and I don't think anything really works. I just started a 5 day dose of Prednisone today and I am hoping for relief. I spend my life planning around this disease and how far from a bathroom I am. I hate it!"

Uc suffer August 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Currently on my 2nd round for a 'flare' in my colitis......first time worked it's magic so quickly I couldn't believe it (started at 20mg for a week, reducing by 5mg each week). This time, I've been taking 20mg per day constantly and, although symptoms have improved slightly, I'm still suffering from urgency, diarrhoea and stomach cramps. I don't seem to be experiencing any side effects as yet but have another 2 weeks to go until I'm back to see the hospital consultant. Really don't want to be taking this for a day longer than I need to. Also taking Azathiroprine"

Pilotmum August 19, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Started on prednisone about 15 years ago along with 500mg of naproxen 2x daily to control RA. My dr started weening me off the prednisone a year ago when I had a heart attack and was taken off all nsaids. I was down to 2mg a day when I was hospitalized with gall bladder surgery. With no help for pain the RA is flared up and I am back on prednisone. A good med."

Revjoh (taken for 10 years or more) August 16, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Got prescribed this with an antibiotic for sinusitis. Felt better the first day but as i continued the meds, i noticed severe anxiety, moodiness and sweating.my brother also says ive been talking excessively, so the racing mind is probably a side effect. I have 5 more days to go with the prednisone. The prescription was for 10 days."

Alison93 August 12, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking prednisone for a rare condition, Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome. When I was diagnosed, I had severe double vision (Both eyes were affected.). I also had fatigue and dizziness. And, did I mention the headaches. I have been on prednisone for 2.3 years. I have gotten down to 5 mg/0 mg on alternating days only to relapse both times. With the right diet and exercise program, most of the physical side affects of the prednisone, if it is low dose, can be eliminated. In the last year, I have dropped 32lbs, and look damn good for a 42 year old woman. The downside is that I have not been able to get off of the meds. The upside is that it helps me live a normal life. I can't live with horrible headaches and double vision."

Mamoumudbug August 3, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with PMR in early 2012 after an overnight onset in late 2011. I had back surgery in Dec 2011 and thought that had been my problem when I woke up pain free. Unfortunately it took only 3 days for the steroids in the meds at surgery to wear off and the pain returned with a vengeance. I was diagnosed with the PMR and given 20 mg daily of prednisone and started to immediately taper off. After 4 years and transfer to Mayo clinic I still am fighting to stay off the prednisone. After a week I begin to have hand pain, 10 days begins the arm muscle pain, 14 days and the stiff neck shoulder pain. At 4 weeks all muscles and joints ache but no one has diagnosed it as fibromyalgia. Small relief fro 800 mg advil daily. is this fibromya"

Katwise August 1, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on low dose Prednisone for 32 years. My RA started 2 years before Methotrexate and I was totally disabled for 2 years until I got in on clinical trials of MTX. The prednisone helped me get through flare ups and bad times. I would increase the dosage for a couple of days and ease the pain. Now I take 5mg a day every day to maintain myself. Now I am on disability due to my hands which are severely deformed. When you have experienced the effects of severe crippling Rheumatoid Arthritis, the pain of not being able to function at any level. You will do anything to relieve that pain. "

detchas July 30, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "Taken for severe hives, rash, itching. Allergic to the world. However it has also made my joint pain so much better, places I didn't realize were that swelled up! Now I'm wondering what else is going on. Good experience this time around. Was on 60mg/day for 5dys"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have a hip injury. I was given a high dose of hip cortisone injection. The next day I was pain free through out my body! I forgot what it felt like to be human. The systemic symptoms slowly returned after about 3-4 wks. I saw a RA doc who R/O RA. Now am waiting to see fibromyalgia doctor but I am hoping to get a mediation I can take permenateoy to get this same relief. Been dealing with this horrible pain since Jan 2016. Which a great deal stress had been thrown on me. Help!!"

Alc2018 July 20, 2016