User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 299 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Asthma: "I am chronic asthmatic and have to take prednisolone on average at least once a month (8 tablets a day for 7 days). Sometimes i cant walk from my bed to my bathroom for a wee i cant breathe that much. But after taking peednisolone, within the next few hours i can walk every time. However, i have raging mood swings, my back teeth have crumbled out from taking too many tablets, my bones are weak and i am always hungry. But without them i wouldn't be able to breathe. Luckily i live in the UK and we have the NHS x"

Charball (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2016

For COPD: "Have had to use prednisone for many reasons ..I believe it's a miracle drug..a life saver!! But with bad side effects... and shouldn't be taken for long periods of time .. I suffer from COPD, psoriasis, and cirrhosis of the liver.. I should be 6 ft. under at the age of 68 with all my issues but like I said prednisone is helping me to live day to day!!!"

1212134 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Low back pain radiating down legs and shoulder pain. I have been in severe pain since injuring my back in 2007. I worked in construction and have injured my lower back several times. MRI revealed bulging disc from L1 to L5 and shoulder pain is from years of heavy work. I have been going to pain clinics since 2008 and although I take pain medication it does little to relieve the pain. My PCP prescribed Prednisone tablets for 20 days along with a shot to start with. Within three days my pain had decreased and within a week I was almost pain free. For the first time in years I spent a week without pain medicine. I took the last of the prednisone last week and the pain in my lower back and shoulder returned yesterday and by this morning I am using a walker again."

Darelmac (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I first experienced gout 22 years ago in one of my big toes. Suffered through that attack and a few years later I experienced a few more attacks. Eventually went to a doctor and was diagnosed as gout. As the years passed, I had attacks in various joints. I would get pain in one ankle, then it would move to the other ankle or one of my knees. The pain would luckily ocate in only one joint at a time. In the fall of 2014, I had an attack so bad on my knee that image repeated trips to the medical clinic and received shots of Decadron and prednisone packs for treatment. The pain would go away only to return 2-3 weeks later. Made 4 total visits during that period. Just yesterday, I had to go back for treatment from an acute attack."

JCINGA (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have very frequent bouts of sinusitis with general associated dizziness. Over the last 2 years I've had way too many scripts for Antibiotics (which eventually didn't work anymore) so the doc has occasionally suggested Prednisolone. Did this in December and after a few days all good! Right now in June I'm in trouble again so again on the Pred and tapering down over a week, but I avoid it at night cos it keeps me awake. I'm feeling almost alive again today. Hopefully I'll be out of the woods again soon!"

Wenno June 19, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Does away with the worst pain and inflammation I've ever felt in as few as 6 hours. 50 milligram dose works wonders."

Kboyer (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I had a severe itch for almost a month. The doctor couldn't make a formal diagnosis. I had red itchy spots all over me and I was MISERABLE. I was prescribed a predisone pack of 21 pills 10mg to take over a span of 5 or 6 days and by the third day the itching and scratching had subsided tremendously. I'm not sure if it was an allergic reaction to something I came in contact with as I have never had a problem like this before. This medicine truly saved me...It did make me have an appetite but since it took care of my problem that issue was insignificant."

foxsays (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a choking/allergic reaction where my throat swelled as well as my vocal chords, it was scary but I'm glad it happened because I was living with a lot of pain that the Prednisone helped from a bike accident as well as other issues. I just took it for 5 days & I did take a 5 mg about 3 weeks later as a maintenance dose. As far as the anxiety goes my body adjusted to that after a couple days then it dissipated once I stopped taking it. I did gain 6 lbs & hit kept me awake first couple nights. The positive out weighs the side effects for me especially with a short term dosage"

Florida Al (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Eczema: "I understand the severe side effects. However, as one who has suffered from severe asthma and eczema, as well as intolerable skin itching in general, my entire life, I look at prednisone as a miracle drug. It allows me to breathe, stops the skin itching, and clears my skin up quickly. If there is another drug that will accomplish these goals, I would definitely give it a try. I am 47 years old, and all of my issues were considered "childhood illnesses" that would eventually disappear. Unfortunately they never did. At my age I've learned to greet the doctor with "yes, I understand the side effects. In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. If there is a new wonderdrug I should know about, let's give it a go!""

Petmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "Went to the Dr with sore throat and chills ,the night before I tossed and turned with pain and sweats...went to the er got a dose of Prednisone and within a few hours I felt 80% better"

Poohby May 24, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Incredible change 1st day after taking. More energy, less pain. Could barely get uo or down stairs before...now no problems."

fromkamloops (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Swelling severe joint pain especially wrists leaving me unable to use my hands. Dr prescribed prednisolone 20 mgs to start ,within 1 hour my pain was gone and next day swelling had almost disappeared . As I was on a long course I did suffer from being paranoid and gained over 3 stone in weight , however I did realise I had to bear with it to have any quality of life and it did work , for 5 years I had no more symptoms. Recently my pains and swellings are back only in my wrists this time doctors prescribed only short periods of the drug, I had no side affects but 3 days after finishing my wrists were screaming pain . I am 70 this year and otherwise have good health so I will have my way and use of my hands back by using this drug."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have epilepsy and it sent me into a grandmal seizure the first day I started taking it. Then I did not take it again and I had no more seizures. I was taking it for inflammation of the inner ear. It was my first time taking it an my last. It may help other people, but it made me have a seizure. I rarely have them so I know it was the prednisone. I do not advise epileptics to take this medicine. This is coming from personal experience. Stay safe."

Vasha118 May 16, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I was diagnoised with pityriasis rubra / red itchy patches all over the body , like sunburn . I had 40 mg per day for two weeks and decrease it by 5 mg evry week . Worked right from start and cured it for good."

Recep (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have had back to back sinus infections several times per year for the past few years. I have taken too many antibiotics and do the ENT prescribed prednisone 30 mg for 3 days then 20 for 2 days then 10 then done. Sounded simple enough even though I had been putting off prednisone for a year. I also take klonopin low dose for an anxiety condition. I know my hyper sensitivity to meds so the first night I took half the initial dosage. I woke up early the next morning with a racing mind and high anxiety. The racing mind scared me. It dissipated within a few hours but still made me feel on edge for the remainder of the day. I called the pharmacist as it was a weekend and I could not get the doctor and explain. She told me to stop the prednisone"

Penchant (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have terrible leg pain/neuropathy as I am pre-diabetic. I discovered accidentally that a low dose of prednisone erased the pain completely and gave my ability to walk back. My Dr was concerned about the long term side effects- 5 mg a day - so wanted me to try Celebrex instead. What a disaster. Terrible stomach and back pain . My inflammation and severe pain came back with a vegeance. Back on prednisone . For all the naysayers- this drug gave me my life back. I am dedicated to losing weight so the pre-diabetes issue goes away- and I can get off of Prednizone. This drug gave me my life back. Sounds like the high dosage given to patients on this site caused major unpleasant side effects - my low dosage did not result in any negative effects."

Kanne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

For Asthma: "I only take prednisone in the bubble pack as a last resort. It does work effectively but, the short & long term side effects of the medication need the user to proceed with caution. I have to use it for my chronic episodes of bronchitis & when my asthma gets too bad for just albuterol. Short term caused my liver function to go wonky. When i use a pred blister pack I usually gain 5-10lbs. It also causes sebaceous hyperplasia which look like raised whiteheads that never go away. If you go to a gym w/ steroid abusers you will see that they have whiteheads all over their back & face. That is s. Hyperplasia. You have to get it burnt or cut out of your skin to get rid of it. If I didn't need it for my asthma i would never take it willingly."

kkris May 10, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Daddy Bean. Your symptoms/attacks are identical to my own. Currently on 700mg Alopurinon and due another 6 monthly check in 2 weeks. I'm 4 weeks into my latest attack which has primarily been right knee - only has left to linger on right, then left foot to left knee and back to right knee where it's made itself at home for the last 4 days. This is the worst acute attack I've had in 15 years. Still not diagnosed as gout as it moves and comes as quickly as it goes. Hopefully rhumatologist will investigate pseudo gout (calcium) or more likely Palindromic Rheumatism - would be really keen to hear from anyone who may have experience with this. Anyway Prednesolone is the only thing that seems to touch this at the moment. 6 tabs first thing."

Kiwikodi (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Asthma: "I have Bipolar disorder & was given this medication for an infection; 48 hours later I was manic, 72 hours later I became delusional and was experiencing psychosis, unable to identify family & my home. It was very scary because it hit so quick & I didn't know what was happening to me. I am stable & on regimented medication/lifestyle practices. Found out those with Bipolar should always try to shy from this RX & other steroids. Be careful if you have a mental illness, discuss other options with your doctor, please don't go through my very negative experience."

crazydude81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been given prednisone for a bout of poison ivy and another time for bronchitis. Each I am unable to sleep, concentrate, and have insane pain in my legs. I hate this stuff. Makes me feel like I'm flaring. So much joint pain. But my sick gets better so I suck it up."

Hate it (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "The prednisone is the drug that works. I went to get a shot of steroids, but my doctor was in the hospital. (Ha) I had been taking indocin , Colcrys, and Vicodin. The indocin seems to work on very mild attacks, if I take it right away. However, this latest attack turned into an acute one. I had a dorsal pack of methprednasone in my medicine chest, that I was saving. This was a good test proving that , for me, the steroid , prednisone, was the operative drug. In the dorsal pack, you start off with two 4 mil. Pills. Within 2 hours signification pain loss. By the end of the day, the word miracle was appropriate. This is the start of my 3rd day and it looks like it's almost completely gone!! Thank you God for this medication."

Glenn with gout April 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Manufactured by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals. This was a unit of use package for a five day use starting with a higher dosage and going down to one pill on the last day. Very poor instructions on how to remove the pills from the card. I ended up having to cut them out with a razor blade. I would rate Ease of Use at a 1."

rbelllebec April 25, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Today is day 6 and my last day (1 tablet) of prednisone. It is a miracle I guess. I have absolutely no pain and before this administration of these drugs, I wondered whether life was worth the pain. Back to the doctor to get results for 2nd round of blood tests but fibromyalgia certainly looks to be the culprit. Wonder how long this great pain relief will last?"

Lynda C April 25, 2016

For COPD: "Made me hungry I gained weight"

peppylady (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with early RA six weeks after onset of symptoms in almost every joint. Put on 10 day course of decreasing dosage and experience relieve with in the first 6 hours. No longer on Pred but take 2 grams sulfazine daily and symptoms, although still painful, are decreasing after 35 days. Assume that when or if a flare up occurs Pred, will be prescribed."

fat dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016